Homefront: The Revolution is slowly starting to look like a sleeper hit

Outside America, a market nobody really cares about anyway, the game has been steadily selling at least 5,000 copies each week at retail for consoles. It's been hanging around in European sales charts far longer than anyone would have expected. And sales seem reasonably steady. There's no sign the game is going to drop off the charts.

I expect good word of mouth after all the patches has been a contributing factor there, though I'm kinda baffled by how well the game sold when it was a broken mess.

It has sold around 470,000 copies across all platforms so far. And if it keeps on selling that measly 5,000 copies a week, interesting things could happen down the road. That's how weebshit manages to crack a million copies sold. Just people buying the game steadily, week after week, a few thousand copies each week. It's currently selling better than Mirror's Edge: Catalyst in some regions. It has outsold Battleborn.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BOvBnlYFjHs
youtube.com/watch?v=2yCCyhZeMGk
chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015
vgchartz.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=HzCpNgAhUmw
youtube.com/watch?v=DfjlBL0o2XA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

GameFly was selling it for $9.99. That might have been a large contribution.

Not necessarily. Only 20% of the game's sales have been from America. The game has sold steadily since release outside America. I think it's a combination of price drops and patching, but the game just keeps selling.

TECHNOLOGY

Nigga even stealth actionvision games are selling well.

People are desperate for games.

wow, never seen that done in a game before

They've actually improved rain slightly in recent patches. There are now little splash particles in addition to the wet surface effect. It looks more natural, I think.

Did they ever fix the game?

>it has outsold Battleborn
You say that like it's impressive or was a difficult thing to do.

The game is horrible anyway. The graphics are good but the performance is so bad and the game feels so unfinished that playing it is a mess.

Far Cry 4 is a better option.

>hasn't even sold half a million copies
>"""""sleeper hit"'''"""
>""""""""success"""""""""
Nice try

>Did they ever fix the game?
That's a question with a complicated answer. Tell me the areas that needed fixing, and I'll tell you whether they fixed them.

Fucking beautiful.

youtube.com/watch?v=BOvBnlYFjHs

It gets better

You can't fix shovelware, it's just a bad game.

I wish someone would do a new 24 hour timelapse, because they made a lot of changes to the game to improve performance.

I'm very interested whether the cloud shadows and ToD lighting changes are still as impressive. I'd do it myself, but I don't have the proper recording software.

When exactly did you play the game, user? And if you played on PC, are you sure your PC isn't rubbish?

>shovelware
>In development for five years.
>With some of the best talent in the British games industry, including veterans who worked on GoldenEye and TimeSplitters.
>Earned praise for its visual fidelity.
>The best performing Crytek FPS game on consoles.
>Shovelware.
Choose one.

It's none of those things, so yeah, shovelware.

>It's none of those things
Are you seriously denying the documented fact that Homefront: The Revolution's development team includes members of the original GoldenEye team and also the TimeSplitters team?

That doesn't make it a good game. That means nothing shill.

youtube.com/watch?v=2yCCyhZeMGk

That's from May. Probably patch 1.03. We're up to patch 1.10 now. Patch 1.08 made massive changes to lighting and particle effects to fix performance. So the game now mostly runs at 30pfs on consoles instead of 15-25fps.

>10 fucking patches now

how? why do they use the time and money to make all these patches for a game 100 people play? world at war just got bc on xbox one and probably has more players than homefront

>a game 100 people play?
How exactly do you get "100 people" from a game that is selling over 5,000 copies every week?

You act as if that helped this game when it obviously didn't. Just because some employees there worked on those games in some capacity doesn't mean they were the real talent behind them.

I tried it over the free weekend few weeks back
didnt really like it
played it for like 2 hours and just uninstall

And where is your proof that it is? Seems to me you're just spouting bullshit to shill this abysmal failure in a last ditch attempt to not end up homeless.

>You act as if that helped this game when it obviously didn't.
The lead programmer of the TimeSplitters series was Game Director. Graeme Norgate, who co-wrote GoldenEye's music and wrote the music for TimeSplitters wrote the soundtrack.

wow looks pretty cool ill definitely consider buy...
>DENUVO
fucking dropped. No wonder I dont hear anything about this game

someone said it was like stalker
rough around the edges but still a neat open world game with some technology and stealth
were they right?

>And where is your proof that it is?

Two sources.

Chart Track shows it at #21 in UK software charts.

chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

And VGChartz shows it still charting in the UK and Germany. vgchartz.com/ The total European sales have sat around 5,000 copies p/w for ages.

>Lead programmer and composer

It's more like Metro than STALKER. The first DLC even has you sneaking and fighting your way through a subway tunnel and fighting an armoured car mounted on the railway tracks.

The open world stuff is a mixture of Far Cry, Half Life, and, yes, STALKER/Metro aesthetics.

Nah, it's basically a crap Far Cry 3/4 knock off set in a city so it's more linear and less open.

>Nah, it's basically a crap Far Cry 3/4 knock off set in a city
Aka, Dying Light.

Not at all like Dying Light, that's about zombies and revolves around parkour and melee. It's also a good game.

Here's the thing. Crytek CREATED the Far Cry series. Aren't they entitled to "knock off" Ubisoft's version of their own IP?

>revolves around parkour
And Homefront revolves around jumping from one ledge to another and running across catwalks and rooftops.

>It's also a good game.
Just like Homefront, then?

>not buying it because Denuvo
lmao don't pretend you were ever going to buy it

The only worthwhile things about this is the graphics and the TimeSplitters 2 easter egg. Real mediocre game, Far Cry Philadelphia.

What about the awesome gunplay, though?

Not that user but I played it during th3 free weekend a week or two back. I share his opinion about the game feeling very unfinished though performance is definitely better than the earlier reviews before that new patch.

It's a shame because there are parts of it that I really like, mostly the atmosphere, graphics, weapon choices and the emergent gameplay elements and scavenging around for resources (though I think they could handle that better with a crafting system for upgrades instead of just cash). Only problem is that they don't work well enough on top of the performance issues for me to drop cash for it. Plus the fact that the crossbow is absolute shit too.

normies buy tacticool shit in droves

they probably look at the cover and get a boner

>Plus the fact that the crossbow is absolute shit too.
LIES. Scoped crossbow is badass.

>game flops as hard as possible 5 months ago
>just now trying to shill it
Brilliant

That's not really true, though. The game has sold steadily in Europe. At this rate, it will eventually sell a million copies. Americans don't really seem to be into it, but Russians and Germans and stuff seem to love it.

It's a shame the game sucks shit.

Never works for it for some reason. I noticed the shot never goes to where the crosshair or the scope's crosshair is, so I adjust my aim to compensate. Then I find out the crossbow also has shit range and the shots disappear a short distance away, making it useless as a long range silenced weapon. So I just stuck with the battle rifle and go guns blazing instead of even trying stealth, fuck the crossbow.

>Selling less than a million copies and not even at half a million after all this time
>Not a complete and total bomb

I get a stalkerish vive from this game but i hate how the gun like flies up in your face when youre in cover

A dlc just came out for it a few days ago.

I played the free weekend. If a GTX 1070 is considered rubbish then there is something wrong considering it has similar performance to a Titan X which not long ago was fastest video card.

>game flops as hard as possible
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst flopped harder.

>It's a shame the game sucks shit.
You're fighting a losing battle, user. The game is rapidly moving into "underrated gem with a shit launch" territory.

Especially with critiques like this that talk about how enjoyable the game's mechanics and world design are.

youtube.com/watch?v=HzCpNgAhUmw

>If a GTX 1070 is considered rubbish then there is something wrong
What settings were you running on?

Holy fuck, actual shilling in this thread.
It's an 'underrated gem', guys. Don't believe what you heard!

>games have to sell gorillian copies to be good

not saying this trash is good but fuck you and everyone like you for ruining the fucking game industry with that mentality

Nothing Stalker about it, don't fa for this shill's lies.

Are you saying Noah Caldwell-Gervais is lying when he says it's a good game?

This game had a huge budget stretched across 5 years or so of development hell and multiple dev teams. It made nowhere near that expenditure back with the tiny amount of copies sold. It is 100% an unequivocal failure, and rightfully so.

I have no clue why anyone would say the game reminds them of STALKER.

Gunplay is ass, guns themselves are kinda cool I suppose.

>This game had a huge budget
We don't know that for certain. It had a small dev team. Who weren't paid for four months at one point.
>multiple dev teams
No, just the one.

Don't forget that Perfect Dark: Zero was insanely profitable. Crazy stuff happens in games development.

>Gunplay is ass
The guns feel awesome and punchy. The pistol and rifle are especially good.

1080p, max settings with supersampling off.

I have the same exact PC as this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=DfjlBL0o2XA

Check at 12:55, that kept happening to me all the time and it was annoying.

I like those rain effects, that's a cool webm but I don't want support denuvo. So I'll just watch a let's play on youtube and download Overwatch instead.

>killing gaming one day at a time.

But it's a bad game. Bland level design, bad ai and repetitive gameplay. What's redeeming about it?

>Perfect Dark: Zero
Don't you dare shittalking PDZ

>American propaganda, the game, sells better outside of America
Really makes you think

will this game have mods

Wrong. It had 4 different devs working on it. Started at Kaos who did the first Homefront, then went to THQ Montreal, then Crytek UK when THQ died and the property was bought at auction, then to Dambuster Studios who finally released it with Deep Silver at Crytek sold it.

just checked amazon it's going for $20 when it's $10 I might get it just for trophies

I heard this game fucking sucked. Is it actually good?

No. OP is a shill.

I found the guns to be a little bit generic in my opinion. It was clearly a copy of FC3/FC4 gun style, where you buy one and then you put a crappy suppressor on it and suddenly you have this super quiet sniper rifle.

>It was made by the Timesplitters devs!

And their most recent game was fucking Haze. Judge it by its own merit.

The first game was a fucking garbage CoD clone shovelware shitpile, and anything attached to it is too by extension.

The first game is great compared to this disaster.

Techland hasn't made a good game since COJ 2.
Stop making shit up and fooling yourself

Did you actually play it?

Yes. It's as bad as Dead Islam

no. the game sucks. i played it on its free weekend. it's garbage

it seems bad and the animations look like ass but it looks like it has heart put it into it

Game fucking sucked, played it on free weekend It had lots of good ideas but it just falls flat on its face trying to make it feel fun, it does have some pretty graphics though too bad its badly optimized.

>American propaganda
What? It's science fiction.