What are some reviews that really make you think?

What are some reviews that really make you think?

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

killscreen.com/articles/speak-up-the-order-1886/
youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM
christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/reviews/handhelds/3ds/6272-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-3ds
vnrw.wordpress.com/category/home/games/
christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/reviews/consoles/xbox-360/5301-warhammer-40000-space-marine
christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/faqs/15-game-reviews/16-christ-centered-gamer-reviewing-standard
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rather than the usual "fucking SJW" thread can we actualy talk about things that matter

like these fucking stupid party hat, why are they still here?

Party never ends

killscreen.com/articles/speak-up-the-order-1886/
>Its low review scores and petulant detractors are proof, once again, that games could never become art (whatever that would mean) because the people playing them and the people responsible for curating them simply wouldn’t allow it.
damn...

>Im new, please be nice to me

>being this new
>liek uh muh gawd enuff uv duh ess jay dubyas

or you can kill yourself and go talk about something

more like kysscreen

Why don't people lurk anymore?

It isn't encouraged. There is no self-moderation anymore.

The fact that they used 'sexist character designs' as a negative point makes me take them way less seriously.

>"Attractive women in a game? That offends me and others, probably!"

>Have you played Myst?
>Don’t bother. It’s awful.

SJW were once an actual thing once and threat to vidya but publishers have looked at the numbers and seen first hand that they don't buy or even play video games; there is less and less pandering to them than there was a year ago and in another, there will be very little if any.

It was just a 'vogue' thing and it's almost dead so just be patient guys; we won because we showed the developers, publishers and marketers who really fuels this industry...us.

White Power.

>ellipses
the fedora of punctuation

I'm bringing them back, comrade.

This English degree will NOT go to waste!

JK, Math Major $300,000 a year.

us kkk am i right?

sjw shills confirmed newfags

>Half the demons are males with giant chests, phallic symbols or straight up dicks.
>Sexist character design

Wew lad

All the fucking retards shitting on DoAX3 before and after release and at the same time getting offended by James Rolfe's decision not to watch the fembusters

Eh, I'm just happy I'm white; feelsgoodman.

People smile at me more, I'm trusted more right off the bat, people hold the door open for me, they say 'Sir', I get preferential treatment anywhere I go, I get the best jobs and I'm socially accepted almost everywhere.

I'm quite privileged and grateful for it.

shit what do you do?

I have a math degree (Bachelors) and I make only 100K

>There is no self-moderation anymore.
This, I was once banned last month because I told some child to lurk more on a doom thread

Are you surprised that a game called Party Babyz might not be for you?

I networked in college and found a guy who's father was high up in one of the Big 4.

It's not just what you know, it's who you know.

Oh. You can keep your extra 200K =D.

I'd rather die than work for one of the big four.

In my current job I work with a lot of people my own age from Delloitte. I basically come and go as I please at the office but they're always there.

Hopefully your connections helped you skip all the overworking bullshit.

Why does it still surprise you niggers that these 'reviewers' are narcissistic assholes who aren't objective in any way, shape or form; all they want to do is shoe-horn their own beliefs and agendas into their reviews or sell-out to appease their advertising masters.

TRY THINGS OUT FOR YOURSELVES AND FORM YOU OWN FUCKING OPINIONS

>Female demons are sexy
>Male demons are giant penises
>I'M OFFENDED BY SEXY WOMEN

Or maybe just learn, "Danielle Riendo reviews aren't for me. Maybe I should find another reviewer who aligns better with my personal tastes."

youtube.com/watch?v=FElmjlzdSSM

I'm just middle management dead weight who make sure my subordinates and their thrall interns are doing their job.

I don't micromanage; I simply tell them "We're all replaceable here including myself but if you don't do your job then you'll be the one they replace first. I have at least three buffer layers before they replace me; you don't so get to it."

>what is context
Similarly, it wouldn't be offensive to portray a random white woman as a stupid, crack-dealing, watermelon-eating, welfare queen.

Men haven't been treated like mere sex objects since the dawn of time, so sexually objectifying men doesn't reinforce any existing oppressive power structures.

Why do they so obsessed about catering to the SJW audience? Can't see they barely even care about games in the first place?

But finding objective reviewers is like finding a non-retarded, non-useless woman.

It makes me think the prudes and censors needs to end their lives

>objective reviewers

This doesn't exist.

A review is a a judgement rendered based on someone's subjective experience with something.

Find someone who has similar tastes as you or don't read reviews.

It's time.

>Men haven't been treated like mere sex objects since the dawn of time
Go look at some greeco roman art

Why do you want anal anyway? It is the grossest of the three places you can stick it.

Gay guys only do it because they don't have a better option.

M-MALE POWER FANTASY
MALE POWER FANTASY
STOP CONTRADICTING MY STRAWMAN

Those sculptures were a non-sexual celebration of the body. Besides, I said MERE sex objects. Women alone have suffered the condition of being treated simply as objects of sex. Men are occasionally objectified but they also hold 99.9% of social, cultural, and political power throughout all of history.

Lol

You're right, it is time...

For GERMAN STEEEEEEEEEEEEL

This.

Women have been on the wrong end of most power dynamics since civilization started. Anyone who argues otherwise is an idiot.

Be happy that you're on the right side fellas. It doesn't hurt you to admit you're privileged. I promise.

I'm a straight white dude raised by two middle income parents in the USA. I'm booming with privilege. It makes things easier.

I'm not going to try to deny I have privilege because I have no interest in trying to win the misery Olympics and someone as privileged as I am denying their privilege comes off as pussy ass excuses for my lack of success.

>I want equality between the genders
>but I also want revenge

>tfw can't find this literally anywhere
>tfw no comfy German steel vita case

>posting nazi shit

Who wants "revenge"?

Most of the "SJWs" I know don't.

They just want people to give a shit when those who look like them are gunned down by police and shit.

Some girls like it up the pooper honestly, depends on the girl.

Again, think of the racism example. It's offensive to portray a black woman as a crack addict welfare queen etc., but it's not offensive to do with a white guy because there's no stereotype of white guys being those things, so there's no oppressive power structure to reinforce and there's no implicit bias to reinforce.

You're essentially doing the "all lives matter" thing. It's not about revenge, it's about evening the playing field.

>nihilistic
Do you also get a wicket sense of humor like pic related?

>B-29
>German holocauster
The B-29 never saw service in the European theatre you fucking retard.

Are you seriously trying to inject BLM into this thread?

I didn't say 100% objective reviewers, comrade.

I mean a review who 'suspends their disbelief' as much as humanly possible, has no agenda or personal opinion of any of developers/publishers previous games and lastly recognizes the fact that each game is it's own unique creation and cannot be compared to anything else.

That is possible; I know because that's what I do with vidya and with movies.

I don't write reviews but if people ask me what I thought of a movie or vidya, I tell them and they're always surprised at how objective I am.

I love science but there needs to be objective measures and oversights in place for each and every experiment, not just ethics.

I'm insane, I know.

Make one yourself.

Copy/paste the logos and take it to a print shop where they can print it out on a sticker/decal.

Buy a plain, generic Vita case and Bob's your uncle.

Tyrannosaurus Wrekt

Nice job, freund.

>I love science but there needs to be objective measures and oversights in place for each and every experiment, not just ethics.

You can look at the back of the box or digital foundry for measurable like screen resolution and framerate and other objective measurablse. Almost everything else is subjective though.

If you ask me what I thought of GTAV's visuals, I could tell you that it runs at up to 4K resolutions at such and such framerates depending upon your systems's requirements.

Or I could tell you that I personally think the visuals of the game look like crap for A, B, and C subjective reasons.

Digital Foundry does the former. Reviews are for the latter.

>YFW you fucked up big time.

See:

I was fucking this grill and she said "Put it in my ass." and I did; it feltgoodman.

Another QT22/7 from college would send me pics of her putting a dildo up her pussy and ass; she would also suck my cock and I would tell her to slip a finger in her ass.

She made sure to keep that shit squeaky clean.

He's fucking with you, it's an old meme. Seriously, did you think any of what he said after this post sounded real?

I lurked for an entire year before I even started posting.
Newfags are used to kneejerk reactions and need instant gratification, so they just blurt out their opinion before even doing the research.

I like how Eurogamer did away with their rating scale and made people actually READ the review to glean some idea of how the game played/was.

But it was still subjective.

A man can dream, can't he?

People complaining about personal politics finding their way into reviews: This has always fucking happened.

It's the reason why movies about people in show-business are always critical and industry darlings. See; Birdman, Argo, The Artist, Dreamgirls. Just a few recent examples that I pulled from the top of my head.

This has always happened with video games too. It's just that by and large, the people reviewing games have shared similar identity politics with you so you didn't notice. For example, you probably didn't notice that, big fucking surprise, middle aged white guys with kids (a lot of video game reviewers) really found The Last of Us to be a relatable video game. Hmmm... wonder why that is.

>Ruining my master rusing.

You dick, lol.

>research

Nigger, stop making up words.

The chans sure have changed since 2007.

Winter has come.

Eh, I think my dick is probably too big to make it work without some serious effort and prep.

it's fucking october 2, party is over, go home gamer girl!

Children of Men + Left4Dead = The Last of Us

Should I have used 'LURKED' again, you edgy homo?

>I have at least three buffer layers before they replace me; you don't so get to it."
You sound alright.

Lol what's the joke?

Jokes on me. I'm ONLY making double the median US household income meanwhile someone else is pretending to make more?

good1

Those are really good movies though.

Short story time:

>Fucking the ladder QT in the ass.
>Didn't use enough lube.
>At her house a week later, see blood tissues.
>Ask if her nose was bleeding; she blushes.
>!
>I ask if it was from me fucking her ass last week.
>She nods.

I felt super bad since my cock is pretty thick.

I mean it didn't stop me from fucking her in the ass many more times in the future but I made sure to have use the plug or the beads I got for her often so we'd have an easier time.

Sure.

And The Last of Us is a good game.

I think it's silly to bitch about identify politics informing reviews when you're really upset that it's just identity politics that aren't your own informing reviews.

Is it REALLY good? I'm playing NGB for the first time and it's one of the best games I've ever played. People say LoU is one of the best games ever made, although I'm sure for different reasons.

What about LoU makes it so good? Would I be better off just reading a book?

Fucking green text.

So is that sarcasm or did you think that was a bretty gud line to tell people that work under you?

It's an ancient maymay that says Math majors make $300,000 a year starting; people would say it anytime someone asked what they should major in.

Na but it's great you're making so much dosh, mang.

Buy some condos with cash and tally ho, you're good to go.

Nah mate, that's not privilege. That's just your race is collectively known for more good things than bad things so stigmas don't stick as hard as it does for say mudskins. It's what happens when you have a culture that doesn't tear itself apart.

What are you trying to do?

Get on my level.

I actually love that line and about falls in line with my style, but I've also spent a bunch of time in the military and the EMS system along with other silly shit so I'm a pretty rough person.

I don't think I could ever survive in an office environment longer than three months. I can only imagine how officer workers react.

How can we answer that question?

Different strokes for different folks.

Graphics were solid.

Gameplay was solid.

Narrative was interesting.

There were themes and motifs.

A number of cliches but I would recommend playing it if you can get it via Redbox, borrow it, steal it or get it for cheap.

I think it's $15 bucks on Amazon.

Do it faggot.

>Greek mythos depict Actaeon as a living sex toy
>got eaten just because he's seen Artemis nude
And that's his whole story.

wow

that's so fucking stupid

Let them hate so long as they fear.

They fall in line and do the job; especially in the interns because they're all hoping for a actual full-time position or at least the experience and recommendation we offer them.

In reality we work them to death and toss them aside unless I see untapped potential in someone then I tell them that if they're my ears and ears, I'll make sure good things happen.

Take care of me and I take care of you.

I kek'd

Remind me if you please, what's the worlds oldest profession?

Let's face facts:

Women are weak and make terrible decisions based on emotions rather than logic; there are exceptions but they are rare.

History and the numbers confirm what I say to be true.

Them's the breaks.

>99% of the cultural and political power throughout history

Pretty sure that whole women have control over the home and hearth until very recently. Why do SJW types parrot this shit, different gender roles doesn't mean one side has zero power or influence.

>there's no stereotype of white guys being those things

I can easily think of 3 different white meth head stereotypes.

>M-m-muh black lives matter
>Muh sexual objectification
>Applying hypocritical double standards will fix all of muh social injustices

Am I just being baited or do legitimate retards roam Cred Forums now?

Hownewru

Okay, then I'm gonna call virtually naked video game girls a "celebration of the body" too. Go neck yourself.

The panther is even less reliable than a gf desu

Bunch of fucking pissants, all of them.
Reviews are never worth it. Just pirate n try it.

jesus christ

It seems that, with all the privilege in the world, you still browse Cred Forums and ''''''''''argue'''''''''' about videogames. Maybe privilege doesn't correlate to success after all.

>what is context

It's a video game.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

and requires more money for upkeep. gas ain't cheap.

I was thinking bikers, strung out scrawny hookers in their 40s, and ICP concerts but sure those are all valid stereotypes too.

Seriously moronic double standards aside who seriously doesn't have any easy to go stereotypes for white people + drugs? I can think of even more for heroin addicts. I'm serious, the only race I don't have any immediate drug stereotypes for are asians, and that's because I know very little about what drugs are popular to those people I hear that people from thailand have a real strong affinity for meth though

>girlfriends don't require money to upkeep
Even implying that is retarded.

>This is considered professional journalism
Honestly the game wasn't even that bad, mostly tounge and cheek.

>No stereotypes for asians regarding drugs

What is opium. Did you fall asleep during history class?

But user, female demons are also giant penises

>that's not privilege. That's... (defines privilege)

>posts on Cred Forums
>feels superior to anyone

>All 5000 members of the modern day KKK all hang out on Cred Forums.

On one hand, I don't doubt it. But on the other hand, your social engineering game is shit.
>Don't disagree with me or you're a racist, only cool kids share my opinion.

I'm talking current year narcotics bud. Opioids have come a long way since literal opium

Everyone knows about how opium royally fucked China and all that.

is he wrong?

This is the kind of management style I prefer to work under. Mostly because it's easier for to rise past inept baby employees who take this style management as "oppressive and hurtful"

He said white power. I'm ribbing him mate.

Meanwhile on christians reviewers...
christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/reviews/handhelds/3ds/6272-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-3ds

Are you saying the white ranger wasn't the most powerful?

>the number of "characters of color" is now a merit you can rate a game on

The crash can't come soon enough

>There were themes and motifs.
Lies.

Social and racial norms are not privileges. They are expectations following hundreds of decades of human interactions. What the fuck man.

No he was pretty stronk, but it was originally green. Whitey wasn't originally martians, except maybe the Irish.

>christians reviewers
That site is a very isolated case compared to general Christian discussion on video games

That review seems decent t b h. Just one or two dumb comments and he's actually going into detail about why the gameplay sucks rather than m-muh anime titties.

I really like how PoC means, not white, or asian now.

So what is it now like not 'marginalized' poor brown person the go to for person of color as opposed to simply 'not white'. I mean both are shitty ways of grouping a good chunk of the planet's population but I can't think of which is more offensive.

Like do Saudis count as 'PoC' (never mind the fact that Islam isn't a race as that fact is lost on these people), since they have a lot of money

It's really funny how unaware you'd have to be to think a color skin quota requirement is a good thing.

Oh yeah, what about the mother fucking giraffes?

Come at me, brah.

This is true sure. But also note that the film industry is full of easily offended sjws as well.

Look at the reception for nearly every one of Lars von Trier's films for instance. And he's one of the best directors of the last few decades.

Tom Chick, nigger. Whether you share his tastes or not, reading his reviews informs you enough to figure out if the game appeals to your tastes. His apprentice is aping him so he's good too.

I don't read reviews because all journalists are faggots.

How fucking metal is it that a Christian vidya site gives the most objective reviews possible while still maintaining their faith?

Color me impressed, I might actually donate.

I've been noticing this distinct lack of leaf and northwestern bullshit this year. I am thankful. There is light at the end of this tunnel. I hope you're correct.

With tlou they came up with the opening (textbook sad scene "omg muh feels") and ending (lazy morally ambiguous ending "dude humanity ia fucked doe...") first and then filled in the big middle gap with different walking dead episodes.

There were no themes unless you think "humanity is le bad" is a theme.

Don't be a fool. Reviews have existed for a long fucking time and professionals make a point to aim for objectivity. They don't toss aside their personal preferences, but they don't hone in on them either. They keep it in the medium, whether it be books, movies or vidya and they judge work by the standards of the medium. This is why someone who doesn't play sports can still turn out a decent Madden review if the sports guy isn't available. They may lack the detailed insight, but they get the job done.

Aiming for objectivity produces this. It doesn't matter that you can't obtain it, it just shows in your work when you try.

MAH NIGGGGGGGGGGGGGA!

Anti-Christ
Nymphomaniac 1 and 2: Directors Cut
Etc.

So good; Anti-Christ got under my skin in the worst possible way. Even worse than The Babadook; it was a good movie, faggots.

>MFW you just went full retard.

Also, we can't stop here...this is bat country.

Normative measurement replaces objective measurement in fields of criticism of a medium.
Everyone can look at the latest AAA releases next to pixelshit and say, here is high quality graphics and here is low quality graphics. Thus is a standard born.
You don't just default to subjective because objectivity is impossible. That's fucking millennial bullshit, like quitting a hobby because everyone isn't falling over themselves to praise you after you've been at it for three weeks.

Anti-Christ is a really good movie. It's where people first started calling him a sexist as well.

>makes one akward hitler joke to the press after melancholia
>gets banned from cannes for life
Trier is too good for this shit industry.

Also babadook sucked.

Do not hope, comrade.

It will come to pass and when it does all the drama and bullshit will be completely forgotten.

As an 31 year oldfag, I have seen it happen before and I'm sure I'll see it at least once more in my life before I get bored auto-erotic asphyxiate myself.

I like that morality score thing. That's pretty cool.

Giraffes are a recurring motif throughout The Last of Us, peaking with (and foreshadowing) the emotional encounter with the herd in Utah.

Meaning

They seem to represent the idea of innocence in such devastating times, illustrated by how they are associated with children like Joel's daughter, Sarah and Ellie. Ellie's particular attraction to giraffes is probably because she has never seen many animals before, such as zoo animals like Monkeys.
They also serve to create a structural parallel in the story, as when Joel and Ellie were viewing the giraffe herd, they both subconsciously reiterate their first genuine interaction back in a Boston skyline while viewing the sunset. Joel once again asks Ellie, "This everything you were hoping for?" to which Ellie replies in the exact same manner as she did the first time; "It's got it ups and downs. You can't deny the view, though." This foreshadowed encounter is also the last moment Ellie reflects her child-like traits, not repeating such for the rest of the game.

Linking with the above, the herd of giraffes serves to display that "life goes on". They contrast the beauty of nature with horrors of the Infected and mankind; reminding Ellie there is good in the world and something to look forward to.

Man, I don't like wreking little kids this early in the morning; not at least until I've had breakfast.

Calm down user guy, I was just fishing.

"SJW" critique has existed in film for far longer than games, difference is film isn't rife with dumb manchildren willing to blow that shit out of proportion and treat it as some threat to the entire medium

If progressive-leaning publications started doing the same thing as christ centered gamer with separating their cultural criticism from the main review, would people here stop bitching about them? kinda doubt it

:delete party:

People getting so offended that they literally hold back art has always been a problem.

You realize books were still getting banned for sexually explicit content less than a hundred years ago right?

Haha is this pasta? I don't usually talk about tlou so I don't know all the memes.

Alright, good was being too generous.

I had some issues with resentment and repressing a lot of things so the movie really resonated with me in a lot of ways I didn't consciously know or expect so that's why it scared me/got under my skin.

I've dealt with many of those issues but much like in the movie there are just somethings you have to live with but you can't let them consume you.

Anti-Christ is an amazing movie.

The train ride where you see her frames of her screaming really creeped me out and I knew it was just going to get worse from there.

I didn't know about him getting banned from Cannes for life.

He's the Kubrick of our generation.

Misunderstood but so fucking good.

I don't really consider him a journalist.

He was always just Hunter to me.

History is full of people that just can't be described properly.

Hunter S. Thompson
Hemingway
Machiavelli

Locations where Giraffes appear:

Behind the door in Sarah's bedroom
One of the movies listed in the theater in Austin while the crowd is panicking is "Giraffic Park".
One is held by a little girl following the walk through the market on the way to see Robert.
The house behind the dog door in Bill's Town—a picture in a kid's room.
Outside the school in Bill's Town.
On the side of a framed picture of a dog in the room you meet Sam and Henry in.
Five in the Pittsburgh toy store—3 display placards, 2 plush toys.
In the children's classroom in the sewers (plush toy).
Among a collection of stuffed toy animals in the bedroom in the Ranch.
Zoo advertisements around Salt Lake City.
The herd in Salt Lake City from the Hogle Zoo.
Movie theater listing for "Giraffic Park" (located in Concept Art).
Painted on the walls in the pediatrics unit of the hospital when Joel is escaping with Ellie.
Two in Raja's Arcade; one in the crane game machine, and another in a lucky pick game in the Left Behind DLC.
One on Ellie's bed at Tommy's Dam See One Night Live

Checkmate.

>Apocalypse is unforgiving for any new players

This cant be for real. Game has been the easiest turn based SMT so far.

Well meme or single crazy guy I'd love for tlou's legacy to be "that game that was actually really deep because of giraffes". Keep it up my man.

>SJW '''''critique''''' has existed in film for far longer than games

So all you're telling me is that this type of garbage 'I'm offended therefore this game sucks' ''''''criticism''''' has exists in other mediums. And? Does that make it acceptable?

I mean more than a few books have been burned because of these types of ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''criticism'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''.

Does that make it okay here?

Just google TLOU giraffes.

I'm a cinema fag and have ADD so I picked up on all those details and shit on my first play through; took awhile for people to actually make connections and write up a summary though.

>If all publications started doing the same thing as christ centered gamer with separating their cultural criticism from the main review, would people here stop bitching about them?

I would, but I doubt this will ever happen. SJWs seem hell-bent on convincing people that they are normal and everyone else is just behind the times. Separating their beliefs like that would make them look like a fringe group.

That would also explain why they flipped their shit when Play-Asia blamed them directly for DOAX3's canceled localization.

>ick presentation

This bitch is paid to write this shit.

I'm an actual cinemafag, myself. TLOU would be laughed out of any theatre were it a movie and everyone would then laugh at the one guy yelling "but the giraffes!"

No really tho thank you for this crispy fine meme. I just borrowed it from a friend, thought it was at least better than uncharted, and then moved on. So I missed any discussion that was had over it.

Based. I'll be fixing the scores on wikis to include scores from this site from now on. Much thanks user.

>TLoU would be laughed out of any theater
not in a world where people enjoy the drek they currently do

The likelihood of people like you facing challenges is just as equal to people in low socio-economic conditions or of genders other than male. Why you ask? Because our perception of existence is so unique that even the most privileged, loved, successful people have challenges of their own including chemical imbalances in the brain and failure to create meaningful human relations.

In summary, kill yourself.

This is bait, right?

Destructoid is weird in that it doesn't have the weird homogenized opinion among its editors that most other gaming sites do.

I mean if it were shown at a serious film festival or something. It would certainly be well received if you showed it to the capeshitter audience, that's assuming you've advertised it enough of course.

>Kotaku editior
>video bay at @polygon
>former writer IGN
>game reporter: digital spy

>all these meaningless jobs

Being a writer or reporter for a gaming outlet has the same value as working in retail imo

mara is a goddess though.

Less value you mean

Well it's as I said before:

Children of Men + Left4Dead = The Last of Us

AND THE GIRAFFES!!11oneone

vnrw.wordpress.com/category/home/games/

>ICO
>a 2/5

I thought I was over getting mad at shitty reviews.
Thanks for showing me that I am not.

I'm not giving this shit any clicks, but wow.

TLOU felt like it was ripping off Children of Men and The Road. I feel like it would have been a much better movie (game) had they actually seen either of these movies (films).

I'd rather a тяжёлый aтoмный paкeтный кpeйcep than some murrican bucket.

HOW?

Schmalturm Tiger?

>BUT IT WAS SO HYPED!???
this is how you sound

>no negatives for Gone Home

>would be laughed out of theaters
>suicide squad and the warcraft movies did extremely well at the box office
you're wrong

Why do people bother interacting with Randy Pitchford?

>hobby-grade
What does that even mean?

>Gone Home
>Your teenage sister was gay and ran away from home
>Profound characters
>Thought-provoking
>Just picking up things and listen to the character talk is innovative clue gathering

>Wind Waker has outdated visuals
>Mario 64 has bad controls
>Ico is boring

I like how Space Marine got bonus to morality score because while protagonist & co maintains faith in Emperor, and there's a lot of sort-of-occultism going on, it still shows that fucking with warp & demon stuff is a bad thing.

christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/reviews/consoles/xbox-360/5301-warhammer-40000-space-marine

>MGS4
>cons: gameplay sections too long

Confirmed fake.

Get a clue and have some sex.

Fucking metal.

My point was that next to no film enthusiasts get outraged over that kind of criticism for a good reason, and that gamers at large would benefit from doing the same.

I think that that kind of criticism has a right to exist and isn't inherently pro-censorship like you're implying.

thanks for the kind words!

thanks! It's worked well for us bad Christian games score poorly and fun secular games score well

thank you, much appreciated!

White power

Aww I love you guys

You can't fail if you don't try.

Oh sorry for swearing and posting such a blaspheming picture.

I enjoy your website and how you've managed to find that equilibrium between your faith and being as objective as possible in your reviews.

thanks! Back atcha :)

It's okay, it's to be expected here ;) That's why I put a warning on twitter when linking to @Cred Forums

>My point was that next to no film enthusiasts get outraged over that kind of criticism for a good reason

It does help that film doesn't have "Citizen Kane, didn't see any asians. 2/10 racist propaganda" and "The film has no story, structure, and looks like it was filmed with a 10 dollar pharmacy camera, 10/10 it had a gay person in it"

he's right tho.

See it in motion.

To be fair, the game is pretty sexist

>DEEP FOCUS
>CEILINGS IN THE SHOTS
>TRACKING SHOTS
>NO NAME ACTORS
>ROSEBUD

OVER 9000 out of 10

what game is that??

>assuming nanashi is straight
WOOOOOW

Too bad I'm an ass-man.

>MFW

Wasn't CK contrived as GOAT by art critics so that people wiuld "respect" film?

Never seen it myself. More into foreign films.

The past means nothing. You can not use the past as an excuse to act in the present.

>Isn't inherently pro censorship

The OP is literally 'UGH THIS IS THE CURRENT YEAR WHY ARE THESE DEMONS ALLOWED TO DANCE SO SEDUCTIVELY, WHO DESIGNED THESE FEMALE DEMONS SOME SEXIST PIG'.

How is that not pro-censorship? Seriously I haven't checked out these ChristCenteredGamer guys but if they don't do 'criticism' like oh man they showed boobs 3/10 it's the current year what the fuck, or 'no black people shit/10 fuck you racist white bigots. Hell as long as I don't see a Anno Domini, why does stuff exist that does not adhere with my political/faith based opinions.

Then I'd say they're leagues above these liberal cucks.

You know it'd probably help if we had decent content or opinions from these 'critical' reviewers, but we really don't which doesn't help make this SJW '''''''''criticism'''''''' any less garbage than it already is.

Oh and fyi there is a difference between saying that something is shit, and getting 'outraged' over it. You're seriously reaching if you think me or anyone thinking that 'criticism' like this is garbage is the same thing as outrage.

Patricia Hernandez is a cancer to the fucking medium of literature.

>Plot is hard to follow
>sexist designs

But there are both hot female and male, what are these people talking about?

Yeah, pretty much.

France is the birthplace of film, you know?

We're not at artsy as them so to us CK was GOAT.

The film did pioneer a lot of techniques still used in film today so it wasn't all just a circle jerk; it's just not the GOAT.

Foreign films, eh?

Tell No One is one of my favorite movies.

Makes me cry like a little girl every time.

Bless you people for doing the good work.

I'll never forget the Doom 2 review on GameSpot, saying it felt "dated".

Why don't people like her get ridiculed and destroyed to suc ha degree that they would never post a shitty review?

>Foreign films, eh?
Oh no I was just baiting. Americans make the best films and literature imo.

Bresson is the only french director I've ever really liked.

thanks we do what we can with what we have to work with :)

Sexuality is an inherent park of mythology and religion.

>How is that not pro-censorship?
I honestly don't know how you can think that the review is anywhere near harsh enough to imply that the author thinks that it shouldn't be allowed to exist, ffs they gave it a 7

That... is priveledge. Thats the definition.

You dont actually know what priveledge means in a social context do you?

Its like this fucker's don't know what in gods name is "objective writing".

how does that morality score work?

>Dark Souls of Persona

every damn time

As if women wouldnt have done the exact same thing if they were the stronger of the two genders

here's our reviewing standard: christcenteredgamer.com/index.php/faqs/15-game-reviews/16-christ-centered-gamer-reviewing-standard

>I shouldn't even have to write about this in 2016, but one of Apocalypse's other flaws is its sexist character designs. Many of the game's females are dolled up or play the part of damsels in distress/ Even more offensive are the female demons who can use moves such as "Sexy Dance" to "charm" their enemies. Regardless of this title coming out of the East, its widly offensive and derogatory design that pulled me out of the experience on more than one occasion

That entire paragraph comes off as a bitchy soccer mom complaining about something that offends her personal values, especially considering the fact that this '''''''critic''''''' chose to spend time denoting how 'sexist' these character designs were, many of which have been in place for 20 years.

Again how is this 'not' pro-censorship again? Especially with the whole 'It's the CURRENT YEAR' bit tossed in there.

Hell let's toss out the pro-censorship angle, how is this remotely a good critic? This is just dogging something because he feels personally offended, how is this a valued piece of criticism that 'needs' to exist? This is just moral busyboddying, and why is it the norm in 'critical' video game critique.

>B-b-but the score

Numbered scores are garbage I'm talking about the actual content here. How is this an actual 'quality' critique?

Well persona is the more popular series. SMT is pretty much unknown to most people.

I think people confuse something being sexy with sexism. This scene itself is not sexist, there is no prejudice or discrimination.

Nobody gives a shit about the Saudis, but you're going to accommodate black people and deal with it

That's Shin Megami Tensei Apocalypse. Certain female demons with will um offer their bosom to Nanashi if he spares them in a random encounter. What you see is Tiamat's unusual way of expressing her loyalty to Nanashi. Sorry we can't teach demons to be more modest.

I've only played the Devil Survivor games, I obviously wasn't the one who wrote the Apocalypse review ;)

I don't have it on me, but the March 2004 issue of Game Informer had a review of Nightshade where they reveal without directly stating that they played on the Beginner difficulty and their experience playing literal baby mode hampered their experience.

Not worth paying money for.

I guess the line "I shouldn't even have to write about this in 2016" is iffy, I'll give you that, but arguably wishing that certain tropes were phased out by now doesn't necessarily equate to endorsing outright censorship. I'd say these people want to see attitudes progress to a point where those tropes naturally fall out of favor rather than trying to censor people who do.

I don't think the review was necessarily a good one but the notion that objecting to something morally is inherently bad criticism is bullshit. If a reviewer feels that something is sexist or racist or homophobic or whatever I think that's something worth mentioning if it detracted from their experience. I think it's perfectly valid to disagree and think their reasoning for it being sexist/racist/etc, is dumb, but to insist those topics have no place in game reviewing is to stifle criticism.

Anyways I need to go to sleep it's nearly 5AM here, and I'm probably terrible at constructing arguments and all this shit is likely drivel and I just need to fuck off.

>Long Live the Queen
Fuck this bullshit game. Does whoever wrote this think that this is the essence of Souls games? Trial and error?

Don't worry, now that they are getting black characters, they are shifting to bitch about the lack of trans characters
Also reminder colored was considered offensive and now they use it freely

B-but male demons can also have "Sexy Dance"
And these are literally demons.

Those are just male power fantasies shoving mysognistic bullshit in my face. And dicks? Really? Its the current year! They practically raped me!

i laughed about that one kickstarter she got involved in. The devs were gonna make the goal and once they announced she would jointhe writing staff as a stretch goal everyone pulled their
pledges last minute and the game didnt make its goal

This cant be real.

Maybe she should review No Mans Sky next

>Game journalists went back in time and made the protagonist of Tomb Raider a woman
That really is unethical. Don't they have any respect for the temporal prime directive?

Really?

>arguably wishing that certain tropes were phased out by now doesn't necessarily equate to endorsing outright censorship. I'd say these people want to see attitudes progress to a point where those tropes naturally fall out of favor rather than trying to censor people who do

This isn't an issue of 'tropes phasing out', which is another issue entirely 'and definitely is pro-censorship, especially with how hard these people bitch about it'. Setting all of that aside over-sensitive SJW busybodies are not the type of people with any sort of intelligence to make these type of judgements on games.

In this context he's complaining about how awful the designs are because oh man some of these women look attractive, and oh man these literal semen demons are just too attractive, I mean BOOBS REALLY 2016 PEOPLE WAKE UP.

This is the quality level of ''''criticism'''' that we get from these 'professional' outlets and it's frankly fucking shit, these shitheads are not the type of people who should be starting or running these types of discussions. It's that simple.

You can argue but social critique of art is always going to exist, but if it's going to exist in this asinine soccer mom policing fashion then I'd rather it wouldn't.

Yeah gays bitched about Basic Instinct, because one bisexual villain represents all gays apparently, it was dumb then and it's just as dumb when this dumbass says that these designs are sexist because he said so. You realize that this is the reasoning that
these fools operate on right?
>I'm probably terrible at constructing arguments and all this shit is likely drivel and I just need to fuck off.

Seriously don't know why you're defending 'this' level of game '''criticism''' written by same oversensitive manchildren you complained about in this thread. Honestly it's pretty embarrassing.

tl;dr Game ''criticism'' in it's current form in the 'current year' is shit and you're a fool for defending garbage like this in any fashion.

casual

no arts major does

yea. I sadly cant remember the game but Cred Forums was talking about it

game literally would've been funded if she didn't get involved

>Not knowing of the gamergate and journalist time wars

C'mon! It's 2016..but I would look out for 2019. Invest in China, trust me.

>I imagine them thinking, "Haha! I'm a bully *and* I'm enjoying your hard work."

This is some autistic shit right here

lol faggot cant adblock for shit

Easy mode for finding good reviews is to bookmark people whose reviews you've liked whether they hated the game or loved it. The quality of a review isn't always about whether they liked it or not. You may find a reviewer that will tell you what NOT to get.

If you look at metacritic, make sure you sift through the scores. Metacritic doesn't really filter reviews so some of them are just plain dirt.

>waaaaa they're talking about something other than graphics, story and gameplay!! stop having opinions!!

holy shit, in Fallout 1 and 2 there are like a dozen ways to complete any given task and this fucking idiot just restarts because one way doesn't work. I am a fucking idiot when it comes to classic RPGs, but I beat Fallout 1 without any guides. It isn't very hard.

Is apocalypse actually good? I was disappointed with standard smtIV

I've never played these. Where's as good place to start? I'd prefer not to go back to PS2, but I will if the games are super worth it.

>could spend it's money on promising artists
>but if they draw something we don't like then we'll call for them to no longer be hired anymore

It was Hamburger Helper, not Gorilla Hernandez

>Women are literally treat like second class citizens in Islamic countries
>Concentrate on whining about them being over-sexualised in media

All SMT are worth it.

IV is the easiest of them and probably the most accessible.

Devil Survivor is an extremely good starting point, you can learn the series words and understand the weaknesses system and why is good for you easily, while also giving you one of the best fusing system in the series. It plays completely different from all the other games tho.

Soul Hackers isn't that hard either, you just crawl dungeons with whatever you can recruit and don't think too much about it, meanwhile lots of stuff happens all around you, but you'll be fine. This game has the best negotiation system too.

For a starting point pick up one of the 3 listed, they are all avaiable on 3DS, or NDS. If you don't have it then you might want to start from digital devil saga or even from the original SMT on SNES.

Cred Forums is pretty stupid, pay them no mind. The film adaptation of TLOU is going to be a trainwreck.

That was Jennifer Hepler, not Patricia Hernandez. Don't be stupid.