ITT: We revolutionize the Castlevania franchise, one idea at a time

ITT: We revolutionize the Castlevania franchise, one idea at a time.

>there are multiple draculas
>each has their own fully functioning castlevania
>they are at war with each other

>belmont's whip is his hair with a claw braided on the end
>he must headbang to attack his enemies
>overdoing it makes him dizzy and open to attacks

Sounds like a Bayonetta concept

>Backstory game where you play as Dracula travelling the world searching for exotic monsters to live in his castle.

>real time bulge physics

>while you're away some fucking vampire hunter empties out your whole castle and you have to start over

>you play as a little girl with a whip

More bridges made of bats.

>make it open world

Alright, this might be drastic but what about a new game?

>whole world is dracula

there are waifus you can romance

>You play as Dracula's African American cousin, Blackula

>Castlevania Extreme Street Racing

>Final boss is final form Dracula hanging sideways out of a souped up Lamborghini Diablo.

I'd fucking buy it. Dracula gets a coffin car, Jonathan and Charlotte get a Double Dash mechanic, Alucard just backdashes, it'd be great.

>We revolutionize the Castlevania franchise.

Done.

lmao

Multiplayer game where one player has to construct a castle as the other ventures through it.

Maybe something like Deception, but you play as Dracula.

>dracula has a text-to-talk feature

I wish this game would go multiplat just so people would stop pretending it's good.

I got bored with it before even making it all the way through my second playthrough, a record for a Souls title.

It would be a revolution since Bloodborne isn't very similar to Castlevania. Smart thinking, user.

Yeah right

Black protagonist.

Castlevania Maker! Good thinking!

Or something like the races against Wizpig in DKR.

Dawn of Sorrow takes place in 2036. We need to go further.

Castlevania: Advanced Warfare

3D Entry into the series. That is actually good. And has good combat. And Platforming.

It has never been done before. That trash that came out doesn't count. It's fucking terrible. Both 1 and 2.

Bloodborne is as close to a great 3D Igavania as we're going to get and you know it.

Space Castlevania.

The castle is now a gothic space station. The monsters include classics and aliens.

Fuck yourself, the N64 games are good.

The humans have abandoned Earth, leaving Drac with no means of subsistence. He uses the power of million of bats to propel the castle through space.

yeah this. make it more like tomb raider with a whip.

There are some similarities, but it's missing the platforming and the style of progression that make Symphony and its ilk what they are.

Dracula management simulator where you construct your castle and place traps and enemies to skill off Belmonts.

>It has never been done before.
>implying

Honestly I don't know what they fuck they were thinking with Lords of Shadow. I personally don't think that combat style fit Castlevania. And the locked camera made some areas completely fucked.

It should be more like a faster Bloodborne. Maybe something like Dragon's Dogma. But faster. Emphasis on Platforming and lotsa jumping.

The Castle is Dracula and you need to shrink down and enter his body fighting his immune system as you make his way towards the Dracul Brain to infect Dracula with the Dracula Pathogen and defeat him once and for all.

Kokoro Belmont game when?

>2D metroidvania.
>Takes place in 80's.
>Play as a 20-something knight in training. (Can play as male or female)
>Start with sword and shield.
>Gain access to other weapons like lances, battle axes, crossbows, war hammers, ball and chain, etc.
>Weapon upgrade system like Monster Hunter Generations.
>Also moves like Richter in SotN and Julius in DoS are unlockable via quests.
>Have factions and quests with different towns and cities.
>Fight monsters in abandoned factories, old manors/castles, forests, and caves across Europe.
>Map system like OoE.
>Night and day system like Simon's Quest without a text box.
>Half-way through game, starting home/base is destroyed by Dracula cult.
>Fight semi-revived Dracula in an unwinnable battle.
>Get recruited into vampire hunter clan.
>Meet Alucard and child Julius.
>Keep doing quests.
>Start fighting Dracula cult.
>Fully revived Dracula destroys vampire hunter hideout.
>Gain access to Vampire Killer.
>Unlock Castlevania.
>It's basically a remix of every castle in the past.
>Superbosses include: Carmilla, Ancient Axe Armor, Golden Skeleton, Orlock, Galamoth, Death rematch, and Whip's Memory (this unlocks final upgrade of VK and is a fight between every Belmont with awesome music for each one)
>After beating Dracula Julius comes to congratulate you and a dying Dracula attacks him.
>Your character takes the hit and dies mortally wounded.
>Ending see older Julius at your grave vowing he'll end it.

>Sequel is 1999 game.

Why not Castlevania: Advance Wars?

Lords of Shadow is as "Castlevania" (looking at the series as a whole) as shit like Lament of Innocence. The issue with LoS is that the series just isn't terribly good. I don't have a problem with fixed cameras, but I agree it wasn't always to LoS1's benefit.

But while comparisons are natural and inspiration is good, the issue with the 3D games has always been a lack of strong identity. For a 3D Castlevania game to be great and to properly justify its existence it shouldn't model itself after Souls or Dragon's Dogma or God of War or Devil May Cry. It should analyze and apply the design philosophy that made the series a classic to begin with. Otherwise, what's really the point?

>not a murcielago
cant you into symbolism user

I never got around to the Maximo games. Maybe one day.

Greatest fucking idea I've ever heard.

Let's Kickstart this fucking project.

Start thinking of BRUTAL/METAL names.

He's the original Belmont. The Vampire Killer is crafted from his hair.

S...seriously?

Wasn't there a woman Belmont who was THE original?

I've forgotten most of the lore.

Shit user, I got goosebumps

The most iconic weapon of the series is a whip called Vampire Killer. It is the legendary weapon used by the Belmonts in the fights against Count Dracula, although it is sometimes passed through other families as well.

The story of its origin is shown in Castlevania: Lament of Innocence, where it is created by Rinaldo Gandolfi for Leon Belmont, through the use of alchemy. This whip is later fused with the soul of Leon's betrothed, Sara Trantoul, to create the Vampire Killer.

What lore are you referring to, comrade?

She was retcon'd out because Castlevania Legends is awful and because Igarashi didn't like the story.

The new lore of retconning the shit games and replacing it with Hairmont.

So Lament of Innocence, but with a better budget, right?

user, don't do this to me, I know it won't happen

turn it into a pachinko game
oh wait

more sexy monstergirls

It's the best in the series, easily. But by the 4th entry in 5 years, it's not unreasonable to assume people would just be bored of it.

Mfw this will never happen.

Only problem I see is that Vampire Killer would just be a normal whip if the person didn't have Belmont blood in them. I forget how Jonathan unlocks VK's true ability in PoR.

Turn it into an iOS game.

He punch the soul of Richter to death.

Oh yeah now I remember. I just used the paper planes and pies

Well, memory of Ricther

>it's a "retarded virgins have no concept of production scale or budget"

Lords of shadow was one of my favorite games of the previous gen. Fight me.

>toughest boss in the game is best fought with joke weapons
>mighty Belmont felled by some kid throwing pies
Fucking Portrait of Ruin.

I liked it. Given the game developement, they did their best and it was a pretty nice reboot.

I also liked Mirror of Fate.

LoS2 was just meh tho.

The whip had some pretty shit memory, I think just just pictured Ritcher but remember Simon instead

Simon wouldn't have been felled by pies.

>no dracula or vampires
>no death or skeletons
>no classic monsters
>no mythology monsters
>all dark boring colors
>overworld is constantly cut by visits to the dream world
>most music is by the standards souls stuff
>no subweapons
>the only castle you enter isnt that cool
>Ayyliens plot from the halfway point
No user, i would know this isnt right because i WAS expecting this being "souls: castlevania edition" and was extremely disappointed.

But user, the classic Horror/lovecraftian Horror bait-and-switch is like the best part of the entire game.

>no dracula or vampires
>no death or skeletons
Vilebloods and Logarius. He even uses a scythe.

Castlevania dating sim when?

I think they were onto something with the multiplayer angle on that PSN/XBL game.

It was very rough around the edges and a proof of concept at best but it was genuinely enjoyable and a good multiplayer experience, I think it's the kind of game that would be very successful on steam sales and similar, and there's a lot of room for improvement in it

It would also be the sort of budget that I imagine Konami wants to spend on CV

It will of course never happen however

I still like it, dont get me wrong, but it was still a bait-and-switch, which left me wanting something else, it's like if your parents told you as a kid during a ride that the family is going to your favorite place to eat, but its a lie and and you end up in disneyland/your park of choice. You are still happy and maybe this is better than what you were expecting, but still leaves you salivating for something else.

>vilebloods
>hey, this one NPC lives forever thanks to blood cool eh?
>comparable to dracula or vampires enemies.
Fuck you.
>logarius
Eh, it's a good fight and i can see some similarities but if it was an actual death fight i can see playing way different and the design and music doesnt cut it for me, and also no fucking skeletons.

You play as dracula and manage your castle. Belmonts and other vampire hunters will attack it periodically.

gatcha mobile game

>Fewer builds
>No armor
>No shields (inb4 dexfags saying fewer playstyles are a good thing)
>Played out Victorian gothic aesthetic
>Scenery is all cathedrals and like one or two dilapidated villages
>Story/lore is an embarrassment
>Frenzy existing

Among other things. Like what you like but it certainly wasn't the best in the series, it's probably my least favorite besides Dark Souls 3, and Dark Souls 3 is practically Bloodborne 2: Reused Assets Edition

Not soon enough.

>Best music in series.
>Beat movesets in series -- in fact it's the only game with good movesets.
>Most consistent level design in series.
>Best overall combat in series.
>Best execution of mechanics in series (insight, blood bullet, backstabbing, rally, riposting, shooting, tranforming weapons, etc are all pitch perfect).
>Best enemies in series.
>Best atmosphere in series.
>Best narrative in series.
>Beast/Kin forms are absolutely top notch.
>Top tier bosses aside from a few stinkers.
>Lack of broken/terrible mechanics (poise, canned BSes on R1, agi, etc).
>Lack of shitty empty areas.
>Ranged/BSes/infinites/shields doesn't make the game a retarded cake walk.
>Actually has more combat variety due to attacks being beautifully balanced and useful instead of smashing R1 or soul arrow.

The only real gripes are "Sony 30™fps", gems and runes being underealized, the few stinker bosses, DLC is mandatory, and the lack of a properly balanced shield and these are nitpicks. The other Souls games having much, much worse problems, and a shittier design overall.

>Played out Victorian Gothic Lovecraft setting.

Stopped reading there.Compared to generic dark fantasy? You could find probably a couple dozen games a year set in dark fantasy and maybe a few in Victorian Gothic with HP.

i.e. Vampire Hunter D

>pc port never
Fucking why

>Best music in the series
Oh boy yeah my favorite is probably choir track 3, maybe 4

>No
>No
>No
>Transforming weapons was kinda cool
>No
>No
>Absolutely not
>Only about half of them like Gascoigne
>No, the bosses are extremely status quo

And the rest is you actually defending removal of features/content. And before you say that I didn't form an argument here, neither did you. Anyone can say "it has the best ___" and leave it at that, means nothing.

Wanna know why dark fantasy is used more? Because Victorian Gothic sucks, period. I don't wanna resort to meme argumentation but if anything comes to mind when someone says "fedoracore", it's probably Victorian Gothic. Castlevania does it right because of how much it meshes Transylvanian folklore and European mythology with all of the Victorian backdrops, in BB it's played out because every single setpiece is "DUDE CATHEDRALS AND COBBLESTONE"

A new Castlevania themed pachinko machine? Sure user we'll get right on it. We'll just cancel that Bloody Roar we were making and it'll be out in no time.

>Wanna know why dark fantasy is used more? Because Victorian Gothic sucks, period.

Too bad for you, because its easily one of the coolest setting in video games.

Neo-gothic has top tier arcihitecture.

>suikoden but with dracula
BOOK IT

>Entire game covered in a 70s funk theme
>Travel through Count Blackula's House Of Soul

>normal monsters have actual AIs and they can efficiently fight as a team instead of individuals throwing shit at you

Are you fucking retarded?

>2D metroidvania
Stopped reading there

Ir was shit since babby's first metroid clone. Only oldvanias were good.

You play as Dracula and you have to go to IKEA to furnish your castle. Between visits, you have to get into arguments with the contract workers to get them to make "a room that can only be access by double jumping".

sounds like shantae

>"That's not nearly high enough? Your average Belmont can leap 4 meters tall for Stan's Sake!"
>"Look, sir, when I can use actual building materials instead of filling the walls with chicken and potions I'll make your damn wall as tall as you want, but right now this is as much as it can get before crumbling"

ITT
>how to kill castlevania for good

So Kid Dracula minus that last bit?

Imagine coming to a website like Cred Forums and taking everything seriously. In every other aspect of life, someone saying something like this is seen as a joke, but on Cred Forums, it's trolling or "bait".

Fucking chill out.

DeathWhip
Hookbang
Schädel Hirn Trauma

Replace everything with little Girls. There, done.

>Alucard just rides a segway backwards
>Soma Cruz on a hoverboard doing the same thing
FUND IT

>It's an "user thinks games NEED 20 million dollar advertising budgets" episode

Symphony of the Night is gotyay. They could never top it though.

btfo