ITT: Fuck you, I liked it

ITT: Fuck you, I liked it

>Slower, more technical fights
>8 way movement
>More realistic setting but still has some mystic plot elements
>A good chunk of the endings are pretty funny
>that god-tier minimal/ambient soundtrack
>the building level is the best stage in all of Tekken

Yeah Jin is OP but outside competitive circuits who cares?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=erS0QHPNhIc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looking back, Tekken 4 has the best story presentation.

The prologues were amazing.

>that compressed, distorted narrator
>that tension building music
>that bold intense artwork

T5 is T4 done right. Prove me wrong.
Alternatively, T4 is VF3tb done wrong.

This the artwork was best.
WAS WAS 2001-2005 PS2 BEST ANONS?

Oh yeah, T4 prologues are thousand times better than T5 & T6. The artworks are great.

The soundtrack, the dark focus, the anouncer, that urban city feel, that jon tracksuit, THAT KAZUYA.

For years i thought this was slow, then I discovered component cables and played in progressive scan HOLYYYYYYYY SHIEEEET thats good PS2

I agree, op. I hated 5 and tolerated 6. Tag 2 was great and I'm hoping 7 will be ok.

what does that even mean

Tekken team can only write good stories when the roster is small.

The story went to shit after T4.

It was fun but aesthetically, it's one of the lowest points in the series for me. It came out during that weird period where every game had to be dark and "mature". That nu-metal soundtrack is forgettable as hell.

Getting to play as Roger again was pretty great though.

>Slower, more technical fights
>Yeah Jin is OP but outside competitive circuits who cares?

wat

>Tekken 6 prologues

The only thing I hate about 6 is how the actual arcade/story mode felt like a complete after thought. The art was bland, no narration, and I dunno if it was just my TV but I could barely read the actual intro text.

Then you only fight like 3 matches and head straight to that SoulCalibur-wannabe Azazel.

Tekken 4 got a lot of shit in the competitive scene cause of balance issues. Jin was basically his own tier.

And personally I think the fenced in arenas and 8-way movement made the battles require a bit more strategy than Tag or 3.

>gameplay revolves around mashing jabs / strings or JFLS at close range
>nerfed movement and backdash
>certain moves like EWGF nerfed to shit by making them only launch on counter
>buggy as fuck wall mechanics with death combos and infinites
>game basically revolves around Steve due to shortened max distance between two players

youtube.com/watch?v=erS0QHPNhIc

No.

still better than t5 on release

I forgot to add that the position change mechanic fucking sucked too.

The story mode in Tekken 4 was great though I'll give it that.

Good evaluation.

The aesthetics(graphics, soundtrack etc) of the game were top notch, the varied stages were questionable, the story modes were good.

The actual speed of gameplay isn't significantly slower or faster than other tekkens, but combos weren't as good making punishing mistakes/opponent risks way worse. imo T5DR does it pretty good where you can poke someone to death because pokes do chunks of damage, but a proper combo will melt half of your life bar and not take too much time to do so.

One thing I liked is that throws just repositioned you, which is how they work in high level tekken play once everyone is able to throw break on reaction. 3D stage elevation and unique stages ala T4/VF3tb feels wrong unless handled with a light touch, but I think DOA5LR actually handles stage elevation, transitions, and stage-specific combos pretty well.

I knew the game was fucked when Paul had this hair

Tekken Force was hard as shit. I never made it past Kazuya.

Better than making him the joke character.

I liked 4 because they took a lot of risks with different ideas. The feel of the fights was that distances were a lot closer, which was kind of nice. I also liked a lot of the character design. Steve, Craig, Lee redux, etc. I wish the later Tekkens took more chances like that with at least character design. It was one of the things that I didn't like about 5, the fact that there were just not too many really different characters from 4.

I am looking forward to Tekken 7 though, having missed out on 6 and T2.

As much as I love huge rosters in fighters, I think Tekken could afford to scale back.

I mean does anyone really give two shits about Feng or Zafina or anyone that isn't my boy Yoshimitsu