Do romance quest options in video games take away from the game or do they make the game better?

Do romance quest options in video games take away from the game or do they make the game better?

It's good if it's optional.

make better if it's no a bioware game and romance is the only interesting element in the story

Fucking the brown girls?

I wanna be THE guy!

It depends on how it is handled, but in general it takes away from recent games. This is because recent games try to instill characters with some personality, while romance quests just boil down to, "Collect five wolf asses and kill these bandits to bonk." It's an achievement which unlocks a sex scene, which either means that every character is a cheap whore (or lusty and loose) or you have some inconsistencies between the characters' personalities and the romance.

It's been done better in older games - it's kind of hard to do worse - but that was mainly due to characters back then having basically zero personality, and so it wasn't hard to attach a romance plotline to them. They'd just repeat the same three lines with the same static personality if you chose not to progress that character's romance plot.

>Fucking the brown girls?
the real question is how many games let you do that

You're pretty good

Pretty

good

Hmmm...

The fuck are "romance quest"? What type of games have these and what's a triple AAA title that has them?

Is that Pharah or Ana?

Since I'm a lonely otaku hand holdless virgin I love romance in games and look specifically for games with romance
t. Personafag

Personally, in video games, I don't want romance "options." I want love stories built into the plot of the game.

post more pics

Ana
Pharah is lesbian

>and what's a triple AAA title that has them?
You should seriously consider suicide.

Depends on the girls.

>tfw you have never embraced a woman as a manly man

This. I thought of this image immediately.

I agree with this. The problem with romance in games is that most games with a romance option treat it as though you're accomplishing any other mission. Find 13 gold flowers to make character have an intense desire to have all your babies. Stand next to this character for 21 turns to bone. It's just the amount of work it takes to see two character kiss or get a few seconds of bare ass and rarely feels like two people falling in love. Hell even when there isn't a romance mechanic but romance is story related it still feels weak but I attribute that more to most games having weak writing in general.

tl;dr it's complicated as fuck to replicate authentic, believable romance and the path games take to try and recreate that is flawed

I've never embraced a women period.

I want more gay romance in my videogames.

It's pretty great. You should try it.

video games*

>romance "quests"
>romance that involves a character you create
Not okay
>romance built into the plot of the game with a set protagonist
okay

i feel the same about this also.

They can be done well, but often they're not.

Examples of romance done well?

Post more of this

Unpopular as fuck opinion incoming but FFX is an example of romance done well. Tidus is a whiny fuck and Yuna is a wispy mary sue but at the end of the day they NEED each other. The circumstances of how they got together is dumb (I just happened to crash land on the island where this girl with ties to my father who also met her on coincidence lives) but they have a link to one another. They view things differently but it is impossible for Yuna to complete her quest without Tidus and it's impossible for Tidus to complete his development without Yuna. And for all his preaching about Yuna not sacrificing herself to save everyone else, Tidus sacrifices himself to save Yuna because he loves her too much to care about his own fate. I still think it's babby's first RPG but at least that part was done well.

I think it's the same as with crafting-based, open world survival games.
I'm not saying they're all necessarily shit, but I haven't seen a good one yet.

>but FFX is an example of romance done well
Kill yourself, retard. Everything about FFX was shit, but especially the romance. Yuna was the worst female character ever made.

Only in VNs.

Hey thats the chick i fingered

DUDE WTF DID YOU JUST DO? WHY WOULD YOU PUT A HEX ON THIS THREAD

its fine as an additional feature. when its the main subject of the game, and the genre is not 'visual novel?' it always detracts

I get the feeling that any writer who could add romance to a video game thats not a VN, and do it well, is too good a writer to be in vidya to begin with