I desperately want Nintendo to succeed with the NX

>I desperately want Nintendo to succeed with the NX.

>Previous Gamecube and Wii owner.

>Now own Xbone One

>dont hate it, but miss Nintendo alot!

>just want Nintendo to make a good console that has a Metroid title and non gimmicky controls.

Is it really so much to ask senpai?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l2h8NV_-KD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>just want Nintendo to make a good console that has a Metroid title and non gimmicky controls.

For modern Nintendo? Yeah.

>Now own Xbone One

kek why?

Good luck with that, each new Nintendo console has been worse than it predecessor and Metroid prime federation force doesn't instill any confidence on the next game being any good.

For the sake of keeping up with the times

Metroid sells terribly in Japan and nintendo has to have some sort of appeal other than, "we're powerful too." That has never been the root of their success in the past 20 years.

Keep in mind as well that both the PS4 and Xbone are not doing well in Japan. By unifying their home console and handheld platforms, they are strengthening their best asset, the 3DS playing population. Unifying their playerbase is a very smart move.

All I want are good games from Nintendo. I think regardless of power of the platform in its specifications, this will lead to overall stability which could contribute to a larger emphasis on game development (especially with a unified focus from the devs; the wii u/3DS resources split will be gone).

>now own Xbox One
Anyone ever told you your a fucking idiot

>Is it really so much to ask senpai?
Its just a miracle.
But nintendo is known for those so be hype until next E3

>Nintendo not making a gimmicky console after the goldmine that was the wii

PS4 is doing decent in Japan though.

*a lot

>Is it really so much to ask senpai?+ 0 post omitted.
Yes

Wii U was outselling it in Japan for a while, not sure if PS4 has sold more by now though

I think the PS3 is still the top seller though, funny enough.

Obscure weebshit really moves units.

Move is relative.

Vita stuff keeps selling but still behind 3ds. PS4 took time to catch WiiU but splatoon still selling damn well there.

not really. the Wii is the worst console that ever existed, but the Wii-U is only slightly better.

If the NX turns out to be even more gimmicky kiddie shit then you know Nintendo is fucked.

Nintendo can shove a i7 with 4 titans in a box, Third parties still wont give a fuck.

Nintendo don't throw mad bux around them Like sony or Microsoft. On top of everything Nintendo is competition on their platforms, something that don't happen in the other platforms. And even if they get ports, the ports are going be fucked in some way or another.

As a former Nintendo fan myself, I say just learn how to move on. Learn to accept they've shaved off their older audience from the demos they aim for, and that their best is behind them.

Wii was more of a toy than a console.

3ds was hardware first, gimmick second

>3D isn't a gimmick

>240p
>gimmick motion controls
>gimmick 3D screen
>terrible hardware that can't even emulate GBA and SNES
>wasting money on camera that nobody uses
>hardware first

>non gimmicky controls
But the gimmicky controls are the best part. I don't want another fucking Xbox/PS2 with a slightly different controller and slightly worst hardware specs. The gimmicks are the things that really set Nintendo apart from the competition, and I was really fucking fond of the dual screen stuff they were doing since DS up to Wii U.

>Motion control

3ds uses gyro not motion, WiiU gamepad also have gyro.

from what game that 2007 mario is ??

you're in a very small minority

the gimmicks do nothing but hold the games back from being fun (Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Star Fox Zero, Skyward Sword, etc)

I just want fun game with none of the bullshit.

I don't want a Wii Fit. I don't want a Wii Play/Wii Music.

I want a Galaxy 3. I want a prime with no sensor bar controls. I want fun games.

Not forced gimmicks to be different just for the sake of being different.

galaxy i think

U R MR GAY

Super mario galaxy

I'm hoping Nintendo NX flops so they can realize they were the cancer that killed Iwata.

Not a Ninty fanboy and old enough that I started with NES but switched between them, SEGA and PC (Sony later with PS) for main gaming.

I'd like to see Nintendo not just on top with the NX but knocking it out of the park. Make those considering XBONE/PS4 '5200' change their mind and wallet.

This generation has been pretty unremarkable outside of a few notable titles. It could use some shaking up. Now that I'm finished on what I'd like, I expect nothing but gimmicks and disappointment. It may be far too late and Nintendo has to have a tight game here or they'll just be seen as a company shitting the console bed.

Id rather have a second stick, something that would've been useful in 3D games.

Gyro controls are useful for aiming in shooters.

Splatoon and SF zero make some use of it, in 3ds I think that Only pokemon and Zelda games use it.

>3D World is such an abortion of a turd even Nintenshit won't even acknowledge its existence

Kek checkmate apologists. Worst game of 2014 for sure.

I enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, although I admit that the touchscreen controls were overboard for basic movement. Ignoring the controls, what hurt it most were system limitations with regards to visuals and music.

I liked Star Fox Zero and none of its problems stemmed from the gamepad gimmick, which anyone with half a brain will adjust to in about half an hour, same as trying to figure out TWEWY. Rather, what hurt SFZ was its extremely low replay value compared to something like SF64. I don't think I'm the only one who expected that, when Miyamoto said that instead of having many different planets, existing planets would have many missions, that he meant actual fucking missions, not a list of extremely vapid goals that in no way make up for the lack of actual different planets. Also, I think that simply being able to pick the mission you want to try again to perform better at was a step backwards from SF64 where you had to do the whole thing, especially given the relatively short playtime.

Likewise, Skyward Sword's flaws lay not in its gimmicks, but it's design. Everything motion controlled was fine sans exactly two things: flapping the bird felt dumb when the beetle didn't need it, and playing the harp felt like it was laughing in my face at wanting to play an actual instrument like the Ocarina again. Meanwhile, there was a significant lack of things to go out of your way to explore for, the game was considerably more linear than other Zeldas, and it was excessively handholdy in more than just a couple ways. And yet, its characters were all pretty memorable, even the side ones, its art style was fantastic, the idea of treating the areas outside of the dungeons as sort of pre-dungeon dungeons was executed fucking wonderfully, and at least it was a more interesting hub world than fucking Wind Waker.

Can't speak for Spirit Tracks. Been meaning to get that from the eshop.

>Metroid title

Get a 3DS

>Non gimmicky controls

Get an Atari joystick.

>That d-pad? A gimmick.

>Shoulder buttons? Gimmick.

>Control stick? Gimmick.

>Motion controls? Gimmick.

According to the law of nature, failure to adapt = death. You are simply not strong enough to survive Nintendo.

opinions from a shill are invalid.

continued from I find it funny that you want Galaxy 3 which would essentially be just another rehash of Galaxy 1 same as 2 was, despite the fact that the Galaxy series was chock-a-block full of that forced gimmick stuff you claim to dislike.

>I want a prime with no sensor bar controls
Blasphemy. As someone who played both the gamecube and wii versions, the wii version was superior in just about every conceivable way. Not having to lock on for everything and actually being able to fucking aim without a fucking right analogue stick fucking cancer bullshit plague on FPS games was a godsend.

There were some games, such as on the e-shop or from third parties, that didn't go out of their way to include gimmicky bullshit. The port of MH3U from the 3DS for instance had the bottom screen used as a customizable menu/shortcut screen, but you didn't actually need to interact with it to any significant degree, and it let you move shit like the map down and access combines without having to go through a menu. I adored shit like that. The second screen was perfect for stuff like that.

Xenoblade X. Second screen saw use, but only for interacting with the map. Worked very well.

Professor Layton games. Love those puzzles.

Super Mario 64 DS. Minigames out the fucking wazoo, so many of them were fucking fantastic.

I've called many people retarded during my time here but I'm seriously concerned about you

As someone who does like Splatoon, I have to say, I'm actually a little disappointed in its use of the gyro control. They should have called in Sakurai and had him tell them how the options menu should be handled. Smash and Kid Icarus have had top fucking notch options menus. Kid Icarus in particular had 50 million fucking ways to customize how your touch screen sensitivity worked to your liking. Fan-fucking-tastic. With Splatoon, I always wanted to be able to adjust vertical sensitivity to be a bit lower and horizontal sensitivity to be a bit higher since it always felt too easy for me to get fucked up on the up-down than on the right-left, which I had a piss poor reaction time with thanks to having to move the gamepad more.

Locking me out of the ability to adjust the up-down on the fly with the right stick in gyro mode was also fucking bogus, and I think Nintendo is about 50 years behind on right stick analogue aiming controls even when you turn the gyro off.

As for which games use gyro, I remember hearing that MGS3: Snake Eater 3D for 3DS had gyro stuff.

>I grew up with exactly one control scheme and any deviation from that control scheme is unacceptable
I bet you're the kind of person who thinks it's acceptable to use an Xbox controller on FPS on the PC.

>I'm a Knack fan

To the people complaining about Nintendo and their "gimmicks":
Nintendo can in no way compete with Microsoft and Sony. Both of those companies have lots of different methods for earning money. Nintendo has video games and love Hotels. They can't throw all their money to the biggest graphical powerhouse so they focus on being the most creative. This is why Nintendo is a successful multinational company and you're an unemployed neet posting on a Chinese cartoon message board

>Y-y-you didn't like a game some shit video game for children! U-ur retarded!

You've never been taught the wonders of irony, ey tardo?

Holy shit look at this autist. What the fuck is up with you people?

Japan is a dying market. Their economy never recovered from the 80s, and there are more old people than young. Even Sony has effectively become a Western company, going as far as to relocate their HQ there.

nice ad-hominem

You would be right at home on twitter.

The hypocrisy of that statement tastes amazing.

It's a pattern

Nes > snes > n64
Gcn > wii > wii u
Nx will be the nes and gcn of this generation

>Why would I save a world I no longer have any stake in?

just let them die user

why not a ps4

>has faith in console gaming
its all over

>letting yourself be shackled by the corporate jew

youtube.com/watch?v=l2h8NV_-KD4

>>Now own Xbone One
Stopped reading

If you really wanted to help, youd stop being cancer