Have you ever played a game against a pro, Cred Forums?

Have you ever played a game against a pro, Cred Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RIez53JJB1Y
twitter.com/pcgamer/status/745141070183313413/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah. I rubbed elbows with b4nny and the upper echelon of TF2 peeps back in the day.

I played against Alex Valle in the BYOC at EVO this year

Back when G4 had just merged with TechTV, I played Battlefield 1942 against Fatal1ty. He was garbage at it.

yeah overwatch matchmaking is kind of fun for that reason

I was in a 3v3 Rocket League match against an MLG champ teamed with 2 of the game devs but that's as close as I've gotten.

Played Rocket League against a pro with the RLCS title

no i play with noobs who call other people noobs

and then go online to see how losers call losers losers

>you only get one shot starts playing

I was playing the Assault game mode on SMITE a while back, when pretty much all of Dire Wolves (Second place for Oceania Regionals) were on the enemy team. Needless to say, they made any combination of gods on their team work in perfect sync, and absolutely tore us 6 new assholes.

I've had to play Daigo at EVO on the main stage for my pool's winner finals twice. In 2011 for MvC3, when he pretended to play it, and last year for USFIV. I lost to him, got out of my pool in loser and went on to play Yep, the "famous" USFIV Gen player.

I've played all the SoCal SF players that have won anything, but outside of Snake Eyes I'm not sure if you could call any of them "pro"

anyone have the video when the guy on the left fights a noob that has no idea how to play?

youtube.com/watch?v=RIez53JJB1Y

>the "famous" USFIV Gen player.

You mean Xian?

Snake Eyez is all washed up now.

>xbox one
kek

I played against Sako on EVO once, does that count?

Played against a few CS pros back in the early 2000's when I tried to git gud. Recently I mostly just play against pros in Overwatch, met tons in the beta and play against them almost daily in ranked.

I don't know how the fuck I wrote "Yep." The dude's name is Yeb, and he was one of the main pioneers of Gen tech in SFIV.

He hasn't transitioned very well to SFV, but he would still be considered more of a pro player than the other SoCal dudes due to sponsorship and tournament results.

I also forgot to mention Latif, the Guilty Gear and C. Viper player started in my local scene, so I've played him quite a bit.

Fought plenty of pros on Street Fighter V since no casuals play it anymore.

Biggest call to fame is taking a round off of Phenom

Stabby tons of times in TF2
even shanked him like... twice

I went to New York during the USF4 days, i.e. last year, and played against most of the notable players at Next Level. Most of them probably don't qualify as 'pros,' but I did play Arturo.

Played faceit with gnarcandy I think it was, it was some female csgo pro lol who was a team captain and stopped playing to stream. She sucked horribly but she kept not voting for a map and we kept queuing onto her team and after about 45 minutes of failed queues someone made a joke and the person got really mad and said "don't talk to me like that u deserve respect" then someone asked if they were on their period and then we found out it was an actual chick and she flipped then we found out it was I think gnarcandy. She kept canceling matches and we only played a couple roujds and she sucked horribly then started bitching. Then she tweeted about sexism in gaming and how horrible men are. When she had just been ruining everyones time on face it. I'll try and find the tweets since I made a burner twitter and posted screen shots lol

Played CS with members of Renegades if that counts.

I played pretty much anyone in 4k back in my WC3 days.

Also played online against Jwong, Sanford, Cast Blanka, Lud, AndyOCR... uh, Gootecks and SherryJenix.

Played online against some pros in SF5. Lost to RayRay just like Daigo!

No

speaking of fatal1ty, for quake's anniversary pc gamer set up a few quakeworld servers

fatal1ty came on and absolutely murdered us

twitter.com/pcgamer/status/745141070183313413/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

stabby used to (maybe still does) play endless amounts of tf2center; i played some with him but never really felt like i was getting as destroyed as i should have been

I played Firebat on Hearthstone ranked ladder once.

I lucksacked him with Yog-Saron. Felt good.

>Just need 1 more game to rank up
>Get matched against someone currently at top 10

How is that fun?

yeah i played SF4 with chirithy a bunch of times in person

SF4 is a bad game though so I really couldn't tell the difference between him and anyone else.

When Halo Reach came out my friends and I played about 5 games against a team of MLG Halo players.

I've played Melee and Brawl friendlies vs M2k. Me and my buddy were in doubles pools with Axe and Taj and Genesis 2. We got thrashed. Taj mostly just hung out at one end of the stage while Axe almost single handedly beat us.

Some people in the UK/EU melee scene. Stuff's way more humble here though so it's not a huge deal to play friendlies with them.

Found em

Dude's understandably great at quake, but Battlefield just wasn't his thing. I was so proud when I'd beaten him as kid. Felt like I'd shut out Michael Jordan at 1v1.

Her complaininf about sexism when people just wanted her to let us play a match when she kept canceling them.

>FNAF
>Undertale's gay robot socks
>Deadpool cap

this IS cringe, its like a real meme teenager

>SF5 on Xbox Juan
wow

Kinda. Played csgo dm against some lowtier esea teams sub or some shit. At least he called himself pro and went off about pubstompers and shit like that.

Gootecks and Wong handled that surprisingly well

Chances are you've played against some of the female pro players without realizing because they used to be nova to AK rank and now they just drag a team down on their boosted GE rank.

Many times.

I won a few small tournaments in various games as well.

It makes me sad that I don't have the time for it anymore due to work. The ego boost you get is amazing.

It feels like lot of people think pro players just pick up a game and are instantly masters of it, when in reality all you really need to do is practice a shitload and then practice some more.

i got to play against draskyl and his stack of pros in dota

>a game against a pro
no

>a game against a really successful and skilled streamer who defeated several pros on several occasions and isn't a pro himself simply because he thought streaming is more fun
yes
I got destroyed

Played two matches against rox.kis in cod:mw promod
We held pretty gud, but lost both times

Could be. It was after the big rank shuffle, and i was mge at the time. He/she got pretty upset after some bants and went on about "you never could go pro" which is true, im a shitter. Havent played in ages, prob couldnt reach mg right now

Made over 2000 dollars playing a dead game against talespin, stoop crime and coolmatt69 every week in ESL tournaments.

I once played bf3 with various youtubers and Dice devs.

I don't know if the youtubers were famous and I don't recall their names, but I did so well they eventually banned me from their server.

Before the ranks got all fucked up the female "pros" were maybe aks if even that. My post was about playing with gnarcandy in faceit and her being a huge cunt and trash and that was back then and I think she was nova 4. Even the male pros had trouble being GE because of the time needed on the wins and they don't really care. Most of the female pros got it before the shuffle and just play with carries to keep it. It's like the shittiest thing ever to have a pro player on the other team and you get a chick pro who's an absolute joke. Watching a female pro match is like watching novas go at it it's unreal how bad they are. If you are in the US and play faceit or ESEA you've probably been stuck with one, even in MM probably.

CS:GO is a bad game though so who cares

How does one invest so much in a vidya and not be fat and ugly.

sure you did

Nah, im nordic yurop. I didnt really have to deal with many "pros" aside from that one. Even ip blocking east europe servers didnt save me from russians

yep. Square Enix was dumping money into a dying game in weekly tourneys. You literally had to show up and were given money for 1-3rd place. Built my computer with the money over time.

I played with DeMoN on my team in dota 2 before

it was fun as fuck.

I believe being at a high as fuck MMR you constantly play with and against random pros in dota 2 as well

I'm an online warrior, so I haven't. But when uniel was pretty active on ps3 I did go against a couple of people that were top on the leaderboards. I could hold my own but I couldn't close out rounds. "Met" some of those players again on dengeki and beat them convincely, but that doesn't mean much since it's a simple game.

The closest I have to a local scene is 8 on the break. But the only reason I go there is for initial D. Any other places in northern Jersey/nyc area aside from nlbc?

Unknowingly played against HAL_9000 once. Raped me so hard I ended up with a third hole.

I did a scrim with navi in cs:go back when I was good because 1.6 skills. I fucked their shit up and didn't get an invite.

I used to be so god damn good at that game then passed my prime and 4 years has passed.

my mate was on team australia for halo so i guess that counts

Kbrad came to my locals for USF4 once. He completely killed me with his Cammy but I got a game on his Decapre. Really chill guy.

god this turns me on

>the guy in the back expression change at :10

went from smiling to complete face frown in .015 seconds flat

Sanford Kelly lives right by a friend of mine and worked in the Waldbaums near me for a while.

Queensfag here