Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pOKkMFJPf6I
fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_quests
metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-3
metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-new-vegas
youtu.be/K-6ySiSzm7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>you can't bang the best girl

Waifufag subhuman degenerate daughterfucking heretic throw yourself in a lake with cement shoes.

>implying

delete this

It's best game ever, but it could be better.

>tfw no Ciri centered DLC

>best game ever made
>with the worst combat ever made

I enjoyed everything but the combat.

Wish they decided to go to an entirely different direction.

(you)

you NEED to STOP

I enjoyed everything but the story.
I don't understand what's so unique about it really.
But I wouldn't consider this to be the best game ever made.
People who say this sound like they were born in 2000

>typical thebull94 response
(You)

no

>not skyrim style hold down left click
>have to apply proper oils to weapons against specific effects
>deep herb crafting system
>neo-Cred Forums says its a shit combat system

s-stop

so I literally just started, and I feel completely lost- Is that normal?

I am supposed to find a griffon.

It's just, the menus make everything so needlessly complex. I have a metric shit ton of crafting supplies...will I ever use them? should I sell them?

You will need them for the witcher gear. You don't need to really craft anything else besides the witcher armor and swords but beware it takes a lot of materials to craft them.

yes,take your time too,enjoy it
hoard em and forget em

Don't sell your crafting supplies. Ignore them and the crafting menu for now. There's nothing you need to see in the menus right now except your Journal and the Inventory.

Journal to keep track on the quest you're on and Inventory to keep track of your gear and potions.

If you're having trouble fighting a type of monster, read the bestiary entry. It's good to do before you do a contract as well. The alchemy menu is more important later for crafting potions, but if you just started you can pretty much ignore it. The game guides you into using it anyway.

There's nothing to really feel lost about. Where the inn and message board is is basically your center of operations. If you're lost to where to go, look at your map and ride down every road to what look like settlements. This will be your primary method of exploration, you want to find as many signposts and points of interests as you can.

i keep bouncing off witcher 1 at the beginnning of chapter 1.....should i start 2?

Should I really play this? I played it for about 4 hours but the combat and user interface was just unbearable. Does it get better or can I just watch the story online?

isnt this the mod that switches the models of the brothel whores with the main women of the game?

>playing a cinematic game with subtitles on

absolutely disgusting

The combat is serviceable. You can have a moderate amount of fun if you invest heavily into signs but the game is mostly about the plot and dialogue.
It gets way better when Geralt finally finds Ciri.

> combat and user interface was just unbearable
I dont know what to reply to this. If you played thousands of hours of some other games that did those things better and you really cant accept it, dont bother.
Most people would just go "yeah all this makes sense" and enjoy.

reminder that ciri isn't a witcher and the empress ending is canon

People who complain about the combat of Witcher 3 have only played the game on Easy and Normal difficulty. On those difficulties, it's literal button mashing.

If you pick harder difficulties you actually have to use your whole kit at your disposal, brew potions before fights, oil your weapons, maximize the usage of signs and plan everything ahead

Give it another good push, but if the game can't keep you hook, move to 2.

objectively the best waifu

>A literal cheating hunchback cuck

top kek

Next you will say Triss is Geralt's canon waifu.

But Witcher 1 is amazing. Just play it.

Four hours is barely enough to get pass the tutorial area if you 100%'d it. Did you even do the Blood Baron questline?

okay i will give it one more try and hope i get into it.

oh btw
buy the temerian armor from the merchant you save
then nilfgardian armor at crows nest
then skellige armor in...skellige...castle
move on to witcher gear after that

Not when she is all tarted up like a slut. Anyway, witches in the Witcher universe (books at least) are ugly girls who use magic to change their features to look attractive.
Shani is best gril

By the time you get to the Skellige armor you will already have witcher gear that is better.

The first two chapters can be a bit slow, but just bear with it. Things pick up considerably from chapter 3 onward.

It took me three tries before the game 'clicked' with me, but once it did it was fantastic.

You have to agree that movement is shit if you don't realise there is an alternative movement option

All the witcher girls are sluts. Even Shani who literally fucks Geralt about an hour after meeting him.

the Witcher 1 is amazing, I hope 2 & 3 live up my expectations

2 and 3 will easily live up to expectations, though 2 might take several playthroughs to truly appreciate.

Are there any good looking lighting mods for TW3 or should I just go vanilla with texture/LOD mods?

Stop making threads about this shitty games
There's a board dedicated to autistic losers who can't stop talking about the same thing
It's called /vg/, now fuck off

Nope.avi

my bad i was only looking to get ursine in my last playthrough

Ciri is best bae in all of vidya, how can any of the others even compete?

considering it's lineage
will cyberpunk 2077 be the best game of the current decade?

>gril
>with that jaw
That's a man isn't it?

how come?

Anyone see that random ghost ship.

Two reasons.
A forking path choice at the end of the first act let's you experience one of two different second acts - each telling essentially only half the story.

Also, the game plays like the movie Memento if you've seen it. Something happens in the very beginning of the game that is not unraveled until the last 10 minutes of the last act (even though you're given snippets over the course of the game). If you've already played The Witcher 1 you might be familiar with this delayed gratification feeling, but The Witcher 2 is a prime example of a game that doesn't hold your hand at all. Characters, places, events are all mentioned regularly in conversation with no exposition.

Might be.

I'm doing a fed ex quest (trying to gather people to defend kaher morhen or whatever the fuck its called). quit and never played again, can't be fucking bothered to travel to places when I can't fast travel from the fucking map

bull shit game im glad i pirated it

you should get out more senpai

Didn't bother with the games after hating 2 when it came but the books are pretty fucking good, judging by both the non series ones I've read so far.

what the fuck

Which side is best experienced first in the second game? That one time I played it it made zero sense from start to finish and I can hardly remember anything about it, so is one choice the "first half" while the other is the "second half"?

Is there any way to make this political fantasy jargon comprehensible?

You can get on your horse and be at a map marker in between 30 seconds and 2 minutes max. You seriously played 40 hours to this point to drop it?
You realize you don't need to even recruit everyone, right?

2 is complete irredeemable garbage.

I'm sorry user

i played 15 minutes of it and didnt like it

The Iorveth path should be played first otherwise the dragon will make no fucking sense.

Roche path first - but you'll hate it the first time around. Then Iorveth. Then Roche again.
You'll want to import the Roche path to TW3.

As for understanding it, it's fairly simple. Familiarize yourself with all of the four main Northern Kingdoms and who their kings and major players (advisors/sorcerers) are. Also know who Nilfgaard are, and their relationship with the Northern Kingdoms. That's pretty much it.

Casual

isn't even fun on a basic level
combat isn't fun, finding items isn't fun, exploring isn't fun

cdpr can't make games. make the same game 3 times in a row and it isn't fun one time.

Meh, it's ok but Fallout 4 and Far Cry are better.

>make the same game 3 times
Thanks for admitting that you didn't play any of them.
Your opinions are discarded.

>>Roche path first - but you'll hate it the first time around. Then Iorveth. Then Roche again.
>You'll want to import the Roche path to TW3.
Jesus this sounds like a second job. Is the story that fucking mindblowing that it's worth all this busywork?

>playing through the witcher 2 3 times

what is wrong with people

people here who don't play competitive multiplayer games honestly cannot be trusted

>>Roche path first - but you'll hate it the first time around. Then Iorveth. Then Roche again.

That's not some graphic glitch but they legit added a harmless ghost ship somewhere in Skellige? Absolutely beautiful.

sorry :(

She'll be in Cyberpunk, maybe as a recruitable companion or something.

absolutely

That quest takes literally 10 minutes tops if you've already done all of their sidequests and just fast travel from the sign posts.

>bland and boring nvidia showreel
>based on a tier-3 slavic book
>pure teen male power fantasy
>best game ever somehow

huh, didn't see that coming

goddamn, geralt is too powerful. pulling down ships into the water like it's nothing

How the fuck do I make money for the Grandmaster armor

I do a shit load of sidequests, all of the contracts, sell every weapon and armor I find to their relevant vendors and by the end of the main game I still only had about 20,000 crowns.

A full set of mastercrafted and the viper armor from HoS only costed about 7,000 crowns to craft. Then I get to B&W and the Grandmaster sets cost about 35,000 and that's not even including the swords. How the fuck do I make money?

Wasn't even the best ARPG of 2015 or the best Witcher game, desu.

get out anita, you're getting paid to shitpost, just not on this site

The books are pretty shit honestly

Pretty poorly paced and written

Andrzej Sapkowski realizes this and is anal that the game will always be better then his books

>Current decade

May be next decade

>based on a tier-3 slavic book

I will fucking find you

No hes just an idiot. no one needs to play the witcher 2 more than twice and even that's debatable. Anymore than that is pure autism. If youre only gonna do one playthrogh pick Roche. Iorveth path is non-cannon to witcher 3.

You cant deny the book is really not the best written

The english translation is sort of bad, but I can read Spanish fairly well.

Honestly after my full playthrough of the game and all the DLC's I still barely had enough money to make one full set. I have absolutely no clue how you're supposed to afford multiple sets without cheating some way.

I started reading the books because I wanted a reason to choose Yen or Triss in W3.

All I've taken away is that Yen is a rancid whore that is undeserving of anything more than being dumped in a vat of acid.

Fuck yes

My problem with the combat isn't the oils and planning, that's super cool and I like being Monster Hunter levels of prepared.

My problem is that Geralt controls like he's half paralyzed. No person actually moves like that.
I died to Nithral because Geralt figured, instead of hopping away from the hounds like I wanted, he'd just go and 360 noscope Nithral's barrier with his fist.

Not to mention the god awful fucking lock on.

>target ghost
>it goes danny phantom on me
>target switches to a ghost halfway across the room
>original ghost teleports behind me and hits me

>has not read the books

Yen is a bitch.

Yen might be a hunchback, power hungry bitch but she is quite literally Gerald's soul mate.

That isle of mists sequence was pure kino.

1 was better.

>All I've taken away is that Yen is a rancid whore that is undeserving of anything more than being dumped in a vat of acid.
so you've only read TLW, huh?

really good animation work there. no one actually believed ciri was dead but I'm sure a lot of people still got teary eyed. as a bookfag I sure did.

>Witcher 3 is the best game ever
>Even though it's worse than Skyrim in virtually every conceivable regard

Sorry Polak shills

I'm in the middle of Sword of Destiny right now, she's pretty bad.

I don't know why Geralt insists on trying to be with someone who regularly attacks him because she can't control her emotions.

Fuck off, "Angry Joe" Vargas.

>trying this hard

Well I suppose you earned a (you)

i know you are desperate for (you)s so have mine, but next time don't be so obvious

Pissed-off Pablo

because he loves her though he can't properly emote

keep reading.

Get off your high horse faggot.

It was a great game but the main quest was severly lacking after novigrad.

>i'm just responding to let you know how NOT mad your comment made me

Every time

the main quest was shit in Novigrad

Velen>Kaer Morhen>Skellige>Novgirad>act 3

Can't quite agree, Gothic II is still better.

this

Wouldn't say Novigrad and Skellige plotlines to be better than the already shit last act though.

youtube.com/watch?v=pOKkMFJPf6I

I found a random flying chair once

>implying that's not a witcher from the chair school learning how the aard works

Post more Ciri, you fucking fags.

>really good animation work there. no one actually believed ciri was dead but I'm sure a lot of people still got teary eyed.
THIS. I knew that there was no way that she'd be dead, but the moment still got to me.
CDPR did really great with the facial animations and, well, everything.
>Geralts face when he tells Yen, he doesnt love her anymore.

I know this is a Witcher 3 thread but my toaster isn't ready to play it yet so I'm rereading the books/replaying 1 and 2. Is there any reason to play Order of the Flaming Rose in 1 if I skipped out on it the first time? Planning on making Triss my waifu for the first two games since I picked Shani the first time.

>Is there any reason to play Order of the Flaming Rose
Do it for Siegfried. But do remind him of what is right and what is wrong, the order isn't everything.

See

Quite literally sub human. I bet you like my little pony too.

>the most shallow combat ever, literally two types of attacks + useless rolling ones
>whatever you do you're stuck with same shit for 120 hours
>same enemies for 120 hours
>quest design is literally following red shit, there are maybe three quests free from this "mechanic"
>ruins the lore and characters
>game focuses on shitty characters like Ciri instead of Emhyr, Radovid, Iorveth
>most of the choices are completely out of character
>polish VA is terrible except Gaunter and Dandelion
>"comedy" for midschoolers

You guys seriously think this is game of all time? The industry's dead then.

Also I love how you shamelessly shill and praise this game like it's the second coming of christ and defend yourself with shit like "thebull94". The Witcher's community was fucking great but now it's close to reaching soulsfags' levels of retardation and delusion.

Pozdrawiam wszystkich Polaczków.

>Witcher 3 goes on sale
>Cred Forums invaded by polish shills

like clockwork

Witcher 3 was a mistake

>I wish that I could turn back time

Some folks actually prefer Shani?

The hoe was literally flirting with the bandit ghost.

She even kissed him. Probably would've fucked him too.

You realize these threads are just falseflagging for the sake of creating more shitstorm around the game? Ever since it was released, we've been having the same threads with the same shitty collages every day and now we got falseflagging threads.

I genuinely think it's one of the best games of the recent years and yet I cannot take any threads that starts with "Literally the best game ever made" seriously. I'd enjoy discussions about this game I like but it's not the purpose of these threads.

BEST GIRL RANKING:
1. VES
2. SHANI
3. PHILIPPA

W1 sucked dwarf cock

>Triss
fucking witch bitch
>Yen
fucking kingslut bitch
>Ciri
pure and lesbian

Shani is the only right option

>Philippa

Played it on hardest for the most of the game (got bored at one point and decided to drop it and just rush to the ending) and it's still pretty boring, since it's so fucking easy to dodge most attacks and you don't need to worry about your attacks not connecting, because they always will as long as you're in range.
>brew potions before fights, oil your weapons
You need to brew the potions only once, since they replenish after meditation, and you'll be using the anti-undead oil for 90% of the fights with monsters.

I found the best way to enjoy the comabt was to mod the camera to move it closer to Geralt so as not to see everything around you and also play with a balanced build instead of one focused on just one talent tree since the late tier skills are completely broken.

So this is going to be an odd question, but anyone know what the highest impact/ lowest noticability settings are on the witcher 2? I have a shitty pc and haven't been able to beat the game because of performance issues but would love to beat it to play the witcher 3 (own it on a console)

you need to seriously consider suicide my mane
any incest with the exception of mother/son is pure cancer and anyone who helps spread this degeneracy need to be put down in the streets like the dogs they are

>The best game ever has average gameplay

This is current year

I played on the hardest and the combat was literally

left click left click dodge left click left click dodge get hit anyway for no reason reapply armor sign left click left click dodge

It's trash.

>DoD and TF2 are GOAT

>no more witcher threads like there were in 2012 and before.
it hurts. it really does.

No Witcher fanboys are pretty bad..check out their subreddit

>reddit
no thanks.

>combat of rolling and 2 attacks
Exactly like Dark Souls then

One of the better games from the past years. 8/10.

DELET

Poland was a mistake

>1. VES

>whore's herself out to save her life instead of dying with some honor
>BEST GIRL

I just finished it today.

Lmao what the fuck was that ending

>do a dumb dungeon
>last minute characters intrdocuted that are supposed to be important but they don't really say anything
>have a final "battle" which is just really walking down a linear path
>kill eredin and caranthir, there's no satisfaciton in any of this because they didn't even have character or dialogue lines
>ciri wanted to face the white frost at that exact same time people were dying to protect her, not later or earlier
>ciri saves the world everyone lives happily ever after

This really chepened the game as a whole

Yr fuckin dumb bro

Witcher 3 fanbase has shown me the error of my ways, I will never discuss this perfect 10/10 masterpiece again

>see these user scores that anybody can make

Steam User Scores (have to confirm that you own the game) >>>>> Metacritic user scores

maybe you should focus on school until you can learn how to type.

fuck off you dumb piece of shit, just fuck off

>1% variation in a sample size that has a 30% difference.
>a significant value
choose one.

>damge control
>Witcher shills

It's ok, i'm sure Poland will make something semi-relevant one day and not only be known as the literal leeching niggers of Europe

What games do you consider good then?

>Below average gameplay

Not him but:

Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
New Vegas
Dark Souls + Bloodborne

All surpass Witcher 3s gameplay in virtually every regard.

You sure proved me wrong

>coming towards the end of the latest dlc
>get to the point where it says if I go on I will fail some sidemissions and it can't be undone
>decide to not continue and to do the sidemissions
>check journal
>like 50 fucking billion sidemissions to do

Fucking slavshit devs reeee

BG2 yes, unless you're talking about combat only; in which you're a fucking idiot.

I disliked witcher 1

>Like Dark Souls and BB
>doesn't like Witcher because of combat
>the combat is literally the same
Wew lad, the cognitive dissonance is real

why are you playing RPG's if you hate optional objectives, but are autistic enough to care when you fail them?

I love the fuck out of New Vegas, but it's clunky as fuck with almost zero challenge even with J Sawyer.

It's honestly more about cool builds than playing it, and it's pretty much identical to the Witcher in terms of quest quality, but Witcher 3 blows it out of the water with visuals and presentation.

I'd genuinely say New Vegas is a 9 while Witcher 3 is a 9.5.

witcher fanboys are delusional scum

Played it for literally 20 minutes before uninstalling

I do prefer New Vegas to the Witcher, though.

On objective terms I think Witcher wins, however.

>ad hominem
Still can't explain the cognitive dissonance of liking the same style of combat in one game and not another, eh laddy? It's ok, I didn't expect a SoulsBorne fanboy to be able to :^)

Burned out on it. Was funat first but man does it get repetetive. Thought Witcher 2 was better desu, I found it a lot more noel, surprising and exciting... kinda feel at a loss when I see these kinds of threads, what did I miss? Dandelion, eurgh... also geralt is easily one of the most boring characters in the history of film, gaming, art, anything... am I missing something?

no

Witcher 2 was better

The story in this game is ass

I'm talking overall and for what BG2 is (Isometric RPG), there is literally nothing wrong with the combat.

>combat is the same

Take Ludwigs Holy Blade for example. A single weapon with 15+ movesets.

Take ANY weapon in the Witcher 3. All perform identically, all are one handed, no skill factors (i.e STR to two hand the weapon), and all have a total of 3-5 movesets.

-Heavy attack (3~ hit combo)
-Light attack (3~ hit combo)
-Can't even dynamically alternate between heavy and light attacks in a natural combo
-Only 1 offensive spell

That's what gets me about Witcher 3. It's a game revolved around a swordsman and the swordsman is so pathetically basic, limited and outright simplistic that it makes me wonder what the fuck CDPR have been doing for 3 whole games.

Nioh's combat would have been a PERFECT fit for Geralts style and it would have had the needed depth/variety that a game of Witcher 3s size needs.

I love New Vegas as well but i'm not talking about the combat.

I'm talking about the RPG elements, New Vegas completely dwarfs Witcher 3s "watered down to below Skyrim levels" of Role Playing in sheer mechanical depth.

All of your governing stats play a part in frequent speech checks. Replayability is off the charts with the absurd amounts of playstyles, faction combinations and builds that you can use.

Calling New Vegas a 9 and Witcher 3 a 9.5 simply tells me that you value style over substance, cinematics over actual mechanical depth.

I like Witcher 3. It's just overrated beyond belief around here, probably because it's made by a Pro-PC developer which sits well with this primarily "PC masterrace" focused board.

she looks better without scene girl raccoon makeup

>because it's made by a Pro-PC developer which sits well with this primarily "PC masterrace" focused board

No it's not

>downgraded the game for consoles after lying they wouldn't
>didn't release mod tools after lying they would
>xbox ONE owners got a better special eddition than PC owners

>bone owners got better SE

Oh shit, are you telling me that the people who actually have to buy the game get better shit than PC faggots who just pirate 99.99% of their games?

You faggots are literally worse than SJWs.

All you do is bitch about shit you never intended to buy in the first place.

Give me just ONE thing that Witcher 3 does better than New Vegas not related to obvious things like visuals (One is a 2010 last gen game and the other is a 2015 current gen game).

Just one.

Here, i'll list the things New Vegas does better

New Vegas:
>Builds - fuck loads of build variety
>Factions - Fuck loads of factions to join that drastically alter playstyles and role playing potential
>Exploration - Exploration actually has a purpose due to the loot not being level scaled trash
>Story - The story is damn near unmatched in how flexible it is and replayable. Where Witcher 3 gives you a linear plot with minor deviations you have New Vegas that gives you drastically changing Main Storys depending on the factions you side with
>Dialogue - Skill checks are constant in this game, Perception, Guns, Intelligence, all open up new dialogue options with subsequent branching narrative routes that also add to replayability. Compare that to Witcher 3s equivalent of Axii that appears a total of 5-10 times in the entire game
>Roleplaying - Want to be a Legionaire? An indepdendent Bounty Hunter? A loyal NCR troop? An evil mass murderer? Go ahead. Now try to apply the same level of role playing in Witcher 3, "Do you want to be a grey haired, scruffy voiced, neutrally aligned spellsword? Or how about a grey haired, scruffy voiced, neutrally aligned spellsword?"

There is not ONE thing that Witcher 3 has over New Vegas as far as RPGs go.

Not ONE

thank you for correcting the record

>White People

>Assuming

>tfw its my first bait and people responded

I'm so happy

>HR over DX
>NV over FO2
>D2 over DOOM
unforgivable.
>I'm talking overall and for what BG2 is (Isometric RPG), there is literally nothing wrong with the combat.
then I'm agreeing with you. BG2 is superior to TW3, the rest were not. I still don't understand retards trying to compare souls games and the witcher series. both have a very different focus on design.

/thread

I like Witcher 3 as much as the next shill guy, but you fucks make it damn near impossible to discuss the game with how inflated you make it seem. It's a terribly simplistic and watered down RPG that simply has a very well written cast of characters that has had me hooked since Witcher 1.

As a game? It's not even close to being the best game of all time. That's why you guys never argue the Witcher 3 on its gameplay merits and always resort to "muh GoTYs", "Muh Userscore" and other ad populum based rhetoric. You fail to separate the fact that Witcher 3 has a special place in your heart because of its characters/story/world and not because of its "riveting" or "innovative" gameplay.

Heres a (You) for all that hard work

b-buh muh baron, muh side quests, muh gaunter

Everything except the build variety is an extension of the fact that the Witcher is a guided tale about a character who has an identity and character while New Vegas is a more traditional blank slate character creation vehicle.

They're fundamentally different to the point where the comparison is strained, but I'd still say the character-driven sidequests of the Witcher are "better" than the outcome-driven quests of New Vegas.

Plus, yes, if you're being objective, presentation matters and isn't a contest.

>The rest are not

See Give me one measurable and objective thing that Witcher 3 has over New Vegas as far as RPGs are concerned.

Just one.

It's ok, I didn't expect an argument. I don't think anybody expects arguments from Witchershills around here.

>D2 over DOOM

Nigga, it's LITERALLY an upgrade. Everything Doom has, Doom 2 has more of it.

>but I'd still say the character-driven sidequests of the Witcher are "better" than the outcome-driven quests of New Vegas.

Subjective opinion that is irrelevant to me.

Give me an observable gameplay mechanic that Witcher 3 has over New Vegas.

I gave you around 5 observable gameplay mechanics that New Vegas has over Witcher 3, build variety, replayability, dialogue depth (skills checks), all are observable.

If you want to stick with "muh graphics" then fine, that alone tells me everything I need to know about the strength of your argument.

DELETE THIS
E
L
E
T
E

T
H
I
S

MUH WOBBLY TREES
MUH WAIFUS
MUH GOTYS
MUH POLAKS

Etna and Rosa? Agree

>deep herb crafting system
Mang that was Witcher 1
Alchemy pretty much sucks in 2 n 3.

Pole shills like to bring up muh baron a lot ignoring the fact that the rest of 9/10 of the game is fucking ass, with only 4-5 well developed characters

BUT THE BARON WAS LIKE BAD AND HE FELT BAD ABOUT BEING BAD

WHY DON'T YOU AGREE THAT HE'S THE MOST INSIGHTFUL AND WELL WRITTEN CHARACTER EVER MADE!?!?!?

>tfw you don't get any (You)s

p-please stop

I can't stand having my views challenged...

>Fuck loads of factions to join that drastically alter playstyles and role playing potential
absolutely false
factions change jack shit except the ending slideshow

>Exploration actually has a purpose due to the loot not being level scaled trash
Same in witcher since you can't grind enemies for levels (unlike NV, I might add)? If anything this is a win for witcher

> New Vegas that gives you drastically changing Main Storys depending on the factions you side with
Slightly different slide show and different quest branch at latter 1/5th of the game (all of the quests take place in the exact same place btw, still need the platinum chip, the factory, all of it).

>Skill checks are constant in this game, Perception, Guns, Intelligence, all open up new dialogue options with subsequent branching narrative routes
straight-faced lie. There is not a single thing you can pass with a dialogue check that you can't otherwise do by shooting someone or abusing the bad AI. This adds absolutely nothing to the quests btw, nothing is carried over.

>roleplaying
roleplaying means playing a role. It doesn't mean self-insert. Playing a pre-determined role is a different kind of role-playing and you're fucking stupid for comparing them

0/10, I took the bait if this isn't pasta it should be

This

People like to pretend that the entire game is Velen quality but it's not, it pretty soon turns into a generic AAA title, and it progressively gets worse.

>BUT THE BARON WAS LIKE BAD AND HE FELT BAD ABOUT BEING BAD

Kek'd.

I'll never get the fuss over the Bloody Baron quest line. The Crones is what made that quest line epic, not the shitty Baron.

good opinions honestly

They ruined the crones when you come back for them.

All that build up for nothing

name a well-developed, non-one-dimensional character in NV who isn't defined by some singular tragic past

just one
I'm waiting

GOAT

I HAD TO FIND

>MOLLY

>see this huge Tree visible from everywhere on the map
>in constant wonder and amazement what epic shit is gonna go down in that tree
>you kill a bald elf on steroids who has no character and no lines

BRAVO CDPR

>factions change jack shit except the ending slideshow

Except for entire quest lines?

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_quests

Why are you literally lying? If you side with the Legion your entire quest lines are changed and effectively cancelled out? Same with siding with House who forces you to destroy the Brotherhood, you lose another entire quest line.

I'm going to stop reading the rest because it's already painfully apparent that you've not played the game.

The fact that you're outright lying speaks volumes in itself

>if you side with Legion this somehow doesn't affect the NCRs questline

Play the game m8.

This is why nobody takes Witcherfags seriously. Whenever you try arguing against others as to why "your game is better" it becomes painfully apparent that you haven't played many RPGs, especially not the ones you actively argue against

Am I the only one that thinks this game is pretty meh? The combat system is fucking horrendous.

Nigger, have you even played New Vegas? Virtually everything you've said is a flat out lie? Skill checks are in virtually every major conversation in the game, there's around 10~ occassions in Goodsprings alone when it pops up and how the FUCK does siding with the NCR or Mr House "do jack shit" in regards to the main quest?

Holy shit, I knew Witcherfags were casuals but I didn't know they were this clueless.

Mr House.
Marcus
Caesar

Read the post I replied to, nothing changes about the ROLEPLAYING and nothing changes about the PLAY STYLE

you get new quests, big fucking deal. All of the branching questlines are painfully short (I'm talking 3 10-minute quests), you're still railroaded into all of the exact same shit endgame

W3 does the same thing with the baron questline, the dandelion questline, etc.

This.

I absolutely loved the open world, it didn't feel too cramped, it didn't feel too empty, it had huge ammount of detail

I didn't mind the gameplay it coudl have been more diversified but I had fun as long as you don't do hours and hours of straight combat

The story ruined this for me from being an all time favorite. I cringed a lot more than I thought I would have. I was expecting something beyond the typical video game tripe, and the game delivered at first but then it fell apart

STOP

>Read the post I replied to, nothing changes about the ROLEPLAYING

What? How the fuck is siding with Legion (homocidal maniacs) not different to siding with NCR (a democratic military unit trying to bring peace)?

Nigger stop back peddaling, you've been exposed as somebody who's likely parroting insults thrown at Fallout 3 and wrongly using it to characterize New Vegas.

Try playing the game, what you're saying is just horse shit.

>Siding with Legion or Mr House changes nothing about the role playing

Play the game and stop shitposting

>combat in souls and Witcher is literally the same

Holy shit, you witcherfags will say anything to defend your precious polish shit.

Why do people criticize games they've clearly not played?

>siding with Legion over NCR chanes nothing about the roleplaying
>going completely indepdendent of all the factions changes nothing about the roleplaying

>D2 level design
nah.

Because TW3 is the best game ever

Try to disagree and polacks will
a) Ask what games do you like and spam smug reaction pics in respondentów
b) say something about dark souls or whatever
c) call you thebull94

Marcus
Caesar
The entire Think-Tank
Daniel
Lucius
Yes Man
Benny (aside from the voice acting his character is interesting)
Antony
Chief Hanlon
James Hsu

Kill yourself, Witcher shill

Just a reminder.

Fucking Benny is a better villain than The Wild Hunt and Crones. Benny.

So is this game worth spending about 19-21 hours installing on my 600kb\s Australian internet even though I already have a bunch of games to play?

This made me really miss Gothic.

You people belong in the containment thread on /vg/. It's a shame BioWare deleted the BSN.

What about it is even remotely similar to Gothic?

>all this cookie cutter shitposting that is typed out the same exact way, spouting the same memes and buzzwords over and over
you don't actually think you're fooling anyone, do you?

You'd have to read the books and play previous games

The Witcher 3 is literally MGS4 of the Witcher series

Also bland gameplay, muh mature writing and shit like that. Don't bother unless you're the type of guy who digs games focused on the story and "based" characters.

>obsididrones once again prove they are even more insufferable than witcherfags

every thread forever

NV was broken for an entire year. An entire fucking year, you literally could not complete 20% of the game, before they finally fixed SOME of the problems.

All of the DLC is lukewarm at best. Each can be completed in under 2 hours.

Not to mention it's piss easy, ugly as shit, and extremely imbalanced. All semblance of role-playing is thrown out the window when you can max all your stats at 100 with 3 intellegence.

metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-3
metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-new-vegas

Sorry you can't enjoy things like a normal human.

>more insufferable than witcherfags
>some user criticized TW3
>Witcherfag deflected asking about his favorite games
>Witcherfags started making fun of New Vegas
>Obsidrones absolutely BTFO them
>Witcherfag gets mad and uses metacritic as an argument

>WHY DON'T YOU LIKE WHAT I LIKE

>piss easy
>extremely imbanced
>all semblance of role-playing is thrown out the Windows

Sounds like TW3.

I don't know, i'm impartial because I love both games but all I saw was:

Obsidirones
>Used facts and mechanics to further establish and reinforce his narrative/point

CDPRfag
>Literally lied and insulted his way through the argument

I like both games but the other faggot claiming that factions changed nothing in terms of roleplaying in New Vegas was just talking complete bullshit

fucking Day of Defeat?

it isn't even a top WW2 shooter, honestly. and I love me some bolt-action rifle gameplay

Holy shit this thread is the most cancerous thread on Cred Forums right now. The Witcher 3 is different from Fallout NV even though both have similar origins (as do all rpgs). I have played NV and am playing W3 right now and I'm enjoying each immensely for the things that they, separately, focused on and did right. Most of you guys claiming to have blown the fuck out of the other side of the argument just sound like children grasping at straws.

Medieval guy in the desert. The differing landscapes in Gothic 2 and 3 were pretty damn comfy.

The only ones who seemed insufferable were the Witcherhsills.

Obsididrones posts:
They list out their arguments in a clear and concise manner with minimal (or no) shitposts/insults.

Witchershill posts:

>Resorts to outright lies, insults and metacritic

this level of autism guys

>I know how i'll refute your point of Witcherfags acting more obnoxious and insufferable! I'll do it by insulting you!

You sure proved me wrong. Pro tip, if you're going to argue Witcher 3 being "the best game ever made" then prepare to actually argue it on its actual merits and not just default to insults.

>Complaining about autism on Cred Forums
Jesus Christ

I was told that I should skip the first game because it controls like ass. I have tried playing 2 but the combat turns me off, and the plot isn't really drawing me in (I'm in the town directly after the prologue still, after you encounter Iorveth for the first time). Another friend told me I should just skip to the 3rd game, that's what he did.

>How the fuck do I make money for the Grandmaster armor

Store everything in your stash, only craft one set, and then sell everything in Blood and Wine were merchants will finally offer you decent prices on your stuff.

Blood and Wine pretty much fixes things. On one hand Witchers always being dirt poor is what the books and games say should be happening, but on the other hand the economy of the game really fucks you in the ass.

I preferred the way the first game handled it where you could keep yourself afloat through dice poker and there wasn't such a massive difference between weapon and armour tiers. Like the Mahamanan Rune Sihill and D'yabel were great and Arondight was the best silver sword but the game wouldn't shit all over you if you were rolling a triple red meteorite ore sword and a triple moon rune silver sword in the final chapter either.

The English translations are woeful, in part because they're written so flatly. The phrasing is very boring and a lot of the Polish jokes don't even make it. I read some Polish fan translations and they were way better, they'd do shit like put in footnotes to explain stuff like Torque the devil saying goodnight in The Edge of the World was riffing on a Polish idiom; "where the devil says goodnight" means "in the middle of fucking nowhere" and so on.

If the story is drawing you in then I probably wouldn't bother playing Witcher 3 since that's it's main selling point

The only one that fails if you haven't got to it before doing Night of the Long Fangs is the Warbling Knight.

Everything else just gets put on hold until you deal with the vampire swarm.

Much like said,if you don't like the story in two then you wont like three to be honest.The combat in three is better for sure but the way story and narration is told doesn't change.

The problem may be that I am a completionist so I was trying to do the side quests first, should I just go for the main story quest? I was doing the troll one and had to resort to a guide because it was so convoluted.

> They'll never be English versions of this

youtu.be/K-6ySiSzm7c

I know people shit talk the English books but I enjoy them immensely. The audio books are pretty great and I like Peter Kenny's Geralt slightly more then Doug Cockles version.

So Cred Forums, which potion system did you like the most
>Witcher 1, alchemy ingredients fall into categories, are consumed on use but last all day, can be used in battle but only carefully/with quen up
>Witcher 2, alchemy ingredients fall into categories, are consumed on use but last five minutes and have to be used in a safe zone
>Witcher 3, you need specific ingredients to make potions, but you get them on every rest and drink them like water
Personally, I like that W3 gives you more things to think about during combat, but like W1 rewarding you for planning ahead by making everything limited and really good. W2 potions were abject shit.

Nitpick: Potions in Witcher 1 had set durations.

Of the three I liked the Witcher 1 potions the most. Toxicity felt like it mattered more and the interaction between Albedo, Nigredo, and Rubedo was neat. I liked drinking an Albedo Cat or Wolf then following up with a Rubedo Tawny Owl and a Nigredo Swallow, that sort of thing. Being able to experiment and find new combinations (or benefit from prior playthroughs and spam good potions like Wolverine early on for boss fights) was also nice.

Having tiered potions in 3 was kinda interesting but really I'd have rathered get the original system back. 3 also desperately needed to have you re-craft potions for use, with alterations to ingredient gathering and alcohol availability to re-balance it too.

All day may have been a bit of an overstatement, but most of them have lengths of 8 game hours which was, at least for me, way longer than the couple of quests I'd do before hitting another bonfire

brehs... why didn't bloodborne win more awards? Is it because it's not as good?

You're a bit l8 m8