How did you go about choosing your main

Previous thread

I choose Cloud because I'm bad at reading, spacing, adapting, reaction and other fundamentals of Smash 4 so I needed a character that didn't require alot of work to be good at. It's not like I'm an nerd that can waste my time playing video games.

random button is my main

granted my main would be a little better if a 3rd of Smash 4's cast weren't such boring wet napkins

here's hoping meaningful changes come to characters like palutena/kirby/zelda/lucario/sonic in smash 5

I chose Marth because I'm bad at reading, spacing, adapting, reaction and other fundamentals of Smash 4 so I needed a character that didn't require alot of work to be good at. It's not like I'm an nerd that can waste my time playing video games.

I just like Luigi. That is.

ROB

I don't like getting hit. I like playing ranged characters in close quarters combat type games because it pisses off the other player. All of ROB's specials combo with each other nicely. Awesome air game even if he's slow and clunky.

Mr.Game and Watch
Until I realized how shit and unbalanced this game is. I lost all interest when I truly discovered how Smash has the worst gaming community I have ever witnessed.

Tell us of your woe.

What made you realize how unbalanced this game is?

Ness/Lucas
I lovecthe mother series abd they're not shit for once. That's about it

I chose Link because Zelda was and is still my favorite video game franchise.

Samus because I'm an autistic waifufag

I assume you're trolling.

Despite having fun with Game and Watch, he is clearly a lacking character. He's in a similar situation with Wii Fit in that they're fast but have pathetic range.
It doesn't help that he's extremely light.
My issue is also that I can't completely stay still. I know GW is a bait and strike character, but I hate assholes who just stand still during a match. So I go in and usually get punished.
Also fuck taunters. There should just be a way to disable this online.

Only waifu virgins use Samus.

Powersuit Samus in particular, because "muh waifu is pure".

I chose Ganondorf because I like LoZ and when I was trying every character and he stood out as the most fun to play as

Which moves of his do you think have pathetic range? I recall Game & Watch's forward and back air having decent rage. I'd say his kill power is more of an issue than his range.

Wii Fit Trainer is more of a zoner and can force approaches better than Game & Watch so her range shouldn't be that much of an issue, in theory.

I hate Falcondorf. Out of all the characters to be a clone of somebody that's not even from their own series it had to be the one villain I actually liked. We'll never forgive Sakurai for this bullshit.

His b and F airs are good. I use those and neutral aerial frequently. His Smash Attacks lack range in my opinion.
But you know what. I just suck at this game.

I like shitting lemons all over the place

Mewtwo

fair all day

Do you play 3DS or Wii U?

Fast fun and hits hard.

Played 3DS. My charging port broke so I need to get it fixed.

>I feel pretty comfortable with this character
>Let me experiment further with this character
>Am I comfortable after experimenting this much with this character
>If yes, then it is my main and I need to experiment more.

ROB players piss me off the most, because they look like the most tryhard faggots when they fight. Beating those fags brings so much tears.

In what way do they look like the most tryhard faggots?

What does tryhard even mean?

Shut up, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I play Olimar because someone has to
Also i love chaining down tilts and finishing with an up tilt

I guess it seems proper for a delusional faggot to be able to recognize another supposedly tryhard faggot.

I picked Cloud because I love Final Fantasy VII.

Are you finished? Stop responding.

Corrin

SIDE B
I
D
E
B

I main DDD e Link. I used to main Charizard at launch, but abandoned him for DDD because he was so shitty. But after the buffs he is better than DDD, so I might main him again.

I love DDD because gordos are hilarious, good recovery and gimp ability, and I like some brute power. And he is Tsundere as hell.

When the opponent picks a cancer like Cloud or Sonic, I use Link. Because he is cool and all.

I like low tiers because the opponent usually don't know how to fight against it. In tourneys, after you fight ten top tiers in a row and them you see a DDD with a decent fighting ability, you really don't know how to deal with it.

I chose your main because I'm bad at reading, spacing, adapting, reaction and other fundamentals of Smash 4 so I needed a character that didn't require alot of work to be good at. It's not like I'm an nerd that can waste my time playing video games.

Memes and a young mind at the time.

After getting F-Zero X and GX, it changed from an ironic main to unironic.

although i'm still a goddamn memelover

Marth, he looks like a cool 90s anime character and I'm a massive Marthfag

I like pokemon

Also wanted speed without having to play Greninja

>Have all the tools of a high tier, unique combos, strong u-smash
>Bad frame data

Is that supposed to be marth? Because it looks like he has more cleavage than Lucina

Is this boy-pussy or regular old pussy?

I picked Wario because I was a fan of the Wario Land series and used him in all the Kart/Party games.

The fact that a well placed fart creates a brilliant combination of comeback and disrespect was just a bonus.

>I like playing ranged characters in close quarters combat type games
Damn you even make common spacing sound like a special snowflake tactic

Is anyone else stuck in the "Better than all your friends irl but worse than everyone online" area?

Did you post your own miiverse post just now? Cuz that grammar is bad and its unfunny I can't imagine anyone would screen cap it much less 3minutes after it was posted

NONE OF THEM WANT TO PLAY ME ANYMORE AND I HATE WIFI

>that webm

I don't think the person who made that, realizes how bad he looks by saving that piece of shit and worse of all "Being proud" of winning that poorly to a inexperienced cloud.

Why do people keep acting like olimar is underused is this a new meme

As a firm charizard main I can confirm he is not better than dedede

Bowser

I always loved Bowser since I was a kid, even when mario kart was released on SNES. He was like my favourite baddy in the same vain kids obsessed over super heroes. Conveniently too I always had an affinity towards tanky gameplay relying on durability. So when Bowser was released in Melee and was exactly how I imagined (big and tough as well as judt being bowser) I never looked any other way and mained him since. Its nice in Sm4sh that he is genuinely viable, but I still have a soft spot for his melee and brawl incarnations.

Plus I can just take a break from fighting and go kart as him in mk7 and mk 8. Multi game maining Bowser is comfy.

Stay mad

Easy. He was in the 3DS demo.

I'm in the better than all friends and high win rate online while still going 0-2 in locals bracket

It used to be Falcon because I didn't like to use projectiles at the time, which is funny considering that I now main ROB. Why I am main him is because when I wanted to change, I've always liked robots, so I wanted to give him a shot. After that, it just stayed.

Dr Mario for his fair
Marth for his uair
Charizard for his bair
And ganondorf for his Nair

I need to find a high tier main, Kirby isn't cutting it anymore

Fucking yes. I thought I was the only one.

>link? hey, I love TLoZ
>oh shit, his dair kicks ASS in melee!
brawl
>oh fuck it's SNAKE!
>AND FUCKING IKE!
sm4sh
>oh shit, link is good again!
>Ike is back!
>I was hype as fuck for megaman, and now I can use him!

>friend starts playing, agree to pick up a new character
>she likes lucina, so I pick up marth
>still terrible with him, but eh.

I started maining DK because I was too good with Mario in Smash64. my friends were extremely salty and refused to play with me so I chose DK because i knew he sucked and it gave my friends a chance. little did i know i would fall in love with the shitty ape. ive been dunking on fools ever since.

Xenoblade gives me a hard-on.
If we still get some Monolith Soft stuff around the time 5mash comes around, I'd love to see Elma, Fiora, or Mumkhar playable. Fuck, I'd even take KOS-MOS if Sakurai makes some more dealings with Namco.

Same here but with Ganondorf

No one else hits hard enough & he's my best character.

I fell in love with him as soon as I started playing as him

Roll back

Roll back

Charge

Jumps passed you

Roll back

Charge

Shields near ledge

Down Smash

Down Smash

user unless you are fighting top level players like zero, just stick to your favourite. Besides Kirby has a lot of good tools to fight most of the cast at decent level. Hell, I mained Bowser in brawl and that was crazy.

Zelda does, but it's MAGIC.

His aerials are fun to use, and not a lot of people are ready for how high and fast he jumps which makes edgeguarding pretty easy

I've just been losing a lot lately and it hurts my soul, I'm beginning to suspect that I might just be terrible at the game

I love Animal Crossing and was very excited for his inclusion

Also, pocketing, trees, and a great recovery move make Villager the most fun character to play as

Run speed is annoying slow, So I've been attempting to tech chase with Down B to catch people keeping distance.

Well I always go by "there will ALWAYS be people better than you but that shouldnt stop you from trying and having fun". Just enjoy thhe game for what it is than worry bout being good. Plus least you dont get comboed 0-60%.

I main Ike because I'm addicted to landing those big hits.

Nothing else will sate me.

The feeling when someone fucks up and gets their head caved in by a solid gold sword is absolutely unmatched.

Don't really take smash seriously enough to have a "main" as I only play with Cred Forums. But it's usually Link, Falcon or Ryu. As they're 3 of the characters whose games I grew up on with my Game Boy/SNES

Cred Forumseekend tourney when

Make the thread.

Since we have a sm4sh thread, why do people hate fighting mac so much? Get a lot of groef using him both at locals and online.

I pick Robin because I dig magic knight/spellswords.

There's a large power gap between bad macs and good macs. Good macs are fast and hard to get a hold on. Bad macs are a literal joke.

Mewtwo

Because IT went from a joke, to a fucking nightmare in a few patches

Because being good with him basically just consists of playing super defensively as to not get thrown, then abusing the super armor on is really strong smash attacks. He could be worse but he can be really annoying to fight when every time you approach he dodges the grab or smashes you in the face through one of your attacks.

Super armor, KO punch. Plus taking a stock from him doesn't exactly feel rewarding because it can happen at any percent

Robin because she's cute

Bullshit. The major difference is that Charizard has a fucking kill power. Tilts, U Throw, Special moves and fucking Fair.

DDD don't have a decent kill move besides Bair. Maybe Uair and a lucky D Smash. That is it.

I chose shirtless shulk because I'm annoying to fight. Usually I always get my ass kicked and I win its double the humiliation.

I don't own a wii so I can't train ether

I like the juxtaposition of her delicate appearance but being a really hard hitter.

And she looks good.

Although Falcon is extremely boring to use in Smash 4 because they turned him into LOL DASH GRABS BRUH: The Character, he's still the only character I can actually have fun with because he's just like a racer version of a Kamen Rider or something, which I love.

His attack animations are also one of the most mean-spirited and brutal when compared to cartoony punches and swords. He drives an elbow or knee directly to your fucking face and sets you on fire or electricity.

Fuck Smash 4, though.

Guys, I found th cloud player, laugh at him

>dropped Zard because it was shitty
>for Dedede
What?

Yoshi has been my main since 64
He's fast and hits hard; it's all I've ever wanted in a character. His match win animations have been the same since 64 because they're just so perfect.

Gave him a try out of boredom and now he's one of my best characters. He was way easier to play than I thought he would be, too, liberal use of nair works surprisingly well for a lot of situations.

I'm a huge Animal Crossing fan so I was happy that Villager made it in, and when I saw the alt skins, I was in love

My nigga

I thought Yoshi was perfected for me in Brawl.

Feels like a totally different character in Smash 4. So I only play him intermittently now.

Cred Forumskend starting

Not everybody on For Glory is a shitty player.

Ganondorf because I always seem to gravitate towards buff slow heavy hitters.

I don't know what world you come from but losing for most people is not exactly fun.

>your grammar is bad
>has worse grammar
while I agree with you, you type like a Mexican in middle school

thing is, people that strictly follow 0-60 combos they saw on youtube don't know how to follow up. All they did was give you rage and you should be better off for it if you can react properly.

nearly every character has a frame trap, and that should be more than enough to get you going.

Awesome. Shame that Falcondorf is trash in every way though.

>oh shit, link is good again!

Except he isn't, especially when some of his worst matchups got buffs coming into Smash 4 as well.

Not to mention his mobility was were insignificant for the most part coming into Smash 4. He still has some of the worst overall mobility in Smash 4.

Same I have a huge folder of Villager images

99% of the time I main characters simply because they are my favorite character in the game.

The other 1% is going to be finding a main for a game with characters I'm not familiar with, but I haven't played a new fighting game in a while, so I'm not even sure.

didn't realize this was a Smash thread, so in the case of Smash Bros, my main is 100% always my favorite character, though in some cases, characters (namely Marth and Falcon) become my favorite characters because of Smash.

64: Fox, Luigi
Melee: Falcon, Marth
Brawl: Sonic, Snake
Smash 4: Sonic, Ryu

but that up smash tho

>Complains about grammar
>Says unfunny
:I

Up smash is good when it hits, just like every other move in this game.

Suffering 36 frames of lag on whiff isn't pleasant.

I'm a low tier whore. DDD looked like a decent low tier.

he's a hell of a lot better than he was in brawl.

Falco.

I just played him one day and naturally knew combos from a friend who plays him, and he just stuck.

>having a "main" in tr4sh

Why lol

I dunno man, I find it pretty fun.

>DK
>sucking
>in Smash 64

giv ur hed a shake

I miss Squirtle, shame about his neutral B, and being cut from Sm4sh along with Ivysaur

You're probably playing on 4glory where mandatory FD and wifi lag jump up up to A+ tier on the 4gloryhole tier list.

Sonic.
Even in brawl, now it feels great to piss people off because he's so good now.

Charizard
Came for Pre Nerf Nair, stayed for Post Buff everything else

Robin because checkmating is too good.
Palutena because I really like KI:U and I playing her more than Pit and Pittoo. Everyone says her tilts are useless but they can actually be pretty good if used correctly and not spammed like Fox.

>best taunt
>fire hydrants
>fruit
what's not to love about this smug motherfucker

So are characters like Sheik, Captain Falcon, Sonic, and etc.

The measly mobility buffs coming into Smash 4 from Brawl aren't going to cut against characters who break his zone easily, beat him in close-range, and then combo the shit out of him.

Lucina because its harder to get the tipper on my tiny 3DS screen, also shes a cute.

that's nice

but link is a fuckton better than he was in brawl, which was what I clearly meant. he's not top tier, but he's not bottom tier either, which was where he firmly was in brawl and melee.

link is actually fairly good in comparison to his melee and brawl outings.

Fun fact, those characters are largely unchanged from brawl. Infact, Sonic is in many ways worse
It's the different environment that makes them better. Sm4sh Link Vs Sm4sh top tiers isn't the same as Brawl Link versus Brawl top tiers.
Import any of the brawl top tiers into Sm4sh and you have a SSS+ character

choosing only one main in a smash game is stupid
its so easy to learn multiple characters
i mostly play peach, marth/lucina, doc, dk, and zss

meh

And he was shit in Brawl and decent at best in Melee. That says a lot. D

Do you really want me to sit here and list practically every reason why this character is not viable and never will be with someone in charge like Sakurai?

...no? I don't know why you're having an autistic shitfit over this. Calm down bro.

>worst grab in the game

>"oohhh look at me, I pay money to shitpost."

kys

What's the meh for? I'm not the op but I'm curious.

I liked Bowser in the other games, but I could never use him if I wanted to win.
I like that he's viable in Sm4sh, but every match still feels like an uphill battle despite being big, strong, and fast. He's a relatively honest character though. He really only has one cookie-cutter combo that you still need to read to use effectively, and most of his moves require good reads and timings.

>caring about the grab when you're packing four different fruits

Yeah. I can do pretty decent in Cred Forumskends but that's not really a real test of skill because chucklefucks join in and do nothing but dick around while also choosing awful stages.

I started playing Fox when I got sick of the spam shitters on 4glory and just started to secondary him because I used to play DK and Fox is small and fast and thus can close the distance and bob and weave projectiles so very much better but now he's my tryhard "you beat me and because I'm an angry child I must now shit on you as hard as possible" "fuck everyone who plays this game in general" character.

Peach main because I've mained her since Melee, her playstyle is generally to my liking with good aerials and versatile specials, and her more unique mechanics make up somewhat for my lacking fundamentals. Kinda hard to get kills with her that aren't offstage fairs and I miss the ceiling kill potential of her old uair but whatever.

Pocket Zelda because I picked up on her somehow in Brawl and used to lovetap with the teleport for shits and giggles. Once 4 gave that killing potential I fell in love as I've had the spacing on that down for years now. Also, down B no longer turning me into Shiek is much appreciated.

The ability to turn into Sheik was more rewarding than Zelda's entire moveset.

That's how trash Zelda is.

This nigga.
He's just amazing all round. Hits like a truck, fast, and has tools for every situation.
Donkey Kong is fun too, I like slapping the shit out of people using that retarded looking ape.

To each their own. I've never liked playing as Shiek much. I know I'm in the minority there but I guess I'm just weird.

Mario, he's not outstanding in any field (combos aside) but he won't let you down. With good throws a few good kill options, good air and ground speed, a high priority recovery, decent projectile and amazing neutral game he's extremely good.

The only thing about Mario that hits even close like a truck are his smash attacks.

You're probably not. Most people probably only play Sheik because she's top tier/actually good unlike Zelda.

Terrible in free for all as his damage % skyrockets in them, I'm still mad with how 4 nerfed his giant punch, although at least he still has his throws and his meteors to fall back on

Mario's frame data isn't outstanding as well as his air speed?

Can we let this meme die already? Mario is no longer an all-around character.

>playing anything that isnt gamecube smash

>mario tries to do a fastfall while I'm off stage
>up b away from him
>he fastfalls to his death and can't recover because he's still in cooldown

Super Fox Bros. is not my cup of tea.

This just in: Cred Forums is shit at vidya.

You'd think so but you're wrong. I've watched people play video games at Walmart/Gamestop kiosks. Trust me, Cred Forums isn't shit at vidya.

I started maining Cloud when he first released, because he felt really good to use, I guess reason why would be that he was like a combination of all the other characters I like to use.
>Decent recovery like Roy, than can be good like Luigi
>Hits hard like Ike, but isn't slow like him, and I don't have to be close to hit hard like Roy
>Fast, but not too fast like Captain Falcon and Sonic
>Has a projectile, like Link, Toon Link, Luigi, and Kirby
>Has a low percent KO move like Luigi and Jigglypuff

>Ike
>Little Mac
>Falcon

its funny, too. people don't ever seem to expect to get bodied by Little Mac. I'm gonna agree with the other guys here, though. there's a massive difference between a good Mac and a shit one, and the shit ones far outnumber the good ones.

>n64: fox
>melee: fox
>brawl: what bullshit is this
>project m: fox
>smash 4: fox

>not playing with master race fox
What are you? Some fucking casual that only plays with items and temple of tjme with friends, get some fucking skill or go back to SFV

>playing a character whose series might be on the verge of dying.

Kek.

Lucas, he was my smash ballot, and hes just good at everything after the buffs

>Not playing a vet
I bet you played Bayo before the nerf. 58 keks.

I've mained Link since Smash 64. He is one of my favorite characters of all vidya simply because he is vanilla and boring in personality but is trustworthy and persistent against all odds. These are qualities I like to think that I posses even though I am a very boring individual. Since Smash 4 I switch between him, Little Mac and Ryu. With the exception of Ryu who is incredible, I have a tender spot in my heart for underdogs and broken things.

[Spoiler] did you guys preorder your TP Zelda figmas? The tiddies on that Zelda fig are amazing [/spoiler]

Bowser

Been my main since melee and he's actually useable this time around. I normally go with scrappy up close characters in games anyways, so it's a good fit.

i hate fire emblem but ike, because his gameplay and nothing more

How do you deal with counterpicks, where you have to go to duck hunt or dreamland?

I chose Wario and Ness.

Because I like Wario and Ness.
the point of this game is battling with your favorite characters.

I main Link retard. I haven't even bought Bayonetta and never will. Why would I ever buy such a cancerous character who has shit proportions in her own home game?

Wario's good fun to mess about with on his bike

They were never shit.

You just sucked dick with them, that's all.

Wario
He's been my main since Mario Kart 64 and Mario Tennis, he's just fucking great in every way.

It's also a lot of fun to piss off my friends by using his bike constantly and driving into them while they're forced to keep jumping.

Fuck no, did you see brawl lucas?