What's your opinion on Darkest Dungeon, Cred Forums? Is it worth grabbing? I heard a lot of mixed reviews

What's your opinion on Darkest Dungeon, Cred Forums? Is it worth grabbing? I heard a lot of mixed reviews.

Other urls found in this thread:

darkestdungeon.com/topic/my-experiences-with-ng/
youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good style and concepts ruined by some RNG bullshit and a horrendous late-end game grind.
I still like it up to that grinding wall, and at least the mid-game is pretty neat once you get into a decent rhythm.

whats there is good

but it mostly amounts to grindan forever and thats it

if u dont get mad about rng u might like it

if u get mad about rng u will hate it

Cred Forums Pass user since December 2013.

>RNG
shitters detected

first post best post
art direction is very nice but sadly the rng force is too strong with this one
you just grinan adventure over and over again until you get lucky

I just wish they could use characters and setting to make some hardcore 2d turn based rpg

How's the vita version? Should I just play it on PC so that I can edit my save/avoid being fucked by the rng?

Not OP, but are there any mods/tweaks that turn it slightly more in favor of player?

no, only cheats but that's pointless

RNG is not an issue in the slightest, the whole point of the game is risk management. You can finsih the whole game without losing a sinlge hero.

Grind, dungeon design with almost no variety and overall repetitiveness are the real problems.

I pirated it, had plenty of fun and I'm going to buy it in the next sale.

Pretty good game, infuriating at times. I honestly don't know how you can finish this game without save scumming.

>You can finsih the whole game without losing a sinlge hero.
user please

I just picked it back up after waiting for the final product. Love what it is but wish there was a bit more depth and variety in dungeons with less grind. Atmospheric as fuck. Might even get it again for console for comfy playthtough with my gf.

I've lost less than a dozen while playing rather carelessly on my first run. Some autist has done it, I'm sure.

Git gud.

darkestdungeon.com/topic/my-experiences-with-ng/

>You can finsih the whole game without losing a sinlge hero.
Possibly, but doing that is a terrible idea.

I enjoyed the game until a string of incredibly unlikely events ruined 8 hours investment and I had to restart.

It's not even hard, you simply need to know the game inside and out.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Buwei6ZWqU

it's shit

You can do that by save scumming.

People who says they manage to do that without save scumming are fucking liars.

>People who says they manage to do that without save scumming are fucking liars
>implying

>RNG is not an issue in the slightest
Yes it is. The entire game hinges on it and every aspect of the game is dragged down to shit because it all depends on the RNG making the game difficult.

Once you get an all-star team with strong trinkets going, the game is a snooze-fest as you stun lock and burst through everything.

Korean MMO-tier grind later, some classes are strictly better than others (Occultist/Vestal) in the same category.
Game balance is shit since devs nerfed every single good setup that was found in each subsequent pre-release patch.
Art/ancestor are great.

And the biggest bullshit of them all: heroes refusing to go into earlier dungeons because yes.
>Oh your Vestal got lvl3 before the rest? tis a shame, now go grind new party with new healer so old one can smack the boss because lvl3 vestal will tell you she won't bother with that.

It's fun but I always lose interest before actually making it to the Darkest Dungeon. I don't think I'll ever actually beat it but I start a new game every few months and get my moneys worth each time so I'm happy with the purchase.

But at that point the joy of discovering something new is gone and you might as well play a different game. Otherwise...

>Once you get an all-star team with strong trinkets going, the game is a snooze-fest as you stun lock and burst through everything.
...all that remains is this.

>The entire game hinges on it and every aspect
Because it's designed around risk managment.

It's not an issue, it's the whole point of the game.

>Once you get an all-star team with strong trinkets going, the game is a snooze-fest as you stun lock and burst through everything.
Yes, boring grind and repetitiveness are a problem.

>Because it's designed around risk managment.
>It's not an issue, it's the whole point of the game.
What are you even talking about? What risk management?

Managing the risk is so easy that it makes the game dull as fuck. All of the challenge hinges on RNG to screw you over, and if it can't do that, the game is basically over.

It's shit design. So in that way, yes, RNG is an issue in that the game has nothing else once you've overcome it.

There's also just a TON of design flaws in the game everywhere, like how medium/long dungeons are generally not even worth doing, or how Torches are basically useless and even hinder people who don't know any better.

Or you could finish every boss, do the Darkest Dungeon missions or hunt cheevos.

>whines about boring grind
>wants to play easy peasy dungeons with experienced characters
kys shitter

The developers kept listening to the five autistic people who demanded that every part of the game be filled with unforgiving RNG.

181 hours in
never beat it
its fun but encounters become predictable so idk m8 :/