ITT: Bosses only you had trouble with

ITT: Bosses only you had trouble with

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5SJmCRoJI5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This faggot can fuck off, Aero was a total godsend for me.

>picks thief
>dies once to the tutorial boss in the easiest darksouls game to date

that was embarrasing :^)

i remember fighting the previous medusa form without using magic because ???

>Go to friend's house
>He's fighting this boss
>Gets really mad and starts slamming his controller into the floor
>Eventually gets up and rips his PS2 out of its cables
>Breathing heavily through closed teeth
Fucking Ursula man.

I cannot bully her. Holy shit.

DaS3 is pathetically easy but Gundyr is probably the hardest tutorial boss in Souls history. No, I'm not counting Cleric Beast.

fuck this faggot and fuck these boos that dodge every single fucking hit at the end

I got killed the most in DS3 by Nameless King, followed up by Deacons of the Deep. Virtually everyone else died on my first or second try.

fuck this stupid boss. this is objectively the worst designed boss ever made

Fuck.

I just spammed bombs

For me, the fucking Crystal Sage.

I swear, every fucking hit you want to get on him, he point-blanks you with a crystal sphere. Then during the clone phase, theres not enough invincibility frames during a roll to dodge EVERY SINGLE ROJECTILE.

Doesnt help that every single video of him is "Yeah just go up to him and attack him, and just hit the clones once, its easy".

>That final Boo

you don't need to attack his clones

Well you are meant to use the nearby towers and passages to block his projectiles, THEN run up to them and smack them in the faces. Takes a bit of practice but it does become easy except when he outright bullshits an autocast.

She was definitely the hardest boss in the game, except for maybe the final one

There's a trick with it I think with the cauldron
I had more trouble with the Fantasia boss which is very similar

Sundowner, I can't do clean cuts for shit

>gundyr harder than Gascoigne

Lmaoing at your life

Go behind her neck

The last boss is just a pain because of the unavoidable attack and the constant changing of weapon effects to damage him. The second phase is fun though.

Couldn't hit him when he got going fast

I haven't beaten/replayed DK64 because of this fight

It took me like 10 tries to realize that summoning help actually made him way harder.

This fight broke me

Took me 20+ tries. In comparison, shit like Flamelurker and Maneaters were

I'm apparently the only person on the internet that didn't beat this guy first try

Orstein and smough were easier to me than this fuck
i guess because im used to invasion and fighting 2 people but this guy was bullshit

Lies unless you saw the method to quit the game after each branch or bow and arrow method

Definitely fun, just had a little more going on than other bosses which made him more difficult but not in a cheap way.
Much better than the final boss in Dark Cloud 2

>playing kingdom hearts for the first time
>friend tells me ansem riku super hard
>beat him second try

Is he actually hard or does my friend just suck?

Fuck this jojo stand user piece of shit
my stamina bar was at 0 the whole fight even with green blossoms barely even get a chance to attack

Chernabog can suck my dick. I hated every moment of that fight.

wrong picture

>DANCE WATER DANCE

dude that boss was hard as shit
took me like 15 tries as a kid

It's okay user, Pontiff kicked my ass a lot as well. Took me at least 10 tries to finally beat him.

>mfw my friends say he was easy

>Moltres uses Agility!
>Moltres uses Ember!
>Moltres uses Ember!
>Two shots my partner before i can even heal him
fuck

It wasn't only you. I actually still had trouble with her when I replayed the series like two years ago.

Both of those were pretty hard though... unless you didn't play on the highest difficulty. You did play on the highest difficulty, right?

basically every boss after the first one

These fights are way easier just using an orb or throwing an item to stun or sleep the boss before they even get to you.

you cant use orbs on boss rooms

Hardest fight of my childhood.

>Last boss dont count!

No, fuck you. Everyone told how they got him 2-3rd time and I was stuck 3 fucking hours, 50 fucking retries.

This fucker

That doesn't make sense you dip.
Either way I only had trouble with Opposite Armor when I was a kid, KH bosses are only difficult for kids.

I literally had to play this fight over 50 times before I could beat him.
I blew through Monsoon on the first try. What the fuck

STILL HAVEN'T BEAT THIS PIECE OF SHIT TO THIS DAY

8 years and over 1000 tries and I still can't beat Flandre on expert

The new trial are nothing compare to this

VERY TASTY

Only because I didn't wanted to grind or catch those shitty rock types

>DUDE I HAVE A HEALING ATTACK THAT TAKES OUT HALF THE HEALTH OF YOUR ENTIRE PARTY LMAO
>DUDE I'M ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO BIND LMAO
>DUDE I CAN SUMMON BACK ROW ALLIES THAT HAVE A SHIT TON OF HEALTH LMAO

I don't even remember that line.

what weapon were you using?

I had to upgrade a weapon from scratch for Pontiff
DS3 fucked over slow weapon users

Gascan isn't a tutorial boss, and he's piss easy anyway. Cleric Beast is honestly harder than him.

>get literally any slowpoke
>spam curse at the jigglypuff, heal it if needed
>headbutt everything in your way
ez

It's the shittiest, stupidest, most trial and error boss on the planet.

Everybody died unless they cheated (PSA: guides are cheating).

I was using exile greatsword

i died 1st time but won second time

I don't know why.

You're not the only one. 15+ tries for me the first time.

the sweeping attack was unexpected on the first playthrough

I died to him a lot because I kept staying at a range. I figured out his attacks when you were close weren't that bad and had a better time.

I went deprived and died to him a few times. I usually play with a shield.

why were wario games so fucking superior when compared to mario and yet so underrated and unpopular amongst the masses?

NO FUCK YOU RABBIT FUCK

I never could get past her.

And I reached lvl 86 trying.

Everytime I play Demon's (as anything other than a magic character) I always have trouble with this boss.

I can fucking obliterate any other boss though.

Oh fuck.
The memories. I can't stop them.

I still haven't beaten the game because of this fight.

>thread about bosses only you had trouble with
>references a boss infamous for giving trouble to pretty much everyone and their mothers

This is why we can't have good things.

Most Mega Man fans reacted to that Japanese Air Man song with "What is he talking about? Air Man's not that hard!"

I was not one of those fans.

Pretty sure that describes everyone who's played that game. Everyone complains about the triple Bobbins Bros. fight.

>game that telegraphs every move to you
>hard
even back then this was easy, come on

Nintendo didn't want anyone making their poster boy look bad so they buried the poor fuckers

Replaying KH2 on Proud Mode was a weird experience because some bosses that everyone says are incredibly difficult (Demyx, Xaldin) gave me barely any trouble, whereas bosses that I easily defeated before were really frustrating the second time around.

This stupid thing gave me a ton of trouble on Proud, even though on Normal it wasn't too bad. The Groundshaker was also notorious for this.

yeah, in my very first file I could get really, really far on her but it seemed to never end. it was like a dps test I could never finish

This entire boss teaches you not to use a shield.

I had trouble with this thing the third time I played.

I have trouble with this boss not because it's hard, but because it creeps me the fuck out. I literally cringe when fighting her.

Only boost guardian was harder for me.

These bishie fuckers and Champion Gundyr fucked me way harder than they should have.

>It's a final boss is hard as balls in his first form but his final form is piss easy episode

FogKnight DarkSouls 2 second DLC

>Paralyze it with a Grass or Bug Pokemon, or anything that gets status moves
>Better yet, lower its accuracy with Sand-Attack/Smokescreen and Poison it
GG. Even if you're only dealing small amounts of damage per turn, you will win a war of attrition if you prevent it from building up Rollout and deny it the turns it needs to use Milk Drink.

>gascoigne
>tutorial boss
>hard
english isn't your first langauge

>look this faggot up
>apparently considered one of the easiest bosses in the game
>tfw had more trouble with this piece of shit than Ghost Doku on Hard

What the fuck, user?

For me, it was the Dark Chykka. I completely forgot how to damage him on his final form.

Are you me?

I kept on dying because I wanted to beat him the "real" way instead of just cheesing the fucker out.

this boss was harder than sephiroth for me

To this day I still haven't managed to beat her

Yes this guy fucked me up with that shitty bite move. Alma was a cakewalk in comparison, but it was the opposites on hard. Paz Zuu fucked me the hardest.

>"There's no way you're taking Kairi's heart"
>His face when
>Proceeds to wreck my shit every time

Looking back Aero was such a great spell. It's a shame as a kid I never once used any magic that wasn't cure.

>Both of those bosses were hard unless you played on the hardest difficulty which made them easy.

Nani?

>Nani?

fucking weeb

Same. I'll get around to it eventually.

I have like 3 friends who have the same story and I can never understand why. Jelly Ultras, maxed out Bobbery, and Zess Dynamite are usually all it takes.

Alma isn't TOO bad, once you know how to defeat her.

With Smaugan, it had been awhile since I'd played, so I completely and totally forgot how to beat him. Turns out one of the best ways to beat him is to just use the Dabilahro, charging UTs and hoping you don't get shot by the arrow guys. Or better yet, kill them and absorb their essence for UTs.

Paz Zuu fucked me up a bit until I found out that Fire Wheels + Lunar fucks him up something bad.

>Looking back Aero was such a great spell. It's a shame as a kid I never once used any magic that wasn't cure.
I feel like the only one who bothered to use Aero in that game, way back when. I mean, it gives you a defense buff. Come on, people. I used it basically during any boss encounter and against some regular enemies too.

>mfw strike raid on his ultimate move
>mfw strike raid on Xemnas' whole fight
>mfw strike raid on Sephiroth's meteor
>mfw strike raid

What weapon and build where you using?

>randomly hit the boss!
at least the other ones you can read, this one is just a chore

It was before people made guides for this kind of stuff readily available. Sure there were gamefaqs walkthroughs but I didn't know at the time so had no strats or anything.

>belt on the monitor

this fucking game wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that once your main character dies, its game over.... in a fucking turn based RPG!

>rustled jimmies

>cant beat this boss
>fail 4 times in a row
>the fifth try, I'm close but I get wombo'd
>don't die
>swim around avoiding attacks and letting my partners deal all the damage
>wonder why she gets so low but won't die
>i realize i have to be the one to kill her
>yolo in on a suicide run
>barely dodge attacks that would all kill me
>combo her fat face
>die at the same time I kill her
>still beat her somehow

Dying to this boss isn't really "having trouble," considering it's the only boss in the game that gives you checkpoints part of the way through.

I happened to just like magic enough to focus it in that game. I'd use every spell imaginable. I think Aero was my R2+X spell.

Fucker

I just couldn't dodge it, I'm retarded or something idk.

mundus from DMC1 on the DMD difficulty

>people posting actually difficult bosses ITT

Here's a fight that shouldn't have been hard, but it gave me more trouble than O&S and Four Kings combined

I had some trouble and I defeated him without breaking his shields my first win. Wasn't till boss rush that I realized you're supposed to break them.

That's where I quit when I was a kid.

Maybe not trouble, but I'm probably the only person here who lost three times. It's a shame I'll never live down.

This fucking thing, everyone I knew killed it so easily, but I struggled for so long, it took forever until I just BARELY killed it with one person alive at like 5 health

It turned me off from the game series forever.

>play for the first time
>no problem with that boss, but game is fairly challenging
>replaying it and have no elemental damage dealer
>the fucking pain this boss was

I WANT ANOTHER WARIO LAND RIGHT FUCKING NOW! THIS GAME WAS FUCKING TITS! Also fuck this boss - took me like 10 minutes to beat him in one trial

How?

All you have to do is hit then run. Occasionally getting the opportunity to isolate them for multiple hits then running. The only way I can see that part being a problem is if you had incredibly bad ADHD which created a lack of patience within you.

Yea this was pretty brutal

A lot of people had trouble with that boss you fucker.

I played KH2 for the first time on normal years ago and had no trouble with but I spent more than a day on Xaldyn.

Played final mix on proud (or whatever the highest difficulty is called) and it was the other way around. Beat Xaldyn first try but that experiment took me way too many hours.

Haven't beat Terra yet though.

My basic plan against every fight in the game prior to that was "shield lots, heal lots." This fight didn't let you do either.

It's okay, user.

I couldn't even do it on Normal difficulty. I have no idea how I ever did it as a kid.

Fuck you for making me relive this shit.

H-he's fast okay, he closes up his weak spot too quick for me.

bitch enraged me so hard i broke the disc when i was a kid.

I had trouble with that bitch in CoM HD Proud because of the bullshit RNG of the cards. Oh this tentacle didn't give you a Mickey? Ha ha fuck you you are out of cards get raped

If you have soul arrow (or whatever the spell the noble class started out with) and some decent resistance (gear, stats, etc), you can win without much difficulty.

The gaping dragon becomes boring as fuck once you figure out the pattern.

Title defense Glass joe was a goddamn pain in the ass.

I feel several bosses in FFX are tough the first playthrough, but ridiculously easy to abuse on repeat plays with minimal effort

>I have like 3 friends who have the same story and I can never understand why.
It's because the rest of the game can be beat with really inoptimal play, using shitty badges and stuff. Then the final boss comes along and is like "hey you ready for a long-term battle where I have 250HP and deal potentially big damage every few turns" and a lot of the people who didn't put much effort into learning Perfect Guard and don't know how useful the Crystal Star skills are and aren't abusing Multibounce/Danger Mario/what have you just melt from the difficulty.

This thing made me quit playing the game for a while, I just couldn't beat her and got frustrated.

Came back after a while, took a different route and beat the BSB, and when I went for Amelia again I had no problem at all. I had just gotten familiar with timing the rolls then, I guess

Another one is the one reborn, I had trouble with it even after beating the harder chalice bosses.

>tfw i fought pontiff sulyvahn 30+ times without even damaging him

The only difficult boss in the game is the first Cackletta fight
And half of that is because the edge of the black holes she sends under her feet are kinda unclear so it's easy to mistime your jumps, and then you're stuck with the heavy debuff.

Only boss I had trouble on was Armstrong because I forgot you could move during Blade Mode and kept fucking up the part where he throws shit at you

i recently played through the game on kh 1.5 proud mode and i ended up having to go get aeroga to deflect his faggot balls because they would 2 shot me

W b over thought that this abomination was a good idea should be dragged down the street and shot. The absolute worst boss I've ever faced.

You don't even necessarily need to abuse Zess T's bullshit cooking, all you need is Vivian to dodge her big attack

I beat the whole game the first time without ever Superguarding so if a fucking moron like me could do it, it can't be that bad.

only on the hardest difficulty since everything kills you in just about 1 hit. she is really just a long fight due to not being able to really get close and do a lot of damage in a short time without getting killed super quick

You think she's bad in KH1, wait until you fight her a Riku in Chain of Memories PS2.

Talk about bullshit.

I didn't even realize you could damage the missile launchers separately until I made everyone Ninjas and Summoners and started spamming Thunder Scrolls and Rammuh, after numerous failed attempts.

This crossdressing asshat. Can't even see the arrows until they're embedded in your skull. Honestly the only difficult part about him was that you're returned to the first bonfire in londo whenever you kill him

this fucker, i ended up having to get a friend to do it for me

Great shield and butcher knife. I can't into parrying, and DaS3 was my first Souls aside from Bloodborne.

no one played this fucking game

but damn, those fucking bosses

Now cue the teasing.

I only beat him on my first try once. I was fully expecting to die so I went in, running carelessly, rolling whenever I felt like it and wound up hitting both weak points, jumping onto the root bridge first shot and killing the bug inside without effort.

>wonderland as riku

Fuck the entire length and width of this guy.

Easiest boss in the game but I was just fucking retarded at them.

One shot Orphan and Maria, but fuck this encounter.

>First time playing Dark Souls 3.
>Pick knight.
>Two hand sword.
>Know how to dodge instinctively somehow.
>Wind up killing him before he can transform.
And that was how I knew Dark Souls 3 was made for me.

If you have soul arrow

But what of melee builds?

Same
I've only beaten Sulyvahn legit once, and that was with a Dark Magic build

I had to grind to beat him, on the normal difficulty. Well my younger self had to though, could probably beat him easily now considering i didn't understand the gaurd mechanic back then.

Then shit gets a whole lot harder. Can't really say anything since i didn't try fighting it on melee though.

Maybe go with a bow?

Sushie assrapes that thing though
Cloud boss is way harder

You had the fire boots badge, right? Makes the fight piss-easy.

I'm always amazed at what bosses people have problems with. Like it only took me 3 tries after figuring out what was going on with his shadow doppelganger.

It's piss-easy on normal so yeah. Generally speaking though I avoid the highest difficulties.

First Dark Souls I played.I was shit at dodging so I lamed out every fight with my shield until I met this guy.

Tbqh I'm surprised at the creativity of some enemy attacks in M&L games.

He's a bitch in Traverse Town because you don't have Heal yet.

>Getting tired of running all the way back to the boss room while I'm helping my friend beat him, realize it's so much easier alone.
>Tell him not to attack, only to block and dodge.
>Equip flame swathe
>Equip charge healing items.
>Cast flame swathe 6 times (this was on NG++ on the original game)
>Heal all charges.
>Cast flame swathe another 6 times.
>Heal charges, repeat the above multiple times.
>He dies and I feel no satisfaction.

Trick to this fight is to equip every thunder negating equipment you have like 3 thungara ring. Spam aero throughout the fight and dolphin kick away when she does the mouth sucking move or her ultimate lightning move.

>10 tries
I keep seeing this number, "10 tries".
Is that considered hard? Can Souls bosses really be done in with low double digit attempts? That seems rather weak to me.

I still remember the day I beat this, such a funky and fresh game

>Have trouble with a boss
>Look up a faq
>so this boss is really easy, just use your best attacks and heal and it should go down in a few turns

>playing SMTIV for first time
>assume i'm fucking retarded dying in the first five minutes
>nope, the game is just really unforgiving in the first five minutes
Okay, well, that's good to know.
>grind a bunch
>got some cool demons and shit
>boss is still like 3 levels above me when I run into it.

God damn. Nocturne wasn't that bad until like Matador.

>having trouble with boss
>die
>try again doing literally nothing different
>annihilate it's ass

I thought you had to die to introduce the underworld thing

Then I died some more

It's actually faster to force close and reopen your save if you save a bunch. Plus, don't have to spend any Micky D's.

loos a lot like SMT Lucifer

too bad after minotaur the game becomes piss easy unless you do something stupid like try to keep a balanced character

>Look up a faq
>so this boss is really easy, just use that obscure, hidden item/ability you got in that area that is now locked off

I'm not sure what happened to pyromancy, if it was nerfed or something. But when the game first came out I chose knight. Out of luck I found pyromancy and followed that path. I absolutely obliterated every boss iron flesh, including this one. I didn't even try to dodge when I fought him. I put iron flesh n, walked up to him and spammed attacks.

>You can poison him to make the fight easymode
I was not prepared for this. FF games never let you use status on bosses, at least 5 onward.

I can't find a picture of the boss, because it wasn't terribly important in the narrative. But it was the first boss in Riki's part of Saga Frontier. That fight kept me from finishing the game for a long time, and guaranteed that I will never replay that chapter now that I beat it.

That, and monster characters sucked all of the ass. Either their abilities were terrible, or they were boring. I think both.

Whenever he'd do that shield block thing I'd just run around to his back and hit him normally. Way more consistent.

Just got this game on my N3DS a few months ago.

Holy shit that turtle was fucking frustrating

>Snowman dolls
>Ultra Sushi
>Fire badge
>Ice badge
Even without the badges just load up on Snowman dolls and use them whenever it gets on fire

This shouldn't have been in the game.

Even as a kid, I had a thing about only using the buster on my first playthrough. Air Man was hard as fuck.

I started catherine on easy and must have spent almost an hour on 2-3 (the one with fork monster)

After a while I realized that restarting from the checkpoint actually puts you in the exact same position as when you reached it in the first place, and I was in a shitty spot then so I started starting from the beginning and even after another dozen or so tries I finally completed it

Only died a few times on 3-3 as well

>avoid his wings when he rushes at you!
>just kidding haha his hitbox takes up almost the whole screen :^)

it was because i was playing shieldless and i couldnt handle his relentless bullshit. i put on a shield and beat him in 2 tries. also his second phase is easier than the first one.

>Get to the final fight
>HOLY FUCK THIS IS HARD
>chin up and keep going
>emulator crashes because was still in development
>ragequit like the baby i was

I never got to play it again. was it fixed?

First boner bosses more like it

This gui.

You have to charge spin sprint jump and time it to be able to damage him. I've almost beaten him a few times, but it was always kinda difficult.

But the biggest reason why i've never beaten oracle of seasons over the years is because I had seasons and ages both, and they have three files each. I always forgot which file to use, and how you got to the boss. I lost interest in under a minute every time.

>Start with 1 HP
>She did this move first

Back then I was lucky to make it with even 1 bro alive.

Make a deck consisting only of nines.
If you don't have a lot of nines, use nines and eight and put tons of Shadows.

LITERALLY THE STRONGEST DECK!

I kept a balanced character and it came out okay. It just about managing your skills to be efficient as possible. My Flynn ended up becoming a balanced stat booster while mostly all the other demons in my party were more on the offensive side.

>Start with 1 HP
>Finally have a reason to use those Golden Mushrooms/MAX Nuts you've been hording all game

I don't know what I'm doing wrong

I'm following Cred Forums's advice and killing the small pig first, but then he just goes and kills my party
Ive run out of gold and 20 different parties on this guy

I had trouble with him back when the game was new and I was 10.
He tends to come up when the hardest Zelda bosses are discussed. Not that Zelda bosses tend to be that hard compared to many other games.

>I'm following Cred Forums's advice and killing the small pig first, but then he just goes and kills my party

WHO
THE
FUCK
TOLD YOU THAT

I WANNA FUCKING KILL HIM RIGHT NOW.

Because they WEREN'T superior or underrated. You just have shit taste.

The worst part is Dismas and Reynauld both died to him
Reynauld managed to stay at Death's Door for like 15 different checks before he died

>notice you can just leave in the middle of his fight
>go into the factory area, go outside and up the ladder
>he floats up to come after you

Kind of neat finding that the first time. But otherwise I remember fighting him on Proud the first time and getting hit with those shots when he's just a body and head, and those would one shot me unless I dodged them just perfectly. Made that low level run more exciting.

This asshat the only boss where I abuse save states

I-I just didn't have enough potions man and I had no saves other than that one so I never fucking beat him, I was pretty stupid back then.

I'm assuming that's CoM for GBA. I only played Re:CoM on PS2 and I built a deck consisting of many healing items, zeroes and small number cards so I could break up powerful attacks and counter with Ars Arcanum when the faggots reshuffled.

Don't touch the small pig, EVER. You got rused to death user.

>Following Cred Forums's advice
>Your party all shout to not shoot/hit the small one
It's your own fault at this point.

I haven't played this game in 6 months because I got stuck on this fuck

For some reason I loved this boss after first time trough and wanted to fight him again. Which was a mistake.

I kept dying so many fucking times on this that I remember that motherfucking cutscene by heart to this day since you couldn't skip cutscenes.
Its even more embarrassing that DSP beat him without a problem, I must have been a stupid kid or something

DEATH AWAITS YOU

i learned how much of a retard i was playing through dragon quest 7 on the 3ds

when i first played it on the ps1 i pretty much never used status moves outside of buffs and debuffs
so i decide to put my party on fight wisely expecting them to just bullshit predict heals and buffs

>my fucking face when you can put metal slimes to sleep, poison the dark dragon and several other bosses, and make most enemies useless with hallucinate or sleep

why did rpgs stop allowing status on bosses? this shit is rad

>anything but deprived
The game is easy enough as it is user

Yeah he isn't particularly difficult though if you know what to do. I was just shit at executing it back when and I lost interest in trying.

Also the first boss in Ages, the pumpkin head. It kept me off the game for months cause I just couldn't grasp what to do and actually throw the head.

Then came the next bottleneck in Ages. Since you can get three different animal companions, you have to try them out in the game. It took me months to get past the graveyard where you have to fly past 3 or 5 tiles or something. Absolutely impossible to understand how to fly for some reason. I hate that fucking dumb bear, and I'll never play oracles or seasons again if you can't get over the bear and the stupid dancing. The games were good, but those things were awful. The codes are shite too.

Remind yourself that the Ancestor did nothing wrong

>not wanting to see doctor and digger titties
FAGGAY

I-i really don´t know why

that piece of shit is ridiculous on damn im good

i thought Cred Forums wasnt full of casual baby scum? how come so many of you actually quit a videogame when you got to a challenge?
pathetic, no wonder none of you succeed in anything

I think there's a legitimate reason to not allow most status effects on bosses, but games need a way to tell you when a boss is susceptible to something with an examine ability like in Earthbound or Persona.

>Haven't touched the game in fucking months

have been new stuff?

I actually don't know how to deal with him as Nero. I can't dodge his attacks reliably in the air.

This faggot right here

>I built a deck consisting of many healing items, zeroes and small number cards

The deck I'm using, for GBA and for PS2/3, is an all 9 deck consisting of 3 Cures, 1 Elixir and as many keyblades as the CP allows.
For Enemy cards, I like Barrel Spider for when I used up my Elixir and Sea Neon for Randomised Values when I feel like busting out a sleight.

Did anyone ever played CoM multiplayer btw?

Guess why

More like you need an explicit sign that bosses are susceptible. I can't even think of a game where you can put status on a boss.

>FAQ
>Recommended level: 33
>you're 25

That guy is the reason I never beat Killer 7. It's a shame because I've seen little bits and pieces of later in the game and it seems like the coolest shit ever.

Can't really tell, he's sloppy as fuck.

Darkbeast Pearl or whatever from Bloodborne. Everybody says how easy he is and I always get my ass handed to me.

Not really a boss but when I was a kid I could not mash hard enough to beat this part of the game.

Not your fault user, it is literally impossible to beat normally. The only way is to rub a spoon against the buttons.

You're gonna actually have to explain this one to me - did you spam pyromancies at him or something?

>not making a deck revolving around sleights
Its harder in CoM, but in Re:CoM, you can do shit like 3 lethal frames that give way to sonic blades after you reload. Toss in Jafar so they don't get broken and zero value elixir or mega-lixir to get them back. That's how I got a hollow victory against Larxene and Riku.

Boney and Duster are fucking MVPs in Mother 3
>Both are fast as fuck
>Sniff to find out enemy weakness
>Duster uses Wall Staples since they work on almost everything
>On Duster's next turn use whatever Boney said the enemy was weak to

What really? All my friends at the time had me believe they beat it with relative ease.

I ended up getting a madcatz controller for baby hands and a turbo button to get passed it.

I bet you kept backing up into that one hole in the arena.

That fucker right here! The only thing making me not want to do a second playthrough.

oh god I remember this extremely vividly
but you're wrong user. It took me hours, but I was able to do it on my own

except for the fact that parrying makes the first half of the fight last all but 3 seconds. Plus the second form is weak to fire, and you get a shit ton of firebombs from the cemetery literally right before the fog gate, so most players are going to use those out of habit.

The only fucking stupid boss is the one without a head.

Fuck this guy and his fucking artificial difficulty bullshit

That one mechanic where everything happens at once and EVERYONE died

Town events were finally added. Pretty good stuff.

Likewise Red Hook has tried to cut down on the grind by letting you get pre-leveled heroes off the stage coaches as an upgrade. Some rebalances.

We got some of the new comics; bretty gud stuff

Hardest boss in the game, the first time I beat her it froze afterwards so I just stopped playing for a while.

>auto guard with longer range than you'd expect
>that bullshit sanic spin move
>that stun move he does to start his combos
Fucker forces you to be aggressive but then he does that jump thing to reset your positions and possibly knock you in the air.

Learn to block, use 2-3 hit combos max to prevent him resetting. Rely on turtling mixed with punishes

Dude you just have to wait him lay down and give some hits

To be fair, I had trouble with all the bosses, especially that tiger

One of my friends was pro-level at videogames but he had no sense of rhythm and he literally could not pass the lowrider mission in gta san andreas and had to have someone do it for him.

I only ever had a problem with Crystal Sage when trying to run a pure caster build.

any kind of melee will rip through him. If you're a caster, just equip a sword or mace and smack him a few times. He should star prioritizing homing crystal masses and his slower spell over the line on the ground.

When he spawns the clones, just whack them once with your melee weapon and use the pillars for cover (since they like to hide behind those)

honestly vagina dragon was way easy, but i had zero clue about where the BS was near darkroot so i had no weapon upgrades.

I made the mistake of summoning Solaire my first time, and he died in the first two minutes, so it took forever for me to kill the damn thing

I only remember a few enemies where Wall Staples and Smoke Bombs were particularly useful, for most bosses Duster was a godlike debuffer though, especially when paired with Kumatora. Fright Mask first, then Offense Down from Kumatora, next turn Tickle Stick first, then Defense Down. Meanwhile Lucas should be using Offense Up and you can pretty much beat down anything without a severely damaging AoE PSI attack without worry.

>I'm following Cred Forums's advice and killing the small pig first

Everyone kept dying, I ended up just locking on and shooting her with ruby doing 1 each hit

I beat this bitch after a 2 year hiatus.

I went with the cheese method with this bitch, where you continuously trade HP for AP and get the danger badges. Beat the fucker in one move with just multibounce

Really? In my experience the Wall Staples or the item that forced enemies to turn around completely fucking disabled half the bosses in the game, on top of his other debuffs.

ay thats a good fight tho

I was stuck on Banjo-Kazooie for the longest time because of this guy, fuck I was stupid with vidya as a kid.

Well, for me the Siren Beetle in particular seemed really unreliable, or a temporary solution at best. Meanwhile just maxing out your offense and minimizing the opponents' offense and defense just lets you combo everything to death with no sweat, don't even need to waste PP on offensive PSI.

Both my brothers had trouble with this part and would call me in to mash it for them. I didn't see what the big deal was, just a generic button masher. Never played Star Fox Adventure at all besides that section.

For me, it was Bane, not the final boss version. Any boss where you have to deal with lackeys while you're dealing with the boss as well, I can't do without a ton of trouble, because I feel like it's just terribly designed.

i seemed to constantly get fucked by twin princes.

Everyone claims they have a huge delay on their teleports, but every time i go to fight the fuckers i always get the one that teleports directly on top of me with zero warning, instead of the one that's off to the side and gives you a huge window to react to it.

I actually never got past that fight.

>if you didn't level all characters equally you were nearly fucked
game taught me a fundamental lesson

This game had some great bosses, but screw that tiger forever. He made me abnormally mad as a child, and I usually didn't get that upset with games. I think it was the closest I ever got to breaking a controller.

Fuck this guy

This fucking fight, oh my god.
I'm getting pissed just thinking of it.

The bane of all my runs

cause he's hot?

>get to this motherfucker on my first play through
>die over and over again making the same amount of progress each time
>getting real tired running through the gauntlet of enemies
>say "fuck it" and summon someone to help me
>they join
>run through the gauntlet hoping they would follow me
>they dont
>they dont even go through the fog gate
>have to fight him alone again
>a mix of anger and rage burning inside me because they are still here but they refused to go through the fog gate and wanted me to suffer
>actually manage to beat him with the enhanced difficulty due to summons
>mfw
I never felt more alive

HOLY SHIT I'M FINALLY NOT ALONE ON THIS FUCKING SITE

Kill me

honestly though it's the perfect storm of complete bullshit in Isaac

>long periods of hiding underground and being immune to all attacks
>spawns creep which limits your mobility around the room
>spiral bullet hell projectiles with varying speeds so you can't reliably dodge
>also spawns enemies, and often it's the reskin that has a way larger health pool which takes longer to kill

Mega Satan, Ultra Greed, and Hush are no problem for me, even on most Lost or Keeper runs. But any time i face the fucking Stain on those characters i'm almost guaranteed to die unless i lucked out and became super overpowered beforehand

Are there more new releases? Last one I saw was Antiquarian, and they don't look like they have it on the website.

this fucking boss, +60 tries only boss in souls I had a real fucking hard time with, got PTSD from this shit

flying that fucking bear kicked my ass as a kid. It was really fucking easy when I played through it now though

Ayy yo dont worry, I got you
Ive made a habit of dumping them

RIP Maes Hughes
;_;7

Hooray!

FUCK THIS BOSS

I NEVER BEAT THE GAME BECAUSE OF HIM

>boss' weakness only comes on shit party members
>fuck it all lightning damage party
>even though they're all terrible
>run a train on the boss
fuck it, we'll do it live

FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Unfortunately, they only came out with these three, so still waiting on that Jester, Hellion, and Houndmaster

Gave up on this game because of this guy.

Best girl.

I think I beat him because I didn't not to think about how to fight him. I ended up just going "fuck it" and just kept randomly ramming into him and hope for the best.

It worked but I don't feel satisfied at all.

That guy gives a lot of people trouble, and is a big hurdle on speedruns due to how low on energy you'll typically be.

A lot of people make the mistake of pelting him with super missiles, it makes him retaliate with a sweeping barrage attack. Best way to deal with him is just missiles.

YamatoMan.exe was worse desu

Nah senpai, Arbalest best girl
She a gud gurl
She din du nuffin

>this boss is really easy just don't get hit and attack him

Hah. That's actually a much better origin story than I had expected.

I feel he's harder in MHG, but they didn't make any changes to him, did they?

I don't know why, I have such a hard time dealing with him. Maybe I get too greedy in hitting him.

This fucker right here took me 30+ retries in DMD.
I don't know why it's so hard for me.
The vines sprung out of him deals a shit ton of damage.

fuck this shit i just spammed aeon overdrives

>normal enemies get killed too easily for status to be worth it
>bosses are immune
WHAT'S THE FUCKING POINT?

The fishes are extremely annoying if you don't have the right guns. Melee doesn't do shit.

The lack of telegraphing attacks in this game and Sora's block being slow as fuck are making my Proud run fucking awful.

Last few playthroughs ive had more trouble with articuno.
>mfw trying to play the game as a cubone

FIRRRRRRRRRRRRE WATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTER
youtube.com/watch?v=5SJmCRoJI5I

FFV is surprisingly lenient about that stuff

I'm horrible at fighting Del Lago

I think I could reliably play the game up until Del Lago without getting hit or missing a shot but as soon as I hit him all my health items just disappear

>only one recommended strategy
>keep losing with it
>ask for help
>recommends same strategy

>Lmao lemme just shit out light that can ToD combo you.

God it took me a while to get a group together who was able to clear him back when I only had a 205 ilevel but damn if finally killing him was not supremely satisfying. I still use as my title and his bird barding is still pretty tight shit.

I do find it kind of funny his crafted items revolve around luminous fibers opposed to him dropping any sort of new material. Which to be fair, if it took me a few weeks to be able to finish his fight, it would be awful trying to get into right after the patch dropped and have people who have never cleared it before get in the way.

Also this guy was surprisingly annoying as well if not for the one dumbass who didn't get marked with green and didn't move out of the way so the orange marked can get up in front of him and do some DPS before the towers pop up again. And more obviously
>people who get caught standing in blue.

I had to develop superhuman reflexes to beat this motherfucker

Fuck that fight. Just fuck it. There is having a fight that relies on teamwork and then there is a fight that turns the game into a 1v8 with you being the 1 and the 8 being 7 retards and the boss. Thankfully Sophia is actually forgiving if you fuck up.

>proud
Wait till you do critical senpai

Naw dude, the dog trio were fucking nuts in the original ranger

This guy is the best boss in the whole game. One of the only ones where theres no gimmick like a beserk bar or water forms. The only way to win is to git gud.

>mfw I usually MT everything because 1. I kind of like the pseudo-leader status that comes with it and 2. I have a hard time trusting other people to MT Extreme trials since I enjoy playing more conservatively with PLD even though I don't mind letting loose with WAR as OT every so often

Oh and 3. There are a fair number of dumbasses on Lamia so I'm not about to let most of them waste my time

>First playthrough
>Chaos mode
>constant aoe barrier
>retarded ai running into every straight, slow moving projectile
>killing field

First time in my life I wanted to break my controller

>get to a point in the game where you have to beat the enemy is a number of turns
>never able to do enough damage no matter what I do
>save point fucked me and I can't ever go back or get more items
>quit
>years later
>look a tutorial on beating it
>the guy instakills the boss in no time
>realize I was like 25-30 levels under leveled

Was I good, or stupid, I don't know, but that shit annoyed me

Im thinking of switching to tank or healer for the remainder of the expansion. Been a black mage main since i started but im tired of shit tanks and healers.

Even on hard you can just bumrush him with the buster. He'll die before you do. Don't try to dodge.

The 1st or second round of fighting him?

Never beat the game for this dragon. And i thought the captain from peter pan was difficult.

this is the boss i never beat. Mewtwo in s-hard is imposible. Every year when i go back to my old house i turn on my n64 and play this. My friends get stresed just watching me play

>NOT VERY TASTY

Fuck this guy. I don't know why, but Oceiros served me my asshole on a platter probably a dozen times before I beat him

>Lmao lemme just walk around the arena in a circle so the light can't hit me
That was hard. Unless you mean his data fight in which case just do the same thing but glide instead

>Second Bloodborne playthrough
>Have an easy time with every boss
>Have 99 Insight
>"Micolash? Psssh! He was easy last time!"

...I didn't know...

I DIDN'T KNOOOOOOOOOW!

Holy shit that fight was so fucking hard for me. I was a dex fag with low poise and vitality so they raped me like 20 times.

The second time you fight this fucker, in the Underworld he was a cakewalk but it took younger me at least 20 tries to beat him the second time around

tbf if you're playing this game recently it's hard fighting against aged shit

How do I kill this fucker? I haven`t play in months beause of him.

He's actually really easy when you realise thunder knocks him out of whatever he's doing

Literally at the part where he jumps down don't jump down and just throw poison knives and you win.

FUCK, dusting off the PS2 tonight

Just hit at his back feet. The fuck is up with people naming the easier BB bosses.

Are you me? I fucking love that game but for the life of me cannot get interested in monster types

If you can beark a single back leg, the fight is over, you can just cycle around breaking the rest of the legs and funlock him. Learrning to dodge into his right-left sweeps took a while though, but goes down to buttpokes just like any other giant boss

Both

This asshole blew me apart again and again until I learned how to cheese his fight.

Every time I did that, he'd move away and it would be impossible to aim at him. That strategy never worked for me.

Do I have the worst copy of this game in the world, or is the lock-on fucking atrocious? That, and the combat and platforming clash with each other constantly.

Best way is surprisingly just not to lock on. Literally run and jump dodge hit his feet once or twice with a charged attack and he'll fall. Then just keep hitting his feet and you can literally stun lock him into a victory.

>Kairi! Kairi! Open your eyes!

You're not alone brother

Yeah, that's what I did. I had to get in close and pray that he wouldn't use his Blooming Onion spell.

Whoops, sorry thought you were talking about the darkbeast. And IDK what to tell ya then, just jump down and throw the knives then dodge.

I dont think what should be counted are the number of deaths, but the number of specific instances of learning that have to occur, to consider a boss challenging. Learning when to dodge, timing i-frames, exploiting weaknesses and openings - the more individual hoops you have to jump through to kill a boss.

I will die to some souls bosses about thirty or forty times, but once i learn all of their moves, i rarely take damage in successive fights.

Was convinced Cleric Beast was tut boss. Somehow I beat him solo first time playing. And I didn't even gun parry. Holy shit do I feel like a retard not using guns properly first few runs.

Why oh why must I fall to this shithead?

I suppose my tip for the darkbeast somehow managed to go through as a tip for Micolash. Neat.

Yeah the fight becomes really easy when you abuse thunder. The only real issue is doing the water forms since you can't stop that. Theres nothing worse than only having 1 form left when you run out of time :((

>There's no way you're taking Kairi's heart!

I didn't even realize Darkbeast was vulnerable to poison. Shit, that probably would've been easier to do than what I did.

Granted, I kicked it's ass, but still.

>Take a look at this tiny place...

I absolutely loved the fight track though, so to me I didnt care how many times Riku kicked my ass

shockwaves were introduced for just a sprinkle of extra artificial difficulty, combined with completely untelegraphed and illogical attack animations make ds2 the worst souls game in terms of boss fights.

>multi-player in COM

What? I don't even remember that being in the game

fuck this whole shitty stage in general

hour late but just use a shaman bone blade and they do the fight themselves

>that WEBM

What is going on here?

I'm ashamed to admit after all these years I still can't beat it.
Ideally you'd get there with the hyper laser and a healthy crew. I can only manage one or the other. Laser's not so helpful when 3 of them are tailing you and refuse to be anywhere else on the map.

I never saw anyone have a problem with it so I just wallow in my own scrubbiness.

>Mario Galaxy
>hard

shaman bone blade and kill the ones with katanas first

heres another one. i thik there were a total of 4, 3 roxas battles and one with donald and goofy, unfortunately i lost the others.

Im not ENTIRELY sure what happened here, but some user REALLY fucked up his emulation

the whole game is difficult if you flee from fiights. saturos 1 and even storm lizards can wipe your party it's like the very first cave in earthbound

Its because you fight him on uneven ground when he was designed to be fought on even ground.

Most of the map is also significantly smaller so his charge is more annoying to deal with.

Never understood what the deal with Rusalka was. It wasn't even that hard; Orthros and specially Chaugmar were worse for me.

I beat this on my first try, but my ship was on fire. Don't use bombs or charge shots, backflip still sorta works. When chasing them through a turn, brake and bank at the same time. Allies are more important than lasers. You can get them to run into the pillars and explode, but it's really hard.

KH2, like nearly all PS2 Square Enix games, were programmed on the basis that the game would run at a locked 30fps. Emulation enthusiasts found a way to circumvent it in KH2 and run the game emulated at 60fps, but because of how the game was coded it breaks a lot of animations and makes it do all sorts of weird shit.

Bouldergeist or whatever the fuck his name was gave me a bunch of trouble in the first game. Fuck, man. And then doing it on the Daredevil comet made it even harder.

>Trouble
Playing the game on the harder difficulties I feel like this is the worst boss in the game.

Its just so boring, since its a lot of you waiting, since she rarely gives you openings to attack her, due to her lightning that's always following you + the shit controls of that world.

thank you, user

That's what I did on my first playthrough
It didn't even occur to me to cut his shield

Beat the Capra Demon first try, but this thing still took over a dozen tries.

You had to upgrade Toan and Xiaol, that was it. She trivialises the second phase.

I have no idea how people can play this game once the enemy is over level 100. I have been really good with Tifa, kain, and firion. Got all of them to 100,with really good gear. None of that matters. Even lightning kills me in less than a minute each try. This game is not fun

Doing my first playthrough right now. Being a mage made this fight trivial.

That said, the difficulty curve is punching me in the dick at Sen's.

You opened the front door right?

REEE THIS GUY

I only played the GBC ver.
I can't tell if it's the screen or the movement, probably both

The fact that you had to do it all in one go made a lot of the bosses in the first game pretty hard. Fairly sure Steelix and Charizard were also a pain in the arse, as was Psyduck

I'm the only one who had trouble with him because I'm the only one who played this game.

Fuck this nigger.

thanks user.

I think my approach would be to let Slippy die on Zoness and have Peppy die on Sector Z (keep Falco around so he helps me take out a missle). So Slippy comes back in Area 6 (and is easy to save, if he gets attacked there at all dont remember) and Peppy comes back at full health on Venom.
This way they should all be alive on Venom with more than half health. I don't get Game Overs up until then, so I'll have the laser upgrade.

Literally fucking me. I'm so terrible at these games it's ridiculous. I gave up on Bloodborne after I kept nearly killing this one Cyclops enemy and he would just do this burst of attacks and kill me when he's on a sliver of health.

Throwing knives were my ONLY source of ranged damage at the time.

Don't go that way.

Corneria
Sector Y
Katina
Solar
Macbeth
Area 6
Venom 2

>dat image

You've triggered some very ancient nostalgia within me.

Most people had trouble with Nameless King, user.

NOOOOOOO.
I don't remember what is happening in that image but I remember being pissed off as fuck at it.
Fuck blowing into the DS and shit.

PH was a better game

Does this count? Literally spent half of my playthough time on the last boss.

Is that you, Chief?
Use your sword, idiot.

Got the one where they're all smiling?

I had to stack fighting moves (longer lines) to make lines literally on the borders of the screen to get steelix because he barely fits

Catherine is hard as balls, but it is very satisfying to see yourself get better at it. I struggled through most of it the first time, but the one that got me the most was the one where Katherine is with you and her AI is retarded as all fuck. I then realised later on the Retry button resets your multiplier to where it was even if you were just dawdling around and it made golding everything a lot easier.

This.

>tfw I had to beat him on my low level dickwraith run with only 12 fucking vitality
>got to the point where I realized it's better to two-hand a weapon than to try parrying
>tfw I still go back and help people kill him on occasion.

That heavenly light weapon buff and weapons with bleed seems to fuck him up a lot for some reason.
You can also stunlock him with chaos fireball.

DELETE THIS

>playing the game on lunch at work
>last one of these fuckers
>blowing into the mic like a retard in the breakroom

Heartless Riku wasn't as hard for me. It was the fight afterwards where it's Solo against Xehanort's heartless that screwed me up. Sitting on Riku's ass and dashing at him when you get distance let you tech him super easy, but you can't tech that fucking shadow that jumps on your back and just smacks you.