Admit it user. You play on your PC with your Dualshock 4

Admit it user. You play on your PC with your Dualshock 4

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.it/itm/391541162009
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QRKWLA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475454183&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=xbox 360 controller&dpPl=1&dpID=418h3hauXWL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I play on my PC with my dick.

Why would anyone hide this? It's not like I'm going out of my way to buy an XBONE controller when I already have a DS4 just to play on PC, specially when with DS4Windows any retard can plug and play anything with it.

used to, sold my ps4 because nogames and of course you don't sell consoles without accessories because who's gonna buy that

probably my favorite controller, shame that it doesn't have any xinput support whatsoever. just something like a xinput/directinput switch like some controllers do would be amazing

I do op

Yeah, my 360 controller died.

My PC is a prebuilt piece of shit bought back in 2010, the only game I play on it is Civ IV

I did. Until my house burned down along with my PS4, PC, and everything else I owned. Now I just use an xbone controller because I never bothered to but another ps4

I can't get over how bad the battery life is

I think the Xbox controller is better but the battery life just seals the deal for how shit this thing is

O dont have ps4 or have/will have anything sony since years ago
Warner and Universal this also includes you

no because when i did every time i unplugged my ps4 controller it would turn on my ps4
fuck that mess

yea beat pic related with it last weekend

beat second son an hour ago

good games

360>>>ds4>xbone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ds3>steam controller>wii pro

These rankings are ovjectively fact.

I remember having that problem on PS3 I believe while using MotionInJoy, but that doesn't happen with DS4Windows with a DS4.

nah

I'm still playing with my wireless xbox 360 controller I bought 5-6 years ago and will continue to do so.
>inb4 dpad meme
I have no problem with the dpad, it's comfy af.

How is the Xbox 360 controller better than pic related? Are you mentally ill?

God I don't think I'm played LoM in at least 15 years. Almost afraid to do so again.

How has it held up?

but the xbox 360 controller is the best controller ever made

The bumpers are somehow even shittier. Also the triggers are worse.

Dpad is way better though, I'll give you that.

DS3, actually. It's for games that aren't as suitable for KB+M. Mostly platformers, racing games and DMC4.

Look at this retard

>You play on your PC with your Dualshock 4
I can do that?

still great imo, they don't make games like that anymore

Of course i do.

See that blue light?

nope, Xbone controller. best controller ever made hands down.

>implying I have the spare money to buy one

Xbone has better support out of the box

No, I use this.

I do.

My Xbox 360 controller finally died after several years of service, and my PS4 controller was just sitting there because my PS4 was collecting dust, never looked back since.

I hate the Xbox One controller and it's ergonomics, as well as the bumpers being shit, though someone has said the new versions of the controller addresses that problem. Still won't bother shelling out $60 for one when my PS4 controller is fine.

Shame about Bluetooth/Battery sucking on it though.

>comfy
There are a lot of adjectives that fit that dpad
comfy is not one of them

Nah, I use this cheap but surprisingly decent Logitech pad on PC because I'd rather have wired controller with xinput/directinput switch.

Of course I do. It's comfy and easy to use. Don't even have a ps4.

But I regret buying blue a little.

Well, it doesn't hurt my thumb like the cross-shaped flat dpads (Nintendo, Playstation). It's easy to press and doesn't feel smoochy. I played platformers, 2d beat-em-all, old rpgs and many other genre except traditional 2d fighting games since I'm not a fan of. I really enjoy the 360 dpad.

>xinput/directinput switch

Completely pointless as there is free, effective, lightweight software that does this without the need to buy special hardware

Is this possible on a computer with Windows XP?

No, I use the superior current gen controller, and I don't even have an Xbox.

london?

are you a girl or a fag

No, why would you think that?

It's not hard to admit. It's served me well despite a few inconveniences.

You have cute hands.

your hand makes you look like a faggot
u cute tho? hmu

PC games who rep X are the coolest in my book

>I'd rather have wired controller with xinput/directinput switch
Just like the DS4's software solution?

Everyone does idiot.

Funny how you're mentioning him since he hated fags

Probably just the angle. They look pretty normal too me.

I only play TF2 and some strategy games on my PC so no, I don't use the DS4.

I own a ps4 and the DS4 is legitimately the worst controller ever made by sony

what the fuck were they thinking?

I use a 360 controller I bought like 6 years ago.

Would a PS4 controller be an upgrade or downgrade?

You look like you religiously apply lotion every 30 minutes

that's what the watch is for, isn't it?

No, I didn't because that controller is average as fuck. Not sure why anyone would use one when kb&m exists.

>Sonyggers finally get a controller that's decent and they think it's the best one ever made.
It's like these faggots have never held a good controller before.

Only time I usually lotion is when I masturbate.

You must do it a lot then.

Nope. Can't beat the 360 controller.

Nah, 2 or 3 times a week, and never with that hand.

yeah they are normal looking after all. you seem like you have good skin. nice watch too, user.

Only if I'm playing something on a PS2 emulator. Else Its either KB/M or Xbone controller. Its just easier to use

What's a decent piece of software for running the DS4 on Windows 7?

what happened to your desk

fuck that thing. The cheap plastic shit was almost impossible to hold comfortably with my man hands.

Do you shave your hands?

No, I use my DS3 controllers.

why do you have a hair brush

Upgrade. The 360 controller is a total meme

>face buttons are convex (why) and too far apart
>d-pad is one of the worst ever made and makes hitting diagonals impossible
>missing out on the handy DS4 touchpad

I do. Just wish I could get it to work with GRID

I'm a poorfag uni student. Gotta make do with what I have.
To brush my hair kek. It's kinda long.

DS4Windows. Comes with the drivers you need and you can use the touchpad and gyroscope with it. Gyro mouse aim is kinda shitty tho.

>Budweiser.
>Corsair.
>Dual Shock 4.
>Using a book as a mouse surface.
You are human garbage.

For games that don't support the DS4 natively, use DS4Windows, and ignore suggestions to use anything else. The next best alternative is bloated adware with no extra features, but I see people recommend it on Cred Forums all the time.

thats a prototype haptic feedback controller

Why would I?
I have a 360 controller for racing games that need an analog trigger and a wii u pro for everything else.

Guess I never tried it
I use my 360 controller

>d-pad is one of the worst ever made and makes hitting diagonals impossible
Do you have the first 360 controller with gray sticks and dpad? This one was awfull I agree but the 360 S dpad is perfect.

are you cute

>Would a PS4 controller be an upgrade or downgrade?

For a pc on my opinion a complete upgrade, all around for new games it's a similar felling and a straight up upgrade for emulators, sidescrollers/plataforms because of the d-pad.

I use one with InputMapper and i can use a usb cable or a bluetooth dongle not a problem since the day i purchased on October 2014.

Nah, I tried but the Xbone controller is way better

mkb + a janky ass wired 360 controller
:):):):)

No.

Wired 360.

The DS4 is garbage. No thanks to the Chinaware needed to run it either.

Look in the mirror you insufferable hipster.

Thanks, bros.

no I'm not rich

This problem only happened with launch controllers, and DS4W is safe software. Stop acting retarded.

360 pad + DS4 wombo combo is what I use

I hate the Xbone triggers and grip so I got the DS4 instead

Not at all I'm afraid. Where's that pic of 2 anons posting shy anime girls only for them to both me fat neckbeards. I'm pretty skinny tho.

>lmao4beers

Even without looking at you're effeminate hands I can see you're a peter puffer.

yep

DS4windows is great fampai

I used to, now my piece of shit is busted because micro-USB is cheap chink nigger shit and no cable I plug into it will charge it despite the cables working just fine with my phones and other controllers.

Please stop taking my horse power.

Bud is cheap and gets me drunk, I'm not gonna pay $9 for a six pack of faggot craft beer that doesn't taste any better

I am completely satisfied with my controller and mouse and I wouldn't have anything else

The book works

bite me

I bought a PS4 and sold it after beating Bloodborg, realistically speaking would it be worth it to buy one right now? I don't know any other exclusives I want.

I hate the DS4 dpad, it's so mushy I can't do quarter circles worth shit

I pretty much only use controllers on my PC to play Souls games, and I tried to use an Xbone controller once but holy fuck the claw grip is even worse with offset joysticks. PS3/PS4lyfe

fuck yeah ds4 is the best controller ever
i don't even own a ps4

Yeah I do

How? I have the official adaptor, installed the driver software that's supposed to make it work on win10 but it didn't work.

The Xbone S controller (yes, it got a slight redesign with the new console) is honestly my favorite controller now. Just got my system yesterday (already owned a PS4 and a Wii U) and the controller is great.

Xbox one controller is the best controller
Prove me wrong

That looks ugly as shit and that pad looks shitty.

It came with my xbox one so I just use it for my pc
It isn't that bad honestly

Xbox one controller BITCH

DS3 >>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>> DS4

Xbox one ELITE

>same price controller
>hase worse ergonomy, same buttons but no touchpad and no gyroscope

That's not an Xbone controller.

This is an Xbone controller.

You mean better ergonomics.

>gamesir
got the ds4 ripoff they made and instantly returned it for an actual ds4

Yes and I've installed these

wtf that's not an xbone controller

trying to pass a fake off on us? fuck off

That's not an elite controller.
And elite is still shit compared to DualShock 4 that overall has better ergonomy, better stick placement, better symmetry, gyroscope and touchpad.

Zbone controller is just a fucking Logitech controller for PC.

No, I mean. What the fuck is smeared on it? Is that shit?

Noice. How much did those cost?

No audio jack
No speaker
No touchpad
No gyroscope
Not even fucking symmetry

Xbox fags should learn to control their buyer's regret ar at least try to be objective sometimes.

Where can I buy these?

Hah no dude. It's the layer of wood underneath the surface that's been scraped/ripped off.

12$ shipping included.
Also perfect fit since both controllers (Xbone and PS4) are made by Logitech if I'm not wrong. They use the same connector for the sticks.

I don't have an Xbox, I just have the controller for PC after I got fed up with the DS4. The DS4 is the worst controller in years.

This. Xbox One controller just has a better design imo, but it's objectively worse. PS4 controlelr can even be tracked for VR now and act as a motion controller.

I'm using this on PS4 and pc now for years with 0 problems, what did you do to your controller?

You bet your fucking ass I do.
Best goddamned controller I have ever used.
(Fuck you, I used them all)

What are these thumbsticks called? I can't fucking find them on Amazon.

Oh and just to clarify, I also have an Xbox360 controller for PC, but that thing is huge and heavy.

sucks to be you loser

I don't have a need for any of those things. My set up is with my pc and consoles next to my desk. I can just plug headphones/headsets directly into whatever. Why the hell would I need a gyroscope or a touchpad?

And I game on the 3ds and pc...

You forgot to say that Xbox One controller is a lot heavyer.

Ebay or chinese websites.

No.

I play on my Macbook Pro with my Dualshock 4.

Actually you can, easily.

ebay.it/itm/391541162009

As I said Xbox One and PS4 controllers have the same stick connector and size. It's a perfect fit.

>no audio jack

???

>baby hands
>pleb beers
how's being 17?

I dont. I use a 360 or Xbox One. I actually bought a dongle to play my 360 controller on my Ps3.

Is that your leg or your head?

>PS4 controlelr can even be tracked for VR now and act as a motion controller.
Sonyggers have no idea what they are talking about

>implying implications

Leg, I'm just hairy.

This is bait but I'll bite.
>No audio jack
There is on every controller that's not a day one model. The Xbox inferface also has more control and options for it than Playstation.
>No speaker
Why? It's useless. A gimmick they stole from the Wii, who didn't even use it all that well. LMAO!
>No touchpad
Too small to be useful and most games use it an obligatory giant button. It was a dumb design decision and it pushed the share and options buttons into awkward positions from the thumbsticks.
>No gyroscope
Another gimmick relic from last gen that nobody uses.
>Not even fucking symmetry
Preference. Not an argument.

How the fuck do people do this? Seriously, I've had my DS4 for 2 years and the thumbsticks are still holding up.

>wireless controllers
user

wired 360 all the way

Still
>No speaker
>No touchpad
>No gyroscope
>Not even fucking symmetry
>Fucking heavy

>heavy

Are you a literal child?

>Gimmick
>Gimmick
>Gimmick
>Presentation over ergonomics
>Heavy
Have you ever held one? It is not heavy.

>implying heavy is a bad thing

My day 1 model doesn't have it.

>a lot of excuses to justify LACK of features
Dude, it doesn't matter how or if it's used, it's something more, not something less.
And the gyroscope is actually used a lot.

Plus it's heavyer because made with poor materials.

I actually have one. It's not "heavy" but is a lot heavier then DS4. Meaning you can play less without being fatigued. Still talking about hours of gameplay.

Heavier then DS4

Let me stress that I'm not defending it, I was just saying that it does have a jack nowadays.

I personally like the heft of it, but I can understand why others might not. I'm an idort so eh.

>All these shit opinions

Oh god, that's the best thing ever, I must do it.

I'm 21 and a half thanks

That's basically an Elite Dualshock 4 for just 12 more bucks

>And a half
Refer to

when I finally build a PC yes I will be using my Daulshock 4.
I hate W.A.S.D controls.

Shit that drains the battery.

If it raises production cost without being utilized, then it's bad business.
If it's not useful for developers, then it's a dumb design decision.
If the player never gets to use it, but has never used it in a meaningful way, it anyway. It's a retard fanboy and belongs in the garbage.
I bet you can't name a single game that uses it to positive effect and not a gimmick. It's six-axis all over again.

All this extra trash makes the shit battery life of that controller even worse.

A little weight without being excessive is typically associated with BETTER material design, you dolt. There's a reason why everything coming out of China is light as paper. I twist my DS4 and the plastic actually gives a little. I twist my Xbox controller and it's solid.

>lists features that a controller has over the other
>aside from those features the 2 controllers are the same
>"shit opinions"
How do you call the fact that some people think that Xbox One controller is "superior"? Isn't that a "shit opinion" based on nothing at all?
Xbox One controller has less stuff and weights more. How could it be "superior"?

Fucking Americans (pic related)

>Meaning you can play less without being fatigue
LITERAL CHILD

>Posts completely unrelated political figure
Okay you're baiting me
Have a (You)

Being lighter is a good feature. If you disassembly both controller you can clearly see the one that is poorly made, and it's not DS4.

All the features you're dismissing as "useless" are used in a lot of games and also in console menus, web browser and so on. You may not use them, you maybe don't even own a PS4, but many people are.

It's physics.
You can't claim that something is "superior" if it's equal at best, and i say "at best" because it has some worse little things, like being heavier or not having a touchpad for browsing and so on.

You probably have ham hands yourself you obese faggot

That's your next president amerifag. Enjoy your microshit xbox.

I play my games with my Wii U Pro controller. I have no need for controllers with the battery life of a handheld console.

When did this happen? My Xbox One controller has no audio jack.

Can it stream the whole console audio like Dualshock 4?

They're great for FPS or RPGs, but if it comes to driving or flying anything, the DS4 is a lifesaver

even if I had a PS4 I would fucking buy an xbox controller for the PC, the sony controller is unbelievable shit

Iunno, just got my Xbone S yesterday, but even my friend's old Xbone controller has the jack.

Yes you can stream audio.

>sony controller is unbelievable shit
>it's literally made by the same manufacturer, Sony just shovels more money on it
>has better connectivity, more features and less weight

Stop being biased because of buyer's regret.

Basically this. PS4 controller is objectively the best one around.

apart from the lack of paddles under the pad

Once my 360 controller breaks I'm going to get one. It has survived me deathgriping it through ds1 and 2 along with many stupid drops so I think it will survive a fair bit longer.

Yes but that's crap anyway

Smaller, lighter, less comfortable.

As a Master Idort level 5, I prefer the Xbox One to the Ps4 controller wise.

Didn't know those one could fit.
Guess it's time for a cheap upgrade

This.

Wii U Pro Controller > Xbox One >Wii U Gamepad > PS4 > Steam Controller

So does anyone else go through PS4 controllers like fucking nuts or is that just me?

I don't buy knockoffs, I don't hamhand or roughhouse my controllers and I don't even play my PS4 that much but my controllers only last like 2 months before they start having connection issues and need to constantly be reset.

It's like the internals are made of butter or something and it's stupid as hell, I can't be the only one that gets this problem

It's just you. Mine has lasted for a while.

Yea I bought one specifically for pc since my 360 controller was wearing out. Too bad I started getting carpal tunnel from playing fighting games all day, I still play but now I wear this brace and it helps numb the pain.

>Steam Controller
Is it as shit as everybody says it is?

>that keyboard

RICER
I
C
E
R

If your main complaint with the Xbone controller is the bumpers, the Xbone S improved them.

Yeah I just beat Spyro 2 100%
I guess I should move on to spyro 3 now

It's really not bad, but only in non Controller scenarios. Like, if you want to play Civ 5, or play some strategy game or any mouse game.

For controller play, it's better to use an actual controller.

I used to play with an orginal xbox controller I soldered a usb cable but now windows 10 makes it difficult with signed drivers so I'm probably going to buy a custom xbox one controller.

Of course I do, no one can expect me to buy a game pad just to play Dark Souls 1 and Witcher 3 on my PC if a perfectly fine Dualshock controller is only 50 cm away.

Basically as says, it's garbage as an actual controller but as a KB+M substitute it's actually alright.

i bought an xbone controller
it's okay

steam controller looks okay too
but i have an xbone controller

i had zero temptation to buy dualshock due to what looks like the worst d-pad ever made being there

I fucking love that controller. Of course I use it. Not for shooters or strategy games or anything like that, but it's great for platformers, racers and emulators.

This.
I do and I don't hide it.

>tfw modern controllers use micro-usb
Its fucking terrible. No micro-usb cable will fit snugly to last, they're just not made for hefting a controller around. I've resorted to using bluetooth on my ds4 because of this.

I sure do. Got it for $29 in that Black Friday deal last year.

Can you believe there are people who entirely discount the use of a controller on PC for dumb reasons like
- it doesn't work
It actually works better than it does on console, but there is more setup work involved (if you want that).
- It's sacrilege...or something.

this
>people spending 60 dollars on a gamepad

It's actually 2 giant buttons.

xbox gamepad is the only way

it's true, my mouse and case glow too

it makes me feel cool

Does the audio jack on the Xbone controller support Windows?

Please respond.

What? Controllers were always a part of PC. That's the whole point, you can use what ever you want because it's a PC.

Nope, I have a logitech controller of far better build quality than kiddy console controllers.

dual-shock 3 actually, I got too used to the D-Pad being where it is to feel comfortable with xbox controllers

I prefer the design to the xbox controller and when it's always plugged in I don't have any reason to worry about battery life.

Pic related;
>Under the middle monitor is my blue PS4 controller, light is off though

>No audio jack
Who the fuck would use the headphone jack on their controller while playing on their PC
>No speaker
What purpose does that serve
>No touchpad
Or just use a wireless keyboard/touchpad
>No gyroscope
Who cares about that

>people still fall for the logitech = quality meme

Holy shit that's a great idea

Audio Jack is pretty usefull for headsets, for example if you are sitting on a couch.

Speakers are great to boost the immersion. Getting alarms on your controller or getting phone calls increase immersion

Touchpad is great for menus and stuff

Gyro is great for in game camera, FPS games and simulate a mouse pretty well for writing on a keyboard.

>You play on your PC
thats a weird way to write shitpost on the internet

i play on pc with my ps2 controller

>not 360 or bone controller
>installing chinkware to use a controller that display xbox inputs anyway

>Gimmick
>Gimmick that tanks battery life
>Gimmick
>Preference
>Are you 5?

Yeah and I regret. The fucking cheap materials are falling despite taking extreme care of it.

Nice and clean. That's cool that someone here actually isn't a fucking slob.

I honestly hate the DS4. The DS3 was better than thsi garbage and the DS3 sucked.

for games that suit it yeah

I would use the xbox one controller but the bumpers are so much worse than l1/r1 or the bumpers on the 360 controller.

>Getting alarms on your controller or getting phone calls increase immersion
I find it to be a distracting gimmick and turned that shit off the second I received a phone call in GTA V.

What's the best PC option for a controller with a DS layout then?

The touchpad is a useless fucking gimmick for a giant start button. Fuck that thing to all hell for real.

What the fuck are you doing to your controller?

I don't understand this. The Playstation controller has been the same since PS2.

Your hands must have chemicals on them that no human hands should.

>Look at all these battery wasting gimmicks

>bumpers
>worse
someone only used the launch controllers

>shitty gimmicks like gyroscope, speakers, and a bad touchpad which drains a ton of battery
>light which can't be turned off
>shit triggers like DS3
>awful battery life
>no official wired options
>"BUT IT'S SLIGHTLY BIGGER SO ITS BETTER HAHAHAHA"

The DS2 was and still is the best PS Controller, the 3 and 4 are crap.

The joke is on you, faggit. I'm using it as a mousepad when playing emulators on PC, so switching roms and changing options on the fly is baller is fuck.

>gimmicks don't make a difference
>plug it in when you use it
>unplug it when you're not so the light goes off

???

>touchpad is a good thing
yeah I'll take having a battery for more than a few hours any day
not a fan of the sticks either, they don't feel as nice as the textured xboner ones

>The Playstation controller has been the same since PS2.
Only in regards to layout. If you think the DS2, 3, or 4 are identical outside of what console they are primarily used for you're an idiot.

This.

Triggers are for FPS-playing normalfags.

confirmed for never having played with ds4.
the only downside of the ds4 is that it lacks pressure sensitive buttons like previous dualshock controllers had them.

BULLSHIT. Post proof you actually do something this fucking stupid.

>no gyroscope
who the fuck wants this
who the fuck needs this
what game uses this in a way that's not a lazy gimmick

>>gimmicks don't make a difference
They take up unnecessary space in and on the controller. The touchpad and lightbar drain the battery faster than it would if those things didn't exist. You also can't turn off the touchpad or the light bar, the only thing that can be turned off are the speakers.

The DS4 is garbage

>"j-just plug it in..."
That only solves one problem, there's a ton more. Fuck off DS4 apologist.

My only criteria for buying a controller is how it feels in my hand. Anything else is irrelevant.

R8 or H8

>YOU JUST DIDN'T USE IT

Fuck off retard, the DS4 is trash.

No, because I don't see the point of using a controller without native XInput support but with custom wrapper instead that introduces up to 100+ms delay.

But if you are older than 25 then you should be good tho does not matter anyway for oldfats with lowered reaction time

>pushed option into an awkward position
this literally cannot be stressed enough, it makes the thing unusable, the amount of times I've accidentally slid or pushed the touchpad when I'm trying to hit option is infuriating

>Nyko power grip thing on the Vita
Mah nigga

I use this beauty over here. It's perfect.

and it actually stays in its case all the time because I use a common xbone controller in its place

I do, but I prefer an Xbox controller. I just don't care enough to buy one. They both do the same shit.

No.

I thought SCPtoolkit was the "good" one.

I fail to see how controller weight is a big factor in its quality. It's not like a fucking mouse, you aren't holding the fucking thing instead of resting it on a surface, right?

>gyro is great for
it's awful, it's completely useless and only serves to add gimmicks to games that don't need them

What game will you be playing on a controller competetively?

What is THAT!? I would actually pick up a handheld if more devices were more ergodynamic like that shit. Is that an add in to vita? Thats neat.

see
Your """"""software"""" solution is utter shit

I loved it in No more heroes on the Wii. Getting phone calls in your cellphone was pretty cool.

I did the same thing

>trevor gets a phone call
>the ring tone starts blaring through the controller
>"what the hell?"
>find out it can be turned off after playing with the settings and turn it off immediately

Fucking stupid gimmick.

>waaah why doesn't MICROSOFT WINDOWS have offical support for a SONY CONTROLLER

Does not have to be competitive to psis me off with slow as fuck input

>buy 100$+ gamepad
>had to resort to 3rd party tools that also bad performance

why do you hurt yourslef

Nyko power grip. Its a matte handheld that clicks into the Vita and also doubles as a separate charger.

What? It's excellent for second aiming on console. It add a ton of precision to console FPS. Have you even played Splatoon or any FPS on the Wii U or the Wii?

>Gyro is great for in game camera, FPS games and simulate a mouse pretty well for writing on a keyboard.

The Gyro on the DS4 is nowhere near as good as a fucking mouse. Are you high?

I prefer ps controller over xbone mainly because its more comfy
I hate xbone button layout and how bulky the controller feels

It's not, but it simulate pretty well. If you type something using the gyro, it goes at least 3 times quicker than using the joysticks.

It's not the Wiimote, but it's great.

oh god, the way you have to hold a dualshock is disgusting

Yeah, I've played splatoon plenty and the gyro controls are all right, but the gyro controls for the DS4 don't even have an application as far as I know, I don't know any games that let you use it for aiming and I never would because it gets annoying waving the controller around

This too, it's not anything close to mouse controls, and honestly it's so much of a pain to use over any other control method that's not a wiimote, which is more annoying than gyro

You dont wave it. It's slight movement. You use the joystick to aim, and then you use the controller to precise aim .

How does it feel to you? It looks comfortable in ways I've only dreamed a handheld could promise. The flat back hard edge shit on regular handhelds from the ds gen/psp and upwards is hell on my palms. I need support or i get horrible cramping and blisters.

even shoulder buttons are better for fps.

There is a single utilization for triggers and its pressure sensitive acceleration in driving games. Wonderful. Totally worth giving up a binary input for that incredibly negligible advantage in a single genre of game.

I use a PS2 or Gamecube controller if I'm not using KB+M

id like to but the usb adapter i bought from sony doesn't even fucking work

Yeah I think I'll just use the controller sticks and the built in aim assist for all of the 0 console shooters I play

he is obviously an ignorant retard. don't listen to him.

It's useful for the exclusives. Cameras too. Even if the game only has a single shooting scene, it's much better than the auto aim.

someone got exposed and is now throwing a shitfit.

Well I never heard of DS4Windows before now. SCP works for me but it will stop working for seemingly no reason after a few days and I need to re-install it so I'm open to alternatives.

thats what I use too

>for the exclusives
but this is about using pads on PC, if it's good for whatever games the PS4 has then fine, but on PC that doesn't give it any edge against other controllers

Are you genuinely retarded or just pretend to be? The DS4 also uses Bluetooth.

Not if you're playing pc games where you might need additional inputs.

shit, I'm tempted to get a DS4 just for PC use, it'll be fucking forever before I get a PS4

memery aside, should I take this option?
I've been tempted to get an xbone controller instead.
I've used DS4's when playing with my friends, but I've never so much as held an xbone controller.

does the d-pad not suck

Sure it does, for example, I like to use controllers for open world games with a lot of driving like GTA or Saint Row.

If the gyro allow me to use a controller easily and still shoot with relative aim, I'm golden. The Xbox One does not give me that for example.

I still hate the PS4 and Ps3 controllers though, and wont use them, but it's a clear advantage.

>using controller for shooter aiming
If you want to do it that's fine, but it's not an edge on any other controller except for very, very small edge case scenarios like what you described where someone will decide to use a controller on a KB+M platform

my autism won't let me use the DS4 in games that have xbox button prompts. it's the same reason I have to use the DS4 for PS2/PS1 emulation.

The Xbone controller is far better. Just get that instead, honestly.

I dont use controllers for TPS online of course. That would be stupid. But for platformers, and racing games or action games, sure.

the steam controller ends up being better for any fps/tps anyway

I play with the xbox one controller because it has a good d pad and is just better.

The d pad still looks kinda shitty to me. Too small.

I feel like I might be shilling it, but its the most comfortable controller I've ever used. I'll try to justify this:

Its entirely made out of this matte-rubber material that doesn't stick to your hand sweat or anything. Its hard to explain, kind of like a really smooth car tire? Except keep in mind, its completely made out of it, so its not going to peel off after awhile. It gives the Vita a bit of weight all over and most importantly, it lets the lower part of your hands (especially the thumbs) a place to rest on during long play sessions.

But what makes it really worth praising it for are those concave finger "hills" at the back. Unlike the Xbox/Sony controllers, atleast two of your fingers have a dedicated place to rest into the controller. Maximum comfy ontop of a high-quality build material

It also charges the Vita and its kind of tough to force it to come off since it clicks into the charge port. The negative is that you need to own a Vita to use it.

So, DS4 or Xbox one controller for PC gaming?

I would basically use them for games like Dark Souls and action games in general, and maybe some fighters.

I'm sure it would be better if I had a lot of practice. It's just pretty awkward right now.

I use buffalo SNES controller.

Yes, personally I think the DS4 is yet the greatest I have ever used, I have a huge selection of controllers but only use the DS4 on my PC, don't have a PS4 though, just got the controller separately.

Got the PS button (Guide button) set up so when I press it, it automatically turns on my TV and opens Steam Big Picture on it.

TOPKEK

Xbox will be faster regardless

I use the DS4 for every controller game besides Capcom and Dark Souls, because both are filled with incompetent retards that don't understand proper controller implementation.

stop trolling

xbone pad for third person games and platformers/fighters and steam controller for literally everything else is the only patrish configuration

Makes you think

DELETE THIS

I can't stand the Xbox controller, I used to like the Duke way back, but the new ones and the Xbone controller are bulky, heavy and uncomfortable to hold.

Of course, that's personal preference, but I think quality wise the DS4 is much better, the D-pad on the Xbone controller sucks ass for one and I can't get myself to use the stupid stick layout for long.

Touchpad is an awesome feature, don't have to stand up and grab the mouse if you have to click something, specially outside of games.
Sometimes I find myself browsing Cred Forums with the controller on my TV when taking a break from a game, it's perfectly fine mouse replacement, nobody is saying you should use it to play games like with a Steam Controller.

The fact that it uses a community based driver and configuration utility just makes it more amazing, everything is configurable.

I have never been happier with a PC controller, specially with one that is not even actually build with the PC in mind.

More of the Xbox controller, I think it's silly that the Elite controller costs over twice as much as the normal one and gives so little benefit, while the DS4 controller just costs exactly the same as a Xbone controller and just needs a $5 Bluetooth 4.0 dongle.

IBM mouse and keyboard.

I would if i had one, those are comfortable as fuck. My favorite controller to date.

Flying in gta5 and all of dark souls is harsh without a pad

no, them shits is overpriced

I use a shitty logitech playstation controller ripoff

Go to a shop that has both consoles set up for testing, try them yourself.

Don't listen to people here, whatever they say, it's purely personal preference.

Bought a logitech contoller and the L2 got stuck on day 3

Their mice are the best but controllers are cheap garbage

>100+ms delay.
Wow, really? 1.3ms for me.

You do know how these wrappers work? Do you?
That's why I dislike Cred Forums, people have no idea about hardware or software.

Controller wappers where used way back in the 90's, it worked perfectly fine on old ass hardware back then, works better even now.
They are implanted is such a low level, there's no real world difference between using a DS4 or Xbone controller, one with a bluetooth dongle and the other with the official one, go look up some videos of people testing with slow motion cameras.

I use a shitty generic playstation ripoff. Along with x360ce. Looks like this. Only problem I have with it is it is very, very light and the two back triggers are just buttons and not pressure sensitive

>Your """"""software"""" solution is utter shit
except the xbone xinput driver works exactly the same...

On pc I see that as a possibility.

I hate dualshock controllers.
I hate thumbstick controllers for 95% of operations.
I have a logitech controller with a good DPAD. It has two thumbsticks but I never use them. Because they're shit. Thumbsticks are garbage that people adapted to using because they had access to them.

same bro
might not be as flashy but it works
all for under fifty bucks

>Wow, really? 1.3ms for me.
Sure, prove it

>They are implanted is such a low level,
No they don't
Driver are, they are system level and they have highest priority
Wrapper is a software that can be ran with elevated right but it still software and even if you increase priority it still slow as fuck

It has to process input from device and then convert and telegraph it to the driver and vice versa
it is slow as fuck and you simply can't have 1.3ms

Does anyone make a wired DS4?

Lol fuck that nasty controller. I've been using this same GOAT 360 controller for 5 years.

what the fuck is a thumbstick
you mean an analog stick? as in the logical evolution of the joystick? it's an incredibly intuitive and responsive design that works really well for third person games and platformers.

>it is slow as fuck and you simply can't have 1.3ms
i'm sure as hell people here aren't using them with IBM XT's

you can just use a micro usb cable with any ds4

I do prefer the dualshock 4 massively over the xbox one controller, but I use the xbox one controller anyways so I don't have to deal with software bullshit, ds4windows always fucks up and makes me close steam, good controller but it's just not worth it

That's true, I don't have a PS4 though

I also play with my Gamecube and (Buffalo) SNES controllers

I did that with the DS3 and it would constantly give me disconnect issues. Just wondering if theres a way to make sure it doesnt do that. If anything I'll just bust out a dual shock 2 and use an adapter but I'd like to stick with the DS4

I was using it but then the stick developed a weird issue where pushing it toward a very specific angle at about 45 degrees would only register as a half input, so some games I'd be running with a character but as soon as I hit that angle they'd start walking temporarily and it drove me crazy.

Apparently it's a common issue with earlier DS4's, and I treated the fucking thing like a delicate goddamn treasure, too. Not once did I ever drop it.

Fuckin expensive piece of junk.

>look mom, I have slight knowledge of things

>it is slow as fuck and you simply can't have 1.3ms
Sure, prove it

fucking gross

that was probably a dodgy usb cable if anything

samefag

>specially when with DS4Windows any retard can plug and play anything with it.

Sounds like a harder alternative to just plugging in an xbox controller.

Oh fuck a post that makes actually sense

Thanks?

So in other words you have no arguments but ad hominems

as expected from Cred Forums resident

Sorry, no hard feeling, but I'm just not gonna argue with a dumbfuck.
Have fun.

Lol. Mine cost about 8 dollars from amazon a year or so ago. Had a wired 360 but its dead. I have a wireless 360 but apparently I need a 20 dollar addon just to make it work since it weirdly won't work over usb. Pic unrelated

>360 controller
>simply plug into pc via USB
>works 99.99999% of the time

>xbone controller
>use my android usb charger as a wire to hook it up to my pc
>plug in shitty headphones into the headphone jack (with surprisingly excellent voice/sound quality)
>works 99.99999% of the time

>mates ds4
>have to borrow his $25 Bluetooth dongle
>ms windows doesn't even detect it as a ds4
>headphone jack doesn't work for mic use because of shitty driver support
>randomly disconnects during games (eg hitman)
>works only 50% of the time

Yeah nah its fucking shit. I'm in the process of testing out the steam controller and I'll try the wii u controller at a later date. I might make an infographic about it or something.

Tldr; avoid ds4 at all costs if you can get any xbox controller instead. Don't even bother with shitty logitech crap.

Of course I do. I need a good d-pad, and the Saturn USB pad I have is garbage.

>No thanks to the Chinaware needed to run it either.
You mean MotionInJoy? That's for DS3.
But as expected, you would not know shit about the things you bash.

My favorite controller is still tbe dual shock2.

Have this thing for almost 15 years and there arent even traces of wear. The cable is huge (3m), and it is very precise.

I wish i could.play with it on the pc without those shitty generic adpters that dont even know how to transmite rumble or pressing halfway of the button.

Mine costed 3.99... works perfectly and never had any disconnect issues.

I use one of these

The sensitivity on the D-pad is kinda shitty and the triggers require quite a bit of pressure to pull down, but I don't have week baby hands so it's not really a problem.

>he can't start his game from a shortcut from desktop with the trackpad
>he has to load a useless system hogging program like Steam Big Picture to open games with the controller
Kek

Depends for games. If it was an fps or rts, I'd go keyboard. If I am playing most emulator games, a fightting game, or really any genre not geared towards pc games I use my DS4.

You don't have USB cables? I assume you don't have a problem using it wired since you listed it as a plus with the 360 controller

Uh no I use my HOTAS

PLAY FIGHTING GAMES YOU HUGE CASUAL AND YOU WILL LEARN HOW SHIT IT IS FUCKING SONY SHILLS

>it gets me drunk for cheap
Fair point.
>other beers don't taste better
Fuck off.

Depends on the genre really. I mean, it's not like I'm going to use Keyboard and Mouse on a third person adventure game/platformer, or on an emulator, and it's not like I'm gonna use a controller for an FPS game or a real time stategy.

I don't know why this is anything to be ashamed of.

Does anyone know of a controller that has the stick setup of a 360 controller but is compatible with PC and PS4?

I used to play USFIV with a 360 controller but its not compatible with the PS4 that all my local tourneys are using

So whats the best cheap/generic controller you guys have found or are currently using?

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QRKWLA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475454183&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=xbox 360 controller&dpPl=1&dpID=418h3hauXWL&ref=plSrch

This for PS/PS2.

For PC? Nothing's really worth it, the Xbone and DS4 are cheap enough and do a good job.

Dpad switching is a great feature.
Even if the controller isn't that great.

>Frequently Bought Together
>USB hub
this should tell you everything about the people who use that controller, kek

Is it just me that's using their 6yo ps3 controller?

What? There's literally nothing wrong with having a usb hub. They might be buying multiple controllers for local multiplayer and need 4 slots or something.

>What? There's literally nothing wrong with having a usb hub.
Latency, worse than those meme DS4 wrappers, specially a cheap one like the one sold there.

>They might be buying multiple controllers for local multiplayer and need 4 slots or something.
What computer box does not have at least 8 ports nowadays? Just get 4 extension cords.

Only 6 years? Mine's about 8

DS3 is awesome, but DS4 feels much better in my hands, DS3 was slightly more uncomfortable to hold with big hands.

Went from DS3 to DS4 a few months ago. DS3 still works great, original 2008 PS3 one.

The sticks feel like absolute shit

>Muh delicate man hands

yeah, i use it with ds4windows, neat software

I use InputMapper now, it got new updates a few days ago.
Works great.

I doubt the average casual pc gamer will notice any input latency at all. Only sweats and neet's will care about having the lowest of the low input latency because of their shitty multiplayer games they love to try hard in.

>What computer box does not have at least 8 ports nowadays?
>nowadays

You do realise that 95% of pc gamers are still running toasters, right? According to the steam survey most people still don't have anything better than shitty dual cores and gpu with 1gb vram. Even if you exclude all the laptops it's still the overwhelming majority. These people probably have shitty old dell pc's from back in 2005 with 2 usb ports.

>I doubt the average casual pc gamer will notice any input latency at all.

>You do realise that 95% of pc gamers are still running toasters, right?

That's exactly what I meant with >this should tell you everything about the people who use that controller

Thanks for clarifying to others.

>madcatz
>ps move
>steam controller
>vita

What the Fuck

yo jelly man?

>People complain about the Wii U controller being "too gimmicky".
>Defends useless features on the DS4.
L M A O

If anything I'm disappointed

So..they just normal regular gamers? I don't see your point.

Are you going to say something stupid like "DS4 is for the REAL gamer" or some retarded ass shit like that now?

Please enlighten us all about people who buy a cheap wired controller of amazon.

See
>worse than those meme DS4 wrappers

What gave you the idea I like the DS4?

>Tfw DS4windows works for every game under the sun EXCEPT for RE4

yeah i do
mainly for god eater

Touchpad is truly awesome, don't care about the other shit.

I bought a 10ft USB cable off Amazon for like $3

Doesn't RE4 use dinput?

See >I doubt the average casual pc gamer will notice any input latency at all.

Still waiting for you to enlighten us all about people who buy wired xbox 360 controllers off amazon.

I play with my ps3 controller because I can't justify getting a ds4

will probably getting a ds4 when my ps3 controller breaks (my other one is already starting to)
not going to buy a ps4 till its < 200$

Compared to what? A stick?
360 controllers suck at fightan because no dpad and XBONE controllers really aren't any better

>Still waiting for you to enlighten us all about people who buy wired xbox 360 controllers off amazon.
See
They are casual normies.

It uses both, but it seems finnicky with DS4 even with DS4Windows off

>They are casual normies.

What has this got to do with anything? There are thousands of sales of many other controller such as ds4 or xbone. Are these casual normie controllers too now?

What a stupid reply.

Yeah

It's also only like 20 bucks so you really can't beat it

Started playing Touhou with a wired X360 controller. The analog stick is so much more natural for controlling movement than fumbling around with a keyboard. Having focus on the right bumper rather than a "face button" (as all keyboard keys are) is great as well. My friend recommends me to switch to a DualShock because of the dpad but honestly I don't really see what the advantage to playing with a dpad over an analog stick would be in the case of Touhou.

Trying to not die too hard to Patchouli on EoSD Normal.

No, just that their opinion does not count.

Who the fuck cares? The original question was what was a good cheap and generic controller you've found or are using, not what the opinion of the people who use the controller concerning games was.

>R8

Admittedly, I've never used the Wii controller for anything really. Picked it up cheap in box new at goodwill for 24 bucks.

Madcatz made some pretty okay controllers. The Xbox controller is worse than it.

Sadly i don't have the money to do that and instead use a 360 controller.
But i would if i could.

>PC
>Using a controller at any point at all
Get the fuck out Reddit

I play with my Dualshock 2

DS4 would be god tier if you could use the accelerometer to aim like you can with the Steam controller, but the option in DS4Windows is shit

What kind of dumb man are you? The whole point of PC is the liberty to choose what ever method of input you want.

If you want to play with an Atari 2600 controller, you can

Lmao im fucking retarded and dont even know how to hook one up.

I KB+M every game.

do you have a good keyboard at least?

>Dualshock 4
>The Wii mote put into a ps3 controller

Why is Sony so desperate to immediately copy everything Nintendo does? This ranges from Playstation move, to playstation all stars, to a console conveniently after nx is announced

When will this "dark souls is sooo hard" meme die? you literally dodge / attack. Rinse and repeat against almost any enemy and you're guaranteed to get through the game without dying.

Too expensive. I use 10 bucks controllers, they work the same.

i bought this for $20 new

DELETE THIS!!!!

I still use the ds3. Is 4 better?

I bought an Xbox one controller just for PC and I have 2 DS4s. DS4s a shit

Anything is better than DS3

I also bought first a Xbone controller with the official PC dongle, still have it. But then I played with a DS4 at a friends place and bought a DS4 for myself too, haven't used the Xbone controller since, the DS4 is much better. Xbone a shit

this is the only controller that allows me to play street fighter with a flamboyant pink light

I play with this shit right here

Whoops, forgot my image.

No, I already had a 360 controller before I got my ps4 and it's just easier to keep using it.

>Memelords squealing about muh chinkware too hard to install
>install inputmapper
>it just works
Retards, all of you. Just throw your PC in the bin if this much fiddling is too much for you, you're clearly too stupid for anything other than consoles.

What drivers do you use? WiinuSoft is a pain in the fucking ass and crashes constantly. Why do I have to manually connect it via the bluetooth menu every time I want to use it?? there's gotta be something more akin to scp (yes, I know wiinusoft uses scp, I mean something as simple as how Dualshock uses scp)

xbone controller's D-pad is fine but really clicky and the bumpers are fucking weird. If you can get over that it's a decent controller. DS4 is great but the whole touchpad meme and the share button placement is stupid.

Only because i don't want to shell out the money for an xbox controller.

Ds4 is annoying as hell but works for the most part.

>X isn't X

Ds3 L2 and R2 triggers are the worst form of input in the history of mankind

>xbone controller
>use my android usb charger as a wire to hook it up to my pc

>mates ds4

>the two controllers use the same fucking micro USB port

M-M-M-M-MAXIMUM RETARD

You've lost the right to play video games, please deposit your meme machine at the nearest garbage dump and hand in your gaymer's license.

I never got this meme either. I don't care what the controller prompts are as long as they're consistent. I can be given 360 button prompts while holding a PS3 controller and still know what button to press because like keyboard typing, I don't need to look at my controller to know what each button is and I can just pretend I'm holding a 360 controller. Are people really that stupid?

Can you use the Steam controller as a kb/mouse replacement on your desktop? Like for browsing in bed?
Also, does Steam HAVE to be open to use it?

Sure. And I dont think so? It's a controller.

I'm more used to the Nintendo layout where A/B and X/Y are swapped compared to the Xbox one. I can get confused with the button prompts if I'm playing an Xbox game. The Nintendo layout and Dualshock shapes are perfectly interchangeable to me though.

As long as the button prompt images are standardised (full color for xbox and all black/white for Nintendo) then I don't have that problem. I'm usually pretty good at thinking about the game I'm playing. In fact I mapped a 360 controller XABY as BAXY for Dolphin gamecube emulation. As long as I remember what console the game I'm playing is supposed to be, it's usually not a problem.

Uh, no, I don't even own a Dualshock 4.

I switch between dpad and stick for different movements, but that is because I'm friggin weird. I do it for fighting games too.

Are there any good 3rd party Xbox-styled controllers with good dpads?

Yeah, things do get a lot more manageable when the Xbox game in question also tells you the colour of the button, but not all games do that.

No, 360 or go home
or steam controller for those games that don't have controller support

you have beautiful hands

I never understand why people use 360/xbone over DS3/4

>triggers have greater distance to push down on before they activate
>chunky buttons, have more resistance to pushing down
>overly chunky design
>click bumpers designed in a way that causes them to break in no time so that good goys buy replacements
>that fucking D pad
>inferior fightan controller
It just does not compute

I own all 3 and I can safely say:

DS4 = WUP > XB1

The only thing holding back the Xbone controller is the same thing that held back the 360 controller. The D-Pad. Sure it's a massive improvement over the 360's, but not on par with the DS4's or WUP's.

If the game natively supports it (or the emu supports DS4 input), I do. If not, 360 wired 4 lyfe.

I own 4 Dualshocks, but only use my Xbone or Buffalo SNES pads on PC.

Ps4 controller breaks too easy, Ill just stick with 360 or whatever else works without downloading malware.

> not even the elite

You fucked up son

Holy fuck, your have my watch.

>DS4 dpad
>Better than xbone

Try doing SNK fighter inputs on the xbone controller, mate.

Granted a fightstick is the best choice but taking it out and making room for it is a pain when I can just use a controller.

I have. Xbone is way better

Yes, I don't even have a PS4.

Yeah, it is, way better than the clunky mongoloid xbone """"""controller"""""""

(You)

>playing games for niggers

On PS4 and DS4win you can dim / disable the light bar. Gives a large boost to battery life.

>fightning games
>calls someone casual
lol nice