DivOS

Front Mission 3.

My man.

darkest dungeon
the xcom series
battle brothers

why are there still birthday hats on the catalog but not in thread

>BATTUL BRUTHAS
Is this really good? I've been kind of half paying attention to it for a while.

Check out Hard West. It finished it a while ago and it was pretty great. Cowboys vs Demons, weird guns and abilities, and a decent story.

haven't played it myself as of yet because i'm waiting for it to leave EA.
I watched a random let's play after the most recent update and it seems to come together quite nicely.
They added a few new weapon-classes and obstacles on the battlefield.

The shadowrun series. Its basically Xcom with Magic and better cybernetics.

Xenonauts

Templar Battleforce.

youtube.com/watch?v=E0FPHrNo5J8

Actually bought it a couple of hours ago on gog. Not played enough to really give my opinion on it yet but the setting seems neat. I like the idea of ricocheting bullets but i am not sure what i think about their luck system yet. Also not sure about their overwatch system, only seems to trigger if you walk right passed someone if i get it correctly.

wow this is it?

undertale

Valkyria chronicles 1 2 & 3

You sound very ungrateful.

blackguards

SILENT FUCKING STORM

End State looks promising but it's not out yet. It's got a modern counter terrorist theme to it. Right now you can sign up for an alpha build. No idea when they're planning to release that.

W2
DivOS
???
on what plane of existence are those games similar to XCOM?

The combat of wasteland 2 is very similar to xcoms combat.

cowe

Is XCOM 2 good? Was considering buying it for 20 bucks.

Eh
I really enjoyed the XCOM reboot but XCOM 2 has a lot of technical issues like long loading during missions, bad optimization despite being a timed exclusive for PC, the odd decision to give almost every mission a time-limit etc.
I'd say its worth 20 bucks though, but I kinda regret buying it for full price back then.

Swat 3
Lords of chaos

The only nigga in the thread that has a clue

Why 3 though?

Commandos behind enemy lines.
Fucking glorious.

New Shadowrun games.

Jagged Alliance 2 is considered near the top of the genre, though it might come off as a little dated if the newest XCOM is your first exposure to turn-based tactical combat.

HoMM 3

Fire Emblem

Looks cool.

2 is better.

OpenXCOM with XPiratez mod. trust me.

Surprsied no one mentioned this yet but

Frozen Synapse is exactly what you want and it is 100% multiplayer. Basically chess.

Its on sale right now, most missions are timed, but it can be modded out if you can't handle it.

I've only played it a little bit and to be honest I don't dig the TBS part of it. You're right in that the Luck system seems kinda weird and it can get frustrating quickly. I do fucking love the Weird West genre, though. Wish there were more games in it.

True....3 is shit.

Factually incorrect, but I don't blame you.
The campaign against AI is eh.

also the expansion SS: Sentinels and a similar game Hammer & Sickle

very good physical engine, possible to destroy whole buildings with explosives, pretty deep character and inventory management compared to modern x-com