Why are you so adamantly opposed to cinematic experiences?

Why are you so adamantly opposed to cinematic experiences?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aPsAoxLAhCk&t=6m02s
youtube.com/watch?v=mzV4eOMKYpw
youtube.com/watch?v=urSztx2IXAQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off ponyshit

whats the challenge?

If I wanted a cinematic experience I'd go to the cinema.

play on the hardest difficulty you sperg.

>movie games
please no, I would rather play it than have to press next 20 times during each cut scene

shit thread

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2012.

What defines cinematic experience?
I played red dead redemption and i thought it captured pretty well the feeling of western movies while not falling into the "cinematic" category

They're the best when you are playing with others/socially

What's an adamant ?

Hardest metal on earth.

What bothers me really is how many there are right now, like it's the way to go. I think videogames can be so much more than just an art form we already know

>what defines cinematic experiences?

Something I don't like.

ADHD

Setpieces designed to push you around rather than vice versa. Especially jarring are QTEs and "hold forward because literally no other input does anything" segments.

Both are shit

I like cinematic stuff when it's shown through the gameplay, like in God of War.
If it's just cutscene after cutscene, then it's boring.

There seems to be a bigger focus on awful writing and extended cutscenes bloating the budget and runtime instead of fun gameplay.

I want to place my genitals into the equine pegasus that is of many hues and is quite expedite.

>Great multiplayer mode
Nobody cared about the multiplayer in Last of Us, even though it was at least passable.

I don't play games to watch cutscenes senpai

what the fug

If you hate cinematic games but like Star Fox 64, you're a hypocrite.

youtube.com/watch?v=aPsAoxLAhCk&t=6m02s

A material that no longer exists on Earth because of elves.

Star Fox 64 was such a great game. Where did it all go wrong?

why are you such a fag

Cred Forums Pass user since November 2015.

>great graphics
>well-written
I needed this laugh.

I'm not. I love Legacy of Kain and fuck knows that you don't play those games for the engaging gameplay. If you enjoy something, then you enjoy it. There's nothing wrong with it.

Also that gif is cute.

Star Fox 64 isn't what you would call 'cinematic' by modern standards.

youtube.com/watch?v=mzV4eOMKYpw

Why are you so adamantly opposed to following global rule 15, you autistic horsefucker?

This is gold.

Cinematic experiences are fine when the game knows when to be a movie and when to be a game.

You're the one who's bringing up horses.

:^)

I dont see any horses

Is barneycunt finally dead? Are we free?

Cred Forums pass user since 2011

Is this a little boy singing?

This is a better comparison.

as long as he remains in people's memories he will never truly be dead

It's actually a girl user

Jesus christ

IMO ponies are fine but you all nerds need to fuck off and lose virginity. he was just posting an cartoon to start the thread and nobody else, just you, had a problem with that and needed to address that you know all the childrens comics but dont know any of your local area girls

have a shit life user. have a shit life.

Ah yes, "girls". We have dismissed that claim.

>defending Heavy Rain

unless you can make a better game yourself, shut your stupid face

ebin mass effect memes :)

like i'm actually an attack helicopter right user?

cinematic experiences are fine. It's when the cinematic experiences overtake the game, and the game itself turns into a half assed attempt at cinema with only the bare minimum in interactivity to still allow itself to be called a "game".

the last of us is a good example of a game right on the line. Uncharted has slowly drifted from the former to the latter over time.

but those games sell so naturally the less actual programming they have to do, the more they'll exploit this until people stop buying.

no, bitching about it won't help, no, you saying "hey Cred Forums stop buying these games" won't help because even if every person on Cred Forums stopped buying games forever, not a damn thing would change. We make up barely a percent of a percent of a percent of the gaming market in it's entirety.

N I C E
M
E
M
E

Cinematic experiences are intrinsically wrong a priori. This assertion is self-evident, requires no proof, and admits none.

Id rather pay 10 dollars for a movie ticket than 60 dollars for a movie that has me press buttons every so often

i like it too, that's why i usually play along

What uninspired reddit garbage.
This is what happens when you let redditors in and they just repeat the memes without understanding what makes them funny.

Yup, the Cred Forumsgas were the first step into a dark, bottomless pit. We're still falling five years later.

after runite, of course.

>reading comprehension

>proving his point

If I want a movie I can turn on my VCR.

Well "I" like it

I don't care.
Heavy Rain is not worth defending no matter the context.

Well "you" have a shitty, reddity taste

Because most vidya writers are absolute garbage, especially ones that go out of their way to make """"cinematic experiences"""".

I'm fine with games that try to be cinematic, I think the biggest problem is them being trendy and spilling over to other genres. I believe it's just a phase though.

It breaks the flow of a game.

Uncharted 4 and MGS4 are two examples of this.

You're a fucking idiot.

and?

>Make a thread about video games
>Gets deleted
>See this thread still up
What the fuck?

Technically, only the pic isn't vidya related

the image isn't defending it

You managed to miss the point 3 times now where no one is defending Heavy Rain, it's the exact opposite.

you always shit on good games then say your poop simulator is better than all these actually good games. fuck off hipster

All the points you give him are raining on his head heavily

>being a VCRcuck
Get the fuck out you loser Betamax is future

youtube.com/watch?v=urSztx2IXAQ
Sums it all up

I'm not.
That's why I watch movies every now and then.

I'm not saying anything other than you managed to misunderstand the picture, you retard.

I'm not opposed to them, I just wish people would stop calling them video games.

It's like comparing novels and comics. Completely different mediums that are basically impossible to compare 1:1.

>bearing the mark of shame

pass users be like

better than nigposting

>story is bad
>games with story focus are bad by the third or so time you replay them
>uses TLOU as an example
This guy's argument is destroyed by RPGs. I and many others replay VTMB, Deus Ex, and FONV time and time again. They all have pretty good stories, lots of dialog, focus on characters, etc. And yet they're very replayable. Story isn't the problem, hand holding cinematic shit full of scripted events (like TLOU) is the problem.

MGS4 was a mistake

(Me)

And we thought we were joking about facebookchan.

If only we knew how wrong we were to underestimate human malignancy.

wow they really werent kidding with Cred Forums cartoons being racist hate symbols. just look at you

>he can't afford a Cred Forums pass

kek

>he gives his data to a guy with proven history of selling that shit to the highest bidder

Because they're video games, not films. Cinematic experiences are for cinema.

Cred Forums passes have a very egalitarian pricing scheme. The rich pay more than the poor.

That is because in addition to a small sum of money, you also pay all of your dignity.

you gave your personal information to this guy

good job retard

I'm opposed to gameplay being replaced by shitty cinematics. If I wanted an hour of cinematics I'd just watch a movie.

>Im retarded and cant see obvious bait threads and posts
Doesnt matter if (you) can see it or not, its still breaking GR15.

>Paying money to this shithole of a site
You're legitimately a cuck holy shit, i thought they were just fiction

>all of your dignity
It's $15, you melodramatic teenager.

there is no such thing as movie games or cinematic experiences, except for stuff like asuras wrath but even then you are still interactively playing the game, and it is never once like it is a movie. people who think this way are Cred Forums bots and elitists who think games have gone bad, but it's them who have gotten bad.

Adagio Dazzle > Sonata Dusk.

Why for you show off that you have the pass?

kek i can't even imagine not having $15 disposable income...then again this board is full of pfats that wait 6 years to get a game they want so it'll hopefully be on sale during the steam summer sale for $2.99

Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

can u loan me ur pass i just want to try it ill give it right back
or can i buy it on steam

>He pays money to post on this trash site
>He wants to actively support this trash site and the retards who ran and moderated it
How beta can you get lmao

>he thinks $15 is in anyway significant
>he thinks I bought this pass to support the site

>be Cred Forums pass supporter.
>insane mod bans you for posting a totally sfw picture because they have their own version of the rules they follow.

This is why I would never, ever support Cred Forums even in my darkest, great old one haunted nightmares.

Hiro needs to make insulting pass members bannable. It literally falls under flaming which is against the rules. (not joking)

> Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

feels like mods should give me 15$ for continuing to post here. absolute garbage of an website

I'm too cheap to buy a pass but eh, lets you bypass the captcha. For 15 bucks I can see why some people would buy one.

Who gives a fuck about supporting the site?

> Cred Forums Pass user since October 2016.

why you´d pay money to some autistic ass manchild website that bans you for posting wrong cartoons or for showing a nipple? are you guys fucking retarded for real?

>lets you bypass the captcha
No joke, this is why I bought it.

I also used to story time on Cred Forums, so that was the driving factor of my hate of the captchas

t. barneyfag

Totally legit. Plus good for dumping if you care enough to dump.

>All these faggots acting like Cred Forums is shit and still spend 4+ hours a day shitposting

What's the name of the song in the background?

oh yeah that pisses you off? i dont give a shit im taking mlp avatar for steam now you can rage all you want and if it makes you fags mad its a good thing

its one of the songs from the horse show, dont know which

Barneyfag ain't reddit.

It's "Smile Song" from S02E18.

Metal second to Rune.

>indirectly supporting this site
I mean dumping and shitposts must be easier to do I guess and it's beneficial in those cases but I don't want to pay to support the hellhole in trapped in. I want out.

Because I play video games to play a game not watch a fucking movie. Go to Jewllywood if you want to make a shitty movie.

>i've been here since 2012 and so I get to decide what's allowed on Cred Forums

fuck off buddy.

The site is merely entertaining at the least. It's just not worth supporting when you hate most of the other faggots you're forced to share it with.

The humor is reddity, like if it was done by /r/Cred Forums reading about wacky memes and meme personas.

>People who buy 4chinks passes are retarded animeposters

Who would've thought.

And before some nigger chimps out on me, I know Cirno isn't anime.

>I am here since 2010 so I'm old enough to call other newfags
SPOILERS: Even if you remembered "/l/ - loli" on the sidebar like I do, you will still be a permanent newfag if you are a redditism enabler who lets in all sorts of normies and women

This thread should be used as proof that we can have actual discussion in these kind of threads witout barneyfag sperging out and derailing shit.

Barneyfag is a bona fide autist, you can't reason with him.

>>People who buy 4chinks passes are retarded animeposters
Touhou isn't anime, you fu-
>And before some nigger chimps out on me, I know Cirno isn't anime.
N-NANI?!

I am not, I am opposed to it when it's the majority, or, hell, I can be opposed to it when it's a minority. It's all about balance, if I don't feel like there's enough gameplay and it's straight walking simulator, then it's a shit game. If story it tries to tell is shit, directed like shit, then it's a shit game if it claims to be a story-driven game.

dumb womanposter