Why do people watch let's plays and follow Twitch streamers...

Why do people watch let's plays and follow Twitch streamers? What is the point in watching someone else play videogames instead of playing them yourself?

>instead of playing them yourself
Why must that be the case? I watch people play video games in addition to playing them.
Do you think people who play sports don't consume media related to sports since they already play it?

Sports is an activity, playing vidya is not.

Sometimes I want to see what the big deal about the game is but don't actually like the gameplay.

Example being that as someone who doesn't like non Nintendo JRPG's, HCBailly's channel is great for me just so I know what everyone's on about when talking about FF.

That and sometimes I'm too tried to play anything myself but not tired enough to sleep so they're a nice supplement to browsing various boards for hours.

Children have a lot of time but not enough money to buy all the games or enough brain to pirate them.

ac·tiv·i·ty
a thing that a person or group does or has done.
"the firm's marketing activities"
synonyms: pursuit, occupation, interest, hobby, pastime, recreation, diversion

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read on Cred Forums and that's really saying something.

Only let's player I watch is tenfey.

>What is the point in watching someone else play videogames instead of playing them yourself?

Most of the younger demo that tune in to live streams are doing so to feel like they are part of a community.

Austism.

Why is Jewtube becoming irredeemably shit?

I don't have any real friends and live alone so I use Twitch streamers and YouTubers to try to fill the gaping void in my life.
Hearing the friendly tone of another human being in my home almost makes it feel like I'm not so alone after all.

because I can't play videogames as a long term third world NEET - I haven't had a console since the dreamcast and my PCs are always shit tier with parts from 5 years before I bought them

you just sit back and relax while surfing the internet or powerleveling in your favorite game
you'd understand it if you found a streamer you liked

>What is the point in watching someone else play videogames instead of playing them yourself?
Because I have no intention of buying a console just to play one or two games, so I'll watch them instead.

>looking around the app store
>see that pewdipi game
>try it out because im bored as fuck
>its literally pdp self wank

>Why do people watch let's plays and follow Twitch streamers?

It makes them feel like a part of a community. It's amongst the same reasons you post on Cred Forums.

It is less time consuming/money consuming/disk spce consuming.
You feel less alone.

The difference between playing yourself and watching someone play is big but it's not as huge as you think.

Watching people play Hearthstone is 80% as fun as playing it.

It's normally so boring that it puts me to sleep, so that is how I actually go to sleep. I put on a stream and set the sleep timer on my TV for an hour. It takes me about 15 minutes usually before I am passed out.

Triggered?

Pewdiepie has struck it rich by making socially awkward kids feel like they have a cool best friend just on the other side of the screen.

>Not having Kripp playing some game you're totally uninterested in as your computer background noise

>ywn be raped by poison
Why live?

Are you okay?

What's going on here?

>want to play league ranked
>gf doesn't want me to play it because she needs help getting around the house
>watch Tyler1 be retarded or TheOddOne play good vidya.

People want to feel like they have a friend who likes the same vidya as them.

Who is doing this?

Most TV doesn't interest me. Watching someone's amusing reactions to a game is good background noise for when you're eating or doing chores or something.

>Instead of playing them yourself

They're not mutually exclusive; Also, watching someone play a terrible game can be very entertaining, but you'd never want to play the game yourself.

I like seeing how other people react to a game that I've played before. Or I just watch the first episode to see if a game if worth playing.

I watch Lets Plays because I pretend they're my friend, and we're having fun together.

I watch let's plays and play games at the same time, it's like i'm playing two games at the same time, what's your problem? Are you too casual to experience this much video games?

>she needs help getting around the house

what the fuck does this mean

Why do people watch crime dramas, they should just become police officers.
Why do people watch movies, they should just go larping.
Why do you make shitty threads? Why not just break into somebody's house and rub shit into their eyes?

haha what the fuck

Morbidly obese.

#

i don't have consoles for them. though i use longplays, not let's plays. fuck commentaries.