Why aren't you playing the most refined and fun fps right now?

Why aren't you playing the most refined and fun fps right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/teekquel
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it lags like shit now
and demoman is still in the game

playing overwatch just made me want a tf3

i can't bring myself to play it again after all these years

Since the ranking update I havent touched it. It feels so modern and detached from what TF2 was before. If I wanted that I would play Counter Strike.

But I am

Previously:
>hit quickplay
>now in a game I can chill in for hours if I want
now:
>hit quickplay
>wait 30 minutes
>people quit and aren't replaced
>way more tryhards
>requeue every game for literally no reason, at least another 15 minutes between matches

>The [Insert update name here] update will fix everything!
>Update comes out
>Fucks up TF2 even more

What do you have to gain out of lying on the internet user?

>wait 30 minutes
maybe when it first got released, but it takes a maximum of 80 seconds to get in to a game now
>people quit and aren't replaced
Why are you lying? people get replaced automatically.
>way more tryhards
can't argue with this one, but they mostly stick to comp
>requeue every game for literally no reason, at least another 15 minutes between matches
Why do you just keep lying user? There's an option to rematch, and if you do want to re queue for whatever reason it doesn't take 15 minutes.

teekquel

steamcommunity.com/groups/teekquel

The Weeabootique server IP (use any of these three)
198.27.67.33:27015
teek.pw
keet.pw

Micspam friendly
Muting prohibited
Funmaps

But if i dont lie how can you meme what i said..???

overwatch literally improves upon tf2 in every way. Quake mechanics are floaty and quite toxic, the less people borrow from the shit game the better.

Post cancer

Literally why do people need to move so fast? It creates a skill barrier that makes new players unable to enter and frankly makes the game too unfocused when you have all this shit happening all the time.

Overwatch cooldowns fix this issue, by having very specific times at which action happens, and rewarding planning/tactics/timing over just simple twitch skills. There is not a single this tf2 does that overwatch does not improve upon. Face it valve fags, just because you mechanics are borrow from the unfocused mess that is quake, doesnt make them good.

This is a new era of gaming that requires catering to new demographics that values thinking, over mechanical skill.

(You)

>please make my games require less skill
Never play video games again.

why do you care for tf3 when OverWatch exists?

Why do people like ^^ fish for (You)'s? I'll never understand how they think that is an acceptable form of "trolling".

Get back to me when you can convince a kid to destroy his hard drive. THAT was fucking trolling. This weak attempt to play a retard for knee jerk reactions is just fucking sad.

wait the heavy vs pyro update shit ?

absolutely autistic

The MYM update killed the fucking game for me.
If I want to play a game with some American/Yuro friends we have to wait 10 minutes to find a match. fucking retarded
They should just make it so that the game finds a server based on the party leader's location or whatever instead of the dumb shit they have now.
I'm just stuck playing with Australians.

It's called satire, and post likeshow the ridiculous thinking that goes into some devs heads when making their games.

I have a computer so shit that it won't play. Vanilla on Xbox 360 had a small but active community still a few years ago, probably ded now.

>tf2
>lagging

It's either you keep on playing on 3rd world country servers or have potato computer. If your PC can't run TF2, it can't run anything

8/10 made me reply

I did play it a couple of hours ago. Did a match of 2fort and then rematched like 4 times because we had such a good and fun team.

>>way more tryhards
>a bad thing

First you fags said TF2 was dead, and now that their system incentivizes people to actually play the game properly more, you bitch about them "trying too hard."

This is why devs ignore their fans.

>refined
It used to be. Then they started pulling some loose threads and at least half the playerbase fell off.

>Cred Forums is one person

But I did
I played stock soldier every day all day
It gets old man, there's just no challenge anymore there is never a reason to play as anything else.

>bbbut
Cred Forums is shit at tf2 let's be real here
all this nostalgia over old tf2 but really you guys just want to be retarded and roleplay as brain damaged heavies on tdm_mariokart again.

Why would you complain about demoman when pyro still exists. Complain about him instead.
This. Competitive is killing TF2. I'm still hanging around for the Halloween update I love those though inb4 Halloween themed comp badges and a box I have to pay $10 to earn the privilege of opening

Why do people assume that differing opinions are always trolling? Fps fags are mad because gameplay that was normally relegated to mechanical movement and fast paced input is, being phased out for more tactic heavy thinking.
Where actions carry more weight and you can't just "triple jump spasm" out of tight situation.
You don't see people blasting dota for having such large cooldowns on skills, why is that? If you could cast everything all the time would that make it more fun? Look at League and its ultra rapid fire mode, sure its fun to some. But being able to do alot quickly removes the value and importance of those actions. Where commitment to an action via a ability with cooldown, punishes lack of forethought and rewards those who think ahead.

Originally I was trolling, but now that I think about it I might be on to something.

Aren't pub servers gone or something

Yes. You have to queue for them now for some shitty reason.

No you just have to queue into them now. Biggest downside is you can't switch teams or spectate but other than that things haven't changed much.

Post your loadouts

>There are STILL shitters complaining about demoman in 2016
Your movement sucks, learn to dodge and rocket jump retard.

Oops that one covers up the model

Okay listen here faggot, I know you're still shitposting for (You)s but self-conscious shitposting is still shitposting.

Players do think of plans and tactics. Arena FPS are way more complex than RTS shits like you're comparing TF2 and Quake to, because you need to manage and control so many variables (health, ammo, velocity, team compostion, ect) at such rapid pacing while you need to understand the game and its physics and system fully in order to be viable because of the techniques like rocket jumping and bunnyhopping, when RTS games all you do is hit shortkeys and click n drag.

To simply put, with RTS games, the meta is often too "set-in-stone" for players to make any different choices. You want to play as this hero? Too bad it's low tier. You want to play this hero in a weird funky way? Too bad that's not part of the meta and you'll lose that way. But with arena FPS, the players can do whatever they want and have chance to be rewarded by it as long as the player is skilled enough, not just doing what the devs wanted you to do with zero creativity.

Huh, I didn't know that "Conga-line Hat Simulator" was considered a refined fps now. Silly me, I'm so behind with the times.

>Not using overdose
Do you like being slow?

I used to use overdose, but eventually I found the crossbow to be more useful if you use it properly. The speed was nice, but I questioned whether it really made a difference in my survival most of the time. This was when the buff was a max 10%. Crossbow is very useful though, I like it a lot.

That's what made TF2 imortal and that's why overwatch feels so stale after a while. Community created content.
>click server browser
> type in first letter of map I want
>look at player count, pick one 20~
>double-click
>building sentry thirty seconds later
>laugh at idiots too fucking dumb to use the server browser
>ohW8heplaysComp.jpg
>laughs at idiot
Are they community maps?
Overwatch is a low-skill TF2 rip-off that doesn't allow the community to do literally anything including host custom servers. Also it's by Blizzard so 11 year olds will shriek Korean into the mic and if you ask them to stop you get reported for being toxic so Blizzard permabans you and shoots your dog.
>I want a competitive skill where brand new players are just as good as seasoned pros
I have an ungodly amount of time in TF2 and after the first 1000 hours everyone might as well be moving in slow motion.
>but that involves putting effort into the game, and puts skill over luck and metas!
Fucking good
I literally forgot MvM existed until you just mentioned it. You don't even see the weapons around anymore.

Obviously it wasn't worth using before but now 20% speed buff is pretty damn significant. That's almost scout speed.

It's basically the last bastion of hyper FPS there is. The new Quake that's coming out doesn't even run on unreal engine supposedly

Sounds nice, it's been awhile since I played. Still, the crossbow can be pretty damn handy, it's helped me keep my pocket alive in some situations.

I did user, 3 hours earlier today

Overdose is better if you solo queue, much easier to stay alive and get out of bad situations. Surprisingly good against sentries too if the engineer isn't watching it.

>MvM
MYM familia. Meet Your Match

Because I'm trying to get a movie to play on my PS3.

I want to watch The Abyss tonight but it's not working.

Probably would be, but I only play TF2 with my pocket partner and we haven't played in months. I'm the vaccinator soldier pair that's nigh unstoppable.

Ya got me, I love quake as well and it kills me that we are moving in this direction of taking control out of the players hand and forcing players to adhere to a given formula, so here's a rare pepe for blowing your troubles.

I WANT MORE PEPE AMERICANSKI

Sometimes, a man's gotta carve your own path.

Go spy with the kunai. You now have an invisible pocket

This is a blue board don't post hate crime images here

But Counterstrike isn't free.

Nah, vaccinator 4 lyfe, that's the whole reason I still enjoy TF2 so much

You mean BF4?

Our America isn't a politically correct America!

How do I git gud™ with the Vacci?

>Most refined
>Literally has so much bloated bullshit in it that you can't take two steps without six trillion particle effects vomiting all over your screen
>Not to mention the six million useless items

>he doesn't have custom HUD
>he doesn't craft and trade the 6 gorillion useless items into cyber currency to fool and rob autists with

You must not have played in a while. Valve buffed every medigun by giving them all the speed boost you get from using the Quick-fix. Now that piece of shit is only good for being a butt-buddy pocket for a blast-jumper.

What the hell is so hard about "latch to ally, press the reload button when the situation arises, and Uber whenever you get cornered/surrounded?

Why would I need any of that? It's not like I'm even paying for this game.

Well, my opinion on the vaccinator is that you really get the most out of it using it as a pocket weapon, if you have a friend you can communicate with and pocket you can be incredibly powerful with the vaccinator, as a weapon with just random people and not pocketing one specific person it's not as good.

Beyond you have to play the vaccinator to it's strengths, it's incredibly powerful against one or two enemies at a time, but not so much many people. Try to isolate people and kill them, get good at switching and popping charges accurately, predict what damage and when to pop, be ready to pop multiple charges of different resistances if necessary.

Because the vaccinator requires you to have a bit more game sense than the other mediguns, the uber the vacc has requires more thought when using, if you don't use it properly it won't help you a damn bit.

>multiple charges of different resistances
No idea you could even do this. Several thousand hours.
Interesting.
Do you mean they're stacking on top of each other?

I guess I inherited my grandmother's reflexes.

F2P kiddies and stupid changes to game has ruined it for me, No multiplayer FPS has yet to fill the void this game has left me.

Please dont advertise your shitty dead server on Cred Forums, no one wants to play it.

>rematch with the same team and same map
great so now i can get stomped 4 times in a row thanks valve
In what way does this merit removing valve servers

It wasn't always like that, they changed that in Tough Break update among other things with the vaccinator. Now when you pop a vaccinator uber it uses exactly 25% charge and different resistance ubers can be popped on top of an existing one and they stack. Yeah they stack, it can allow you to better deal with multiple damage sources.

Pretty much this Try to remember in what order the resistances cycle through and get good at switching them quickly on the fly. Spam those resistances literally every chance you get if you see your pocket being engaged / engaging someone since a 25% charge is so easy to get back quickly anyway. And if there are multiple you're trying to protect that are being attack, remember that you don't have to be healing someone for the uber resist shield to be active on that player, meaning that you can easily uber someone for the shield and then switch to another player to heal them since the ubered one is already protected for a short time.

what hud do you use senpai?
I use ahud :)

>Are they community maps?
Depends on when. There's quite a few community and custom maps.

I still argue that you're probably better off using another medigun than the vaccinator if you're playing all by yourself. It's just not as useful if you don't have someone else that can play to it's strengths.

>Because the vaccinator requires you to have a bit more game sense than the other mediguns
"A bit more sense"? The Uber fills up just fine, you get one charge per 10 seconds of leeching off units, and it allows you to basically win any fight you have against soldiers. It's easier than just a generic healbeam for 8 seconds of invincibility, but it's much less risky to use.

>start competitive game
>3 people don't know what they're doing
>one quits mid match
>replaced with a bot
>spazzing out in spawn
>loose match
>disconnect option above scoreboard
>disconnect
>banned from competitive for three days

Fucking uninstalled. They actually made TF2 somehow worse

One on one battles with classes that have one damage type are fairly easy to deal with, but it gets a little more difficult when you start having to deal with multiple damage sources as well as classes such as pyro that have a number of different damage types. It really isn't that hard of a weapon to figure out, but to really excel at the vaccinator it does require a bit of effort on both medic and pocket's parts. I've played a lot of TF2, but I've never seen anyone use the vaccinator close to how well me and my pocket have used it.

That's TF2 in a nutshell: A pick of the lottery where you just cross your fingers, and if things go well/bad, they REALLY go well/bad. Vaccinator medics tend to rack up sprees easier than normal medics on the pubs.

ToonHud is the shit.

I used it quite a lot when hacking was at its worst in MM its a fun weapon

Pretty easy to rack up killsprees with the vaccinator, which is why I love my professional. This was definitely my best.

It's a great anti-hacker weapon.

>201
jesus

>tfw even with the cancer I'd still play TF2 over any other shooter

Does anyone remember what the Cred Forums TF2 server was?

Even I was surprised to get it that high, my best before that was only around the 100s.

It's dead, Jim.

Is there another server we could use?

anyone wanna play some casual or something?
I don't even care what server we play on

That's cool and all but being able to scam retards doesn't make the game any less bloated trash

The old Cred Forums server we used to play on is probably still up lel.
not sure though

Nah
Tide RIP'd the server
I saw the poor guy complaining about the new updates a few months ago in a public match

nah I'm talking about the OLD old one. I forgot the name. circa 2012

I literally am. I just closed it to take a break and I'm listening to the soundtrack now. Will probably get back to it shortly.

I fucking love TF2.