Was it actually he best MMO or do I just have my nostalgia goggles on?

Was it actually he best MMO or do I just have my nostalgia goggles on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was and had the best community by far of any MMO I have ever played.

the PVP was really something...

I miss that shit.

>best MMO
If the bar wasn't so low I would disagree with you

Post skill icons

It was legitimately a good game with good graphics(for the day), a good story, exceptional PvP, and to top it off, a god tier soundtrack

the game was amazing but the voice acting made me want to shoot myself

Yeah the canthan voice acting was especially lulz worthy

Ascalon pre-Searing was very comfy.

I mostly played this, WoW and Runescape. .

Then again, I'd say I'm a casual when it comes to MMOs.

But boy, do I have fond memories.

It was good because it kept everything fairly simple.

A lot better than the so-called sequel.

I really had fun during the launch but felt like I missed out on the cooler endgame stuff to get into the game's full potential. Went back to WoW at one point to play with my friends and it just seemed to late to go back in during the GW2 hype days.

>played GW2 on launch date
>stopped playing after a week
>re-download it a year later
>maybe it'll be better this time...
>stop playing after 4 days
>download it a year later
>stop playing after 6 hours

i really really wish guild wars 2 wasn't shit

I've been looking for an old GW pvp video, maybe someone here has it. I know it's a long shot, but the only thing I remember is it was a necro pvp video that had Muse playing for most of it... maybe 7-8 minutes long?

i'm still actively playing and its still great

I miss it so goddamn much.

Thinking about what kind of game GW2 is makes me nauseous.

>Not old SWG

It doesn't even need to be good in objective terms, not like it's a sandbox anyway, but its unique premise of gameplay already makes it one of the best.

We will never get an mmo like it again

one of my fav still play it from time to time with a friend

It was the best MMO because it wasn't actually an MMO and the developer didn't try to classify it as one (they used instead the term CORPG, "Competitive Online RPG")
It was more akin to a lobby game like PSO where the majority of time spent is not with a ton of other people.
Because of this they focused most of their efforts on level and mission design, on dungeons and on PvP scenarios.

Every now and then I'll log in and make a new character just to dick around in pre-searing. It's so cozy.

Is it still playable? How many people are playing still?

It pretty much a single player WRPG at this point with players selling things.

I like to jump on it after a while, and look around, and do random things, I particularly like to wonder around Kaineng City.

youtube.com/watch?v=bKJSC_mteIg

;_;

>that moment when you finally got gwamm

Not a MMO but it was a fantastic, unique game. We will never again see its like.

i liked gw2 overall tho

As a stand-alone MMO, if it didn't call itself a sequel to GW1, it would have been one of the better ones. But it's an insult to the memory of GW1,

at least it didnt just sit as is forever like WoW did

Gw2 was automatically shit, when I saw interviews saying it's 200 years later from the events of gw1.

For some reason I don't like it when games does "sequels" that does large time skips.

They should have just done other parts of the world.

>For some reason I don't like it when games does "sequels" that does large time skips.
It's usually an excuse for running out of ideas on how to continue the current plot.

>It's usually an excuse for running out of ideas on how to continue the current plot.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Not even counting as a GW sequel, the game is pretty poorly done with the floaty combat and fucking Sylvaris.

Not him but many lore people left and gave the responsible of lore to a hack writer that couldn't write shit.

You either timeskip or got back to the beginning when you're out of idead
t. Hollywood
>G4me: Origins

it still hurts

There's still guilds you can join if you want to talk to and play with other players and zashien missions/quests usually bring people together

>floaty combat

did you even play the game?? much less floaty than all the other garbage mmos

What's a good Free to play MMO these days?
I don't want to play anymore Korean MMOs.
Fuck them

MMO by definition isn't good, this is precisely why GW is still the best "MMO"

EvE.

In about 1 month.