About to play this for the first time, what class should I play?

About to play this for the first time, what class should I play?

Anything I need to know?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!iop0ABLL!kUTw6Bu3g2B_QgYo3LeU9KbhoKz6dcsigp-17ZQmMas
youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Purification
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Anything I need to know?
Wolves hunt in packs.

Play as whatever sounds good to you.

You can't really go wrong and the game is not nearly hard enough to require minmaxing.

On top of this lots of classes have good augments you can learn that boosts stats, and stat growth is mostly irrelevant if you decide to shift gears from physical to magical due to gear + damage boosting items for both types if you're somehow desperately needing damage.

You can change between all classes whenever once you reach Gran Soren.

Fire works well.

anything apart from mage

kek'd

WOLVES

HUNT

IN

Try them all and switch as you want.
You won't suffer too much unless you level a specialized class from 1 to 200 and switch to the opposite.

ctrl+h backspaces when you're doing your name

choose ranged at the start

Play Strider and change to Assassin when you get to the city.

You cheeky cunt.
'tis weak to fire

Just switch around and try them all, collect augments and then use said augments to boost whatever was most fun to you.

I like Warrior (less damage than Sorc with similar cast times in melee range and bounces off metal, can use the least skills of any class, no good climbing skills... but is manly and therefore the best) and MK (I killed off my pawns to abuse the counters and Abyssal Anguish makes the stinger like move turn into the DMC4 drill like devil trigger stinger along with just making everything you do better than normal swordsman. Also you can shoot giant balls of light that destroy everything)

By far one of the best RPGs this decade. Hope you'll have fun OP.

Stick until you reach Gran Soren, then it gets a lot better.
Also you can fast travel using those stones that you need to find.

Make sure you pick best girl.

I've recently started playing this for the first time as well and I can say that the fighter class is good. You get a good mix of offensive and defensive abilities and can literally stand in front of a raging ogre's face and tank him all day with a shield.

Also, the waifucrafting in this game is top notch.

Guts build is fucking shit, it just looks cool.

SHEGOAT
H
E
G
O
A
T

Can you switch your pawn's vocation to a hybrid one? I have a strider pawn, but want to switch him to assassin. Is it possible?

the guy you play in the beginning becomes god

No, only the arisen can take hybrid vocations

Dumb used goods.

TIS WEAK TO FIRE AND ICE BOTH

Mercedes is cute, but Madeleine is just too hot to resist.

Jewtits best tits.

I started as strider and went to assassin as assassin has the highest strength growth

had my pawn as mage since i found magic really boring to use over the other weapons

also you can have 2 other pawns on your team and you can switch them pretty much any time so you're not stuck with Rook the entire time

you're not supposed to be able to defeat the underground-tentacle monster

just run

IF you're playing on hard mode and intend to try and solo BBI then I would worry about your stat growth. I'm a magick archer that went pure Sorc for 190lvls and right now I sometimes have difficulty with enemies, but not often. Still can't solo Death though which annoys me.

>defeat manticore / chimera
>game crashes

I think I'll just not play then.

Whats you rig, and settings?

Don't accidentally have sex with the loli.

Playing with everything max @ 4k.

You're right. You should purposedly bang her instead.

>implying it was an accident

Damn I don't think I can help you out, I run with everything at high with a GTX 960 on windows 8.1 along with an ENB and have no problems at all.

>About to play this for the first time, what class should I play?

Rate my lolicchi

>heterochromia

Into the trash it goes.

>white hair
>heterochromia

Eh

All roads lead to Gran Soren

Bretty Gud

Rate my loli

This is all you need to know.

do whatever you want and try to explore the game by yourself

This. There's lots of little nooks and crannies with shit in them, so explore everywhere as much as possible.

mega.nz/#!iop0ABLL!kUTw6Bu3g2B_QgYo3LeU9KbhoKz6dcsigp-17ZQmMas
Download this for best title theme

Are you implying she is dirty?

Assassin is most fun
Magick Archer is most OP
Sorcerer is visually cool

this is your fault

>Magick Archer is most OP
Is it more OP than Mystic Knight?

Heresy
Warrior is the best worst class in any game ever game

Yeah until you fight an enemy that can fly

I'd say less in the main game, more in BBI.

>mfw I accidentally fucked Valmiro

If I knew that I'd end up with a gay ending I wouldn't have done his side quest.

Considering you can literally rain down hell on everyone and everything, sure, maybe. I haven't played enough of either to say which one's more powerful, but they're both pretty fucking OP.

Did you at least give someone the arisen bond?

>I'd say less in the main game, more in BBI.
Mostly because the rooms in BBI are mostly CQC though. Still trying to get that ring for Ninefold bolt.

You jump when they swoop silly

This, and then you send them flying with your lashes I know i fucked mine up

Three.
Three lashes.

>Madeleine's sidequest is one of the last few in the game
>get Jewtits every playthrough easily

Brine Lolipawns or rate them 0 stars and gift them rocks

It flew up in every lash, then was stunlocked into another one
The point is, flying things aren't half the problem for warriors that people make out. Even a wyrm or drake can be knocked to the ground simply by swatting it's tail, and when an enemy is on the ground warrior has no problem

Did someone say money

I never got this item, I've no fucking clue what quests gives you it.

I hand to hug Selene

Ah gold!

Wiki says the only way to get it is by purifying BB gear lvl 1. But good fucking luck I always get a light pickaxe or some shit when I purify lvl one gear.

>complete quest where you save selene from angry mob
>leave witchwood and come back
>get tablet from back area where you found selene
>give to old man arisen
>go fuck someone

>what class should I play?
Anything but warrior. Don't listen to people who say 'just jump'', you'll be hopping around like an idiot trying to land a hit making some fights a LOT longer (plus very slow moves in general). Pick anything else and you'll be a having fun from the get-go.

Any class except for:
>Fighter
>Warrior
>Mage
Fighter and Warrior are both perfectly fine classes but I wouldn't really recommend them for a first playthrough. Never, ever play as a mage.

>shrek

Can someone explain to me why there's no PC centric control scheme?

It seems pretty shit that I have to press 2 buttons to do a skill when I have a million unused keyboard keys at my disposal.

GOBLIN!

Capcum doesn't give a fuck about ports

Crapcum doesn't really care about DD in general so when it came time to make a PC port they just said fuck it.

it makes more sense if you play as mage/sorc
your modifiers are "keep casting" buttons and lmb, rmb & e are "cast this spell"
since every spell gets 2 or 3 ranks you might want a quicker low level spell rather than waiting for full charge
shift also toggles the aim, for buffs that means allies/yourself and for offensive/utility stuff it toggles between auto aim and manual aim some spells don't have auto aim though in these cases it just resets the manual aim

Warrior would be perfect if the game didn't aggressively fuck it over.

>Chamber of fate

red classes are just cucked for all time
the only reason to have a fighter is because pawns can't be mystic knights
there are exactly two types of enemies resistant/immune to magick regular golems and metal golems
many magick spells deal physical damage too based on str
enchanted weapons do not gain extra damage based on your magick
magick gives you type advantage and AoE torpor
there are like 8 types of ghost all immune to physical
physical needs buffs or weapon swapping to get type advantage and can only inflict torpor on one target at a time

Warrior is perfect because the game fucks it over and it's still perfectly viable. Not to mention it's really only BBI that starts to push hard on any fucking class that doesn't have a dodgeroll and a bow because japs have dexboners. Warrior is smooth fucking sailing until I would honestly say BBI 2.

It's not the easiest. You need to plan ahead for shit like living armors, spell spamming drake assholes, and things that can fly, and where a class like assassin or MA, MK or even sorc has a toolbox, you're literally given a hammer and told the problem is a nail.

Which in a way is why warrior is so fucking great. You have 3 skills and your core abilities and finding a way to take down the toughest shit with just that is usually intense and a struggle from start to finish. But warriors combat feels great imo. It's slow, it's weighty, it feels powerful as fuck. Which after playing a class like Ranger or MA, which is literally press x to win, it's refreshing.

>10+ daimon runs and still don't have strider's best dagger

>early game
Fighter is the easiest and also the funnest, strider is meh until you unlock everything

>watch pre rec
>Rich talking about having to give your party personalities and shit
>he calls it creepy, like they are mannikins or something

God damn dude, that sounds actually fun. I don't pirate and it just isn't cheap enough yet for such an old ass game.

Daily reminder that in the base game for 360 you couldn't shut up the pawns and it was unbearable.

If you don't do the quest to find your missing GF as soon as you get it you can never complete it. She's in a nunnery northwest of Gran Soren.

There are no personalities, just a couple of scripts for fighting and other interactions. The game's still worth it, I'd suggest buying it

>think I'll never play this piece of shit again
>this thread appears and now I have to reinstall it
Man I wish BBI was actually good

>like they are mannequins or something

That's like, major plot point though? They explain to you than Pawns only resemble humans.

post pawns + arisens

Pawns can "turn" human though. Selene is a prime example.

no shame

This is the most anime shit I've ever heard of

>Fighter is the easiest and also the funnest
Until BBI, at which point Fighter becomes one of the most difficult, beaten only by Warrior and obviously the unplayable Mage.

You ain't heard anime shit yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Fighter is great in BBI though. Only problems it has are with shit like Condemned Gorecyclops, Living Armors, and Wraiths.

I FEEL THE BRUD IN MUH VEINS

man that headpiece is SHIT

The uninstall wizard.

>tfw have 4 extra copies of it
>can't gift them

do you have your pawn and yourself running as yellow classes?

Yes I usually change them both to strider before purifying. I keep getting short bows and long bows.

>Living Armors
The ones guarding Daimon in the fallen city are worse then the boss fight itself.

Though it's easy(albeit tedious) to kill the condemned gorecyclops as fighter, just stick to the inner part of the right foot and block when necessary.

>Man I wish BBI was actually good
it is though

Best in-game fashion period

>feel when you skip leg day

Too pale

girls don't lift though

now i feel a strange urge to play through all my rpgs again as hitler

upper body looks fine but those legs look pretty bad

Reminder that Warrior is THE coolest vocation.

Yeah, if only due to Magic Rebalancer.

It was supposed to be a joke post though

she's kinda cute

I thought like that once

Sounds like a plan.
Which vocation would Hitler be?
Sorcerer with High Miasma, High Levin (Blitzkrieg), High Bolide (Stuka), Dark Pact (alliance with Russia), High Exequy and High Necromancy (nazi occultism) seems thematically fitting.

you got outplayed homie

After rebuild.

>warrior
>doesn't have 4k HP
you know you can survive that attack right?

Or he could have taken the Eggression augment from Fighter. BBI actually makes that augment useful.

Every pawn you see will be a little girl and half of them will be healers

I leveled 1-200 as fighter and can still do this on hard mode, and that's not even the best staff.

Min/maxing is completely pointless. Only 3% of players even make it to level 200, and the difference between min/maxing and building your character as poorly as possible is 10% of your endgame stats.

It seriously does not fucking matter how you level. Play whatever you think is fun.

eggression is great for pawns too
heres a fun idea for BBI, equip the cheat death augment and remove all armor and git gud

Was only around lvl 50 at that point

Goblins ill like fire

>he doesn't think minmax can make any diffrence in things that matter like ur dragon
balanced builds a shit unless its your first playthrough in which case try every vocation
the difference between min, average or max str/magick is only a few hundred points but multiply that by 80% from augs and times it by 4 with peripats and the difference is massive

Not him, but just wanted to say that I love the concept of BBI. The layout is great, the whole theme turns the game into an awesome dungeon crawler full of risk and reward, it's great.
THOSE MOTHERFUCKING BULLETSPONGE ENEMIES RUIN EVERYTHING ABOUT IT

Holy fuck who thought it was a good idea to design enemies in a way that require you to use multiple periapts and still take several minutes of repetitive and mindnumbing damage exchanges. Fuck that.

>tfw being a tiny Warrior is actually a disadvantage because the size of your weapon is scaled to your body, making your weapon smaller and have shorter reach.

So can someone explain to me exactly how going for a specific lvl 3 armor/weapon works?

I know that killing Daimon resets your list of items, so if you just kill Diamon and purify an item, then go and kill him and purify again, you'll get the same damn item.

At least that's what happens to me.

So what is the solution?

I think fighter is fine for a first playthrough. It can be difficult at first, but quite satisfying, and you quickly get used to block, that will later help you playing as Mystic Knight. Fighter's skills overall are pretty straightforward.
Strider is fine as well, but if you're not used to the game mechanics the lack of defense will be annoying.
Starting as mage would be a bit complicated, as you're either a healer or a glass cannon.

Things you should know:
- Some side quests can only be taken and completed during certain parts of the main quest, some of them are chain quests so if you miss one you'll miss all the following quests in the chain. So take your time to do side quests from time to time (if you want to, this is optional as some of the quest chains are completely worthless).
- There's a guy inside the tent on the first camp you visit that sells vanity items, one of this items allows you to change your physical appearance as well as your pawn's. This item can only be bought and used once per playthrough. Once you complete the game however, before starting NG+, this guy sells you another item that allows you to change your appearance at will, infinite times.
- Bitterblack isle is a high level area, leave it for later
- If your pawns tells you to run, RUN

The only thing that requires you to use periapts and overpowered buffs to kill is Death, and that's only because he will run away if you can't kill him after knocking him down.

The healthsponge enemies are a problem because of the subtractive nature of the damage formula.
If you're not doing enough damage with periapts, you need a better weapon, an upgrade to your weapon or a few more levels which you can grind out in either the Rotunda of Dread or the Black Abbey.
A level 1 BBI weapon is plenty for BBI 1.0, and a Dragonforged level 1 BBI weapon should do for 2.0.

Solution? Grind more Lvl 3 weapons.

Your purification chart is hard coded into your save file. You cannot alter it, you have to live with what you get and keep trying.

>Starts spamming help

Is there a way that I can see my purification chart?

>Holy fuck who thought it was a good idea to design enemies in a way that require you to use multiple periapts and still take several minutes of repetitive and mindnumbing damage exchanges. Fuck that.
All they needed to do was to redo the defense system into something along the lines of the elder scrolls where the your magical/physical defense basically equals a certain percentage of damage reduction with the maximum amount being 80-85%. Bullet sponges are fine if the enemy is supposed to be tanky like minotaurs for example, but doing ZERO damage until you reach the certain amount of damage is just lazy and stupid game design (or lack of thereof)
And yeah, periapts should definitely be removed or at least being like a "charm" item you can equip for a permanent small bonus, one at a time

i think it was intended to make you learn enemy weakness and exploit it
EG: the unded pope takes more damage from dark japing you because you thought undead were weak to light

You can't as far as I know, you just have to keep going.

Even if you accumulate 100 Lvl 3 Weapons or Armors and sell them all or give them away, your next 100 weapon purification will always be the same thing no matter what.

What you have to do is you change your and your pawn's class color before purifying to fit the weapon type, so if you want a shortsword, your best chance is by switching both characters to a pure red class.
Unfortunately, this still means you have a chance of getting a mace or greatsword, but it does give a better chance than anything else.

>tfw always marrying Fournival

I can't help myself. Meanwhile he gets to live in my little cottage, Symone is wandering the streets of gran soren

>killing Daimon resets your list of items
That's not exactly how it works.
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Purification

tl;dr a cursed item has three outcomes SET when you obtain it. Changing vocations will switch between the three pre-determined outcomes, but it can't change the list of the outcomes.
The only way to change the list is to either purify it so you get to the next item, or getting rid of all of your cursed items of that type.

Make sure you know about inclinations and how they work.

It could mean the difference between your pawn being a walking suitcase who spouts about wolves hunting in packs or being a ruthless killing machine who talks about how wolves hunt in packs.

>the only reason to have a fighter is because pawns can't be mystic knights

reminder that the zombiepawns that get summoned can in fact be hybrid classes but your pawn can't be so, fuck you I guess

>tfw no berserk armor on pc

>It could mean the difference between your pawn being a walking suitcase who spouts about wolves hunting in packs or being a ruthless killing machine who talks about how wolves hunt in packs.
It really doesn't. The "right" inclinations mean so little it's honestly baffling. Your pawns will be dumb no matter what, that's what you need to be aware of OP

They probably ran out of time to program the AI for the hybrid classes.

not that i know of
but you can influence it by changing both you & your pawns vocation but its no guarantee say you swap to MA and your pawn to strider you might get a sorc/mage/ranger/mk/assassin item since they are in the same blue or yellow vocation pool
having you & your pawn be one single color will narrow the drops down to that color but hybrids count as both their colors

>all this talk about warrior being bad because people don't understand the combat

it's not the strongest by any means, all yellows are equally broken. but it's very far from unusable

played all the way from gran soren to daimon 2.0 as warrior only hitting occasional snags. never used minmax armor either and just used what looked nice together

>ENB
>nude mods
>unlimited weight and stamina mods
>compilations for the laziest and stupidest of them
PC master race

Not with that attitude sempai. There's a marked difference between a pawn with good inclinations and full bestiary knowledge and one without. They're not as smart as the player, but they're definitely not useless and in some cases can even be good.

Is that a bad thing? I tried playing on PS3 like 2 years ago but the lack of polish kinda turned me off.

>Mystic Knight Pawn
>Pray make use of this, master!
>summons a great cannon for you
>you're a yellow vocation

not true, if you consciously hire good pawns they perform excellently

unless you hold them back by not doing your part as well

It's objectively the worst class, but that's not the point. Warrior is an immobile non-fun piece of slow moving shit with very few actually interesting skills, that's why people say it's bad, not because it's not viable or something

Usually a Warrior but I was farming Death

>people keep saying inclinations change everything
>my dumbass strider pawn shoots 100% of the time
>change her inclinations
>try all of the reasonable combinations
>she still pretends to be a ranger
Fuck's sake.

So what if I'm looking for a magic bow?

There's a world of difference between a pawn with Guardian as a primary/secondary inclination and a pawn that doesn't have Guardian as a primary or secondary.

>Warrior
>objectively the worst class

That's Mage. Mage is made completely and utterly irrelevant thanks to BBI's items.

>tfw can wear cursed kings belt as male and not crash on pc

If you're a big Berserk fan, maybe. Otherwise no. PC version performs leagues better than the PS3 version at least.

This so much. Once I actually got the feel of warrior it's the only vocation I could play that felt satisfying.
You can't fool me. The mods for PC are largely shit and it's a shame.
>no random spawns
>no BBI spawns in gransys
>no weapon swapping
>no six skills for warrior
>embarrassingly little transmog
>no porn at all
>just some hotkeys and cheating yourself some RC since the PC community died 3 times as fast since finding specific pawns is so fucking frustrating
>inflection is still broken

>this post
I feel like we're back to 2012 when people didn't know shit about the game and actually thought there's a way to """""train""""" your pawns.
>tfw remember all the green text success stories
Brings a tear to my eyes.
Nostalgia aside, that was fucking awful

okay so literally everything but strider is a slow piece of shit then

warrior has plenty of options and fights don't last long at all if you play right

>You can't fool me. The mods for PC are largely shit and it's a shame.
I mean that was the point of my post, was I not sarcastic enough?

Well that and Mage is just a worse Sorcerer in every respect.

DDO did it a favor by making it priest instead so they have a bigger bias towards healing and using holy magick.

Sometimes you gotta remove skills if you want pawns to perform as you want them to.

Not sure if it's entirely possible to make a Strider into a Brainsplitter or Climbing machine, though. You can make a Ranger into a Tenfold-Spamming machine with careful management of assigned skills, however.

>Make your character a chocolate cutie
>Most cutscenes are so dark you can barely see her face

>what class should I play?
All of them, or at least as many of them as interest you. The game is designed to allow experimentation, and encourages you to try different vocations. If you stick to just one, you will pretty much always end up with a weaker character than if you play around.

Purify with yellow vocations. So switch your pawn to strider or ranger.

Level fighter and the first rogue class as first classes so you can up your carry weight and movement speed.

No, there's actually a difference between good pawns and bad ones. And you can help your pawns anyway. Your sorc isn't casting, we'll how far away are they from the enemy/ is aggro drawn. Your loli jumped off a cliff "randomly?" Stop running or sprinting near edges. Everyone climbing? They're holding the monster in place.

>. The game is designed to allow experimentation, and encourages you to try different vocations

WRONG

you're supposed to do 200 levels in 1 job to min-max so you get the best stats for sorcerer, duh

Yeah I get it you like warrior, but still. Mage and Sorcerer are less slow than Warrior, shit out three times as much damage in a fucking gigantic AOE + they get a glide ability. MK gets all the flashy shit and the parries and fighter is basically a faster version of warrior

is bow and arrow better than those shitty daggers for strider?

Magic Bows are classified as "yellow" weapons.
Rest at the bench next to Olga. This will be your reset point.
Switch both your own and your pawn's vocation to Strider or Ranger. Purify all the cursed weapons you have.
If you got the magic bow you wanted, write down when it appeared (which number cursed item it was).
Reset, reload from the checkpoint at the bench.
Change to yellow vocations again and purify exactly as many cursed weapons as it took to reach the Magic bow (to avoid wasting cursed weapons).

If you didn't get the bow, farm more cursed weapons.

make sure you head back to the village before you take the quest to go to gran soren

also side quests can be failed if you progress too far in the main quest, so make sure you fully explore and complete side quests before moving on with the next main quest.

I've played this game much more than you have I'm sure, inclinations do very well change pawn behavior

compare a Scather/Mitigator to a Guardian/Utilitarian and you'll find the Scather one actually does what it's supposed to while the other will rarely engage enemies

area and beast knowledge go a long way as well

For pawns, both weapons are important. If you remove a strider pawn's daggers, they will punch enemies instead and waste their time doing 0 damage.

For player characters, daggers deal the most damage thanks to better skills, but bows are easier to not die with since you don't have to be in close range to an enemy.

Man, that would be absolutely heartbreaking if the game was actually data mined to prove how wrong you are and that all of your knowledge is just placebo babble...
>I've played this game much more than you have I'm sure
You can be sure in whatever you want that won't change the fact that I didn't a word about
>inclinations
nor did the guy I responded to

You never want to remove melee weapons from Pawns. They will switch into melee/ranged combat in intervals, so it's best if they have something to hit enemies with that isn't their fists.

Removing melee/ranged skills is fine, and is in fact the key to making Ranger pawns more inclined to spam Tenfold shot. My own Tenfold Volley spam pawn was made possible by removing all significantly damaging ranged skills except for Tenfold Volley. Removing all but one dagger skill for my ranger pawn also made it disengage from melee combat faster.

Inclination is the single most important part of making sure a pawn does what you want it to do.

We're too busy playing as Magick Archers at playable framerates to care about that armor, user.

>tfw eroquis only did like 2 DD pictures

If you want to destroy anything in as little time as possible, Ranger.

which is a shame, MA has some really nice utility skills, would go perfect on a support pawn

>tfw pawn suddenly started using periapts and blast arrows, and I can't use her as a mule anymore.

Don't play any warrior classes they're boring as shit.

Also play on Hard Mode.

Also the game is a grindfest, you need to grind way more than you'd expect for a game like this.

Also don't bother with the crafting system at all, it's almost entirely worthless.

Also most of the quests are boring and the main storyline is a mess.

Griffins are fun to fight

BONES
WALKING
BONES

This is a guide to hating the game, actually

>hardmode from level 1
absolutely retarded

I can never understand people using ranged pawns. I play fighter exclusively and gangbanging enemies with a strider pawn is hilarious, especially since he can use Implicate to trap multiple opponents at once.

Rate my Arisen and pawn

Striders are great but Implicate becomes worthless later on.

The only reason to play fighter is dragons maw.

This game doesn't drop enough RC

sauce?

>not self insert or near-nude loli
8/10

10/10 if we're grading on a curve.

Make a rentable pawn and you'll be rolling in the RC.

Only pawns that get rented are lolis equipped with delta guard.

>cute loli pawn wearing the silk thong with female corset and adept robes
Would rape

Only pawns that get rented are lolis with delta guard.

don't bother, it's a really shit anime called picking up girls in dungeons or something

Why do people keep saying that fighter is just a shittier warrior? Isn't there's a huge difference between the two in the sense that the fighter can block? I'm only level 30 and not that far into the game, but I currently can block any attack from an enraged ogre or a club swing of a cyclops with literally zero risk, as the resultant stagger is so short that I can dish out a full 5 hit combo, before the ogre/cyclops goes for another swing. Does blocking become useless later on?

>make ugly goblin looking hobbit pawn
>dressed in full armor
>super aggressive and well equipped strider
>rented out nightly
>always 4-5 stars regularly for combat and helpfulness
>always 1-2 for for appearance

You're doing it all wrong.

Fighters just have limited range.
They're still very viable otherwise.

Fighter and Warrior are very different and bring different skill sets to a party. However in BBI hard mode Warrior gets outclassed by Fighter because Warrior's niche is greatly weakened.

>hardmode from level 1
>absolutely retarded
Better loot and more XP per kill makes the grind more tolerable in my opinion, you're going to grind no matter what so might as well make it somewhat rewarding, the game is also not challenging in the slightest on normal mode, it's fucking boring.

You're fucking up. No one here mentioned anything about training. Everyone responding mentioned inclinations and the actual measurable differences between a good and bad pawn. You're having an argument with yourself over unrelated shit.
Also, I'm not saying what people thought was how is was done, but PC master race didn't datamine half as hard as console fags. You do know consoles do that too right? Literally everything people would say "see look" over is shit people knew.

but for someone new to the game getting killed in a few hits will make them cry like babbies

also what grind? 2 playthroughs gets you to 200 easily enough with BBI included

Fighters have better damaging skills, generally speaking. Plus perfect block and all that.

Warriors fall behind in terms of damage, but a good Warrior pawn can make enemies in BBI much easier to knock down, even in hard mode.

So the whole point of a warrior is to knock enemies down?

Also, is it a viable choice to level up my strider pawn as a fighter for some levles to make him more effective in melee combat? I have removed the bow from my strider pawn so that he uses daggers in close combat exclusively and even though he does really good damage, he does suffer shitloads of damage when enemies gang up on him as well.

>but for someone new to the game getting killed in a few hits will make them cry like babbies
It's honestly better than there being zero fear of death in any encounter as long as you have enough potent weed in your inventory.

There is no repercussion for getting hit because you can heal instantly. At least in hard mode you often die in a single hit so you can't fall back on healing whenever you're losing a fight, you fight well or die (regardless of your nearly infinite healing items), that's how it should be.

>Warriors
From a mechanical perspective in BBI? Kind of. But they're also extremely fun to play, it's just that they're not hyper-optimized for BBI like Striders/Rangers/MAs are. You can still kick a lot of ass if you're a Warrior, it'll just take more effort.

Levelling pawns as different classes is mostly to get their good Augments (passive skills that you can equip regardless of class) and to shape their stat spread.

Ideally, you'll be switching both your Pawn and your Arisen's vocations to Strider, Ranger, Warrior, and Fighter sometime down the road so you can roughly meld your characters' stats and get all the good passive Augments from each vocation. It doesn't really have much effect on the Pawn's fighting style. If you pawn is getting ganged up on, then you gotta step up your gameplay and start killing stuff faster, or hire other pawns that can better supplement your party.

>All those people creating lolis
>Not having manly adventures with your bro pawn without any useless healsluts
Beacuse of this thread I'm reinstalling this game to finish all achievements I'm still missing.

Fighter is your traditional sword 'n board class, they're strong in combat and perfect blocking can let you avoid a ton of damage but they can have a hard time against aerial enemies or ghosts

Strider is the gottagofast rogue class using daggers and bows, you have a lot of mobility and speed, as well as versatility in range, but you're squishy. Learn to use your roll.

Mage is honestly pretty shit, there's no reason to use it over Sorcerer unless you love using healing spells as Sorceror can use all of its offensive spells along with much stronger ones and has much higher magic growth.

Warrior is the fun Gutsfag class but is fucked over hard by having only 3 skills at a time for some reason. They exacerbate Fighter's mobility problems and can't block to boot, but at least a lot of your attacks are really really really hard to interrupt.

Sorceror has access to gigantic FUCK YOU spells like summoning meteors and tornadoes and shit, and they're incredibly powerful. They're squishy though and their best spells can take a long time to cast leaving you vulnerable.

Rangers use greatbows (and some dagger skills), they have the potential for the highest DPS of the game but that can get a bit boring sometimes.

Assassins can use a shitton of weapon types and have some fun skills and can get stronger at night. They also have the highest strength growth.

Mystic Knights are basically upgraded Fighters that can use magic and are fun as fuck, they get some really cool and versatile spells and are basically the paladins of the game.

Magick Archers have magic bows with homing arrows and elemental shots. They don't need to worry much about accuracy and have access to both physical and magic damage but their best skills require confined spaces which is mostly limited to BBI; otherwise their damage isn't great. Also worst stat growths of any class except maybe Mage.

>bucket helmet
Hell yeah, motherfucker.

i always run to bloodwater beach to grab it

>you should die in one hit
I want Soulsfags to leave

>3 buckets to upgrade
Best helmet

>cntrl+f six skills warrior
>it hasn't been done yet
It's not time to come back

You should die before you get the chance to pause the game and heal with your 999 stack of potent greenwarish. There is no challenge in a game with a healing system like that unless there is a risk of dying before you can heal.

Thanks, m8. I'm playing only with 3 pawns, so I might need to cave in and hire a fourth.

You only can have your pawn and 2 others at any given time, user.

>At least in hard mode you often die in a single hit
Not every game needs to be fucking LE EPIK HARDCORE PREPARE TO DIE, fuck off

Not him, but he has a point about grass breaking the game, especially when it's instant. In the console version you'd even pause the game to munch it and that's just fucking silly and takes away all fear.

Best way to play the game is no curatives save wakestones and hire a good mage.

You can only have 3 pawns in your party, the arisen being the fourth member.

Yeah, I mean I'm currently playing with a part of 3 right now and I might need to hire a fourth party member.

You can technically do it if you use that one dinput hooks mod on the Nexus.

Mystic Warrior is pretty fun.

Screen the pawns that you hire! Avoid Guardians and Acquisitors like the plague.

Pioneer is OK as secondary. Medicant is iffy as primary or secondary.

If you don't want to play on Hard Mode that's your choice dude, I just think the game is a lot better on Hard Mode.

Start as a Strider (because most balanced stats between them) then swap between Fighter and Mage to see which you like the playstyle the most. Each has a color that represents the class, and depending which one you like the most you should try the other classes that share the same color.

Most people will tell you not to go Mage, but if you like being a healslut, then pick up 3 good offensive pawns and go to town. Otherwise, go for Sorcerer and cast insane spells.

Yeah, if you want to turn people off in the game
>impossible to stagger anyting
>die in two hits
Hard Mode is meant for NG+

I want to get this game, been looking for a torrent but I can't find one

>the game allows you to play a literal healslut with 3 burly hunks of meat as your muscle

GOTYAY

www.buyit.cum

It's 13 bux on G2A, nigger. Unless you literally cannot afford food, there's no reason not to buy it.

>pirating a game that requires server access for one of the best features
Just pirate Two Worlds or something.

Boss??

Absolutely. You'll be surprised how effective a pawn can be with the right training and inclinations.

Which by the way Make DOUBLY SURE that your pawn (and any pawn you hire) does not have the Guardian inclination. For now don't bother with it too much since you can change the inclination late game, but as a rule of thumb try not to hire any pawns with that inclination.

The reason is that those pawns will prioritize being close to you, which means that in the middle of a battle they will cease the engagement if you go too far from them. It's not that bad if you are the same class as that pawn, but otherwise you can get a fighter pulling out of the fray or a mage jumping in the middle of it because of you.

>You can't really go wrong [...]
THEY

Daimon 1 as Warrior is great fun

>Hire guardian mages
>They're the only mages that actually heal
I think guardian mage pawns are pretty good at the beginning

I'm thinking of doing a hard mode from start, no rift pawns, no ayondyne run all the way to the end of BBI 2.0. I did one earlier with an MK arisen and a sorc pawn, which was fun. But now I want to add an "fuck the government" challenge, which means no buying any items from shops, can only enhance shit. All weapons and armor need to be found in the world.
Which class should I play as, and which class should my pawn be? I hate that since there is no hybrid classes for pawns and phys + magic classes must go together, if I don't play magick or a magick hybrid my pawn has to be 1 of 2 classes. I was thinking of Assassin arisen and sorc pawn. Any good ideas?

That's because of the Medicant inclination that might be their second or the hidden third.

I've hired a Guardian/Challenger mage pawn that refused to heal anyone unless they hit 25% of their health. Like I said, if you're a mage or perhaps a ranged class, it's not that bad to have a Guardian mage. But if you're a fighter or anything of the sorts, that pawn will be more often than not right below an ogre's testicles.

I did it and find it fun. The only thing I couldn't beat was the Drake and tentacles.

But easy gamea aren't fun

Why am I doing peanut damage to enemies in BBI? My pawns are doing a shitload damage then I ever will and It's annoying as fuck.

Currently have heavens keys as an assassin who went Strider > assassin

Also I'm like level 60+ or 70. Post daimon btw.

Damage calculation in DD is kinda fucked, it's subtractive instead of percentage-based.

In other words, unless you meet a certain damage threshold, you'll be doing shit damage until you pass that threshold.

Hybrid weapons are generally shit except when you're trying to damage wraiths. This is due to the damage threshold system, and hybrid weapons doing less magic/physical damage than a pure spell or a pure physical weapon.

Get your strongest pure physical daggers or sword. BBI L2 hybrid weapons are still alright if you're high level enough.

So how do I fix this? My heavens keys aren't dragon forged and my level is kind of low? I'm not really sure what level i should be for BBI 2.0

I don't find Hard Mode fun, but if you do go ahead.
There's not much useful stuff to buy in BBI anyway, Lordly Tonic, bait meat and liftstones being the exception.

I've done a Sorcerer/Sorcerer run like you describe it, and I had a lot of fun that way. You learn to appreciate some lesser-used spells like:
Fulmination, which absolutely SHREDS Garm, it's amazing.
Holy Focused Bolt is overpowered, and should be used only on enemies that are otherwise nigh-impenetrable (unless you have great weapon) like Cursed Dragons.
Comestion for skeletons and to fuck over Leapworms. Remember that spells flash when the cursor is hovering over an enemy, even if they're hidden like Leapworms are.
Voidspell. With no buyable curatives, Petrification is a death sentence without this.
Miasma is surprisingly spammable.

Treasure those periapts, because you won't have enough.

>Heaven's Keys
Those are okay, but unless you have a naturally high Magick stat (from leveling as Sorcerer) some other daggers with higher strength and then infused with a pawn's Holy Affinity will be stronger.

Also once you reach BBI you want to get a BBI weapon as fast as possible, even a lv.1 BBI will get you far if you manage to upgrade it.

Due to the aforemenntioned damage calculation, if the elemental damage and the physical damage for hybrid weapons don't meet the threshold then your damage will be completely fucked.

Just try to at least dragonforge your keys, there's lots of dragons outside of BBI and the Rotunda of Dread can be reset until you get a dragon encounter. During BBI 2.0 the Duskmoon Tower also has a dragon fight

It's pretty easy to miss if you don't do lost and found.
After that you do what says.
The stupid part is that you have to leave and come back, which is probably the reason why some people still miss it at this point.

You can also get a second one if you combine the gem from the end of aelinore's questline with a noonflower.

if you get bored and quit come back a few months later and you'll get hooked

>Got a Lvl 2 BBI weapon
>Same fucking dagger i bought a few days ago at Everfall
Was it just a case of awful luck or BBI weapons doesn't get any better?
The best weapon i got so far was a staff dropped by Dark Bishop, and i'm a ranger so i gave it to my pawn

Everything is viable for vanilla.

Play what you like. You can switch at any point.

>even a lv.1 BBI will get you far if you manage to upgrade it
nah, lvl 1 is just the same shit you get in the post game everfall or even worse. The best weapons before BBI lvl 2 would be the one's from grigori, or from the ur dragon, but those are holy.

Barroch starts to sell some lvl 2 weapons ones you've done a specific quest.
But lvl 2 weapons are the next best thing until you get some lvl 3. And those are stupidly powerful ones you gold rarify them

>awful luck
Yep.
From level 1 BBI weapons, the only daggers you can get are Chilling Razors (ice-elemental, split damage) and Dragon's Pain (I assume these are what you got).

Dragon's Pain are honestly better than Heaven's Key. Try to get them dragonforged by fighting a cursed dragon (40% chance) or try to get your hands on a level 2 weapon and hope you get the Helmbarte daggers because those have almost twice as much Strength as Dragon's Pain.

Magic archer is the most broken class in the game.

Mage is shit for you, good for AI.

Mystic knight is also pretty good.

Oh and prepare to face a bunch of grind bosses

good taste by i prefer Shizuku

Magick Archer is only good for BBI

it does great everywhere

very versatile and free periapt stacking makes it the strongest and most convenient class

>he uses periapt stacking outside of BBI 2.0
might as well just play easy mode

Sixfold Bolt and Seeker Bolt have slightly mediocre damage and Ricochet Hunter is useless in open air.

immolation/ kisses or rivet for chimeras or gryphons
sixfold for bandits and drakes

it does basegame just fine

>it does basegame just fine
everything does

Found the millenial gamer.

Retard here, never played any dragon's dogma game
Is it worth pirating it? I heard you can download someone else's pawns or something, but i wouldn't be able to do so on the pirated version.

see

well fugg :----__D
maybe another time, when i gather up the monies

cute

remove heretics

I wish I could create spurdo in the DD character creator

lmfao

absolutely savaged

never even played this game

Awww yis

>try to play game
>get stuck at naming a character

It's one thing to give someone a shitty name, It's another to give someone a shitty name that everyone can see.

should i get to it with KB+M or just x360 gamepad?

It's a meme

>le wolves! le packs!
You'll see soon enough

Just another shit ARPG where stats and items matter more than actual skill

I haven't tried the PC port, but I saw some complaints on release over its controls.

Uhhh if your numbers were higher you could've survived that? Why didn't you just grind to get bigger numbers?

keyboard lets you bind things like the lantern and other utility stuff with a mod

I just use controller because it's more comfortable and I don't mind menu hopping

>needing to minmax in a single player game where it doesn't matter

>needing to grind in a single player game where it doesn't matter

is this neo-Cred Forums or nu-Cred Forums?

Where did I say you need to minmax?