/thread

Double Dash is one of the weaker entries in the series

8 is miles better than Wii.
But DS is still the best in the series.

Wii is insultingly bad with things like

>Bikes being outright better than Karts
>Funky Kong Meta
>Item spamming

Item shit is always bad but Wii was the absolute worst about it.

I'd post the daisy bullying webm but I don't have it saved

I think we are done here.

Yeah, this.

Wii has some good tracks, but there's very few bad tracks in 8, almost all the retro tracks are improved by new mechanics. And the DLC is great.

Arcade GP > Double Dash > DS > 8 > 64 > 7 > Super > Wii

Double Dash is the best

8, and it's not even fucking close.

And I really liked MK Wii.

I like 8 better overall, but the half pipes and large jump physics that Wii had in its track design was great. 8 feels noticably more stiff by comparison. Gliders have completely ruined huge jumps
8 had better balance too, The only problem being firehopping Mortons instead of Bowser Bike Funky Kong.
Wii had way more hackers too.

Overall 8>Wii
But Wii has a better cast (at the expense of most of them not being viable) and track design.

8 > DS > Wii > 7 > DD > 64 > Arcade GP > Super

Sorry for putting DD so low but going back to it after the more recent games, the handling is kinda garbage.

Arcade GP isn't good

>GCN babies are allowed to post here

God damn I feel old.

8 because its a little less broken.
bikes are still too op. unplayable.

next mayrio racing needs just standard karts for all characters like 64

>bikes are still too OP
Heavy karts are the best vehicles in the game you donut. Especially since firehopping is better on karts

Half-pipes were indeed great, but only when used on large portions of tracks to continue forward momentum. Otherwise, they're more of a hindrance.

While gliders have changed the jump game, they're used sparingly enough.

While though I love Wii, the roster is amazing, some of my favorite courses are from there, and had a blast with racing and battling, I have to go for 8 by simply because of that stupid Funky Kong and Daisy meta, and bikes, even though 8 has a really bad battle mode. Jesus, I still remember their annoying voices.

>Item shit is always bad
Don't tell me you're one of those faggots that believe Mario Kart can be competitive.

Basic lack of reading comprehension: The post.

You're a fucking idiot and should leave.

double dash introduced the first shitty rainbow road and floaty controls
every mario kart after super and 64 were complete garbage

with the DLC courses MK8 has the best course line-up in the series. Only flaw with the game was the lack of battle-only courses.

It isn't about being competitive just more fair

I'm having a really hard time disagreeing here, damn. 8's handling feels amazing for bikes and carts, and the DLC was amazing

8 is absolutely shit

>Items you get depend on the distance between you and the person in front of you
>shitty character roster
>Fire hopping just as stupid as wheelies

The music is good though.
7 was the best mario kart.

Forgot to quote .

I can understand about the controls, even though I don't think they are bad (which SMK and SC holds that), but shitty RR? Not only the music is pretty great and fits perfectly, but the curves and the giant pipe are what makes this course great. I believe RR in 8 is the first RR to be mediocre. Not bad, it just has nothing special going for.

Yeah, the game should be fair, even though RNG is part of the game, and always has been.

Personally user i prefere mario kart wii over 8.
>can carry two items
>challenging coms
>an actually good battle mode but not as good as ds
>character roster
>progression and unlocks.(i hardly ever touched mk8's grand prix mode since most of characters were unlocked anyway, doing 100c 150c or mirror mode or 200c was pointless.)

Double Dash is the best Mariokart, all others fail in comparison.

Vehicle and item balance is better in 8

Wii gave bikes purpose, has a REAL Battle mode and didn't require DLC to make up for its track choices.

8 required 10 coins to win at times
Wii required Funky or Daisy on a bike at times.

64 had the perfect balance between skill and luck. Gameplay was tight af and the track were top tier

>Double Dash
More like BELONGS IN THE TRASH

Both 7 and 8 will pretty bad. 7 is even the worst.
>no vs mode
Just by that alone makes it terrible mario kart game.

>and luck.
Unless you just play MK for fun, you can get a gold mushroom in the second place.

>Compare these two specific games
>People moving the goalpost with different installments.

>8 required 10 coins to win at times
You can still win at first place without getting coins. The coins are only there as a bonus and reference to SMK and SC.

>DS Lite's R bumber has died due to snaking
>3DS' button layout is too weird to work for MKDS
Shit.

Contrary to what your retarded mario kart wii loving brain might be telling you, there is in fact a happy medium between totally fucking stupid level of items and anal retentive competitve. MK8 hits a sweet spot of items being fun but not overwhelming

Whether it's competitive or not, there's a point where item balance needs to be fine tuned to keep the game from being frustrating. Especially when you have requirements to unlock vehicles or vehicle parts to aim for 1st or have at least one Star.

iktfb

My Lite's D-pad is trashed from all the DS wifi races I've done and the 3DS layout is just too uncomfortable to snake properly

it's funny because MKWii had the largest competitive community

>that mall course in Wii on 150cc mirror
>1st place, last lap
>get hit by red shell, slide to the right and get hit by those stupid fucking cars
>tumble onto the boost pad, boost into the car again
>7th place

This game gave me PTSD

MK8 by a long shot.

DD is a ton of fun but is definitely not the best.

8 was better.
The character roster in Wii was the only thing it had above it. If you removed the clone characters and added Wiggler, Bowser Jr, Dry Bones and Boo then the 8 roster would be on par with it.
That being said, there should have been a couple of really hard tracks in 8.

I personally like 8 more but mario cart wii had alot more memorable characters

Mario Kart Wii's online was a LOT more fun. its why people are still finding ways to play it online today.

When was the last time you had some fucked up bullet bill, mega mushroom, star, blue, green, red shell infused heart racing dash to the finish line on the third lap on 8? It happened practically every race on MKW. Shit was dope.

MK Wii's online was tryhard faggots, the equivalent of having to fight nothing but Foxs on FD in Melee if there was online.

Everything except battle mode is better in 8.
Battle mode is pretty disastrous, though.

Wii: 9/10
8: 9.5/10

MKWii is one of the worst Mario Karts, down there with MK64.

If we don't get a one way, Initial D styled japanese mountain track in MK9 I'm going to shit on Nintendo from a high building. Mt. Wario was godly and showed how well one way track can work.
I blame the 12 player races. Neo Bowser City was ruined because of it despite being one of the better 3DS tracks.
Let's all be real here. The only good battle modes are 64 and DD, and only bob-omb battle at that.

>best singleplayer
Mario Kart DS

>best multiplayer
Mario Kart Double Dash

>best overall
Mario Kart 8

The co-op idea of Double Dash was amazing but the karts controlled like shit. Fucking sliding all over the place with no friction.
In MkWii you had better control over your driving.
Also wheelies on bikes added some slightly deeper level of playing.