Battlefield 2142

Battlefield 2142 is back. It was originally killed due to Gamespy shutting down, but a project has brought everything back. Not only is the server list back, but there's no need for a CD key anymore.

So basically, Battlefield 2 and 2142 and all there expansions are free to play. So far, there's quite a healthy playerbase considering that this project was released on the 23rd of September. Come raid some Titans again.

bl2142.co/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=14p_vXjrw_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED

youtube.com/watch?v=14p_vXjrw_Q

Here's a video going over it.

Is this real life?

This is real life, my nigga. The torrent even has 193 seeders for max downloading speeds.

It's hard as fuck to hit things with rocket launchers in this given than the rockets tend to not fly in straight lines.
Does the unlockable one have a lock on mode?

The first rocket launcher changes trajectory based on where you're aiming, like the one in Half Life 2.

2142 sucked. Is there a game with stronger rose-colored glasses than 2142?

Fucking unlock treadmills, pocket rockets, total non-balance, and shit netcode.

>battlelog bootstrapper has stopped working

i fucking hate this game you just get shot before you know what's going on

>he didn't play on knife/defib only servers for easy unlocks

A shame that servers aren't running double or triple xp. I don't think this will remain active for more than a couple of weeks and unlocking shit becomes really fucking slow.

>Playing unlock treadmills in the first place
I played this dogshit for maybe 10 hours when it first came out and just went back to 2. 2 had unlocks, but at least they were(mostly) just reskins of factional weapons so you could use them on whatever team you were on. 2142 is one of the first to really push that cancerous grind2win bullshit down everyone's throats.

>Classes couldn't even properly do their function without unlocks
>After already destroying the class system of the previous three games by smashing them into 4 in hamfisted casualization of an already simple game.
What a fucking joke.

Turn off your anti virus when installing dumb cuck

BF2 was definitely a better game. Tbh, you sound like a whiny faggot, though.

can I tongue your anus user?

>cheerio this is buggerybiscuit coming to you live

nope. not watching that shit

Go shill your shit elsewhere though, desu.

Why the fuck are you complainin so much just go to a different thread. There's plenty of others who likely didn't know this info who will continue to now play the game

>implying I'm the OP
Eat my ass, you crybaby niggerfaggot.

You have like 50 other boards if videogames trigger you so much.

Get the torrent, their ddl server is trash.

meant to quote this faggot
wew

For all those who don't enjoy BF2142, BF2 is revived as well.

>turn off anti virus
>get a virus
???

>Play this
>Work ass off for lock-on launcher
>Finally unlock
>Excited
>Think I'll finally be able to help clear things when team is getting aerially raped
>The homing breaks after a second
>The rockets do no damage
>The launcher is shit for anything else because the rockets fire off and curve towards the ground if not locked on to an aircraft

2142 is a waste of time.

BF2
>GRENADE OUT
>GRENADE OUT
>GRENADE OUT
>Jet rape 24/7 thanks to render distance being hardcoded so low.

BF2142
>Detpack spam
>Grind

I really want to enjoy this but god fucking damn are the Revive servers fucking garbage. 10 ping at most in the US servers and it's constant rubber banding, fllying through walls and ice skating

LOOK UP ENEMY TITAN

>drop pod
>land on someones spine

>10 ping at most in the US servers and it's constant rubber banding, fllying through walls and ice skating
That's just how 2142 always was. The Swedes shouldn't be allowed to develop videogames.

Does heavy armor actually do anything? I can't tell the difference, save for stamina.

>website doesn't display IP addresses of servers so I can't check my ping without having to download the whole fucking game

smdh

Do people still play BF2? I would have assumed anyone interested would be playing PR instead.

Been having some fun, more than any BF game released in years. But 2142 keeps lagging. I have like a 40 ping only and it's still laggy. I'll play a few days more, but if this keeps up I'll have to drop it. Not worth playing a super laggy game.

There are lots of people playing BF2 revive.