Does any game come close to SC4 in terms of shelf life and amount of UGC available?

Does any game come close to SC4 in terms of shelf life and amount of UGC available?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=279736936
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can anyone link a good repack that has all the patches (maybe some community ones) so that I could play it on modern PC without having to google fuckton of fixes?

Nothing like that really exists. Most suggest to start out with NAM and then skim through the simtropolis and sc4devotion file exchanges to get things you like.

It's usually frowned upon by the community to share 'plugin packs' because it removes credit to the creator.

I haven't played SC4 in years. It's just too easy to make a financially solvent city full of happy and healthy people, so it all just comes down to making a nice-looking city.

Is there at least a commonly accepted fix that would keep game from crashing on modern PCs?

Most people that play are designers in some way and use money cheats so they can create their perfect city.

Yeah, you limit the game to 1 core.

Put this in the launch options:
-CPUCount:1

literally whats the point

just play Tropico at that point, at least that has interesting visual design challenges because of the smaller number of buildings and more silly height variations

That's all there is to it?

M8 comparing Tropico to SC4 is like comparing SC2013 to Cities:Skylines.

Pretty much. There's other tricks which you can find here:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=279736936

is this the vanilla game or modded, why does it look so comfy from what i remember

Heavily modded. Most people have over 1000 different assets. I personally have 1500+.

Man, good modern city building game in HD 2D... I can dream.

No need, we have sc4.

OpenTTD

Best mobile game I ever downloaded

Oh come on now, it's true but I wanted something new. Like... SC5! And then SC5 happened...

If you're just playing doll house, who cares about the game's depth?

If you're thinking of getting into nodded sc4, prepare to sink half the time into looking for decent mods.

There's a lot out there and most is shit. You'll spend a lot of time on websites designed in 2005 searching for the good stuff.

best place to download the mods, i actually just bought sc4 just because of your screenshots they look amazing

Warcraft 3
Half Life
Forged Alliance
Doom

Mods help keep the game and the community alive

sc4devotion and simtropolis

'Traffic Jam in Africa'

Bump

>tropico.jpg

>mfw 2013 game

So bad EA liquidated the entire branch of Maxis that worked on SimCity games.

On the bright side, absolutely nobody was hyped for that game.

game killed by inept design decisions and probably executive meddling to get people on origin

>feature X can't be done because of online!
>fans accomplish it with mods
>devs eventually do it themselves as well

it doesn't surprise me one bit EA would shank maxis over game's failure

Damn how do I make it look like these.
Gotta be a modpack somewhere.

As someone who heavily mods SC4, you don't really want a modpack. They'll have assets you'll never use and will simply clutter your menus.

Best to start fresh, download what you like and will use.