Try to record some gameplay footage today

>try to record some gameplay footage today
>not recording
>check geforce experience
>shit needs to update
>after update geforce experience becomes always online and i have to create an account to use shadowplay from now on
>uninstall immediately

so did anyone else get jewed today?

lmao not yet but definitely uninstalling that shit as soon as they try that scam on me

Why the fuck are you using gforce experience? It serves no purpose.

>W10 Datamining
>Nvidia Datamining

Do they really help in error checking or do they just gather our behavioral and personal data and sell to third parties?

not him but shadowplay used to be a
great recording software

don't know of any free alternatives that capture the last X minutes of gameplay on a button press

both, I imagine it saves some money on QA

Oh god dont remind me. That shit was working so well for me that I uninstalled every other recording software I had, but then last update fucked everything and now it doesnt respond to my keyboard shortcuts.
Tried everything I could to fix but nothing worked and now I'm fucking pissed.

>that capture the last X minutes of gameplay

I always been curious about what people use that for.
Why would you record the last minutes of gameplay when you can record the whole thing?

Only stupid faggots care about that kind of thing.

>Oh nooooo not registering an account! Pizza Hut can have my email and my address too but Nvidia?!?1?!?!

They implemented more features that need more security. Get over it.

>updates make things fundamentally worse

why is this allowed

so you don't have to be recording all the time to catch stuff on video - say something cool, interesting, or funny happens and you weren't recording - you're fucked. with shadowplay, you could just hit alt-f10 and you had it on video instantly

it's a lot better than managing something like OBS and having loads of unusued, massive video files that you have to manually manage.

because people keep defending it

>OBS

not ragging on FOSS but that program is such a steaming pile. no matter what settings i use or what game im playing the recordings with that program are always horrible. literally the only reason to use geforce experience was because shadowplay was very light on resources and you didnt notice severe framerate issues when recording.

Fucking reddit with an attitude over here.

>oh noooooo nvidia will learn that I use their videocard to play games and shit ooooohhhhhhh
>I'm a stupid gringo that thinks my information is important ooooooohhh

Apologists are one of the worst people around

the windows DVR works okay.
Don't have to sign up for anything.

Don't call yourself stupid user it's not very good for you in the long term.

you can stream it really easy to you-tube or twitch and screenshots as well as twitch.
you have to actually understand what you are doing and also have a pc that can handle it.

Don't go dissin Geforce Experience it's the best recording software ever. Who the fuck cares about Nvidia getting information when I'm already giving Microsoft it.

And here I am with an AMD card and nothing to record with other than Fraps that drops my fps from 120 to 30 yet you guys are bitching about having to spend 2 minutes to make an account to use the best recording software available in this unverse.

Fuck you

the last update fucked the geforce experice. Its complete garbage now. I preferred the old UI and their new overlay is fucking horrible.

No it isn't it's fucking improved. Before I had to start it manually when I wanted to record something which made it useless, now it's always on like it should be and I can get any recording easily. You're just a faget because they suddenly want you to login one time.

MSI Afterburner has a video pre-record feature.

>what is OBS

d
>don't know of any free alternatives that capture the last X minutes of gameplay on a button press
Raptr has a similar feature

see

Afterburner

>get update prompt
>it asks for email
>ads everywhere
>it immediately starts scanning system folders
>tos includes collection of personally identifiable information to adsense my shit
fuck right off

>mfw logo is now black instead of green

>Hey guys! My friend wants to get a job! He is an awesome designer and programmer and has a lot of experience in many areas! Can we hire him real fast??? Thanks)))
I think this is the only way such things may happen.

not OP either but I use it because starting from there is literally the only way some games will run for me
Tried a thousand fixes to get Fallout 4 to run in fullscreen and nothing worked except starting it from geforce experience

Your face looks very punchable

Fuck Nvidia.