Just discovered this game due to a Gravity Rush 2 thread a few days ago

>Just discovered this game due to a Gravity Rush 2 thread a few days ago

Jesus christ, Thank god this game got a PS4 remaster because i'm probably never going to be buying a vita anyways.

This game deserves way more attention, Anyone else here get the same amount of surprise it did when playing this for the first time?
Any Vita owners on here who felt their handheld purchase was finally worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JLhZAYs0ec
youtu.be/OMxdCiQkfqI?t=1531
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone?

I think it gets the right amount of attention for what the game is. It's a creative idea with a decent platformer/action game around it.

With that said I think Sony of America needs to promote and advertise GR2 so much more because that game actually looks really great.

>thank god
*doffs fedora*

it was a PS+ game on the vita and i tried to give it a shot but ultimately never finished the game

Is saying "Thank god" really fedora core?
Should i say "Thank Jahova" then?

Im just gonna wait for Gravity Rush 2 im wary of handheld ports

does 2 still come out this year?

You'll understand when you beat the game.

12/2/2016

Honestly the story is pretty bland with some interesting ideas. Would it be better to find out my self or just to have it spoiled and gotten out of the way?

30th of November in based Australia

Yea, I had fun playing it on the vita. Can't say I'm willing to pick up my handheld back from my drawer though. Should I just sell it? I don't think I would get much.

>based australia
>Toad problem and everything is scary as fuck and poisonous

Yeah nah i can wait a couple of days.

Turn it into a emulation machine, Pretty easy to do anymore.

I'll give it a go

I bought it a month or so ago for my Vita, and enjoyed it plenty through Platinuming it.

A little easy, but oh well. Will be going through the DLC next, some of those challenges look crazy enough.

When has Sony of America ever promoted or advertised anything that wasn't dudebro shit?

Its not a port. Its a very good remaster which looks and plays great on the PS4.

Yeah I also got into it because of the short teaser for GR2 at TGS last year.

It's pretty cool. Got the remastered version and had a lot of fun.

>FPS drops below 60
>it's a fucking Vita game with updated textures
No, it's not a very good remaster.

>FPS drops below 60
Where? I played through it and don't remember any significant frame drops.
Also, it's pretty pathetic to avoid a game just because of a trivial problem like a rare framerate dip.

It drops all the time.

I played it on Vita, I'm just saying it's not a "very good" remaster. It's serviceable with good texture work.

>on Vita
You (unless it was someone else) were talking about the remaster, though.
Also, GR on the Vita is 30 FPS.

>He doesn't own a Vita
WEE OOO WEE OOO WEE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEW

>free on PS plus for some reason

this shit is unexpectedly way more fun that I thought

maid costume is cool, can't wait for the rightmost one

It's not even 30fps on the Vita, that game has FPS dips all the time too.

It's an outstanding game and I cannot wait for the sequel. Gravity Rush 2 is basically the only thing I'm looking forward to over the next year.

Kat is _______

It's a PS3 game that became a Vita launch (window) title that became a PS4 game. Cut them some slack, the code is probably a complete fucking mess.

Tbh Gravity Rush 2 is my most hyped for game this year.

It's the only title I have no expectations of it being bad or disappointing. Loved the shit out of the first one and GR2 seems to be improving in all the right ways.

too bad the Remaster is 60FPS while the sequel is 30FPS

The sequel has shitty animations, I'm so fucking pissed off about that.

sexual.

>free
>PS Plus

choose one user

>>free on PS plus for some reason
Is it a bug? I've been waiting for this but its not on any lists.

I wonder why they chose not to make the sequel 60 fps, if that's true. Certainly the hardware wouldn't be lacking.

youtube.com/watch?v=0JLhZAYs0ec

What are you talking about?

The animations look good from what I've seen, do you have any examples?

might only be for Asian PS stores I think, it's the PS4 version

>Certainly the hardware wouldn't be lacking.

Yeah give me a bit, I'll find some examples for you.

Planned on getting this game when I get a PS4

Is it in english?

Kat is cute. CUTE!

Is this game worth getting? I'm only concerned about getting it because people have said it only has like a 15 hour story, and it has no replayability. I kind of hate buying games that only last for 15 or 20 hours, though I heard good things about Gravity Rush it just doesn't seem fun to play something for 15 hours and then have nothing else to do in it.

I wish they could make it like a 50 or 60 hour game.

yup

youtu.be/OMxdCiQkfqI?t=1531
Whatever mode that is, it looks terrible.

I thought I saved a webm of Kat hitting the ground and it looking terrible but I didn't. I haven't found a clip of it yet though but it looks so bad when she lands. In the first game Kat would tumble if she fell and hit the ground from too high but in this game she just ignores the impact.

Facial animations are awful too, worse than PS2 games.

Nitpicks but I'm still mad, especially for a 30fps game.

I don't think the story is 15 hours but maybe it was. It has races and shit like that, it plays a lot like old spiderman games and it's fun. It's worth it if you like open world games and fun traversal mechanics. The combat is pretty fun too despite being basic.

Well I do like open world stuff, and I did look up some gameplay footage. It looks great in terms of aesthetics, and combat looks simple but fun with the gravity mechanic.

I might check it out, I just heard some people said you can do everything in like 20 or 25 hours probably.

Even if you can, it's worth it. I have no idea how long it took me but I enjoyed it thoroughly. I bought a Vita for it and didn't regret it.

>30 FPS
THEY HAD ONE FUCKING JOB.

Wonder what we'll be doing back in Heksville.

>Europe gets the gorgeous city concept art on the cover
>America gets blank white
Fuck this stupid world

It's short and sweet and it fits the game to be that way. I don't see how it ending after 15 hours would somehow invalidate the fun you had with it up to that point. Had it been 50 hours long I think it would have outstayed its welcome and turned into a drag. Maybe like 5 or 10 hours longer would've been fine just for some more challenge missions and a more complete story but it's definitely not a game I thought was too short after finishing it. There's nothing obnoxiously boring you have to do to platinum it either which I think is a nice touch.

Rehashin'.

Yeah, the end of the game was kind of dragging on. Doing the DLC afterward(thought I only did one) felt pretty good though.

I went all the way to Platinum and I don't recall a single frame drop.

>Rehashin'.

I really hate that they added the "remastered" to this. Most PS4 owners would have never played Gravity Rush so they should have treated it like a new game

But it is a remaster.

>wow this looks like shit
>why is the UI so hueg
>this doesn't feel like a PS4 game

Can't wait to get Kat back home.

if you actually played the game that a lot of the models (especially main characters) had their poly count upped

>this doesn't feel like a PS4 game
I dunno about you but it felt like a console game to me.

Granted, that console was PS2, but that was mostly because it has the design philosophy of PS2 games I played when I was younger.

Graphically speaking, I was surprised that this was originally on Vita, but now I see from this thread that the remaster did quite a number on its visuals.

There isn't a lot to the HUD so it being so large isn't really a problem.

I don't think anyone would complain if given this game under the pretense of it being a PS4 game originally. That said, there's no reason not to call it Remastered.

No they didn't.