Could someone tell me about this game? I know absolutely nothing about t other than seeing a vee threads in catalog

Could someone tell me about this game? I know absolutely nothing about t other than seeing a vee threads in catalog

Is it a meme? Is it
>fun

It's a game where you go →

Are you saying he can't go wrong?

Guess Mystery Chronicle didn't help its popularity too much.

It's alright to play for 10-15 minutes at a time. Picked it up for like 2 bucks

Any world up yet?

One Way Heroics is a roguelike with forced scrolling. The Darkness is a wall of death going from left to right, you have to defeat the Demon Lord before it consumes the entire world.

It also has some online functionality that displays some status messages of anyone else in the world you're in, and if they die, their ghost sometimes shows up so you can grab items off them.

There's a couple games for it out right now.

The original base game, OWH, One Way Heroics. It's free to play in Japanese, and often goes on sale for less than a dollar on Steam for the localized version.

The expansion/dlc, OWH+, One Way Heroics Plus. The "complete" version of the game, it isn't free to play in Japan. Found as DLC for the base game on Steam.

And the newest game, MC OWH, Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics. This is a spinoff/remake by Spike Chunsoft, and unlike the other games, is also on PS4 and Vita. It was developed for consoles and then ported to PC, so you'll notice some shit design for PC gaming in comparison to the originals.

I'll join if this thread is still alive after six hours or so.

TODAY I'LL REACH 2,000 KILOMETERS

I played that new version. Or like, spiritual new version or some shit. Where the wall of darkness is a wall of light. I don't think it's bad but it doesn't seem like much.

Good luck also Dosey appears very close at start

>desert at start

TIME TO GET RAPED BY HARPIES WITH 2x MOVE SPEED

I'm so glad OWH threads are becoming a regular thing on Cred Forums

>desert at start

Aw shit.

I wish the fun classes can somehow gain charisma without using goddess alter or perks.

>desert start

Like fucking clockwork.

>0 char ninja
Nice.

I have to ask. Does the online features of the chunsoft remake not really work?
Whenever I check the history of any of the campaign worlds, by character is always the only one that shows up. Every time. For every world ever.
Is the chunsoft remake just broken in terms of online or is it my end or what?

fucking corrupted lands

everytime

F

forgot picture

not sure about the remake since i only played like 3 hours of it before dropping it. it requires a twitter account to use the online features

Is there any mod so I can just explore everything without dying to darkness?

i should reword myself. i mean the remake's online features requires a twitter account. the original doesn't.

No.

It's not called "Two Way Heroics".

>plays on the easiest difficulty
>as swordmaster
>dies

What the fuck did you do???

I've only played this 3 times. I don't know what I'm doing.

F

>it requires a twitter account to use the online features
It does? Is that it? So if you don't retweet your adventure it won't show up in anyone else's game?
Is that really it? I never bothered because I don't even have a twitter account. And the idea of making one just to retweet each adventure sounds incredibly narcissistic and self indulgent.

Too bad, I thought I could get a mod like FTL and just chill out

I did it.

I want to play with you guys. But I am down sick with a fever and it's hard enough as it is to even write.
What poor timing. We better do this again some time.

I'm not sure about the retweet part since i don't have a twitter, but you do need it if you wanna see other player's ghost.

Daily reminder that tanks are the best RPG class.

"Tank" is an MMO archetype, not an RPG one.

>MMORPGs aren't RPGs

>tfw eating 5 animal meats in a row without getting poisoned

Name one non-MMO RPG that actually uses the tank/dps/healer trifecta.

FF13

I have about 20 hours in the first one, I started off not very impressed but I grew to really enjoy it. There's not many games that have the same feel for me, constantly moving forwards and making decisions

I've been thinking of getting the new one but I don't know how much it can really add

Dragons Dogma

It's frankly one of the top 5 PC exclusive games.

I want it on my vita.

ive only played the base game of the original and finished it in a few hours. i liked it but thought it was kind of barebones.

should I get the plus dlc, or should i get the new version of the game? which is better?

Noticed that if you hit "Q" in-game that this menu pops up in the new game. It's probably a leftover menu since it's not found in the settings and it doesn't seem to do anything if you picked one.
Sucks that they didn't stick with it since it was fun seeing other players with all their stats up to see what they were running and not this twitter crap.

Get the plus version

that reminds me, the limited physical ps4/vita run went on sale yesterday. Shit is nearly sold out as of right now.

Aw. That's a shame.
I always found it weirdly encouraging to see the avatars of others in their struggles against their respective demon lords in the upper corner. Even if I had minimal to no interaction with them.

Vanilla OWH is almost just like a demo of OWH+. Vanilla OWH was also free. OWH+ is where all the actual meat is.
The added content and small quality of life improvements it adds are like night and day. Or perhaps not at first sight, but you'll immediately feel it after a couple of runs. Plus is where all the content really is, and it's Plus that adds the variety that keeps runs from feeling like they're all the same.

Don't carry shit that blows up in your inventory
Do buy health pots
Do use your plant that gives you a free health pot every now and then
Don't go left

Final Fantasy XII and XIII

Show score homo

alright, thanks