People at Square Enix actually thought this looked cool and not retarded as fuck

>people at Square Enix actually thought this looked cool and not retarded as fuck

That FF 7 remake can't come fast enough, we'll need it to wash the taste of this garbage from our mouths.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GD7FgY2OhhI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think it looks cool and it is nothing new nausicaa did it too

>I think it looks cool

Yeah, and your taste is clearly lacking

Yeah I'm sure that remake won't be disappointing at all.

>your taste is clearly lacking
>coming from a person that likes FF7

chingchong bingbong, faggot.

>take multiple contradictory styles from different historical eras
>mash em all togetha like a bad fanfiction
>baby you got a stew going!
>weebs eat that shit up

The fuck happened to Japan? They used to be creative.

The fact it'll be using actual good character designs and a story that proved itself means it'll be good. XV is a travesty, with garbage boring character designs and a crappy story and shit combat. Seriously, watch some gameplay videos, the combat is pathetic.

It does look cool.

Why is he wearing plate armor if guns exist?

>being this made over a game he wont even play

Go get laid or something, you seem to be frustrated in many ways.

That does look retarded as fuck.

The best are the japanese police cars

>Implying they won't butcher the story with compilation faggotry

Its japanese steel plate folded over 50thousand times for superior strength and makes it bullet proof

Because the people designing the game are creatively bankrupt and have shit taste.

Looks cool to me, and I'm an FF fan who has purchased every FF game so I'm really the only one who matters in this conversation.

Even FF7 story butchered won't be as awful as FF XV story.

Man, nothing says fantasy setting like a good ol trip to the local gas station!

What's wrong with it?

DEUS VULT

I really like everything quite well, except for the helmet.
I'm getting a Templar type feel to it.

It's a robot.

That's super old. Probably not in the game anymore.

Yeah, FF7 didn't have cars and guns with armor and sword-wielding warriors.

Oh, wait a minute...

You know gas stations were in FF7 too, right?

You can always spot the fags who have never played an FF game before.

He probably paid for the helmet using American Express. I know I always use American Express for all my armor purchases.

You underestimate how hard they can fuck it up then. Also you don't know XV's story yet.

>all fantasy must be the same tolkien shit regurgitated billions of times

FF 7 was a futuristic setting, and didn't have modern day shit with monsters and medieval crap slapped in just because.

Because Final Fantasy.

Yet it took place in Texas

You don't like real world references huh?

What the fuck aesthetic are they even going for? This is the same game with the cool futuristic looking car that you have 0 control over right? Now suddenly theres 1920s cars? Knights in armor with guns? Why is the MC a goth emo kid from high school?

What in the ever loving fuck are you doing Japan?

>it's fantasy, it doesn't need to have any consistency in themes or be coherent at all aesthetically!

I bet you're the kind of person that thinks all games should have raptors in them because dinosaurs are so random and cool, like your sporkXD

>FF 7 was a futuristic setting, and didn't have modern day shit with monsters and medieval crap slapped in

Actually...

>I don't know what fantasy is please rape my face

Looks cool to me.

What's wrong with it, seriously?

>Man, nothing says fantasy setting like a good ol trip to the local gas station!

Hey look it's another faggot bitching about FFXV who doesn't know shit about Final Fantasy.

your move faggot

I don't understand why people shit on the setting. It's literally one of the only interesting parts of the game. They actually have the guts to take the age old question of 'well, if it's been however many thousands of years in this fantasy world, why has nobody advanced?'

Except it did have a modern setting with people using medieval weapons and monsters everywhere.

Don't forget the Cuban city

I think the boss in this area is Scarface

The theme is "Fantasy based on reality" so it is consistent.

Prove you've played them then?

Because either you're lying or you're retarded, as what you're bitching about applies to every single FF game.

It's probably a flashback scene.

Who the fuck would wear knight armor if modern guns are a thing? They'd just punch a hole straight through the armor.

>inb4 but the armor is magic

Yeah so what's stopping them from making magic guns that shoot through the armor anyway?

xv-kun pls

FFXV is doing nothing FF7/8 didnt do already

huge downgrades

It's retarded because if a fantasy world did advance, why the fuck would they still be using knight armor then? Look at real life, do you see French Legion or Great Britain's army running around in full knight armor with rocket launchers and ak 47s? Do you see the Chinese army wearing traditional chinese ancient armors with their guns? How come US soldiers aren't wearing old style colonial outfits?

>They used to be creative.
FFIV was way worse than XV when it came to mixing anachronistic things together and that was back in 1991. Sure a few things can be excused because they involve aliens but there's still a bunch of other weird stuff. Even in FFI the strongest boss in the game is a robot.

There should be a law against this kinda shit.

>that draw distance

Holy shit.

Because it looks cool

It's doing it worse, least those games were aesthetically coherent.

Nomura's version looked cool because it had clear themes and had actual art direction going on.

Tabata's version is an ugly clusterfuck frankenstein.

I wonder how Nomura feels about his "fantasy based on reality" idea being shit on by Tabata?

>Man, nothing says fantasy setting like a good ol trip to the local gas station!

Fantasy just means that magic is the primary theme/plot element. Fantasy is not restrited to only Tolkien quasi-medieval horshit, faggot.

>get proven wrong
>m-muh xv-kun

japs? creative?

>yeah mister Regis, magics, bitch!

Really, Square?

>The fuck happened to Japan? They used to be creative.

Yet you're bitching about their creativity? You're literally complaining that they aren't following a long established mold that's already been done ten trillion times.

That's not a downgrade, the people in that town are disembodied spirits that fade in and out of view

I've seen better creativity on DeviantArt desu senpai

>good character designs

PffffffFFFAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

OMG LOOK FANTASY!

creativity isn't everything

Oh really, post some of this better creativity then.

FFXV has some really dedicated shitposter. Damn.

Are you expecting a fantasy world that advanced to modern standards, to suddenly lose all its magical wildlife?

This looks sick

>Wedge portrayed as a fat piece of shit in FF7
>Wedge portrayed as an even fatter piece of shit in FF7Remake

And all was well with the world

>modern Final fantasy

The enemy kingdom uses swords and other melee weapons to fight, guns are outlawed.
>They'd just punch a hole straight through the armor.
A melee weapon will also either bash the armor in or pierce the wearer through the joints. Armor has never been a 100% foolproof defense, it's meant to mitigate damage and bodily injury to the wearer.

Yes, that is fantasy.

Remove yourself from existence.

The whole guy is made of armor. There is no flesh.

Better than this gay looking shit

And even more dedicated eople that reply to all of them everytime

>FF 7 remake
>implying FF7 is going to be any better
HAHAHAHAHAHAH

what kills rpgs for me is that your character can soak up hundreds of bullets but one slash with a sword kills.

No, I expect their advancement to modern standards to make sense, not soldiers using modern weaponry and old ass ancient medeival armor.

Magic imbued or some special magimetal alloy. You're seriously gonna question this in a universe with magic? Really?

>guns are outlawed.

They're outlawed in europe too, doesn't stop muzz from getting them and killing people

guess the people in FF XV are too stupid to circumvent a gun ban lol

>all those regular normal looking people in the back
>protagonists up in the front with spiky hair and gay as fuck clothes

I don't get the meme for hating on this. People post screen shots that look perfectly normal and act like its the worst thing ever. Shit posters are trying way too hard with this one.

>Hating ff

>He had to make another thread because he wasn't getting any (you)s in the other thread
Do you really have nothing better to do?

Both images are poorly composed and have shit for color.

heh

It's authentic to japan. in Japan store clerks look normal, while the shoppers all look like gay jrock band members and jav stars

Do you? Cause it clearly works

>shrink their polygons in a cartoonish fashion
>LOOK THEY'RE LITERALLY WITHERING AWAY GUYS SO COOL
Is death magic the stupidest shit in this game?

By your retarded logic if I take an artwork of medeival peasants and slap a mothership in the picture, it's now sci fi

They're not even people, they're robots underneath, it's probably ceremonial as they are the common, civilian model.

>guess the people in FF XV are too stupid to circumvent a gun ban lol
Sure, that's why one of your party members has done exactly that.

I didn't say it wasn't working, it's just pretty pathetic.

t. XV-kun

you have to some kind of major autism when you get this bothered by genres trying to mix things up.

m-muh fantasy setup doesn't follow my real life logics.
It's somewhat belivable that the armor provide some protection against bullets. World has magic and sword fighting is still a thing. Now please keep nitpicking the design.

It looks cool.

Noctis gives him a gun when they leave, you shill.

>It's somewhat belivable that the armor provide some protection against bullets.

Send a US marine back in the dark ages with an assault rifle, that knight armor aint' gonna stop no damn bullets

It would be actually, sci-fi isn't restricted to a certain time period either.

>World has magic and sword fighting is still a thing.

Here's a setting with magic and sword fighting, and it actually makes sense and doesn't look retarded as fuck

>That FF 7 remake can't come fast enough, we'll need it to wash the taste of this garbage from our mouths.

It's just gonna fill it up again.

This is how you do Space Knights right

>Current year bugfixing skills

Not that extreme, but wasn't there a movie about Cowboys and Aliens?
You go from spaghetti western to sci-fi, just like that.

So you don't like modern fantasy settings, but you're fine with FF7?

What the shit is happening there

middle ages art is my favorite science fiction setting, it's better than star trek

>nitpicking - looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, especially in order to criticize unnecessarily

>Newbie gets a power sword and the Captain gets stuck with a shitty chainsword

kek

Im sorry user but those armor designs look silly.

So you agree with me then. I've responded to you in kind and I'm being called a shill.

>magic spell in an rpg having a stupid glitchy looking effect is unimportant

>and doesn't look retarded as fuck
Yeaaah well... here we massively disagree.

40k have certain style to it but if you want to nitpick physics logic in it. It'd end up FUCKING retarded

>Here's a setting with magic and sword fighting, and it actually makes sense and doesn't look retarded as fuck
I love Warhammer but come the fuck on.

dwi

>Im sorry user but those armor designs look silly.

More silly than the clunky looking tin can medieval knight armor that looks like it came from a monty python skit?

>this looked cool and not retarded as fuck
they want the Destiny playerbase

What are some sci-fi games set in the past?

Dark Eldar would fuck the entire world of FF XV. Noctis can't do shit to this.

When you have to post a 5 FPS webm in order to point it out, yes, it sure as hell is a small flaw.

Any Star Wars game.

why hasn't that one guy who has been starting trouble in these threads been banned yet?

He never said anything about the framerate

Because mods like him more than xv-kun

Why haven't you filthy mon'keigh admitted that the world of FF XV wouldn't last a single day against The Dark Eldar?

Destiny had some fancy space soldier designs.

My dad would beat up your dad.

>Dark Eldar

sir let me tell you about the Greater Good

Bioshock

Why, yes. I'm glad we've sorted this out. They are literally pants-on-the-head with a lot of tongue in cheek, and that works in the setting. But on their own they are pretty much garbage,

The kingdoms of FF XV will fall before our might! May they all burn to the ground, and the skies rain with their rancid blood!

Are Warhammer fans normally this autistic?

>magic spell in an rpg you don't have to use

Yep.
...yes they are

>Nomura art
>Creative
Yeah, no.

Yeah, it's part of the fun of it.

Anything Steampunk.

this is so insane

If sean murray is getting investigated can SE get investigated for this kind of bullshit?

Are you mon'keigh normally this foolish? To defend that which is destined for ruin?

May death and misery rain upon The Empire of Niflheim and the Kingdom of Lucis, and may their unending screams be heard throughout the cosmos!

That's like complaining about flies in a sewer.

youtube.com/watch?v=GD7FgY2OhhI

KILL!
MAIM!
BURN!

KILL!
MAIM!
BURN!

>baby you got a stew going!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

There was shitloads of designers on board so all their ideas probably clashed, some people probably wanted more fantasy styled clothing and others wanted modern realistic clothing. Squeenix probably said to go with real clothes they can sell merchandise.

There you have it, this is the reason why squeenix is turning into dogshit, they keep trying to make their games semi-realistic instead of fantasy world.

I think XV's art direction is kind of hit or miss.

It's a damn shame too, because I really liked the premise behind "fantasy based on reality" as they put it. Just this really contemporary feeling Fantasy. You have limos and skyscrapers with this sort of stylized touch, and then these splashes of High Fantasy elements, it's really cool. But at times I just feel it doesn't mesh quite as well as it should with the way some things look.

And yes I hate to be that guy, but from what I've seen it seemed to come off as more consistent while it was Versus XIII.

Anything based on Jules Verne.

Which then also sort of means pic related.

Why do you keep bringing this up in XV threads?

>our
speak for yourself faggot. go back to Gaia with your sephi-kun cock gobbling ff7 fanaticism.

>ff7 fan
>getting laid
do you see how he could be frustrated?

This is honestly the most interesting screenshot I've seen from FFXV yet.

It's still stupid, but at least it's interesting.

>waahh the MC isn't a shaved head buff white dude in a metaphorical setting for the Iraq war!

>you're not creative if you're not the western cookie cutter game!

It does not actually make much sense, and in many regards it looks very retarded.

Not saying Final Fantasy is better or even as good, but come the fuck on here user.

Honestly, yes it does look cool as fuck.

>Hurr durr who the fuck would wear plate armor when firearms exist

Didn't know there were people autistic enough to complain about realism in fucking final FANTASY

What the fuck are you talking about shut the fuck up you fucking retard

>good

Interplanetary travel via science is indeed ficticious.

Man, I'd actually love to hear some cool stories written about medieval space travel and alien encounters.

Yeah

>ain't gonna stop no damn bullets

Where the FUCK did you learn to talk.

the back streets

this is an old webm people
try not to be so fucking gullible for once