I just bought Princess Maker 2 Refine after seeing threads about it yesterday, but I'm kinda stuck on what to do

I just bought Princess Maker 2 Refine after seeing threads about it yesterday, but I'm kinda stuck on what to do.

Basically, I've got barely any money, especially since I'm giving her a hearty diet. Most of her time is spent working on the farm and then relaxing to decrease stress.

I've seen people talk about building up enough art skill to win the art contest in one or two years, but with the current rate of income and expenses I don't know how to consistently pay for lessons.

What other stats are important?
I'm sending her to work at church for morality and have her talk to the city guard every month.

Cred Forums Pass user since September 2013.

TORRENT WHEN!?

I'm surprised there isn't a torrent up yet, usually people are really fast at providing steam games once they're released.

>I've seen people talk about building up enough art skill to win the art contest in one or two years
There's loads of money to be had in chests while adventuring, mainly the desert, but with the more randomized encounter rate it's really for those who look to minmax and don't mind loading game handful of times.

What chests would be easy to reach for a beginner?

For desert it would be getting the purple circle, paying 200g to the dragon at 1 and then selling item from red square.
Think you get net gain of 1700g from those two.

Gonna give it a try. Cheers!

Anyone can upload the clean Steam files? I'mma slap a Steam Emu on it and see if it works.

How can I get her to paint a painting without going to art lessons?

I've got an art skill of 92 and don't want to go again otherwise it'll hit 100, but the only painting I got is one she painted at around skill 50.

That is the only way.
You need to lay back with these fear mongers who say your daughter is ruined if stat Y raises above X.

I guess I should stop worrying about min maxing on my first playthrough. It's a bad habit.

At the beginning Church+whatever job that increases stats towards the ending you want. Once her morality and shit is high enough from being a good christian girl she'll waste less time doing her slav-shit.

Btw, what stat do I need to raise to talk to people at the castle. I'm guessing Connections but I'm not entirely sure.

Elegance to even properly greet them since they don't like country bumpkin.
Then they have another stat they look for that determines how much connections you gain.

Like the guard saying he likes elegance so if I have elegance it'll increase my connections?

Elegance and decorum will enable you to talk to more important people giving you more connections. Though i'm not 100% sure what connections does, I think it gives you discounts and high enough connections allows your daughter to marry the prince...That's it I think.

Got my shit mixed there, decorum determines if they even talk to you.

Raising decorum isn't too bad, but I keep losing my elegance due to farm and lumberjack work. What other jobs are decent for a 12 year old.

He looks intimidated.

what ending is this and how do i get it?

It's really give and take with the jobs, but what you want to do at the start is a good foundation from which to build up.
Which I guess would translate into getting constitution and morality to decent levels so the game doesn't turn from Princess Maker into Worried Father simulator.

And then there's the hidden stats game doesn't even tell you until at the ending part where it sums shit up which I guess you could figure out by logic but that's always tricky to apply to video games.

I believe this is when you turn her into a bandit and get arrange a marriage with the dragon prince.

Reminder that the DOS version is superior to the remake

I loved this game's open ended endings until I got the artist ending 50% of the time.

Then I used a guide and all the magic was lost.

I hope they add subtitles to the daughter monologing about her upbringing at the end.

Just play, your daughter will become a whore soon. That sweet sweet 100$ stripper money

how do i get her to be a stripper?
all she did at the cabaret was serve drinks

She upgrades to dancer after doing it a while and/or when she gets older.

does the talk option ever do anything when encountering monsters on errantry?

Might have been with good sensitivity they actually make sense and some give small clues about stuff.
Most of the time it's another way to avoid fights.

Most monsters won't attack you if your stats are high enough.

I swear if this shit isn't cracked in a week, I might actually be forced to buy this shit...

Why not just torrent the original DOS game?

Why not play the Japanese version?

>torrent
The original is abandonware. Just look for sites that carry those.

Did the Refined version get an unofficial translation that I didn't know about before it came to steam?
Fuck playing the 95 DOS version, I went through hours trying to get it to run on my PC

you just needed dosbox...

Nah. If you want Refine and the game in English. You need the Steam version.

I'm hoping that if the localization makes enough money we'll get 3,4,5 localized as well.