What's going on up there? Certainly not a Warcraft lore thread

What's going on up there? Certainly not a Warcraft lore thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xyPzTywUBsQ?t=470
youtube.com/watch?v=9rFE8HzIijY
youtube.com/channel/UCjVDQloX4cIpGqpM6mdyD2Q/videos
wowhead.com/item=90140/robes-of-the-betrayer
youtube.com/watch?v=BLf5h25107k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I farted

Hello dear Sir or Madam, it seems as if you missed the containment thread on the containment board for this particular game, might I direct you on over to the containment thread over at
Thank you.

friendly reminder that garrosh did nothing wrong.

nah we're gonna talk about it here and there's nothing you can do about it

VOTE TRUMP AND DEPORT THE ORCS

EVERY ORC IS A GARROSH WAITING TO HAPPEN

Friendly reminder, Gul'dan was right

If he did nothing wrong, he'd have been successful.

its stratholme
now close the thread

#MakeAzerothGreatAgain

He's dead now.

>Inb4 New LK resses him as a DK

In BC alpha, that place was planned on being part of the Blood Elf starting area, and if you swam over there it was called the Northern Plaguelands. It was supposed to be where the Forsaken were going to meet the Blood Elves, but that idea was later used for the Ghostlands and the Northern Plaguelands was apparently abandoned entirely.

Why do I even play Alliance. The story is so fucking boring, high fantasy do gooders. While Horde doesn't seem to have an expansion where we kill their lore important characters.

Also, I prefered the old gods being Lovecraftian, instead of just uber void lord beings.

Also, should I level my Paladin, Rogue, Priest or Monk next?

Paladin if you want to tank.
Rogue if you want to DPS.
Priest if you want to heal.
Monk if you're indecisive and want to do something different every other day.

This might sound like a dumb question but bear with me, I haven't played WoW in a long time.

I know that a few of the classes are able to fulfill all three roles in the trinity, so realistically would it be viable to have a dungeon/raid party comprised of entirely Paladins or Druids? Or would that just not work based on the current makeup of class abilities and such?

So what the fuck is Elune?
Is she another titan world soul that lives in the moon?

Probably blizz sandbox or office

>WoW
>lore

Paladins? No because they can't be ranged DPS.
Druids? Sure but then everyone would be rolling for the same loot so it's never going to happen.

Probably only pointless mountains

It's been done before. Hell, Heroic Blackhand in WoD was beaten by 25 tank spec DKs when it was current content.

>tfw discipline never became the cloth tank based on monks you wanted it to be

Why isn't Stratholme a port city then?

Why all the mountains in the shores of Azeroth?

It doesn't make sense geographically

If Blizz knew they could just run with 2 specs on a class, they wouldn't have even made Disc a thing.

it's like you're implying blizzard put any thought at all into the geography of azeroth

Why? they were always different from holy priests. Holy paladins though, I could see them not existing with the justification being that priests are the paladins healsluts.

I thought the same thing a few years ago, then learned that all the continents were united once, so the western side of the eastern kingdoms and the eastern side of kalimdor were once on the inside of the continent

They obviously didn't, there are areas with different maps across 4 different games.

My questions is, WoW comes and it's one seamless world, everything is in front of their eyes, how come they didn't realize that "oh look, this place is next to the sea, let's not surround it with pointless mountains". They did it with Stormwind in Wrath and it was a great decision, but they should have done so from the beginning.

The mountains allow them to put different zones near each other without having to come up with transition zones.

wow is full of seams
why would they bother creating a port for a city that's just an instance from vanilla that nobody cares about anymore

So how is The Emperor and the spacemarines being his "bulwark against the terror" any different from Sylvanas and the forsaken being her "bulwark against the infinite".

Is she just a rip off of him. Will she end up living forever unmoving on a valkyressence throne.

It's gonna be tied to the azshara expansion featuring N'Zoth.

Screencap this.

people have been saying this since Ulduar came out

Itll be a starting area for another horde race.

warcraft has always been copying warhammer

>use the pillars of creation to destroy the big legion portal
>rips a piece out of azeroth
>n'zoth was slumbering beneath it
>place "crawling out of the pit cinematic" here
>wait for next expansion begins

Northern Lordaeron.

Okay, I meant "seamless" as in "one continent where everything is in the same instance", you get the idea.

>why would they bother creating a port for a city that's just an instance from vanilla that nobody cares about anymore
It's literally 20 reused assets and a tweak in the geography, it's two days worth of work.

But in those cases where you could have a coast that's not connected to another area's coast, it doesn't make sense not to have it. Blizz knows this, that's why they are slowly changing the shores of Azeroth, like with Blasted Lands.

thats stratholme you retard

How do the forsaken have so many ships? They dont even have a port.

>another horde race starting in northern eastern kingdoms

pls no

I'm banking on a South Seas with a Harbor and Ships to replace Garrisons. Goblin Island for the Horde, Kul Tiras for the Alliance.

they'd have to redesign the entire instance to add a port seeing theres no paths in stratholme that actually lead to the north side, then add a shoreline and add a harbor, that's a non-trival amount of work to satisfy your autism, it's not like anything else in wow is remotely realistic

>Goblin Island for the Horde

God no. I hate goblin zones

magic
shut up

It's going to be an Azshara expansion...but not what you think.

>Jaina becomes BFF with N'Zoth
>Freezes the entire ocean, killing all underwater mechanics
>Hijacks Azshara's kingdom, minions and power with her corrupted icy powers.

Also
>Turns out Azshara was aiding the Legion in order to prevent N'Zoth's awakening.
>Champions of the Horde and Alliance need to enter an uneasy pact with Azshara to help her reclaim her kingdom and finally put down Elsa for good.

The Emperor did what he did Humanity. Sylvanas does what she does for herself.

>Azshara expansion
>every zone is a underwater zone

We'll see about that

And everyone will sing to Blizz:
>LET IT GO
>LET IT GOOOOO
>DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS GAME ANYMOREEEEE

It will probably happen, desu. The priest dagger could be implying just that, when it talks about the Raven turning the key.

>But I am subbed
>And subbed I'll stay
>Even when the drought carries oooooon...

>WoD never bothered me anyway

>Winterspring - the expansion

Would resub

It could be chill as fuck

wotlk says hello

Which is why you need Jaina to freeze everything.

How could anyone care about the lore anymore? What's canon and what isn't is completely changed on a whim, not to mention that characters can do a complete 180 on their behaviour if Metzen's corruption fetish demands it.

that made me breathe through my nose

>Metzen
bro he retired

The zone was original meant to contain a level 70 Dragon Isles raid back in Vanilla.
Obviously you couldn't reach 70 in vanilla, so it was probably scrapped before they even decided what the max level was.

Its basically just the physical location of Stratholme now.

Its not a port because it has mountains between it and the sea.

>Why all the mountains in the shores of Azeroth?
Because most the shores of Azeroth were not shores at one point, northern Lordaeron would have fed into land that no longer exists. Google the Pre Sundering Azeroth map.

that pic legit?

Goblin zones are the best

Something about that industrial new york look is cozy to me.

Because zones aren't 1:1 Azeroth - they're little snapshots of what's important. Stratholme isn't really a port, at least I don't think there's anything in the lore about that.

They had plans for "Northeron" back during vanilla, but nothing came of it and when they did Burning Crusade, they more or less ended any hope of visiting that area, since Quel'Thalas is technically a part of the Outlands map.

Interestingly enough, "Quel'Thalas" is still a zone you can get to, but it's fairly hard. Same goes for Stratholme, which is fully realized in the EK map, including the unused portal to Naxxramas.

Its from the Looking for Group documentary.

youtu.be/xyPzTywUBsQ?t=470

nice
what time?

Here's a physical map of the area. I didn't know there was a tower. I want to visit it now.

That makes sense. The Outlands was planned to be part of the EK map as well, IIRC. You used to be able to exploit your way in through Deadmines (I think it was Deadmines).

Also fuck the mods, I was five pages away from my Yotsuba storytime. Who deletes Yotsuba on fucking Cred Forums? Death is too generous for that shit-fucking janitor.

It should be in the linked at the correct time, the next 10 or so seconds he talks about the early map and goes on to talk about dragon isles.

7:50-8:10~.

Bane?

Why would the remains of Draenor be on Azeroth?

>Andorhal north of Strahnbrad
>East of Alterac
>Absolutely NOWHERE for Southshore to be
>Durnholde is west of Aerie Peak
>Hearthglen south southeast of Stratholme

I really wonder why they didn't try to keep Azeroth's geography the same as WC3's map.

nice
I never knew

The story doesn't have anything to do with faction, it's all demons and shit no matter what you play.

Because like I said, it's not supposed to be perfect. They're just approximations of everything so the player can experience what it would be like to be in that zone.

Obviously the Capital City is huge, but flying around the ruins there's no way it could support tens of thousands of people. It's just artistic licence to an extreme degree - each map is both completely right and completely wrong at the same time.

The same way Azuremist Isles and Quel'Thalas are on the Outlands map.

nah WOTLK wasn't winterspring tier comfy in it's snow areas. Grizzly Hills was tho.

>The same way Azuremist Isles and Quel'Thalas are on the Outlands map.

u wot

Howling Fjord, Dragonblight and Crystalsong forest were really comfy imho

I should note that the cities being tiny is a huge annoyance of mine. Outside of Stormwind (and Straholme), the devs barely did anything for any of the other cities until Dalaran and Gilneas came. Stromgarde is a collection of random buildings, Alterac is a small keep at best, and even Dalaran is the size of a small town.

You can fly straight to Silvermoon by flying over Black Temple. Well, you could if it wasn't blocked off and you could survive the fatigue damage, but that's where they are.

Not on the "world map" of Outland, but the Draenei and Blood Elf starting zones exist within the same "instance" of the world that Outland does, if that makes sense. Something like if you can fly far enough east from Outland you eventually see Azuremyst Isle.

I want to die, I shouldn't get this reference, but I do.

Test

How do people get screenshots like this? Is there a way to turn up the draw distance so every far-away landmass doesn't look like a foggy blob?

the starting zones of belf and draenei are in the same map where outland is, you can basically fly there, but it takes a fuckton of time

that doesnt make any sense, why wouldnt they just create separate maps for these? are raids part of the same map too?

>Tfw we'll never know what was behind Tor'Watha in Eversong woods.
>Tfw the gate was removed with Cataclysm

That annoyed the fuck outta me. Zul'Aman was clearly meant to be a zone, even the early vanilla world maps confirmed it, then they changed it to a simple peninsula and ZA is just a town.

youtube.com/watch?v=9rFE8HzIijY

Custom servers, editing the draw distance and stuff server side/in console.

>that doesnt make any sense, why wouldnt they just create separate maps for these?

No it makes perfect sense.
They all exist as part of the same expansion, hence can be just created on the same map. It allows you to limit who can access them by limiting the entire map to an expansion.
Why would you waste time creating 2 or 3 difference world servers for just 1 expansion?

>are raids part of the same map too?
Raids and dungeons are all part of separate instance maps.

The real story is boring.
It was just meant to be the entrance to Zul Aman, but they decided it being right outside a Horde capital was bad, so they moved it to the Ghostlands, and never removed the old gate for a while.

Since it was all BC content they probably put it all on the same map to A) save time and B) have just one map that people who didn't have BC couldn't go to instead of making multiple maps.

so azeroth and outland are on different servers?

>It was just meant to be the entrance to Zul Aman, but they decided it being right outside a Horde capital was bad, so they moved it to the Ghostlands, and never removed the old gate for a while.
Well that's underwhelming.

Yes
That's why back in TBC youcould get disconnected in Outlands and not be able to log back in but people in Org would still be playing

You guys should probably watch this dudes videos before he passes away from cancer

youtube.com/channel/UCjVDQloX4cIpGqpM6mdyD2Q/videos

Every continent is on a separate world server, including Azeroth and Kalimdor.
So someone could be logged in on Org but not Stormwind, because Azeroth world server is down, but Kalimdor isn't.

every place you go through a loading zone to is run on a different virtual server, kalimdor, both parts of azeroth, outland, northrend, etc

>That's why back in TBC
still happens , at least happenned during wod

>s, I was five pa
north plagelands or whatever you want to call it here , looks more complete that the last time i wall-hacked my way there

NINE YEARS

NINE FUCKING YEARS SINCE BURNING CRUSADE CAME OUT

AND PEOPLE STILL CALL IT "OUTLANDS"

IT'S OUTLAND

NO "S"

FUCK

it sounds better

It's true Cred Forums consists retards entirely. There's a fucking video about it, the zone is empty.

I want a tropical expansion with slutmogs. What Cataclysm should have been. Instead of just fire and elementals everywhere.

obviously we're discussing what it was planned to be/ what it could be in terms of lore not what is literally there you fucking dolt

Don't they have control of Gilneas now?

Regardless, why can't they have a port north of undercity?

smoke and mirrors aside, that's really cool

Le hitler did nothing wrng meymey XD

Vashj'ir is my favorite zone in the whole game.
I liked it so much i did the whole quest chain and all the side quests even though i was way over leveled for it by the end and i do the same thing on every alt.

Thats Stratholme

more like WHERE THE FUCK IS KUL TIRAS

Male or female?

My nigga. People who hate Vashj'ir are truly plebs.

No one has control of Gilneas, everyone forgot about it. The worgen want to reclaim it but forgot that its just an empty city since the Forsaken failed to take it, and then the Cataclysm and everything after that happened and everyone in game and IRL forgot that Gilneas exists.

>tfw i haven't played wc3 in over a decade
barely remember the story for all of this anymore
correct me if i'm wrong but didn't the orcs first land in the black morass which is somewhat close to grand hamlet and northshire? didn't the WoW map end up looking vastly different?

female

legitimately transsexual male dragon that decided to be a shortstack, just like what every Cred Forumsirgin aspires to be

>mfw leveling druid in vashjir
>comfieness x1000

>Gilneas will never be a complete city
>Silvermoon will never be a complete city

fuck this shit

>going back to the Exodar during that one quest in Legion
>seeing all those brightly colored stretched out low quality textures from 2007

It bugged me that the Exodar was still all fucked up because canonically by now it has been fully restored.

>Azshara
>Aiding the Legion
>Again

Fuck off. You know nothing.

these dragons are kinda hot

n-no homo

let me just tell you folks. orcs are a big problem. it's a big problem, a real bad problem. but we are gonna fix it. we're gonna build a dark portal to send them back to Outland, and the orcs are gonna pay for it, i just have to tell you, we are gonna make azeroth great again.

>the Exodar will be a powerful Naaru powered holy battleship blasting the fuck out of Legion forces in the Twisting Nether
>Khadgar teleports you to the Exodar in the Twisting Nether where it acts as a entry point for the end raid of Legion like the harbor outside of the Sunwell in TBC
>part of the way we kill Sargeras in by the Naaru Prime blasting him with a fuckhueg beam of holy power
>none of this will happen and the retarded "Illidan is purple space Jesus" plot will be a huge part of the Legion endgame story

>He hasn't read the Mythic Gul'dan spoilers

tell me all about it, because I only care about WoW for the lore at this point.

oh boy, he's posted it again.

I think it's hilarious you autists will discuss this when they've literally changed the map in the past.

It actually was, sincr fucking Cata even. The reason they didn't leave was because they wanted to stay and help the Alliance get their shit together before they left.

Keep in mind Deathwang had just poked his head out of the Maelstrom, so everything was fucked up.

>When Gul'dan reaches 10%, Khadgar tries to reunite Illidan's soul with his body
>Something otherworldy was paying attention and hijacks the spell
>Things go horribly wrong

That's all we know, and it's from the Dungeon Journal on the PTR. Illidan isn'r getting his body back any time soon.

They put too much focus on that shit in the Lights Heart quests, they'll bring it back in time for a disappointing endgame story. If the Exodar is fixed then it should be used against the Legion instead of being stuck in 2007 forever. If they do something like that then I'll be interested, but for now I'll stick to pre-cata lore.

user, that's what Velen is doing now. The Exodar is getting fixed (again) to lead an assault on Argus.

Also you seem to forget that Maiev is now active again, and if anyone can stop Illidan it's her.

>Maiev is now active again, and if anyone can stop Illidan it's her.
They're going end up hatefucking and then falling in love.

>Azshara expansion
Literally nope. Keep guessing though.

If the end game is the Exodar leading an assault on Argus then it'll be perfect. But once again, Illidan underestimated the players during Black Temple and his demon hunters weren't around during the assault. Now that they're around they won't let the Wardens try that shit again. Maiev will probably get killed because she's autistic about Illidan, she'll probably try to arrest Danny again and get assfucked by demon hunters.

Is he our guy?

>tfw the best thing in WoW anymore are "what could have been" things and mysteries in the world

>Illidan underestimated players
In the new book he took a trip to Auchinduon before the raid arrived, which very nearly almost got his soul sucked out. He was still recovering during the fight.

>Maiev
user Maiev BTFOs every major Demon Hunter with a flick of her wrist halfway through their starting area. Before climbing BT she closed the demon portals outside it by literally clogging them full of demon corpses. Maiev doesn't give two flying fucks about Illidan's Demon Hunters, she's even better at killing demons than they are.

>Implying that wasn't what was happening pre-WC3.

>you will never ever play TBC again
Why even live?

>abandon warlock i lv 840+
>try retlol
>do more damage with 800 ilv

xD

THE ONLY THING I LIKED ABOUT TBC WAS HOW IT FUCKED OVER EVERY VANILLA RAIDER

>tfw huge urge to play WoW but I know it would consume me
I haven't played since the start of Cataclysm.

best time of my life tbg

this addon was the most fun for tanks
the 3 different tank classes actually felt different and were viable in one way or another

only the druid kinda got shafted with a terrible cd...

>Corrupted Ashbringer skin involves doing all the shit people tried to do to find Ashbringer in Vanilla

Okay that is kind of clever

More Forsaken heroes besides Blightcaller when.
I thought they had a cool thing going with Voss but they decided to ditch her storyline.

Furals had their fun before everyone got resilience

>bear drood mangle crits you for 4k
>you die

Any news on the hidden unholy artifact skin?

Frost and Unholy are not in the game yet.

I was talking pve wise

feral tank had the worst cd of them all... it was just plain shit and a waste of rage desu

not sure how feral tank fared in sunwell and other endgame stuff, but tanking as a druid was fun and you were not a complete turd when you had to do dps

It's insane that you'll NEVER be able to fly in Silvermoon City.

Guys what are the beat healers right now? How are Holy Paladins? I played one on class trial and they felt really weak. Do they get better or change later at higher ilevels? Also is there a guide other than Icy Veins I can use for them? I for some reason cant figure their Holy guide out.

All because Blizz is too lazy to properly model fucking roofs for Silvermoon.

I can't blame them for that. It's a shit city for a shit race full of shitters. On the other hand it's the closest thing the horde has to an actual city.

I think blizzard resents that. The fact that people will rather hang out in Silvermoon than Ogrimmar given the choice, so they just try to make it as bad a place to be as they can.

>Skinning Rank 3 quests require you to go and skin old raid bosses
I guess being able to go back in time once a week to kill whole raids solo is canon now

Man, Ogrimmar is pretty terrible, and Undercity is just too big of a pain in the ass.

Blizz needs to accept that Silvermoon is the best city for the horde Or they could fucking do something with Gilneas

imagine if wow never deviated from Alpha plans/models//gamepplay etc.

Invade Ashenvale, take their lumber!

Kul Tiras ships that make mean gestures at us will be blown up!

Nuclear strikes on Gilneas to destroy the Undead!

It would still be terrible, just in a different direction

>Or they could fucking do something with Gilneas
No, because Gilneas is an Alliance city and canonically, the Forsaken were repelled and it's completely under Alliance control.

Feel free to look that up, it's the official lore.
It's only stuck the way it is due to being an eternal questing zone and full of phasing.

Explain?

You don't have to be ranged to DPS you faggot.

Friendly reminder that that melee is master race.

b-but muh darkness and torches n duskwood

>Shaman with snare+gap closer
>Shaman with battle rez
>Melee DPS priest
>Rogues with shields
>Surnames
Might be cool

>Shaman with snare+gap closer
We have that now

They scrapped a shitton of mechanics and places for the sake of fun or because it wasn't practical/feasible back in the day, hell even the fact it was all one big world was technological marvel.

Are the "noble" orcs the original WE WAZ KANGS of the fantasy world?

>Rogues with shields

Mind naming some examples?

Wait what, really?
I stopped playing by the beginning of cata if that helps

that picture looks retarded, the water just randomly goes uphill the deeper you go to the city

No, they were just a fantasy invented by Thrall mixing human ideals and orcish nostalgia

What the hell would a rogue do with a shield anyway.

Honestly rogues 'class fantasy' is so fucked up. Outlaw is stupid as hell, thematically compared to old Combat.

At the end of TBC I said to myself "This expansion sucked and I don't like it but I am stupid so in a year or two I will look back on this and say it was good". And I did.

>>>/VG/

Is wow worth picking up?

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2016.

I thought the orcs were transported from some noble and advanced world and now have to be savage

>Try to look this up on WoWhead
>wowhead is nothing but a giant clusterfuck with guides
The fuck

Hahhaha
Loser

Orcs were always trash. What kind of noble society sinks to drinking demon blood so they can go on a genocidal conquest against a planet that did them no wrong?

Well as I mentioned before duskwood was actually easy to get lost in and die if you don't have torches+antidotes because everything was practically poisonous and it was dark and from what I remember maps only showed the zones, not your current locaiton, goldshire was supposed to be xboxhueg just like any other city/town that's hue (lore-wise)

Another one that comes to my mind is the fact that undead were immune to shadow damage and weak to holy, healing them actually hurt them. Same with dragons being completely resistant to fire etc.
Last few levels needed dedication to grinding because there weren't any quests

You could learn other languages and there was a lot more professions etc.

I can't really remember all that shit that was in alpha.

Exploring and finding exploits are the only reasons i continue to play.

>What the hell would a rogue do with a shield anyway.
Fuck bitches with it or on it.

No, its mostly Metzen having a fetish for orcs and trying to make it look like the poor orcs were so used and abused by the Legion and they totally didn't WANT to tear Azeroth apart with the first and second wars but were forced to by the demons!

Hint: Its all bullshit. Orcs are literally the niggers of the warcraft universe, and they are exactly as bloodthirsty, violent, savage, and primitive as they appear, and willingly drank that fucking demon blood.

yeah, you're a cuck who enjoys giving his money away so WoW will be perfect for you

Lmfao. Fucking devs. Sounds about right

in original rpgs rogues were just dashing fencers/swashbucklers with silver tongue etc. so they used small shields/bucklers instead of tower/kite shields, but they still used them because you know, blocking is actually good for your health and fairly easy to do.

Only with newer rpgs came the idea that rogues use 2 weapons which are usually daggers and sneak around etc.

Its all the flavor shit that was cool.

Aummintion does

Languages

Undead being able to breath underwater

Weapon skillz

Little shit like that

So Metzen started forcing that fetish during/after WC2?

He's so tall and proud of how you're tending to him, isn't he? He doesn't even need to curl a taloned paw around your equally sized body to keep you there, because he knows that you're addicted to his musky dragon spunk.

Oldfag wownoob here
I remember playing this when the blood elf expansion came out

Back then there was a special city only druids could get to, everything was green, you could meet other faction druids they're

But even then, that place was deserted as FUCK

Did that place ever get busy? Did the devs just completely give up on it?

No, he started forcing it when BC came out and we got into Outland and saw all his bullshit Orc storylines plastered everywhere, while Alliance was fucked and got no Turalyon, no Alleria, and Khadgar sitting in Shattrath doing absolutely nothing for the entire expansion.

I don't like the new, younger redesign Khadgar got, but at least he actually DOES THINGS now, and is in storyline quests. He's even in a few profession quests, the Alchemy one he shows up to stop your dumb ass from unleashing an angry vrykul ghost on Dalaran.

Moonglade.

Its now the Druid order hall. I think. Which basically means that every single druid in the game goes there for things, so there are always players in it.

Not that it matters. None of them talk to each other.

Moonglade? other classes could get to it from the furbolg tunnel

>Back then there was a special city only druids could get to
Anyone could go there, it was just a pain in the ass and there was no reason to until they added the Lunar Festival

>Druid order hall
That's in Val'sharah

moonglade was accessible to everybody, druids just got a teleport for that place and quests for animal forms and nobody else went there because there was nothing to do aside from fishing and and lunar festival.

>implying people talked to each other in vanilla

Bet this is a Sylvanascuck too

Not going to deny many were looking to play single player WoW but many were talking to each other
Probably it was you one of the autistic nerds trying to solo everything and failing every quest

You sound like the sort of person who would desperately invite someone to a group if they were killing your quest mob

I declined you people every time and made you watch

#REKT

half the quests were practically unsoloable with the retarded mob placement and insanely huge aggro range, just remember any murloc hotspots or westfall, you had to talk.

the largest extend of talking was in trade chat and general chat (because leveling took so god damn long)

This pretty much hasn't changed. Discussion still happens in mythic groups, which is essentially the same shit as dungeon grouping was back in the day, its just easier to find people now

People bitch about being social but literally nothing has changed

>tfw druid in vanilla
>Horde and Alliance constantly ganking each other
>awkwardly go along with it, even though you personally know the other faction's druids from RP events in Moonglade
>you will never have this kind of class identity again, since everyone has a dozen alts at max level now and if you're raiding, you're probably maintaining them for split-runs

>rescue Koltira
>assign him as bodyguard
>stays right by my side protecting me

Sometimes we find secluded places for him to ravish me. It's wonderful.

I never really liked ammo, I either checked and stocked it obsessively or ran out in the most inopportune times. It was also frustrating that it increased your damage so in order to max it you would have to buy really expensive ammo and use it sparingly. That said pet happiness/the old pet training system was a nightmare compared to ammo.

People who weren't shitters/playing terrible classes used those packs as an opportunity to learn about pulling, kiting and the limits of their CC/DPS

If you took the time and effort, a lot of it was soloable

>using your best ammo on anything but raid/dungeon bosses
you were supposed to have 12 stacks of vendor ammo and 4 stacks of crafted/rep ammo

>alts

I firmly maintain that this is one of the big reasons as to why most MMOs are shit, or turn to shit.

Alts should not be a thing. I think you should have ONE character that is your identity in the game. I don't even think you should be allowed to pay for multiple accounts to have multiple characters.

I firmly hold that this is why EVE has turned to shit, and why WoW has turned to shit. Alts are fucking everywhere, just so they don't have to go find some other player with X profession or is in X location.

I'm talkig about the average shitter who pulled two, then backed up a bit and blew his big burst on mob before they drop low enough to start running and pulling other mobs.

>terrible classes

And what classes did you define as 'terrible'?

All of them

warriors were eternally fucked for example, you missed one hit and you spent 3 seconds just staring at the screen with 1 rage missing to use execute.
Then you missed again.

And then you reached 60 and became a completely unstoppable war god in pvp.

Or forced to tank in pve.

Obviously, that was the reward for having suffered those 59 levels.

>spergs out about 1 WoW lore thread
>ignores the 15 Overwatch threads that have 4 different topics combined
kek

These are the spoopiest screenshots

Something about the endless void below makes my gut turn.

Problem is, all it takes is one screwed-up patch and your main is shit. Class balance is especially bad right now. Looking at Mythic EN, half the tank classes are simply not used because they're so bad compared to the others.

You could have a one-character system with a more diverse and dynamic class-system, like jobs in other MMOs, but not with WoW.

>I played hooky for 3rd grade art class

>Hunter intro
>Look at this lodge isn't it nice
>OMG A BIRD
>Shaman intro
>Everyone is fucking dead
>HEY ASSHOLES IM HERE TO KILL YOU

I feel like they could have put in a bit more effort into some of these quests

Most of the classes aren't heroes.

And by that I mean that it wouldn't make any sense for a PC of that class to fill a heroic or important role in the fight against the Legion. The ones that DO fulfill this requirement are:
Paladin
Death Knight
Demon Hunter
Mage
MAYBE Warrior
Shaman
Warlock
Priest

Basically every class that uses some form of magic (and I'm counting Holy magic as magic for this example). You practically need some form of it to achieve a level of parity with the Legion.

Hunter? You're just some nigga with a bow and arrow.
I exclude warrior from this fate SOLELY because Odyn choose the warrior PC, and places them in charge of a body of immortal warriors he's gathered in his Halls of Valor.

>The ones that DO fulfill this requirement are
>almost everyone

Okay so, I just boosted a Holy Paladin.
How the fuck am I going to be leveling up from 100-110?
I do negative damage. Help.

you can still find that untextured "small naxx" but they took pretty much every other secret out, I only just recently discovered that cave on the total ass end of silithus and it's entirely empty save a level 5 dragon who is asleep

no clue what the fuck that is. in vanilla my mage could blink through deadmines portal and go to the frozen throne or what was it..BC looking shit that was great

all time favorite is jumping up the books on karazhan, you jump "out" this shaded window and fall 120 feet to find some troll village, no where on the map.

I bet there's all sorts of secrets hidden in the most mundane places.

actually I was fucking bitches lmao nerd

Is it April Fools already?

That troll village is just copy pasted uninstanced zul'gurub

Grind to 102 via dungeons, pick up Truthguard, mash your 1-5 buttons until 110.

Switch back to holy and then do 200k DPS while healing.

no way leveling is so much easier than before. Leveling 1-110 today is faster than 1-60 in vanilla

No holy pally does 200k damage at 110, get real.

Its half that, at most. MAYBE 150k during wings.

But is holy good/fun in PvP?

I'm already leveling my retadin and really want to make him a healer at max level, but I need a healer that's good in both PvE and PvP.

>Oops! I LET GO of the Doomhammer!

Who knows, healing is a fucking abomination, and you should kill yourself if you consider desecrating the name of Paladin by doing it.

Someone give me some PvP tips

I've done around 10 BGs, I'd say I'm doing decent, but frost mages are a pain in the ass and rogues overall are just annoying sapping you all of a sudden

Yeah man, sparkly arms warrior with combo points is the only way to play

Ret might be shit to play as, but at least you can hold your head high and say you're a real Paladin and not some faggot bitch waving your hands hiding while the real men fight.

What class/spec?

Frost mages are currently annoying for everyone, but they rarely kill you.

Neither did Jaina.

Holy packs more than enough power to solo through leveling content with ease.

AoE is nowhere near the capabilities of prot, but holy will tear solo targets apart via wrath and avenger burst combo matched with the crusader talent to reduce cooldown of shock and dawn via crusader strikes.
And enjoy never fucking dying either.

>t. Guy who went from 100 to 110 only as holy paladin.

Although, blizzard hates fun and wants to nerf the DPS output of holy, so there's that.

Havoc DH

Someone didn't get the memo that holy paladins are more than capable wrecking shit while also keeping people healed up. In some cases, out damaging DPS classes.

Not to mention the whole martyr and sacrifice shenanigans, giving our life to keep others alive etc.
>"I've sacrificed everything, what have you given?"

I do agree that healers tend to be chicken shits in the back, that's what they are supposed to do, but holy paladins have the option to get right up there and not suffer much consequence due to nearing tank levels of health and armour, (Unless we're talking raid content, then its way, WAY more important to mend the mistakes DPS make. So there's no time to hit shit)

Either way, you a nigger, get out of the order you cunt.
The whole schtic of Paladins is that they go in and hit shit while keeping others alive at the same time, not just smiting foes.

>frost mages

they exist? All I see DH, rogues and warlocks

theres plenty of weird stuff if you can get out of instances still. most of it is generic fucked up geography like flat planes and sudden 90 degree shifts in the terrain.

No, the whole 'shtick' of Paladins is to smite the shit out of evil.

Also if you're outdpsing a class as a holy paladin, then that player is fucking garbage and you should boot them immediately. In fact if you reach even HALF the dps of a DPS player then you should boot that player immediately, because they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Even frost DKs, and they are literally the bottom DPS spec in the game right now.

I haven't played one since the nerfs but they were ridiculous before. Their mobility means that they can practically never die, and only a frost mage can really kite them.

You want to skirmish on the edges while your big cooldowns are down, attacking players here and there, but once they're up you can go all in with little worry. Your damage output is insane, and your survivability is great with things like Blur, Chaos Nova, and Metamorphosis. You'll want to make sure you have certain talents, such as the ~10 yd stun and the life leech for meta. Your job is to get on top of casters and blow them up, they can't run from your mobility and you do too much damage for them to tank. You should avoid other melee, especially warriors, retadins, and rogues.

Is Lorthemar doing anything in Legion?

Who?

I hope they eventually return to this, Would love to re-visit the Upper EK in a future expansion

One of the blood elf demon hunters from TBC i think.

>No, the whole 'shtick' of Paladins is to smite the shit out of evil.
Not even that other user but this is wrong. That's only part of the class, the majority of it is and always has been supporting your allies. In WC3 the paladin was primarily for supporting his army. In WoW prot and holy are the definition of self-sacrifice, and Ret's most important contribution is the utility it brings. In both PvE and PvP things like Blessing of Freedom, Blessing of Protection, Lay on Hands, and strong (but limited) flash healing are THE reasons to bring a paladin DPS. Otherwise, you're just a less-effective warrior.

No, that's what an inquisitor or witch hunter does.

A Paladin is meant to protect the weak.

And here's some tidbits from warcraft lore.

>The paladins were instrumental in winning the first war, and the sight of them wielding their mighty warhammers and holy powers gave others inspiration on the battlefield and the home front. Uther and his paladins were truly a sight to behold. Even some of the Alliance's greatest knights and warriors were in awe when they saw them smashing orcs down while healing fallen allies at the same time.

>Even some of the Alliance's greatest knights and warriors were in awe when they saw them smashing orcs down while healing fallen allies at the same time.
>smashing orcs down while healing fallen allies at the same time.

And if you wanna dig deeper into the history the fantasy Paladin class from D&D. Their main move that ALL of them get is "lay on hands". you learn the smiting and turning evil/undead stuff later.
But that doesn't disregard their absurdly high charisma, vitalty and strength stats though, they are absolute fucking powerhouses while also being capable of healing and supporting their allies at the same time.

>Otherwise you're just a less-effective warrior
>Meanwhile Ret REGULARLY outdamages both warrior specs, while drinking fury tears.

Clearly you haven't played WoW in a while.

Warcraft has ALWAYS had the archetype of Paladin wrong.

DND Paladins were -ALWAYS- frontline fighters, with some very limited divine spellcasting ability. The entire point of Paladin in DND is to abuse their smite evil and high charisma.

What if the Warcraft version of a Paladin is different to the DnD version of a Paladin?

WoW balance will always be up in the air so its not an important factor.
The point he's making is what can DPS warrior bring to a party?
hitting shit
What can a ret paladin bring?
hitting shit, auras, buffs and clutch heals

See what's going on here?

Well then the Warcraft version is fucking wrong because of prior precedents.

Except that Ret beats fury by a wide margin, and is neck and neck with Arms, at least according to the non-patchwerk sims.

Ret is ass to level, and takes forever to stack enough stats so their scaling kicks into overdrive, but when it does, they're fucking monsters.

fucken based

>be arcane mage
>entire fucking spec is based around "mobility"
>blink is broken beyond repair
>9 out of 10 times the terrain breaks it
>they removed the glyph that made it possible to blink the direction your character is moving instead of straight ahead
>enemies are always packed to tight that moving means pulling more and the class can't handle more than one enemy
>one single shitty AoE
>no companions for levelling who can tank in any capacity
>no pet
>nerfed twice since legion release

Why does Blizzard fucking HATE arcane mages so intensely?

Maybe D&D doesn't get to decide what is and isn't acceptable in all of Western Fantasy

Then why don't you start a DnD group with your friends in someone's basement and you can create your lawful good evil smiting crusader who forgoes any kind of healing/support and just wants to hit shit if the warcraft version is so horridly wrong?

what is theramore

Once again, clearly you have not played WoW in a long fucking time, because Auras are gone, Blessings are gone (except Ret can maintain only three blessings at a time, and there are only kings (gives absorb shield), wisdom (regens 1% of health/mana every few seconds) or might (10% chance for extra 30% holy damage), and FoL does fuck all compared to what it used to.

From your wording of clutch heals, it is clear to me that the last time you played was WoTLK with Art of War Flash of Light crits on other people.

Those days are long, long gone.

These days, Rets utility is almost entirely in their ability to take care of themselves and not burden the healers. They get a STRONG absorb shield (Shield of Vengeance), that also does aoe damage when its broken, bubble, can heal themselves to a small degree, and still have lay on hands.

Meanwhile fury warriors take a passive 30% extra damage because of their dumb enrage shit.

Fury warriors are LITERALLY a liability, every DPS warrior switched to arms, and they are STILL a liability because they are melee with no ability to protect themselves and blizzard recently nerfed their focused rage shenanigans.

What the fuck

Are you going to start saying the Warcraft version of history is wrong because it's not the same as DnDs as well? That's how silly you're being.

It isn't JUST D&D.

Literally EVERY SINGLE ITERATION OF A PALADIN EXCEPT WARCRAFT has them as holy warriors, front line fighters with limited ability to heal or cast divine spells (or whatever equivalent that particular system has).

Warcraft is the only one to try and depart from this. Hence, it is in the wrong.

I already do that.

The group gets mad at me a lot because as lawful good, I can't permit them breaking laws

They are bringing that blink glyph back.

Also one shitty aoe? Arcane Explosion blows shit up pretty good when your at 4 charges. Not to mention when you mix in Aluneth's spell plus minor gains from supernova and Temptest (if talented.)

I think your just a bad arcane mage.

So, it's wrong because it isn't a cookie cutter, copy paste of every other system?

I love the WoW lore

Also, where my comfy mages at? I'm a gnome.

SoV really isn't that strong, it doesn't absorb a lot and is on a fairly lengthy CD. Don't get be wrong, I enjoy having it since it does provide some off GCD mitigation. Bubble, BoP, Freedom and Lay on Hands is our good shit especially since 3 of them we can cast on others.

>paladin tank
Paladin are mid-tier at best. I'd rather have a DK.

Hunters
>Versatile, Proficient in both Ranged and Melee combat
>Unmatched tracking abilities
>Binds the spirits of vicious beasts to them and can mend their broken bodies again and again with little consequence
>Uses Guns and Mechanical contraptions to their full potential, Making them the cannon engineer class

Warriors
>Wears plate
>Very angry
>Ignores pain
>Shit nigga calm down

Other Classes
>Muh Light
>Muh Void
>Muh Demons
>Muh Elements
>Muh Magic

No worse than everyone else.

Good luck getting four charges when you're dead.

No, its wrong because it tries to change a previously commonly-held image of Paladins.

Early in WoWs life people, including me, rolled Paladins thinking they were similar to every other iteration of Paladins.

If you started a game and rolled a mage, only to be told that instead of casting spells, you hit people with a stick, you would not call that class a mag.e

If you started a game, rolled a fighter (or warrior or whatever), and instead of swinging swords and axes around, the game gave you a wand and said start swishing it around, you wouldn't call that class a fighter (or warrior).

In my eyes, only Ret and Prot classify as Paladins. Holy is not a paladin.

During vanilla this was particularly problematic as Ret and Prot were generally useless. Though there was a certain build you could use to make Ret somewhat viable, it required a ridiculous amount of gearing and still would not come close to a rogue.

SoV is based on your maximum HP, as your ilvl increases, so does your max HP. I'm at a little under 200k HP as Ret right now, so SoV can reliably soak an aoe mechanic (that isn't an instant kill anyway), or at least heavily mitigate it, and not lose any DPS uptime on the enemy we are facing.

Also BoP doesn't stop people from attacking, which is bonkers OP in PvP. Go get an arms warrior, que for 2v2, bubble yourself and bop him and watch the tears roll.

>The group gets mad at me a lot because as lawful good, I can't permit them breaking laws

You have that the wrong way around. You should be lawful good because you're character can't permit them breaking laws. Not because you have some spot on a 4 quadrant graph that you don't want to stray too far from. You just outed yourself as a metagaming faggot.

I wish being a stpuid cunt was a bannable offense. then again, Cred Forums would end up being 4 guys and 7 redditors.

I bet you just love Delas Moonfang.

I was speaking from the characters point of view. The character not wanting to break laws IS the reason they put up a big fuss about it.

I'm still a metagaming faggot, though

So, because it doesn't fit your definition of class fantasy, it's wrong?

She needs to work on her combat ability and quit casting healing spells so fucking much, is all.

Holy paladins in current wow heal based on how close they are. theyre on the front line now

Found the huntard! Know any other masturbatory class descriptions?

Because it doesn't fit the commonly held definition of the class fantasy, its wrong.

>mage complaining about nerfs

Hi, I'm a Shadow Priest and this is JACKASS

Their mastery is garbage and one of their worst stats because it doesn't scale well, and it places them in danger in melee, and they have to stand still to cast the vast majority of the time. No one stacks it, and for good reason.

Not to mention they have a talent that EVERY SINGLE ONE TAKES which completely removes their mastery and gives it to their beacon of light target.

That's wrong, even on Nostalrius I've had BRD runs where people would stay even though they had to wake up for work in 6 hours. I've helped a guy do the Hinterlands elite quest because I thought hey, he's a cool guy and I might do stuff with him when he's 60. When does the game force you to do these kinds of things now? Maybe in Mythic + dungeons but it's just not the same, probably because servers aren't isolated now.

If you somehow managed to pull so many mobs that you will die before 4 charges then just use invis. Its instant and only a 1:30 cooldown for arcane.

Once again your a bad arcane mage.

hey guys i'd like to play a blood or frost dk, should i kill myself now?

Nah you don't generally talk in mythic+ either.

Largely because the shitters who start those groups (besides myself) will always require stupid high ilvl requirements and people to have already done it.

>enemies are packed too tight
i wish. i can handle over a dozen non-elites at once, but enemies are almost always so spread out that i can't pull that many without leashing half of them

Serious question, are you autistic?

Monks story had them has pretty op heroes

They're artifact weps are crazy powerful from lore perspective, least powerful probably being brewmaster but it's goddamn monkey magic

You do realize that before Malfurion fucked the world in half she wanted to be Sargeras' consort right?
There was no point where she said fuck the legion demons are bad.

Its where they put Naxxramas.

Yes. I'm a high-functioning autist.

blood is fun, and the only difficulty i have with it is finding pugs for normal emerald nightmare due to a combination of the facts that most guilds already have tanks and the ones that don't are hesitant to take a risk on anything that's not a warrior

Gilneas was Plague Bombed, I dont know why the Undead arent there but the Gilneans cant take it back because Plague.

>implying Garrosh wasn't Trump...

So, Azeroth is Elune, right? All things point to that.

the moon is elune, ya dingus. azeroth is a titan egg, and elune is not a titan

She spent 10k years with nzoth being convinced how unimaginably powerful the void lords are, how she will have powers able to make sargeras cry and how he is afraid of the void.

She moved on into something bigger.

>pillars of creation are titan relics
>4 named after Titans (Aggrammar, Golganneth, Aman'thul, Khaz'goroth)
>5th is named after Elune

yeah, that's one of the reasons you couldn't fly in eversong/ghostlands, even after world flying was introduced. Separate server from the rest of azeroth.

>male dragon
>female 'human' form
easy

>Azeroth used her own blood to help the native trolls to evolve into the nightelves.
>Azeroth is the earth, and druids are able to notice her worries and pains even if indirectly. Thats is their whole job.
>Analogue to her being the earth, the emerald dream is literally a piece of her soul

factions weren't originally openly hostile with each other

tauren had a non-mount movement ability called plainsrunning

there's a fuckton of deleted/removed content(iirc hyjal was originally planned then never implemented, you could actually glitch your way in back in the day)

It wasn't removed so much as the world had tons of unfinished content on vanilla release that was later altered and put in. For example, Uldum, Hyjal, Grim Batol and the emerald dream portals were all raid portals to raids that weren't in the game and were eventually going to be added. Uldum and Hyjal were later made into entire zones with Cata, and Grim Batol was turned into a dungeon instead of a raid.

>like WoW more but all friends play FFXIV
>few of them have never played WoW before
>mfw realizing how newbie-unfriendly WoW is now and how it's also ancient as fuck looking

Game needs a fucking sequel, not another expansion.

>but all friends play FFXIV
Subtle shilling, but nobody wants to play that garbage.

>newbie unfriendly
>free level 100 just for getting it
>profession levels don't matter so dont even have to grind that shit up
>classes are super straightforward and the game literally has built in tutorials to help players out
>the mmo with the most thorough and easily accessible online resources out there

>tfw mob tagging

wow in 2016 is even simpler than wow in 2004, your screen is splattered in tips all the way up to 110 ilvl895 and you don't even need to "force yourself" into "socializing" because the game doesn't even hold your hand, it's basically holding you on a lead the whole way through

Who will the new races be in the future?

They'd probably at least attempt to fit them in thematically so lets look at potential future expacs and then figure out what races for them would be. Remember if it can't mount up it's retarded and it will never happen.

>Into the Twisting Nether expansion pack

>Ogres
>The Fel Hammer/Fixed Exodar/I think those are the only spaceships owned by people of Azeroth but there could be more happen upon a drifting chunk of Outland in the void with a tribe of Ogres barely holding out against endless hordes of Demons
>Saved by that group and brought back to Azeroth and end up siding with ______ to destroy the Legion
>Alternatively Rexxar answers the call of the Horde and unites most of the ogres of Outland and Azeroth under one banner and makes them the new playable race with Rexxar as the leader

>Ethereal
>Find out races of Azeroth are going to fuck the Legions shit up
>Some Ethereal faction wants a piece of the pie
>EZ PZ and probably choose a side ala pandas

>Arrakoa
>Probably too retarded to ever happen but this is Blizzard were talking about
>Fuck your WOD bullshit. Im talking Outland Arrakoa
>Decide to join Alliance or Horde to get revenge at the Legion for fucking their world up

>Azshara/South Seas/Nzoth expac

There no way around it, were getting memelocs if this ever comes to pass

OTHER CLASSES HATE HIM

See how this user used one neat trick to skewer information and simplify the opppsition

The only hunter spec worth choosing is MM and that's literally just 'muh gun'

I really want Ethereal.

Blizz has been saying since 2007 or something that they want an emerald dream expansion.

Seriously, something fucked up has been going on since the twilight dragons thing, and they have not said anything else about emerald dream, which is potentially the biggest conflict in the universe, even bigger than the legion assault.

>Blizz has been saying since 2007 or something that they want an emerald dream expansion.
and now its a shitty raid!
there you have your emerald draem "expansion"

My money's on Argus

>Elune has literally never been associated with Titans or their creations before or after this one reference, by any being on Azeroth

So, not a Titan then

I'm having the hardest nostagiaboner I've ever had.

They just did the Emerald Nightmare raid after having the EN bounce back from being "Defeated" in Stormrage in like 2010.

We're done. It was 100% cured this time.

DESU I think it was better as a raid. Being able to explore 100% of the dream would have ruined any mystique surrounding it.

One of WoW's strongest points was always the mystery. It's good to have answers but as we saw with Catacylsm it's bad for Blizzard to give us something for the sake of giving us something. Kezan, Uldum, Elemental planes, all things I wanted to see but got shitty version of because they HAD to include them. Only thing they didn't majorly fuck up was Hyjal I believe

you forgot
>tank shaman

rogues would tank duh, you stupid nigger

Neat!

I fucking hate how WoW's zones are now. All of them have his shitty zone spanning story with forced phasing. And what's worse is that both sides have the same story now too. At least before in wrath and BC you could experience something a little different if you leveled in the zones with the other faction.

>Warrior, Monk and Hunter Ogres have one head
>Mage, Priests, and Warlock Ogres have two heads
>Headpiece appears on the one eyed head and you can transmog a helm onto the other
FUND IT

IDK what amount of heads Shaman should have though. Seems appropriate that Blizz would fuck them over and not give them two heads because they aren't allowed fun things

I'm surprised they didn't make ogres a race and gave us forsaken instead. They should have been a side villain in vanilla at best. Not a major faction.

>mages complaining about anything

literally baby tier, try playing a class that has to work for something

The Horde Alliance disparity was fucking awful and massively in favor of the Alliance. Imagine how much worse it would have been if they hadn't gotten the edgy undead and gotten fat lumbering brutes instead.

I imagine this has something to do with it.

Until they figure out how to make female Ogres look, we're not getting them. Same with Ethereals. They only do races with both genders, aren't 100% evil all the time, and can ride mounts (though I'd like them to bring back Plainsrunning for Tauren since Worgen have their own fast run).

Sub-races are also a major thing we need.

We didn't have female worgen until Cata. It's a Flimsy excuse at best

>tfw you got Blood gay elfs instead of the fucking smug nightfallen elves

Horde could still be the ugly faction

Granted look at how badly that turned out, same with fem dwarfs and trolls.

>Bucklers

oooo mama

Well we've gotten Val'sharah (made by Druids to be like the Dream) and the EN raid. A whole expansion based around the Dream and the Nightmare was probably too limited (they like to have a lot of variety if possible, and expansions with less variety have been the two worse received ones). That's probably why they flipflopped so much on whether to do it or not from vanilla before having the book written about it and then finally deciding to make it a raid.

Ethereal are literally gsexless blobs of energy held together with mummy wrap. If they really fucking have to they could add two lumps to their chest but it'd be retarded. Just grey out the sex option when you click on them

Confirmed tenfold with WoD.

>the moon is elune, azeroth is a titan egg

FUCK ME I BELIEVE IT. I BELIEVE THEY WOULD DO SOMETHING THIS RETARDED. THIS IS THE DUMBEST FUCKING SHIT THE LORE HAS EVER PULLED, WHAT THE FUCKKKKK

Are there any mounts of those dragons yet or are they saving them for updates?

my quel thalas thori'dal bow was infused with holy naaru bullshit magic so i can boop arrows at demons, what now faglord?

It's retarded though because its supposed to be unsullied azeroth that was unaltered by sentient races,.

Deserts. Tundras. Forest. Jungles. Fjords. Grasslands. Azeroth has a billion fucking biomes that would be present in the dream. It's the worst excuse of all time especially considering the job they did wit "Just a shattered wasteland" Outland and "Just a snowy shithole" Northrend two of the best continents in game.

A better complaint is how the hell would anything work? How do you have alliance and horde camps in a dreamworld?

Sleep fighting nigga

enjoy not finishing raids

What kind of camps/cities would it have though? The purpose is for it to look like an uninhabited azeroth. Adding cities and towns defeats the purpose. And angers the Druids most likely.

Exactly, but how do you have questing hubs and a population hub in the dream then? Just some dudes with quests standing out in the middle of nature? Its accurate sure, but totally uninteresting.

That looks interesting, care to share? A friend and me found out that the rogue class hall was accessible while Dalaran is still hanging over Kharazan. pic related, might also share some of them for those of you who like to use them as wallpapers.

That's happening in legion dummy. One of the bosses in the emerald nightmare raid hints at n'zoth coming. At the end of the raid shadow priests can interact with an item and their artifact weapon says that his prison is weakening and we must prepare. They merged the idea of a southshore expansion and another burning legion one

Man, playable Ethereals would be so fucking dope.

Their run animation is the coolest shit.

You have portals that lead to revamped/new towns across ALL of Azeroth. If the location is underwater, the portal is in the nearest town Moonglade or some shit. Quest givers are spirit animals.

This shit ain't hard.

That sounds boring as shit user.

Face it, there was no way to do a dream expac that would be faithful to lore AND be interesting.

Blizzard makes a lot of dumb decisions but only giving us a glimpse of the dream is not one of them.

should i play this game or go to a private server

how so ?

>It's the "my gear should've been relevant forever" retard here to ruin the thread again
Oh joy.

Love the idea of an ice cap zone and a N'Zoth boss but it sounds retarded to base an expansion around. Would be better to fit all of these ideas into a raid. Might look like a copy of the Witcher 3's last mission but it would still be cool.

>female Dwarves
>bad
How? Sure they're built like 4 foot linebackers, but they aren't bad.

Yeah they're the least played group in the game by a large margin because they're totally fine good call user

titmodder please leave

For EVERY zone? Plus, what other enemies are going to be in there beyond the obvious nightmare corrupted whatevers? Every expansion has had multiple things to be fought (which goes with the area of that expansion) but the Dream is specifically meant to not include all that shit which is why the Nightmare is such a big deal. There's no "secondary bad guy" like the other expansions had (Kael, Yogg, Cata kinda had Ragnaros?, Trolls/Mogu, Legion, Nightmare/Nightborne).

I hope we get tuskar

It'll only ever happen if we get Wrath 2 electric boogaloo with Bolvar which I pray doesn't happen

>Seriously, something fucked up has been going on since the twilight dragons thing, and they have not said anything else about emerald dream, which is potentially the biggest conflict in the universe, even bigger than the legion assault.
Why, what's happening in there?

Xavius and the Nightmare, but that has now been resolved (twice, once in a book no one read and now in game).

>They felt like they needed to quickly wrap up the Timeless Dragonflight story in order to deal with Deathwing
>Not giving us a caverns of time expansion where leveling zones dungeons and raids are all critical points in the history of warcraft

They really wasted that potential, just another thing they fucked up in Cata

When Durotar sends its orcs, they're not sending their best. They're sending their fell energy. Their warlocks. They're bringing pillaging. And some, i assume, are good orcs.

None of that's actually there, though, I've been there and there were two elven towers, that's about it

It's a fan concept.

Yeah, I get ya

it's not my fault everyone on alliance wants to be either a
>regular human
>tall purple human with pointy ears
>Goat human with hooves
>Furry
>a cocksleeve
>Furry, except THICC

If anyone on alliance wants to be short, they just go straight for the gnomes since dwarves might as well be fat short humans.

t. Dwarf main

pic unrelated, just sharing wallpaperish screens

>that feel when you'll never be in Silithus and Stormwind at the same time again

A base used by the alliance to invade the barrens and stonetalon mountains? Are you stupid?

>someone else actually knows this

I wish I still had my screenshots from back then, I think I still have the HD so I'll try to find it. I swam from the coast of the Hinterlands around the plaguelands and into the zones that would be the blood elf starting areas back when vanilla was out. I only found a small island with a gazebo like structure and a small bench.

I like horde races except orcs, I used to main undead warrior for the longest time but after all the orc/spiky nigger mudhuts/orc caveman music fatigue in WoD, I have decided to return to the Alliance.

How do i become a good PVP mage in battlegrounds? Flamestrike fire mage? or fat crit Frost mage

Just watched the movie last night lads, didn't realize it was going to go as far back in the lore as it did.

Movie Gul'dan did nothing wrong

>Salty Dogs
rip nostalrius

(You)

*DING DONG*
ELF DELIVERY

I've been there before.

It's got some neat ground textures, I think it was some blueish grass, but other than that its just some hills.

Fag didn't respect the Mok'gra.
Tradition is all orc savages have, and they can't even keep that.

THALYSSRA OR VALTROIS

He did everything wrong

He made sure that Thrall would survive, he cheated in Mok'gra and killed an entire planet.

BOTH

Vashj'ir was sweet. I hope we get another underwater zone and an actual underwater raid, imagine the shit they could do with it.

It'd probably be fucking impossible to pug though, given how randoms can barely get by when they just have 2D movement to wory about.

Did Blizz double down on Jen Hale? I think I heard her voice two bosses in Court of Stars

She's fucking everywhere

Maybe the shit pointing to N'zoth and more old god stuff will finally give us a South Seas expansion after this. Here's hoping they don't kill of Azshara in a raid tier in Legion.

We already had a fight that worked in 3D space, Al'Akir and to an extent KT in MGT

>Here's hoping they don't kill of Azshara in a raid tier in Legion.
Why the hell would you even think that

Last part of Malygos was as well.

>WW monk
>have to be right on the boss' tits since I'm melee
>boss does some huge as fuck AoE
>try to roll or kick my way out
>get stuck on literally nothing and locked into an animation

Notice how none of the bosses you mentioned had tons of adds on your way to the boss

Why does Goblin architecture accommodate Tauren, even though only Goblins were there until 3 years ago?

Oh yeah, I forgot about Kael, and I admit I wasn't around for throne of the four winds. Maybe it's possible after all.

Because its fucking blizzard? I wouldn't put any retardation past them these days, and they're obviously setting Azshara up to do something soon. I'm not saying its guaranteed but I can still see it happening.

>Chinese first illidian kill done with the everyone in the raid still wearing T3 pieces.

Sure, whatever.

Would you rather play a Naga or Ogre?

Male naga are cool as FUCK

The salt will come for you.

yep. I stopped because the only two specs I want to play have GARBAGE ST and are not very wanted period.

Ogre, but I'd love Naga too. Both are perfectly plausible, and if Ogres being too tall for most existing buildings then blizz can just give them a small camp outside of Orgimmar. Better yet, the new for both races starting zones can be mini capitals rather than some shitty one off thing.

But what do I level?

>and if Ogres being too tall for most existing buildings *is an issue
>the starting zone's for both new races*

I don't know what the fuck happened to me while I was typing that

Why exactly didn't Arthas capture Jaina and have her become the Lich Queen or something?
He would have been unstoppable.

yourself at the gym you fuckin nerd get a life

Naga easily

I don't count the last part of Maly cause it was awful mounted combat

They'd have to negate the swin speed penalty for it to work and find a way to not make the environment an unintentional boss mechanic because shit's blurred as fuck but it can be done.

>Can't mount
Naga are NEVER EVER tier

If I had to pick Ogres but IMO there isn't a realistic addition left good enough to add besides Ethereal, and even then I'm a little dodgey on it

what helm is that?

Nozdormu insane mode would've been a great expansion

Warlock Challenge mode set, I am too lazy to transmog it back on

cant find in appearances tab

PVP mount I believe

I like how we go back to vanilla Azshara for a few quests in Legion. I wonder if all the pre-cataclysm zones are still in the game files.

How would you make Naga playable?
Every Naga and their mum are loyal to Azshara of course, and the only ones who aren't were the ones under Lady Vashjj who was under Illidan.

You had to get it in MoP it doesnt exist anymore lad

You know I'm going to miss Metzen on writing

Because at least he didn't give us anything as insulting as what they are doing with Illidan this expansion

Just watched the movie. What went wrong?

So parts were so bad I was laughing

>what is cataclysm

Whoa, what's the name of that Chest piece?

But i'm playing BC in legion as a raid boss

Still not as bad as Illidan being the one who will bring about the end of demons

wowhead.com/item=90140/robes-of-the-betrayer

>the climax of the expansion being a pregnancy test isn't worse than the guy who hates demons killing the demons

>Koltira
>Not a useless fuck
Shit damage.
Shit Aggro.

You can get a lookalike from your warlock class hall in Legion.

Danke

He does fine at both for me.

>A random knife ear is somehow going to end a endless legion of demons

>implying the Demon Hunter won't hunt demons

>2d layers of armor in 2016 is unacceptable
debate me

Post YFW you realized that Prince Farondis is Bizarro Slyvanas

A normal hunter can do the job better

>Ends up aggroing the entire burning legion on accident then taunts off the tank

>You will never go into a small cave around silithus that connects you with Dun Morogh
>You will never again chat with your dwarven bros

What race should my rogue be?

>there is still an extra hidden appearance for each weapon that no one knows how to get yet
Bow is pretty nice, evoking the look of Rhok'delar.

>tfw reading these threads makes me want to play again
Why must I torment myself

They're not attainable, they are literally impossible to acquire and are likely being saved for patch content.

7.1 for sure. The trailer features classes with just about every single still-hidden skin

I'd kinda like to see them do something completely different, like putting in murlocs/one of those other hostile races in as a side faction.

You could form a clan or tribe or something in the same manner as a guild, and join the horde or the alliance with your guild as a kind of mini faction. Maybe have a single murloc class with it's own unique abilities, and specialisations which give you access to more traditional class roles.

I know it'll never happen, but i'd love to see them just go crazy and do something to shake up the formula.

Remember that the game is running off of Warcraft III's engine.

My bad. You're just some nigga with a bow and arrow AND a dog.

You go, champ.

He does good stuff.

I hope he gets better.

nah he'll just make me resub and spend $50 for two weeks of gameplay after which I'll unsub
I'd rather stick to this and let the past be past
youtube.com/watch?v=BLf5h25107k

There's one in Silithus, too? I know there's one up in the mountains near those two bunkers and the tunnel to Loch Modan. That one says you're in silithus.

These elves, man. Even death wont stop them

The greatest dancer.

>Stuck solo farming the first boss of Darkheart because I can't fine other druids that are exalted with Dreamweavers yet

WHAT IS THAT YOU HOLD DRUID?

I'd put you at medium, medium+, tops.

Is this a plot twist ? If the Emerald Dream was supposed to be Azeroth without mortal intervention then why does Thunderbluff appear in the nightmare ?

Damn, I meant plot hole not twist

because civilisation is a nightmare/blight

easy answer
its because walk with the earth mother

The druid you fight in Mulgore thinks that the Tauren betrayed her.

Something something Tauren are her nightmare I guess

It's purple, looks like shit unfortunately

This, probably: Dream is supposed to be untouched and unchanged, but the Nightmare has been corrupted.

That wouldn't make any sense
Xavius can do pretty much anything in the nightmare, I guess

Aren't the Tauren a race that would've formed naturally in Azeroth's development? I don't really know what blizzard is considering as mortal intervention really because eagles and furbold also exist in the grizzly hills nightmare.

It's for a future expansion.

Blizzard is going to try to cash in on Wotlk more. The Scarlet Crusade and The Cult of the Damned will rise again. Cult of the Damned will become the new lich king, but will be a faction that controls undead. Not just one king. Maybe like a Council or something.

They will invade Lorderan. Shit will go down. It will all somehow play into Sylvannas story. She'll become the bad buy. Eventually we kill Sylvannas and the Forsaken will rule themselves as a democracy.

>implying games like Lineage 2 didn't exist.

L2 not only had superior graphics, it was also double the scale of the maps.

I believe most races have formed naturally on Azeroth. There was something about the Well of Eternity that turbocharged evolution.

>L2 not only had superior graphics

everything was a shade of brown
technologically, maybe but stylistically not really

You know he's dead right? He can't get it up

> I want to visit it now.
theres a youtube video on how. bonus points if your a lock/mage/warr

Night Elves were Trolls
Goblins were stupid rock eaters
Humans were Vrykul
Vrykul were probably planted by Titans
Dwarves were Earthen

Most races are some corrupted/degenerated form of something else

>Eventually we persuade Sylvannas to stop and allow the Forsaken to rule themselves as a democracy
FTFY
Sylvanas dying (again) is just SJW-bait
Arguably on par with killing jaina

Same. I have several certifications to study for and I can't sink time into WoW right now.

why are people with +2/+3 keystones so elitist about what classes they let in
they're so easy

They want to get the extra chests for doing it faster

anyone 850+ can do that at +2/+3 though

>Blizzard
>Writing

Fucking Hakkar is clearly a nightmare corrupted wild god that said he would fight us again but he isn't even half mentioned and is about as forgotten as fucking Magatha

Hakkar is a Loa. Nothing about the Loa says "objectively good and compassionate"

SCREEEEEEE STOP FUCKING WITH MY HEADCANON.

>halfass an extremely important expansion
>sell the rest of the content back to you a decade later

yeah, I can see this happening. I wish I couldn't.

Your headcanon is a filthy slut and I'll fuck it any way I please

That's why they picked out the next warchief and nobody objected,

rigor mortis

>get my DH to 110 and do a dungeon
>actually having fun and not stressing over trying to get rng buffs/procs, rotation is actually smooth compared to others like UH DK

Fuck the haters.

>Can't mount
They could ride sidesaddle
Worked for women wearing long dresses for years

DH is an overtuned fotm class. I look forward to watching it get brought in line and the inevitable booty blasting that occurs when kids can't slap their pre pubescent peckers on their keyboards and top the charts

>telling a dying man that now isn't the time for his religious bullshit and to pick a successor like a proper leader

Death Knights control ice. He makes it hard by freezing it.

arthas did nothing wrong

Showing Jaina and Uther that the people were literally turning into walking corpses as they spoke would've been much more productive than simply yelling at them

>Chromie is my favorite character
>She still hasn't been corrupted yet

Feels good nigga.

Chromie doesn't need to be corrupted, she's always been insane

>wow that's a real sad sob story about some guy who died to the Scourge like thousands of others
>let's CHANGE HISTORY to save him!

Would male Blood Elves be better if they were beefier?

Are you a time traveller from the TBC Beta?

>warrior
>heroic leap
EASY MODE

>Sub-races are also a major thing we need.

This. I want to be moose tauren.

You will never match the majesty of Huln "Helicopter" Highmountain

absolutely disgusting

Men that used magic for literally everything would not be even remotely beefy.

You wanted them to be emaciated?

Except they've been able to be Warriors since Cataclysm, which requires muscle.

tfw belfs aren't the skinny twinks I first fell in love with

So the next expansion is going to be about the old gods right?

I feel from the amount of shit I've seen and learned about them more and more since cata that they're coming. Especially the remade Blackfathom Depths.

Old Gods are shit tier now. When the Pantheon found Old Gods infesting embryonic Azeroth, they just straight up picked one off and tossed it away. The Old God was embedded so deep it created a giant wound that ended up being the Well of Eternity. So the Titans sent their Aesir and Vanir to kick the shit out of them the old fashioned way and imprison them.

Old Gods are just minions of the Void Gods

because originally they planned to introduce Outlands as an "end game zone" rather than an entire new continent (and instance), as a patch before BC began development.

When they realized just how much of an undertaking it would be, they decided to move it from just a zone into an entire continent and base their next expansion around it, since apparently a lot of artwork and design had already been done for it.

For a while (up until Cata IIRC), you could still access the "alpha" end game zone version of Hellfire Penisula before it was scrapped and moved back to the BC expansion. It involved glitching past the end portal of Deadmines (past the pirate ship) to get into Westfall while still considered inside of the dungeon. There you could waterwalk or swimspeed your way off the coast and eventually hit the landmass.

Does anything memorable happens in those memories of arthas segments when you roam around with frost artifact?

Void Lords, rather

That's their starting area though. Remember that the next time we find Maiev after the DH starting zone is locked in prison guarded by Legion forces after she got fucked up by them, so she's not invincible.