I've never played any SMT games and have grown curious about the series...

I've never played any SMT games and have grown curious about the series. Seeing as I've seen plenty threads on this board about the games, I figured ask here.

Should I play them?
In what order should I play them?
Should I also play Persona?
How emulatable are they?

If there's any question I should've asked that I haven't. Feel free to let me know what I should know.

Other urls found in this thread:

demon.ferretdev.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
youtube.com/watch?v=MyG-HLAtGso
youtu.be/d1qS9LMuK8M
youtube.com/watch?v=dClKPzjyHns
youtube.com/watch?v=y5U93eyig8w
youtu.be/DmqbhyS-BK8
youtube.com/watch?v=_jaqpQNjJLc
youtube.com/watch?v=J5XZzTq_gzI
youtube.com/watch?v=MSxaj3VGJ2A
youtube.com/watch?v=SddAj-jPk5o
youtube.com/watch?v=7RiHmQcHa84
youtube.com/watch?v=X8qKUOAJ-rg
youtube.com/watch?v=E7VZAAAs-YI
youtube.com/watch?v=k6otUQSTdc8
youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU
youtube.com/watch?v=af9pTcq5uSo
youtube.com/watch?v=JlCsAVTmsrQ
pastebin.com/Cke5TXEm
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n
megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Septentriones
youtube.com/watch?v=V1mGIOUFeGM&list=PLz2ibfAR9AqHOtYltoNbCjFYK9gGC-DyI&index=25
youtube.com/watch?v=0SuJlPHOP44&list=PLz2ibfAR9AqHOtYltoNbCjFYK9gGC-DyI&index=37
youtube.com/watch?v=Bc5rboSunV0&list=PLm30gZxZ3k4Dzak-6liaDwpdAgR8l0zF8&index=12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Play them, they're great.

Start with the first SMT on SNES.

>Should I play them?
Yes
>In what order should I play them?
SMTIV is a good entry point
>Should I also play Persona?
Do you like procedurally generated dungeons and overall much simpler combat and dating sim aspects?
If yes, it's right up your alley.
>How emulatable are they?
Pretty much all the games that are not on the 3DS and Xbox can be emulated just fine.

>Yes.
>Start with DDS1 and 2, move onto mainline SMT from there.
>Yes, despite the shitposts. It's fun, just start with 1, but not the PSP version.
>They're okay emulation wise, but I know some people have had issues in the past.

Yes
Start with DDS or Devil Survivor
If you want to
Besides a shadow bug in the ps2 games they emulated fine.

>Should I play them?
Got into SMT a year ago and I fucking love it. Go for it senpai.

There are a couple of good entry points.
>Persona 3
>Digital Devil Saga
>Devil Survivor
>SMT III Nocturne (the hard way)

Sure, why not. Persona 3 is one of my favorite games and I honestly don't give a fuck about muh waifus and shit.

There's a bug with shadows in ps2 smt games.

You'll have to buy a 3DS to play SMT IV and Apocalypse. Also Xbox games aren't emulatable.

Have fun senpai.

Remember to always go full chaos.

Fuck yes, play em, solid gold
Smt4, devil summoners next, after that, anything you'd like. I recomevd nocturne after devil summoners, or if you feel daring, play it first.
Go for 3, some issues with IR, but if you dislike it, you will likely dislike the rest. Junpei is da man and don't you fucking forget it
Just about perfectly, minor issues at best.

You forgot the Vita
And 3DS emulation is catching up

Yes

Any order you want (mostly), but start with SMT4 since that seems like a good entry part. Don't play SMT4A until after you beat 4.

You should emulate Persona 3 FES to see if you like it. The first two persona games are very different from 3 and 4. Aside from SMT and Persona, you should play the other Megami Tensei games. Devil Survivor, Devil Summoner, Digital Devil Saga, and Raidoi Kuzunoha are all good series that I recommend.

Most are pretty easily emulated.

You should only play them if you like dungeon crawler like games and unforgiving gameplay.

You should start with either SMT: Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga 1, or IV (Not IVA), Strange Journey (This game may be a little over your head as far as universe building.

I'm strictly against playing any Persona game outside of 1 and 2 simply because I hate the gameplay in them (1 hour long tutorial, I mean come the fuck out).

Many of the games work on emulator pretty well excluding a specific Raidou game.

However keep this in mind, you experience Shin Megami Tensei games more than you play them.

This is your date tonight

>SMT on Vita
Unless you mean Persona Golden, but that falls on his third question.

>Should I play them?
Yes.

In the order that you want. As long as it's not a direct sequel like DDS 2, you're good. Most of them are self-contained, you only risk missing a few nods and references here and there. Just note that the older the game, the clunkier the gameplay.

Sure, if you don't mind anime bullshit starting from 3. The first two are more in line with the traditionnal SMT games but are obviously far clunkier since they came out nearly twenty years ago.

And please, PLEASE play Digital Devil Saga (pic related).

God damn Nocturne was so good. Atlus better be working on another MegaTen spinoff for consoles now that Persona 5 is done.

Is he "our" Fiend?

>PLEASE play Digital Devil Saga

I'm playing DDS right now. What builds would you recommend, user?

I'm going 2 points in Magic and 1 in Vitality every level

Serph - Full ice + buffs
Heat - Full physical
Argilla - Earth/Healing

i remember playing a roguelike that was literally SMT without the weeb waifushit.
it was 'fun'

Ok' from what I've gathered form the thread so far, I'm going to start with the Digital Devil Saga games and then move to Nocturne maybe and then perhaps Persona after that.

Thanks for the info.

>Not trumpeteer

The absolute shit taste

Might be better to start with Nocturne so you can experience the "classic" kind of SMT game before playing DDS so you can really appreciate how different it is.

On my last playthrough I went 2:1 strength/agility and a point in magic and vitality every couple or three levels or so. Full physical is fun as shit. Then I kept Argilla mostly for healing and earth, same as you, and I stuck with Gale.

Good luck user, and remember

Junpei is da man, in nocturne you do not put any stats above 30, in games with fusion you can reroll the moves they inherir, so by lategame you can mmake your daemons be immune to a fuckload and have great skills, DEBUFFS NIGGE USE EM, and above all else, have a blast playing em.

The only reason why I keep Heat is because I like his voice and I always like chaos characters

If you want to have a more classic First Person Dungeon Crawler experience (And more Archaic), SMT1, SMT2, SMT if.., Devil Summoner, Persona 1, and Soul Hackers would be your style. Otherwise, all of the PS2 games are great in my opinion (Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2, Persona 3 (Although I prefer Portable) and 4, and the two Raidou Kuzunoha games).

Fair warning though, for a beginner Nocturne will be way harder than DDS.

It gets fairly easy when you learn the combat system. And it's super rewarding.

If you play Nocturne, remember that STR is the stat for real men.

>not LUK

If you want to use Heat, make sure to feed him every Magic Noise you can get your hands on. Magic is king in DDS and without it Heat will get walled by everything with phys resistance and get blown up by everything that uses magic.

>Persona 3 (Although I prefer Portable)

That playthrough was glorious. Does anyone still have the wallpaper of it on hand?

>not MAG

>not Ag

Oh shit

I think I have one in my inventory right now, I'll give it to him

Thanks user

>wurld of MAG
>Nocturne
Please, everyone knows the only real stat is VIT.

Fucking when

Why would anyone like P3P? Because of best girl, of course.

If Imagine died, so would this in less than 3 months nigger.

When will we see SMT on consoles again?

>wasting sub app slots on cosmetic icons
The absolute mad man.

>at my place
>going to the bathroom
>"There's a demon nearby . . ."
>enter it
>"Succubus wants to talk. YES NO"

Summon your demons kid. we're going to kill the Creator God.

Is there a single better character in SMT better than Demifiend

The guy doesn't even give a toss about anything, barely even talks, yet still kicks ass and is likely to be the second, if not the strongest entity in the smt universe, not counting absolute god.

God damn I thought I was the only one who remembered LPbro. I still miss him. FE killed him ;__;7

>easiest build makes you manly

>Hey... give me $50

>GIVE ME MACCA
>okay
>Google Services now accessing your credit card...
>$40 have been deducted from your account.
>HMMMMM...SORRY, I GOTTA GO!
>The demon left.

>he doesn't want to punch mythological beings in the face

What about the waifus, papa bones?

>Give me some of your life

Started Friday, been dumping all my points into STR (I'm around lv38 now). I feel like I miss often and my MC is too fragile. Did I fuck up build-wise?

>his kitchen catches on fucking fire TWICE while LPing Radiant Dawn
It was a sign.

>Having to pick between FeMC and The Answer

>waifus

What's your Agility? It's way more important than you might think.

>second, if not the strongest entity in the smt universe
>could only defeat Lucifer when he was holding back
>even died to him
>he's only strong with the help of demon powers
He's probably the second weakest, first going to Nanashi, because you actually see how weak he during the Dagda boss

Oh boy.
You're for a world of fun when you get to lategame and every other demon has Reflect Phys

Name?

>Die in the game
>Fatlus uses your GPS to locate you
>Yakuza squads sacrifice you to Kaneko

You need Vitality and Agility too
Don't forget a little Luck

Nigger, please tell me you didnt max strengh, you only put points till 10 cause of the best magatama giving you +10 to everything.

Always get vit and strength, you die and its game over of course you also get some vit.

>Not just getting pierce

??

Also, even if you have decent stats, you should be buffing yourself basically all the time so you don't get hit and you can hit the enemy more. And debuff the enemy, too.

Pierce doesn't work on reflect.

Talking nocturne nigger, not faggottron from smt4

Party balance is in some ways more important than Demifiend's build. make sure you got buffs/debuffs and a variety of magic.

>choosing between a shitty written kinda sorta epilogue and the best protag in the modern persona games is haaaaarrrdddd

Show your stats

>best protag in the modern persona games
Haha friend, very funny. You can stop joking now.

chaos

she has a personality, user
i don't know what the p5 mc is like but come on

>hitting Super Maitreyas weakness buffs him

Someone kill me

>chaos

I actually can't think of that many enemies in nocturne that repel physical. Girimehkala, Rangda and Mother Harlot are the only immediate demons I can think of.

Even then, if you have any clue what you're doing in late game nocturne you have Freikugel anyway.

>Best protag
Makoto alone is better than her by tenfold nigger, no nonsense, no bullshit, no VN garbage, just a guy fighting for what he believes till he wins or dies, making every single person around him evolve simply by him shittalking em or being around them.

Plus, romancing junpei, really nigger, ken and akihiko too, that shits weak as fuck.

demon
it's like satanic pokemon
demon.ferretdev.org/

Just Dekaja him.

And stop hitting his weakness at 25% of his health because he stops letting you dekaja him

What said

Come back when you're canon, slut!

Thanks user

Well coordinated group of angels beaten by a crossdressing fallen angel and a human with 140 macca

>tfw he gets replaced by a moralfag version of himself
I still don't know if I should feel bad. Danu is right and he is just a kid having a tantrum

Post best tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc

Ah, nvm, turns out I'm lv28, so there's still time to fix things, yes?

I only dumped all my shit in STR because it worked relatively well in the Devil Survivors and SJ

>he was losing to Dagda
Nigger, I was holding myself up while my demons decided to never cast their fucking Luster Candy. your Nanashi is shit

He doesn't even get replaced with a 'moralfag' version of himself. New Dagda agrees entirely with Old Dagda, he just listens to his mother.

It's fucked up but you do the exact same thing to one of your party members in the Massacre ending so I'm not going to feel bad for him.

Spam Fog Breath and your problems will be solved.

s-s-she's totally canon ! they just have to mention her ! they will mention her !
they have to !

you just described 3/4 of the total jrpg mc population nignig
can't fight you on the romances though, what the fuck why can't i pet yukari's kitty

>mfw the SMT MMO wasn't even fun

You should stop pumping STR/

>we told user to put all his points into strength
>he did it
Absolute madman.

holy fucking shit user

You need more Agility. Just pump that for a while.

You need more ST

Holy shit dude, you took the Strength meme way too far.

Start putting points into Vitality and Agility, and some into Luck too.

NO MORE STRENGH YOU MONGOLOID

GET AT BARE MINIMUM 15 FUCKING VITALITY AND AFTER THAT MAYBE A FEW POINTS INTO AGILITY, NOT A SIGLE POINT MORE INTO STRENGH YOU MORON, OTHERWIAE ITS QUITE LITERALLY WASTED

VITALITY AND AGILITY TILL BEST BRAINWORM.

i gotchu famidyne
youtube.com/watch?v=MyG-HLAtGso

mememeemeeme lele XD

>not hitting for 2-4k each time

Fuck off retard

I found it fun, but it was way too grindy

youtu.be/d1qS9LMuK8M

Anyone else remember that guy playing SMT IV with a balanced build and a level 20 centaur?

youtube.com/watch?v=dClKPzjyHns

>playing smt iv and iii for the first time
>Don't know what's viable so i keep spreading points across equally

this shit is dangerous, it's going to be the end of me

Gotchu fampai, VIT+AGL and then room for luck if I can spare.

I had been getting my shit kicked in a lot lately and missing a bunch of attacks, but I just assumed Nocturne was naturally that hard

It's only hard when you're dumb enough to dump all your stat points into one single stat.

youtube.com/watch?v=y5U93eyig8w

i havent even played the game but i still like this song

see if you can get a magatama that can boost one of the stats youre lacking until you get the rest up to par

a few hours investing in grinding and youll get there

youtu.be/DmqbhyS-BK8 this shit is my jam

World of Strength for each. Just don't go full madman like

You put a straight up retarded amount of points into strength mate. As in, retarded enough I'm quite legitimately amazed you survived nocturne till level 28 with less than 300 health. I'd say congratulations, but yeah, no.

Get some health and the late game worm, but be warned. The block puzzle cometh fuckboy, it fucking cometh.

youtube.com/watch?v=_jaqpQNjJLc

Sadly the only good track in the game, rest sound too generic

>some into Luck too.

Luck is worthless. Mg affects your Magic Resistance, so that's more worthwhile.

Anything works for SMT IV, you just have to choose a build, not evenly distribute.

For Nocturne, Str is the best

Don't go str in 4, do dex instead.

Generally you want to either focus on either Mag or Str/Dex depending on the game. In SMT IV, Str is busted as it doesn't not increase the damage of phys skills.

>tfw considering getting a 3ds for SMT IV
Is it worth it or should I wait for 3DS emulation?

>Str is busted as it doesn't not increase the damage of phys skills.
Yes it does, But Dx affects it more. ForNormal Physical Attacks, onlythe Str stat is used.

Glass cannon 4 lyfe. I cap STR in every game with stat distributions (or up to 40 in Souls) first. This is the first time it's been a problem

how do I beat V-Flynn?

>neo and the last samurai kill God

I get that its fun to be a glass cannon, but nocturne doesn't fuck around, either get with the programming or get 1shot, doing 50 less damage every punch but actually surviving a decent attack is the sort of shit Nocturne is more geared towards, just debuff em for the extra 50 damage.

Been replaying DDS. Is it worth maxing out all the mantras, do a new game+, or should I just finish the side bosses/the game, and then straight into DDS2?

Depends, you wanna try to beat Demifiend?

You get some nice bonuses in DDS2 for doing everything, but it takes a long fucking time.

the game is only $20 so i'd say so

so why doesn't Jesus ever show up in these games?
Persona 3 MC doesn't count

Why would you kill Jesus or make him fight with you, isn't he mostly human with the physical abilities of a regular human? Miracles and shit, sure, but human body, right.

Cleopatra is a demon now
and pretty sure they have other human characters from history and religion in these games

High level magic, bro. his vitality and strength could be shit, but he could have a unique heal spell and expel skills.

Pretty sure you just described the Famed race.

If Jesus was in SMT chances are, the fight would be that he doesn't try to hurt you, at all. He actually would want to join you. He'd make a great healer, but would have no attacks whatsoever. Not even a physical attack.

He would probably end up having a sacrifice style ability, killing him but reviving all your demons and healing both MP and HP completely.

and if you end up killing him anyway your party gets branded and npcs will hunt you till you finish the game

So he would learn super Recarmdra?

>He would probably end up having a sacrifice style ability, killing him but reviving all your demons and healing both MP and HP completely.

and then revive for free three turns later

Perfect.

Is there Mitama fusing in SMT IV?
I just want to recreate my qt

There isn't.

God damn, I love Nocturne. They better put out na proper SMT on console now all the HD stuff is made for Persona 5. Or a new Raidou. I WANT A NEW RAIDOU.

Also, Apocalypse is awesome and I'm loving it. Wish the 3DS had a proper screenshot function, my Nanashi looks dope as fuck on his DDS card.
>tfw all I'm getting from the internet are Japs with Alice

>Wish the 3DS had a proper screenshot function

Load miiverse while playing the game

Use NTR to screenshot

>not using NTR for screenshots
>not having a hacked 3DS

I tried to make a super Jack frost
But I just couldn't get any good offensive skills on him

In 4, dump strength, and pump Dexterity or Magic. Luck is more important for dexterity than magic, and Agility should have a decent amount in it. Dexerity is for making sweet love to boss-monster's faces in record time, Magic is for tagging weaknesses and giving your boys more turns.
Strength does basically nothing in SMT 4. It only boosts your basic attack, which is irrelevant since you can just as freely use a Gun attack.

In 3, go with either a hard Strength, with attention to Vit, Agi, and Luck for a stronger end-game character, or Magic with good Vitality and passable Luck for a stronger mid-game character.

Oh shit, I always forget about that.

I have a hacked old 3DS with a broken R button, but my new one I keep clean. It's an imported Murrican one, can't really afford to break it.

I've got a king level 99 Vile Baphoment on my PS2 memory card, makes me sad I'll never be able to transfer him. Still using him at level 34 on SMTF, he's one of my favourites. The fact that dark and light magic actually do damage like any elemental spell has made the game a lot more enjoyable, and he learns Dark Pleroma.

REMOVE DEMON
REMOVE ANGEL
PRAISE FLYNN

5.67 BILLION

Why is he so perfect?

Don't do the bonus bosses for the reward, only do them if you personally need to do it. The rewards are only meh. The Demi-Fiend boss fight is honestly way more awesome on paper than in practice. In practice you are basically following a highly scripted event boss fight.
Maybe you still feel that need to do it, but be warned. The rewards are slight, especially considering what you put into it.

I prefer his shota form

Hey guys, I'm playing SMTIVA right now, about to go to camp Florida, but trying to finish side quests, and I can't find west Shinjuku Park for West Entry Park Security. Where is it?

>been ages since I played nocturne
>go to pick it up my save again
>forgot which demon I fused pixie into

Isnt it always the one on the top of the list

The demon you fused pixie with is always at the top of your list.

west of shinjuku

in shinjuku

Outside of Shinjuku on the overworld?

yes

I could have sworn fusing it moved it down on the list.
Guess I'm just retarded then.

IIRC it will show up here, outside Shinjuku
Once inside walk through every available area until you find one of those warp things that requires you to mash to get out

don't mash and it'll teleport you to the other side

Thanks Anons

can anyone give me a hand, i dontknow what to do on smt IV im locked into nutral and havnt got a main quest anymore?

Why was this allowed?

Time to trigger some faggots

DeSu 1 > DeSu 2

Have you been told to fill the chalice?
if you have then you have to do all the sidequests at all hunters associations to climb to top rank

It was at this point that I dropped the route

Why would that trigger anybody? That is factually correct.

>playing games with shit tier art

It triggered everybody and their mother in the Devil Survivor thread last night

I laughed far harder at that then I should have.

MA RU O
MA RU O
MA RU MA RU MA RU O

TRULY LUCIFER IS THE SHAZBOT

Well they all had shit taste. You keep dropping truth bombs like that on them, I will defend you

>tfw STR build in IV:A sucks and want to play Nocturne again

And bad voice acting

that pic reminds me of Pepsi science

Classic Titania is perfection, i wonder why Atlus didn't use her for IV. The same can be said for Nocturne Thor.

>STR in Apocalypse
>bad
You are so silly

No.
Aleph actually punched God in the face and lived to tell the tale but at what cost.
And if we count spinoffs, then we have Abel who literally commands every demon there is, punched Lucifer in the face and didn't bow down to him afterwards and can dance anything to death.

>I'll give you and ass-kicking.

Goddamn, Demifiend is the fucking best.

Why is Merkabah such a scrub?

Good looking out, user

It's really astounding how low the quality of voice acting dropped between Overclocked and Record Breaker.

It's not as satisfying. The sound design in Nocturne make the punches sound fucking savage. I want my eardrums blown out whenever I crit someone.

no iv just been dropped backin this world met up with the girl where do i go to start that quest?
iv got a guid and whent to all the pub and i only have 1 of the 4 sidequests im ment to do

If you want to save money get a 2DS, hack it, and you can get every game for free.

I don't remember exactly but to start that quest you have to talk to masakado in Ginza (the big rock outside)

>Should I play them?
Some of the best RPG's, but thematically not for everyone. Give it a try if it looks interesting to you.
If you can find/emulate them, DDS1 and DDS2 (Digital Devil Saga) are more like traditional RPG's with SMT themes and systems thrown in, While SMTIV is more of what you will expect from other SMT games. Also can try SMT:Strange Journey (My Favorite)
I'm not going to have the same jaded opinion as most people and say never play them. I quite like P4 and P3 is one of my favorite JRPG's of all time. That being said, they are thematically very much not SMT games and the connections only seem to be getting weaker between the two. Play P4 and P3 if you can and try P2 if you like them, but stay away from P1 IMO.
How emulatable are they?
Baring SMTIV and SMTIV:A, they can all be emulated. The PS2 games need something stronger than a toaster to play, but the rest should be alright if you have a rig from the last 10 years.

fug hahah this is realy annoying, this is my final route then i can okay final

so is Inanna the go to end game demon for you magic damage needs?

Well played
Never forget

When world of str goes too far

how do I survive Vishinu-Flynn's elementless attack that lowers your stats? it destroys all of my demons

Are WORLD OF STR builds viable in DeSu2?

yes

Absolutely not. Unless you really like anime scooby doo mysteries and dating sims.

Yep, just get some world of agi in there too and murder everything with multistrike

There's nothing wrong with liking a good dating sim.

Which mythology should be the focus of the next SMT spin-off? My vote's for Aztec.

That would be wicked if it took place in the Inca/Aztec/Maya times.

youtube.com/watch?v=J5XZzTq_gzI

Mudslimes.

Bork.

Big part of SMT is the digital and cyberpunk part..

I laughed way too hard at this

Oh yeah dude, Raidou and Nocturne are super cyberpunk.

Which 3 threw right out the window and happens to be highly liked

superior pascal coming through

They've done differently before. Why shouldn't they do it again ?

Not really. The Amala Network and the whole Maharagi stuff plus the Tokyo setting are still there. Another time period would be even further than Persona.

>tfw my friends are kicking my ass in SMT 4:A

Dagda was a mistake

that's because the thread was mostly focused on 2 you mongoloid

>DeSu
>voice acting
user it was all fucking terrible. From Atsuros strangled chicken voice and Yuzu's whiny cunt voice to Ronaldo's "I am reading this right now" voice and Airi's bitchiness.
Both the games were better without it.

youtube.com/watch?v=MSxaj3VGJ2A

But they're the same dog.

>Horde Battle
>Toki jumps in!
>instant kill activated
>Reinforcements arrive
>Toki jumps in!
>instant kill activated
>Reinforcements arrive
>Toki jumps in!

>Horde battle
>Toki jumps in!
>she doesn't kill
>Reinforcements arrive
>Toki doesn't jump in
>Reinforcements arrive
>Toki doesn't jump in
Thanks for nothing, Toki

>oh cool I havent recruited this gu-
>Toki jumps in!
>Instant kill activated
>"I LOVE YOU MASTER"

every fucking time

>random battle
>Gaston jumps in
>Gaston jumps in again
>Gaston jumps in again
>Gaston jumps in again
>enemies' turn

>Battle ends
>WHY HAVEN'T YOU RECRUITED [DEMON] YET MASTER?

help

oh fuck i forgot about that

Sell your body

Just kill some demons and take their macca bro :^)

Just buy the DLC goyi-

Oh wait

>1/256 chance to spawn
Who thought this was fun?

Koreans.

WORLD OF STR

This

When persona 5 comes out in NA though you should probably play that since its not just the boring as hell dungeons from 3/4

youtube.com/watch?v=SddAj-jPk5o

For those that have beat Apocalypse, is NG+ handled like it is in P4G? Like how you customize the difficulty yourself?

No you get 2 options, like IV

Carry everything or start from new with the usual compendium records, etc. You also get to carry a demon via DDS which will broke the game but who cares its NG+ lol

Post your meme builds

>koga saburo outfit

What

>every reply is SMT4
fukken plebs
youtube.com/watch?v=7RiHmQcHa84

what is your favorite megaten game
Including any games where an SMT or megaten character only made a cameo
(to people who played)
I claim DeSu2 Record Breaker because it's my favorite and no one else would want to claim it
And also EO2's Gunner Girl

Small time.

Same as IV then. Thank you.

>magic

Tiniest time

I heard it was actually shit but I've been sorely let down so far

>SMT V is going to be on PS4 with persona assets

Feels good bro

source

What should I know before starting twisted tokyo

deep inside Asahi's asshole

void nerve

Rumor has it that P5's tone is a mixture of P2/P3 so its already gonna be great

>guns
>demons
>smugness

10/10 game we got here boys.

What's more fun between mag and dex in 4?

Sort of. It's depressing for one but once you get the Kaito-dan ball rolling then the people around you start cheering up.

Playing SMT 2 just beat the shiting demon while trying to stop the siren and now npcs are telling me to go to the grand chapel but I forgot how to get there. Can anyone help? Its shaping up to be my favorite SNES game next to FE4 so I dont wanna drop it right here.

You are right but i still want a south american theme, hell, you average place there is living on the real life cyberpunk

Get on my level

And then I go and forget to equip my padded jacket

>no luck

>silent prayer

>Still using Akasha Arts after getting Awakened Power
>Not swapping to Hell Thrust for superior crit damage with debuffs

Play Nocturne on hard. Just go in balls deep. Then you can disregard all the others, you've pretty much seen what SMT has to offer after that.

Honestly I asked because I remembered someone in a recent thread mentioning something about doing it a certain way for the best rewards.

I accidentally didn't learn the crit boost thing in Nocturne

Should I an hero

Which demons give Hell Thrust?

Mara, faggot

Mara has it.

Are any of his LPs archived anywhere?

I did True Demon without it

is learning all the heal shit and keeping mana drain a good strat?

Just beat SMT4 for the first time with the Chaos ending and man that was such a disappointing final boss. Even Beelzebub was so much harder than him.

Hopefully neutral ending is more challenging.

>a penis goddess giving hell trust

If you mean Focus, then yes you should. Just start again, you can't be THAT far in, and continuing on would mean you'd never get to experience the joy of shitting out four digit damage numbers every turn.

Mara always have skills like that

It is, but not by much. Fake Lucifer is definitely stronger than Merkabah but you'll still faceroll him if you know what you're doing.

>Hopefully neutral ending is more challenging.
Sorta.

I think most people would say that Beelzebub is the hardest boss in SMT4. Probably why he's optional.

After playing 15 SMT games I have came to the sad conclusion that after your 3rd smt game they rest are easy. Buff debuff abuse weakness. Its amazing me how some people cant do this and then say "SMT IV is the dark souls of Persona" or whatever.

Did I do good, Cred Forums?

I think people just hype up SMT as being really hard because it is relatively speaking. Compared to most JRPGs that come out, SMT is a lot more unforgiving but once you get past the initial few hours of getting your shit pushed in, you easily figure out the optimal way to handle enemies.

Honestly, the last SMT game I felt was truly hard was SJ and that was mainly because the dungeons were absolutely unforgiving at times.

I mean Might

>Using basic attacks
>Ever

Joe and Io weren't bad in DeSu2.

Excellent taste in demons user.

I really like this track
youtube.com/watch?v=X8qKUOAJ-rg

>tfw this sounds way better here because 3DS shitty speaker

No, world of Stronk Demifiend is the best damage dealing demon in the game by far, why waste him by making him a healer?

Joe had a tolerable voice but Io was too fairylike (which fits her appearance but it was still irritating)
Every time I think of the voices I remember Midori and Daichi, the two voices who made me mute the game every time they came up.

And why even give him healing skills when he already has them, in the form of items? He can do all the healing shit he'll ever need from the get go.

I see

>cosmic egg fifth

youtube.com/watch?v=E7VZAAAs-YI
>tfw I didn't play SMTIV back in the day so I won't feel nostalgia

How much is all the DLC worth a shit though?
Same for Apocalypse for that matter since I've heard that Atlus is doing some maximum jewing in that. FUCK I SHOULDN'T HAVE SOLD MY LUMA 3DS ON EBAY

There's multiplayer?

Lets see...

A Godslayer Needs Macca - $2.99. Macca grinding DLC.
A Godslayer Needs Demons - $1.99. Use Macca to purchase pre-trained demons.
A Godslayer Needs Apps - $2.49. App Point grinding DLC.
The Inverted Pyramid - $1.99. Cleopatra boss fight and fusion.
Explosive Epidemic in Mikado - $1.99.
A Trip to Hawaii - $2.49. Mephisto boss fight and fusion.
Depths of Twisted Tokyo - $1.49. Expand the bonus dungeon
Messiahs in the Diamond Realm - $3.99. Join forces with the Hero, Aleph, and the Demi-fiend

These are all the important ones.

>Arabahaki side quest
>kill him through Energy Drain spam
Truly the most exciting boss fight.

I wish I thought of that.

I don't think the pay2win DLCs are required though.

A-at least I get it for $10 off with prime

How did you do it?

Good fucking luck buying a full suit of secret shop armor without it.

most of my team already had Medigola except for Kudlak, who just used Energy Drain for that fight

Used a weak magic spell to get rid of his shield. Then took whatever attack he had up his sleeves

Rinse. Repeat.

>Nozomy casually asking if Isabeau and Flynn are fucking

Wait til you meet record scratchs carnival of fun.

They are.

who MT2 here

Flyyn is fucking asexual

Flynn lusts only for power and murder.

So he's fightsexual.

after what divine powers done to him....

How's SMT4:A? How's it compare to SMT4?

Is it worth trying to get a physical copy, or should I just do digital?

Generally, everything's an improvement over the original. The story's more interesting, a fuckton of annoying things have been fixed (like weapons being useless and Smirk being broken as fuck), the map isn't a clusterfuck of bullshit to navigate etc etc.

The downside is that whatever atmosphere it has is completely obliterated whenever a cutscene comes up, because god fucking damn are the tagalong NPCs annoying (except for Navarre because he is the bestest). At least you get to brutally murder them all if you want to, which you probably will by the time you get the choice.

>been sticking might on demifiend and demons for years
>just found out it only boosts crit by 12%
i don't think it's worth keeping anymore

>It's another Nanashi tries to commit deicide but gets stuck inside YHWH's house for 3 hours before giving up episode

Fuck *Record scratches* place.

>what will you use your strength for
>my friends
>all your stats increase
>Mitra use dekaja
y-you too

You're not even in the hard part where a horde of Metatrons is the regular encounter. Seriously, fuck them.

He is fucking a sexual. A sexual chimp.

>horde of Metatrons
[Robotic noises]

>decide to send pixie out to grow in dds
>only +1 luck
If it weren't for the 4 light grimoires that would have been a complete waste of time.

SMT IV, first time through, just met the Black Samurai: Sexy Snakey edition.

I'm pretty close to the end, right? According to the cynical man in the bar, I'm just about dead center on neutral alignment. Is there a proper point of no return? I honestly don't know if I want to go Chaos or Neutral. Law seems too obviously ill-intentioned, but if I can swing all three from a common backup, I certainly will.

>I'm pretty close to the end, right?
Ha ha ha. Not even close. You still got a ways to go.

it's only just begun

>snake
You aren't near shit.

>her profile in Apocalypse says she's into Boys Love

I went from P3P -> P4G -> Soul Hackers
I think I made a mistake on my first real SMT, but it's fun so far

>her nip version says she likes to read reverse trap manga
>America made her a fujo
My god she wants to recreate her favorite gay porn as a woman.

Abel is much stronger.

Bunny is stronger than any other SMT Protagonist we've seen, the four prime factors are genuine bullshit.

She's crossed over completely. She can't be saved.

>reverse trap manga
Fine taste

The ride is just beginning

Better buckle up son

Oh, dope. Approaching 30 hours, I started wrecking every boss, especially Beetleborg. Figured it was a 40-45 hour run. Glad there's more to go! Having tons of fun.

Not my fault that Ryota Koduka hit it out of the fucking park.
youtube.com/watch?v=k6otUQSTdc8
youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU
youtube.com/watch?v=af9pTcq5uSo

I can't believe that there is a character as ugly as Bobo. What were they thinking with that hair and those massive ears?

Just play whatever, it's a franchise based on variety and trying out different shit.
Unfortunately instead of having a fanbase that loves variety every single game has its own obnoxious fanboys which all hate each other so make of that what you will

I'LL END IT THUS

Is it worth getting a 2DS just to play SMT or is it a better investment to get a 3DS,3DSXL,3DS New and all that crap

user, use Widescreen patches or just play the game in 4:3

Most SMTs don't have any connections with each other so not like you did something wrong.

With that said, I went Strange Journey > SMT IV > Apocalypse and had a great time, felt like an actual trilogy.

Yuriko wouldn't have been such a bitch if she had been allowed to succ hero.

I have a 2ds and a regular 3ds and I think the 3ds is a lot nicer to hold.

>I'm just about dead center on neutral alignment.
Oh boy.

I play SMT IV on 2ds. Works fine for me. No SMT game is made with the NEW 3DS line in mind, so no reason to get any clamshell version unless you play in public or prefer the shape.

Play the game with japanese voices you retarded fucks.

ATLUS NA VAs not even ONCE

>miss!
>enemy smirks

>Oni-Kagura
>Oni-Kagura

There's no such option in the games and unfortunately I'm not a piratefag so I can't download undubs, I just turn off the dubs entirely because I'm too used to the old games anyway and dubs just distract me

>Should I play them?
They're one of the definitive and longest running JRPG series, so I'd say it's at least worth a play.
Depends on how you want to get into the series. I got into it by playing Devil Survivor on the DS, though a far more common entry point is via the Persona series (3 FES and 4/4 Golden mainly). Generally I'd start with the most recent games to see if you even like the systems behind it and then go back, but going back typically means you miss out on a lot of Quality of Life improvements.
Highly depends on your standards for gameplay, waifus and story. Persona 3/4 are weak on gameplay and story in my opinion, but the waifus might appeal to you and make playing them worthwhile. Personally, having played 3 FES and 4, I'd say they're not worth playing, but I still need to play 1 and both parts of 2 to be able to say for sure.
Very. Basically every non-PC, XBox or 3DS game can be emulated to some degree.

At the very least, the demon designs (barring most of SMT 4's redesigns) are very well worth looking into.

When will our savior return?

Got the game as a gift, thus no undub.

What do you mean, he's in Apocalypse handing out items.

>Labrys strike

He got wiped out by God's Wrath
Nigga's dead

Nozomi is the worst new girl.

>mfw this plays in one of the DLC dungeons: youtube.com/watch?v=JlCsAVTmsrQ

FOR THE FAERIES

>Stopped Nocturne hard mode after getting to Ikebukuro
>Stopped DDS2 after getting to the sun
>Stopped SJ after Captain Jack gave me his list of shit I have to go find
>Stopped Raidou 1 after that maze in the warehouse, tried to pick it up again, but I didn't know where the chin chong nip nong Narumi wanted me to go is

I need to actually finish some of these

Fo

Damn.

DID I WASTE A BULLET

*makes smug comment in intense situation*

No dumb ass she's the best

SMT Go would make more sense lore wise than Pokemon Go ever did.

>Implying you don't want to homeslice her bananacakes

>You can actually emulate DeSu OC at full speed

you're the worst girl

Too bad I don't like DeSu.

He was too based for this earth

Isn't it Autistic Bunny-kun?

y tho
I have the cart and neither DeSu is remotely good

Literally 100% correct though, all DeSu 2 has going for it is slightly superior gameplay.

Start with Nocturne.

Shesha Flynn

I've never seen such a terrifying image on my 3DS before.

That's Asahi.

Aw shit nigga

why can't danu just birth another YHWH

Shit taste m8

It just werks?

Asahi's fine due to the simple fact that the game takes every opportunity to shit all over her
Nozomi's just kind of there

this might help you out:
pastebin.com/Cke5TXEm
there's also a better smt2 translation that isn't mentioned here, you can find it here:
pastebin.com/NqLRYf5n

What about Soul Hackers?

Also, what about Devil Summoner translation?

I liked it better than 1
1 never gave me any motivation to continue and had comparatively little character development.

Reminder Krishna is the savior
Reminder you killed the savior

Didn't try those.

Tried SMT IV and it ran at cinematic 17 fps

FE Fates runs at like 8-10 in 3D scenes but full speed otherwise.

In fact you need to V-Sync Fates and DeSu because it goes to 300 fps

>Using healing items other than medicine/life stones

The only reason Pokemon Go succeeded is because it was based on an extremely popular IP. SMT doesn't have the popularity for something like that to succeed, and quite frankly I think there are very, very few IPs that would be able to pull it off in general.

Would be pretty cool though.

DeSu 1 has better story and some remarkable characters like Atsubro and Naoya among 2 or 3 more.

DeSu 2 has worse story(though it's not bad) but better overall cast since all of them are good.

I think it just really depends in what clicks with you more.

>Merkabah is a asshole
>Lucifer is a asshole
>Satan is a chill nice guy

Vishnu pls

Your band of misfits wouldn't be able to fight Satan anyway.

>>>Lucifer is a asshole
wrong

>Couldn't side with Divine powers
It could have been kinda interesting.

>>a asshole

>all that shit with Inanna taking over Toki

That part gave me a terrifyingly strange feeling.

I guess. DeSu 2 RB is my favorite megaten I've played really, the story sucked me in and gave me enough info about the characters for me to care about (most) of them.
Atsuro was a titanic bro but I really don't see what people suck Naoya's dick over, he was cool when you finally find out his motivations and background but he appeared so little that it didn't make enough of an impact on me to care about him. Fuggable though

I don't know, I feel like the omnipresent threat of the Bels and the countdown clock gave plenty of motivation to get your shit in gear and either find a way out or die fighting. Character development, yes, is definitely lacking in comparison to 2, but 2's characters are largely just anime cliches given human form except for maybe Joe and Autism Bunny himself.

>DeSu 2 has worse story(though it's not bad) but better overall cast since all of them are good.
Firstly, DeSu 2 is literally Evangelion: SMT Edition, and it's not exactly executed nearly as well it's inspiration was either. Secondly, is there anyone who really likes Keita or Ronaldo?

Ah he's playing with Asahi.

what was the point of the alternative Tokyos and Akiras now that we actually have an actual origin story for Tokyo and Mikado?

>he doesn't want to breed Toki

I wanna breed with Gu Huo Niao.

Where the fuck is Tougu Gosho?

>dad walks in during lust jar

The White showing you a few what if scenarios

Click the mapper, toggle it. It has 3 modes, one of the mode will show sidequest location. Its somewhere near Ikebukuro

Fuck yes I do, but the whole scene was surreal. One of the weirdest boners I've had in a while.
>not breeding with Asherah

The Bels weren't really tension inducing, you just kind of waited for them to show up so you could kick their asses. The only real "tension" was the little bit at the beginning where you need to figure out how to kill Beldr. I never got the comparison to Eva with DeSu 2 since both DeSu's have "plucky group of young people fight against an alien/divine group of beings." The only similarity was JPs.
All DeSu characters, both 1 and 2 are cliches so this makes zero sense.

No, fuck Keita and Ronaldo.

Ass.

>Look Master, it's our child!
>suddenly this fat fuck

>everyday I come home and my son is just sitting on the stairs giving me this SMUG ASS FUCKING LOOK

talk to the 5.67 billion hands

I unironically liked this guy, he's such an asshole and you can tell he loves every second of it

Felt good kicking his new form's shit on the first try.

>its like buddha, but not buddha

>His "Upgrade" form
>"I have achieved enlightenment"
>Blah blah truth is something we all have to find own our own blah.

>youtube.com/watch?v=af9pTcq5uSo

This song wasn't done by Ryota Koduka

Where can I find any blogs of translators who make patches for if..., Debil Summoner, Persona 2 EP PSP?

>The only similarity was JPs.
>Who is El Psyduck
>What are the ̶A̶n̶g̶e̶l̶ Septentrione attacks

This. Any game with a free inventory full of recovery items should be ashamed of itself when it asks you to use up valuable resources to get healing skills.

Maitreya is A Buddha, not THE Buddha

No. Matador is.

Dunno what you mean by El Psyduck but the Bels function identically to the Septentriones, a group (Bels and Seps) of otherworldly antagonists who are bringing ass to the world of the haha so fanny protags. What I meant was that people use it as a shot against 2 when it applies to 1 in almost every aspect except JPs, which was similar to NERV.

>>Stopped Raidou 1 after that maze in the warehouse, tried to pick it up again, but I didn't know where the chin chong nip nong Narumi wanted me to go is
Similar story here. That game is NOT one that you can put aside for a month. You gotta play that shit intensely.

Nigga,septentriones are literally daily Angels
>But septentriones are aliens...
Go rewatch Evangelion if you don't remember what the fuck the angels are

>megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Septentriones
>The Septentriones bear some resemblance to the Angels of Neon Genesis Evangelion, in that they appear singularly, apparently destroy for the sheer sake of it and are named in a similar manner (in this case stars as opposed to angels).
>They share further similarity with the series, as they were designed by Mohiro Kitoh, the comic artist who designed the third angel in Rebirth of Evangelion 2.0
And that's why we compare them

Function =/= literally being the same thing. Yes, Bels function similarly to Septentriones in terms of game mechanics, but they're literally just a name away from being Angels.

Also, El Psyduck? You really don't remember our Kaworu wannabe with the pimping red and black striped shirt? Shit, you need to rewatch Eva nigga.

what was Satan's goal?

No shit the seps are aliens I never said they weren't. I just was saying that it's very similar to the Bels since they do the same thing, being otherworldly beings in a group that appears one after the other.
If you said Kaworu I would've understood it but I've only watched the original and I don't frequent the community so I don't understand their strange memes. If they weren't explicitly stated to be demons then you could say the same for the Bels.

Satan kept watching angels fight demons for all eternity while humanity were treated like slaves and one day he just decided enough is enough and got angry over *record scratch* not doing anything to save either Mankind or His Angels.

tl;dr got tired of his boss' shit and wanted a new one.

El Psyduck is a play on the Anguished One's given name, and one that I've seen used here somewhat frequently. The Eva bit at the end was just me being a jackass and further saying DeSu 2 is just Eva.

He want the Nanashi (or Flynn)'s dick

Oh ok, cool

You've played Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE yet? It's good.

When handheld games start bringing in less money than console games.

What kind of madman created YHVH dungeon it's just so needlessly big.

What song are these two remixes of?
youtube.com/watch?v=V1mGIOUFeGM&list=PLz2ibfAR9AqHOtYltoNbCjFYK9gGC-DyI&index=25
youtube.com/watch?v=0SuJlPHOP44&list=PLz2ibfAR9AqHOtYltoNbCjFYK9gGC-DyI&index=37

Probably to make you feel grand

kinda wish there's more shit instead of big hallway

And there's too little bosses, the mobs are stupidly weak and boring except for metatrons

I kinda like the door leading to the boss though. felt like the end of a journey or something

>piss easy dungeons
>cosmic egg was just trial and error with the hole spots
>suddenly a dungeon the size of the universe

>Altus: People have been complaining that our dungeons haven't been dungeons as of late
>Altus: So get this. We're gonna make a teleport maze dungeon but wait! It's gonna fucking big and I mean BIG

>ukano-mitama has debilitate
>can't fucking fuse him into anything with a positive affinity for buffs and has a good MP pool
God I hate this demon

Just did chaos ending in smt Iv a. Lots of dumb shit in yhvh's universe

Guess they wanted to make it feel like you're about to fight THE God instead of suddenly encountering YHVH in a back alley like in SMT 2.

They went way too far tho

No wonder YHVH turned evil

With only Satan with him in that fucking dungeon who wouldn't

Can you fuse him into an element and work from there? Seems like the logical thing to do.

Never played SMT games, but holy shit I like atmosphere of a Raidou games.
Is it an okay place to start?

>tfw the hardest part of the dungeon is trying to find the loot

They're different from the normal SMT games because they're more action based. They're also very easy.

I still really enjoyed them.

Its Mara user

They play absolutely nothing like any of the other games, but they're not hard and they'll teach you spell and demon names. So yeah, they're a decent starting spot. Just don't put either of them down for too long, otherwise you won't know where to go and asking your boss again won't help.

I think Raidou 1 is kinda boring, but I haven't gotten very far.

The second Raidou is supposed to be better from what I was told.

>Just don't put either of them down for too long, otherwise you won't know where to go
Haha fuck me.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bc5rboSunV0&list=PLm30gZxZ3k4Dzak-6liaDwpdAgR8l0zF8&index=12

>tfw didn't get lost in tokyo anymore

Nocturne or IV?

Power is best angel

Nocturne is far better.

>Tfw discover that all my healers are weak to thunder during Odin fight

Help my stock is a graveyard

based

Putting those babylon whores in their place

Got it. I'll play them, but won't form an opinion about series based on these games. I just really like that atmosphere of 20-30es.

Gonna try Digital Devil Saga after that. Shame I've sold my 3ds, Soul Hackers looks neat.

Delete this

If you need to use a walkthrough in order to find out what you need to do next, try not to feel too bad

Napea just mentioned a goddess feather. I take it find it in the cosmic egg?

Does this advice apply to all SMT games?

Not OP, but, what's the appeal in this series? I'm a huge Fire Emblem fan, and, I was excited about the crossover (When it didn't become some J-pop idol game), and I briefly played SMTIV when it went on sale awhile back. I hated it. It felt really edgy. I never finished it. I think I got to the part where you fight your best friend (Issa something, I don't remember), and just dropped it there.

yeah after you beat preggo bitch

From the ones I've played, they're not nearly as bad as Raidou is for remembering/figuring out what to do. Except for maybe SMT2 since it has a bunch of backtracking and bullshit you have to find to progress.

>that demon market dlc in Apocalypse
what the fuck
the demons they sell are op as fuck and have the best skills in the game
they also only cost like 30k

So why can Stephen say YHVH name
I thought humans coudn't
what the fuck is stephen

Stephen is the actual YHVH ;^)

Alright, thanks. I guess I'll write shit down to not forget.

Demi-fiend is just a very powerful demon. He's weaker than all the humans protagonists conceptually, but certainly Aleph and Nanashi.

wudnt be surprise from the DLC shit and IV hes is probably like some super onimverse YHVH

He's like Philemon, but less shitty

Lucy is a top tier bro, he always plays fair, he respects you and humans and doesn't try to brainwash them, always tries to talk out to you and reach an agreement before fighting. He's the one that proposes the ceasefire and acts reasonably all the time.

Stephen (and St. Germaine and Mido, for that matter) has transcended time and space to become a multi-universal being that is greater than YHVH

This

Any tips for fighting the fiends in Apoc cause David has a shit ton of health

That's literally just at the end of what amounts to the tutorial area though.

When does he say it ?
I'm at Tsukiji Konganji proper
Also how does he pronounce it ?

>Went Dex in SMTIV
>Should have went Mag
>Going Str in Apocalypse
>mfw should have just went mag

I feel like all of my problems would be solved if I just went into magic. Is the strength+luck build really that good?

Just the usual charge + gun/sword and buff with your demons. Not much of a threat its just a matter of finishing in 10 turns or not. I remember I did like 13k for the finishing blow with a Riot Gun to the face

I am not sure about magic build since you would probably ran out of MP before the end of the fight. Either waste a few turn with items or let your demon learn it

I played DDS for about 4 hours, is it supposed to be that hard or do I have to grind lvls a little in every before fighting boss?

DS releases have no voice acting.

Mag is a little worse in Apocalypse since you can't just get all the skill slot apps immediately, but it's still great, and I'm not sure how they improved strength in this one.

Stephen is a transcended human

he's more powerful than *record scratch*, he just doesn't give enough of a shit to get rid of him himself

>mfw in the bonus dungeon DLC he stands up

In my humble opinion, the games were interesting but not really noteworthy until the PS2 era. SMT IV on 3DS is a great jumping point into the series. If you wanted a harder, almost more serious title try SMT 3: Nocturne on PS2. If you want more dungeon crawling try SMT Strange Journey on DS. If you liked getting to know your companions and stuff do Persona 3 and 4. 4 is more light hearted in general but darker on a psychological level for each character while 3 has a darker tone in general that falls more in line, though not entirely, with the mainline series. From there branch out.

The PS2 spinoffs like Digital Devil Saga are okay, but not major contenders within the series. Persona Q is basically Persona mixed with Etrian Odyssey. Within the series it falls somewhere between Persona and Strange Journey. If you want ballbusting difficulty and don't mind aged mechanics, the earlier titles are fun as well.

I haven't played SMT IV: Apocalypse yet but I'm pretty hyped for it. I'm just broke as shit.

when you have pierce-all any build is viable
gotta make it near the end though

How many SMT games even got localized before the ps2?
Like the original persona? And even then it was a broken as fuck localization.

holy shit.

what game has that dlc?

>broken as fuck localization

It's time

Yeah, but if he's talking emulation, a lot of them have fan translations due to being a supreme weeb series.

Apocalypse

DLC dungeon isn't out unless you pirate

>mfw Ronde

Other than P1 though, I think the only other pre-PS2 megaten games that got localized were Jack Bros and the first Last Bible game

>Newspaper Headlines
>"Fat NEETs bleed to death over app demanding blood sacrifice"

>everyone says 'start with P3/DeSu/DDS'
>just bit the bullet and just played the first one
>enjoyed immensely

Is it really that dated? I mean it's not too abstract and the combat itself seems pretty easy to get into, it's just the lack of information.

Also Persona 2 EP (but not the PS1 IS for some reason).

great, thanks.

I don't have to worry because I got the japanese copy anyways. just haven't found the time to play it.

SMT 1 would be more enjoyable if there was a translation of PS1 port.

David is a homeboy but he ain't no Matador

I always forget about EP, probably because I haven't beaten IS yet.

What skin?

>tfw daisoujou is too old to be grouped with the fiends

I think the biggest issue with P1 is that, if you input a few commands and then realize that someone is out of range of attacking (fucking Mark), you have to back out of all the commands if you want to move them and then input all of the commands again. It became tedious fast. That and the grid didn't seem to add any extra strategy from what I played (which admittedly wasn't very much, so I could be wrong about this) but instead just made the combat pointlessly slower.

wait you mean this wallpaper?

1 one is a loveletter to smt1 and campy fun until the final moments when shit GETS REAL. It plays fine, but don't bother doing the bonus boss. Literally horseshit.

2's story takes a nose dive, but plays better.

They definitely tried to add depth with the grid, but it didn't work out since most of the time you'll just spam Megido to kill 90% of the enemies, and then use Piercy's gun on the remaining 10% that are somehow immune to magic/nuclear. Removing the grid didn't harm P2, but I think removing the first person dungeon crawling did, especially with that encounter rate.

smt games arent fun you either break the combat to make it too easy (all recent and new games) or its too boring tedious and shit(old games)

so really persona is only good smt games because you have social links n shieet not just combat

t. person that has beat 12 smt games

Better question is how long before they drop 3ds and go mobile instead

Aleph the literal antichrist who kills God even in the law route is much more badass

Does anyone have japanese android apk for SMT1 and 2?

Why do people call him a vending machine I haven't played SJ yet?

I see. I originally tried out P1 because I was curious about the grid system, but I ended up giving up on the game within the first 10 hours. Glad to know I'm not missing out on much.
I didn't last long in P2 either because of the encounter rate. I think PPSSPP has a speedup function though, so I may try it on that and just speed through the battles.

Japanese Scooby Doo, Jojo's Strange Journey, and Space Hindu Bullshit are all aptly named.

What is the best way to emulate Strange Journey? On a phone or on PC? Does it rely too much on touch screen?

I don't recall it needing the touch screen much, if at all. Someone with better recollection may well correct me, though.

If you do try the PSP version of IS, and you want to play EP afterwards, try not to get too use to the fast forward feature. Otherwise actually going through EP will be hell.

>you need to save these citizens from demons
Nah fuck that

Doesn't PS1 emulator allow speedup too?

I'm sure there is one, but I can't seem to find a PS1 emulator that isn't shit to use.

I'm not sure if I'll play EP or not (mainly depends on whether I like IS's story, I guess). Does EP have the same issues as IS? Entering into another auto battle every five steps in IS was already hell.
I'm pretty sure ePSXe lets you disable the frame limiter for speedup. No clue about any others.

EP's fights are a bit harder than IS's, which I like since the actual fighting in IS is mind-numbingly easy, but then you have to deal with PS1 era negotiations in order to fuse shit.

PC is best. You only use the touch screen to look around the map

To be fair, he looks cooler as a black guy than he did as an asian dork.