Just got to Mem Aleph

Just got to Mem Aleph.

First SMT game.
wtf. must I use some gay optimized setup instead of figuring it out on my own?

this isn't like the previous bosses

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/ds/961651-shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey/faqs/59384
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

She has an attack wich kills every demon of the same alignment
You have to use demons of different alingment

what the fuck

Sorry, no easy ways out of here really (besides overleveling or getting a squad of weak demons with Repel skills and hoping she doesn't use too much of her almighty stuff, but c'mon)
All you can do is do as much damage as you can before you get too unlucky, burn your items because there's nothing else to use them, maybe give up on complete buff/debuffs since she can reset them so easily, and pray her 2nd phase's weakness cycling works out for you
As said above, she has a skill that dismisses a random alignment - so you can lucky or raped with a monotype team. I think she has an almighty OHKO skill as well, so get your Dragon Ring

My first playthrough, my best/only decent demon was one with Phys Boost and Amp, Charge, and Madness Crush; I eventually got a run where she stayed weak to Phys for a while

You need a Dragon Ring, you need demons of at least level 90, preferably with all of them having Salvation and Jihad, all with different alignments

Mem Aleph can wipe out all demons of identical alignment, the trick to beating her is having a party of varied and good demons that don't stick to one alignment.

that's weird but ok
I do have the dragon ring, I picked the circuit from fafnir. Had no idea it was so crucial. I guess i got lucky.
>overlevelling
does that really work? seems like i could be level 99 and it wouldn't make a difference
lol i'm not grinding to level 90 though, that's silly. I'll just quit and never play another SMT game if it turns out I have to do that

Well you could always just get broke-ass demons from the password system

I grinded the fuck out of the game to beat Memphis.

but that's cheating

I beat Zelenin with this:
hanuman spamming debilitate
sphinx with mediarahan
hecatoncheir whatever who just had strong physical attacks
protag spamming wind shots (her weakness)

can this work against mem aleph, just with higher level demons, and the MC using items instead since he does no damage anyway? I'll just find higher level/differently aligned equivalents?i

>overleveling
Some of the highest rank skills are really nice, like Jihad (stronger Megidolaon that also applies Debilitate) and Enduring Soul (full heal after KO once)
But that's a shitton of grinding when one lucky fight is all you'll need (assuming your damage output isn't ass)

idk i'm using the compendium and going through all the demon fusion menu and I can't find any demons to fuse beyond the 70s except for one called Susan-O

is that worth it? she's level 85 and i'd rather not have to level to 85 but I guess if I HAVE to..

Get Amaterasu.

Get the gibo eyes subapp by doing the first black box collection quest. Lets you see weaknesses, useful once her weakness starts shifting.

For demons, I grinded to level 86 and used Metatron (84 or so) Vishnu (86) and Huang-Long (high 70s). That last one is a special fusion.

It's almost unanimously agreed on that the boss is bullshit. Have your MC do nothing but defend every turn or you will get one-shotted by Mem's magic bullshit. Have your party be 3 demons of each alignment, get a demon that knows Mediarahan for dem heals (you can get the source from King Forst). Keep trying and pray you get lucky

Use passwords if you desperate, or make Shiva if you're autistic enough

I've had the gibo eyes for a while now, and they sound nice from teh description but I don't get what they do whenever I equip them. like i get I"m supposed to be able tos ee weaknesses of not analyzed enemies but I don't see that anywhere when I use it

I guess I'll recruit a bunch of different demons until I can find those fusions. thanks for the advice.

To fuse a demon in the 80s, you'll either need to grind the demons to be fused and then use the subapp that factors in their level, or just get the demon of the same race underneath the one you want and then fuse them with the right Element to "rank up" the demon. For example, if you get a Lakshmi you can fuse it with an Element to turn it into Amaterasu, who can function as your healer for the final boss.

You'd probably want to use a guide to figure out how to get the right Elements.

Its the final boss. What did you expect?

Uhhh this is my first time hearing about any of these rules, unless the game told me and I just forgot. I just go through my party in the demon fusion menu and hope I can find something good. I know what you mean by race but I have no idea what an element even is

Demons that are element race.

Undine, erthys, aeros, etc.
Try fusing two demons of the same race

elementals are what happens when you fuse two demons of the same race, they are fusion fodder that can turn most demons into a weaker or stronger demon of the same race, regardless of level.

Try out mitamas too, they come out when you fuse two elementals. They raise the stats of your demons without changing them, even add skills if you can.

ARE YOU USING BUFFS, RETARD?
IF NOT, THEN USE BUFFS, RETARD!

Elements are fuckers like Erthys, Aeros, etc. You can make them by fusing two demons of the same race.

If you fuse Erthys or any other element with a demon, it'll either turn into a higher level one, or a lower level one, depending on it's race. You could do

1. Make/summon from compendium an Erthys
2. Fuse Erthys with a demon to get a higher level 1
3. Repeat step 1

Keep doing this until you have a sufficiently strong demon. Theres a section in

gamefaqs.com/ds/961651-shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey/faqs/59384

that tells you which elements make which races stronger

As was kinda mentioned, if you can get Phys/Gun Boost, Phys/Gun Amp, Charge, and Madness Crush/Fleeting Rain on one demon, you can get massive damage with some luck

Could take some work gathering that combo if you neglected to all game though, but you could have had it already - maybe getting Amp from a Source

oh.
I remember that but it always gave me 'prime' instead of 'element'

and now that I'm trying it again as I type this it's also giving me prime
specifically this tiem it's prime salamander from genma hanuman and genma heimdall

Prime and element are the same thing, just different names.

SJ is dogshit and not representative of other SMT games.

well i found one that raises a demon's vitality and agility by 1 and 2 respectively when you fuse it with them. not really worth it, but actually kinda fun testing these all out.
idk my friend who loves SMT recommended this one to me specifically

Wait, are you also getting a different demon entirely from those fusions? Cause u should be

He's a filthy shitposter, ignore him and have fun.

And yeah, experimenting with fusions is one of the funner points of SMT games.

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

The mitamas are pretty great for giving your waifu the best stats possible

no, it's the same demon with +1 vitality and +2 agility

he's talking about Mitamas

Pretty sure that's what the Mitamas do, which you get by fusing two primes/elements together

ye thats what Mitamas are for, powering up your demons with better stats/ moves