cleric

Bard cause ima music the fuck out of you

NOD AT THE BARD AND PEOPLE DIE
EVERYWHERE PEOPLE DIE

Magic/Melee hybrid classes.

Monk

Loool fuck off

Sorcerer.

I default to wizard. sometimes I go gish to shake things up. Maybe I'll go cleric but only if it's "dainty white mage" cleric instead of "buff dude who has to pick goblin brain matter out his mace between holy magic slinging sessions" cleric, and healing magic is actually useful.

very, very rarely, and only if the archery is fun, I will go sword and board knight with a bow secondary. otherwise all magic all the time.

Necromancer, BITCH.
Or really just any type of summoner that can summon large amounts of minions. I like having a little army.

But when that's not available I usually just go with a dual wield warrior or whatever cool warrior variant there is.

I wish more games had something like this.
>Be a fucking tank mage
>Cast a super shield around self
>Super strength buff for ultimate punches
>Kill anything that moves

Going through the last classes I've played would look something like bard/ranger/berzerker/rogue/stealth archer/myrmidon/black elf wizard who specc'd archery and CC/barbarian.

So I like to bounce around. I'd say the only thing I tend to not play are paladins and druids.

Sword wielding battle mage

Thief, but not those assasin-ninja-rogue guy, just a regular thief who robs stuff

Paladins. I love JUSTICE!!!!

Stealth Archer

Swell taste
shame you're playing as worst girl

>Kubo and the Two Strings is literally Picking The Bard: The Movie

I fucking hate it when the thief class can't actually steal things.

Same, it's basically a Jedi

Shush Cuckaffer fags should have gone to bed already

Paladin

stealth archer

Enjoy getting backstabbed by your scheming whore "waifu"

>Warrior/fighter/barbarian of course.

muh fighta

Jedi never use any offensive Force powers, though. They're more like paladins or clerics than battlemages.

Old warrior dissapointed with thw new age adventures

Muh nigga. Add Paladins to that list.

barbarian.

the one that kills goblins

Paladins

especially girls

I almost always go barbarian/warrior or paladin/knight types. If there is a stealth class using holy magic, I go with sometimes as well tho those seem to be rare in most games.
The first MUD I played ages ago had a class that used thief type combat with holy magic (heals, hold person, etc) called MISSIONARY that I try in vain to recreate sometimes.
But mostly warriors/paladins.
Wizards are for fucking fags.

Red Mage because uses a rapier, magick and dresses on point

Pretty much always Paladin. I love melee combat and I love being tough as fuck. And who doesn't love healing spells? You can build them for ranged combat in some games but not many.

All these Paladins

Ranger/Archer

Any bow user, really.

Something like a witch hunter or spellbow. I love being a stealthy motherfucker with trap, invisibility, and utility spells.

Always warrior/knight/paladin

Mage/warlock/wizard is either boring as fuck or easy mode plus most people who play these classes are fucking boring retards that literally have to "ponder" every single situation. Rogue/dex is ALWAYS a fucking yawnfest and anyone who plays these classes/specs are usually garbage/can't win without being a bitch

Knights are always go head first into battle while wielding a mighty sword and/or a badass shield. They help others in need. Are mostly smart and if not, it's okay just swing your sword and you're bound to kill something. They're charming and fun to be around

Always choose knights

human rogue or elf ranger

Count me in too. I like whichever class is most associated with shields and protects the team, usually paladins. If those aren't available, knights are good too.

This basically, band of thieves are comfy until they backstab you

Hard af f.am.
Probably a Paladin. I like a little magic, melee, self heals, support buffs.

I've played a mage or warlock by far the most though.

Depends on the game, really.

I usually pick the most overpowered one.
No shame.

>anime poster
>FotM roller
My least favorite kind of human being.

Magic Tank

Skullknight specifically

Dont know any other RPG which has a remotely similar class

Shame about Trino ;_;

fag

blue mage, copier, or equivalent
time mage, chronomancer, or equivalent
they're both rare as fuck in games though

Where all my Spellswords at?

Probably busy getting in the way of actual fighters, or getting laughed at by real mages.

Happy merchant wizard with an axe if there's an option to wield one.

I like the idea of someone who utilizes magic purely for its conveniences, rather than the scholarly aspect. A traveling trader who uses fireballs and ice spikes because fuck man, no room in the pack for heavy armor or swords when I'm carting around my wares. Skilled in magical persuasion as well as good old fashioned haggling. The axe is partly used as a tool, partly for self-defense. Most of the gold will be spent on extravagant clothes and creature comforts like high-end call girls and lavish food and drink.

Noble, when money isn't on the line. He'll get your cat out of the tree, and maybe even save the world if it doesn't hurt business, but he'd sell his own mother if it meant one more round of drinks at the tavern.

>Being mediocre at two things instead of good at one

Why are you being so rude, user.

mah nigga

If red mages count, I support there's this one guy Then again, FFTA2 did have a separate "Spellblade" class

spellsword

>The game makes it the best class

warlock/necromancer or anyone who deals with dark magicks.

It's nothing personal, I just feel like indecisive people tend to go towards variations of spellswords and they all have their own name for basically the same thing.

Spellsword
Magus
Magic warrior
Mystic fighter

and so on

Also in the PF group I play with we have a magus who's a real shitbag, has no armor and crowds the front lines when 3 out of 5 people are already melee. Really poor choice of character for this groups since he doesn't really add anything that isn't done better by someone else, maybe spellcrits though. This isn't going past like level 8 so no one bring in crazy high level arguments.

Depends entirely on the game.

If the game features a heavily restricted class-based system where you can ONLY learn certain abilities or be good at things based on your class, then I tend to pick based on the game itself though most commonly I make one of each character type.

If the game has a more fluid character system where you can do basically anything just requiring skill growth or perks or whatever to branch into things, I will without fail try to create a wizard/fighter hybrid with primarily using fighting but using magic for buffs and debuffs. It's a real shame that most games have shit for support magic that isn't just healing or damage.

Bone rattling Necromancer is always fun trying to walk the thine middle path with hilarious accidents

Take a guess

best at crashing the frames on my ps3 lmao

death knights or paladins
I like the whole "magically augmented warrior" thing

Setting up 2-3 cannons with those AOE spells as triggers was hilarious. A couple of enemies would walk into range and just get fucking blitzed.

Any class that punches shit. Magic punches are also acceptable.

I can count the games where playing a magic based class feel actually uniuqe or fun so I usually go with warrior. Rather slice things up than shooting fireballs over and over again.

They don't use offensive powers because they don't need them, there's the saber for that.
A sensible hybrid class is one whose abilities complement each other, not compete with each other.

I hate it when stealing only amounts to "use a trum in combar to get an extra item from your enemy that you totally couldn't have looted from it's corpse afterwards"

Bonus hate if there's stuff you can ONLY steal this way but never drops normally.

Thiefs should be given the tools to steal important shit and extra loot outside of combat, not this retarded FF style bullshit.

While I'm not a particular fan of Monks/Cestus, it's always nice to see posts based on EO classes

i like games where i can set up traps and use mesmerizing magic to trick people or put them to sleep.

necromancy is the mechanics are good and paladin is really fun too

>TOP TIER
Gunner
Cannoneer
Hunter
Ranger
Martial Artist

>STILL BADASS TIER
Priest
Monk

>ALSO COOL TIER
Engineer
Chemist
Viking
Berserker

>Mage/warlock/wizard is either boring as fuck or easy mode plus most people who play these classes are fucking boring retards that literally have to "ponder" every single situation.
That's one of the reasons I prefer Sorcerers. It lends itself better to playing more impulsive/passionate/emotional characters.

It looks like that necromancer is about to receive a skeletal handjob.

Blue control

I'm Jace.

The Universalist class from KOAR.

PALADIN
A
L
A
D
I
N

MAGES
>explodit in DQ2
>Kazap in DQ4
>Kacrackle in DQ7
I'm not very far in 7 though so I'm sure there's better spells than Kacrackle

Fem kinghts/paladins are my fetish though. I'm the boring fucker that actually likes Saber.

Gunner or whatever else lets me have a loud shooter.

London?

>literally no recent games allow you to be a swashbuckler
Why live?

>that knife-ear
>tfw no audio webms
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475254835780.webm

Rogue, mage and monk, or any combination of those. They can have the shittiest mechanics, but I just like cloth armor too much.

>can't win without being a bitch
Someone's mad about being backstabed to hell.

>Are mostly smart and if not, it's okay just swing your sword and you're bound to kill something.
>this is what warriors actually believe

I actually liked the subversion in Baldur's Gate 2 where the Holy Avenger was a massive greatsword. There's something cool as fuck about a knight cleaving monsters and infidels in half with a massive sword.

All of the crowd control, all of the time.

>It's another WRPG with nothing but generic long swords and final fantasy/warcraft tier cartoony swords.

Mages and wizzards.
Occultist if possible.
How can you enjoy being some paladin cuck?
>oh look at me, im VERY FUCKING NICE guy in some shiny armor bringing you some BLESSINGS.
I bet every paladin player tryies to be friends with any npc he encounters.

can someone inform me where the concept that monk was someone who punches people to death and not just someone who lives in a monastery comes from?

>mfw people don't feel the wrath of ytar

>want to play a charismatic and dexterous chaotic-neutral bard
>bards are magic users
I'm looking at you Baldurs Gate

Simple weapons look so much better than meme-tier spiky swords

Its probably not a practical idea but I think it would be cool to have a game where you can lose your weapon or have to ditch it occasionally, or not really having a weapon generally and having to find them when you need them

The thing being that the gear is ultimately pretty redundant and you can always go back to find something or steal it back

I assume fantasy writers drew inspiration from tales of shaolin monks or some other kind that dedicate training to their body so they can defend themselves or find enlightenment I guess

Seems like it would be the most likely thing

>implying KILGORIN, SWORD OF DARKNESS isn't the shit

Assassin. I just enjoy being sneaky especially in multiplayer. DaS3's assassin class was perfect.
>Estoc instead of cliche daggers
>Plain looking set instead of sexy revealing or overly edgy armor
>Fall protection + silent footsteps spell

that sword looks so stupid
it's made to be broken right behind the hilt

Either a non-generic version of a mage or an archer.

I play Barbarian in every game that lets me, no matter if custom charaters or not.

if i can have MAX Speed, melee attack and no armour i will play as a Barbarian, just jumping into battle like a mad glass canon bastard and wreck everything up.

It's that real?

Momma im NOOTRAL

I like speed and adaptability more than pure power.
That is, if I'm playing an Action RPG. More than an CRPG type game.
So I guess a monk?

I generally dislike playing older RPG's like Baldur's Gate because they're simply too slow for me.
And most classes in Action RPG's are also simply too slow. Which means I'm generally forced into playing Rogues or Assassin's or whatever.
But I really don't like Stealth classes.

>Cartoon armor with massive pauldrons
>Females with boob armor or bikini armor
>It's humans, dwarves, elves and furry/lizardmen again
>Wizards shit out balls of fire/ice/lightning with mana
Why can't we have more settings similar to mountain blade?

Underrail psi / melee build is exactly what you're talking about and more

Assassin set is my 2nd favorite, next to The Black Hand set. It looks fucking rad with a Lothric Knight's Helmet.

Theif. My end goal in games usually becomes getting rich as fuck even if money becomes useless.

For RP? Holy Crusader with heavy armor, big mace amd big shield who uses light / restorative magics.

Or a dick ass thief who doesn't kill.

Being a Lord.

Mountain blade is one of a kind RPG

Thiefs, because they are the funniest characters. If you play a RPG it means that it's not just about the fight. Magicians are to nerdy, paladins can't be opportunistic/liars and fighters are dull.

Honestly for me it depends on the game.

If I'm roleplaying, I prefer generic human knight or warrior. No magic, no special abilities, no special items, just super courageous generic soldier. Full Hero Mode. Pic related. It doesn't matter the setting, whether modern or fantasy or whatever.

If I'm playing an MMORPG like WoW -- I prefer classes who have the most adaptability, so they can perform a majority of rolls. Like Monks, Druids or Rogues. Rogues because they have stealth and can pretty much get out of any situation if it turns south, Monks and Druids because they're fast, have heals, and can DPS or tank.

If I'm playing an Action RPG like Dragon's Dogma, I prefer speed over everything. So Strider or Assassin. (kinda like Rogues). I need to be able to go fast so the combat is the most exciting.

Druid erryday.

Armour is for faggots, real men wear a bear.

I like a big variety, but right now I'm playing D&D as a rogue/cleric and it's quite fun. There's a nice mix of dexterity and quickness and holy magic.

>all those unique snowflake, hybrid, made-up bullshit class faggots

Pick a real fucking class. You aren't special.

tyromancer/Hwarang reporting in.

I roleplay as an uhlan.