There's a new Dishonored 2 gameplay from Volound, can't wait

There's a new Dishonored 2 gameplay from Volound, can't wait.

youtube.com/watch?v=s-26pjDS238&list=LLsZn_TRB4Murre-0SFJa7_g&index=1

Of course, a legit thread about a non-shit video game finds itself at page 5 after a minute, never change, Cred Forums.

D2 honestly has the capability to be a 8-9/10 game. The first one was good, but has too many flaws that could easily be refined. It feels more like a guess, they didn't fully know what they wanted yet. But this looks like a huge impprovent. The more I think about it the more I think this might be a really fucking good game

bampity bamp

Looks great.

hey why bother with this thread guys!?

there are better threads about your favorite waifus, NMS advertising, DE-NU-VO and other weeb cancer!

>non-shit video game
???

OP posts don't bump. But now you sound like a shill.

With that in mind, looks interesting enough. But I don't play Dishonored for the brutality.

The Clockwork Mansion looks interesting, however.

Thanks for the bump, pal.

Fuck off retard.

Cred Forums Pass user since Winter 2014.

It's just more overpowered shit that they're showing off. They didn't fix the main problem from the previous game

>They didn't fix the main problem from the previous game

What are you waiting for? Elaborate away.

For them to nerf the overpowered abilities, was that not obvious?

Why is Volound so shit compared to Stealthgamebr?

Don't use them. It's a choice, retard.

So then the game becomes boring. They could just nerf them, and actually balance the game around them.

Sure, sure.
Just fuck off already.

Looks like boring shit
Of course no one cares about it

Meaning less freedom.
Nah fuck off to Dark Souls if you want challenge, I'd rather have choice and creativity.

Nerf them yourself. You can play however you want. I don't understand this complaint.

>waaaa you're only allowed to suck the game's dick!!
You could go find a good thread on the subreddit then

>Meaning less freedom.
What are you talking about?
>fuck off to Dark Souls if you want challenge
Amazing

>Nerf them yourself
What do you think that means?

>wah pee pee poo poo
>if a game isn't hard it's shit wahh
kys

Any info regarding Corvo's powers? There are supposed to be non lethal version as well.

>if a game isn't hard it's shit wahh
Are you the same one that thinks you should go play Dark Souls if you want a "challenge"?

They need to get someone good at the game to do these.

Managed to squeeze 22 posts from a thread about an actual VIDEO GAME in a board about VIDEO GAMES. Amazing. Fuck this shit board I'm done with it.

I don't mean literally nerf them yourself. Just set rules for yourself and follow them.

Why else would you play it?
It's a repetitive barebones RPG with a non existent story.

So no game can have a problem with difficulty or balance because you can just fix them game with self imposed challenges?

>wtf why does noone talk about my favourite game that isnt even out yet??

I hope they will remove that fucking shit thing that if I kill everyone the outcome of the story will be negative.

>people actually spoil themselves by watching a bunch of gameplay trailers from the game

I liked Dishonored and I've been hyped for D2 but now that I've seen footage, even though it looks like I expected, I'm not feeling it.

>uhhh why is my thread not getting replies i dont get it? no, i wont try and start a discussion by analyzing the trailer or actually talking about the game at all, i'll just sit here and complain i'm not getting enough attention

They did not. The relative value of innocents vs thugs has changed, so killing thugs impacts the end less than killing innocents, however.

On the other hand its a great mechanic, so refining it was the way to go.

>So no game can have a problem with difficulty or balance because you can just fix them game with self imposed challenges?
The stealth genre has always been about self imposed challenges and artificial limitations.

On the other hand, you can choose at the start to lock yourself out of the powers. Meaning you only get the sword and your tools.

Make of that what you will.

>I hope they will remove that fucking shit thing that if I kill everyone the outcome of the story will be negative.

It only really mattered if you killed and the bodies were detected or if you went on a killing spree and cleared whole levels of every living human.

This game looks awful.
>nonexistent AI
>slowmo sequences
>going from standing to groundsliding instantly
>throwing a grenade to shoot it 6 times instead of killing the enemy in 1-2 shots

Is anyone actually going to buy this heap of garbage with meme gameplay?

>The stealth genre has always been about self imposed challenges and artificial limitations.
You mean no-kill runs? Most games acknowledge and incentivise that

> you can choose at the start to lock yourself out of the powers.
Which makes the game really boring

>female guards
nice. finally get to murder women

I am cancelling my preorder then fuck

All I wanted is a game without this bullshit. It fucking sucked that Emily became a Hitler just because I didn't want to play a stealth game.

For a game like this I think that's a pretty fair solution. The majority of players are going to want to wreck shit quickly and brutally on their first playthrough or maybe even the whole time they play the game. I didn't do a ghost/no kill run until my third time playing through Dishonored. It's much more fun but I think it's understandable the way they design it. Anyone can gimp themselves but nobody is going to be able to make the powers more powerful if the components just weren't there. If they were underpowered you would just have a different set of people complaining.

That being said, I haven't watched any gameplay of the new game so I really have no idea what you're referring to but people said the same shit about the first game and I disagreed with that too.

But Dishonored is garbage and the sequel will be even worse, you shit eating mongoloid. Enjoy your overly focus tested diarrhea soup, faggot.

You can kill more than you could in the first. And even the first game did not force you to kill noone. It was preferable, and killing more than 20% of the global population meant High Chaos. That still leaves a good amount of people. Nevermind the fact that being seen is not cause for High Chaos, merely killing people.

>You mean no-kill runs? Most games acknowledge and incentivise that
And this one does too. The first as well. There is also never being detected and stealing everything where relevant. Such as Hitman, Thief.
>Which makes the game really boring
And now you went and called Thief boring.

wasnt it 40%? or 30
anyway you'd have to go out of your way to kill everyone on the map instead of just the people in your way to ever get high chaos

>The majority of players are going to want to wreck shit quickly and brutally on their first playthrough or maybe even the whole time they play the game.
They could just have easy mode be for people that want that

> I really have no idea what you're referring to
You have a stun that can be used on 4 people at once, a "link" that will make what happens to one person happen to everyone who is also "linked", become basically invisible, and create a clone of yourself which can also be used with your "link" ability.

I think Corvo's are the same as before, so you can still just freeze time and get free headshots whenever

>And this one does too.
Doesn't stop your powers from being broken

>And now you went and called Thief boring.
Not him, but not really. Thief was skillfully designed around that. Dishonored is watered down garbage that caters to the lowest common denominator.

looks like a meme

I believe it was 20% for Medium Chaos and 50% for High Chaos. But since the differences are not terribly important, I used the lower value.

Even then, killing thugs in Dishonored 2 will have much less impact, apparently.

>Doesn't stop your powers from being broken
Well I don't play Dishonored to kill everyone so I don't really care. I play in the scrubbiest way possible, so I do my best not to be detected while using practically no powers or tools.

So sure, the powers are really potent. I don't mind.

I miss good sound design and use that would allow for sound diversions and varied sounds depending on surface, but it will never happen.

I cant wait for the razorfist review for this travesty!

Thief on expert also demands you steal everything while never being seen and killing noone. Which is something you can do in Dishonored, its just not a failure if you don't meet those requirements. That does not make playing those games in that way boring.

But since Dishonored is designed around the use of power and the excess it leads to, the underlying logic will be different as well. Hence the broken powers.

Gameplay footage looks boring. I could have done better. Mentioning it was Volound has no bearings if the gameplay isn't anything special

>Which is something you can do in Dishonored
Dishonored isn't designed around that. Why is nu/v/ so pants on head retarded when it comes to understanding level design? Why is this so hard to understand? Why do you like the taste of shit so much?

This desu. Thief's gadgets emphasized stealth. Water, moss, and rope arrows are really only powerful in the hands of somebody who's already good at staying unseen and unheard. They don't do a great deal to pull a klutz who got caught out of a bad situation (unless that player had the foresight to place a rope arrow ahead of time to serve as an escape route).
Dishonored's powers on the other hand might as well be an undo button. Not to mention you hardly have to worry about the part about remaining unheard since crouch walking makes you silent, but is still fast enough to keep pace with enemies. Now, Dishonored's powers probably aren't designed to emphasize stealth because you're supposed to be able to play however you want, but that just leaves the stealth side of the game feeling limp. It can be fun to mess around in Dishonored, but there's no tension.

Fucking this.
I haven't watched anything from the game except the cinematic trailer.
When it's released I'll cut myself from 4chinz entirely so as not to get the ending spoiled.

But Dishonored is designed around being able to complete it nonlethally and undetected and without powers aside from blink, there are even achievements for it. If anything I'd say the game is too overtly designed for those things, there always seems to be a very convenient way to bypass any kind of challenge for the stealthy nonlethal no-power player.

>still awful scripted finishers and no proper melee system like in Dark Messiah

Won't even pirate.
Call me when Arkane stops designing their games around shitty controllers again.

Go play Styx, you stupid niggers. You forgot what a stealth game looks like. Dishonored is no more of a stealth game than Skyrim is.

Styx was such a fucking good game.

And I'm saying its not designed around stealth as a whole, but that it is part of it.

On the other hand, there is one place where you must use blink to progess in the entire game (in the waterlock during the Return to the Tower mission). I think there is another place, but its optional.

It pays lip service to stealth, and it really does impact the level design, since you can keep a low profile for the whole game while climbing, peeping and keeping to the core tenets of the Thief gameplay. Minus the shadows.

I did and I like it. I merely enjoy Dishonored as well.

You said Dishonored is not designed around being played nonlethally and undetected even though that is clearly not true. Try actually reading And I'm not defending Dishonored. Styx is nothing to write home about either, it's all about the Thief FM's.

>awful scripted finishers

fuck you i love that shit. context take downs, etc. Always neat to have those at the end of combat.

Bruh. Dishonored's combat is so complex that playing it non-lethal stealth is like ignoring 80% of the gameplay.

They can be nice in moderation, but if the entire melee system is basicly takedowns it's utter fucking garbage.

I won't argue that, that's why I think it's bad as a stealth game, but that doesn't change the fact that it's (poorly) designed around it. The game is literally designed so that players can impose those particular limitations on themselves, it's not like an exploit to do them. Doesn't make it good.

Looks fun but I hope this was on easy, otherwise the constant bullet time just breaks the game. The AI also seemed a bit too retarded, taking too long to notice Emily in front of it, but again, I'll assume that was just played on easy.

On Corvo's play, I liked that destroying the heads on the automated sentry robot made it swing wildly and destroy the other robot nearby.

Not sure if it's a day one purchase yet, but so far, looks pretty cool.

game??

Woaaaaah WHAT THE FUCK WHY ARE THERE KANGZ?!?!?

>3:17
>whale oil canisters actually explode

Is that new? I don't recall it happening in the original.

I really don't see much point in killing someone in a flashy way, when the same can be done at much lesser expense. Its not DMC, there is no style meter.

Chain killing is more interesting, but not mechanically complex either.

True. Stupid thing is the game is very very close to being perfect for it. Enemies even have stun states, but they don't reset into another stun if hit again during the first stun.
Hp is too low so they always die in 2 hits. Ammo an mana limits demotivate experimentation where it should be rewarded.

instant kill animations should have just been stronger attacks and manually triggerable.

That's it. Like that's all they needed to do to make the game support wacky playstyles.

They did as well in the first game.

The combat actually looks fun, it's too much of an incentive to play lethal.

I wish the numale and radfem trash at Eidos Montreal would take notes in case any of them still have a job whenever another DX gets greenlit.

>DX
I was interested in the latest DX because they showed of the icarus dash in the first trailer. I figured if that's what they show as one of the first things you'll probably get a lot of cool stuff to fight with. But no. Glad I checked before I bought.

Then it very quickly becomes a practice of ignoring 99% of the progression system (That's there for a purpose beyond simply making the player stronger) if you actually want the game to not be a cakewalk. The game doesn't reward you in any way for not taking these upgrades also. Not only that but in game cases you also end up ignoring much of what makes the game unique and interesting. All because they didn't want to actually use their heads and actually balance their fucking game.

>Steampunk assassin set in a Bloodborne ripoff

What a fedorafest.

I like that this video include fuck-ups and deaths. Way more interesting to watch than some perfectly scripted stage demo-type video.

However, the very first scene doesn't make me feel great about this game being less casual than the first. A grenade and three pistol blasts outside the door, and the guard leaning against the wall inside is still clueless? Laaaaaame.

3/10 game at best

>Can slide from standing in less than a second
>Slow-mo
>Killcams
>Female protagonist, female antagonists, and female soldiers
>Enemies shrug off bullets but one crossbow shot is enough to make a wooden panel explode
>Scripted finishers
>Steampunk setting
>Kicking is scripted, you can only use a sword in melee
>Annoying voiceover for everything
>All the cool shit is gimmicks that require tons of setup and are useless beyond that
>Showing off violence when the game punishes you if you do anything other than sneak around and play nice
>It takes like three hallways to get to the scientist
>Robots are easy to kill
>Every enemy dies in one hit if you slide or run into them
>No physics on most things
>Broken powers (b-but make your own! No, games should be hard by default. You can make any game hard if you force yourself to make it that way, and if you have to artificially limit yourself, then it is poorly designed)
>Ugly fedora artstyle