Give me one reason why this fucker can kill you in one 3-hit combo from full health

Give me one reason why this fucker can kill you in one 3-hit combo from full health.

It's fucking insane, he just jumps in one time and gets more of my health in one hit than I'd take with a 10-hit combo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I3J8fA9yMoo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ryu is the most honest character in all of fighting games, losing to a Ryu player means getting outplayed.

Good joke, he has 1,000 health and does WAY more damage in the EASIEST combos

which combo is that?

Ryu is the Cloud of SFV, isn't he?

he only hits you if you let him hit you. dont want to lose that much health? dont get hit.

st. MP, cr. HP xx HP shoryu (244 DAMAGE)

meanwhile over on ibuki

cr. HP xx EX L. Kunai, (dash) LP raida (224 DAMAGE) and you have to burn a meter to get it

>just don't let him hit you
what the fuck kind of argument is this
you could beat literally anybody playing anyone if you didn't let them hit you

"Whenever someone mentions something about a chaingrab, someone ALWAYS seems to say, ' Don't get grabbed'. Now, not getting grabbed at a particular instant is definitely possible, but try going an entire match without getting grabbed once. If the character really wants to grab you, then they'll find a way to guarantee it at some point. Take DDD for instance. With his grab range, there's no way you can go a whole match without getting grabbed at least once. It's like saying 'Don't get hit', since for all intents and purposes, if your opponent knows what they're doing, it's more or less impossible.

Even if the character has a crappy grab range they'll find a way to grab you at some point. Not even Jigglypuff can stay out of reach of them forever. At some point, you will have to slip up, and they'll grab you. For instance, you may do a tilt, they're shield and quickly shieldgrab you. The only way to avoid this is to do a completely lagless attack over and over, and not all characters have that, and also you'll have to use another attack to kill with.

Therefore, stop saying 'Don't get grabbed', because anyone who really wants to grab you will find a way of reading your tactics and doing so."

>you could beat literally anybody playing anyone if you didn't let them hit you
yeah.. thats the whole idea. welcome to fighting games, what are you 5?

ibuki has way better mobility though.
not every character is about getting strong combos

Don't get grabbed. Aquire skill.

>getting hit from point blank range
you must've fucked up

stop getting grabbed you wack-ass cunt

Ibuki has higher mobility. And trickier set ups. Honestly if your getting hit by Ryu let alone a jump in, you're being outplayed.

>Jigglypuff
I'm sorry?

Let him dream bro.

>I'VE NEVER LOST TO A RYU PLAYER
>I'VE NEVER BEEN GRABBED
>I'VE NEVER BEEN HIT BY A JUMP IN
>I'VE NEVER BEEN HIT BY A CROSS UP
why don't you guys fight me and show me how then

>Not playing Urien

They have to be trolling. Nobody can be this retarded. Not even Daigo is that good.

post rank, region and cfn

When can I expect the best Ryu to be in SFV?

nobody has said any of those things in this threads.
i do lose to Ryu sometimes, but that doesn't make him OP.

Do we really need to have a thread every time you lose at some game? Man the fuck up, practice some more and kick their asses. Stop blaming your incompetence on game engines, you pustule.

it's not 8 anymore it's 6.5

But I have because the the other player was BETTER than me. Being hit by that shit made me LEARN and ADAPT accordingly. I'll still get hit by them but it's because of ME being read or failing to read.

>Mashing light jab in SFV
>good

i think you're missing the point. what people are trying to get into your head is that you cant bitch & moan your way to victory. You win when you accept the bullshit inherent in FGs and learn to adapt.
>but how do I adapt to characters with crazy damage/mixups/grab ranges/etc
thats you're problem. look to better players. watch what they do and when they do it. then watch your replays of your fights and look for your mistakes.

There is no easy way to victory in FGs. Thats whats so great about them. You get what earn when you earn it.

>not playing Alex
He got meme'd into the game and I couldn't be happier.

YOU would be doing better if you played Ryu too

that's all I'm saying

make a lobby

>deflecting
post rank, region and cfn

im not revving the game up if you're some super silver Brazilian

not true, different types of characters appeal to different people.
otherwise every player in top 8s would be a Ryu main.
not even the best player rn mains Ryu.

No I wouldn't because I don't like his playstyle. Too vanilla for me

I block his mix up and eat a throw instead.
I'd play him because his parry makes him god tier but he doesn't have this move.

I wish he had Joudan. Unfortunately with how good he is it makes a little sense why he doesn't have it in this game.

>online warrior rank is important
>arbitrarily placing the line at super silver
yeah no there are bronzes and unranked players who regularly beat golds+ in these threads

>still not posting
you don't want to play it's okay, i'll leave you to it

there are other top tiers besides ryu who are just as horeshit
chun, nash, ken

make a lobby

Nope, Its 8 frames still, just now its 8 frames across the board.

Nice try though

youtube.com/watch?v=I3J8fA9yMoo

>This test is a rough draft until our new testing method is finalized soon. Due to the nature of this test, it may be slightly inaccurate due to the lack of an LED to determine activation point.

LITERALLY in the video's description.

Nice try.

If I made a USA lobby would people join

ryu is babys first character like ken and only scubs play him, real niggas play charge characters

yes, but I have to go do something I'll be back in like 20

Lobby is up then

SNANTA
Character Select ON
No preference
R3 99sec First to 1
Anyone will do.

The only reason you wouldn't mash jab on wake up is if your opponent has frame perfect meaty setups, and even then you have 3 types of recovery to fuck up his meaties.

>paying extra to win
Nope, the Cloud of SFV is Urien

meaties are easy as fuck in this game, no precise timing required whatsoever to stuff a wakeup jab.

>people even bitch when Ryu, the most straightforward and least gimmicky character in all of fighting games, is top tier

People will whine about fucking anything.

>if your opponent has frame perfect meaty setups

You mean like everyone worth their fucking salt? And the setups don't even have to be frame perfect, they just have to be meaty. Good players know when and at what enemy recoveries they can actually get a meaty going.

kek

it's true there will always be characters who are arguably better than the rest of the cast, and players will always bitch about that.

All you need to win is Ryu,Ken,Mash, and Necalli though.

Christ, Karin is scary.

Ryu is supposed to be an honest jack-of-all-trades characters with a solid set of tools for every stiuation, he is NOT supposed to have anti-air defying jumpins and the king of damage.

i want to be good with him so bad...but the only character im good with is birdie and i just want to move on to that character to alex but i just can't do the same amount of damage i can with birdie...

yo man based on what people are posting this guy is going to be a big problem....give him a month hes going to end up at least high mid.

>this dumb shit
What makes Ryu broke isn't the damned damage. The damage might be a over the top, but it's not what makes him top 3 in the game.

It's the non-existent hurtboxes on his jumping attacks. Remove that and Ryu is high mid tier at most.

He's already high mid

>great projectile
>amazing corner carry
>crazy setups and throw mixups with aegis'
>long-ass normals
>fast dash

The only weakness is the lack of crossups and no 3f jab.

Ryu should have big damage because his shit is the easiest to block in the game. People are to used to SF4 style bullshit where characters with dumbass mixups also often had big damage outpu at well.

Maybe nerf that j.lk, I'll admit that thing is kinda dumb. Otherwise Ryu is fine as is.

>can kill you in one combo
>combo does 244 damage
Epic thread

ITT: I, the greatest anonymous of all, am better than you and this is a fact.

Literally what's the point of this thread? Move on, OP, you lose some, win some.

and trash antiairs

anti airs aren't that great too have to give up charge for anything decent...but yea i agree with you. How long till we see him winning a tourney?

not before season 2 just like every DLC character bar Guile.

>0 damage outside of crush counters and v-trigger combos
it's ibuki 2.0

>not confirming into headbutt
headbutt combos do good amount of damage, he gets meter so fast you can just spam EX.
Not everyone has to have ryu/necalli tier damage

Someone never played Hugo v Juri
The entire way to play that matchup can be defined as "don't get grabbed" and shit's like 8-2

>stand only

>He can't move himself into point blank range in SFV
lmao
80% of this game is spent with both characters sticking their hands up each other's asses.

Anti airs aren't that bad. Slow but elbow has a good hitbox and confirms into fireball. And more than that, headbutt jumps over lows, so you get an "anti ground" rather than anti air.

>headbutt into charge
wtf are you on m9

I hope they change this in season 2 and make c.mk cancellable.

If you're going to make that asrgument then Sagat should have even more damage than Ryu since on top of Ryu's gameplan he's also slow as molasses.

No that argument is retarded, Ryu should have average to below average damage, that's the tradeoff he gets in exchange for having every tool in the game.

Reminder that the lobby is still up, 2 people in here

OP is right. Ryu is overpowered. He has massive damage for easy combos and has tools for every situation. He doesn't even need to use his meter for his combos or reversals.

t. Ryu main.

>st.mp-vtrig-literally anything
i love alex ao much

I feel like playing. Anyine want to make a lobby? Br hue here

I need to get better at reacting to parries with powerbomb

i always hated moves that was standing only like giefs stand hk...and same with boxers flash kick punch move.

>perfect

fug

>There is no easy way to victory in FGs
I mean you could just play as Ryu, that's an easy way.

I actually really like SFV but Ryu is ridiculous. He's not fucking Gill or Petshop or anything but he does way too much damage with too little effort.

may as well set first to 3 or 5 until someone else joins.

Alright.

>shilling a jewtreon
Chun-li is shit.
No Cammy no buy.

>didnt block my dropped combo
n-nani

SFV needs more shotas

>double ryu

ohbotherewego.jpg

I'm back

is the lobby still up?

yup

>Ryu successfully suppresses the satsui no hado in the story
Never ever

I'm not seeing it, who is host?

>Sagat should have more damage than Ryu because he's slower
that's correct yes

SNANTA

there's no lobby under that name

i changed it to best of 3

MAGIC
FUCKING
PIXEL

let me know if i should change it back to best of 1 or 2

2 at most

I really prefer 1 though

Do you want to live in a world where Sagat can not only zone you forever but also hit you for 70% up close

I mean jesus christ, look at any game where Sagat's top tier, it's horrifying.

we've never lived in a world where that wasn't the case

>that dhalsim

I don't think I've ever met someone that presses as many buttons as you do.

don't worry karin is crushing me

Stop sliding!

Yep, it's a bad habit that a lot of people in my league have no answer for

i blame that loss on me forgetting to burn off my clothes

>At some point, you will have to slip up
Maybe if you suck

He was already a spin off in SFIV, so this is no reason for him not to be in SFV.

But i don't want E. Ryu tho. Just one Ryu is already enough.

>double ryu
IT KEEPS HAPPENING

>that CA off my foot

I'm gonna get going. It was fun fighting you guys

>tfw internet is so bad I can't even play with guys in my region
It fucking sucks

your combos are on point

good games man

That was my last one. idk if you know instant air teleport, but it's very useful for dhalsim. Try throwing that into your repertoire. Other than that, STOP SLIDING!!! Light slide is okay, but the other ones are like always a full punish if you don't v-trigger it.

I'd also suggest v-triggering lol.

thanks hombre

>play a casual match
>opponenet is afk with a macro spamming LK

what is the point of doing this? you'd spend more on electricity than you would save in fight money

Report him to Capcom. If enough do that they will get banned.

I used to play one guy that does this, he was super gold. Now that I'm platinium, I don't face it anymore. I hope to never face it ever again. They're so fucking annoying.

woohoo we both earned 50 cash and wasted 2 minutes

it's obnoxious

You only get 50 out of a win. You're the one winning 50, he wins nothing. They do it for the loss exp, which is extremely minimal. Yeah, just for that. They annoy the fuck out of everyone in casual , just to farm the small exp you get from loosing a gain while they go AFK.

is the lobby still up? feel like slamming scrubs

>every tool
>No baked in cross up you have to space a jump in
>No air grab
>No instant overhead

Let not forget that his Vskill is very high risk high reward because it's crush counterable and on top of that Ryu's combos are very basic. You mostly need to watch for the axe kick the MP or CR MP and LK.

Everybody should be hip to Ryus shenanigans.

It is very clear that Ryu is superior to Ken in every regards.
However why the fuck do I hate fighting Ken more than Ryu ? I mean I don't even give a fuck about Ryu except his stupid 250 damage 3 hit combos, but everytime I see Ken on the loading screen I just die a little inside.

Ken has more damage potential, Ken is stupider to anti-air somehow, Ken abuses fucking -2 moves and unsafe run cancels. Ken's a fucking nigger.