Bethesda makes their own alternate Fallout continuity

>Bethesda makes their own alternate Fallout continuity
>WOW HOW DARE THEY BRING ENCLAVE BACK
>WOW MUTIES ARE TOTALLY NOT LIKE THAT IN ORIGINAL FALLOUTS
>LE WHAT DO THEY LE EAT
>WOW ALIENS ARE CANON WTF
>WOW WHOLE WORLD STILL LIVES IN SHAMBLES, DAS NOT REALISTIC

>Obsidian write extremely complex holograms, vending machines that just create things out of nowhere and Reddit fanfiction tier Big MT into ORIGINAL CANON
>OMG OBSIDIAN DID FALLOUT JUSTICE
>OMG PEOPLE EAT CUZ FARMS
>THIS IS THE TRUE FALLOUT EXPERIENCE

Want to explain this, Obsidrones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BxOiVxTB0KY
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Environmental_Protection_Agency
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no you're right, obsidian is superior

The difference is that Big MT only seems ditzy and inconsequential when in fact lots of horrors in the game's lore is from there. Also Institute and its tech

>another bogus Obisidian vs Bethesda thread, as if there's anything to actually argue about and we all don't realize that Todd's team couldn't design a good plot if they sold their souls for it

Bethesda made Oblivion and the two worst Fallout games, what kind of retarded faggot would defend their writing?

>dog guns
>horrors in the game's lore
Yeah, such bullshit is a horror alright.

Big MT makes no sense in Fallout universe. There was no pre-war holographic tech, Courier couldn't have lived and acted without his brain and le randumb shit you encounter is like all the popculture references in FO2 were fit into one place. It doesn't belong in canon and makes less sense than Mothership Zeta.

>WOOOWWWW I CAN LE MAKE ANYONE SOUND RETARDED IF I LE TYPE LIKE THIS XDDDD

>no argument in defense of retarded NV DLCs, only pointing fingers
Nice rebuttal, weebshit.

Are you seriously trying to compare Big MT, a largely self-contained and original thing, to Bethesda reading a let's play of Fallout 2 and bringing back a hundred-times more retarded version of the Enclave?

This is why people aren't really responding to your thread, as I've said, your bait is fucking weak.

>This obvious bait that Cred Forums will gladly swallow.

complained about the teleporter feeling a little out-of-genre. But as others have pointed out, Old World Blues had a teleporter. Here is why I think it works in one and not the other:

In OWB, the teleporter is part of the super-science, which is central to the themes of the story. It’s supposed to be exotic and “out there”. In Fallout 4, you build the teleporter yourself with minimal fuss. Yes, I can accept that the Think Tank and The Institute can build teleporters in their secluded science base. I’m less accepting of wasteland rubble-farmers making a teleporter out of recycled desk lamps and automobile tires.
Old World Blues was optional DLC that didn’t really feel like “Fallout”. That’s okay. We often give DLC a bit more thematic wiggle room. In contrast, we expect the central plot of a Fallout game to stick to the Fallout tone.
Old World Blues is fantastic and Fallout 4’s story was written in crayon. We’re a lot more accepting of stuff if it leads to a fun payoff, and we’re a lot less tolerant of stuff that seems to bend the rules or tone of the world for no good reason.

>original
Who gives a shit about originality if it doesn't belong in game's universe? Settlement built on a huge mutated dick of some guy is original, doesn't mean it fits the Fallout universe.
>bait
Obsidian added Reddit MT and pre-war holographic tech into game's canon. Fact. It's cool that you can't come up with any arguments to defend this bullshit, though, proves my point.

what do you even mean by that

like what argument are you trying to use, it seems you can't really come up with anything

>We often give DLC a bit more thematic wiggle room.
I could give Big MT a pass if it was a self-sufficient thing, but it's literally part of canon now because it's written into NV story and is mentioned in all 4 DLCs.

Please post pictures of Todd right here thx

>obsidishills constantly complain that the guns in Fallout 3/4 make no sense

>Obsidian models this fucking abomonation of an AR15 that literally cannot cycle or feed, is missing tons of bits, and is in general a completely unworkable rifle in objective ways that can be easily pointed out

>Obsibaby can't even read
Classic.

/k/ pls go

>people would rather watch newer modern games than older modern games

ok????

>caps lock
>le
Way to make an argument

>What are cazadores?
>What is the sierra madre cloud?
>What caused the tearing winds and thus marked men of the divide?
>what are nightstalkers?
Read the cut OWB ending where you could lead the Think Tank into the larger world.

Another irrelevant point considering that most guns in Fallout 3/4 are fictional and really shitty looking. New Vegas had plenty of different weapons, both fictional and real, to choose from. Just like another fucking two games in the series, called Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

Obsidian created the superior role playing experience, mission design and lore.
Bethesda created superior environments and settings as well as refined gameplay.

Objectively, both of them have their strengths and weaknesses. I want Bethesda to keep the franchise but team up with Obsidian - combining the team of 3 and 4 with the one of NV would be great.

>complains literally every single day about the F3 and F4 shotgun
>can't even explain what's wrong with them
>point out the AR variants in FNV can't work because they're missing charging handles, gas tubes, have widgets on the bolt that prevent it from going back, too-thin buffer tubes, incorrect magazines, misaligned sights, etc
>"/k/ p-pls leav ;_;"

Literally how does this cycle? As a bonus, this one has no forward assist. Just a random tube now.

>Bethesda created superior environments and settings as well as refined gameplay.

just because they force some lore connection in by saying "oh yeah all these monsters come from here" doesnt make the whole thing any less retarded and thematically inappropriate

Are you retarded or something? Can't you read?

All those thing could've been a product of same Big MT even if it wasn't full of random bullshit. You don't need brainless Courier, dog guns, robo scorpions, atomic hats and other memetastic trash OWB introduced to explain all those things.

But what About the Ranger Sequoia my good /k/ommando?

Stop your autistic tantrum.
You just can't make gun-specific holding/running animations in F3 engine so you have to compromise.

F3 had the AK, G3, and Mauser "Broomhandle" pistol. It's .32 revolver is a generic top-break revolver as well. All of them are modeled correctly.

Meanwhile, how does this cycle? And how does that reflex sight work?

You bring up a very valuable point and made me change my mind immediately

Its a roundabout justification for some enemies (which isn't really necessary to begin with) and there are a few important characters who happened to have visited Big Mountain. Thats about it.

Commonwealth is by far the best nuFallout map and gameplay there is leaps and bounds beyond FO3/NV

>modernized infantry using fudd rounds and revolvers
>using gilded revolvers as frontline combat weapons
it needs to fuck off. the ranger sequoia is like modern naval officers fighting with fucking drill sabers.

>Big MT makes no sense in Fallout universe. There was no pre-war holographic tech...
That remained to be seen. Fallout 1 through 3 had only ever explored the universe's technology in very small ways because the first two and Tactics were a "soon after the nukes" wasteland and 3 was in a rundown shithole overrun by mutants that was not yet fixed up by survivors despite it being 200 years later.

Little of the delicate high tech stuff survived on the surface. Plus, the whole series aesthetic is viewed through a lens of what folks in the 1950s thought what 2070 would look like. So there's an old tech look that belies the level of technology the series really has, which you only see parts of like laser weaponry.

The nukes fell in 2077, so that's a lot of time in which all sorts of technological advances could be made compared to what we know of right now, even if there was a big adherence to shit like nixie tubes and cathode rays. Holograms, brain transplants and remote control over a central nervous system, androids more advanced than the more common robots and artificial flesh and blood humanoids (such being backed by another two centuries of controlled development after the nukes).

With 50+ years from our now to Fallout's 2077, as well as NV and Fallout 4 also being 200+ years after the nukes, it's not beyond reason that a world keeps on advancing.

Obsidian caters to fedora tippers.

Make of that what you will.

Yet it exists the way it's portrayed in OWB, that's the problem. If the whole DLC was some drug infused dream or VR simulation, it would be completely fine. But nope, Reddit is canon now.

this is a game with power armor and laser guns
complaining about a revolver in a cowboy themed game is pretty stupid

Oh wait, I forgot one abotu this stupid thing
>the stock is COMPLETELY unusable because the adjustment lever is stuck down

>Commonwealth is by far the best nuFallout map
maybe
>gameplay there is leaps and bounds beyond FO3/NV
HAHA NO

Look, I can sort of agree with 4 having better shooting mechanics than the previous Gamebryo games, but you can't just say shit like "created better environments" and magically expect it to be true.

Diamond City makes no sense, it's in the middle of the city and yet a block away there are super mutants and hordes of bandit camps, a place like that would have tons of holes to enter from which would be hard to defend against.

It's another fucking "le wacky wasteland" Bethesda environment that we've come to know from 3. "WHAT IF THEY MADE A CITY IN A BASEBALL STADIUM? KEK". Show me something in 4 that's at least equal to the environments from 1 or 2.

>canon
No one cares

cool bait but that doesn't make your arguments any more valid

im a huge fan of nv and even i could count numerous flaws but you cant even come up with a single good one

OWB is pretty stupid, but at least it's original stupidity. At least it doesn't feel like it's just terrible fanfiction by someone who has no clue about Fallout.

Triggered /k/fags are the best, especially when they're salty Bethesdrones

pretty stupid is like the foundation of fallout 1 and 2 lol

are people seriously forgetting fallout is as b-movie as it gets

Taking a post-apocalyptic retrofuture sci fi series and making it about cowboys is stupid.

I don't care about all that, I liked Old World Blues because it was fun.

You know, you're no better than people saying "umad" thinking they've won the argument. Except "umad" is considered cringe today, so you've switched to "triggered". Your next post will be about how triggered I am

cant we just all agree that vidya devs are shit at guns?

its not like that's the important part anyway

it just werks

Play it, too

Steam NuVegas players: 2

FO4 players 50k

you couldn't be more wrong

>cant we just all agree that vidya devs are shit at guns?
That's not the point.
Point is Bethesda is really, really incompetent so anything that uses animations looks like utter shit.

Big MT was designed during early Van Buren project. Holograms also were to appear in VB aswell as are part of Fallout 2 cut content. And before you ask, the content wasn't cut because it wasn't lore consistent, it was cut because it was shit and the deadline was tomorrow.

>I'm obsibaby and rabid NV fanboy
Really? I really couldn't tell, LMAO

You're a fucking sped, dude.

>aswell as are part of Fallout 2 cut content
Gonna need a source on that, son.

'bethesda animations' doesnt excuse the bad design of the new vegas rifle. not that i care, the combat shotgun looks stupider, but dont pretend the new vegas gun isn't messed up either

Ok, op

I'm gonna enjoy OWB now, adios

I don't mind B movie stuff in my games. Radiation making animals grow huge and a serum which turns people into monsters are okay with me. OWB doesn't have that sorta stuff though, it's just lol so randum shit. You can't go two minutes without it throwing some obnoxiously WACKY character in your face. I played it once and thought it was awful and I've never touched it again. At least it's self contained so I can ignore it easily.

Tell that to the people that complain about the F3 and F4 guns LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE DAY.

you might aswell just watch an episode of futurama at least the jokes aren't as terrible

youtube.com/watch?v=BxOiVxTB0KY

Little known fact - Fallout New Vegas is the true Fallout 3.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Environmental_Protection_Agency
Always nice to see people in Fallout threads never playing Fallout 2 with community patches.

True?

user there are only 4 fallout games, 1,2,Tactics and NV.

The rest are fanfiction

You want to talk about something being awful in OWB? What about the scaling. Fuck me those scorpions could take more beating than a powerarmor wearing a powerarmor.

Tonewise, it was too wacky. F4 is shit regardless.

>modding in cut content
It's trash.

no its not

Look, the picture has even the type of goalposts that you recognize!

Shit's DLC. It's isolated and doesn't effect the whole experience. Fallout 4, however, is always in your face with it every step of the way.

Are they worth playing or they just add a ton of barely working content and broken quests?

we've been over this before but
>the FEV experiments resulting in supermutants all explicitly took place on the west coast. Supermutants have no reason being on the east coast.
>on top of that all ghouls on the west coast are explicitly from a single town called 'necropolis' and are the result of a certain set of results,
>the enclave's base was destroyed with a nuclear bomb at the end of two.

Not really, it's just that you're seemingly incapable of understanding there's a difference between 'something that maps closely enough onto an idea of a gun, with details that will only trigger /k/fags' and 'something that shouldn't work at all, readily apparent even to someone who knows nothing about guns' (the Fallout 3 shotgun); your thematic reservations about the cowboy focus in NV aside.
It's just a joke, senpai, chill out. Or did you manage to ruse me?

I wish.

I haven't tried the EPA, but the three areas I did try had amateur-hour quest writing, and the amount of content they add isn't consistent with the game's progression so you'll be ready to finish the game before you've even done half of it.

Ghoulification got retconned, in NV there's an NCR trooper that got turned into ghoul after Legion set off a dirty bomb in Searchlight.

So long story short, OWB is better written and context is better fitted canonically than FO4. That's not all that hard to justify.

Now, if we want to start a flamefest, consider the following: the robot army at the end of Tactics makes a good, if clunky, explanation of why the Western brotherhood were weakened enough for the NCR to sweep them out of nearly all NCR territory.

But dude, he's right. >muh realism in Fallout doesnt exist

The only REALLY important reasong why Obsidian gets away with it and Bethesda does not is because Obsidian made it FUN, which Bethesda did not.

New Vegas is a solid RPG with an interesting world where individual details compliment each other and where things feel interconnected and alive: full of political factions with reasonable motivations, interesting characters with logical agenda etc... Old World Blues was a crazy comedy spin-off with fun characters, silly scenarios, good writing.

Bethesda made a dead featureless world where no details made sense, throwing in random stuff picked up wholesome from the original Fallout randomly, terrible characters with no actually sensible motivations. Mothership Zeta was literally "hey, remember that Alien easter-egg in original Fallout? Well now you can shoot them for two hours. That's it. Bye."
Mothership Zeta wasn't fun. That is why people did not give it the same leeway as they did to Old World Blues.

That is all. That is all that EVER mattered, really.

>on top of that all ghouls on the west coast are explicitly from a single town called 'necropolis' and are the result of a certain set of results,
They were just created because the door didn't shut properly so they got irradiated. It's not like that's super special and couldn't happen anywhere else.
I'm not happy Bethesda decided that so many of them should be used as a generic monster enemy though.

They don't add that much, mostly restore unfinished quests. As far as "new" zones it's a mixed bag

EPA with the Holograms and everything is actually pretty great and fits the game pretty fine, although it's rather slow and almost impossible to do without the walkthrough guide.

The whole Sulik's quest thing is pretty alright, atleast you get a conclusion for him and his tribe, which is sufficient for me.

Rest is somewhere between shit and fucking shit honestly. It's obvious that they had nothing to work with besides unfinished maps and few written dialogues that survived code culling and the Fallout bible. The writing is nothing like the rest of the game. As for the restored characters that were written in the old zones, they're fine and shit works as intended.

>F3's AK
>Modeled anything near correctly
>F3's G3
>Looking anything like an actual G3
Holy fuck user, at least the not-ARs in NV share more than a passing resemblance with what they're meant to be based on.

Go backto reddit