Morrowind

I have never played Morrowind and I don't have 15 bucks to get it on Steam. So what am I missing out on?

try it for yourself and see if you like it?

Morrowind

15 bucks.

uhhhhh

a fantastic game

Skyrim 1

I do not have the money for it.

A CRPG from the 1st person perspective. Morrowind is worth playing but it can be hard to get into at first. Combat isn't as bad as I'd initially thought, don't use the best attack option.

You're not necessarily missing out.

If you haven't played it yet, you don't have to be in a hurry.

Play it eventually.

It's a great achievement in crafting a sensation of going to a strange place and meeting strange people while making a new life for yourself.

Questions to Americans. Is 10-15 a lot of money?

This guy gets it.

Then pirate it?

Pirate it you retard

Ill say this.

You aren't missing much. Combat is fucking atrocious to the point of being unenjoyable. And don't give me that"learn to play" bullshit, the combat system in Morrowind doesn't work in real-time.

>the combat system in Morrowind doesn't work in real-time.
And that's bad because?

Because it pretends to be an action game. If they had just made morrowind a turn based game or had spent more time on the combat it would have been fine. But they delivered a half assed not turn based not real time abortion of combat. Even people that like the game can't say the combat is actually good and can only defend it by saying "you're not playing it right"

Want to use swords? Select a class with longsword as major skill.

Want to use axes? Select a class with axes as major skill.

Wow. So difficult.

The combat is not good, but somewhat enjoyable. It's good when you got a 60+ lvl in a weapon skill and start hitting your target and not missing so much.

What do you think i did? As a tabletop player i know my way around character creation. But wait, this is an Action RPG! There's no need for TABLETOP BASED COMBAT!

It's enough to get you a nice meal at a cheap restaurant.

WHAT DID I JUST FUCKING SAY
YOU COULDN'T SAY THE COMBAT WAS GOOD AND RESORTED TO YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT
FUCK
OFF

Its enough to eat for a day if you use it wisely.
Its 1/6 of a new vidya game or 2 old ones.
It's enough to go see a movie but you can probably only get a medium soda.

>i lied
the post.

No, Morrowind isn't an action RPG.

I see. And how much does, let's say, mcdonals pay its employees?

So you want to be proficient in all weapons without some sort of punishment?

Minimum wage. Which is if I remember right is 7.50 an hour.

Nice. That's a lot. But how much "10" dollars do the average person have per month? I mean, In my country I can buy the same things with that kind of money. But I don't doubt so much when buying games as people around Cred Forums seem to do.

I'm just curious.

A child can make it in two hours at most in any state.
$12 a reasonable hourly wage for menial labor such as sweeping or mopping in California.

trade it to some brony nostalgiafag for skyrim

>empty
>probably not specced for weapon
>people complain about missing
>MFW every time

Thanks, I think I understand now. But what I don't get is why people hesitate to buy cheap games? Every now and then I see posts asking if this 8 dollars game is worth it. Why do they hesitate so much? And consider that people here don't have a gf in which spend money.

To this day

Not a single Morrowfag

(NOT ONE)

((NOT A SINGLE ONE))

Has ever

EVER

COME CLOSE

To disproving this webm.

You're just showing how stupid you are. Even contrarians know what's wrong with that webm.

Fatass neckbeard NEETs and lazy children have basically no money.

Yeah, it's real. That bitch is level 40 and has a nearly 100% chance to dodge against your pathetic level 5 nigger ass. The game is not designed in such a way to allow a low level pleb to beat her. Get good.

It has awesome books and characters because of Kirkbride's writing.
It has awful gameplay because of Todd.

Argument from ignorance

It's clearly modded, but we cannot prove it. You won, user. Congratulations!

if the gameplay to you is bashing people with swords and missing, you don't know what the gameplay is.

>It's clearly modded
Totally isn't senpai.

The combat aged poorly, but the rest of the game is still good. It had less of an emphasis on combat than the newer games, so it can be enjoyed while avoiding combat.

I tried playing morrowind and became immensely immersed in the conversation topics and land, but the combat, dear god it's too fucking awful. I had 72 in Long Blade with a Silver Claymore and I fucking missed almost every swing, even if I power swung. Fuck me man.

It's such a good game the atmosphere and characters, aaaand the combat just fucking blows monkey dick.

combat is a pretty fucking major part of the game for you to just gloss over.

>this food is only 3/4 spoiled and filled with maggots, but the rest is good. open wide for the airplane :)

That's sad.

Get good and stop trying to fight in zones above your level.

It's like starting up WoW and running to Duskwood only to get fucked up, then blame the game for not forcing you to turn back or change the zones to accommodate your level.

This game came from the era before they were babysitting tools for bad parents.

As I said, you won as I cannot disprove it.

I finished the game without having the kind of problem shown in you webm. But I don't know. Maybe I was lucky.

>I have never played Morrowind and I don't have 15 bucks to get it on Steam

I remember a thread where somebody calculated the odds for that happening. The chance for MORROWNDSUX to miss 25 hits against Dralasa Nithroyn was a about 0,1^-25....

check your luck and agility jesus christ 72 is high

The funny thing is that the NPC doesn't miss a single time. Clearly not modded

Yes, but avoidable.

>this food is only 1/2 spoiled and filled with maggots, but you can still eat the other half.

Pirate it you stupid fuck

You're missing Morrowind. Or, to be specific - you've missed Morrowind and there's no chance you can catch it.

Right now Morrowind is pretty old game with stale graphics. Hell, it's walking simulator.

Back then Morrowind was looking really good and it's fucking huge world was something great. It was like discovering Cred Forums when it was new.

Nah, she's level 4 and has something like 50 health. I'm betting this was modded specifically to make this webm, what with a character name like morrowindsux.

>Because it pretends to be an action game.
It doesn't.
Every single mechanic in the game is dominated by stats.

kek

Kek. Underrated

WJHATA FUCK MAN I lmao i just fell outta my chair lkuz i cloudnt stop laugh OM GOSH A BIG ONE XDDDD XDDDD GRAT ONE GRATSTSS

clearly modded

>first ever Morrowind character is the class I wanted to play but happened to have no short blade skill
>decide wants to explore, so attempt to take a swim to the island over yonder
>die to a slaughterfish because I can't hit for shit
>start over with a new class so I can actually progress

McDonald's minimum wage is 9.20 in a shitty state. In California they make closer to 11.

Then, I don't get how Cred Forums struggles to buy games.

>go get the puzzle box

WOW SON U BUT ANGERY lamao I hav never seen som1 so pooper peeved LALALA LOLOLOL u bed ti take a chilpill and stop raping u ownasswit u husbando lmao GAAAY XDXD EXD XXDD

>$11 minimum wage
Cost of living must be crazy there.

Unbiased
Overworld design is good.
Not every tomb is a giant dungeon. Just normal tombs.
Lore is good.
Gameplay can be described as ridiculous.
Expansions are goat

Man, I could barely even hit her at level 1!

Clearly modded

Holy shit, was the skyrim symbol always on the cover of morrowind?

brb rolling a new argonian character named Deepest-Lor

>big Oblivion and Skyrim player, have 1000+ hours in both
>here morrowind is better
>pick it up and start playing
>create my character, a fucking high elf crusader ready to smite some faggots
>leave the first town, find a nearby cave
>enter it ready to fuck some bitches up and get loot
>first enemy runs up to me, a bandit
>go for a swing at him
>miss
>swing again
>miss
>swing again
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>miss
>he kills me after like 3 minutes of my swing missing
>uninstall game

never listen to Cred Forums-tards

So how did Kagranec fuck up so badly that instead of achieving godhood his entire race got spliced unto Numidium? And why Numidium of all objects? Why not some random rock?

>Get good and stop trying to fight in zones above your level.

Where do I go? The game tells me to go to the town and talk to Caius, which I did, then it tells me to join a guild and get some experience, which I do and then proceed to die doing the fighters guild quests.

Kek. The game is only playable nowadays heavily modded and min maxed.

Great game one of my all time favourites.

Everyone posts fake webms, here's a real level 1 character.

Yeah, that's the imperial dragon, it's just the symbol of the empire.

Dude.

He explains it to you. You buy some weapons and armor you can use, you pay for a little bit of training, and you go do easy shit.

While you're there, you take it slow, bring healing potions, and if you know you're getting your ass kicked, STOP CHARGING IN AND THINKING THAT YOU'RE INVINCIBLE.

Rule #1: The game is not designed for you to "win" no matter what you do. The enemies will be tough, and you need to not be a retard.