ITT: Moments in video game that made you go "what the fuck was so hard about that"

ITT: Moments in video game that made you go "what the fuck was so hard about that"

Ornstien and Smough. The only thing I'd heard about the game was how horrible these guys were and how I'd ragequit, but I took them out second time. Still not a walk in the park or anything, but there really isn't anything about them that makes you that mad. Maybe if I replay DaS I'll kill Ornstien first, maybe that's where the challenge is.

Me too also beat them the second time with the help of sunbro. So easy only scrubs on Cred Forums think those two are hard.

the last boss in that game

once you learn what to do i remember it being pretty easy

if you don't know what to do it just shits on you

The entirety of Zelda 2. The modern fanbase is a buncha screaming casual waggling cucks. The NPC's tell you the secrets, otherwise you have all the tools to find the secrets. The combat is fair, it is not clunky, and there's a lot to do despite the games age.

you probably faced them 4 years after the game came out

prepared, read a bunch of shit

probably over level 40 with a decent weapons

maybe even summoned

it was hard when the game came out and everyone was getting shat on

The Dragon Zombies aren't horrible, but they are a jump up from the previous boss in complexity and health. Most of the bitching you hear is just people who are unprepared or who don't have a decent grasp of the card system.

They're really more tedious than difficult since you spend the entire first phase of the fight getting one hit in and then running away for the rest of the hour

>or who don't have a decent grasp of the card system.
or who didn't spend an hour grinding something out with

>using help
That's why it was so easy you casual fuck. Though it's not too bad alone either.

lol hit this candlestick that disappears in five seconds for a 1% card drop rate lol

Thats why I just use the card glitch anytime I replay the game.

Adramelech was the boss that gave me the most trouble.

Canary Mary.

Either I am a good button masher, or I fell under the AI rubber banding sweet spot

Is this bait?

Tbf they royally kicked my ass in like 30 seconds the first time I went up against them.

Too bad Harmony of Dissonance overcompensated by making the bosses far too easy.

The zombie dragons arent that hard. Just a slow fight as you can really only get few shots at once unless you are doing a magician run and you wreck them with the Thunderbird summon

Beating Yggdrasil the first time you fight him, in Tales of Symphonia.

I'd read it was optional to beat him so I figured he'd be impossible but literally no one in my party died once.

Found him by accident. I knew people said it was the hardest boss of all but he died after spamming summons for a while.

Had worse time against the final dragons or even that one pirate, probably because I was underleveled.

I can safely say those Birdman Fuckers are legit bullshit, but everything else is fine.

Blood Starved Beast.

Replaying Metroid Fusion. As a kid, all the bosses gave me tons of trouble, but especially Yakuza and Nightmare.

But then I come back to it as an adult and breeze through the entire game in just a few hours.

Yes, plebbit, it's bait.

You can cheese Dracula with Thunderbird and potions almost as easily as you can cheese the dragons with the cross.

Son, the fact that you actually got to FIGHT Fokka birds automatically means you're better than 99% of this shitty board.

Killing Ornstein first is the easier way imo

Conceptually the spider boss in the game shouldnt be that hard. But I always die at least twice.

I actually had more trouble with the normal one.

Not that guy but I took em out on my second try as well and I played at launch.

Don't be a fag

This guy, but I may have been over-leveled or something.

The first round is easier that way but Super Smogh is more dangerous than Super Ornstein just because he doesn't have a massive fucking blindspot like Super Ornstein does.

I thought the flaming dog was what gave everyone trouble? The dungeon where you lose half health makes a lot of things oneshot you at that point too.

I gave up on Death Mountain. Huge difficulty spike IMO

I finished Fusion for the first time recently and I really don't get how anyone has any trouble on the spider boss, what's supposed to be hard about that?

Nightmare was more of a fucking pain because of his tiny ass hitboxes than anything else. Once you figure out where you need to shoot him it's fine.

He is but I heard the headless BLB was supposed to be really hard too.

as i said, once you know what to do it's easy

don't act like you didn't read that shit before you did it

I totally forgot that there was a boss named Yakuza.

This guy
Then again I was doing a Str/Faith build and found out later he's super weak to basically everything but hexes

Capra's still the only boss that's killed me more than 5 times in the Souls series
Took me like 20 deaths before I just went back and upgraded my shield to tank the first 2 seconds of the fight. Once you get past that it's easy to just kill the dogs and take him out.

To be fair, do the names even appear in the game?

Every boss in GS is easy if you spam summons, but anyone that wanted to have fun with the class system and use the oddball classes get fucked because this guy just whores djinn storm.

Headless BLB is a hell of a lot easier because he doesn't do the fucking grab

Champion Gundyr, Nameless King, Soul of Cinder

I just used charge 2hr2 of astora greatsword and they went down in a couple hits

Just stay in the center and hide around the brazier.

This man speaks the truth: I always just pop shield and jump and run past them.
I don't really think it's bullshit, though, since you have the tools to deal with them at that point.

If you don't know that you can escape the grab, it does like 3 or 4 energy tanks of damage

Plus I played it for the first time when I was like 8 and I was too retarded to not get grabbed, much less escape the grab

The Water Temple on 3DS

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN at a short distance, so that Smoke can actually see and shoot at the guys on top instead of staring at the carriage from three inches away, you feckin' eejit, CJ!

Wrong side of the tracks on San Andreas
I did fail it the first couple tries so it is a little tricky, but it doesn't really take long to find the sweet spot you need to stay in. After two or three tries I could do it completely consistently, but people act like it's this incredibly frustrating mission you need to attempt a million times, and it's not.
Those were the fucking flying missions.

>Trying to get (you)'s with this weak ass bait

>be a pleb
>suffering throughout pretty much anything the game throws at me
>dying again, and again, and again
>get to blighttown
>everybody warning me of how this point is a leap in difficulty that will rape my ass as I've never seen before
>get through in a relatively short time, including Quelaag

Sen's Fortress was much, much tougher for me.

the most retarded boss design in Souls games EVER (after 4shits).

9.0 on KI:U.

Only difficult when I was using sub 5* weapons since the game became a damage sponge galore. Once I got 6* weapons it wasn't too bad, then it game average as fuck once I started getting 6* with 6-8 Overall Defense.

I'm surprised that most people didn't take the "back" way into blighttown first

>take the master key, since it's obviously the best starting item to a blind player
>thoroughly explore firelink and discover the lower path to new londo ruins and valley of drakes
>just run past the dumbass cave ogres
>follow the breadcrumb trail of enemies and items to the nearby bonfire
>beat Quelaag as soon as you're powerful enough

I didn't even beat the gargoyles first on my first playthrough, backdoor to Quelaag isn't some super secret bullshit like drake sword

Ragelopes in Etrian Odyssey 1/2.

Wait, there's another entrance that's not through the ogres?

Evidently most people got to Blighttown and Quelaag through lower undead burg and fighting the Gaping Dragon, although the area is completely optional

All of Dark Souls was like this for me. I'd heard fucking litanies about how hardcore and difficult this game was and all, and then it turned out the AI was broken somewhere in development and fails to do anything 90% of the time if you circlestrafe.

And don't even get me started on enemies and bosses randomly running off cliffs to their death. The game has literally no redeeming qualities outside of the alleged difficulty either. Glad I pirated this piece of shit.

>Flight school and following the damn train in GTA:SA
The took a while but never was it even remotely hard.

ALL the boss of metal slug..

These guys are piss easy if you have any kind of magic equipped or if you're a tower shield scrublet.

If you're zweihanding/crest shielding and you have no magic, then they're absolutely brutal. It comes down to your build.

currently getting rekt by this boss fight. it's not even that hard it's just something stupid happens every single time.

Can someone explain what is so "hard" about this guy? I beat him at the third try.

They nerfed white fatalis to the ground in 4U, I still never leave my guard down tho, just in case.

Yeah it was sooo hard back then with iron flesh making you invincible and the butterfly shield shooting death

Oh man that's such a fucking cool design

If you have a bow/decent magic you should be able to take one out from the outside of the fog door

probably my favorite boss ever. it was hard but not unfair and if you kept moving and stay focused you could do it even without leveling a lot. there are probably strategies to beat him easily but when you're unprepared it makes for an epic fight

In what difficulty? Normal and hard is easy.

In that specific pose from that specific angle it might look clever.
But in motion it would be retarded.

This, although until you find Super Ornstein's blind spot, he is nightmarish. Once you do though you go "wait I spent 20 deaths on this guy?"

Same here with mario 3. Super mario world was a lot harder.

All the bosses in that game were fucking garbage.

I hear people complaining about him but I found the fight to be really easy.

This and also Alma in Ninja Gaiden Black

>Cross

Every boss in that game is a tedious pain in the ass if you don't have the cross.

Awakened Alma for me, I thought she was easier than Alma

>Playing Chrono Cross for the first time
>Remembering constantly seeing this guy is rage worthy boss threads
>Prepared to get walled
>The game literally hands you an Element that completely neuters him right before the fight (Diminish)
>Fight is completely trivial

I genuinely don't understand how this propagated as a difficult fight when the game gives you the tools to cheese him right there

you know it's true

He's really only hard in a lvl 1 crit mode run

And that's because he's the first boss that can't really be button mashed against. He has a lot of spacing attacks, and abilities that go off even when he's being hit, meaning you have to actually time your attacks. Unless of course you're not playing on crit, in which case the damage you take is meaningless either way. but then that's true for almost every boss

Nightmare of course.
All you need to do is run diagonally while bumping him. His hitbox doesn't even hurt you.

Nobody uses debuffs in JRPGs.

OST and world are redeeming. Gameplay is broken to hell though.

Amelia in Bloodborne. One of the easiest bosses.

>I didn't even beat the gargoyles first on my first playthrough
You have to. They're guarding one of the bells.

I had trouble with Sans, but I beat Undyne the Undying on my second try. Regular Undyne (because I had no idea I had to run) and Mettaton I found more difficult, honestly.

This jesus christ

I had a saw cleaver, threw fire paper on it, and she fucking melted. I don't even think she used the heal move people bitch about more than once, and it was piss easy to knock her out of it and out damage it. I find her easier than Cleric Beast honestly.

>inb4 y-you used an OP weapon

She was piss easy with the axe, threaded cane, and the fucking Kirkhammer too.

Also the Twin Princes in DS3 were pitiful as fuck too and I beat them third try without a big issue. Lorian's attacks were a joke to dodge as long as you hugged his ass the whole time.

I consider dragonslayer armour to be the hardest boss in the series weirdly though.

i literally used a zwei not even max and a crest shield with mid roll and killed them on my 3rd or 4th try with 4 estus' left since i didn't know you could upgrade bonfires.

lmaoing @ur lyfe

the lightning looks better on your image than in the actual game, is it possible for me to achieve something like that in my game?

VtMB when youre fighting the sheriff and he goes phase two
The only hard part is those gangrel assholes that endlessly spawn so you need to keep killing/stalling them while you unload on the actual fight, but it shouldn't be hard to beat if you made the smart choice of maxing out ranged to 10.

4kings aren't even close to being bad.
in fact it bugs the crap out of me that the common way for most people to beat them was to tank it when all you have to do is stay close to one and dodge every slow attack they try to hit you with.