RE4>RE2>REmake

RE4>RE2>REmake

RE6 > RE5

I WAS BORN IN A SMALL VILLAGE

I agree completely, but comparing 4 and 1/2 is apples and oranges. I prefer 4 because of the linearity and action emphasis, but some people prefer the slowness of 1 and 2. I think 2 is definitely better than 1 though. Better puzzles and an easier map to navigate.

>RE2 that low
>RE3 not even on the list
>RE5 not ahead of 4 and 6
>not ranking RE 0

You have terribly shit taste and I hope you die in front of your parents.

CV > remake > 2 > 4 > 3

>not ranking Outbreak

>RE5 over RE4
>giving a shit about RE0

Kill yourself in front of your parents.

Everyone just be happy RE got a lot of good games unlike it's abused cousin SH.

RE1-3, REmake and Outbreak > the rest though.

>he's only played three Resident Evil games

get a load of this pleb.

>RE5
>ahead of anything

I wish your parents would have killed you.

>implying RE5 didn't do everything RE4 did but better
>not liking RE 0
>not liking best RE girl

I hope both of your parents die in a car crash.

I'll go even further beyond and really make some autists mad

4 > 2 > 6 > REMAKE > 3 > 5 > CV > 0

6 is great fuck off fags

yeah you made me pretty mad so here's a (you)

Also, I'm looking forward to 7

>>implying RE5 didn't do everything RE4 did but better

It didn't. It made everything worse.

>6 above REmake
>he didn't even play 1

This is where you fucked up.

only thing RE5 did better was not allowing you to pause to swap items

If you could take one mechanic/concept from one RE game and add it to another, what would it be?

>REmake with A/B scenario layout from RE2
>CV with character swapping structure of RE0

I'd actually kill to see someone mod the original games with different item/enemy placement like the arrange mode in Director's Cut.

I've been playing since 1 (started with 2 when it came out), but REMAKE is just way better and invalidates even thinking about it anymore.

>Resident Evil HD Remaster with non-tank controls

every RE mechanic from each of the classic series in one would make some kind of super RE game.

Yes. The Decisions, Decisions scenario in Outbreak kinda came close to this. Character swapping, crafting gear, roaming Boss guy etc.

I played RE2 recently.
I don't get why people liked it so much.
It felt like a hamfisted rehash of RE1 only less fun.
Virtually no puzzles or back-tracking, it's just a straight line to the sewers and then through the lab.
I was really disappointed.

What is the likely hood of fixed camera in REmake 2? I'm not at all holding my breath for prerendered backgrounds, but I hope Capcom atleast offers a "Fixed angles" camera option and control scheme.
Also REmake > 2 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 5 > 0 > CV > 6

Feel the same way as you. This is Capcom we're dealing with so who knows how they'll fuck it up. Really hope they just give it the REmake treatment like the first game.

the latest RE1 remake had fixed camera angles, didn't it?

I kind of imagine that as long as they still have RE7 to push as their main RE game for a while while doing remakes on the side, then they won't fuck with the remakes too much.

I'd only really start to worry once remakes become their focus.

REmake > Rev1 > 2 > 4 > 3 = CV > 0 > 5

If I haven't listed it, I haven't played it.

Remake>RE4>RE3>RE2>RE6>RE5>Rev2>Rev1>CVX>0

>6 any higher than rock bottom
Premature.

CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

>Implying RE6 is better than half the of the games in the series
Nostalgiafag

>people who put 6 anywhere other than last
fucking waifufags

RE4 > RE1 > RE2 > RE5 > RE6
I think the old games are really scary and even though I love the lore and grew up reading resident evil walkthroughs I'm still too scared to play the old games

What kind of zombie are you Cred Forums?

What strain of virus would you favor?

just a standard T virus zombie.
I'm in one of those hallways that you can easily see down too, so the humans don't even bother shooting me.
They know they can just run past every time.

I actually like the T-Abyss virus. I'd be down with basically being a water zombie with malleable bone and body structure.

>people who put 0 anywhere other than last
fucking waifufags

if you put away the nostalgia goggles 0 is no worse than 2 really.

Tyrant

ReMake > RE1 > RE2 > RE3 > RE0 > Code Veronica > RE4 >>>>>>>>>> Numale's sky > Battleborn > RE5 > RE6

2 and 0 are on two different level and I think 3 is better than 2.
0 is by far the worse game in the series

>RE1 that high
>RE0 not dead last
>CVX that high
>RE4,5, and 6 lowest RE games
People like you are the absolute worse.

Not him but I'm gonna have to disagree with that. 0 was more mediocre than good. Sure, the train section is excellent, leechmen were a good enemy type and SOME decent puzzles and progression came of the two-person mechanic. Aside from that though, 0 is definitely lesser by classic RE standards. There isn't a whole lot about it that's particularly inspired and IMO it's more experimental ideas weren't particularly good ones. I still don't think it's worse than balls to the wall action RE but it's pushing it.

Silent Hill is better haha

For its first 3 entries, and even then REmake still gives them a run for their money. That said, REmake, SH1 and Fatal Frame 1 are pretty much my holy survival horror trinity. It's all good shit, man.

>tfw Huge RE fan, but think that Silent Hill 1 is better than all of the RE games on the PS1
>The only RE games better than the Silent Hill games are Remake and 4.
Too bad after Silent Hill 3, the series basically stop

RE 4 onwards aren't Resident Evil games to me anymore my famalamadingdong, while 4 is cheesy over the top fun it's hardly anything like the older games. But that's just like my opinion man. I like 4, but 5 and 6? Hell no.

hey gay boys I just bought RE4 how bad did I fuck up. If this shit goes on some halloween sale i'll be miffed.

Are you sure REmake is scary, it just had some darker hallways than the original, it doesn't have anything disturbing or scary like Silent Hill has (except the usual progress loss tension of course)

it's worth the price so you didn't fuck up

5 was great coop, and at least unlike 6 everyone didn't turn into super ninjas.

>it just had some darker hallways than the original

The mansion is considerably bigger in REmake. Also, you forget Lisa and crimson heads aside from RE1's usual repertoire.

>RE 4 onwards aren't Resident Evil games
Because they change game mechanics? So fucking what. They play different to other games in the series doesn't automatically make then lesser games to the other games. Might as well say 0 isn't really a RE game because it uses 2 characters, or RE3 because it gave you a dodge button.

>everyone didn't turn into super ninjas.
>punching boulder
>Jill gets mindfucked into Taimanin Asagi because chest spider
yeah man, no super-human ninja action in 5, no way

Because they are cheesy action games with infinite ammo at that point. Sounds to me like you're buttblasted by an opinion.
But I guess since I like Resident Evil I have to like ALL the games huh, I guess because I like Xcom I must also like Xcom the bureau even though it's absolute horseshit and plays nothing like the other games. I like Resident Evil as a tank control survival horror series, not some 3rd person shooter.

>Resident Evil
>co-op

RE is better when you go solo and aren't saddled with another character. I liked how early RE games still had multiple protagonists, but they fucked off from one another and had their own arcs where they met characters on their own terms. Besides, the obvious co-op flags like needing two people to open a goddamn door and not having enough time to do it until you Rambo the fuck out of the room in question always has been and always will be fucking stupid design. It's part of why 4 is palatable but 5 is shitty - no forced co-op shenanigans.

>implying RE1 is even remotely bad

kill yourself, pleb.

not him but RE4 really didn't change the mechanics all that much.
it even still has tank controls, only the camera is in a fixed position over your shoulder.
All the old REs gave you way too much ammo as well, the first time I beat RE2 I didn't even get to use my magnum once because it just ended before I thought I was finished.

Holy shit, are you an actual retard?
If you don't like 4,5,and 6, FINE. But saying you don't like them simply because they control differently if stupid as shit

RE2 > RE1 > REmake > RE4 > RE3 > CV > 0 > RE6 > RE5

I like RE1, but almost every game is better than it

I think the focus is too much on action, you are expected to kill everything you come across in RE4 onwards and the amount of ammo you get supports that. I think RE3 gives you too much aswell, but that's mostly because you can craft it. But the focus was still on survival horror. I actually really like the fixed camera angles too. It's just way too easy to pick targets off from a distance in RE4. RE4 is good but it should've been a one-off, and not the basis for the next Resident Evil games.

>RE1 > REmake

Now that's an opinion you don't see every day.

>almost every game

That's bullshit and you know it.

Seems like you're the retard here. Literally the first sentence of the post says I don't like them because they are action games at this point.

I just think people single out RE4 as the mother of RE5 and 6 rather than Capcom mismanaging the series.
RE4 tried something different and succeeded.
Capcom saw this success and asked themselves why people liked 4 so much.
They just assumed the action and cinematic QTEs were what people were enjoying and that if they ramped those up it would satisfy fans.

And although they were dead wrong in trying to satisfy fans, 5 and 6 sold incredibly well because by this time the franchise broke into a wider appeal.

I don't think RE4 was quite a mistake but subsequent games should've tried to take the over-the-shoulder approach and make it more survival horror instead of going all in with the action. They have a good, balanced base with RE4 for the most part (the attache case is a bit overkill and item management becomes more Tetris than actually thinking about what you may or may not need, that's a mechanic that needed changing), but they went in the wrong direction with it. This is actually why I like The Evil Within - despite its issues, it took RE4 and spun it into a more survival horror direction. TEW isn't perfect but it's much more of a proper RE5 than RE5 was.

>they are action games at this point.
They have always been "action" games. Just now with a better camera

I'm not even baiting

RE6>RE3>RE5>RE:CV>RE4>RE2>RE1

I never thought any of the games were scary except for 3 because of Nemesis, so the games becoming more action oriented never bothered me. I also don't care for tank controls so, eh I guess

Yes, and it's not even nostalgia. I prefer the level design, puzzles and music of the original. I wish they'd have kept it all the same but just improved the graphics.

>no c-virus anons

this world...

If this was literally backwards, it would actually be a perfectly acceptable opinion.

I agree on the music and puzzles maybe. But Lisa and crimson heads were a nice addition. Guess we can't have the best of both worlds.

Not him, but RE3 foreshadows the action direction of the series moreso than any other classic RE, and moreso than it's often given credit for. Yes, RE2 and CV aren't nearly as tight with the resources as RE1 is, and RE0 has its heart in the right place but is fucked over by its design choices. It's pretty hard to say the series has been pure survival horror the whole time but there's definitely a difference in focus between most of those games and RE4 onwards. RE3, however, has shit like bullet crafting and environmental kills while introducing things like the quick turn, dodges, and Mercenaries mode. For all the shit RE4 gets for going action, RE3 definitely set up the stage beforehand.

REmake is the pinnacle of old RE whereas RE4 is the pinnacle of new RE; they can't be compared.

Those are my 3 favorites as well

>pinnacle of new RE is where it all started

how sad

You could argue that RE7 has the best action/mercs gameplay in the franchise I guess..

I think without the ammo crafting RE3 would be vastly improved. I do however like the little things you can do differently each playthrough, with Nemesis and stuff.

Mmm, nah. Like I said, they were never frightening games in the least, they were just zombie games with shitty camera and controls. The step in the direction they took with 4 was the right one in my opinion, and I'm glad they kept it more action oriented with the controls. Everyone seems to love 4 even though it brought about all these changes, yet 5 and 6 are hated and I never get it. I can admit I get some nice nostalgic feelings when I replay 1-3, but I don't let it blind me

The 'latest remake' was a port of the Gamecube's REmake.

>Everyone seems to love 4 even though it brought about all these changes, yet 5 and 6 are hated and I never get it.

Co-op is shit and 4 didn't have it.

What did he mean by this?

They do it. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Kek

I get the appeal but I wasn't that into RE4

Just got revelations 2 for couch co op but havent even played a second of it

How is it? better than 6?

Man, they better not fuck this up. It's been such a long time since Remake was done (original was on GC, the one on steam is a remaster of that). I have my hopes up but I don't wanna get too optimistic, god knows there's been plenty of blunders recently in the games industry.

>(original was on GC, the one on steam is a remaster of that)
wow thanks for the history lesson grandpa, all us Resident Evil fans in the thread aren't aware of anything 2009.

As long as they don't change the camera or fuck with any of the mechanics too badly, there's not much I can see going wrong.

I thought 6 was better because I actually like 6but I liked Barry campaign a lot

No problem my man! And you'd be surprised.. we are on Cred Forums afterall.

WHEN I WAS A YOUNG WARTHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOG!

>co-op is shit

Dude, RE5 co-op was the funnest shit ever, just because you didn't have any friends to play it with spent mean it's shit.

And I doubt co-op is the ONE thing that makes RE4 not dogshit in the eyes of nostalgiafags

You know what? I want over-the-shoulder RE2, or at least the option to play it that way. Keep RE2 exactly as it is, but be able to play it in either fixed camera or over-the-shoulder because here's the thing, we still don't know how a proper classic RE plays with that camera angle. I'd imagine basic navigation would be akin to wandering around the Queen Zenobia in Revelations but even that game only passively touches upon classic RE conventions. I wanna see how the real deal holds up in that style.

RE1 > REmake

I feel like it would make the game stupid easy

If you mastered the tank controls, then it made all of the games action-ey. RE1&RE2 both give you more than enough ammo to murderate everything in the game. RE3 only tightened those mechanics.

If anything though RE3 was the last true RE game, CV was a step in the wrong direction. RE3 was visceral with the RNG and Nemesis encounters, and it walked that perfect tightrope of being horror based and hokey at the same time.

Also unpopular opinion, although REmake was sexy as fuck, I still think it erred a little too hard on the side of "No Fun Allowed".

I'm no nostalgiafag, I started with RE4. That said, co-op absolutely makes a difference to me because I played 5 and it felt designed for co-op. I value a good single player campaign and the general flow of 5 (and I assume 6 as I have yet to even want to look at that game for more than 10 minutes) doesn't scratch that itch. 4 might be an action game but it's one with something resembling a proper campaign with an ebb and flow to pacing. Playing 5 just felt like I was in an enemy gauntlet meant for bro-op 90% of the time, and that got boring. The caves were vaguely passable and the beginning of the lab was cool but fuck the rest of 5. Even if I played it with a friend, that doesn't excuse shitty game progression and design, and I VASTLY preferred what classic RE games did when I did get around to playing them. The slower pacing, fight-or-flight scenarios, the silly puzzles, give me that over killing everything in the room ad nauseam. Hell, I don't even touch Mercs for that reason.

I like you.

>CV was a step in the wrong direction.

No, CV was traditional to a fault, and that's in part because it's actually the proper RE3 instead of Nemesis which is a side game that was given priority billing because Sony got butthurt. CV was backwards relative to RE3 but really it was a lot closer to what RE2 was.

>actually the proper RE3 instead of Nemesis which is a side game that was given priority billing because Sony got butthurt
It's because Capcom had a contract with Sony about numbered entries having to be on the PS1. To get around this, RE: Nemesis become RE3: Nemesis and CV, the game being developed to be the third RE, received a subtitle in place of a number. Not quite the same thing.

Fair point.

Capcom did the same thing later to deal with their RE contract with Nintendo. That's why the GC got inexplicable ports of the old REs, to meet the specific number they'd agreed to ship for the console. Capcom have a habit of signing exclusivity contracts for Resident Evil then horribly regretting it.

I disagree. I always thought that the ambient atmosphere of the games were it's true strong point. The fear of the unknown is mostly what I'm getting at, the setting of the games coupled with the soundtrack and story always made me feel like I was only dealing with a fraction of the shit that was really going down in the city, or outside the mansion.

For example think of the RPD in RE2, you get out of chaotic streets to arrive in the solemn lobby of the police station, and early on (from the character's point of view at least) it's supposed to be a point of safety, a home base if you will.

Well you get there, and that's not quite the result. But with all of the horror's going down inside the police station, it was still boarded up, and provided shelter against the horrific anarchy going on in the city.

What I'm trying to argue here is that the atmosphere of the games always alluded to the feeling of unsafe. It conditions the player with jump-scares and scripted events sometimes, but again this cements that feeling of insecurity. Something I thought Dead Space copied over really well but didn't get credit for.

The Dead Space games are better sequels to RE4 than RE4's official sequels.

I can understand where your coming from now thag you explain yourself and yeah I'd have to agree with you when it comes to something like 4v5 in a single player experience. RE4 definitely beats 5 in that aspec, however RE5 was made to play with a friend, and honestly I feel like it's a disservice to yourself for not doing a co-op run.

As for the other games, were just vastly different people when it comes to these games. I always hated the puzzles and slow pacing always made the game feel more like a slog to me than anything.

Guess we just like different things and that's just the way it is

>CV was traditional to a fault

I agree with that. The problems I have with the game is that it took more features away than it added. You couple that with the goofy story elements like Steve, or zombie (now British accented) Wesker, or even the cringe worthy Ashford family bit, and it starts to fall flat.

Gore was fairly censored in the game, with zombie heads no longer popping off, and guns lacked "umph". And oddly enough, the game feels like it drags on. Like they were more interested in filling a quota for time than they were for a fulfilling experience.

Previous entries can be completed in under 2 hours, once you suss out everything. Code Veronica is a heavy game, and it's a slow game.

That's so true that someone at Capcom just hanged themselves.

Dishonarbu

Eh, i feel like its a bit of a reach, but I can understand your point of view. I never felt that way when playing them, nor will I ever, so to me they will always just be zombie action games that started off slow and gained a faster pace as the series grew. The writing mixed with the fact that zombies have never been scary just always put them in the action genre for me. I feel like your argument holds better in 3 with nemesis always popping in and never dying so I did in fact always feel on edge in that game at least.

It's also the reason why Jake's campaign in 6 is my favorite. That nemesis 2.0 fucker, the ubermichgermanword was my bread and butter

I don't know, but I never really got the atmosphere past RE1. RE1 had you trapped in this spooby mansion in the middle of the woods with zombies and death traps everywhere and was legitimately frightening.

RE2 put you in a police station overrun with zombies and most of the time it just felt actiony. RE3 had you navigating the city and it just felt chaotic. CV kind of went back to RE1's roots, but that game had way too many problems for me to care for.

I get that, I was born in 89 and played the games when they were new, so rose tinted glasses are bit of a problem. I liked that Jake/Sherry campaign as well, felt like it was more of a throwback than the Leon campaign was.

Again, pacing seems to be the word of the day. RE2 put more emphasis on player empowerment. 2/3rd's of the way through the game and you might as well be a glass cannon. I still think the early parts of the game played the survival horror bit well though.

I like the atmosphere in Re1 thru 4, though I do feel like each of the games diminished the feeling. I think CV is pretty good too, I think it's really underrated actually. But you just can't beat Spencer mansion, even the story about how it's built is pretty spoopy.