What's a heavily underused setting in video games that you'd like to see more of?

What's a heavily underused setting in video games that you'd like to see more of?

Or, if not that, what's your favorite kind of setting that you think should be more prominent?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/476530/
store.steampowered.com/app/240340/
youtube.com/watch?v=8TAB8LIlda8,
hk-devblog.com/
hk-devblog.com
youtube.com/watch?v=7I2KJOo86As
youtube.com/watch?v=JU5gfASlRCI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Jungle
youtube.com/watch?v=RG9TMn1FJzc
youtube.com/watch?v=LEnCz6goaB0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon's_Gate
youtube.com/watch?v=BKTkCa5nB_8
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlBtP3-x_w
youtube.com/watch?v=o6nJysVtCrM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm so tired of decrepit, ancient ruins and shit. I mean I can appreciate it but I want more nice looking temples/areas in their prime.

Kind of like the Temple of Time from Twilight Princess.

Inside the human body. In miniature.

i wanna sleep in a pool of ecto cooler

Cred Forums Pass user since December 2013.

Tropical beach/jungle and winter forests are are hard to come by. Rain during the night as well.

Spaghetti westerns

For me, it just depends on what kind of architecture they use for said ruins.

A city where every building is explorable

I know it's impossible but it gives me wanderlust

Unrelated but is it possible to take a photo like this but have the sky in the background not be a bright white blur?

>ruins in mangrove swamps
Swear they had this in an Uncharted or two

Rainy cities, pic related was comfy as fuck, snowy settings are not hard to come by, however good ones seem to be almost non-existant

You see that hut?

I want a 3rd person adventure/exploring game set in anno 1404

In a funfair (like Megaman 8)

100% simulationist realistic science fiction

No bullshit space fighters, no bullshit magic shields, no bullshit faster than light travel or communications

Everything has to obey the laws of physics.

Literally the only game I've played that even makes an attempt at this is kerbal space program

shitty numale cuck developers are universally too retarded and liberal to figure out science and nature.

Assassin's Creed?

At least the first few ones.

Forest areas, good ones at least, are rare to come by. Literally, the only decent one I can currently think of is that EA game that's on Steam, The Forest.

make it yourself then you numale cuckold

Dense forests. They're actually not as common as you would imagine. Bonus points for during winter

dense forest would be difficult to do because of physics

I thought you meant setting as in options

Yeah if it's not overcast.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance has even better forests, probably the best so far in any game.

Shame it isn't out yet.

Children of a Dead Earth claim to do realistic space combat. Game looks like a unity project reject but the gameplay is there.

If you weren't a cuck, you would've known that a game like that exists:
store.steampowered.com/app/476530/

Tundra, taiga, glaciers, mountain ranges, arctic coast...

Also, pre-hellenic Khorasan, Hindu Kush and the Indus Valley.

I've always wanted that as well, especially for a survival/post-apoc type game.

But even if it was possible, in the end would it even be fun? What do you fill all the buildings with, if it's singleplayer most of the buildings are going to be useless anyhow and if it's multiplayer you'll just end up never meeting another person because it's so large, I mean an apartment building alone would be hundreds of rooms

Huge shit
Just fucking huge amd spacious
Like ico or Shadow of the Colossus or something like that
I just wanna climb up and explore big crazy landscapes, yet so little games do this. Is it too much to ask for?

>Shadow of the Colossus
It's Shadow of the Colossi actually

Yeah, but can you actually do shit in them? Or is it just a place you pass through?

I'd like to see more humans dropped into alien enviroments. Not earth with a new coat of paint but wonderous and terryfing worlds that bring equal parts curiousity and confusion.

Just load up a DarkRP server mate

> numale cuck beta cuck cuck xD cuck liberal

lmao what's wrong with your brain

In the alpha I played there was a bandit hideout in the middle of the forest. Got lost in there for awhile looking for it.

You can also use it as a place to hide dead bodies.

I'm sure there will be some hunting mechanics too, what with there being a food/water system, and bows.

Rome
Imagine a RPG set in ancient Rome

WILD WEST

>That level in JSRF
>That one hidden room with nothing but cats

I really like the idea of alternate fantasy settings from medieval tolkien like stuff. I'd love to see egyptian stuff with mummies/sphinx and shit, aztec stuff with their gods, tall tales of the americas, arabian nights/djinns amd demons and such.

I'm gonna take a look at it. I am prepared to be massively disappointed and will be sure to tell you how much they fucked up.

Forests. Seriously, every "forest" in a game is a few shrubs and some trees here and there and you can walk in and out of it within a minute because its so small.

holy shit does that show up on every pass user?
because this id the first time I've ever seen thi

Okay from the initial video it actually looks like they didn't entirely fuck it up like most developers do.

Cautiously optimistic about it.

wait what

I presume you already played The Forest?

Cyberpunk.

I want to use nanoaugmentations to parkour my way into the HQ of a megacorp.

>Micro Mario never

Yup, its a good setting, lots of things to hide behind and catching things out of the corner of your eye.

>tfw that sort of game, along with insect sims/insect protag games would look amazing in today's technology and graphics, but nobody is making them

I really wish there was more stuff you could customize about tree houses. I'd want them to be way more high up than they currently are.

active volcano or even erupting volcano settings that are actually done really well, with lava flowing everywhere, flying debris going everywhere, ash rising, and any surrounding people or locales in chaos

Canada

>"African" setting (yes, I know Africa is a fairly diverse continent with plenty of different cultures, locales, etc., but I'd love to see more African jungles, savannahs, etc. in vidya; also shut the fuck up, racists)
>actual forests
>archipelagos
>Americana settings (diners, suburbs, that sort of thing - think "Earthbound")
>tropical beaches
>actual jungles
>Polynesian islands

Farcry 2 was a good Africa setting, get Dylans mod and have another go at it.

>Dylans mod

Not that user, but what does this mod do?

This × 1,000,000

Dystopian future city with a strong clash of rich an poor. Taris in Kotor, Hengsha in DE:HR etc. It'd be extra great if there's were huge gulf in the tech used. Like the poor side still has beat up old cars and maybe a few industrial robots while the rich fags have hovercars and all the fancy toys to play with. It'd also make good gameplay progression of starting out with fairly basic shit and by the end having loads of neat shit to use.

Space is also the other big one for me, for all the fucking potential space has it seems to be wasted on fucking 2d and economy sims. I want more games like Freelancer and Freespace 2 where the focus is actually on flying a goddamn spaceship not staring at a graph.

See, while I enjoy Freelancer, I also want to have the chance to captain huge fucking spaceships. Think Stiletto from Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. That shit was so much fun.

Look up HDR photography.

vore was so 90s

Makes weapons do realistic damage(youll drop enemies in a few hits, but theyll drop you too), reduces the spawns of checkpoints and makes weapons not fall apart when you fire a single bullet,cant remember all the changes but these were what changes the game for the better for me. It makes it an all around better game. I think it got rid of the malaria thing or at least made it less of a nuisance, I dont recall ever having to go out of my way like before to go get it

do you know by any chance where is this from user?

Spaghetti western is not only an underused setting in video games, but in every other type of media.

God, I miss them so much

Ta Prohm, temple at Angkor, in Cambodia.

I'd say that having fuckuge pilotable spaceships and good dogfighting on the smaller scale isn't at odds with each other and you could have both but thinking about it'd be a nightmare to make both sides well balanced and interesting.

I guess the capship side would mainly be more about trying to keep 20 different plates spinning, managing the ship's critical systems as well as your weapons and issuing orders. Compared to the guy in a fighter that only has to worry about dodging shit and hitting where he's supposed to while the AI multitasks for him.

damn super thanks user
those places remind me of treasure of usas

creampunk

>shut the fuck up, racists
My mom said there's a lot of black people in Africa

I want some mononoke hime settings.

The fuck are you talking about?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

large structures with uninterrupted straightaways. like a mall or something where you can actually make use of long range. the airport in max payne was great.
everything nowdays is sectioned off or empty and open. weve got the tech for non shit draw distances now use it.

This

Something like the mall from Mirror's Edge?

I'm tired of
>Deep Forests
>Sewers
>Caves
>Ancient Ruins
>Ektra-Dimensional Spaces
>Wastelands
>Caves

I mean come on. I know some of those are ridiculously easy to make, but stil.

Okay. So what do you want to see more of?

I think he means something a lot more open than that. That looks quite cramped for a mall.

A city with a population appropriate for an actual city.

Hitman Blood Money

Cyberpunk (that aren't FPSes)
Westerns
Noir
Post-apocalyptic that isn't nuclear (ie natural)

Sewers. We need more sewer levels. With exploding barrels/boxes.

No, they have to actually type shit into the options bar lol
It's like saging just so you can show off your cool 'Heaven' tag, back when that was a thing

can't find any direct stats on population. millions or better?

Oh we can't wait

No one dares to do anything that hasnt been proven to sell.

that one small town level from Hitman Absolution. It's particularly impresssive because of how much lines of dialogue was recorded simply for immersion purposes

Japanese cities/towns. Other than Yakuza (and some weaboo shit) I can't think of any games. There is so much potential though. Imagine a game in the 80s Tokyo during the economical boom, driving around Ikebukuro with your r31 Skyline fighting against bozosoku gangs and escaping the police.

I'm talking about real cities, i.e. 10 mil+, all structures have interiors (seamless), all inhabitants named, have their own lives, emergent un-scripted dialogue, etc.

Caribbean piracy, sorta like what Risen 2 had. That time period has benefit of being somewhat modern, but still having air of mysticism about it, with all the voodoo shit going on.
Make a proper pirate RPG, with crew/ship management, being able to choose sides about whose ships you attacks... My dream game would be pretty much Pirates! in more fantasy style, and with traditional RPG things to do on shore. Actually yeah, just cross Pirates! with Risen 2.

Really need to play AC: Black Flag at some point.

I'd like to see settings that don't necessarily follow the rules of reality. Maybe like a hollow earth type world where say I could see cities from the other side of the planet above me or some shit (at night city lights could be the "stars"). In a world like that maybe water from a lake or ocean would disperse from one side to make rain to the other. Use some sort of machinery to ride the crossover. I know I probably sound like a sperg but I just wanna see highly unrealistic shit to be made into a creative world.

Huge spess structures. Preferably to explore.

So Age of Decadence?

damn, i had no idea SE asia had trees like that; i would've guessed this was in america

No, not top-down turn based. I was thinking more like the best parts of Skyrim and Ryse, rpg where you conquer villages. Have Gauls, Iberians, Macedonians that you could be, etc.

Sorta related to this, I'd like to see Fallout game set in Japan, with mostly taisho-period aesthetics. You could have few relatively modern cities like what you'd see during Meiji, but all smaller towns could be very rural.
Speaking of towns, since Japan is very mountainous, this would make for great exploration opportunity. Have the towns be seperated by treks of mountains and forests, with rare train-line connecting them.
Rather than traditional Fallout monsters, the radiation could have caused humans and animals to mutate into creatures resembling mythological beings(or at least something that people started to perceive them as), with similar ones moving away from cities, to live in their own communities in mountains or rivers. So you'd have kappa, oni and tengu like people.
The nuclear scare in Japan is pretty big, so rather than having post-apocalysm be caused by nukes being dropped, have it be because whole country is surrounded by hugely irradiated sea. This could tie into the mutants, with more of them raising from the sea.

...There's problems with this, though. Japan doesn't really have many(any?) proper open-world RPG developers, and if you'd let western studio handle this it'd feel very off, as usually happens when team from one country tries to portray another.
But I do want to believe.

The image in the post you quoted is Bavaria.

I'd kill for something set in a megastructure.

such a dream game will never ever be made

>hollow space corresponding to the size of jupiter
>actually it's the size of 5.2 astronomical units
they fucking high?

Dying Light did a respectable job of this. Was by no means perfect but you certainly felt like there was countless houses to explore.

Give it 5 years (max) and we'll have it, user.

Actually, I think it's pointing to a single black pixel.

Another one I just remembered:

I really want to see a more subdued, comfy, mundane setting. Say you're someone in college, maybe you still live at home, or you're dorming it up with a roommate. Either way, the game could be set at home, in your small town, your college city, your school, etc., and all the NPCs are familiar faces, people you may know, and so on. Basically like Life is Strange. More games like that.

I really want a game with a hard-hitting narrative and good writing with a setting like that.

These as well. I'd also like to see a completely hostile, foreign alien world in a game. Like Dark Aether in Metroid Prime 2, but with more varied environments and more survival-based gameplay.

>enhance
lmao you're right i suck cocks

I want this.

The arrow is pointing to a single empty pixel.
The Megastructure is fucking massive and has essentially unlimited resources due to dimensional travel shenanigans.

Still waiting for the revival of Shadowrun. My day will come.

Fallout 3 expansion

Post another comfy forest

It was a response to the answer of the question in the post you idiot

Fuck the original halo really captured that vibe. Had a sense of mystery and wonder that the other games couldn't match.

Open world rendezvous with rama game when?

>architecture like the one in OP
>anywhere near America
>America having those kinds of temple ruins
>barely a tree visible in the picture to begin with

Nope.

I want games with handrawn 2d animations like in Lord of The Rings.

store.steampowered.com/app/240340/

makesyouthink.txt

Comfy, snowy, laid back mountain villages.

FFTA2 had a level like this that was absolute perfection. Just the perfect blend; it even had a mage's college for maximum comfy.

I'd love to find a city building game that would let me make something like that, but unfortunately most of the ones with snow mechanics are ones where winters are anything but comfy.

Also some urbex games would be great.

Go play Another World.
Not the sequel, though, it's trash.

Added to wishlist. Mite b good.

I'd love to see more creepy circus settings in games. I really like how cheesy, but well done it usually is, so it's a shame not too many games really use it.

Stuff at very high altitudes, preferably above cloud cover.

floating sky cities feel very underused. They're always a treat to see. Even the "super trees" in Black Ops III are MONDO COOL, let alone old fantasy stuff like the Kingdom of Zeal and such

Played it like 30mins then got bored.

I would say Naissancee
But the structure in Blame is really really retarded big.

Wacky hotels
Beaches full of people
Airplanes. Not enough of that.
Proper malls, like Dead Rising

Some people have mentioned rainy stuff like cities, I agree. I like sandbox games where I just get to walk around at night while it's raining and there's not a lot of people around the streets. I already like it IRL.

Also schools. Proper schools, in and out.

And I guess something similar to the internet in Battle Network series.

Massive bushfires.

>you will never rescue a stricken truck with seconds to spare
>you will never direct aerial water bombing as a six storey tall fire front closes in on you
>you will never be forced to give a eulogy for a crew member who died under your command
>you will never earn your way up from crew member to chief officer
Why even live?

I don't think you could even hope to capture the bleakness of Blame's setting in a game. The hilariously long amounts of time just spent wandering and getting from place to place. Killy spending ages encased in solid rock. Not being able to die until you've finished your job, and you've been trying to do your job for hundreds if not tens of thousands of years. Enough time passing that evolution has rendered humans into something beyond human.

Far Cry 2 had neat bushfires.
>when you don't watch the backblast on your RPG and set fire to your escape route

It strikes me now that there are really not many games about firefighting. Why not?

data centres

Ancient Ruins are overdone, but why do developers never make games set in actual, functioning ancient societies?
Even some European villages would be nice.

Also ethereal and dreamlike environments are very rare.

what is assassins creed

20 minutes into the future

In general I want more virtual tourism games like Yakuza or Sleeping Dogs. Living in a generic multicultural city I crave areas that actually have culture.

Movie theaters, theme parks, tourist trap strips, suburbs for the elite with giant houses nestled up to each other and although they're common I can never get enough spooky mansions

>ancient societies

inside a donkey's ass

Only one I remember playing was youtube.com/watch?v=8TAB8LIlda8, and it was a piece of shit.

bruh pretty sure assassin's creed and the american revolution are ancient. go to school man

Maybe not so much a setting as a scenario, but the road trip. Few driving games have you drive in a calm, relaxing, just-for-fun environment. It's always either high-stakes racing or crime.

I think only Forza Horizon 1 really got the good feels of being in a car right. Even by Horizon 2, your character is part of some autismal racing team.

or niggers as i like to call them

It feels as if the mass shootings from the past ten years made those settings unwelcome. The last game that had an abundance of those that I remember is Raven Shield - malls, universities, airports, villas, etc.

>1191
>ancient
I want americans to leave.

rome total war then, fuck off

Kowloon walled city-type areas

places that're expansive and complex, but on the y axis, not the x and z axis

>that approach path with that harsh turn
Why? Why not just round it?

I guess that airspace over Hong Kong was pretty occupied.

wild west

Rewatched the original Predator film recently and that made me realize how underused jungles are in video games.

The only decent one I can think of is Crysis and that was back in 2007.

>rome total war
>set in actual functioning ancient society
yes, because moving units around illustrates the complexities of Roman conquest and it's political and social consequences

I actually wanted to start work on a game in a setting *kinda* like this, but with different architectural styling. Still a lawless hell tower, but styled after a victorian era clock tower

Jungles make sense to not be in games -- foliage is very hard to make decently.

>survival horror in this setting
You wouldn't even need zombies, just have the player be hunted by the mob or whatever. Everyone in the building are in on it so you have to sneak/fight past everyone in a building where there are like 5 people in a cramped room.

i would guess that it has something to do with the straight path bringing you threw a foreign country that requires alot of paper work and regulations for using its airspace if they would even let you considering how sour they were about the whole hong kong ownership

this, and prisons with switches to open the cages

We had a huge amount of games with that setting for a while. Then RDR did it so well they died down and pretty much became holy ground. Removed from setting choices in developers think tanks forever from even mid level studios.

Fistful of Gun was good though. Indie, but at least a good idea and fun.

it sounds like you're just unpleaseable. maybe you should stop being an american

no man's sky

Cryengine, Unreal, and Frostbite can do foliage with no effort to the developers. We have come a long way from the speedtree of Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

True nightmare and dream scapes
Think pic related and yes album covers.

Halo 4 had most of the story inside a megastructure.

Forza is autismal racing, Horizon shouldn't have even contained forza in its name.

I know what you mean though, I keep meaning to try fuel, apparently it has a huge area to explore, but also games for windows live integration.

Wasn't Skyrim like 50% mountain snow villiages?

I'm -- what kind of things would you wanna see in such a game?

I was thinking of making it a co-operative multiplayer kinda thing, with human AI enemies impeding your efforts to do defined objectives. What do you suggest? I'm highly interested in your opinions because I know I'm full of nothing but bad ideas

I know it was probably a third world shithole but part of me can't help but feel like living in a clusterfuck like that, where everything was connected and you can go days without seeing the sun and your living space is tiny so you only own what you need, would be amazing.

On the other hand
>500,000 people inside a 6 acre area
Holy shit fuck that. I used to live on a ranch that was 6 acres. That was tiny. I could walk the perimeter in a half hour or less. How the fuck are you fitting half a million people in that.

I really enjoyed Planet Robobots constant over usage of food and drinks. Building shaped like cans and milk cartons in a consumer driven dystopia. It was mostly used as a theme for different versions of "ice world, water world, desert world," but it's still been my favorite take in a while.

I want sci-fi that has gone beyond the boring utilitarian blocky mechanical style typical in sci-fi

you have all this amazing technology with centuries if not millennia of refinement and all your shit looks like garbage when it should be amazing

instead of making your forgotten space station a cargo ship, make it a iridescent tree growing in all directions from a enclosed ribcage-like space, with a small shift in hue where vacuum crosses into the self-contained atmosphere and with lazy alien fauna living among the branches, obvious descendants from creatures you've seen on another world but adapted to this zero-g environment during the millions of years that the ship has been abandoned

advanced technology shouldn't look like "technology"

even if you go with a less high-tech setting and just have human civilization a few hundred years into the future, at least do something like adapt an older style, like egypt or the baroque, but add technology in ways that aren't just "dude lets add bare metal paneling and simplistic geometrical shapes to it"

I might it might be asking too much but they could at least try
roger dean only slightly related

there was winterhold which was decent, but the creation engine just isn't that good at conveying atmosphere.

Vertically.

Skyrim is a shitty game though.

And all those places felt fucking lifeless.

Tundra is underused, but for a good reason. There's literally fucking nothing out there.

Also, you don't often see hilly environments like Arathi Highlands in WoW or Barrow-downs from LotR. There are ways to make those interesting.

because people packed in as tight as possible to avoid any authority, KWC was not part of Hong Kong or a British Territory it was technically still owned by either the RoC or PRC and neither side exercised any control over the area

>Horizon shouldn't have even contained forza in its name.
It's the same engine, and the only thing missing is tuning sliders, and it's only gone from Horizon 1 for some reason (but the default tuning setups aren't always fucking horrid shit so it's ok)

The driving is not that much different, but the addition of feel-good radio stations, freeroam, and promotion to do silly shit just to do it really makes it more fun.

I think the only more positive racer is DiRT, where even if you crash your car, the game's response is "We can replace the car, the important thing is you're not hurt." "or "OH NO! CALL THE AMBULANCE" if you zone out by going off a cliff lmao

My apartment building has a footprint you can throw a rock over with ease, but it's 14 storeys tall and is mostly stuffed with student couples and immigrant families living more than one to a room.

Even when I moved in, I shared the living room with some chick, and some other chick took the actual bedroom. There are no other rooms (other than a kitchen and bathroom, ofc)

without good-looking foliage and grass, hills look like shit in video games

Ok guys, what if, like, what if, now hear me out on this, what if it's like fable but set during classical antiquity?

>Why does future have future things? I don't like it!

Okay, but what about the game part, Seigneur Autismo? What exactly is it that you want to play? An RPG, a 4x, an FPS? Or do you just want games that won't trigger your realism spergery?

>what if it's like fable

Props to Uncharted 4 on this one.

lots of games have that like deus ex, black ops, etc

some of it is silly but it's all foreseeable and plausible.

>It's the same engine

Really? it didn't feel like it.
Forza motorsport was about tight lines and control, the fastest way around a corner on horizon was to just grind around the outer guard rail at full throttle.

I'll check out DiRT, a friend has been recommending it too.

Now hold on. There might be millions of people in one city, but do you ever see a million people at once when you take a walk in a city? You're hoping for too much.

Do you really want that? In real life, you don't enter every building or talk to every person around you. it would be MORE unrealistic than having key locations and canned dialogue about hot button issues.

Eastern Front from the beginning of Operation Barbarossa to the defeat in Stalingrad/Moscow

The campaign started so well and everyone even outside Germany was optimistic of a quick victory. Then the war goes on and on and eventually reality hits - they're going to rape your country, and there's nothing you can do about it.

It could be the next Spec Ops: The line

This. This so much. Proper cyberpunk game in those settings would be GOAT. 2077 please don't disappoint.

> the fastest way around a corner on horizon was to just grind around the outer guard rail at full throttle
Not really, if you crank the AI difficulty up, you'll lose every time doing that. You don't have to have ultra clean lines, but you have to at least stay on the track.

Showcase Events basically demand perfection even on the low difficulty because of how they work.

Grinding rails and shit only works because there's no damage -- it still slows you down. Also, in certain areas of the map, there's nothing to grind on, you'll just crash into a rock, probably flip, and get greyed out and reset while everyone else is finishing the race.

Also, while there's no actual head-to-head mode, there's leaderboards and online events. I doubt Horizon 1 is still supported, though. I think 2 and 3 let you form parties to go tool around have proper races, but I'm not sure, I don't have an xbone

Also, DiRT 1 is gud but 2 and 3 are just MTV power hour bullshit. DiRT 1 is the only one that keeps the refined air of the older Colin McRae games while still keeping it positive and light-hearted. DO NOT GET DiRT SHOWDOWN THOUGH IT IS A BAD GAME AND NOT EVEN A REAL RACER

So a Dune game?

>Proud cuck since December 2013
Good goy

An honest to goodness high fantasy megastructure.

Like, for instance, a giant tower. I'm on the bottom and I look up and it's unfathomable how high it is. I can be halfway up and maybe barely see some of the features on the lower floor. And getting between the two isn't some physics defying gaffe where after going through 4 rooms I'm magically halfway up, 4 more and I'm at the top. It's a fucking monumental task.

Reminds me of a level in Lost Odyssey (iirc the level where you fight the queen of the monkeys)

I've never read dune. Jodorowskys dune seemed cool as fuck though, and his comics are great fun.

Don't know what you'd call this but I want it.

Brazil

Victorian'ish Gothic Stuff

Yeah yeah, Bloodborne, Castlevania, there's a few, I know. But they're still pretty far and inbetween. At best you can hope for a spooky graveyard section.

Less elves and orcs, more vampire and werewolves; if you know what I mean.

Outback.
John Jarrat (aka Wolf Creek Guy) simulator when?

Again, I'm -- what kind of things would you wanna see in such a game?

I'm really enamored with the giant tower concept and had some loose ideas for gameplay, but I doubt my ideas are that good on their own -- what kind of gameplay would you wanna see in something like that?

fallen london, sunless sea?

Fucking this so much.
hk-devblog.com/ looks really cool, but so far it's vaporware.

Why does snow make everything look comfy?

Way of the Samurai/Yakuza type game set in Ancient Greece or Rome

I've never really heard of a game about samurai (set between the 1100s to the 1900s) unless it involves mystical nonsense powers or unless it's an strategy game of some sort.
I don't know much about the samurai but it looks like a cool topic.

Why do so few game settings where religion is widespread have mechanics based around religious practice?
Most of the time its "Press X to heal" style stuff instead of little daily things like washing and blessing.

It's like magic where you read one scroll and can shoot fire 20ft from your hands.
It doesn't feel like a magical journey and it makes me wonder why so few others both with it.

Okami? Gears of war 2?

Class divide

This is bait right?

I think the most underused setting is those ancient ruins you always see, but actually being there in their prime when they're occupied and still in one piece.

it's hard to make it fun

Aren't they making a sequel? Sunless Space or something like that?

Black flag would have been god tier without the stupid assassins creed shit.

Distant planets with nonsense physics, e.g. Xenoblade X

Styx is pretty vertical.

sunless sea is fucking impossible. it's FTL but even more difficult. I fucking love everything but the bullshit difficulty.

Is there any game where it's like an RPG, but you're not the hero, you're just some random villager and you stay behind when the hero sets off on his journey and you develop the village and shit?

Some kind of flamenco fantasy. Characters like Vega and Zorro, historical spanish world with light magical elements. No tolkeineque elves/dwarves, cool fencing and duels, that sort of thing. If anything's done this already let me know.

City 17 and the borealis are settings i'd like to see in more games.

I noticed I have a fetish for abandon and worn out places while plant and whild life continues to grow over it.

>City 17

Part of it was based on the city I live in (Belgrade), so I'm not all that keen on more stuff like that.

Oh man I remember my friend having this. He also made up a lot of shit about weapons you get in later levels and how violent it became.

>hk-devblog.com
this seems so cool

Another example.

>Part of it was based on the city I live in (Belgrade)
youre literally wrong, it's supposed to be prague

pour water on your graphics card and you'd get the same effect

LOL KEK! :)

Iain M banks culture books.

I'd like to know this too, never thought about until now but it sounds cool. Would like to see more world fantasy in general, nearly everything we have is either medieval england or space

it's based on Prague with the general concept of architecture based on the Soviets, of which Belgrade was heavily influenced by, you turbo autist.

The Napolonics outside of strategy games.
come on give me a Sharpe vidya game

I'd like such a setting too. Naissence kinda hit it some of the times, one of the few walking sims I enjoyed.

Do you know what daily religious practice entails? I know what they get up to at their mildest.

You'd start the day in game praying for something like 10 minutes, if you rush your morning prayer or any for that matter then you're not very devout are you? Come across a meal? Time for grace. 3 meals a day? 3 graces. Someone uses his name in vain? Pray for them. Evening Prayer. Prayer before bed.

You're getting on your knees, making the sign of the cross, praying, making the sign of the cross, getting up over 4 different times. And this is just the days that aren't Sunday. Sunday you're doing all that plus going to the house of the holy host for mass, where you'll spend minimum an in-game hour there, you're going to chat with all the other church goers too before you leave since a good practitioner keeps close with his brothers and sisters.

I'm no atheist or anything, but shit I think when you're doing a fucking exercise routine like that and not getting feedback you might be on the wrong channel m8.

i've read them and they're pretty good
they're books though and not games so it's less visually interesting

let me guess, he dies in the show.

>I wanted to capture the specific atmosphere of Eastern and Northern Europe

i'm right

Closest I can think of is Tigana, an italian fantasy book.

so basically a Judge Dredd game?

I'd actually love to see an RPG just set in the modern day. I think it'd be great if it was done well. Unfortunately, the only decent RPG like that I can think of is Alpha Protocol.

Late Bronze Age collapse
>within 50 years the most advanced civilizations of the time collapsed
>massive migrations of entire civilizations
>cultures that have been featured in basically no visual media
>wars, famine, a time of great upheaval
>invasion of the sea peoples
since so little is known of the era the developers would have great creative freedom

Plenty in uncharted

xbx did this pretty well
pre mechs atleast it was a lot of fun. countless times i just went exploring instead of questing

What's ROKH?

Games these days are too easy, they literally point to you where the items are.

The cover of this book makes me want a game set in a similar world. It looks gorgeous.

I'm both of those anons actually but I don't think the two are that similar. the fantasy one is ordered, designed and is probably not that achievable on an indie development scale, if at all.

As for the other? I think the trick to it would that the gameplay has to encourage you becoming familiar with it. Maybe you're some courier who has to deliver packages in the timeliest manner.

It could be like that game, "the ship" where you're there with a bunch of other players each with their own agendas, and knowing the environment, the shortcuts, the safe spots and the hot zones would be the key to surviving.

Similar to the above, a survival horror game where you'd need to learn the paths to take/avoid, where certain supplies are and what you need to be prepared to face on the way (IE "there's a yakuza hideout where I can grab weapons but it's situated within the most populous gambling den/whorehouse in the compound" or "I can get medicide at the salvation army school, but I probably won't be the only one who has that idea and the only entrance is in a courtyard so I'll be very exposed"). Like a SHTF scenario except within the walls of a vertically sprawling hellscape.

as for the town itself, environmental design would have to be the absolute key. yes, it'd be claustrophobic and labyrinthine, but there would be a rough-hewn logic to the paths that are there as people have been taking them every day for years, and each part would absolutely need to look lived in and used.

as long as you're not just blasting bad guys and making a one way trek through to the top, and you had to become familiar with the labyrinth. if the setting is what you're wanting to focus on, I'd recommend making the gameplay simple enough until you're sure you can get a grasp on the

So basically a game where you grow comfortable to everyone? Like living in a small town? They'll be pretty cool. The closest I've seen is Skyrim where you can become familiar to your neighbors but it's pretty limited at best.

survival sandbox multiplayer

Martian multiplayer survival game

Do you really want to spent most of your game reloading?

The forest map in Battlefront is probably the best looking forest I've seen in any game. That said the rest of the game is shite.

India. And no, I'm not saying that for meme reasons. Its history is interesting and its gods are crazy

Try Stardew Valley

I want more of humans encountering just abandoned alien shit on a mind boggling scale. Halo always gets me going - can you imagine just stumbling across a 10,000km megastructure?

Vietcong is 90% jungle.

CoA are a great series.

Have you read it?

Metroid Prime and Uncharted spring to mind

Modern Warfare 2

Can't think for these for this, Until Dawn and The Forest are the closest I can come up with, and even then, they don't really do these pics justice

Shadow of Rome
Rome: Total War

I agree though, Rome needs much more games. These two are great though.

Any of the life sim games like animal crossing, stardew valley, rune factory/harvest moon

There's Real Heroes, but it's an Urban firefighter game. It's bad, but very tedious and kinda bland. 3DS version runs like shit too.
youtube.com/watch?v=7I2KJOo86As

AC3 actually had nice wintery forests.
Pretty fun to do just side achievements hunting specific animals and wandering in the forest.

Not yet, I have the book in front of me now though. Bloody big thing at 1300 pages, can't wait to get stuck into it. Does it take long to pick up?

Last of Us. Dont let Cred Forums memes dissuade you its actually quite good, albeit short.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R to an extent and Enslaved too. I want to see an apocalyptic game with the scope of a Fallout game but in an environment that isnt so boring looking.

This user has it right. Last of Us is pretty great, but it's absolutely one of the best in the sense of art designs.

Not at all.

A semi-populated area of Sibera or rural eastern Europe
Some kind of big empty steppe or grassland
The middle of the ocean/underwater
some kind of small isolated non-tropical island like off the Scottish coast or near the antarctic
modern southeast asia
india
something about the pre-biblical middle east with like hittites and mesopotamians
realistic ancient greece
a mid-20th century african setting where you play a paramilitary leader or something and take over a piece of some shithole country. Like Tropico meets far cry 2
a stalker-like game set in brazilian slums
an asymmetric multiplayer game featuring aztecs/incas and spaniards
open wold game about mongols
realistic ancient china
GTA clone about japanese biker gangs
a red orchestra game set during the korean war
a Lebanese civil war fps
GTA clone set in modern Italy

Pretty much anything Naughty Dog fits a lot of these pics. ND specializes in abandoned places with plant overgrowth. Their games tend to be on the more green-side of the color spectrum. I actually think Jak II might be their least colorful game.

i've been meaning to try it out, but harvest moon can't really hold my attention so i don't expect stardew would. It's a shame.

I know what I'm doing for the next few days then. Thanks. Any other series you'd recommend?

I know, right? It looks great and I love the concept but I'm a bit sceptical, mostly since it's developed by a team of two, but I hope it turns out well.

Spent too much time in the shitty pressure-cooker that is Cred Forums, turning regular autistics into full-bore meme-spouting retards.

It's weird how no one has tried any make any games based on Blade Runner. Except that one Blade Runner game from Westwood.

In regards to fantasy? Look up Garth Nix and his Old Kingdom trilogy. Sabriel is the first book. Pretty neat stuff.

You might want to look up Book of the New Sun as well, though that's quite a bit different from either of the two books, but remains one of my favorites.

bumping

I'd like to see more games done in the Don Bluth style

I hope you don't mean more native societies. I am so tired of le spritual native.

Nah. Think of stuff like Lost Izalith, except not in ruins.

When you're a little older you can play outside when it is dark

These books are fucking awesome but IMO they are a little funny in terms of reading order. There aren't really any direct sequels but you won't go wrong by reading them in the order of publication. Generally I would group them into "early", "middle" and "late", in that you can read any book first but the middle ones will assume that you know a bit about the setting and the late ones will assume you know a lot about the setting.

I'd say that "early" is Consider Phlebas, The Player of Games and Use of Weapons; "middle" is The State of the Art, Excession, Inversions and Look to Windward; "late" is Matter, Surface Detail and The Hydrogen Sonata.

Specifically:
Consider Phlebas should really be read before most of the middle/late books, especially Look to Windward.
Use of Weapons should really be read before Surface Detail.
If you find Excession difficult then try again after Surface Detail.

What is the first game you think of when you see this image?

Was thinking that aswell.
When I watched the (new) Judge Dredd movie, I thought at nearly every scene how this act out in a video game.

As long as its not populated by West Indians. I really don't get the appeal of societies where people wear primitive shit like feathers to cover their crotches.

Pirates, we need more pirated games

Mass Effect when you raid the genephage labs

Because realistically, what could you do. Blade Runner isnt really the kind of thing that can get a game, its like saying Taxi Driver could use a game, if youre just doing what Blade Runenrs do in the movie youre picking things up and looking at them, looking for marks, meaning its better to just watch the game youre not really playing. It would be hammy as fuck to have lots of shootouts and shit. Putting gameplay in some stories and settings just does not work at all and is actually insulting to the original property to consider it. Also the Taxi Driver thing actually happened, there was a game in development but it was canned because it was really dumb and offers nothing.

FFVII remake

Is that koh phi phi?

Risen 3.

>Not chaining together a sick combo of shooting a guy the bayonet charging another guy to steal his loaded musket to shoot another guy then bayonetting someone else to... ad infinitum

Early Farcry.

>Look up Garth Nix and his Old Kingdom trilogy. Sabriel is the first book. Pretty neat stuff.

Holy shit this. Yes it's pretty much teen fantasy, but it is so well done that I will regularly go back and re-read this series. These books really are far better than almost anything else in this genre: they are at least as good as the Pullman trilogy which is (justifiably) held as the gold standard.

Subnautica.

thank you

AssCreed 4 black flag

ilios in overwatch
or that sonic game

I really really wish for more games with surrealism that arent 2D point and click and platformers

What are some games set in Spain? Historical, not shitty run-down RE4

More flying and sky islands.
They may not be underused,but I love them.

i think the new batman is always raining

The closest thing to this I've ever seen is nt_rise_ctg from Neotokyo.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

that fucking wolf behind the tree just made me spit my drink out

that expression oh my god

A town which looks normal yet has plenty of creepy shit going on in it. Kinda like in VTMB but more subtle.

Fennoscandia.

>When I watched the (new) Judge Dredd movie, I thought at nearly every scene how this act out in a video game.

This. I want a game like this

>brotherhood
>spain

when?

>transhumanism
>realistic

Tropico

Jak and Daxter

Far Cry 1

Just Cause

youtube.com/watch?v=JU5gfASlRCI

All five minutes of it.

Really though, the most Spanish game by far is Expeditions Conquistador. It's not set in Spain, but it's hard not to dig the shit out of all the "Id con Dios, Capitan!"

Warthunder has a map where you fly over Spain too.

I want to be IN Spain, dueling and flirting with women and stuff. I'd be happy with Italy, but just some cool old Romance stuff would be great. Something that captures Zoro or Vega from Street Fighter's style.

I'd love to see more of those cliche spooky forests
>trees have faces
>crows and ravens everywhere
>maybe wolf howling in distance
>old graveyard and the cliche haunted house on a big hill

It's soft, fun and fairly pleasing to the eye.
We usually bulk up and stay warm during the winter because it's so cold, so we start to associate snow with keeping warm and cozy.

There is also rouge system, but it's ea.

Wow this game is so deep and random just like me xD

I want a dark, surreal atmospheric adventure/exploration game based on the paintings of Rene Magritte.

Adabat from sonic unleashed

You could try the At Tonelico games.

I want more of this. I want to see huge, modern cityscapes in ruins and taken back by nature. Roads completely obscured by plants, wild animals roaming the streets and making their homes in the abandoned buildings, and no humans to be found. I'd gladly take a game where you just walk around looking at this kind of scenery and exploring it.

The Last of Us did the whole overgrown city pretty well, a lot of people/monsters though and it was a bit too linear in my opinion, still enjoyed it

FFX

Why are the so few games set in the Korean War? It's a setting absolutely ripe for something like Battlefield. United Nations vs. DPRK, Soviets and Chinese. Not only is it a realistic setting and contemporary as fuck, it also has cool weaponry that is too old for modern setting but younger than WW2. To say nothing of Korea actually being prettier to look at than the fucking Iraq.

>mmuh raycist
spotted faggot

Kim Jong Un would get ticked off and threaten to turn the West to dust over it again, not worth the tantrum

I'm so glad Angkor Wat is used in Lost Izalith from Dark Souls.

But his granddad essentially conquers the entirety of the peninsula before Macarthur gets involved.

Fallou 4 has a mod for that

What the fuck else is there left to use as a location then

It's still a shitty game.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Jungle

Need more zones like Coerthas Highlands (Pre-ARR) from FFXIV or Hinterlands from WoW. Basically, Scottish highlands.

It might not be like Robocop or Deus Ex, but human augmentation is coming and it is coming fast.

The human brain is ridiculously flexible in how it defines the body and interprets sensory information. We will exploit that to replace lost limbs and senses, and then we will exploit that to add new senses. Imagine 360 degree vision or having an extra pair of arms: your brain can handle these with very little learning or adjustment.

Then we have genetic modification. Long term changes will be massive, but short term we just have to settle for disease resistance, longevity, and generally better health.

Then we have game-changers like Respirocytes.

Someone with disease immunity, a 200 year lifespan and the ability to sprint a mile on a single breath of air is far beyond what we call human.

Is that a fucking painting of a painting?

No, it's a digital rendition of a photograph of a painting of a painting of a burning house :^)

Human augmentation, genetic modification and better medicines are coming, the other shit they promise is meme.

>It's soft, fun and fairly pleasing to the eye.
Indeed it is.

I love settings like Dark Souls' Ash Lake, only much larger. Seemingly endless abysses, primordial worlds or those who died billions of years ago.

>A post-apocalyptic setting which has reached medieval times
>Prior to the fall it was around WW1 technology
>Fashion and architecture are far ahead of everything else due to remnants
>Kings squabble over ironclad ships, artillery, gunpowder caches
>Normally fight with medieval technology to preserve their artifacts but bring out the advanced technology in war

>Extreme tessellation.bmp

Mountain blade Napoleonic wars.

Adventure time's setting is bretty good. I'd definitely want to see an open world based on that.

This. We need Epic Mahabharata games.

Yooooo. Gimme a decent hack and slash where I can be Shiva or Kali and I will be a happy man

Are there any fantasy games that capture African mythology well?

You can literally make this image in Unity in under 5 minutes. Those are even the default trees.

i wish there were any games where we explore the deepest parts of our universe, like being able to see beyond it, or after it, or somewhere that simply doesnt even exist, maybe some fabric of reality shit, it would be interesting

also some heaven themed levels? im tired of "LOL TO HELL AND BACK, BADASS DUDE xD" games, heaven is so much more interesting and mysterious

on another note, why isnt there any horror-themed renditions of christianity, theres so much to interpret about god and angels etc, im surprised noone has done something where theyre not just thedogoody guys in the clouds, but instead, interdimensional beings of unimaginable power that seek to regulate lives

>using Cred Forums pass

pilotwings 64

I'd love it if that existed. Bayonetta has hack and slash in Paradiso against angels etc, but even referring to "Christian mythology" will trigger the majority of Americans so you can't really explore those subjects without having to put a big censor/safety blanket over it to stop everyone being offended. SMT treats Christianity as a mythology since it's Japanese, but it's distanced and only briefly touches on it alongside many other religions.

No because everyone would just want to be the hero instead of some literally who.

theres a bunch of games that did this already, its proven not fun, stop asking tardo

I need some more not-early-20th-century-european-countryside in my life

What sort of gameplay would you even put onto some of these locales?

Looks like your average Uncharted cliff-climbing section. Scale this natural rock formation that just happens to look like handholds and steps by coincidence.

I still don't understand why everyone has to know

Hiroshimoot is hoping it'll become a minor maymay and a few people might pick up a pass to shitpost with it

I want this exactly, but instead of being set in a huge city it's set in a small town with maybe 500 to 1000 residents. That way it would be quite easy to create interesting interiors for every building without resorting to copy and paste. Basically I'm looking for a small village type setting, maybe with explorable surroundings like parks and farms.

Yakuza 6 will have that apparently

Earthsea.

Just fucking copypaste the whole thing if necessary.

Just give me the fucking setting.

I want it all.

But most of all the Roke Island.

>he doesn't use a Cred Forums pass

Castles and castle exteriors.
I just want more shit like the 3D PS2 Castlevania games.

Add:
boards.Cred Forums.org##.pu-lbl, blockquote > br + br:nth-last-child(2)

into your ublock origin 'my filters' and you wont see them anymore.

Courtesy of

I have this series in a single volume, only got about halfway through the first one. What makes them so good? Should I go read them now?

For me it was how the whole thing felt very atmospheric, magical for lack of a better term. And I loved that magic had some sort of limitations and the way it worked and everything about it really.

To be fair, Earthsea was one of the first fantasy series I read when I was still in elementary, so I do have some favored bias running for it.

As for yourself, well, if you don't have anything else to read, why not give this a shot?

I want to play as osmosis jones now

Dragon's Dogma.

I have a few fantasy series I've been planning on reading. I definitely want to start one, but not sure which to go for first. I could do with some input if you've read any others on this list.

>Earthsea
>Lies of Locke Lamora/Gentleman Bastard
>The Name of the Wind
>Chronicles of Amber

It's weird when you think people come here to post has an anonymous but decide to give away their personal info anyway.
>He doesn't have a dynamic ip

Cyberpunk. Though it's hard to pull off properly so the genre is probably going to be forever stuck in isometric indie titles

I can't think of that many examples.
>Chrono Trigger
>Skies of Arcadia
>WoW
>Bioshit
>Skyward Sword

What else?

I love this kind of thing.

Not him, but I recommend The Name of the Wind if you're going by that list.

Not a fan of The Name of the Wind. Something about it just reads very poorly. Almost formulaic.

Chronicles of Amber are another fantastic series and in this case, if you had to pick between that and Earthsea, I'd tell you to go with Amber.

Never read the Lies stuff, so I can't offer any opinion on it.

Banjo-Tooie

I remember one in FFXII, but there are probably lots in all the other FFs too.

>like to paint landscapes
>this entire thread

Goat simulator

youtube.com/watch?v=RG9TMn1FJzc

Forbidden Woods in Bloodborne is a great forest area.

Bas Lag

Thats some tense shit user.

I know. It took me a few goes to watch it all.

Easy to model at least.

Dark souls settings.

youtube.com/watch?v=LEnCz6goaB0

Is a "mountains of madness" setting too overdone?

If only bethesda had the players riding goats instead of horses for Skyrim

Open and wide ancient areas full of different biomes and ruins and shit.
Its one of the things I loved so much about Shadow of the Colossus. There are so many areas in that game that have absolutely no purpose, they're just there to be part of a greater world and it really makes the setting beautiful.
This is also the reason why I'm looking forward to the new Zelda, since this seems to be the setting they're using in that game.

you wont see the shilltext, or you won't see the post at all?

Rain-slicked city streets at night, illuminated by the various neon lights reflected in the puddles of water on the road.

Don't leave us hangin'.

I see regular posts but without the special snowflake parts.

oops, as above

space westerns

>all of the nature/ruins shit in this thread

those are fine, but you know what really gets me hard in an action game? a fucking city/office building level. Like the one in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance or the prologue to Bayonetta 2.

Idk why i love that shit so much. Maybe because those environments are more familiar to me in real life than ruins in a volcano or whatever so its cool to see them in a game.

I want a game set in Kowloon City.

Battlefield 1943

kingdom hearts

Because it's white.

Yes, mega structures

It would be awesome

Kwaloon Walled City

There is, it's called Kowloon's Gate:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon's_Gate
Even in Japan it's considered a cult classic.

Exoplanets / abandoned cities / deep under water

Looks like Lost Izalith without the aids lava.

wow thanks user. I just find Kowloon fascinating, like it was it's own world separate from civilisation. I wish I could have visited it.

This whole thread has given me the most artistic of boners.

As for myself, I really like open and heavenly looking places, with lots of clouds, blue and white and such.

This picture really reminds me of the final setting of Skyward Sword against Demise.
I love it.

A game set in a "Dying Earth" setting.

youtube.com/watch?v=BKTkCa5nB_8

Ecco the Dolphin

Definitely not Aztec temple ruins, that shit's been done to death.

"check out how much of an old fag I am! Oh, you don't have one? Well, your opinion is invalidated because you probably started browsing Cred Forums five minutes ago"

Pretty much a join date equivalent

Joke's on you, that's Cambodia.

The site's getting too expensive to run and they're trying to convince people to buy Cred Forums passes.

>Americana

Kentucky Route Zero, kinda

There's a book I like from a being a kid called Mortal Engines that I think would made a pretty good setting.

Imagine a open world RPG where the towns and cities roam the map.

Ass creed 4
Far cry 1 and 3
Uncharted 1

Shenmue 2

Is that the one where all the cities are mobile, and the bigger cities literally chase down and eat/scavenge the smaller ones?

Would you guys play a survival game that takes place in a city, where there's 100 people playing in a server, the whole city is open and everything is explorable, and the monster is one giant monsters that stalks around the city streets, and sleeps in the streets at night.

There was a mod like this on Warcraft 3, 11 humans and 1 monster.

For kinda fantasy italy with Rennesaince arcitecture, moutainous landscapes, and a vagelly mediterranian world there is Venetica.
In it you play as the daugther of a death god who finds some macguffin moon blade and kills otherwise invulnerable monsters with it and I think you can go to the astral plane like in Legacy of Kain.

It doesn´t have much on the romantic swashbuckling side except I think the overaching plot is to save your lover who got lost defending your hometown from monsters.
Gameplay wise it is an action RPG, plays like Gothic except not as clumsy and you have a few actual skill trees.

How would that work?
Also, the gameplay would be like the Last of Us, but it would have a way better inventory system and actually have worth while things to find.

Well the warcraft 3 mod was quite simple, you just avoided the monster until a timer ran out. But it was really fun.

Oh okay, was there any survival aspects to it?

Yeah.

There could events where a larger city chases down a town your on, where you can choose to flee or stay and help it escape, but risk being captured if its eaten.

You ran around looking for items, like nets which would disable the monster for like 5 seconds, stuff like that. It was just meant for some quick fun that you played once in a while and not a game that you played hours upon hours. Which I enjoyed because it was easy to play and fun.

i got so many replies but none on topic :/

Cred Forums Pass user since December 2013.

deep underground
i want to see the fucking underdark some more god damn it
fuckin glowing mushrooms and drow an shit

That sounds cool. I wish I was older so I could have experienced the glory days of Warcraft 3. I only played through the campaign.

don't do this it makes your pc shoot mustard race gas from the disc tray

Kill yourself
i
l
l

y
o
u
r
s
e
l
f

After a couple of years those tiny maps spawned tons of other maps, like vampires were you would build bases to survive against the vampires. You even had other maps were your goal was to build up your hero so you could defeat the vampire but you could only do if you did it together and the vampire couldn't survive during days. You basically had people with crazy ideas being able to create them.

>he doesn't use pass despite dynamic IP
Why would that even affect you?

what other shit?

>Cred Forums Pass user since December 2013.
This is the first step on the Road To Reddit

Ha ha ha ha, surely you jest!

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

we central park now

Gimme some Arzach, Naussica of the Valley of the Wind, and Morrowind level shit niggas

I want games that aren't set in some setting that is just some pale approximation of some real life place.
I want a game that mixes settings and ideas in a way that is original and organic.

Under ocean that moves to deep sea then eventually leads to the black fathomless depths.

N'zoth when?

Far Cry 3

Subnautica.

lol what a newfag

>tfw no good swamp levels

This image by itself is really A E S T H E T I C

late to reply, but some Star Trek adventure point and click felt like this.

>tfw trying to imagine a Far Cry game set in mostly desert environment

After watching The Good The Bad and the Weird I want FC5 set in 19th century Manchuria.

I'd recommend watching the movie too. Is on Netflix.

Trains, Japanese army, local mongol gangs. Is a terrific environment

fuck this picture

a game set in a 17th century syphilis ward

Sid Meier's Pirates

>swamp levels
>good

Name one

Pike and Shotte/Late Renaissance time periods
You've got great kings, large scale wars, religious conflicts, New World Colonization, and a change in social structure as gunpowder changes who can control power

cambodian temple is definitely my favorite.

In general, cambodian temple and mayan ruins are some of my favorite. they were fairly big in the 90's and im not sure why, but theyve since fallen out of favor for egyptian or "generic ruins".

This. Alternatively, OOT had this too, though at the end in the same way of Skyward Sword, as well as the Dark Link fight in the water temple.

>user
>can read

Pick one

I want to play a game that looks like this.

>1/2 A esthetic
What did he mean by this?

I really want to see games make far more use of the vertical plane, especially with fantastical settings. So many damn games are flat as hell. Even in cyberpunk game you pretty much are restricted to the ground floor.

>Even in cyberpunk game you pretty much are restricted to the ground floor
>implying that's not thematically appropriate for cyberpunk

There is a SLIM possibility that Bethesda will do it for valenwood.

It looks like a hardcore version of kolibri

Maybe generic fictionalized versions of aztec templs as specific one off levels

But there are almost zero games that actually have pre-colonization central america as a setting with actual somewhat accurate aztec cities

cool, just youtubed it as never seen that before. Reminds me of this a bit.

>nearly 500 posts

Thanks, Cred Forums, it was a neat thread we had today.

Pilotwings and Wii Sport Resort

Mononoke Hime > Naussica

In terms of story maybe, but Naussica has the better setting.

No it hasn't, Naussica goes to crazy.

>trip on a rock
>die in a mk stage fatality

>structuring your post like a newfag

You sure showed him

>if I use a smug reaction image they won't know that I'm mad

yes

I feel you bro, but then I played no man's sky. Get it dude! You won't refund it!

i wish there was a game where you could do literally nothing besides wandering around in ancient greece imo

Literally Uncharted used this place

I want to see more living/organic settings like in Aliens or what the Tyranids do to a planet.

I want an urban setting though and not necessarily a lifesim game, more of like an adventure game.

There's that Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan game on Steam but otherwise, there really aren't any to my knowledge.

you can't make me go back to Gw: Factions.

Maybe not quite the same thing, but Ninja Gaiden 2 had Sky City Tokyo, the very first level, which was one of the ONLY times a level in a Ninja Gaiden game were ever especially cool-looking aesthetically. They really need to just set a whole game there, really.

Super Mario Sunshine

Is this why Nishimura was sorry?

freelancer.

Are there any good open world rpg/rpg like games that take place in a real world mid evil setting?

That whole world was so based.

Diddy Kong Racing

First thing I thought as well. Fucking Kaineng

>living/organic settings
>structures in thumbnail looks just like female asses stuck in the wall
Fuck.

They want you to put your seed inside them to make more eggs.

youtube.com/watch?v=hBlBtP3-x_w

Bottom of the ocean.

Is this the new form of tripfagging?

>see picture.
>Think about this
youtube.com/watch?v=o6nJysVtCrM
>Start laughing.

You guys have ruined me.

There's only Kingdom Come: Deliverance that comes to mind, but that isn't out yet.

far cry 3

All the halos do. The Halos are literally megastructures.

that was cool. i knew about a few of those places before but didnt realize that some locations were direct copies of real places

test

>our tax dollars are paying for the bombs that are blowing up these buildings as we speak
thanks obama