Has anyone tried the Fallout 4 resurrection mod...

Has anyone tried the Fallout 4 resurrection mod? It makes the game look a lot more interesting and realistic (in my opinion this is how shit would look after a few years with only a few humans around etc)

Pic and video related

youtu.be/5swLBoWTvPQ?t=8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PYW1jj5-Xvw&feature=youtu.be&t=403
youtube.com/watch?v=8JtaTrYfIHQ
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Great_War#Aftermath
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous–Paleogene_extinction_event#Terrestrial_plants
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/
modgames.net/load/fallout_4/globalnye/resurrection/425-1-0-21385
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks like old stalker beta scans

youtube.com/watch?v=PYW1jj5-Xvw&feature=youtu.be&t=403

Looks like this guy has a couple of other mods but it looks a lot better than vanilla

>Fernout 4

No.

Sure it looks prettier, but it don't fix the shit story and how boring it gets.

Fallout 4 was never a game based on graphics and in FO4 graphics weren't the issue. It was the story and the complete lack of roleplaying options.

I agree but it certainly makes it a lot more comfy. Sounds like you guys had the same issue as me, once you realise there are like 4 different guns and get to around 15 hours in it does get boring.

Dem nature sounds too!

>Fernout 4

That's it, pack your things boys, that's a wrap. Nothing will beat this.

/thread

>It makes the game look a lot more interesting and realistic
Nuclear annihilation doesn't turn the landscape into lush jungle, this looks stupid as fuck.

So an ugly game gets even more ugly?
Its a cool idea but the realization is bad.

No every region looks the same, and the engine clearly struggles to make the foliage look good.
You would need to add a good texture based ss solution and better ao.
Then some big tree and grass variety so all regions look differently, and then get a proper pass on those buildings and shit so it isnt covered in moss son unifromly

As sht as fallout 4 was at lest you could tell what region of the map you are in at any point, here its fucks, its all a forest.

>A POLISHED TURD IS STILL A TURD

You can use all amounts of mods to make the game beautiful from outside. But from its's core the game is still a turd with it's shit quests and story.

If I were you I would go play Witcher 3, it is both beautiful from the outside and inside unlike Fallout 4.

For the areas not directly hit by the bombs this is exactly what happens, and the fallout area obviously wasnt as there are buildings everywhere still standing. People die from the fallout and nature takes over. Look at Chernobyl.

Yeah you are right, the grey/brown copy and paste throughout the whole map was much better...

Yeah dude, it does.

Time for you to do some research.

It looks really bad actually. Everything is fucking green outside but when you go inside houses and areas it all looks normal so whats the point?
Also people are stupid if they think nature would grow like that in a post-apo real life city.

>playing with that much grass everywhere

Good fucking luck finding items/etc on the ground and not being able to see enemies that can see you no prob.

>Also people are stupid if they think nature would grow like that in a post-apo real life city.

How long is the player in the vault for? Chernobyl isnt far off in some areas and it has only been 30+ years

>Also people are stupid if they think nature would grow like that in a post-apo real life city.
Ever heard of Chernobyl?
There is shit growing in the reactor itself

plants dont give a shit

>that much green in a Fallout game

I love when people call someone stupid then proceed to be wrong.

Fuck off shill

Are you telling me pripyat is in a world where nuclear explosions spread dust all over the atmosphere, reducing the amount of sunlight that reaches the ground?

>Shill
>Free mod

this guy gets it.

bethesda drones are the worst

It was cool but it halves framerate, partially because it adds Crysis level vegetation that the shit engine can't handle but you also need to toggle some setting in the .ini files that ruins framerate even if you don't use that mod

I had resurrection installed for a while, I'd share pics but I'm on my phone. Only problem I had with it is how cluttered sanctuary looked, and the mossy rusty metal textures could sometimes be found in interior cells.

Literally nobody in here has argued that it is not shit. The whole point was does this improve it. Find your arguments elsewhere faggot

that was some 200 years ago. the dust settles very quickly, within months up to few years, after that everything returns to normal.

Ever seen Chernobyl?

No Todd

Jep, thats why i love green in STALKER. But Fallout isn't Stalker, it has its own world and rules.

i rather play stalker than your piece of shit todd

it's way better at what it does than fo4

in fact every retards modding bethedsa games to no end are secretly HOPING that their game will end up playing like stalker

I agree, but given that, why not just install Autumn Aurora for STALKER SoC and get the same aesthetics but with actually good gameplay?

youtube.com/watch?v=8JtaTrYfIHQ

>around 15 hours in
You gave it that much benefit of the doubt??

>How long is the player in the vault for?

200 years IIRC

I don't get why people look for realism in a game that bases it's universe on cartoon logic from the fifties. Are people seriously playing Fallout games for a realistic post apocalyptic experience and not for the humor and retrofuturistic stuff?

As for the OP, the mod doesn't improve it as a Fallout game in any way.

By that standard we shouldn't look for realism in any game. Gosh darn none of them are real, so why should any of them be realistic!

Go away Pete.

What are you talking about?
F3 was all green all the time.

Its no longer supported by the creators, it's gone from Nexus.

You have to install manually and it's a bitch to remove. It made my framerate plummet and crashed my game every 5 minutes. Do not recommend.

I was more thinking why people want all games to be the same. I like the desolate brown in fallout, because it fits. I look for realism in other games like simulators and tactical shooters. I don't like brown in stalker, because i know what pripyat and its surroundings look like.

>What are you talking about?
Vegetation.

>that part where he gets shot down while firing and his gun is still going off at 45s

That actually looks sweet af. I'm considering buying a PC for mods but I know jack shit about how to do em. I started a new FO4 file for the DLC but the story of the main game is still a problem for me. I wish they had voice mods. Line Survivors voice is irritating.

Looks kinda neat.

Looks like it'd just trash performance or cause CTDs left and right, since its a Todd game.

What mod?

Yeah, rules like "why should we as developers put forth ANY effort? Modders always fix things for us!"

My friend installed it a bit ago.

He had about 20 FPS.

FERNS

It looks like some dulll ass sims mod

Ever clench up after feeling immense pain?
That's what happened.

Yeah? It's fucking cool, I can't tell if your dumn anime reaction image is saying its cool or is mad for some retarded fucking reason?

Wait you actually think thats a bad thing? What in the fuck is wrong with you.

We want the game to not feel shitty. Shooting a guy in the head 10 times with a 10mm pistol doesnt sound fun.

Damn really want a new SOCOM game after seeing that

Are you saying that developers need to change the underlying world and look of the previous games? Bethesda hase done enough, we don't need them to change the wasteland of the first games to a lush garden of eden.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THE GAME TAKES PLACE IN NOVEMBER NOWHERE IN MASSACHUSETTS IS GREEN LIKE THAT IN NOVEMBER GODDAMN MORON COCKSUCKERS

>posts picture thats very blatantly autumn

I agree, but does the mod do anything except change the look of the world?
If not, then it makes it even worse as a fallout game.

mutant plants could. but yeah it should be more brown in autumn.

nothing can fix the shit lightning and NO SHADOWS

You're right, the bombs don't do that.

However, lack of Humans does do that. And the bombs killed most of the Humans.

The exact species of plants and trees might not be exactly correct, but Northeastern forests in summer do turn into pretty lush areas.

It appears to no longer be on nexus

You are joking, right? Otherwise,

Fallout isn't really life you nobs. Every fallout game you explore a desolate wasteland not a green house.

Chernobyl was one nuclear power plant, not an Armageddon amount of nuclear bombs dropped everywhere. The explosion at the Chernobyl plant can't be compared to the destructive force of a nuclear bomb. Look at the picture and tell me they're similar.
Furthermore the bombs in Fallout fell in 2077. Imagine how powerful the nuclear bombs would be in 2077 in the Fallout universe?

>"The [radioactive] rain lasted four long days, killing thousands of species that had survived the initial destruction of the bombs, be they animals, plants, or microorganisms. Those few living things – human, animal, or plant – that survived after the rain ended were left to live in the now-barren wasteland that had spread across Earth, where nearly all pre-War plant life had died either in the initial explosions or from the intense radiation produced by the fallout"
>source: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Great_War#Aftermath

But thats not realistic in the slightest. If you want that then Bethshit need to do a fallout thats 15-50 years after the bombs fell in 2077, but anything after that wouldnt allow for top soil radiation levels to prevent the growth of mass greenery as long as it isnt the direct impact zone of one of the "low yield" nuclear warheads that are canon in universe. I honestly hat3 rhw fact that Betheshit make a cool world to explore but it contradicts everything that should be happening like there should be more than one "Diamond City" style settlement and there should be mass greenery after so many years in the Boston area especially. "But muh greenery in fallout 1/2/NV" There was greenery in those two thay was actually relevant and proper for the landscapes they cover which are desert and plains land respectively. Bethesda is just a garbage fucking company.

Why is the mod community for Fallout 4 so weak?

Do people outside of Cred Forums agree that it was shit too? Even Bethesda seemed to give up on it and just made a couple of half assed DLCs

Nothing can fix the shitty writing and design choices. Only a complete remake by another company that is not Shithesda.

The game STARTS in November

It doesn't stay that way

If I was a billionare I'd buy the IP off Shitesda and give it to Obsidian.
No more Shitesda sabotaging Obsidian, no more Shitesda damage control because its loved more than 3.

Just absolute bliss as the series reaches perfection.

This, holy shit. Any mod that requires you to disable UseCombinedObjects is an instant pass for me. The game was not designed to run with that shit disabled and it absolutely tanks the already bad performance, and all of the mod authors are so lazy that they would rather rely on it than actually make their mod work with the intended system. I usually hate to call mod authors lazy, but there's no other way to put it if your mod relies on changing a fundamental part of how the game is optimized for the worse, especially considering how badly optimized it is in the first place.

Also, the guy that made Resurrection keeps registering accounts on the Nexus to spam and advertise his shit despite continuously getting banned for it, so this thread is probably another example of him shilling. I don't know why he's bothering to shill a free mod this much, unless he is actually just that desperate for attention.

>but I know jack shit about how to do em

nigga it's the easiest shit in the world these days. all you do is install Nexus Mod Manager and it'll do the work automatically

But it still has a shit story and lite "rpg"(if you can even call the game that)

I wish i could give away my steam copy. I feel ashamed to have it on my list.

Regardless of how many plants did die, the "Wasteland" would still be filled with the surviving plants and fauna, overgrowing on everything.

Yeah, it's not just Cred Forums. Fallout 4 disappointed the general public.

200 years is a stupidly long time though. Even 100 years I could see. But 200 years is plenty for shit to start coming back.

>nearly all pre-War plant life had died
This is just stupid. Plants in general survived the dinosaurs dying and at least 4 other apocalyptic events. If people survived then plenty of plants certainly could.

Are stupid? It's not the innitial destructive force that's the issue. It's the radioactive fallout that is.

cherbobyl fallout ranks among the worse possible. Yet life still come back after a few decades.

Looks nice. If the performance doesn't take a massive hit I might try it out.

90% of my time with FO4 is just wandering around trying to get immersed. I don't think I have many more hours left, since I've explored virtually everything already. Maybe this will give it the last bit of staying power.

Chernobyl produced orders of magnitude more radiation than any bomb would have, and the forests around it are green and full of life. It's all dying young and not growing properly, but it's still alive. There are even fish living in the cooling pools right next to the reactor. Fallout is going for the aesthetic of a dead world and that's fine, but it's not at all realistic.

Not if they're extinct. For example: if you kill all oak trees, there won't be any more oak trees. Plants can't grow from nothing. Plants can't grow if they don't exist.

Irrelevant. Dinosaurs weren't killed in a nuclear disaster.
What other apocalyptic events?
Plants are more fragile than people. People don't require sunlight and fertile soil. What are you on about?

>People don't require sunlight and fertile soil.

Similar mods in fallout 3, they make the world more believable, but for fucks sake they had to cover every piece asphalt and concrete in moss too? I didnt know boston was a fucking swamp like Louisiana

Life was never killed in Chernobyl to begin with. Life never stopped there. The Chernobyl disaster didn't create a massive crater, block out the sun and cause radioactive rain to destroy plant life.
Also life has come in from OUTSIDE the zone. This isn't possible if all life has been killed to begin with.

Isn't there an Nvidia mod that brings in proper volumetric lightning and shadows in game?

FERNS?

Dinosaurs weren't killed by the asteroid, they were killed because most plants died to lack of sunlight. But SOME survived. The dust thrown up by the asteroid would have been orders of magnitude higher than that thrown up by the nuclear blasts, yet plants are still alive today.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretaceous–Paleogene_extinction_event#Terrestrial_plants
>The dominance of fungal species lasted ONLY A FEW YEARS while the atmosphere cleared and there was plenty of organic matter to feed on. Once the atmosphere cleared, photosynthetic organisms, like ferns and other plants, returned

These are Inuits, user. They live in houses made from ice and they eat fish

Fish, which live off of other fish, which live off of algea and plant life, that need sunlight.

Witcher 3 blows them out of the water.

Besides the point. People can survive in a fallout shelter on tinned beans and tinned fruit

They also harvest plant life during the summer and hunt caribou and reindeer during their annual migrations. Or are you stupid enough to think there is snow on the ground all year where they live?

-t Canadian who was forced to learn about Natives in school.

It was so dumbed down even the normies were offended by it, that's how bad it was.

Not for 200 years they can't.

The sheer amount of storage that would be needed to keep that much food would dwarf any amount of living space that those same people would need.

That's why my plan is to wait as long as it takes for them to stop shitting out new DLC, then pirate it all and see how much polish it take to make this steaming pile decent.

go back to veddit pls

Witcher 3 had utterly disappointing gameplay, story, and graphics.

Please, Witcher 3 is the best game we've seen in years.

Reminds me of TLOU

It looks better than expected. Granted you probably need a NASA PC to render all this grass

That would require me to play through that abomination again, so no.

applying that same moss texture to everything is a little lame, but it looks alright

abomination is a good descriptor
I unironically think Fallout 4 may be one of the worst games of all time. Fitting that one of the best of all time came out the same time with W3.

Combat was ass and interaction with npcs was like talking to a wall.

It's shit.

200 years man

That's enough for lichen and moss to be growing on concrete

It's gameplay, graphics, and story make Fallout 4 look generations behind.

CDPR humiliated Bethesda with their game.

if witcher 3 was dissapointing then I cannot imagine what kind of words would you use to describe fallout 4

I didn't know a post-apocalyptic rpg was in direct competition with a fantasy hack and slash.
I'm not defending fallout. It's just stupid to compare the two like it's a CoD vs BF situation.

I'm not going to defend Fallout 4 but the Witcher gameplay was "okay" at best.

The problem of the game still being shit isn't changed by making it look prettier.

That's what I ran into when trying to mod Fallout 3 and Skyrim into fun game. Yeah, you'll mod and mod, you'll spend all day downloading mods getting them to work together, troubleshooting conflicts and eventually you'll be done, but as soon as you bump into a single NPC and they start talking and you see your dialogue options or you complete a meaningless boring quest, you get into a fight and remember how much fun games like Stalker were you're reminded the game is shit and not worth playing and all your modding did was polish up a turd.

Yeah it looks pretty now, yeah I've got more realistic and complex systems tacked on top but the underlying core game is the same shallow shit it always was. No one is going to mod in believable ballistics and penetration, that's something that you just can't do with mod tools.

Frost (sequel to Dust) is out

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898/

Oh yes please, cover every inch with grass and foliage in a game that runs on gamebryo's take on havok-physics, and critical objects routinely fly all over the place. What could go wrong?

In my opinion the ReGrowth Overhaul is better and don't use stolen asset.

>There are people who seriously think they can use real-world examples and laws of nature to make Fallout's wastelands real
For fuck's sake, can you all finally grasp that Fallout it taking place in Fiction Land? It's intentionally out-of-sync with reality, following instead pulp imagination about post-apo worlds. The first game was pretty much Mad Max: The Other Guy.
And yet there are morons like you trying to shovel real world and reality into it. If you apply real theories, then the world was fucking killed by nuclear winter for good. The sheer quantity of nukes dropped should shatter all city centres into dust and craters, not semi-intact buildings.

So either stick with the fact everything in Fallout verse is (and always was) completely made up or stop using the retarded argumentation against logic itself.

Dust from a nuck only stays in the atmosphere for 25 years so it is intirely possible that the nature would have taken back the cirty and land

Yeah, plants don't need seeds or anything to spawn. Why wouldn't things just grow from the sterilized and destroyed land?

>gets told something you don't want to hear
>g..go back to l..leddit
how about you go back to fumblr if you get triggered so easily /safespace

>fallout faggots ACTUALLY defending fallout 4 in any manner

I don't care what it is, anything would make that piece of shit better.

the author moved it after getting banned on nexus.

modgames.net/load/fallout_4/globalnye/resurrection/425-1-0-21385

How do you even get banned on the nexus?

>FO1/2 were set in deserts
>thus, all FO should be desert wastelands leleleelle
Fucking retards I swear.

They have rules against compilations even if they include new content.

Basically you'd have to credit and get permission of literally everyone you stole from.

i managed to get it to run at 60 fps with a 750 ti. lowest settings, but it worked.

>shit quests and story.
>play witcher 3 instead

Are you a literal retard? Like I'm not even joking here.

That looks pretty fucking lush you slack jawed faggot.

Has that Oblivion vibe and I like it

The "humor and retrofuturistic stuff" is the worst part of Fallout games. Most people, including myself, don't care about any of that. I just want to play an open world RPG with a lot of character customization and build options.

shit that looks like its something straight from Enslaved. Doesnt really fit fallout setting

DID SOMEONE SAY FERNS

Because most modders who plan on doing extensive overhauls or lewd are waiting until Bethesda releases their definitive edition of the game and final updates, so that they don't have to put days or weeks of work into something to have it broken or made completely obsolete by a patch or dlc

It's a great game, but it gets boring fast because you have to play a predefined character and use only one weapon. There's no builds or customization.

How to fix Graphics 101 Add a shit ton of ferns to block out bad textures... then profit

>HEY GUYS, CHECK THIS OUT, WE MADE EVERYTHING GREEN! ISN'T IT AWESOME?

What a dumbass mod.

Is there a similar mod for Fo3/NV? Or Skyrim?

Love me some open-world games but I don't dig the "everything is dirt/snow" aesthetic

no bomb will ever be worse than a nuclear reactor in terms of pure radiation

I think everyone is forgetting in terms of the series fallout4, their nuclear advances a supposedly far superior than what we currently have now. I would just assume their nuclear concentration would be much higher and thats why everything is completely dead.

What is the problem? The game has all that.