I'm thinking about picking up a copy of this tomorrow Cred Forums, is it worth getting...

I'm thinking about picking up a copy of this tomorrow Cred Forums, is it worth getting? It got pretty positive feedback from a lot of people, haven't heard anything bad about it and I do like the Digimon series overall. I remember when it first came out I saw a lot of threads on Cred Forums talking about it, just wanted to know what everyone thought about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6l9wy5nx6A
youtube.com/watch?v=Mx-3vcquNmM
youtube.com/watch?v=8hScs0WGjOE
youtube.com/watch?v=SWzUyNEbxPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's good for the waifus alone

I don't care about waifus, as long as the game is fun and entertaining then that's all I care about. Especially if I can get at least 50 or 60 hours out of it, I enjoy games that I can get a lot of playtime out of.

its a shitty vita port with no endgame

>is it worth getting?
If people say Star Ocean 5 isn't worth getting than this DEFINITELY is not worth buying.

There was virtually no localization. The game is full of bullshit Japanese mythology, occult references, and machine translation.

It would be fine for a $15 PSN game, but for $47.99, I felt ripped off.

But is it fun? Even if the story is trash, if the gameplay itself is fun then that's fine.

Well it's $25 at my local gamestop, didn't seem like a bad deal. Also Digmon CS got WAY higher reviews/ratings compared to Star Ocean V, I'm talking way higher. Like Digimon got 9 out of 10 and shit while Star Ocean V got like 5.8 out of 10 and 6 out 10, I don't see how you can compare them when so many people loved Digimon over Star Ocean.

Then again I think Digimon has a way higher fanbase and what not.

since the free DLC has been out there's a sizeable endgame. I think it's worth it, I bought it full price and was happy with it. I easily got over 100 hours out of it.

Gameplay's fun, if broken and unbalanced. Pierce is simply too powerful and movesets/abilities aren't diverse enough to make lesser monsters viable with creativity.
If you enjoy filling in Pokedexes, filling the Digidex is great.
Hard mode is actually hard. It sometimes calls for some grinding to get equipped with the proper skills and Digimon but it's truly satisfying to win a boss battle. If you decide to buy the game, try Hard first.You can always bump it down to Normal mid-game if it's too much.

Cyber Sleuth's greatest weakness is that the story, characters, and dialogue are a pile of poorly-translated nonsense that drags on and on.

Game play is really fun to me. Story is full blown garbage and basically feels like they took a story totally unrelated to Digimon and put Digimon in it. The story was painful and always ruined the flow of the game. For an rpg I need the story to at least be not annoying. I need to care just a little about what is happening. In this case I hated everyone and just wanted to digibattle.

The localization quality is bad

the gameplay is pretty fun

Gameplay was pretty lame. Didn't like how HP bloaty all the bosses felt. Didn't feel like I needed strategy to win either, just patience to deplete all that goddamn HP.
The best part of the game was the music.

I'm not a big fan of these Pokemon games because they feel like MMOs except a lot easier and short to finish.

no

it's the worst kind of grindfest

I'm not sure how long it takes to beat, but a lot of people said you could easily get 80 hours out of the game and that's not "short to finish" in my book. I mean, if you play straight through the story I guess it's only like maybe 30 or 40 hours, but I'm sure there is side stuff you can do and what not.

I enjoy grinding though, and I already knew it'd involve grinding if it has a level up system in it. You usually have to grind in JRPG's, I'm kind of use to it.

The translation is so bad. I was thinking about getting it from the American PSN because it's much cheaper than the Japanese version, and from the video I watched at the very start of the game I thought it was a pretty okay translation, but then I looked into the later parts, including the Bakemon thing and other random bits and holy shit, fuck that. And the Japanese version is still more than I'm willing to pay. Shame no one's posted a .vpk of the Japanese version.

>haven't heard anything bad about it
Let me tell you the bad things since I'm sure you have heard all of the good things.

Coming from someone who does recommend this game.

- poor translation, including several errors in grammar and formatting (multiple choices will be one choice that runs over and fills up the other two, characters say Bakemon instead of "monster," etc.)
- if you want to fill your field guide (Pokédex basically), it requires quite a bit of grinding because of the digivolution system and certain Digimon being unlocked by doing late- or postgame quests
- dungeons are fairly straightforward, kind of hard to call them dungeons
- difficulty is not particularly well-balanced, some people found Normal too easy, I found Hard too hard
- combat system is a bit lacking if you're used to more robust RPG systems

I think it's absolutely worth buying, maybe even worth completing. It's a lot of fun, looks great, good story (bar the translation), good music.

If anything I listed is a dealbreaker for you then that sucks, but that's pretty much all that's wrong with it as far as I can remember.

I picked it up back when they had a sale on it for 23 bucks on amazon.

Decent enough game, enjoyable waifus and decent story. A little grindy tho you can bypass it if you abuse a exp skill from a certain digimon.

It was worth my 23 bucks.

Shit game op unless you listen to cybershills/vitagen who have objectively bad taste in whats an actual good game.

Combat is shit, just because its like smt lite doesnt mean its good since smts combat is shit too.
Grinding out the ass if you want to play hard mode to pass on certain moves to pierce digimans unless you like being gimped in this shitty difficulty. Normal is too easy hard is ridiculously unfairr due to upped stats thatll make you wonder what kinda crack they were smoking when they made hard mode. You can subvert grinding through plat numa and shit but grinding in unfun combat is still grinding.
Musics generic, which doesnt mean bad, it just doesnt stand out. I dont know why people cream over jimmyken's theme when its some light metal shit.
Dungeons are boring, god forbid you dont have the correct digimon to lower the encounter rate.
Translation is dogshit for many reasons people stated.

It does have a nicely rendered environment and aesthetic though

>since smts combat is shit too.

Thanks for putting that right at the top, it saved me the trouble of reading the rest of your post.

>Musics generic
Objectively false

youtube.com/watch?v=d6l9wy5nx6A
youtube.com/watch?v=Mx-3vcquNmM
youtube.com/watch?v=8hScs0WGjOE
youtube.com/watch?v=SWzUyNEbxPs

I almost wanted to return the game to the story because of how criminally bad the translation was. If I'm going to pay full price of a game then I expect at least some level of quality from it. Instead I got shit.
Some people will probably not care, but that's just how I felt about it. It felt a bit insulting to me.

As I recall the translation team was literally one guy.

The budget for the localization was paper thin and we're lucky we got it at all.

Translation is a loose way of putting it. At times it felt like the text was put through a translator program. The company who was responsible for the translation budget is, ultimately, responsible for the quality, and they shouldn't have had asked for a premium price for a less than premium job. It's a budget title at best.

I didn't like the grind so I stopped playing.

>Ohh I want a _____mon
>it only requires this mos ABI
>if I devolve and digivolve back I'll get __ ABI which is still too low to get a _____mon
>which means I've got to do it again

I'm cool with some light grinding for progression in shit like final fantasy or whatever but when I just want a cool digimon but it's gated behind grinding, that's where I draw the line. Fuck your Platinumshitmon strats.

The fact that it's basically necessary to minimize the time is bad design. Imagine if pokemon games were that cruel with evolution.

Also hardmode bosses are kind of bullshit and goes back to my grinding complaint.

Was it not MSRP $40 USD? That's pretty budget.

Its a 3d digimon world dusk/dawn with sluts everywhere. You'll have literally 0 regrets.

Isn't there a new digimon game being made?

Next order is getting a localization if that's what you mean. I haven't heard of anything after that

You get more ABI from dedigivolving if you're at a higher level. Evolving and immediately devolving, for example, is not particularly helpful.

Anyway, it is grindy, but honestly I prefer it to Pokémon. Capturing Digimon is ezpz, and you can get a LOT of Digimon from just one if you put the time in to do it.

It's a more flexible system and ABI is literally the only fault.

It literally was. /vg/ confirmed with screen shots and google translate.

Oh I see

Thank you! The bakemon shit was totally unacceptable. They literally directly translated a Japanese pun with no context.

If you like SMT and Digimon, its worth getting. I have the vita version, so I cant vouch for how good it is on PS4

I think ABI was intended as a mechanic to encourage the player to have their Digimon learn a lot of different attacks from different forms.

The problem with this was that the only attacks that really mattered were buffs and signature moves. When I first started playing I brought my favorite, Seadramon, through a whole ton of lines to get it a ton of different elemental moves. I quickly found that none of that mattered and spamming signature moves did more damage.

>Next Order
(digimon world 1 sequel which is pretty good)
We're getting it early 2017
>Digimon UNiverse Appli Monsters
Basically Megaman Battle Network with a bunch of weird digimon based on phone applications
Not sure when/if we'l get it

Gameplay is fairly enjoyable. The double triangle in combat is fun to keep track of and the digivolutions are really addictive.
It's random encounter engaging in really bland dungeon minus a few.
The whole detective system is ok. Just a glorified quest board.
A lot of people say the story sucks, but honestly, I thought it was pretty decent for a digimon game. Nothing amazing, but the ending was satisfying.
I ended up with about 80 hours, but that included a bit of digivolving, because I was seriously addicted to that aspect.
Might not be worth full price tag, I got for 50% off, so it was well worth it.

Nokia is the sexiest slut in the game. Also love this expression of hers.