What was the last game that completely and utterly consumed you

What was the last game that completely and utterly consumed you.

Played this in 2012 and not a single game has managed to engulf me like this did.

Goddamn I miss it. One of the only games I loved enough to do multiple playthroughs of.

SD Gundam G Generation Overworld

It took me half a year to finally beat it, I was so consumed by trying to devise a good team. I don't even have my original save file, but I think this was my first ever full group.

Currently i can't stop playing Geometry Dash, its fun and the usermade levels are just awesome, and i really like what you can do with the level editor...

>inb4 normalfag

Fallout New Vegas. And I've never even played it on PC before. (360)

That, Destiny, and MH.

I go full autism mode with games like this.

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX.

Rune Factory 4.

This guy knows

This game and the long war mod. In 2014 I was technically enrolled in college, but I remember it more as the year that I just played XCOM. Racked up 800 hours in it in one year of school. I'm not proud of it

Probably something from when I was a kid.
I dunno if it's depression or if I'm just tired of vidya but I rarely "get into" a game anymore. I'll pick up a game here and there, really enjoy it for a couple hours or so, and then never touch it again. Last game I put a lot of time into was SSB4 3ds. Besides that I'll start a game, even one I was hyped for months over (AA6), get a little bit into it, then just not play it. Vidya feels like work now.

Shantae and the pirate's curse

Can't wait for half-genie hero

> Utterly consumed
>Pirate's Curse is like 5 hours

How does that count as utterly consumed, user?

he jacks off to it because he's a reverse racist

I remember my first time playing Dark Souls so clearly, man. I was holed up pet sitting at my sister's house in a snowstorm for about 4 days. Had a bunch of beer and snacks. Got consumed by the game for a fucking week, loved it. Basically made me fall in love with vidya again.

I'm not that proud of it, but I have really gone full autism with all of the settlements and DLC. I have spent about 10 hours on building my vault and I'm not even halfway done with waht I want. I'm level 73 and haven't even begun the story outside of killing kellog, and the only DLC I've done outside of the Vault 88 one is The mechanist, so I can build robot sentries for all of my settlements.

overwatch or ragnarok online.

RO has been strong on and off for about a decade now

Damn, this hits really close to home for me. I wish I could just fucking enjoy vidya like I used to! It felt so good to be addicted to a game and really looking forward to playing games in general.

I think it's depression and lack of passion in anything else in my life.
Hope we can get better :(

do you plan on playing it on pc? cause you should play modded at least once

coincidentally dynasty warriors gundam 2 for me

i bought and played some of reborn but it just doesnt hold me like 2 did

Who's the best Animal Crossing neighbor and why is it Merengue, shortcake?

Some day, I recently am able to play my friend's PC he just built since we live together. We have NV on it too.

do it, mod it, mod it till it crashes, it's the only way to play

Fire emblem fates

It's Cesar, highness.

I have this coming in the mail in two days, very hype.

SMTIV, it was my first game in the series and I bought it on a whim, I had no idea what was going on and when I got to Tokyo I was completely blown away, the atmosphere was incredible. It was all I played for over a month.

That's not Lily, zzrrbbitt

Stardew Valley

Logged over 100 hours in just about 2 weeks I think

Agreed.

This game is actually so much fucking fun. I played the shit out of it for two weeks straight and had a blast the entire time.

I just fucking loved this game and I wish there was more to it and more story elements and new items would get added, I want to play it again but there's not much to do once you fix the community center

I'm waiting for multiplayer. They're releasing patch 1.1 which adds a few things on Monday, and multiplayer sometime early next year. When that comes out it'll be fun to start up a farm with a friend or loved one.

Realm reborn. As someone who never got to play MMO's growing up, it's fulling a very big hole in my life that I've needed to fill since I was a kid.

It was fun while it lasted. Now only 5 more years till the next one

Yeah I heard about some of the add on but I'd really like some more story added to the game, maybe more post game content and more goals to work toward. Like I said, once the community center is fixed there's almost no reason to keep playing except to make money for no real reason.

I know it's just one guy doing all this but still.

last month i did 4 consecutive playthroughs of dragon age origins + all dlc

Dwarf Fortress

I'll never play Animal Crossing again ever since I met a girl on Tortimer's Island and she visited my town and we played truth or dare.

We did some, shall we say, unforgivable things that night.

To answer your question, I would say Splatoon.

Please elaborate.

OP's game, as well as this

I was really fascinated by the idea of traveling down through a giant tree named after the Norse tree of life itself, and the revelation of the lost society in Stratum Five really surprised me.

Fucking this.

Probably mh4u but I started a new morrowind character the other day sooooo

Pokemon Y, spent thousands of hours autistically grinding for shiny pokemon.
and I don't regret it

EO is a great series, too bad mystery dungeon is an absolute garbage game.

I tried it after completing 3, but it doesn't have the same feel to it.

I literally can't put this down, this is the most swept up with an RPG I've been since my first time playing FF7.

>too bad mystery dungeon is an absolute garbage game.
Such a disappointment. I love PMD, but having a full party in EMD was just a headache.

>Now only 5 more years till the next one
Please don't say things like that, user, they even have all the assets from P5 to work with. We'll have a new game soon, r-right?

>[teammate] gets desynch'd for 2 turns
>sprints all the way to the other side of the map
>I can't catch up
>runs into a room full of moles
>gets btfo'd

every time

The worst part is that your teammates don't attack if they're in a corridor against a monster that's in a room.

Crusader Kings 2 and SS13. CK 2 is now playable again. Unfortunately, /tg/ mods became assholes and now I there is no place I can enjoy SS13

maybe they'll squeeze one in between the inevitable p5 spinoffs

id rather they do another raidou game or something like dds again, the mainline games are getting pretty repetitive

Bear
Time

Bloodborne.

Before that, New Leaf and Etrian Odyssey IV.

And then before that, Dark Souls.

I started playing hyper light drifter a few days ago and played for like 20 hours over two days. I had to schedule dates with girls just so I'd stop playing the game and skipping class.

over 200 hours and never bothered to play the ending

They just did #FE and that was great, pretty sure they're already working on a sequel.