Buying used games is as bad as pirating games

>buying used games is as bad as pirating games

It's actually worse.

It's akin to paying to pirate.

Why?

buying used goods is a transfer of assets

None of it goes to the dev when you buy used.

You're still supporting the economy, which is never a bad thing.

Buying games is bad as you support the faggots that release the games

It's basically pirating, but you actually paying something.

Because you're giving money to some fuck instead of the dev.

>land of the free
>buying used games is illegal

its worse
because you are actually paying a third involved person while the company nor the publisher gets anything
may aswell pirate or buy a pirated copy , its not different other than saving money

>some fuck
Hey, you fucking gross hippie. It's a business. Your money goes to a business that pays working people's wages. You're that "some fuck" here, Lennon

oh fuck off shill
i want my OLD games in my shithole of a country too

one day only digital will kill my will to live

You are saying I don't want to support the dev but I still want to pay money.
What's the point?

Maybe game developers shouldn't be charging $89.99 CAD plus tax plus tip to Canadian consumers. Would rather give my money to a small business than "whoa welcome to EB games!"

There's nothing morally wrong with either, so it's technically true.

why is it supposed to?
it's a transfer of assets

You are actively supporting a business that has a business model completely built around ensuring developers and publishers do not get money, and consumers get shafted by paying nearly full price.

>buying a used car is as bad as grand theft auto

Anything below $60 + season pass is pirating.

>copying a car and leaving the original is GTA

you guys are fucking retards. The devs already got their share for that copy of the game when the last owner bought it. OR, they get it when the video game shop buys the game wholesale

Fucking retards.

most devs don't even deserve the money for the shit they release these days anyway

Its the same shit you dont support the devs at least pirates get it for free.

Moral questions aside, for the development of the industry it' A LITTLE, VERY LITTLE better to buy an used game.
Both pirating and buying an used game generate no profit to the developer/publisher, so it creates no more incentive to them or others like them to keep creating content than if you just pirated the game.
But the fact that you could sell an used game in the first place it's an incentive for you to buy one. So you may be creating an incentive to the person that you bought the used game to buy more original games, that will be some incentive to the industry.
Also, if the person can't play the game anymore after it sold to you, it may change it's mind and buy the original game again, creating incentive to the industry.
But this last cases are not that commom, so as I said, it's very little better.
(And with that said, of course, the incentive of buying a single original copy (for yourself, for instance) is also very small).

The metaphor of the car doesn't work because only one person can use one car at a time (as a driver, under normal circunstances, at least). There's hardly an upper limit to the number of persons that can use the information that represents the game at the same time.
They are different kinds of products.