ITT: DLC done right

ITT: DLC done right.

true, but it's ironic since horse armor was the godfather of the worst excesses of DLC

It's called an expansion pack. Because your pic is basically saying expacs are DLC done right, which is wrong.

That is not DLC, I think.

exactly this, there are no more expansion packs. It's all DLC now, as such, they're shit.

But a good example, The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls series.

I don't know if it was a bug or I was doing something wrong, but the face portal just kept calling me not worthy and never let me into shivering isles.

DLC is literally just downloadable content.

It was technically DLC, since it could be downloaded. I know what you mean though. Generally any DLC which are actually full blown expansions are always quite good. I'm a firm believer in expanding upon great games rather than releasing a brand new one 2 years later. The Halo series always felt like the DLC was done right. Map packs sure, but they weren't overly expensiven and they added a lot to the MP.

it ended up meaning so much more than that, mate.

Shivering Isles is an expansion. The Night of the Raven is an expansion.

Weapon pack and skin shit are DLC, if you can even put those in the same category, you're retarded.

Does it count if there's a physical copy, though? Because then by your definition, literally any game that's available on Steam is "DLC."

>There are people among us at this very moment that are too young to have ever bought an expansion pack

Well, if we take it literally, then that would be the case.

But the problem is, the gap between what is called a expansion pack and to what is called these days as DLC in terms of content are so large that we can say that it's one of the key differences between a expac and a DLC.

Like, say a wrpg and a jrpg. Sure, it only means RPGs made in the west or in Japan if we take it literally, but their differences are so obvious that the meaning of the word goes beyond the literal.

The first Dark Souls one and the Old Hunters

Despite the pacing issues and tonal inconsistency of the main story, I thoroughly enjoyed BaW.

Easily the most beautiful location I've ever played in a video game.

lel did they manage to fix it?

obligatory

Meh.

Ballad of gay Tony is rockstars best dlc.

Shivering Isles was boring as fuck though. The high point was the first room dissolving into butterflies, everything else was downhill from there.

It's been fixed for quite a while now.

>he prefers Skyrim to Morrowind

This

>This
>This
>This
>This
>This
>This

>be 12
>buy morrowind goty looks fun
>lol how do i even regen, try sleep
>ninjas waking me up and killing me with no explanation

yes loved tribunal

>Done right
>Still buggy to this day

So you want to call diablo 2 lod is a dlc ?

Despite preferring SoA, ToB was still enjoyable to me.

Diablo 2's expansion was excellent
Diablo 3's managed to make the game worth playing which is a pretty nice achievement for them.

No.Even TLAD was better than Gay Tony

>Can't save the girl at the start because she always dies from drinking the blood
Fucking bioshit

Expansion packs that you can download are still DLC and they are sometimes referred to and marketed as DLC expansion packs so people know it's DLC with actual content.

Basically fuck off retards.

TLAD is their best DLC. Next to Gay Tony, they haven't made any decent DLC.

Just got around to playing it for the first time ever a week ago when it was on sale. I love it, too bad there aren't more servers for it.

>hurr let me debate semantics

you're a fucking moron.

You're the one arguing over semantics fuck face.

You are all kinds of messed up.

I told you from the get go that DLC and Expansions are not even in the same category and you went full neckbeard on me with "uhmm actually they're both technically DLC" and shit.

As I said before, if you consider a skin pack to be the same deal as shivering isles, then you're a retard. It doesn't matter that (((TECHNICALLY))) both can be downloaded and THEREFORE they're both DLC.

>DLC and Expansions are not even in the same category
They are precisely in the exact same category: adding more content to a game.

>Like, say a wrpg and a jrpg. Sure, it only means RPGs made in the west or in Japan if we take it literally, but their differences are so obvious that the meaning of the word goes beyond the literal.
Except it doesn't. Jrpgs are literally rpgs made in Japan. Nothing more nothing less.

I bet you're one of the faggots who thinks Dark Souls isn't a jrpg.

bethesda are pretty good when it comes to DLC, other than the infamous horse armour

this was only good because modders ported the changes over to the GC, CA is lazy as fuck

Hopefully they'll be of the same quality in the sequel.

so does this count as a DLC? an expansion? or a standalone?

10/10 taste.

What level should I do this shit?

Nah, Operation Anchocringe and Mothershit Delta were absolute dogshit.

Stand alone expac? Thats what I always saw Forged Alliance being called. But Blood Dragon is actually completely different from Far Cry 3 so idk.

Zeta*, whatever

oh fug, i completely forgot about fallout games

HoS is 10 times better.