Is Phoenix Wright secretly the evillest guy in the franchise?

Nah but Spirit of Justice Hate thread.
>Incest jokes at beginning of Case 5
Like seriously what the fuck. All the 'breakdowns' were shit too, only Reus's was good. Reus's theme, design, motives were all fucking awesome, that should've been expanded and made the final case.

Apollo's development should come from people like Trucy, one established to be his fucking biological sister, not totally new characters from a third world country including a shitty father figure that only came back into his life 2 days prior. Seriously what the fuck I'm filled with impotent nerd rage at this game. What a bullshit way to put a character On A Bus.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WbDGBueVyH0
youtube.com/watch?v=_tvOIQ8Bm5A
youtube.com/watch?v=dEqQ_SqNV3c&ab_channel=StummerGamer&t=0m40s
youtube.com/watch?v=mgeL0iOiJek
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58896749
youtube.com/watch?v=WFhaRDTCtmg
youtube.com/watch?v=QV1B7oDbC-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Like did Phoenix not think it right to explain to Apollo that he'd be leaving his ACTUAL family behind if he stayed in that third world shithole? He had the whole day up until the plane left. Trucy has practically become more attached to Apollo than Phoenix, at least that's how they portray things in the games.

baka

youtube.com/watch?v=WbDGBueVyH0

>1 IP

I thought ops couldn't bump their own threads anymore

>that should've been expanded and made the final case.
please no more Gramarye drama shit

I think if the Soba case and the Magician case were swapped around it would've been better..

SAGE

>Is Phoenix Wright secretly the evillest guy
Go to bed Kristoph

I just finished T&T, and now I'm scared to play AJ since I know it pretty much shits on the heartwarming ending I just witnessed.

I've never watched this garbage before, are they retarded on purpose or do they actually take themselves seriously?

Isn't that the guy that theorized about Warios farts at one point?

Yeah, I think he's genuinely retarded.

You can play Investigations first if you need a buffer, otherwise you might just need to rip the band-aid off. It's still a fine game and generally better than Justice for All, but it really is filled with bad feels

I like the game but I do agree it's dumb how they need to keep introducing characters out of nowhere to fill his backstory and develop his character.

>Lets Apollo decide to stay in a third world country
>Still hasn't told him about his sister

>>Still hasn't told him about his sister
Are you serious?

How many games has it been now since Phoenix met Apollo?

Therefore Phoenix is the evillest character in the series. The next game, Athena Cykes: Ace Psychologist, will have a final case where it's revealed that Phoenix planned everything to frame Apollo for the murder of Trucy and make millions on her life insurance.

His breakdown reveals that all the spikes on his head are big thick spider legs that crawl away, revealing that he has cancer. I know this because my dad works at Nintendo, you can read my FanFiction about it at ApolloJusticeFan202 on FanFiction

I overall agree with you, but I still enjoyed Spirit of Justice. Sure I had to lower my standards a bit, but at least cases 3 and 5 had the decency to focus more on the motivations of the characters than just a gimmicky plot twist. Maybe it was simply a decent enough step in the right direction after Dual Destinies.
I don't really agree about Reus, however.

Phoenix hasn't told Polly about Trucy OR Lamoroir.

Just like how he never told Athena about Blackquill's execution until the day prior. Phoenix is a fucking asshole. We never notice this in the original trilogy because his legal partners are 19 year old girls and a small child.

Or play PLvAA

post bonny and/or betty.

I would've preferred for Phoenix to set up shop in Khurain and Apollo to take over Wright's office back in Japanifornia, honestly.

Lamiroir is the one who doesn't want to tell them yet.

Reus' motives were garbage. He killed a complete stranger when he should've just killed Trucy and framed Bonnie/Betty for it

I still don't understand why making Apollo the main character in one game also meant fucking the entire series over

So did Godot get the death penalty? Technically he killed to save a life

I really liked it. Finally wrapped up Apollo's story so we can stop hearing about it. Hoping Athena gets to shine as an attorney in AA7

Don't give a shit about Japan's hard-on for brother/sister relationships to be honest. Bugs me more that almost every single parent/child relationship in the series is sorta awful on atleast one end. Hell even Trucy was pissing me off in AA6 with how she wouldn't shut the hell up about the Gramaryes, she's old enough to remember that Zak (whose portrait she keeps hanged up in the office) abandoned her.

Apollo & Trucy pretty much act like siblings already too, I'm not sure what the point of this plot twist even is anymore.

>not including Big Top in shit tier

>Finally wrapped up Apollo's story so we can stop hearing about it.
It really didn't. It created more backstory out of thin air and resolved THAT while still leaving the fact that he's Lamiroir's son and Trucy's brother hanging.

>Lamiroir is the one who doesn't want to tell them yet.
What is wrong with everyone in this family, seriously?

Why is every parent in this series so awful?

>Hopeing Athena gets to shine as an attorney in AA7
I wish she never existed. I dislike AA5 and 6 purely because she and her autistic robot are in it. The games would have been way better if it wasn't for her.

Was time traveler that good?

Phoenix was a good dad

Got an idea: A case where everything, even the contradictions, are actually staged.

Absolutely not. It wasn't terrible but it was nothing special and very predictable.

Arguably the most sympathetic villain in the series saves it from shit

They resolved it in the credits. We don't need to hear any more about it.

Nah, dude. She's distinct enough from Phoenix to warrant existing. Apollo never had his own identity

I thought so.

Pearl truly had the family from hell holy shit

get out of here reus

Phoenix's daughterfu is back in Japanifornia though.

I dunno. With Inga for example, they never even nail down a TRUE motive for him. The people that say he was readying a coup were literally the villains. Why did he kill Dhurke if Inga hated Ga'ran and wanted to change things? To what extent did he love Rayfa (they skirt over the issue of him not being the biological father despite Rayfa clearly liking him more and him seemingly being okay with her doting)? Nahyuta's shitty attitude in America and his stuff about "let it go" aren't clearly explained. They seem to try to have an angle that Nahyuta had been resigned to fate but realized things could change through Apollo, but it was basically one line.

The game was completely ruined for me when Apollo decided to stay in Khura'in and leave Trucy and them behind. Apollo decides to do it at Nahyuta's request but they never even developed their brother relationship, just Apollo's relationship with his shitty absentee father that LITERALLY WAITED UNTIL AFTER HE WAS DEAD to visit Apollo and make false promises about going hunting and shit.

All of Apollo's characterization up to SOJ Case 5 was how he was an independent guy who had to survive on his own and always put his friends (Dual Destinies victim, Trucy, Athena) and the truth first. And then Apollo leaves everyone for a country without showers so that he can please the people that aren't even actually his family. Why did they even have Trucy there at the end if not to just make Apollo look like a piece of shit with no priorities?

I dunno. I've always really liked Apollo and I'm not sure if they're trying to write him out here or what. But I hate it. At the very least, let the next game be Athena Cykes Ace Attorney and NOT introduce a new main character. At best, let Simon hang around, but that's it. If they can't keep the series going without new main characters, and without bringing Apollo back immediately and ruining any weight of SOJ, then the series doesn't need to continue I guess.

Nahyuta is objectively the worst prosecutor in the series

>Arguably the most sympathetic villain in the series saves it from shit
> Acro
> Sympathetic

>Why did he kill Dhurke if Inga hated Ga'ran and wanted to change things?
Because he didn't hate Ga'ran's Hitler rule he just wanted to be the one in charge instead.

How about this
>Culprit kills a guy cleanly, leaves no evidence
>Plants a tiny, subtle clue implicating his desired fall guy
>Buries that clue under a mountain of evidence implicating himself
>Hires Phoenix to defend him, expecting that Phoenix will rip through the first layer of fake evidence and assume that the hidden clue is the truth

>Phoenix is the true villian because he went to check is someone was dead or not
>claims that he tried to hide the receipt, even though the police find it in the very same scene
I'm pretty sure even fans of the show hate this episode

>Case 3 day 1
>"so you see, Maya put the Kee'ra robe over the warbaa'd statue to trick the victim!"
THEN WHY THE FUCK IS THERE BLOOD ALL OVER THE STATUE
WHY DIDN'T THEY LET ME POINT THAT OUT
WHY AM I FUCKING GUILTY

>They resolved it in the credits. We don't need to hear any more about it.
They resolved it just about as much as they did at the end of Apollo Justice. If it wasn't over then, it's not over now.

>Nah but Spirit of Justice Hate thread.

Thank fucking god the honeymoon phase is over and everyone is finally understanding that this is one of the worst games in the franchise.

Now you faggots can't go
>b-b-b-b-b-but its only IGN!! lol!
>b-b-b-b-b-but it's GameExplain!

when people tell you how fucking retarded this game is

Ace Attorney is fucking dead.

How is he not.
>Brother tries his best to impress dumb bitch
>Dumb bitch causes him to end up brain damaged and puts you in wheelchair
>Accident is covered up while dumb bitch gives zero fucks whatsoever
>Try to teach dumb bitch a lesson in empathy and accidentally end up killing the only other person in this world that means something to you
>Only frames Max because he couldn't abandon his brother.

Is it time for a Judge spin-off game yet? He can have a loli assistant too, who can carry him around everywhere since he doesn't have legs.

>Try to teach dumb bitch a lesson in empathy
Trying to fucking kill a teenage girl who has lived her life in the circus isn't sympathetic. It's murderous. He's a murderer, that's all he is.

You think his father figure would be happy that he killed his daughter for no reason?

What's it like to be so wrong? Mood Matrix was practically the best new gimmick in the series. Athena is fantastic when she's not in a cutscene (fuck PLvsAA for making the AA team feel like they need to shoehorn those shitty anime cutscenes in. They're all so bad. It's jarring how little direction the voice actors have and how their voices in those don't suit the objections and dialog at all.)

Bridge to the Turnabout should be in Elder God tier. What the fuck. Revolution is Mid Tier. Magical Turnabout High or God Tier. Seriously who puts Storyteller above Magical Turnabout? Actually this is kind of just a shitty list, I dunno the point of typing this out desu. Turnabout Succession in Low Tier, baka. Shit tier shouldn't even exist, Lost Turnabout is fine as a first case and Serenade isn't any worse than Big Top or Kidnapped Turnabout.

Phoenix says that he's going to tell them the truth in the credits

>Thank fucking god the honeymoon phase is over and everyone is finally understanding that this is one of the worst games in the franchise.

I'm honestly surprised. I thought Cred Forums was going to love this one because of its Apollo boner

Honestly it was a fuck of a lot better than than his best friend that we never heard of dying in the previous game.

Phoenix really needs to get himself a waifu. Dude is like 40 years old by now and he ain't getting younger.

Maybe he should just fuck/marry Maya.

>Trying to fucking kill a teenage girl who has lived her life in the circus isn't sympathetic. It's murderous. He's a murderer, that's all he is.

And he admits as such. It's still a tragedy. Most AA killers deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

FUCKING WHY AND HOW ARE THEY PINNING ANOTHER MURDER ON MAYA WHEN SHE WAS IN COURT AT THE TIME

THIS CASE MAKES NO SENSE

I like Athena as a character and think AA7 could give her and Blackquill a much-needed development, but Divination Seance absolutely shits all over Mood Matrix.

Mood Matrix dumps on Perceive at least, which is the worst gimmick by far.

???

That's why we hate it dude. This game is a huge disservice to Apollo. It contradicts his development even in the same fucking game that some is introduced.

How is adoptive family from literally who country any better?

>Pearls is legal now

>Bridge to the Turnabout should be in Elder God tier. What the fuck. Revolution is Mid Tier.

Revolution is an actually well thought out Bridge to the Turnabout. The use of spirit channeling is actually clever and makes sense

>Magical Turnabout High or God Tier. Seriously who puts Storyteller above Magical Turnabout?

Somebody who noticed that Reus killed a literal nobody when he should've just killed Trucy.

Because they're shown and explained instead of being shoehorned into a few lines before being unceremoniously murdered

We actually got to meet the adoptive family before they died

He can't find a woman because he's basically everyone's dad figure.

>That's why we hate it dude. This game is a huge disservice to Apollo. It contradicts his development even in the same fucking game that some is introduced.

I told you all for years that Apollo was a mistake, but you didn't fucking listen.

>implying Phoenix doesn't routinely fuck the teenage girls that continuously decide to follow him around

Him tricking Rayfa into following him in Case 3 was basically "I've got candy in my van" tier

Bring Iris back dammit. We have this entire game about the Kurain channeling and lifestyle, and they fucking leave her out? ajhbsfkf

OPs can bump if it's on page 10.

Iris has no magical powers.

It's still completely shoehorned backstory out of nowhere. Are we going to see Apollo's long lost uncle, cousin and stepmother in AA7 because they don't know how else to add to his character?

that's not the murderer in Investigation's first case.

Apollo's not a mistake. Well he is, but he's an enjoyable mistake.

Spirit of Justice is a mistake.

>Revolution is an actually well thought out Bridge to the Turnabout
Bridge to the Turnabout his actual characters with actual character development. And Spirit Channeling plays into character roles and not just PLOT TWIST!! like Revolution does.

Irisfags are retarded

Rise from the ashes is considered that good?
I didn't play every phoenix wright, mostly the first 3 or 4 but replaying this case recently I remember thinking it was pretty much as chaotic as an attorney online tournabout.
Everything from multiple very big changes of where the stories' going, to the overutilised emotions compared to the rest of the game without forgetting the helper who's just here for this one case. Actually, yeah. It was pretty fun.

Why doesn't he want to get married?

>Spirit of Justice is a mistake.

Forcing AJ into a lead role he's not interesting enough to take was the mistake. You could've written Dhurke into phoenix's backstory and done the exact same thing

>Bridge to the Turnabout his actual characters with actual character development

It's a story of everybody almost getting Maya killed by acting retarded and then lying to Phoenix for no good reason. 6-5's channeling actually serves a purpose besides giving the dead girl and excuse to come back into the story.

doesn't fucking matter, she's pearl's sister and cousin of Maya, as well as her unresolved relationship with Phoenix.

They brought back Kurain village, they should have used Bikini's mountain area too

It is to me. I consider it the best story the series has ever told, but I'm biased due to studying actual police in law to appreciate the messages its trying to convey.

MGTOW

but he is

I just want to remind you guys that Phoenix willingly tricked Apollo into using fake evidence and rigged a jury.

He and Maya are basically Pearl and Trucy's parents though. Since JFA they've pretty much been the ones raising Pearl and they note that Trucy sees her as a sister.

See I didn't like Apollo at all but I just realized AA4 was a shit game with dogshit cases. I loved Apollo in 6, was glad he got a proper succession game.

>cute Phoenix & Pearl interactions are reserved for DLC in recent games
fucking Crapcom

They tell you why they suspect her in court you dumb dumb.

Payback's a bitch.

nah man u don't understand feeny is the good guy so it doesn't matter

If he doesn't get caught it's not illegal.

Literally stated that he faked the time of death so it looked like he was killed after the priest

>Spirit of Justice Hate thread
Let it go and move on, putrid-minded user

The overarching plot of that game literally was "the court system is fucked, introduce Juries you goddamn faggots". It only even exists to promote the trial Jury system that was going on in Japan at the time.

>man fucked up by autistic corrupt lawyer gets payback on the latter by beating him at his own game
That was cool
but it did not suit Ace Attorney at all

How is the game compared to Dual Destiny?

a lot better

>the adventure of judge and his granddaughter

a looot worse

> Spirit of Justice
Oh-ohho... did the honeymoon pass already? Didn't you guys put it beside T&T and AAI2 only a couple of weeks ago?

Doesn't his Magatama prevent situations like that for the most part?

he wants Nicks D

nice bait

I'm still waiting for the AAI2 honeymoon phase to be over.

No that's gay

AJ was a mistake.

I'm still waiting for the T&T honeymoon phase to be over.

I'm waiting for the T&T honeymoon phase to be over

As gay as Miles *secret Nick fanboy* Edgeworth.

Wasn't Oldbag supposed to be on the DLC case?

Probably better, but I remember being more wowed by Dual Destinies.

It won't these are actually great.

It'll never be over. The game really is that good

Why was Maya infinitely better in this than in SoJ?

I thought it was time-based (something like 15 minutes after creating the thread you can bump it once or something).

wait WHHHAAAAAT? When was this in PLvsAA? I don't remember Edgeworth being a character at all.

No, that was a skit. They even mentioned in it that she wouldn't be in the DLC case, with the proof being that she was a sprite instead of a 3D model, which meant she wasn't updated to be included in the game

No, it was a joke

Much better. You can examine everywhere again, the new trial gimmick is good, and it doesn't basically tell you what to present if you loop a cross-exam.

It has some problems with flashbacks and foreshadowing things right before they get revealed though.

How good the cases themselves and the overall story arc are is up to you.

He shows up in the credits and DLC

This. Everyone puts them at the top of tier lists for a reason. T&T's character development and characters is unbeatable, and AAI2 is just fucking solid.

He's in the credits and in one special episode.

Here you go.
youtube.com/watch?v=_tvOIQ8Bm5A

It was just a gag for a trailer. Edgeworth banishes her to the shadow realm at the end of it too.

>5-4/5 above 1-4 and 3-5
No.

>Oldbag still isn't dead

The true crime

Ok. I think we can all see how gay is Edgey here as always.

>Final case wraps up every loose plot thread.
>Builds up to the moment Phoenix can stand alone without help
>Literal passing of the torch scene
>Shows he made friends with even Franziska, Godot admits he's a great lawyer. Game ends with the future looking bright, he's spending more time with Maya and Pearl, helping her with her training

>Literally in his very next case he gets tricked with forged evidence and loses his license. Maya and Pearl are nowhere in sight, none of his friends are around, not even Gumshoe

Who the hell thought that was good writing?

Why does a judge need huge tiddies

Oldbag is eternal.
She's in the same eldergod tier level as the judge.

Takumi tried to leave Phoenix out of AJ since he considered his development finished, but Capcom forced him to have Phoenix play a prominent role.

Turnabout Storyteller in High tier? That's some grade A horseshit. Super short, no investigation, it would have fit in well as a tutorial case. You have no connection to the shitty defendant besides that fact that Blackquill would suck his micropenis for some noodles. The characters were nothing special, Ueno or whatever his name is was okay but balloon tits was predictable and not especially memorable, even with that breakdown.

And that "twist" was pretty fucking stupid. I'm not going to say I hated it, but it was dumb.

They could've had the foresight to make everything in Spirit of Justice happen on its own.. with Apollo as the attorney.

I was honestly surprised her balloons were actual balloons

AJ was a huge mistake. That shit shouldn't have existed.

Nothing about the Apollo/Trucy connection is interesting or worth exploring in great detail. They already have a nice sibling relationship, Apollo knows he has a missing mother who abandoned him and doesn't really care about it, they're two different people living very different lives on other sides of the world.

What the hell are people expecting from that revelation besides "Woah, guess I gotta call you big bro now?" Unless you kill off another Gramarye and use it as an excuse to get Apollo invested in the drama it's not a significant character development, and frankly the Gramarye family can go fuck itself.

Spirit of Justice tells a story about Apollo finally coming into his own as an attorney, one who's not just Nick's shadow working at his office, and after all that shit in AA4 about being too inexperienced to change the law he's now rebuilding an entire countries legal system. It's a fitting end for him, and Dhurke was a good character.

The ending kills the entire game. Fuck that shit. Apollo staying left such a bad taste in my mouth that I for the first time did not watch the credits/character epilogues.

Is that why none of the GBA trilogy characters have ANY development from AJ:AA onwards?

they only left him there so if they want to do an apollo spin off they can and if they don't they can ship him back super easily

why do all ya autists care this much about where they stuff him at the end, it's not like he's stuck there forever

So I've beaten the game yesterday, and I don't get something in the last case

>dhurke(channeled by maya) enters amara's tomb
>gets purged by garan
>garan ties Maya back to the chair, and uses Dhurke's clothes from the sarcophagus to fool Inga
>then puts them back

But when we find Maya, she's wearing her own clothes. Wouldn't she be wearing Dhurke's? If she changed, when was that, and where did her own clothes come from?

It just leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. His relationship with Dhurke and Nahyuta wasn't developed nearly well enough for me to be okay with him forsaking Trucy and Athena.

She got purged by Amara, who redressed in Maya's Dhurke clothes.

Ga'ran using Dhurke's clothes was about an hour before.

Ema finally got her forensics job in SoJ, she's a lot different because of it.

Oh, that's right. That probably means Maya's been carrying her own clothes with her all along somewhere or something.

I saw it more as an duty call than a personal choice. Apollo will move back once things in Khurain get back on track.

Ema isn't a GBA trilogy character. RFtA is essentially an DS case

I still hated it. I don't think I can be convinced to not hate it. It came off as them putting Apollo "On A Bus," as the trope goes. They made it sound like Apollo was coming back, then slapped you with the truth. Urgh

This, it's not like he's staying in Khura'in forever.

At least I hope not

If you want to look at it that way, sure.

He literally has his own law office there now. If he ever comes back, it will be for a case as a special vistor before leaving again for even longer.

Next game should have Khura'in get fucking nuked by a neighboring kingdom and Apollo coming back and never talking about it again.

He specifically said GBA trilogy. You're being a faggot right now.

He's too popular to be kept out of the story, and the writers are too cowardly to do so anyway.

I'm more bummed out by the fact that we're probably not going to get Phoenix & Rayfa antics again to be honest.

Then yes, he's right

Of course you hate it.
You did not want Apollo to leave.
I did not want Apollo leave.
Apollo himself did not want to leave.
Yet Apollo did what was the right thing to do. He's a grown man who can handle his own agency and all the 350 unresolved trials. That speaks volumes about his development as a character.

they're not all trials, he's gotta milk them yaks too

>He literally has his own law office there now
So? It's not like he's gonna be the only lawyer there forever. The whole point of him staying there was to rebuild the justice system and introducing lawyers again. Once he's done that he'll be back They won't leave one of the most popular characters out. It's why Edgeworth is still somehow prosecuting cases with Phoenix even though he's the chief prosecutor and Maya was brought back

So now that the honeymoon phase is over we can all agree Dual Destinies had better cases than Spirit of Justice, right?

How's the anime?

>honeymoon phase
When did this shit start? Are people that upset that others like SoJ over the older games?
>can we all agree
This shit is no better than when dumbasses start their posts with "Am I the only one?"

> Apollofag opinion
denied

If you like SoJ over AAI2 or T&T then you have either shit taste or just remember the good points of SoJ more since you just finished it, overlooking the big amount of flaws the game has.

>can all agree Dual Destinies had better cases than Spirit of Justice, right?
no

Reus has one of the best breakdowns in the series, that is a fact

Felt like 6-2 was originally meant to be a bigger case. Dude even has his own sinister theme

youtube.com/watch?v=dEqQ_SqNV3c&ab_channel=StummerGamer&t=0m40s

SoJ is my favourite game in the series while T&T is without doubt the worst one. I don't see any flaw in SoJ that can't be said of other games in the series.

Haven't played Investigations2 yet.

>T&T is without doubt the worst one.
I'm saging this thread just so that people don't have to read that bait

the jury is still out on soj for me but come on, as if t&t wasn't flawed itself

>ad hominen
Nice to see you have nothing useful to say
I don't like SoJ over AAI2 but it's about the same as T&T for me, but that's besides the point. Nobody should really give a shit about what others think or get upset enough to make these stupid phrases like "honeymoon phase".

Does Trucy know who Maya is? It seems weird if they've never met before this game

It's the same faggot who kept spamming about how terrible T&T was in the other thread. Dude has convos with himself

Is the DLC case for 6 long or short?

I think it's implied that Phoenix and Trucy paid visit to Kurain village multiple times between T&T and AJ.

> while T&T is without doubt the worst one

Apollo knew about her, but they didn't meet. It would make sense that Trucy knew about her as well

2 investigations, 2 trials, not particularly long or short

Nice to see you consider your opinion somewhat useful.

>Felt like 6-2 was originally meant to be a bigger case. Dude even has his own sinister theme

Non-tutorial AA cases should feature 2 trial days. I kept waiting for there to be another twist and never got it.

>Apollo's development should come from people like Trucy, one established to be his fucking biological sister
He doesn't even know they're related. Even if he did, it changes nothing. They first met in Apollo Justice and lived completely different childhoods.

One of the most annoying and useless characters in the whole series.

That wouldn't have stained the Gramarye name. She'd just be an innocent victim instead of a murderer. Spite is a real emotion.

It's just as long as the other cases. The investigation was super long and the trial was the second longest trial in the game.

What more can you expect?

>We never notice this in the original trilogy because his legal partners are 19 year old girls and a small child

And his partners in the newer games are a 19 year old girl, some Near Eastern dude, and his adoptive daughter (who's a magician, who makes most of the law firm's money, despite being in high school)

I like the series, but the cast of characters are weird

It's boring an exhausting. Splitting trials and investigations gives you time to breath. The case felt rushed and shallow because of how they did it

Did they design the OST for T&T entirely around the Dhalia cases?

I also felt that way. The long-ass investigation burned me and the trial felt unsatisfying. I really liked Reus as a villain but if the case had better pacing I would have enjoyed it way more.

>I would've preferred for Phoenix to set up shop in Khurain and Apollo to take over Wright's office back in Japanifornia, honestly.

I have the same opinion. The end of Case 2 has Phoenix recognizing Apollo as a capable attorney for looking after the office.

I never really felt exhausted from the trial because I was really invested in it. Though the same can't be said for others. A lengthy trial and investigation can work if they make it interesting enough

6-1 had a decent start but dragged on for too long

6-2's investigation was kinda fun, though a bit long. The trial was pretty good

I was bored with 6-3's first investigation and trial (Rayfa was cute though), but was really into the second half.

6-4 felt like a chore with good banter in between

6-5 was just a wild ride

>we can all agree Dual Destinies had better cases than Spirit of Justice, right?
Fuck no.

That IS one of the best filler cases in the series, but 5-3 was a better third case and Turnabout for Tomorrow beats the shit out of Revolution.

>5-3 was a better third case
you're a goner

I like every AA game but I think SoJ is a bottom three game in the series, easily. It wasn't even disappointing because I didn't expect any good after DD and I probably liked it better... maybe. I just hate 5-3, damn.

this
m-muh connected cases
doesn't help if over half of them were boring and Simon actually did nothing wrong and was still arrested

So do we ever find out how Ema managed to pass the test to become a forensic investigator? She seemed to try to brush it off when asked.

Most people here seem to agree that AA6 is fantastic but still behind AAI2 and AA3. Don't see why you're getting your panties in a bunch.

Can't agree with either, sorry.
I liked 5-3's first half more than 6-3's first half, but liked 6-3's second half more than 5-3's first half.
>and Turnabout for Tomorrow beats the shit out of Revolution.
No, just no. I didn't like either case's villain, but I preferred 6-5's plot and structure. A bit too long though.

>m-muh connected cases
That's not even why people like that game.

>Turnabout for Tomorrow beats the shit out of Revolution
Turnabout for Tomorrow isn't that great
>The whole "Dark Age of Law" thing was more of telling than showing. Even though trials are basically the same before and after it.
>The whole time no one noticed the suspicious guy with a bandage on his hand leaving the crime scene even though he was on video
>This one trial which really should affect the law system in anyway somehow stopped that whole "Dark Age of Law"

Im a games journalist and even i think ops title is the meaningless clickvait shit i have seen in a long time.

Yet v, who supposedly hates that shit, falls for it withh 200 post

>Drunk Athena
Sauce? I need more of this in my life.

>Cred Forums hates SoJ now.
Finally. Now we can get back to the things that matter like complaining about no DGS ever.

>Im a games journalist

that explains why you're a retard who can't read the first sentence (or hell, two words) of the post

Quote 10 posts out of these 200 that are actually discussing OP's subject line

> no DGS ever
Better wait for muh fan translation in like 2 years.

6-3 is leaps and bounds better than 5-3.

5-3 is still a solid case but the villain is obvious from the start and it's weighted down by the "power of friendship" bullshit. It also didn't tie into the overall plot at all. 6-3 had a significantly better twist with it's villain and its story tied directly into the overall plot as it served as the catalyst for 6-5. It's one of, if not the best mid-game case in the entire series. Only 3-2 is close and even still that case didn't tie into the overarching plot like 6-3.

Also
>The Phantom's forced as hell breakdown
That whole segment was fucking stupid

Hello, my mentally challenged friend, is that so hard to understand that that's our regular AA thread, is it?

>Cred Forums hates SoJ now
Not really
>Now we can get back to the things that matter like complaining about no DGS ever
As if we haven't complained enough about that already

Was there ever a team of fans going to translate that like they did AAI2, or is the way they use Japanese in the game to hard to put into English?

I would give every poster but me in this thread a guilty verdict and a death penalty

>>Cred Forums hates SoJ now.
It's just the OP being a retard.

She got Phoenix to forge her answer sheet probably

What shit was on that test for her to be so good at her job but fail consistently anyways?

Fucking science man

But DGS is shit besides Case 3.

Why is Blackquill the best prosecutor in the series next to Edgeworth?

I don't even care about Dark Age of the Law. Athena, Apollo, and Simon make that whole case. just my opinion tho t b h familia

At some point I just lost interest in 6-3. It wasn't bad, but none of the final twists had much impact on me. Dunno.

Disagree t b h. Most of the time I'm pretty cognizant of possibilities in cases, but it didn't hit me that the mohawk dude was the villain until he kept going on about how only he could defend and save your client.

Regardless AAI2-3 spanks both of them.

I still can't believe people like 6-2.

I mean, I understand people wanting to fuck the bunny, but the whole trial besides Mr Reus reveal and his theme was shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=mgeL0iOiJek

It's explained in your own picture

But there were no gimmicks or tricks!

>The whole "Dark Age of Law" thing was more of telling than showing. Even though trials are basically the same before and after it.
This is probably AA5's biggest fault. The atmosphere in AA5 felt like one of the lightest in the series and kept pushing the "Dark of the Age, lying lawyers and forgery is rampant!' angle but the game never actually had characters doing that shit. AA4 was much more successful in that regard, with a significantly darker atmosphere with legitimate forgery and twisted lawyers, yet AA5 had next to none of that. Hell, even AA6 did a better job showcasing a corrupt legal system and you could argue had a darker atmosphere as well.

Still enjoyed the game overall and it had some good twists, but definitely one of the weaker ones.

The bunny/bat and Reus were the entire trial. I don't think there were even any other witnesses except Ema. It was great, and Reus and his fucking theme are awesome. 6-2 is literally the best case in that game. There are no bad characters and the case setup is really interesting.

Reus is literally one of my favorite villains in the franchise, the Magician stance change and the theme, and his LUST FOR REVENGE are fantastic. Combine that with him having the best breakdown in SoJ by far and one of the best in the series. God he's just fucking perfect.

>Generally better than Justice for all

Not really. It has most of it's problems with even worse cases. AJ's only good case is the first one. Afterward it's just downhill from there

>Reus fucks up at his job and gravely injures himself
>gets fired
>"damn you grammarye you ruined my life"
>"better frame your granddaughter who wasnt even born when you fired me for murder just to get back at you lmao"
>"and that means I gotta kill this random fan of mine"
>"fuck yeah I'm so good"
Mr Reus is shit
SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Reus and the bunnies ere the entire trial though. It had great twists, gave some much needed development to Trucy and Apollo, had some quality continuity, and it didn't outlast its welcome. Easily one of the best filler cases in the franchise.

Fixed.

What was so bad about it? I thought it was pretty good. Sure, the investigation dragged for a bit, but bringing back the ability to examine everything made it fun. The witnesses were good, the villain was great and the twist was nice
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=58896749

I think the jump between 2D and 3D fucked it up

>Nobody has ever gone mad after having their chance for success in what they want to do completely obliterated

>expecting a criminal to come back in anything but flashbacks

if you go to prison for anything in PW you are basically executed from canon

I... cannot accept this.

After finishing it SoJ seems better than DD, but for some reason I just couldn't bring myself to care about the last case, as opposed to 5-4/5-5. Apart from the Phantom breakdown bullshit the DD finale was better in my opinion.

Please take a look at this.

Where do you get off waving that thing around?

>AA5 on par with AA3
>AA6 below AA5 and AA1
>AAI above anything

What the fuck?

Reus should've made Apollo's badge disappear

How can anyone be attached to such a retarded character, I don't get it.
Btw you should probably let your shipping fantasies die, she's never coming back, nope, not gonna happen.

>better frame your granddaughter who wasnt even born when you fired me for murder just to get back at you lmao
But the accident was 13 years ago and Trucy is 17
>and that means I gotta kill this random fan of mine
Just goes to show how much of a sociopath he is
>fuck yeah I'm so good
He was actually, he would've gotten away with everything if it wasn't for Bonney's mistake

>What was so bad about it?
2/5 of the case was just an investigation explaining pretty much what you already knew based on the intro footage besides Trucy changing the side where she was supposed to appear.
The next 1/5, now in the trial, was literally just explaining Sad Monk what Trucy just told you moments ago in her testimony.
The other 1/5 pulled a shitty twin twist out of it's ass and instead of having a two faced bitch we ended up with two one-dimensional characters for the sake of plot convenience.
The final 1/5 is the only good part (Reus reveal, behavior, theme and breakdown).

Are you always going around showing off this thing to complete strangers?

AA3's soundtrack is terribly unfitting for the game. It's so dramatic and serious and only really goes well with the final case and Mia's cases

Is still one of the most retarded motives for murder in the whole series.

you're still showing that thing off? Real men show off their police badge

>still one of the most retarded motives for murder in the whole series
Killing a someone's mother because you wanted to kill someone who's already dead, and no, he said that he did it for revenge, not for Maya

>says the man who hasn't shown off anything in the last three games.

Conflicted emotions, nigger.

Godot was basically a walking corpse by then with nothing left and bitter as fuck. Reus was a very succesful business man and even had a fan that loved him to the point that he got as good as him with his magic that wanted to fuck over someone who was already dead and a descendant that had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I'll show you two how a true agent of justice shows his badge!!

youtube.com/watch?v=WFhaRDTCtmg

Here I am! The tragic clown!

>2/5 of the case was just an investigation explaining pretty much what you already knew based on the intro footage besides Trucy changing the side where she was supposed to appear.
And also introducing Johnny Depp and the twins, and it also provided a nice character arc for Trucy and Apollo.

The beginning of the trial also introduces Sad Monk which is important to the story, even if he was annoying. I don't remember all the little details but yeah, the twins reveal was obvious as fuck, but the murder prank and the Reus reveal wasn't. Taking him down felt good after considering just how calculated his plan was

>flashbacks to flashbacks
>flashbacks to moments that literally just happened

My only real complaint about SoJ

Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree on this waifu tier list, right?

Fixed.

Betty belongs in shit tier

Kisegawa belongs in God Tier

>Conflicted emotions
He was fucking retarded, he could've prevented everything that happened but didn't because he wanted revenge. He made things way more troubling that what if was worth.
>fuck over someone who was already dead
Yeah, so did Godot. The difference is that Godot wanted to fuck over one person who didn't have much left in the first place. Reus wanted to fuck multiple people and their fame. Both were stupid, but Godot is pants on head retarded.

The game was like 30% flashbacks when games before were maybe 3% at most

>THAT scene where Rayfa wonders if she's good enough to be queen

THREE
FRESHES

Considering how well they listened after DD, someone should conmplain about the amount of flashbacks it had so they can fix it in the next game
>That Maya and Rayfa scene
>That Buckey scene

Jesus

what about this one?

Case 4's splash image shows B for Bucky, U for Uendo, R for Rakugo, and G for Geiru, forming the word BURG

thanks special english karakuta cards for master shisho

>tfw I just finished the game and consider to be the second best in the series

Will we ever see Gumshoe in another game?

He wanted to both feel like a hero for saving Maya, attoning for his mistake of not reaching Mia in time, and getting revenge on Dahlia by killing her himself, inflicting her pain and frustration by ruining her plan.

>Yeah, so did Godot
Are you retarded? Dahlia was channeled, she could feel pain from dying again and frustration over not having her plan work for her once more. Meanwhile, Magnifi was already dead and no one was gonna channel the old fuck to make Reus drink his tears and the only person he was gonna fuck over was his own fan that idolatred him and a girl that literally had nothing to do with his downfall, even when he recovered and become sucessful.

You must be stupid if you think both are in the same league.

Next game, pal. It's pretty much guaranteed

Fixed

>Reverse Trap
>Shit tier

Perfect

Nah. We all definitely notice Nick is a dick because of all the passive aggressive sarcastic bullshit he keeps on his head. He mocks even his closest friends.

What an asshole.

6-5 was pretty shitty in most ways imo, only "that twist" was really good, while 5-5 only faltered at the very end with the anime shit... though it wasn't so great overall either

No gimmicks or tricks

Yeah he even talks shit about Mia in his head

When are they bringing back multiple witness testimony

shit was pretty hype, reminded me of the nonstop debates

>DR fags

>He wanted to both feel like a hero for saving Maya, attoning for his mistake of not reaching Mia in time, and getting revenge on Dahlia by killing her himself, inflicting her pain and frustration by ruining her plan.
Even more retarded, like I said, he's so hell bent on getting revenge on a dead girl that he murdered his partner and his lover's mother to do so. Dahlia was already labeled a murderer and was put to death, she had nothing left in the first place. The Gramaryes still had their fame
>she could feel pain from dying again and frustration over not having her plan work for her once more
I'm pretty sure Dahlia herself said that once she was stabbed she instantly blacked out, no pain anywhere. Mia did a better job at making Dahlia frustrated than Godot. He fucked over Maya and Misty and as I said before, he did it all for revenge, not for Maya

Nick has no right to reveal anything on his own without Thalassa.

I'd be quite suprised if we don't see him in the next game, seeing as it's almost certainly going to focus on Phoenix and take place in japanafornia.

This. She's the guilty one here. Literally no reason for her to stay quiet unless she wants nothing with her own kids.

So what does everyone want from AA7?

DLC case in Khura'in with Datz shenanigans

I want to cry like a bitch

an actual Civil court.

Good cases, Gumshoe and at least a peek at Apollo's new life instead of him returning near the end while his new theme song "Great Revival ~Apollo Justice" plays

This. Just a non-shit plot really.

Why did Ga'ran kill Jove Justice? I already forget.

I want Phoenix to be the victim in a murder case

sex

More Rayfa, Athena and Blackquill.
Less Apollo, Phoenix and Maya.

No witnesses

Just make up a new story or something.

7 fucking games? Come on.

I thought he was just collateral damage

I want Athena to die

That was the plan for AA4. But then executive meddling happened and they put Phoenix in the story.

AA7 focuses on Athena/Phoenix/Maya.
AA8 is an Apollo game that finishes the Thalassa story.

Eh?.... Dr. Crab what the heck are you doing there?

It's called DGS.

Also
>a series with longevity that has kept its quality and continuity is a bad thing

Top quality taste there.

It's literally impossible for that to happen. You have to be joking if you even think AA4/5/6 are keeping the quality of the first three.

How much would T&T change if Godot went to Phoenix as soon as he found out about Morgan Fey's plan, instead of being angry and retarded?

Nigga the fuck you talking about Ga'ran's Break down was the best I only wish it had voice acting to go with it

Any body got a Gif of Geiru's "Ballons" popping

Can someone explain why Thalassa is so important? She's just a slut that abandons all her children. Why would Trucy or Apollo care about her when they already are independent and have their own guardians? And them being related isn't even important other than they probably won't fuck in the Western versions of the game.

There was literally no reason to tease that shit in the end.

La Miror gave him the go ahead at the end

More Athena and Weebquill dynamics. Nick doing to Europe maybe with Edgeworth so it will introduce new characters and mechanics.

MORE PEARL PLS

>not liking milfs

shit fucking taste

This

>>Incest jokes at beginning of Case 5
Thank AA4, the worst game in the series, for that.

Everything wrong with SoJ can be traced to AA4.

Why is she a midget? Is Mia the only Fey daughter who can grow?

Amara's hips alone should be in good tier

Not to mention the fact that the "continuity" you speak of was forced by execs and not the fucking devs.

Longevity is a curse on the quality of a series, the longer it is, the worse it gets.

>Phoenix and Athena are the stars
>plot focuses on underground mafia trials
>Phoenix has to take down, but also defend the likes of, criminals, mobsters and thieves
>have to work around suspects forging evidence, bribing witnesses, and making death threats
>prosecutor wields a tommy gun and fires at Phoenix and Athena when they try to counter-argue
>the Gramaryes turn out to have mob ties, and Thalassa is being forced to pay her father's debts

>the rabbit fucks
>anywhere but shit tier
>Trucy
>above meh tier

Decent list but you seriously need to get your taste checked out.

> Apollo game
No, God, no more. I can't take it anymore. Make it stop.

AAI2 and AA6 are some of the best games in the series, they're both next to AA3 easily. I'd also put AA5 above AA2 and AA4 on par with AA2, it's not like the Trilogy was perfect.

>we will never have an Rayfa Kurain Dancing Game where you can give her cute outfits

Why even live

She's too cute to grow. Jailbait for life.

Hot damn, she aged like fine wine.

She was and Asshole to Dhruke though and almost let barbed head and horn head burn

In DGS2 if its being made

>18 years old

She was being manipulated wasn't she?

How about reducing the amount of murder plots. There are plenty of ways to take the victim out of the equation even without harming them.

Hell, adding more civil cases might reduce the amount of rehashing.

Are DS ROMs easily accessible and functional now (I haven't touched ROMs in a decade)? Thinking about giving these games a try.

He's one of the best and most developed characters in the series after AA6. Another game starring him would be pretty sweet after an Athena/Phoenix game.

That's why I liked the MaskDeMasque trial, until the 2nd half of course

Yes

Yeah, they're piss easy to deal with. Although I'd buy a flashcart and play them on an actual DS since lying in bed and playing through the series is pretty comfy.

I wouldn't mind a divorce case. It would be funny

A dragon never yields!

i really wanted the 6-5.1 case to be just that, a civil case

i was pretty annoyed that it still ended up becoming a murder trial

But will apparently get himself killed and expect his son to do all the work for him. Some never yielding.

nigga came back from the dead just so his rebels wouldnt give up

Not his fault Inga was a piece of shit.

There was a case in DGS with no murder.

You mean he's the least interesting main character with forsed development and generally a normalfag and a bland and boring version of Nick?

The one character that got the worst game in the series dedicated to him and then tried to ruin the next by simply being in them?

Do you mean having another game with this pitiful mistake of a character would be the worst fucking idea the developers could have?

>DGS spoilers

His might be my favorite Objection since trilogy Phoenix's.

>Still came back from the dead to get shit done
NEVER YIELDS

Did anyone else call Dhurke being channeled by the "dead" queen?

my timing was a bit off though I actually thought he died in the tomb

Am I the only one that didn't like the gallery talking all the time? Why did that needed to be dubbed anyway?

More Phoenix, Maya, Athena and blackquill.
No Apollo, except for maybe DLC cases.

I saw Pearl as the defendant suggested in a thread recently, the way the user described it sounded pretty cool. Something about her in a nightclub when a crime happens IIRC
And on the subject of pearl, she needs to start actually working to get Phoenix and Maya hitched. Been TEN FUCKING YEARS since AA2, she's really dropped the ball on getting that done.

I dunno why he sounds so much higher pitched in the 3DS games. Even Apollo's voice sounds deeper.

Nayuta's Objection also reminded me of EXTRATERRITORIAL RIGHTS

>get Phoenix and Maya hitched

NEVER EVER

DHURKE IS THE HOLY MOTHER

That animation will never stop bothering me.
It's the eyes I think. It looks like he's wearing mascara or something.

Most of the dubbed lines felt pretty awkward, especially the guards.

Dhruke's was the only good one.

Nope, Perl left the idea. Well, good for her, since that wasn't going to happen anyway....ever.

Is there an afterlife in this universe? Or do the dead only have memories of when they're channeled? It's weird, Dhalia only had memories of whenever she was channeled, but Mia seemingly knows most of what Maya knows, unless the plot demands she doesn't. Like Mia just pops up out of nowhere in court knowing all about the case or knowing she needs to flirt with an old man, yet in 3-5 and 2-4 she needed Maya to write a note.

Its not a spoiler, it was straight up mentioned in the beginning of the chapter that the victim didn't die, but remained unconscious.

Mia doesn't follow the rules because she's also magic

Athena and characters like her are too cringeworthy, that's the problem. Whenever she's involved, you simply can't play comfortably around other people.

Too deep user, they just write it in a convenient way every time.

Don't rain on my parade motherfucker.
I want to believe.

The second case just goes on and on and on!

It would be better if the voice acting wasn't so shit. I couldn't take the "Death! Death!" chant seriously because of how fucking bad it sounded.

You know the truth, user.
Never ever.

A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS

There's no reason it shouldn't happen!

Mia's the only contradiction. Channeling is consistent with everyone else in the series, even in SoJ. Only Mia breaks the rules and is seemingly omniscient

It's only a 1 day case what are you talking about user?

> pic

So Dhurke was Papa Nier's voice right? No fucking way it wasn't.

A DRAGON NEVER YIELDS, GOD DAMN IT!

why did you faggots keep bumping this thread

It feels forever.

Just how slow are you going?

If you haven't already you can enable text skip in the options to speed things up

so was I the only one crazy enough to see that coming?

>video game discussion is bad

I see no reason for it to not happen. Without anything that absolutely shows it will never happen, saying "NEVER EVER" seems a bit extreme.

I..am sorry.. Guess you kinda asked for that.
They're like siblings to each other. There isn't a single suggestion that their relationship is any more than that.
Nope.

>Holding hands on the catwalk
>Being called an old married couple

When will they fuck?

Kys

test

Why are you such a faggot?

But Apollo wants to explore Trucys Magic panties...

There is NO WAY this was in the game.

>>Phoenix and Athena are the stars
>>plot focuses on underground mafia trials
>>Phoenix has to take down, but also defend the likes of, criminals, mobsters and thieves
>>have to work around suspects forging evidence, bribing witnesses, and making death threats
>>prosecutor wields a tommy gun and fires at Phoenix and Athena when they try to counter-argue
>>the Gramaryes turn out to have mob ties, and Thalassa is being forced to pay her father's debts
make it so the protagonist is hobo Phoenix and it's a deal

Ofc, it's from the tumblr incorrect citations or smth.

It's not

Of all the things about the Gramayres, Trucy is the second least horrible.

Even Apollo knows her father is a dickhead

What's the first?

Why didn't Apollo send for his gaudy red jacket?

Can't ruse the Reus!

>Lamiroir just fucks off and leaves her 2 children, to never contact them again
>Valant is the biggest cuck in the series, tries to frame for murder to keep the magic tricks for himself
>Zak is a massive dick
>Magnifi is the biggest dick of them all

>long lost gramayre no one ever talked about

im willing to accept a lot of bullshit but even I thought that was contrived

In the beginning she wasn't, it was said she legitimately believed in her sister.

He was too ashamed of it

did you guy's figure out the queen's secret before Apollo did?

I legitimately didn't see it coming and I gasped when I saw where he was going with it

god, child of magic 2007 is so much better than 2013

She wanted to kill her sister. He just happened to be there.

How did Apollo survive is the biggest question.

It's hard to interact with that shit without contrivances. AA4 was not well written.

>5 anywhere near as good as 3
>layton anywhere near as good as AAi2
>AJ as good as JFA
>layton better than AJ
>5 better than 6, 1, AAI, and 2 for that matter'

This chart is a fucking mess.

>She wanted to kill her sister
She needed her alive without anyone knowing she was. Apollo was saved by Dhurke wasn't he?

>AAI being above anything
Decent list otherwise

Sarge and Pearls going clothes shopping.

Operation: Acquire City Uniforms.

the music in that game is top notch desu

Maya's big now too

Well yes, Acro is the most sympathetic villan but his punishment for murder was

>as an acrobat, he cannot use his legs anymore
>his only brother is in coma
>his father like figure was murdered by accident by him
>the bitch that caused everything is getting millions along with the guy that treated everyone in the circus like shit
>to this day acro still in jail and his brother still in coma

Big Top is fucking shit because despite of getting the truth, justice was never served.

It's much better than AA4 on pretty much every front.

Pearl accused of murder. Bonus points if she is in new city clothes.

Wasn't Acro motive's was that the girl all those years still acted like she did nothing wrong?

>it's a "lol honeymoon phase" thread
Just close this fucking website already mook.

In an outburst of anger he planned to kill Regina because she didn't showed remorse, but in the end it was explained that Regina did not showed remorse because she thought Sean (Bat) was "sleeping".

Which is fucking retarded, even towards the end they try to make the player sympathetic towards Regina after ruining a poor man's life and driving him to murder.

But nobody's talking about that anymore

True, she wasn't punished as such, but apparently she was sheltered as shit. Not a proper justification but it's the sort of thing that, if provable, would count as diminished responsibility.

I just started and I haven't even finished it yet, and I like it much more than Dual Destinies.

So far...I feel Spirit of Justice is quite a bit easier tho.

Regina clearly has some sort of developmental disorder. The problem is it's hard to distinguish that from the typical moe uguu japanese girl character.

>still no webm of rayfa getting flustered

We knew the contrarianism would kick in within a month. That's what always happens with a game people like.

It did seem to hint at the end that he'd get a less harsh treatment than the other criminals. That, and with the clear remorse for his actions, the situation, and likely good behavior could work well in his favor of having a light sentence

What I've gathered from my short time at these boards is that Cred Forums hates literally everything

Is SoJ the most romantic AA game to date?

6-3, 6-5, and 6-S are all pretty top-tier/god-tier and they all revolve around romance.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this

That is the typical meme, yes. In reality the aggressive vitriol is just board culture and there are quite a lot of things Cred Forums likes. In fact I daresay Cred Forums likes Pokemon better than /vp/ does.

Trials and Tribulations is overrated as fuck. Bridge to the Turnabout had some good twists but there was no reason for everyone to be so cagey with Nick instead of just telling him what the fuck was going on.

That's just a meme. There are plenty of things Cred Forums likes, just most of them aren't the hottest new AAA title that most sites are raving about.

Way better, WAY better

No that's just thread demographics changes

>When games are not well known, obviously there will be a much smaller number of people discussing it, and it is likely that the majority of the group that discusses it would be fans of the game since it has their attention without being marketed.
But if the game is well known, you would obviously get more people to pay attention it. And that means you get people from a wide variety of demographics to come and judge it by their standards.

>So basically little known games tends to be somewhat of a circlejerk, while well known games is under the scrutiny of numerous different people.

>Obvious as people stop paying attention to the games or when the game gets old, it gets settled down back again to a much smaller group, which more often than not would be the fans of the game.

>This is how ignorant people get the impression of the "Cred Forums cycle" when in reality it is just demographics change in threads

Didn't they give a reason why he didn't tell Wright? He said he really didn't care about Maya herself and just wanted to save her himself to 'make up' for not saving Mia.

Are you kidding me, that's the best thing ever

Now we'll get Apollo games with the divination stuff happening

Khur'ain is such a huge opportunity, it'd be wasted if they made Apollo come back and forget it all

Not as overrated as 2-4.

Thank you based user

Yeah, because he had such an in-depth relationship with Trucy, right?
>hey Apollo panties lmoa
>i am blandly annoyed by this
>hey Apollo vague incest shipping
>i am blandly aroused by this

More Apollo and Khura'in as a whole

Here, I took out the 'when it's out' over AA6.

DGS2 has already been announced.
It's an NX game

He hated Wright and that was more important for him than protecting Mia's sister.

He went on with the plan to protect her, sure, but most important of all, getting his revenge on both Dahlia(killing her again) and Wright(defeating him in court and making him feel useless about defending Maya)

TL:DR Godot a shit

Most anything but this

I don't get it - what can a jury do that a judge can't?

All they had to do was tell Maya and Phoenix about the plan. Pearl would have listened to them telling her not to follow the letter

Instead Godot and Misty caused the whole plan to happen. At least Godot admits this, Misty was just a retard.

>it's an NX game
>we won't get a fan translation and ROM of DGS for at least another 2 or 3 years
>we won't get a NX emulator for another 3 years after it's launch
>yfw we won't get DGS2 until 8 years from now

Well to be fair, Misty doesn't really know who Phoenix is. She can't really trust him with her daughter's life.

Even if she did tell him, she couldn't have let Godot know he was part of the plan since he wasn't in the main hall with them. It would have ruined the entire plan they had to counter Morgan's.

It wasn't just Godot. If Misty had just told Phoenix or Maya that there was a murder plot afoot they could have kept tabs on Pearl or prevented Maya from going and avoided the whole thing in the first place. They already knew Morgan was a piece of shit.

I wasn't a fan of it when it was first revealed but did SoJ's Pursuit theme grow on anyone else?

youtube.com/watch?v=QV1B7oDbC-k

I really like it now. Seems faster than Keep Pressing On and has a good "gotcha motherfucker" feel.

when I listened to it with headphones, yea

The 3DS speakers are ass

That's just speculation. They announced DGS2 with no specified platform, and no specified release date.

but it is a confirmed game

It's literally eurobeat so I love it, the Variation version is better though. Also notice how the the video version has a longer intro?

>Machi
Pretty safe to say if she can get away with it, she'll drop a kid.

Did anyone feel sorry for Dhalia? Sure she was a piece of shit, but she had no chance of being anything else since her parents were also pieces of shit

I think Morgan was an even bigger piece of shit than her and it's sad how we never got to cause Morgan to have a breakdown

I mean Iris managed to not be a piece of shit

Iris turned out alright, if a bit of a doormat. But then I guess being raised in a monastery will have a pretty big impact.

I mean but Iris lived the same but wasn't a bitch.

Besides she killed two men, her sister, put Godot in a coma, tried to kill Phoenix, Maya and was in some way responsible for Mia's death.

Why do people want Iris to get with Nick so much? I mean, she was nice and all, but she's really fucking boring. She's a generic side character through and through.

best waifumind

Iris had Bikini to raise her, Dhalia stayed with the greedy father

>and was in some way responsible for Mia's death.
Dhalia had nothing to do with Mia's death. She was pissed that Mia died before she could kill her herself.

Redd White is solely responsible for her death. All things considered, Mia had a pretty lame death for her role in the series. Always wondered if they'd change her death if they could remake AA1

Probably because she's the only character in the franchise who's shown any outright romantic inclinations towards him, so you take what you can('t) get.

Yes but Dahlia said that she conviced her father to "dispose Iris in a Temple" when they were little, meaning she was a bitch back in the day.

She's one of the best girls from elimination, they already had a relationship and honestly after the ending on AA3 I'm surprised Trucy wasn't Phoenix and Iris' daughter.

>one of the best

Sure, if you go for boring nobodies. I swear, if she didn't have positive feelings towards Nick, none of you would even remember her.

I mean I guess not but Godot did say that if it wasn't for Dahlia putting him in a come he would've stayed along Mia's side, avoiding her murder, you know, that's why he hated Phoenix and all.

>She was a major part of the most loved case in the franchise and the ending of the game had Phoenix and Iris having mutual feelings for each other. Even Maya picked up on it immediately after seeing the 2 together

durr why do people want her with Phoenix

Because she's really nice, cute as hell, and one of the few characters in the franchise who isn't an over-the-top caricature. She's a good fit for Nick, and frankly she's the only one who'd have even a chance in the running against Miles

Yeah but she's still boring. I'm glad they didn't use her for more than one game.

The thing is that the whole case doesn't work without Phoenix having feeling toward Iris, considering how much she did to both Wright and Mia, he could've simply said 'fuck her' and let her root in jail, but even after the suspicion of her being actually Dahlia he accepted to defend her.

Also Pearl hitted Nick so hard his nose bleed because he was checking her out, meaning Phoenix probably did felt something for her. Also 3-5 is one of the best cases so of course people would remember her anyway.

Get innocent people convicted and let murderers go free because they go with emotions rather than fact

>DD finale above 6-5 and 3-5
That was the most forced final case I've ever played. Focused on a really shit character and a really good character but had one of the lamest villains and devolves into shonen shit at the end. Really hated that case.

>"Cody is just a kid Phoenix use soft language but be firm"
>Presses the kid to tears in the middle of a court room and destroys the image of his only role model
Yeah, he's pretty evil.

Yeah, that's the popular opinion.
It's also retarded. The villain was brilliantly set up throughout the whole game, and if the payoff was a little over the top then that's nothing new. Gant was struck by lightning, Kristoph had a retarded demon face on his hand, Atishon was some Persona shit... dunno why this one particular breakdown triggered you more than any of the others.

>No weak cases
>Bursting full of cute lolis
>I've never wanted to fuck men before this game
>Dat soundtrack
>Perfect end for the Apollo trilogy
>Fucking transformation sequences
It's not as 10/10 as T&T but I gotta say this is the second best AA game
(No I haven't played AAI2 yet)

Cody isn't really a kid, though, he's a brain damaged adult. No sense mollycoddling him.

youre thinking of Owen

I dunno why, but
>The Steel Samurai didn't win
is one of the first things that comes to mind when I think of AA1.

>OST
>DD had anything to do with Apollo

Are you retarded?

Because it felt way too forced compared to the others. Specifically that part in the related pic. Remove most of the retarded friendship wank and the Phantom would have been much better in my eyes.

I appreciated that the nostalgiabait case that shoved in Larry, assistant Maya, Wright v. Edgeworth and the classic investigation>trial>investigation>trial formula as a DLC case instead of it being a part of the game.

But when a detective burst through the crowd of cops surrounding the building, i was genuinely expecting gumshoe

also the butler actually did it

6-1: Short prologue section outside of the courtroom followed by the longest first case trial in the series
6-2: One long investigation followed by a long-ass trial
6-3: Two investigations and two trials but they're two different cases with the same defendant. The first day also ends on a guilty verdict.
6-4: One very brief trial. Feels like a tutorial case.
6-5: A civil case and one medium investigation followed by a long-ass trial
6-DLC: A standard case format

Why was Spirit of Justice's format so different?

I bet you also think that Dragon Ball isn't worth watching, and that the lore begins with Raditz showing up.

I just skipped straight to Z because that's what all my friends were into.

I was pretty surprised to see how long the first case was. The villain of that case even ended up having some significance in a later case, too. Not something that I would've expected

To shake things up. Case 3 was so long and Case 5 was even longer that having the nice minicase breaking up the foreign affair was extremely refreshing, especially since it was traditional courtroom setting with Athena and Blackquill.

Or rather, why couldn't Kristoph have been convicted by a Judge?

I feel like it's because they know the formula well enough that the feel comfortable playing with it.

Redpill me on DGS.

I knew everything that was going to happen before it happened with every other case then apparently became retarded for the last case and every twist that should have been obvious surprised the crap outta me.

The first 3 cases have the tone of a 1st case
The game's only purpose was to start the new trilogy, but they didn't have any idea how to do that

The best example of this game being nothing but set-up is pic related

They appear for one scene, say nothing of any importance, and then disappear forever
They don't even have any fucking names

>Nahyuta is the first lawyer to get a legitimate guilty verdict on a defendant that was actually 100% innocent
This isn't like 2-4, where Nick was coerced, or 4-4, where Nick was tricked into presenting forged evidence. Phoenix got BTFO when he was trying his best.
Sad Monk doesn't fuck around.

But are the actual murders and trials fun? I could give less of a shit about overarching plot.

It doesn't work as a standalone game. The main cast is great but the cases are mostly extremely bland with questionable pacing. Nothing gets resolved, but the plot is intriguing so DGS2 has good potential.

>But are the actual murders and trials fun?
Nope.

Case 1 is a 1st Case
Case 2 is fucking awful
Case 3 is good
Case 4 is pretty bad
Case 5 is okay

It just feels unfinished overall
But Sherlocke's Deductions are fun, so I guess there's that

Why not? This is Takumi we're talking about here.

Why is Case 2 bad?

6-1 needed to be long to introduce Khura'in.

Two cases in one episode isn't new for the series, it happened in 3-2 for example.

6-4 wasn't that much shorter than 3-4 honestly.

6-2 being one-day definitely surprised me. I wonder if they only did that because of added tension from the office being potentially repossessed.

6-5 was the big finale, and Ace Attorney has had like seven of those, so they needed to change up. The second trial also had some plot reason to not go on for two days.

On that note, what did everyone think of the big father/son adventure that kicked off the last case?

> On that note, what did everyone think of the big father/son adventure that kicked off the last case?

I thought it was a good way to set up the big ol' gut punch that was Dhurke's actual status.

I didn't think it felt that forced. You get to see Apollo slowly warming up to Dhurke, climaxing with that scene in the cave, instead of just immediately jumping on his dick. We need to thank based Paul for making such a thing possible.

If he killed Trucy he wouldn't have ruined the family name. He had to frame her.

Trucy is untouchable because loli sidekick. Much as I'd like if she were permanently removed from the franchise, it was never going to happen.

The only thing that really grinds my gears from this game is how Reus makes NO sense. Why did he have to kill Manov? Why not just off Trucy and get it the fuck over with? 6-2 was ass. A tricky, gimmicky case utterly devoid of magic.

You expected something good from a case related to the Gramayres? You poor deluded fool.

It's kinda depressing how bland and unfinished DGS feels, I would even say DD had a bit more going for it even if it was one of the weaker games and had a fuckload of railroading.

t.guy who can't look two posts up
Kill yourself, Gramarye scum.

Because he wanted to tarnish the Gramayre name. Killing Trucy wouldn't tarnish it, it would just end with a positive opinion on the public's mind. Framing Trucy for a murder be it per-meditated or not would make the Gramayres look either incompetent or just murderers

>Kill Trucy in a way that makes it look like she messed up a magic trick
There. Gramarye name tarnished forever.

>make the Gramayres look either incompetent or just murderers
Do they really need help with that though?

"The poor girl"

>make it look like she was also trying to kill Manov before messing up and dying
NOW they're ruined.

Apparently, because people still go to Trucy's show.

She doesn't do anything that puts herself in harms way

What the fuck was his problem?

All the games have railroading, though.

Atishon mind games too stronk

Honestly, they should have just named it this or just "Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice" instead of just tying PW to the title again.

Problem is, no one would buy something that visibly styles itself after the festering tire-fire that was AA4. They had to sneak it in.

Nick's name sells. It was a decision fueled by money.

I was honestly hoping they would use the Trilogy release as an excuse to fix the title system to be more like Japan's and then use that system going forward. Remove Phoenix's name, add numbers.

It still had Nick's silhouette.

Case 2 was alright, it was just the 4th case that was garbage. The rest were pretty meh with the exception of 3 which was good. Well, the first case was easily better than 5-1 or 6-1.

See you next thread, fags