Dark Souls

Dark Souls

>first game

Endlessly talked about, positively to this day.

>2nd game

Hated as fuck, has some fun bosses and shit, worse graphics and everything else than the first game in general though.

>Dks3

Forgotten after a week.

Anyone else not upgraded their computer in 3 years and still playing kino at max settings?

>kino

>not letting Cred Forums memes slowly usher into Cred Forums

>overclock my 960 2gb
>can only overclock a bit or black screen (thanks silicone lottery)
>go from 60fps with drops on low to 60fps with LESS drops on high on Dark Souls 3

Whew lad. I'm amazed by how big of an increase my performance has gotten

first one is best one

>kino
>cyno
>canine
>cynic

pretty much relevant to any cynical subculture

>Anyone else not upgraded their computer in 3 years and still playing kino at max settings?

I've tried that, but after bloodborne and Dks3, i can't go back to the barebone Dks1 combat. The only thing it has over dks3 is poise and builds, but they are just as varied as dks1 and poise can be enabled on pc anyway.

It's almost like you've never played a game with sequels before

Dark souls 3 being faster ala bloodborne screws over so many builds thanks to
>poise

I'd personally say combat wise
DS1>BB>DeS>DS3

>The only thing it has over dks3 is poise and builds
And not being a thoughtless R1 mash.

i play only dex builds with fast roll, and i had a lot of fun with dks3. The fact that even a shitty knife can stun you is annoying as hell, but by practicing dodging and using the milkring, the new weapon arts and dual wield veapons make up for it. Too bad there's no backflip ring tho'.

MEME?

>2 has worse graphics than 1, which needs a mod to even be 60fps

You know that is not true.

Put this in the /vr/ general but they are too busy talking about what to name their character etc

Why if you want to try the full havels set (inc dragon tooth and shield) for a playthrough do you have to completely dedicate all your stats and rings just so you dont fat roll?

I have never been able to try it in DS1 2 or 3 as I have always ended up fat rolling.

Playing DS1 now and it seems like id need 2 havels rings with 40 str just to not be fat rolling, and thats not even testing it with the shield and tooth

Heavy armor is for fatrolling. If you want to roll faster then yes, you'll need to pump END and wear Havel's Ring and probably the RoFaP.

>keno

I dont even think the FaP ring will work, i think id need 2 havels rings plus silly END.

I know it has great def stats but it is crazy how much you have do dedicate if you want to wear it. It has made me avoid it in all 3 games but it looks fun.

How the FUCK did people used to wear it and still flip in early DS1

OF COURSH!

You could flip as long as you were under 50% pre-patch.

wife material.

i just skimmed your post but havel ring used to let you ninja flip at 50% burden, got nerfed to 25% later

Except 2 had the best PvP. 3 is just mediocre and bland as fuck.

Ahh I see.

Shit im finding it hard to even stay under 50% with it

i dunno man, she looks like she still has some ego yet to be bashed out of her

you should have seen other things before that big patch(es)

>fuck ALL hard humanity
>bosses were harder
>curses stacked

pretty sure there's more, i played it at launch with no internet, it was actually hard.

>Dark Souls 1
Lot's of potential, but unfinished. Very good atmosphere. Good game.

>Dark Souls 2
Finished game, but not nearly as good as the first. Story is stale rehash of the first game. Gameplay is floaty, most bosses are unmemorable and lame, and NPC's are flat and don't have quests. Bad game.

>Dark Souls 3
Another fucking rehash. Almost as bad as Dark Souls 2 in the fan service department. Bosses are much better as a whole, with three noteworthy exceptions. NPC's are much better, if not a little bit samey. Biggest problem is the fact that it's just more of the first game without the spark. Decent game.

>Bloodborne
Finally, a Souls game with an original story. NPC's are good but uncommon. Combat is actually fun again, bosses are usually 7/10+, atmosphere is great. Level's are too small and progression is very linear, and Chalice Dungeons are a huge damper since they are necessary for high-end PVP and fighting some unique bosses and getting one cool weapon and two sets of armor. Good game.

>DS3 description

What do you expect. The devs probably saw the sheer anger from the majority of DS1 fanboys that DS2 wasnt the EXACT same game.

I am not surprised they went back to the ways of DS1

>includes bloodborne
>doesn't include lords of le fallen

>that entire DaS 2 description

Gee I wonder who could be behind this post

In terms of PvP

DS2 > DS3 > BB > DS1