I never understood the insane hype this game was getting before release. I mean...

I never understood the insane hype this game was getting before release. I mean, I know I'm preaching to the choir here but from literally the first minute the thing was giving me Spore vibes.

There was no fucking hype, they hired shills to post non-stop 24/7 and after reddit got winded up they did it for free.

A man offered them the litteral universe and they bought it.

>I never understood the insane hype this game was getting before release.
people are retarded, what else is new

Thanks to the developers not being specific, people thought they could literally do anything. And thanks to Sean Murray telling straight up lies, people thought the game offered more than it actually did. Retards literally thought actual AI could develop randomly, or that planets would offer you enough content to spend months on, and that there were detailed ecosystems per planet.

All because Sean Murray is a rat fuck.

>It's actually being investigated for advertising fraud.

Most kek worthy game ever.

Kind of makes me wonder if I could just take a mad lib style generic story with a random word generator and go "GUYS! INFINITE BOOKS!" and sell it online.

And yet people still bought it.

Come up with something that has slight uniqueness to it along with moba heroes of somesort and you probably can.

that e3 reveal "ALL THOSE DOTS ARE PLANETS THAT YOU CAN VISIT"
I called bs and never looked back.

Can we stop making fucking threads about this garbage?

It's been long enough, let it die.

Cred Forums Pass user since June 2015.

>this game was overhyped for 12-15 year olds who got there moms to buy it for them.

>Cred Forums Pass user since June 2015.
nani?

>Cred Forums pass
Fuck off although I do agree

Nu-males supporting their fellow nu-males

i'm really, really surprised that nobody thought it was a bad sign that people, all the way up to the release, were asking "what do you do in this game?"

What the fuck is this Cred Forums pass shit? Is this reddit now?

people are stupid what did you expect?
also sony fanboys thought it was an exclusive for a long time just because they had it front and centre at their e3 show

the game is dead so it literally doesn't matter any more
just get your refund and move on

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.

Spore vibes would mean there was an actual team of hundreds of people working on it. No Man's Sky had barely a handful, and it was a fucking $60 game.

How did he get on Stephen Colbert? E3? Zero track record, and Sony went all-in on him??

Is it possible that with all the marketing the game was a financial failure? The free DLC "naive" statement, nothing on Twitter since August...

Exactly.

indie dev worship
people think they can do no wrong including sony apparently

I know, when the first revealed it at VGX I thought it was a pretty neat, ambitious project, but after like the third gameplay video I started to realize what it was. I don't know how so many people got suckered in after all the red flags.

Because the space exploration genre of this kind does not really have any amazing games and its something people want.

This game was also more accessible (especially to normies) than star citizen will be if that ever actually releases since star citizen will be PC exclusive and probably take a pretty beefy PC.

They also had sony marketing money. Glad I never bought into this shit, not the type of game I really would like anyway even if it was good.

Minecraft in space + creatures made by mish mashing random body parts without reason or rhyme.
60 bucks.

Really makes you think

It would've been cool that you were on some interstellar like mission to rebuild humanity and slowly build up a livable planet while dodging aliens trying to kill you.

You would get to pick a homeworld, name it and go off trying to gather specific plants, animals, and materials to slowly build up your own comfy little space that you can wrap back to anytime.

I never saw the appeal of just wandering random ass planets with no real goal other than to go to other planets that all feel the same.