youtube.com/watch?v=ezQi7gfv4jg
youtube.com/watch?v=kc0Q9sfbhwg
youtube.com/watch?v=GBzWgZu9mCE
youtube.com/watch?v=SpNz-xx_sCo
youtube.com/watch?v=ds131CjWQew
youtube.com/watch?v=O7yiHbcgJQg
youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk
youtube.com/watch?v=P2g7tddHZ8E
youtube.com/watch?v=AOfK30CpTqc&index=35&list=PL6tEKS4ytBEMMPkj31m_waqdXku3Vjo63
youtube.com/watch?v=IhCDK_pSjnk
youtube.com/watch?v=BxRzzm-mjCE
youtube.com/watch?v=mRlnkyIhbeU
youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3ogNNy4bc
youtube.com/watch?v=NZtfJ1xixe8
youtube.com/watch?v=1ezki5FAwI4
youtube.com/watch?v=BHsWokO35jA
youtube.com/watch?v=3XbJtLOeFXY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y12nOFTUzPM
youtube.com/watch?v=kY_v2xbOzbQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nP3-G_TzI8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3P2LRqs4kew
youtube.com/watch?v=V7NAjkkFg_8
youtube.com/watch?v=GuXoSTexNJI
segashiro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/yak3-goodcover-canada.jpg
youtu.be/ARJyrgeNaGs?t=81
pastebin.com/qcainTu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gentleman, how do we make series catch fire in the west?

Third thread in a row? Well, okay.

easy. Buy several copies.

Make trailers that aren't ass, and actually put $2 into advertising it.

this

youtube.com/watch?v=kq-lIwyMV1g

Man why is the fight against Nishiki in Ishin so much cooler than the really cheap-feeling one in Kiwami?

Bring Karou back.

First of all, port all games on one platform. PC, PS4, Wiiu, I don't care. We need an easy way for people to play a first fucking game in the series.
Make trailers that will show gameplay and what you can do in these games. Not only cinematic trailers for fucks sake.
Give these games to youtubers, for example. Donkey's video was pretty popular.
Announce ports of these games on big news sites, using gameplay trailers and stuff.
And then release English versions of games without huge delay.

Make trailers that aren't terrible, actually show people why they should like it(Badass characters, fun fights including some sort of small Heat compilation, show some silly stuff), and stress the story factor. I'm sure calling it "the Japanese GTA" didn't help matters when people realized it's not exactly like GTA.

I bet Kenzan and Ishin would have done pretty decently if they tried to localize it assuming they showed off the sword battles and the cool samurai, we dig that stuff here in the west even if we don't exactly know the history.

Honestly, this is one of those really good games that flew under the radar and it's a damn shame since they have a great formula here, especially when appealing to the west, but they just royally botch the advertising.

Great background with the burning city, feels new, whereas Kiwami is a fight that we've already done before, Ishin just feels all around smoother and more responsive than Kiwami and finally and most importantly

dat fucking remix

youtube.com/watch?v=UONHPUcJsV0

Because it's a tense drawn out sword duel and not a quick blunt brawl in the worst possible location. On a separate note, how do you get more inventory slots in ishin?

>2:45
>dodges a fucking Tiger Drop
Is the enemy AI actually good or are Tiger Drops just weak in this game?

I think he was just too far away. I always have Tiger Drops that miss, it's funny looking.

Maybe that's all it was, yeah.

>how do you get more inventory slots in ishin?

You have to exchange your dharma points with the priest. The khhsubs guide should tell you all the things that you can get. It's even separated into different tabs so it's pretty convenient.

khhsubs.com/rggishindharmaexchange.html

But saying that, enemies don't a lot in Ishin, especially bosses and those fucking ninjas holy fuck those ninjas never stand still.

These

games

fucking

suck

Cool, thanks. I've playing through Ishin with this guide. Sucks that he's not gonna make one for 6.

>those fucking ninjas

Fuck those faggots so much, especially in the battle dungeons. I was constantly getting stunned by their stupid shurikens.

I'm not keeping up with these threads, but I'm curious, there was big announcement yesterday, what was it about?

Everything this user said. What they have done so far hasn't worked at all, they need to try all those things.

That would take more time to make than it would take for sega to localize it.

17 minutes gameplay video. Actually just intro to Majima's part.

>would take more time

But user, three to four years or so is still much shorter than

NEVER EVER

yeah I guess, looks like I'll have to go off of salty yen or whatever the fuck that guy who plays these is called.

do they speak in ye olde japanese in this?

I want to believe that it will take only 1-2 years this time.

>three to four years
didn't he translate all of ishin in less than a year?

He didn't translate it yet. But he still made a guide relatively fast.

Dunkey's Yakuza 3 video actually reignited my interest for the series sometime last year.

>I WILL AVENGE YOU... MY BROTHER

I'm not sure I was just guessing, I have no idea how long that guide took. It looks like it must have taken a lot of work though.

>exchange your dharma points with the priest

Correction, I just remembered that you actually need to use the shrines near the beginning. I believe you don't get access to the priest exchange until later on. Oh well, it should all be in the guide anyway.

oh yeah especially on a sword only run

Are Ishin and Kenzan better than Way of the Samurai 3/4?

>those flippy spear guys
>6 of them at once

by a million miles

OP of that thread here.

I'm so glad the hat fit.

Playing through the first game now. I like it.

TRIGGERED

Remember to stick to 2-3 hit combos, not the full set or you'll just be hitting air. Dodge a lot, only grab when there's one guy as grabs are flimsy and always leave you open.

These spear guys are more annoying than the sumos from Kenzan.

>fighting 4 spearfags
>two ninjas randomly run in

Did anyone save the 7 Kyodai post?

That idea was fucking awesome.

7 samurai setting is overused so it will never happen

Depends on what you're looking for. Way of the Samurai is a better role playing game, since it let's you affect the outcome of the story and has multiple endings, whereas Kenzan/Ishin is just a linear story that you can't change.

I personally prefer the combat in Yakuza to WotS, and Kenzan/Ishin feel more polished in general. They also give you more things to see and do, since WotS games can be kind of limited outside of their samey sidequests.

I really like both series though and I think if you like WotS, then you'd probably be able to get into these games pretty easily (assuming you really like the feudal Japan setting of course).

But the way it was set up to fit the Yakuza aesthetic was beautiful.

It was in the previous thread.

>bandits keep raiding a poor farming village
>the peasants gain the attention of Kiryu (a ronin) who offers to help them drive away the bandits
>the peasants agree, but they can only pay him with rice
>Kiryu accepts and forms a band of ronin composed of himself, Akiyama, Tanimura, Saejima, Majima, Goda and Shinada
>Seven kyoudai: coming 2017

Yeah a lot of the times I get fucked over tend to be when I use long combos. Are there a lot of special grabs in this game? The only ones I've done so far are slamming peoples heads against walls and throwing people into ponds.

I've known about this series for years and never knew shit about the plot but I'm really enjoying 1's story so far especially since the side story's seem to tie in with the main story too.
>Do a side story and suddenly there's a fucking tranny stripper with a shotgun after me
>youtube.com/watch?v=gmhvIX-uXEA

Bakumatsu is the most overused samurai setting by far, yet Ishin exists.

>tranny stripper
I presume that's the strongest, highest class of stripper enemies.

I'm not that user, but I also started playing the first game. I'm already on chapter 10, what's the most important thing to level as high as possible?

Also, please tell me that the second game does away with the shitty fixed camera

Third one does.

The PS2 games are fixed. 2 sets better angles though.

man these 8 star and up battle dungeons are hellish

What was the significance of this man anyhow?

It's so sad that he got assassinated in a restaurant. What a shitty way to go.

The worst ones are the ones that limit what cards you can use. I pretty much had to play like a little bitch and just spam my OP pistol as much as possible while moving back.

That fight caught me off guard so much but it cemented my love for the boss theme

youtu.be/Y6UMGniL5fA

Man, I would kill for a framed poster of Kiryu's signature black and white kick pose.

Yuya's face in during that bit holy fuck.

Grab heat moves are mostly specific the environments like walls or poles in the early games.

Actually, the fella in the photograph shows up in the game.

pastebin.com/Pav6M3Dn

>Emulator
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php
>Y 1 and 2
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_(USA)/151002
emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_2_ISOs/Yakuza_2_(USA)/151001
>Bios, select PS2
emuparadise.me/biosfiles/bios.html

Why did they not bring Yakuza 1/2 HD to the west? 2 is so expensive

>Historically Accurate
>Kiryu is wearing sandal
>actually, Ryoma was wearing boots

Nobody knows. Especially it's weird, considering that translation was fucking done already.

it's a joke name, user

Dead Souls didn't sell.
Along with Sony we had to literally beg Sega for 2 years to greenlit Y5 localization alone.

Sega and Atlus are both fucking retards.

Yeah, he's the guy that gets killed by Kiryu in the intro iirc

I thought it was pretty funny.

These emulator settings kill all the bloom completely, though, don't they? I actually preferred playing in native res just to have them, since it adds quite a bit of atmosphere to the city.

And by bloom I mean all the glow that comes from any light source

1 and 2 on PS1, worth playing or just skip to 3?

Playing Yakuza made me realize I'd love living in Japan. For some reason I love cramped and cozy places. Bars or even apartments.

Weird huh?

Here are my settings. They should have bloom. At least they did last time I had played.

modern for the most part, with some flair.

think way of the samurai (1 and 2).

see

I'm not gonna be playing them on emu, i'd be playing them on PS2. Cause who the hell wouldn't if they had fmcb?

>they implemented karaoke into Ishin
>machine gun kiss playing during ramen minigame

I fucking love this team, and Orange Nagoshi.

BINARY DOMAIN 2

WHEN
H
E
N

I have FMCB and I still prefer emulation. No downside, really. Same game in higher res.

Especially with Y1 loading times, at least PCSX2 shortens them.

Karaoke with Majima ia awesome.

Kawaoke is hard as fuck in this game though. There's a weird delay to it.

>assassinated in a restaurant.
an inn, actually

Still a damn shame.

Yeah, it has it, but the effect is completely off point and suffers from extreme ghosting unless you're playing in native. Oh well, I don't really mind native that much.

>Man, I would kill for a framed poster of Kiryu's signature black and white kick pose.

Fuck, I didn't know I wanted this.

>shame.
an indignity, actually

Well, dead people don't feel that.

Need a yakuza subquest that lets u beat up Nigerians

youtube.com/watch?v=Z_dijS1tzmg

>Fuck, I didn't know I wanted this.

I don't smoke, and yet I want one of these. I'm so jealous of all the cool merchandise that Japan gets.

I'm pretty sure you get atleast one in Yakuza 3.

It's too late, user. Y3 was their last chance and they blew it with pointless cuts and censoring.

I forget if it was a quest in Yakuza 1, but Kiwami has a quest were these African (?) guys start flipping out inside of a clinic after they think the doctor let their friend/sibling die and Kiryu has to set them straight with a good ass kicking. I thought it was pretty funny.

> (You)
>Well, dead people don't feel that.
an al'3 av, avctual;;lly

kaoru and kiryu were cute together

too bad they shipped her off to America or whatever so Kiryu could keep being the poster boy. why does daigo have to go and ruin everything?

Actual marketing, Yakuza 0 could be the best point to boost its popularity, but they are not doing it right. We better pray they do it right with Kiwami, if it ever gets here.

They didn't even need to ship Kaoru off at all, there'll always be a police element to these stories and Date's been doing the "I'm too old for this shit" thing for even longer than Kiryu has.

>This is the third episode of our show
>filename shows that it's the 4th
Nani?

WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE BAND THAT DOES BUBBLE

I WANNA WHOA WHOA WHOA

She's a baka.

shonan no kaze, they also did the opening for the psp game
youtube.com/watch?v=qAvcHwlxxIo

I can't find the actual music video for some reason.

Is this anime fun?

this scene took me by surprise

I thought Majima was gonna straight up wreck his shit, but the way he turned it around made my jaw drop. I believe people who say the writing is great.

Anyone watched this show?

for Bubble?
youtube.com/watch?v=5Pl3Gq9tAlE

I don't know if they did one for born to be wild

Playing Yakuza 1, chapter 7 when you can take Haruka wherever she wants to rise her trust.
Should I try to rise her trust to the highest levels now, or I will able to further rise her trust later?

Lone wolf and cat?

Kiryu actor!

Neko Samurai.
youtube.com/watch?v=a7k112vDJgk
The movie is ok, but the TV show is better.

OH SHIT

he has to be mixed race

So i'm playing 4 and i'm doing the mission where you give shoko money and follow her to the hostess club in Akiyama's part.

Is the man next to the loan shark Tite Kubo?

This is why we're starting from Zero.

Just got #5 and-

>Saejima going full ham with LUGE OF RUV
>Followed by the somber Bakamatai

Boy did that catch me off guard.

christ that's adorable

Majima>>>>>Kiryu

The movie and both TV show seasons are translated. Here's the 1st seasons subs if you want:
earth-colors.dreamwidth.org/93745.html
The 2nd season subs are also on that site.

The series are on nyaa. Just search Neko Zamurai. The movie is similar to the 1st season but some parts were cut and changed so I suggest watching the TV show. There's also a 2nd movie which is set right after the 2nd season but to my knowledge it's not translated.

this movie and the prequel film were so fucking well made god damn it took me by surprise

No it's gay

>eyepatch on the wrong eye
THEY HAD ONE FUCKING JOB

youtube.com/watch?v=gU6gqEHd6ss

Is 2:00 in this vid pic related?

Do you think Yakuza 0 will be a good hop on point, or will it be filled with spoilers

>This is why we're starting from Zero.

>trashy asshole getting shot like a punk
>better than the dragon of dojima

I wanna go here.

If I want to get into yakuza do I start from the beginning or what?

youtube.com/watch?v=M2pJzi_9tQ8

Yes, you play Yakuza 1 from PS2. Emulate it or play on PS2. Here are settings

fuck the difference in detail between 30 years is astonishing

also fuck haruka's segment

>do I start from the beginning or what?

No, start from the end idiot.

>also fuck haruka's segment

>his bandana says "waiting" instead of samurai.

That attention to detail tho

Haruka's segment was amazing

I loved it, but man did it drag on..

>fuck haruka's segment
Agree.

Looking at the recent Y6 videos, is the combat basically just Y4/5's style but applied to this new physics-heavy enivoronment now? That sounds alright but why drop what they had going in Zero/Kiwami at all?

Not enough variety in songs, and holy shit it was probably the cheesiest the story has ever gotten in this series.

Also Haruka's workout outfit isn't selectable in free mode for her for some reason and that pisses me off, it's the best one

>this persona was """amazed""" by it

The only amazing part was how Akiyama got shafted for it.

Neee, oto-chan.

>wasn't ever worthy enough to get his own part
But I'm hoping Akiyama managed to tap her at one point

Can't find any decent fan art for this game. I just want kazuma lookin bad ass in a non deviant art tier pic.

>tfw not a single response for a pissed off Kiryu cracking his fists in the drawthread

>only other board that has RGG thread is Yaoi
>mfw

youtube.com/watch?v=XXrVeiEXtYs#t=32.159979

>this install
>before this I'll have 6
>fucking squats and deadlifts in the gym

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Please tell me my Yakuzabros hit the gym too.

Apparently there's no installation screen on PS4, but you can watch this from main menu.

>can watch it anyway

fuck it I'll take it

listen to this trash music

youtube.com/watch?v=MUTt6TrUJ3A

did they have a new guy for kiwami??

I love the first game's soundtrack. It is wholly original with guitars and sounds from Sega games but with a really dark opressing mood to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=19-34KJMCJk

ROLLING EYES FALL

I wonder how Yakuza would be remembered as just a one-off game? Something like Rez.

Is Yakuza the best games Sega has ever developed?

That's actually ok, it just doesn't fit Yakuza at all.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6tEKS4ytBENBtazdJ2xh-5-zOR0_QLxm

I have a huge boner for the 80s, and this is so good.

I like that install screen

visually it's pretty lazy compared to their previous efforts even ishin

Anyone remember that?

go to pixiv and search 龍が如く

Kiwami feels pointless because most Yakuzas feel like a Remix/Remake of the first game anyways.

youtube.com/watch?v=HGR8nDO6Ywo

fucking hell they're nailing the 80s aesthetic

this is my new cardio music

damn that's good

Could you fight your brother shirtless for honour?

They clearly couldn't think of a story role for him. "This client I had was in some deep shit" moreorless is all they could actually do with him at that point. He basically was just there at all due to being popular.

Despite his weird role in the story I still liked his aloof characterization. He didn't particularly give a shit about Haruka herself but Kiryu's his hero and he'll help him out for that, I liked that.

I love it

RgG Zero 80's Hits! Collection - 11 - ANGEL (Kuroda Takaya _ Kiryu Kazuma)

youtube.com/watch?v=DkM64u0pid8

Does anyone have that pastebin with links to all the Yakuza soundtracks?

pastebin.com/L1ypDL83

mega.nz/#!voVCQZ6D!zm9RClvwoGdaq4fHckldVS0Wdsy9wP2F_e-ZuZv9PHI

I thought Dead Souls was pretty fun, but a bit repetitive.

Neat concept though. Don't really see a lot of Japanese zombies. I hope they decide to revisit the idea, departures from the usual setting are nice every once in a while, like Ishin.

Of all the things to take away from those images

Did this song:

youtube.com/watch?v=0BTpQTzj8iE

Remind anyone else of:

youtube.com/watch?v=T43HIVB6bME&index=3&list=PL66256910514CC99C

Between those two songs? No. But this game's OST reminded me a hell of a lot of Samurai X.

>game with Kiryu as Kenshin with the dark OVA tones will never happen

What's with all the god damn gayness?

We're all gay for Kiryu in here.

Shit, Yakuza's pretty damn fun.

Guess I better get 3, 4, and 5...

youtube.com/watch?v=74a0YYLA7Sk

yes man

3 fucking months

>2 months until 6

Is anyone else just planning on looking up all the spoilers? I don't think I can wait years to find out what happens to everyone.

youtube.com/watch?v=SYeYBbUFWPI

I'm planning on importing the game because I'm not a retarded faggot.

PCSX2 keeps freezing in Chapter 13 of the first game after I beat up the first bunch of rioters, any workaround?

>nobody answered.

W-w-why?

Raising her rank is a waste of time to be honest. They items you get are crap anyway.

rude af desu

Do you speak moon? Because I'm sure you're aware that there more than likely wont be any guides or walkthroughs or anything around at launch right?

I mean if you can enjoy just running through the story and skipping a bunch of the side content and not knowing what anyone is saying, then good for you I guess. But for those of us that actually like to get the most out of our games, it would be fucking stupid to buy a game in a language that we don't understand, especially without there being any guides or translations up anywhere.

Meh, it's not bad, she gave me an excuse to visit more places and to do the minigames, and the last iteam she gave me was better than what I was equipping. The problem is that I've already dicked around enough, I want to meet Nishiki but I'm still barely at half of the trust bar. I would complete it later if I could do it after this chapter.

>Do you speak moon?

Sorry for being rude. It was just a jest.

I have been importing since 3 not knowing shit, but the cutscenes and events have told the story more than enough for me. Being a fan this long you know all the tropes, and 6 seems to bringing back a lot of old tropes.

I'm hoping by importing I said interest.

>I said interest.

I RAISE interest.

What a weird typo.

No, that's fine.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to importing, I've done it for Ishin and Kenzan. If a few years go by and I see no news about 6 ever being localized, I'd definitely import it and just brute force my way through it.

But I still think I get the most enjoyment out of these games when I'm able to do as much as possible. Importing 6 without a guide would mean never getting a high completion percentage, and while not everyone cares about that sort of thing, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much, since I really enjoy the side content in Yakuza games.

I do hope those that do import it share a lot of details in these threads.

as someone who has been in a lot of street fights

the feeling of grinding your fist against someone's head even for a second feels fucking great

this game is the future of punch

As someone who hasn't played the first two games, what's the deal with Kaoru? I keep hearing she could have been a fine choice for a female fighting protag or something. Does she kick ass when she appears or something?

It's my motivation to get /fit/

it's all about discipline

>for a female fighting protag or something.

They were talking about a Date-like role, not about a protag role.

>As someone who hasn't played the first two games

This difference in style, are you referring to the fact you can't switch fighting styles on the fly?

>lost 50 lbs
>Slightly stronger
Arigato, Kiryu-San.
youtube.com/watch?v=ezQi7gfv4jg

>those two missions you're forced to use different weapon cards that are inferior to the sword ones which allow you to absolutely cut through enemies like butter even with their billions of health bars
One of the reasons I hated the dungeons by the end, having to improve the gun to OP status to make things go smoothly and that awful RNG around loot to improve weapons made things a chore.

youtube.com/watch?v=kc0Q9sfbhwg

>resting between sets
>FEEL THE FORCE
>FEEL THE POWER
>drop at 1:15 hits
>PRs PRs everywhere

half my lifting playlist is yakuza

Take it away from Sega give it to Squeenix.

Say what you want, but. Squeenix managed to gather insane following and hype for a fuccboi onrails roadtrip of a game, and a whole brand of autism for a side-series that mixes said fuccbois with Disney characters.
They also took said fuccboi series and made two of the most popular MMOs ever, latest one only second to WoW.

They also managed to take an oldschool RPG genre and reinvigorate it on the 3DS, and continuously bring over and nurture their 2nd most known series which is an oldschool JRPG with DragonBall-tier art with grest success in JP and a moderate one overseas.

If anyone can save this series from SEGAs retardation, it's Squeenix. If only because they admit to a mistake and learned how to handle overseas demands.

No, hell fucking no, they would fuck up the series by taking too damn long to make the game, that would be much worse than having sega produce it

Also, this almost killed me. I wish there were more unique scenes for the different activities, though.

The character development is.

The plot itself is fucking bonkers. There's a reason for the rubber bullets meme.

Hell I still don't get what the fuck happened in Y5's final arc
It seemed like something interesting was gonna happen then everything just becane fucked and characters stopped making sense and kept repeatedly beating each other shirtless because lol Yakuza barabara.

It's a shame because Y2 had both good characters and a plot, and this stopped being true since Y3. Every game improves on almost everything but the plot keeps getting shittier.

You can even see in Y6 how Kiryu is just so tired of being pulled into another dumb plot and is like "fuck this shit, imma kick your ass I don't even care any more".

remember when shinada fought baba because that made total fucking sense?

youtube.com/watch?v=GBzWgZu9mCE
How the fuck does it run so good while I'm getting black lines on the right side of a screen in oGL?

Seeing how the last GTA was made almost over four years ago (which is what people always associate open world crime games to), and the only other recent crime boss game is dindu bait, Sega could easily push it into the west if they just shake their titties in front of the cameras at game expos.

Just advertise it with actual good trailers. Show it off more at game expos. Try to send a message through the consumers that it isn't another GTA clone and is its own beast with a history built in over a decade through the games themselves.

The worst part about it was branding it Yakuza when you aren't even in the Yakuza outside of the first chapter of the first game/remake of the first game and first chapter of 0. I mean just think about it, would they really just call Kenzan and Ishin Yakuza if they ever localized it?

They should have erased the slate and rebranded it Like a Dragon after the first two games failed to garner the GTA crowd as Sega of America tried to do.

And lastly I guess make a PC port to test the waters as some niche games hit it big, others did just well enough.

dude baseball lmao

>Baba contemplates about going through with killing Haruka
>Decides not to
>Shinada comes and tells him he will stop him
>Reassures he ain't gonna do it and tries to leave
>Shinada claims he still needs to beat some sense in him for Taiga and the fact he gives cheaters a bad name for leaving his camera equipment behind
It was so fucking stupid.

Maybe Shinada was just fed up with ruses considering it fucked his liife and didn't want that shit anywhere near a young girl full of dreams

I agree. The Jap welfare lifestyle is 100% my style.

I live in a shithole country thou so not working 9-5 or menial labour = literally no money since even people with stable jobs have no money to buy a home.

> Majima
> trashy asshole
> not best buddy ever and a true loyal friend, plus a cool smartass who got no chill

You are not my Kyodai.

Never

>Asian protag
>most characters are Asian too
>set in Asia

literally no chance

>3 straight days of yakuza threads

boi

There is a lot of shit I missed in my first playthrough of Yakuza 2, shit man. Glad there was a guide for it.

Kiryu looks so hot in his Y0 suit.

>He hasn't played 1 and 2
>He hasn't gone through the tedious experience of 1 while enjoying the huge jump in quality/playability of 2, along with a well-written female character in Kaoru

Where is the connection between Super Monkey Ball and Yakuza.

AiAi VS. Yakuza

Yakuza minigames VS. SMB Minigames

>mahjong sidequest

slight spoilers for 0

>when the mad dog gets uncaged and reign starts playing out of fucking nowhere

I think there was Super Monkey Ball in Yakuza 0 Vita app.

This.

This series will always be seen as "too Japanese" by most normalfags.

Look at all the series with non anime Asian characters

Fatal Frame: niche as fuck
Way of the Samurai: ditto
Siren: I think maybe 3 people actually remember these games
Onimusha: Successful for a little bit and then died
Tenchu: dead
Shenmue: LOL

Sleeping Dogs is like the one exception and that still didn't do well enough to get a sequel (plus it was developed in the west). People in the west only want Asian characters when they have an anime aesthetic, everything else will always come off as too foreign.

DAMN YOU WHITE PIGGU
YOU'LL PLAY GAMES WITH NIGS BUT NOT JAPS

to be fair, most western games also don't sell well in Japan.
They won't play the game with non Anime white characters.
GTA or CoD maybe sell well but those sales nothing compared to Yakuza or MonHun

cultural difference between West to Asia is fucking huge.

Off topic but since you brought it up, I finished the original fatal frame and thought it was really clunky and unbalanced. Are the sequels better?

Sleeping dogs was received pretty well I think

It's a shame, really. But it is the truth.

In any case, glad I'm a /jp/sie and follow everything and anything related to glorious nippon

Nearly every comment in one of IGN's Yakuza 0 E3 videos were calling it a shitty PS2-era Sleeping Dogs ripoff.

I would love to play the Yakuza series, but Yakuza 1 and 2 are not easily obtainable outside emulation or buying the PS2 versions in the west despite the Wii U, PS3, and PS4 getting remastered versions in Japan. I want to start at the beginning of the series and not half way through with Yakuza 3.

If they would finally port them over to PC or at least port it over to the PS4 in a collection in the west, I would pick them up. Otherwise, I am not going to play it.

Fucking Snake Flower Triad stragglers...

I like the series a lot, but if you didn't like the first game, then you may have a hard time getting into the other ones. The tank controls are a big part of FF. The combat did improve a bit though, and the later games reward you for timing and setting up big combos a lot more than the first one, which can be fairly satisfying. The difficulty was also significantly dropped from the first game, so if that was something that bothered you, then maybe you'd still enjoy the other ones.

I'd say try playing 2, that one seems to be a lot of people's favorite game in the series. If you can't get into that one, then yeah, it's probably just not for you.

>/jp/sie and follow everything and anything related to glorious nippon

I know what you mean. /jp/ is my homeboard too

/jp/ is comfy af

>113 days, 9 hours, 46 minutes until 0 releases in the west

Or maybe it was just badly written.

No really, everything that had Daigo relating to it was just... Ughh. Just fucking kill yourself, you useless sack of shit.

Well at least we're getting a cool business card holder with 0. I actually do tend to get quite a few business cards going to local events and whatnot, so I'll probably use it.

How do we find these people and make them see how stupid they are?

There are oceans of idiots all over the world, nothing can be done about it.

I do the same thing, and can't read or speak japanese at all.

I'll be streaming it too, maybe this time around a viewer could read some. Definitely posting in Yakuza threads to share what's with 6.

Speaking of IGN,
>watching the Majima video they put out a couple of days ago
>when it finally gets to gameplay the tutorial says to watch out for the guy to attack and then hit X to dodge
>whoever is playing just starts mashing X until they win
God damn it. These are the people that will play and review 0 and give it a mediocre score. It hurts.

rip Kiryu

Didn't someone from gamespot or another one of those shit websites complain that Yakuza 5's combat "wasn't as good as Batman or Assassin's Creed"?

It was a gamespot review.

Yup. Because there was no giant flashing thing over the enemies heads before they tried to hit you, it was deemed "clunky" and not as good as BamHam. What the fuck.

Which is ironic because they complained about Mad Max playing exactly like the recent Batman games as they think its getting stale from everyone copying it.

>play yakuza 1
>love it
>sudden realization I wont be able to play 3-5 since I sold my PS3
FUCK

>selling your consoles

I actually didn't mind Kiryu's dub voice. Obviously Takaya Kuroda is a god, but his dub voice was pretty good compared to some other characters.

It might be a tretch but i think yakuza 0 is a good starter for series fans. Although you might feel aqesome when you see younger versions of some characters, it could have an adverse effect. Some could probably care more about Nishiki in yakuza 1 if they bond with him in 0. IDK havent played 0 but this seems like yakuza 0 could have this effect.

Fucking seriously? You just can't win with these people. I'm awaiting the reviews of 0 that say some stupid shit like it's not different enough from 5 or that the gravure stuff is creepy.

I just felt deep-seated longing man. Nishiki is a total bro in 0.

These are the type of people that think sleeping dogs is much better so i think its a lost cause, besides, if yakuza 0 is successful, normies and e-celebs are going to fuck up yakuza like sonic

Yeah, I liked his eng voice, it gave a badass vibe.

If it's successful then we'll have a proper chance of seeing 6 in English within our lifetimes. I don't think sega would begin catering to western normies with Yakuza though because they definitely won't rival the sales they get in japan. They still won't matter too much.

Also played a serial killer!

>dat roar of rage before Arase's fight

KUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So what was the official explanation for why we're never getting Ishin? "Too Japanese?"

DADADADADA

DADADADADA

BRRRRRRRRWWWWWP

Nope, Nagoshi said when asked before the game was released in Japan that he would love to localize it in the same interview and that was it, never heard anything after.

We just assume they don't want to risk it even when the PS4 desperately needed games.

Ah. For whatever reason I thought I remembered seeing someone from sega saying they weren't going to bring it over because the story wouldn't make sense without prior Japanese history knowledge or something. Guess I'm retarded and dreamed up an excuse then, disregard.

I will never get tired of his theme/KUZEEEEEEEE posting.

I think it was the guy who started the whole dialogue between Sony and Sega when the question was brought to him. He played it to test it out which he tweeted out, but that was it.

>Watched Ichi the killer
Holy fuck man that was a ride.
Didn't get the ending, though.

Damn. Wish they brought it over, pretty much no chance of that happening now is there? I just took the plunge and started playing it with the guide the other night and it's pretty great so far. It definitely could've been an amazing game to bring over back in 2014 when ps4 was hurting for games.

Probably not, and I agree on it being a good game and it certainly could have given the series a much needed buzz in the West if they just struck while the iron was hot.

I played through Yak 1 and 2 on an emulator last year, but my old PS3 finally crapped out with the yellow light of death before I got more than an hour into 3. Finally got around to ordering a cheap refurbished one due to arrive next week so I'm real excited to get back to playing this series

>Gentleman, how do we make series catch fire in the west?

Well first and foremost, dub the game.

They will never be popular here with only nip voices.

Is there anyone who could dub Aniki well?

Ewwwwwwwwwww

As disgusting this sounds, it's a plausible strategy since the west has shit taste. But fuck that, I'll take my chances.

I don't want it to become popular.

And I want it to sell

>ign puts out a 17 minute video on majima
>15 minutes of cutscenes followed by two minutes of poor gameplay
NO! Bad Sega! Just show normies some cool heat moves or something! God damn it why do they never care about marketing over here?

It's a very expensive strategy that didn't work.
I agree with this user and his triple 0.

Literally no way it will be popular in the west due to it being in Japanese.

>baseball manager minigame in 6

This is going to suck up all of my time, I can feel it.

if the voice director was better the voices would been better. kurylo was great imo. especially in combat scenes he has a great voice, it just falls apart when he acts. needed more direction

Completely agree.

1988 huh? Listen to the groove and just dance!

youtube.com/watch?v=ds131CjWQew

This is KIWAMI levels of groovy.

There are a few barriers to entry
>Yakuza is only on PS2
>Yakuza 2 is only on PS2 and is also insanely expensive
>Every Yakuza after 1 has no dub, which is a negative to a lot of normal people/normalfags
>Yakuza 1 has a dub and it's really bad, makes the whole game hard to take seriously at times (KILL THIS ARROGANT MOTH,ER,FUCK,ER)

I think they should market 0 harder, since it's a prequel. They should've gotten Sony to push it harder at E3, they spent plenty of time talking about third parties but Y0 didn't get shit.

They should also release Yakuza 1 and 2 digitally on PS4.

I liked it too,

oh baby

damn this is pretty bangin

kuzeeeeeeeeee

yawn

HOOO

U REALLY TRIED

Does the HD PS3 port of 1 and 2 run at 60fps?

no

it runs as good as the zone of the enders hd collection on 360

Kiwami was shit, Carlton.

>tfw no Carlton dlc in zero

>tfw the English version of Yakuza 6 won't be coming out until December 2047

If we're lucky.

Japan is always so amazing when it comes to music.

Kiwami means extreme in Japanese.. I know, man.

I want her to suck up all of my slime, if you know what I mean.

Luke Skywalker was pretty damn good as Majima.

Michael Madsen was just in Japan to get drunk.

This isn't even ironically good. It's REALLY fucking good, like I wanna find this on Spotify now.

Please tell me this is in the game in some capacity.

good enough for me
thanks user

Mate, Zero's plot has been the most straight forward since 2.

It was a joke, they both run at 60 fps.

They would've gotten it easy if they actually localized 1&2HD but now we have to see if 0 and Kiwami help put the series back on the map
Also, localize Ishin. Americans love samurai bullshit

You know we won't be getting Kiwami unless Zero sells well. And you KNOW it won't because they will never market it right in the west.

I will keep dreaming of a Ishin localization until I die though.

Seeing as Zero is getting physical and Kiwami is just a reskin of 1 for the most part, I think it's safe to say we're gonna get that. Ishin is much less likely

What the fuck was his problem?

>I will never cause trouble for Saejima again
>almost instantly goes and starts trouble for him
What a fuck.

he didn't BELIEEEEEEEEEVE IN YOUUUUUUUUUU hard enough

guys i just wanted to say i love you all
these threads are my favorite and i always have the most fun in them

Yes, yes they are!

Glad you all like it.
Whoa there buddy, Yoko is for non-sexual viewing purposes.
Heh, I wish. It definitely inspired the karaoke songs/original songs that fit the atmosphere of the game, though.

He's listed on Spotify, but I don't use it that much, so maybe you can find it for yourself!

Here's a sultry, catchy, track from one of Japan's biggest J-pop idols back then!

Akina Nakamori - Cancel!

youtube.com/watch?v=O7yiHbcgJQg

How do we let Nagoshi know that people in the west still want Ishin/Kiwami/want 6? Spam SegaPR on twitter? Do we send them a huge card filled with out pleas? Commit sudoku in front of their HQ?

>tfw i dont like kuzes boss theme

Downloading Yakuza 1 now, what should I expect? Any beginners tips?

shiet i heard this in a future funk song
the original is better

>that track

fucking choice m8
Expect clunkiness.

Don't do full 4 hit combos when fighting a crowd of people, avoid grabbing in crowds too as it leaves you open. Stick to 2-3 hit combos and dodge often. I always see people complain they're just attacking air because people keep doing full 4 hit combos pointlessly.

Buy dog food.

KILL THIS ARROGANT MOTHER FUCKER

I feel like an old Japanese grandma reminiscing about the bubble era listening to this song. In a good way. Really sexy voice.
I SUGGEST YOU BLOW ME

>mfw salty yen cant fight for shit but does great videos

CANCELRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

If a sub-mission provides you a choice you better look up a guide or you risk locking yourself out of 100% which has a secret boss if you get it. If you don't care about that then don't bother since you also need to keep track of locker keys and the sidequests themselves are missable.

If you don't visit Don Quixote at least once you're missing out.

The crane machine is fun.

shieeet this if fuckin great

oh man watching him play hurts

he's got some moves

The guitar is just icing on the cake. So good.

>play yakuza 3
>mission with "Michiru"
>think it would be funny to see what happens if i let myself get caught
>kiryu gets raped

surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=TuqPiPdxslk

get ready to F.

Well, my mom listened to this Meiko Nakahara song all the time when it first released, so maybe you and her are kindred spirits.

She plays it a lot when she cleans the house. Coincidentally, it was released in 1988 as well! Groovy! This could've been placed in 0 without a second thought. It fits really well in my opinion.

Meiko Nakahara - Dance in the Memories (1988)

youtube.com/watch?v=P2g7tddHZ8E

KILL THIS

DUMB MOTHERFUCKER

Playthrough ruined, had to restart to restore my honor.

HEY YOU

...damn.

STUPID

OLD

Your mom lived in some good times then, damn. This song is really good as well.

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!
I'm not ready for it.

HARUKA

He won't die. Don't fall for the meme again.

DELET

WHAT DA FUK

Holy fuck you're right. It could definitely fit in 0 as one of the tracks you dance to, kinda reminds me of this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=AOfK30CpTqc&index=35&list=PL6tEKS4ytBEMMPkj31m_waqdXku3Vjo63

this is amazing

It's true though, she's old and used now.

Yakuza 4 Haruka was best Haruka.

Who is your guy's favorite sunshine orphanage orphan, for me its taichi. He just does some weird shit like climb on the roof during hide n seek.

>old and used now.
>used
i refuse to believe this

>those lips
I'm gonna get tiger dropped for this

goddamn 1980's japan had good shit
youtube.com/watch?v=IhCDK_pSjnk
found this after clicking on that video

FEEL THE FORCE

Talk eshi

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

The fat kid. He's the only one I remember, likely just because he's fat. Boring little shits.

>mfw the bottom has better jacket physics
thank god we got those back in 6. i was losing my fuckin mind every game when his jacket stayed perfectly attached to his back and legs when ever he moved

Makes me want to go to a bar.

youtube.com/watch?v=BxRzzm-mjCE

I wish they would bring Kiwami to the west and also get 2-5 on PS4

What game is that?

ishin
matthew perry is it too

Manga is way cruder and also didn't botch the ending unlike the movie.

Is this the super expensive bar which also did the ice cube thing?

I dunno, there's a lot of bars in Japan that do that thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=mRlnkyIhbeU

Ishin? More like Ishit.

the fuk u say?

Yes, you are shit.

It has its own fair share of issues I will admit, like all that fucking grinding. Thankfully 0 incorporates ways to make the grinding much more bearable.

Half expecting Kuze to just smash that whole champagne display.

Sumimasen.

>this post
PS2 units are pretty cheap at flea markets and so are the network adapters online so you can play them over SMB via OPL. Worth the setup since you can also play every PS2 game without worrying about compatibility or performance.

Is there anyway to play an undub of the first game? Also how do these games run on emulator?

yeah but what if i want to play at 4x the native resolution

that guy almost looks white

>mfw making yakuza 2 webms right now

Are there any other games like Yakuza? I tried Final Fight Streetwise but the music fucking killed it for me and the combat was really bad in comparison. Not sure if Urban Reign or God Hand count since I do not believe they are open world.

Upload them

i just made one that has sound, how do i cross board link? its in wsg right now

Shenmue, but that's all I could think of.
I see you.

Easiest way is to just right-click the "No." portion of the post and then paste it into a post here, it'll auto-convert it for you to what has.

yeah thats it
havent made one in a long time so im still trying to get the quality up and figure out how to use obs to record.
got one converting right now that has combat

aha ok thats neat thanks

god damn Ishin is so good

heres a webm with sounds and fighting
havent heard no laughter in a long time

We'll get it if we make enough noise!

Are there any substories in Ishin I can miss by waiting too long to do them?

Tweet at any Sega USA employees and bug them everyday about Ishin. Surely it will work.

Nope, none are missable.

Cool. The game still looks great.

Yakuza 2 has one of the best stories in gaming. The improvements they made to it are substantial and help the replayability a lot.

this comes off as pretentious, but i'm really glad i found out about this series and belonging to a group that has less than 150k fans in the west that is largely pretty chill. i dunno, i just feel cozy about it.

Awesome, thanks.

i know how you feel
ive been trying to introduce my friends but they dont like it, and having a small group of people to talk to about it online feels so much better

And to think many people ITT got their start from picking it up from a bargain bin/on a whim or even from Cred Forums.

Crazy to think SEGA still gives us the light of day and gave us 2-5.

lol wtf skinny superchunk is in Ishin

These threads make my studying almost non-existent when they come up because it feels nice to talk about a series you REALLY like. It's all good, though.
Yep. Picked up Yakuza 3 on a whim in 2010, haven't looked back since. Just waiting for my copy of Yakuza 2 for the collection.

heres another one
right after you meet ryujin at the grand in sotenbori
fighting sucks since i have no abilities
but the heat moves feel the best, so much more impactful than any other game

>trying to get a friend to start the series
>he would rather shitpost here and fellate shenmue forever
reeeeeee why are we stuck here forever? I miss when he actually played video games

fuck me too
probably have to drop 1 class and have to read at least several hundred pages by next thursday for a midterm
probably going to lose my financial aid since ive dropped so many classes and shouldve gotten my degree years ago
but fuck gotta post in the yakuza threads amirite?

Yeah, Kiryu is a beast when you get him fully leveled up. Still, no harm done. The battle themes in 2 are awesome.

I agree, the sound design/HEAT moves for 2 was great.

When I first got a hard drive for my PS2 a few years ago Yakuza 1 & 2 were the first games I downloaded, even though I had no idea what either of them were. I have no idea where I had even heard of them before. And then out of the 20-something games I downloaded, I decided to play Yakuza first.

Yeah, I feel you. Got 2 midterms this week, haven't studied for either. Orgo is shot atm, but I'll probably scrap by with the next two tests.

The people here are generally really good about recommending some of the more niche games, and I have no regrets about playing Yakuza, you people are wonderful for getting more people to know about the series.

oh yeah just reminded me of a great webm i made showing my fave heat move, because of how good it sounds and feels
dont pay attention to how shitty i play, this was like 2 years ago
if you do this heat move in like 3-5 it doesnt feel as good
the sounds and the camera angle are different and much worse. 2 was perfect in terms of feeling

Shieeeeeeeeeet, that was the first thing I did too when I got to that part, unleashing Dragon Spirit.

No problem btw

>mfw i didnt use dragon spirit until my 2nd playthrough
i always forget about abilities and stuff like that until i beat the game

>fighting a boss with that low HP
HEAL HEAL HEAL

One thing that bothers me is how easy every Yakuza game is to beat without really ever getting good. 2 was the hardest, but even in that game the random encounters gave you plenty of money to walk into every boss area with an inventory full of Staminan Royales.

Yeah, the ground and pound move in 2 was great because of the sound effect that you get when you punch someone. Really brutal-sounding.

It's cool, don't worry about your play man. The QTEs were pretty unforgiving in 2, as a side note.

Yeah, the only one I bother to remember for 2-5 is the Tiger Drop.

>doing the back breaker in 4

EEEEYAH

>healing when you are the strongest on low health
yeah i feel you, i was good in 2 but you could cheese all the games almost. i did beat ryuji with only 1 staminan royale. only had one. kiwami and 0 were ezpz mode tho
yeah its my favorite move. most of the heat moves in 1-2 are quick and sound great, giving a nice real feeling. after that 3 and beyond, they start getting cinematic with slo mo and like 3 quick replays of the scene. its not bad, but its not like 2

Is that Saejima's HEAT action or are you talking about the HEAT action where you suplex the guy's back onto the guard rail in Theater Square? Either way, yeah, shit looks like it hurts.

Oh, I'm talking about the one you can do with Kazuma.

ohhhhhh, yeah i remember that one now.

So I'm playing Ishin, and it's really retarded that they gave the gun unlimited bullets.

heres a kurohyo vid for anyone who hasnt played or seen it before
its very fun, amazing that they got 60 fps on the fuckin psp

Man I can't get enough of this.

>Another 400+ yakuza thread for 3 days in a row with minimal shitposting

You smart
You loyal
That does look really good.

if i could post even bigger webms it would look even better
it looks so much better than that webm i posted.
a shame they never got localized, but khhsubs is working on a patch for the first game

Salty Yen got fucking lucky.

The bzzing in this song reminds me of the Sega Genesis.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hz3ogNNy4bc

Is the whole game like that? Just one-on-one matches? I'd still play it regardless.

STOP

YOU'RE GIVING ME GOOSEBUMPS, I CAN'T LISTEN TO THIS TRACK TOO MUCH

>3:15

From what I saw you can also run around an overworld that's smaller than the average game, but the fights are 1 v 1 because of the technical capabilities, yes.

Pipe down nerd.

naw you can fight more people,
i should play that and make some new ones too.
its fun

Nice. I don't mind the 1v1 fights at all, it's kinda cool, since it's a spinoff on a different system and all.

Oh neat, well then. Most of what people were saying was 1v1 fights, that'll teach me not to research more. Looks like they're way less aggressive though, no one really took swipes at you until you beat another guy.

Oh okay, but the camera is zoomed in. Still cool though.
Kinda spoilers for 0

I just don't want to hype myself up too much before 0 hits, I want that 3:15 kicker to hit me hard when I face the final boss again

that video took place early on in the second game
i think it gets harder later on
not too sure i never got that far

yeah its not a fighting game like the mainline games are, kurohyo was made by the defjam devs, its more technical like. you need to time parrys and dodges and stuff. its pretty neat

You want weird Japanese shit that may or may not be funny to you? Watch this show, Vermilion Pleasure Night. It's like they did Majima's GET TO THE TOP VIDEO and stretched it out to cover a large topic of nonsensical things.

youtube.com/watch?v=NZtfJ1xixe8

youtube.com/watch?v=1ezki5FAwI4

youtube.com/watch?v=BHsWokO35jA

I love that Yakuza 6 has healing item animations. No cheap menu healing.

Cred Forums never ceases to amaze me. This is something I could only find if someone posted it here. Second video girl is cute.

wtf is this shit

god dammit Japon

This is comedy gold

Just when I thought Yakuza would show me a good representation of Japan...

user PLS

>Didn't get the ending, though.

That's perfectly normal.

the mannequin segment was their most popular segment, it got spun off into its own series

youtube.com/watch?v=3XbJtLOeFXY

How long before we get 6 you think, if we do?

I'm thinking 2020.

jesus this shit is great

perfect i should be at a kindergarten level in japanese by then

I'm hopeful for 2019.

At any rate, I'm getting older. Sooner or later I'll have a little baby to take care of. I just want to see Kiryu's story end.
>their laughs at the end

god damn it

This is my favorite one. The implications are disturbingly hilarious.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y12nOFTUzPM

In any case, you can find some full eng sub episodes on youtube of VPN, here's another segment that's completely nonsensical as well. Not meant to be funny but I could be wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=kY_v2xbOzbQ

Welp, I'd be 100. I hope cybernetic bodies are a thing by then or I'll be fucked.

>I'll never play Yakuza 6 from a cybernetic vr implant in my eye, inside my comfy cyberpunk Japanese apartment , while a robot geisha blows me

Why even live?

Just random CMs from the series. They really give off a feel of a soap opera/long running drama.

youtube.com/watch?v=nP3-G_TzI8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3P2LRqs4kew
youtube.com/watch?v=V7NAjkkFg_8
youtube.com/watch?v=GuXoSTexNJI

I just love how the series manages to make you feel a lot of things and make characters with some genuine personality. I feel like everyone needs a Kiryu in their life to look up to.

Kiryu is the Kiryu in my life

i dont understand the quickgril video

>Quickgirl involves 4 female assassins,who each have a contract to kill one another.
Not a single word of dialogue is spoken through out the entire skit. Instead of dialogue you hear an ambient/techno like soundtrack that changes themes according to the situation, and which ever assassin happens to be on screen at the time. Quickgirl is very surreal & has several "what the fuck" moments just like Killer 7.

Got it from the vid description, but yeah, it's nonsensical. The entire series (VPN) is like that. Hell you got a reocurring skit of a zombie family that has various parts of them dismembered over bickering amongst family matters.

I love the narrator for these.

If 0 is really the last game that gets localized, will these threads die? I mean will most of you guys move on from the series, or will you start importing? It would be a real shame to lose these discussions.

Ishin is confirmed for never ever.

I will most likely start importing. I'm a hardcore weeb, and I love Japan a lot. I just started learning the language a year ago and I can read basic sentences in hira/kata with a little bit of kanji mixed in. This series is everything I wanted in a video game. Some well-known actors, great gameplay, and quintessentially Japanese stylings make it a 10/10 for me.

Hopefully in a couple of years I can see the locations that inspired the series' setting.

In any case, I won't move on from this series unless something totally catastrophic happens (eg, they outsource the IP to a western dev).

If you watch part2 and 3 it makes more sense. Still weird.

I will patiently wait for ps4 to get hacked and we can start community driven translation team.

>did all of the ultimate battles late at night
>was looking forward to that on ex-hard first thing in the morning
>turned my ps3 off and forgot to leave the ultimate battle menu so that it could save everything

>they outsource the IP to a western dev

Oh god

My name is by the way is Kazuma. Kazuma the Yakuza killer has a nice ring to it don't you think?

>post yfw you tiger dropped a boss for the first time

>they outsource the IP to a western dev

I would lose faith in all of video games by that point. Yakuza is the last bastion of good vidya for me.

it's so satisfying to land, but damn does it get cheap once you get the timing down

>mfw never ending tiger drops on Aizawa
Doing the komaki parry on Daigo and following it up with Kiryu's red heat move that takes away an entire life bar was also satisfying as fuck.

Shut up, kisama.

i literally just used tiger drops on nishiki in kiwami. no healing required and it was my first try
i hope they do a full remake for 2, kiwami was trash

why should 0 be the last game that gets localized? I thought sony was handling the localizations now

Yes dude, it felt so good to parry Daigo's incompetent ass. I did like his fighting style though.

what's wrong with kiwami? I thought 1 was clunky as shit so I was happy they remade it, but is it really worse than that?

if anyone is looking for a good jp crime novel to read, i highly recommend shield of straw by kazuhiro kiuchi

oh my god this is too much

i thought i've seen it all

apparently a yakuza thread proved me wrong

no compared to 1 its 'better' but they just stuck 0 combat into 1s story
every thing is piss easy, getting the dojima style is a ridiculous grind and isnt viable until you unlock at least half of it
the bosses do that shitty health regen thing
its by no means a 'bad' game, its just that they could have do so much more. you can cheese every boss and you can get so much money by doing almost nothing that you can have a full inventory of staminan maxes at any time
i shouldnt have said it was trash, i just wish they did more

It's not bad, but

>music is inferior to the original and you can't use the originals
>bosses stop to heal way too much hp and become sponges
>Majima everywhere was cool at first but you fight the dude 60+ times, making it tedious, especially because one of Kiryu's fighting styles is locked behind the fights

Also, going straight from 0 to Kiwami may tire you out because the combat is similar to 0's except cut in half because it's only Kiryu.

Some part of me wishes they'd announce localization of 1 and 2 HD edition for the west at this year's PS Event. Or something Yakuza related. I want something unrelated to 0 since we already know it's coming over.

shiet i spent like 30 hours just trying to unlock the dojima style and i still have like 5 things to do that are random encounters and getting to the end in the colliseum
they really fucked up with that shit

I'm expecting a new trailer/gameplay for 0, but I really hope for a 6/Kiwami localization announcement

>We are proud to announce Yakuza Ishin and Kiwami translated in English for the NX

fuuck.

huuuuuuuuuuuh

Well there's a lot of skepticism in these threads about the series continuing in the west if 0 bombs, and if you look at the marketing campaign, the low number of views on all the videos and the general lack of hype everywhere but these threads, then things really aren't looking good. Of course it's all speculation right now, and we always say the same thing before every games gets localized, but I don't know, call it a hunch, but something just feels different this time.

At least NX would get an emulator relatively fast, like every other Nintendo console.

ishin?more like is shit

I'd buy an NX just for that tbqh.

With Y5 Sony convinced Sega to localize it.
Y0 is Sega's own initiative, most likely since it sold very well in China.

I share that same hunch. I get a different feeling this time as well.

fuck it, we can make it to 500 one more time. what's your favorite box art?

Japanese cover for Yakuza 3.

I've always liked the Japanese cover for Y3. It's a shame that they gave us the shitty one that they did.

jp cover for 1
i love it when kiryu does the pose in 0

I love the JP cover for 1, Ishin's, and 3's JP cover.

We're all in agreement that this is the worst cover right?

It's 3's US version.

Out of Japanese covers? Yes.

>Yakuza
More like Shenmue for lowbrow niggers.

why can't we like Shenmue AND Yakuza

yeah
shouldve just dont a remake of the 1 cover with kiryus new model

Hey, it's that one false flagging Shenmue shitposter. How are things? Haven't seen you in here in quite some time.

Why not both?

i still have never played shenmue, is it good?
can emulate it?

Here comes NGfag of Yakuza threads.
Just make your own thread.

>0
>unleashed Dragon of Dojima
>that pose

He can't, no one would post in them, and I say that as a huge Shenmue fan.

is this ps3 cover sized?
id love to print this out and stick it in the box

Dunno, but I had to resize it for this site.

segashiro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/yak3-goodcover-canada.jpg

>mfw he does the kick
youtu.be/ARJyrgeNaGs?t=81

It's more an adventure game than beat em up. Pretty slow and very comfy. Emulates good if your PC is good.
pastebin.com/qcainTu4

Well we did it. That was fun. Until next time. Now I need to get some goddamn studying done so I can survive until 0 comes out.

And I leave you with this...

KUZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, they're good. They have less action and combat than the Yakuza games though (also has way more qtes). I have no idea how easy it is to emulate them though.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Damn, Ryo looks really different from how I remember him.

When I fight him for the first time I am going to blow up my fucking speakers listening to that theme. It is so hype-inducing.

i forgot that i downloaded a dreamcast emulator made just for shenmue and the game itself like 3 years ago
i never played it since the emulator didnt work but its works right now lol
thanks for the help user

aaaaaahhhhhhh

kuzeeeeeeeee

yawn

NullDC is crappy for Shenmue and there was no Demul back then. In NullDC there are no arcade machines and Ryo has a hole in his head because of problems with transparency.

ok ill download the other one
thanks
this shit is glitching like mad and crashed when i made the window bigger