Is this the best compilation ever made?

Is this the best compilation ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XXAnjqKayhs
youtube.com/watch?v=5HN5MjZPfbI
romhacking.net/hacks/167/
youtube.com/watch?v=U2_JDMgMGQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MMX Collection is better you have all 6 MMX and Battle & Chase which mean 7 games instead of 5 for All Star + World. Still it was mind blowing at the time to have so many games on one super nintendo cartridge.

absolutely not

they ruined the gameplay of 2 of the games, and ruined the art style of all of them

No not even close
I'd rank Metroid Prime way above it for collections with changes to the original games and Kirby or one of the many sega collections to beat it in straight collections

wow...

>improperly looped music
>input lag
>doesn't display on some HD TVs when using component cables

I will say it's miles better than the anniversary collection

I loved the legos. Fuck off with your autism.

>inb4 someone posts the kirby's adventure/nightmare in dreamland one

>Worse version of MMX3
>Gutted audio in MMX6

Yes

>obtain power-up
>backtrack the entire game to proceed in the game

Metroid Prime is garbage. Fucking walking simulator.

Nah, for emulation, value, quality, and presentation, it absolutely MUST be one of these 2...

Okay.....

I didn't said that All Star or MMX Collection are great though, they both are worst than their originals.

legos were great but i'll agree with you on the mario 3 bullshit

Are there any problems in SMB2,3 or SMW in the collection? I know SMB1/Lost Levels has a physics bug.

I have absolutely no problem with these. Image is literally complaining about things that are different but not worse. Get over your nostalgia.

SMB 1, 2 and 3 are better on the NES. They have fancy graphics on snes but they don't feel the same.

>Anyone who likes what I don't is an idiot.
Wew. For the record, I do prefer the original artstyles.

But that's literally a personal preference and not actual point in favor of NES ones.

>Metroid Prime
THE TRILOGY REMOVES GRAPHICALSDF EFFECTSSD FROM THE GUNS REEEEEEE

He didn't ask about graphics

Let's ask the real question at this point

Has any collection manage to remain 1:1 to the original games?

It's only downfall along with the removal of Metroid and original controls

Collections? Few and far between. Remakes? Yes.

Galaga 90 was definitely a faithful port of Galaga 88. Super Mario Advance 3 was arguably superior than Yoshi's Island.

back when HL2 was good it was Orange Box, but since it's gone bad that is probably the pinnacle ye

SMA3 had worse music though and a smaller fov

>have absolutely no problem with broken gameplay in Mario 1 and 2

ok then. youre a dumb faggot.

>wanting auto-aim

Metroid is casual garbage and it seems that fans want to keep it that way

The physic suck in All Star

Besides that (that can be fixed) and some little such nitpick in the graphics, no. They are pretty great for someone who never played the games, so they can save and don't get shocked at graphics.

He asked for specifics in SMB3 and SMW.

It was already mentioned that SMB1+LL has the block hitting mechanic wrong.

Guy asked if any collections had 1:1 games and you are answering with remakes. What the fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=XXAnjqKayhs

youtube.com/watch?v=5HN5MjZPfbI

Still in the same ballpark, but understandable quip.

Smaller FOV was mostly a non-issue compared to say SMBDX, and the controls in SMAdv3 were superior in every way.

I mean SMB 1, 2 and 3 physic feel different compared to their original.

If they made a SNES mini would you rather SMW or All stars SMW?

I was talking about the graphics complaints you cum guzzler.

>I mean SMB 1, 2 and 3 physic feel different
But just earlier in this thread, someone stated SMB1+LL is the exact same outside the brick bug

How am I supposed to learn what's wrong with the remakes if you're just going to say "it just doesn't feel right"

He's just talking shit. It's the exact same code but they fucked up one number so it's positive instead of negative or vice versa. I forget which way.

Basically Mario is supposed to receive a small downward speed once the brick breaks but he receives the same amount of upward speed instead.

Just play it for yourself. Jesus christ.

Never said I wanted it I just prefer to keep all of the original game intact

The block breaking physics being wrong is just the result of a flipped Y-axis value by mistake.

>Can't back up own claims
This is the problem with Cred Forums
I wanna learn, but most people are just sheeping other people opinions.

That's an interesting and unfortunate fuck up. So there's roms that fixes that?

>25th anniversary
>literally just slapped a ROM into a Wii U disk and called it a day
>couldn't even be arsed to use the SMA+SMW ROM

I'm glad I dropped Nintendo. The AM2R fiasco was the straw that broke the camel's back.

There's an ips patch romhacking.net/hacks/167/

>That's an interesting and unfortunate fuck up. So there's roms that fixes that?
might as well find one that fixes the lakitu physics as well

AM2R fiasco was made by NOA's lawyers, not NCL from Japan.

Also...
>Wii U disk

AM2R is shit, so who cares?

>I wanna learn, but most people are just sheeping other people opinions.

Well, the thing is I'm not autistic to the point where I can point out all of the tiniest most insignificant details in a remake (like coding and such nonesense).

What I can tell you is that Super Mario All Stars was my first Mario game (back in the early 90s). I did play the originals not too long after, but still preferred All Stars despite it's """""flaws"""""

Also, OP's image is complete bullshit. You still need to play a game for yourself to find out if you like it or not. You shouldn't even take the opinions of this board seriously. If you do that, then you're a fucking dumbass.

>Responding

That's cool. If I ever replay it, I'll remember that.
Outside graphics, is that really the only problem in SMAS?

>Wii U disk

So you're retarded?

nah bro, here's the real OG

Metal Slug Anthology

I still find it odd the pokemon character artist did the cover for the sega comp.

It's only flaw was that it couldn't include the lock-on games, but otherwise a god tier collection.
Just wish it had Landstalker.

Well, they made SMB2(J) easier still, plus SMB3 has free suite glitches, and the SMW combo lets you save anywhere, making that game even easier...

yeah

>I love legos fuck off with your autism

You can't make this shit up.

Your opinion is wrong.

Doesn't stop all of the games being easier than their previous counterparts. Especially the Japanese SMB3 which had its difficulty decimated in SM:C.

youtube.com/watch?v=U2_JDMgMGQI

>gaijin fans never ever

>Especially the Japanese SMB3 which had its difficulty decimated in SM:C
U.S. version of SMB3 was already easier than the Japanese version since going back to Small Mario took two hits from a power-up like the fire flower instead of one hit.

Literally my favorite collection

>poor excuse for gamers
>using gamer unironically

How?

doenst really matter why it's like that, the point is you;re an idiot if you dont notice or dont care about a game ruining bug

It does the same thing to Metroid 2 that Zero Mission did to Metroid. Add a whole bunch of unnecessary power-ups into a map that's inspired by the original but not the original at all, completely devoid of challenge and atmosphere. Neither game are remakes, they're entirely different games with a few similarities.

This came together well I think. Not having Snake Skater or the Ape Escape levels holds it back from perfection though.

it doesn't ruin the game, though

You almost got me there.

This is what the Wii release of Super Mario All-stars should have been.

>screenshot of Sonic 3
>call it Sonic 2

No. Namco Museum 3 for Playstaion is the best compilation.

>Unlockable content
Do you have to beat games to unlock other games?
If that's the case, that'd be the first time I've seen something both annoying and awesome.

>They updated the PC version with romhack support (through Steam Workshop)

you do certain things in certain games to unlock interviews, games and trailers...or just one trailer i think