youtube.com/watch?v=T9sTxVfiovw
youtu.be/IlW8SDG4DCY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

>bait his hook out
>dodge his hook
>shoot his massive hitbox

pretty simple

The hitscan hook is retarded, it should just operate like Pudge, it's really annoying to get no-clipped through walls and level geometry because of the fucking hook.

roadhog really isnt that good, he just feeds ultimates to the other team and cant push/hold a line

>dodge hook
>stay out of range of his shotgun
>use him as an ult battery while he heals
Wow so hard

how alive is overwatch ?

>just dodge the hitscan hook that has no startup time

a'ight

>defend this Cred Forums

I can't, he is the reason why I uninstalled the game around late June.

If/when this cheap fucking hero gets deleted, I'll come back and have fun again

as a tracer player I love playing against hog, fills up ult in seconds

>Hitscan hook

What? No. It's just a ridiculously huge projectile.

why would you stand right in front of a roadhog firing at him, you just break line of sight and avoid standing in front of him like a muppet

zen player here, it's so satisfying watching him melt when he's discorded

>all these people responding to the most obvious fucking bait

I don't get it. It's such obvious bait you couldn't actually fall for it, is it just fun to argue?

>try to dodge hook
>get hooked around corner
>die

He's easy to hit because he's such a big guy

>the only tank with no damage-negating abilities
This alone makes all the other tanks more useful.

>play pharah
>flying at literally the skybox limit
>get hooked out of the air

Complete and utter bullshit.

>bait the hook
>with 20 tick
not worth it ohana

>no start-up time
it does

>hook goes through matrix
>deal 300 damage because lolcritbox

>20 tick

don't play the game then

>he doesn't know
Everyone laugh at this ignorant user

just immediately matrix when he hooks you or shift away
roadhog loses to dva pretty hard

>bait the hook
>literally a wall that goes around corners

almost as if roadhog was some sort of counter to d.va

Roadhog isn't ever used as a tank. The game is dumb to classify him as such

Everyone counter D.va at this point.

roadhog is a counter against good hitbox programming

roadhog fires his gun while you're still in hitstun post-hook

Can we stop with the "roadhog's hook is hitscan" meme? It has a bit of startup and then goes in one direction like a projectile. I've had people run through a missed hook's chain. The reason you get hooked around corners is because you keep your momentum for a half second or so after the hook. It's like you guys don't even play this game.

everybody counters d.va

Also hitboxes. If I can see your arm from around a corner, I should be able to hook you.

a light breeze counters D.va

Do you even play the game?

its not hitscan though

d.va's biggest problem is she can't defend herself

her DPS is terrible. she should at least do winston tier DPS. d.va out of the mech does better damage than d.va in the mech

ITT: people who don't know what the word "hitscan" means

In terms of concurrent players, I'd think it'd be more than TF2, which would put it in the top 5 on Steam - if it were on Steam.

Her DPS is better than Winston's though.

hitscan my dick, i insane the amount of time that think miss or get you behind walls, where da fuck are those fast server on console, Blizzcunt.

the part where this goes too far is that you can hook someone who is completely hidden around a corner, or the worse offender, the skyscraper hitbox it has that enables you to do pic related

.1 startup .1 flying time

real problem is how fucking wide the hitbox is to auto-correct.

this hits though, hitbox on the vertical scale is fucking retarded

Not when you account for movement. Winston can get a consistent DPS because his gun is easy to use, DVA's DPS is only good on paper if you account for hitting all the pellets and what not

See, I wish the hook didn't have posthit-stun. Rather, I wish there was a small window gap to react, such as .15. You'd probably not hit it, but it would give those who are truly quick on the trigger an escape such as matrix, jump, mist, and so forth.

at what range?

here's a protip: winston can actually keep up with the enemy

youtube.com/watch?v=T9sTxVfiovw

>The reason you get hooked around corners is because you keep your momentum for a half second or so after the hook
Then why was this tracer able to BLINK behind the Winston after apparently being hooked through the stun?

The character with the highest winrate for me is D.Va. It's not uncommon for me to get four golds, though it's usually three golds and a silver (for damage done).

I don't get it. I don't feel especially powerful as her, yet I win the most with her.

>yfw you get hooked across the map

that's what I'm saying, it's complete inexcusable bullshit

Okay I just found a video about this. A good fix I think would be to just increase the collision box, rather than make the hitbox smaller. A nerf to the hitbox might put him under.
For reference:
youtu.be/IlW8SDG4DCY

20 tick. She's clearly hit before she blinks.

At least I survived the hook

>Don't hold still once he shows up
>Shimmy left and right to try and dodge the hook when it comes out
>keep him about mid range, don't let him close the gap
>Pepper him during all this
>the moment it misses, close the game and wail on him
>if he stops for the gas, aim for his head
>if he doesn't die by the time the gas is done, back off as his hook is probably about to come off cooldown
>never run into him head on
Having more than one person tunneling him down with you also helps

Blizzard said they are working on faster servers for console but it is harder because of Xbox Live and PSN.

>Play Pharah, shoot rocket, die, rocket disappears because server says I died first

If Tracer was hooked first on the server then it wouldn't have let her blink through because the input would get there when the server says she was stunned.

She blinked because the input got there when she wasn't hookstunned. She ends up behind the Winston then somehow gets hooked.

Because it's hitscan but the effects are delayed, Tracer was hooked but it hadn't kicked in yet.

I know OP is baiting because he's posted this thread over and over and over again, but I still can't let this pass

>dude HITSCAN HOOK with NO STARTUP TIME LMAO
You've never played roadhog. The hook is a projectile, it's not even a fast projectile. You have to throw it where you think opponents are going to walk to. It's a crapshoot and it's not hitscan at all.

the hook is not hitscan. You have to play roadhog for about 30 seconds to figure this out.

The hell is with people complaining about this guy? I'm only a gold shitter and even I don't have an issue with him.

>bait his hook
or
>stay out of range
And then enjoy the free ult charge.

>miss hook
I guess I'll be useless until it comes back off cooldown...
>throw hook
>Zarya shield
People stop feeding Zarya! Why do I get the noobs!

Watch the video dumbshit.

Tracer get's "hooked" and should be stunned but the server still accepts her INPUT to blink, no momentum bullshit there, 20 tick meme doesn't matter, if she was hookstunned on the server it would ignore her blink input completely. It's hitscan but the stun and pull are delayed so it can play out the whole animation to trick mongs like you into thinking there's anything in overwatch that isn't designed to be easy as fuck to land.

>pick reaper
>make that fat fuck choke on your edgy dick

Is everyone on Cred Forums a platinum player or something? How are there so many threads bitching about avenueswine?

Tracer has a hitbox when blinking, at the beginning of the line, friend :^ )

>defend this

It's not hitscan, it's a projectile. You can test this yourself in the training room against moving robots.

It only appears hitscan at medium to close range because of the speed of the projectile, however at longer than medium range you have to lead your target.

Targets who are hooked aren't guaranteed to come to Roadhog, they can and often are stopped by map geometry and collidable objects on the map, even sloped terrain can be enough.

Targets will also appear at a random spot behind, beside, or inside of Roadhog, and this effect is unpredictable as the target's position "corrects" (instantaneously snaps) to the position the server knows, even though the client will see a pull animation indicating somewhere else.

His combo can be stopped by Zarya, Zen orb, Mercy, amped Lucio heal, or any other sort of healing effect. If your team does not have a Zarya, you are a shitter in shit league and you deserve your loss.

the same retard made the same retarded thread
wew that's something new

Roadhog fucking melts as soon as more than 1 person fights him at once.

>It's just a ridiculously huge projectile.

Actually, it's not. It's extremely narrow and extremely long.

Try it out in the practice range against still robots, and you'll find that it has a very unforgiving hitbox aiming at a target's side / shoulder. Whereas if you aim above their head (well above, like 1 or 2 feet above) you'll hit them.

How to fix roadhog

make his hook a wind up like heavy's minigun from tf2x he has to ready the hook for a second before firing it. This way it is still hitscan but enemies can now reliably prepare to dodge a hook when they see roadhog swinging his chain

After like 3k-ish people stop beeing retarded, so baiting out hooks becomes pretty hard. The mein reason Zarya is a must pick is because shes more or less the only reliable way to keep your squishies from getting raped by the fat man.
Hes still okay though since aside from his ultimate hes useless in teamfights or in pushes.

Roadhog pros:
>Can one-shot most heroes with one of his abilities
>Large health pool, good self-heal

Roadhog cons
>Enormous hurtbox
>No mobility skills
>No shield
>You have to take damage instead of blocking it, so you charge enemy ults like fist of north star
>Shots have to be lined up perfectly or they just tickle
>Only 4 shots
>If you run out of shots and hooks, you have no options left but to die while trying to run away

He's very specialized. He's designed to assassinate low health heroes one by one. It's a good skill but it's the only skill he has. Everything else he does is a disadvantage designed to make him less useful. He's not OP, and blizzard's most recent buff shows they think so too. Whiners on Cred Forums just don't like getting one-shotted.

>duke out hook
>shoot big head

Or just play him if you actually think he is OK, you stupid little bitch.

What are some good skin/gold gun combos.

>Gold 76
>LionHardt

One shot kills are bullshit, specially if thry are as easy as they are with roadhog. Hook and hold left click. The hook has a gigantic hitbox.

Then he is too good when he's sticking with atleast 2 other teammates. They will take advantage of you wanting to kill the big guy and kill you before OR he will kill you while you try to take the other guys down.

Also, he might be an ult feeder for the enemy, but also for the healers. When I have a roadhog to heal I get my ult real quick.

Do you know what hitscan is? If the hook was hitscan, you would be able to click on an enemy model, and they would be hooked no matter where they moved. This is evidently not so. You get most of your hooks as roadhog by aiming just ahead of the enemies, and hoping they move predictably. If you treat the hook like a hitscan attack you will literally never hook anyone. Don't be retarded.

dvas carbon fiber looks good with gold guns, too bad she looks shit out of her mech n that skin

Watch the video
He hooks with mouse on tracer
Tracer blinks behind winston
Gets hooked thru winston
Then recalls back behind winston to prove it

not entirely guns but
Nomad also cause c u r v e d sword
Banana Winston
Paragon/Balderich Rein
Desert Reaper
Posh Tracer
and maybe Lucio and hippityhop although people won't be able to tell the difference

It's 60 tick now.

see:
Why choose such a convoluted test? Why not just go into training and try to hook something that's moving? it's a projectile, m8. 40 m/s. This isn't a conspiracy.

>Zarya hair edit

I need this.

The server is 60 tick, but the client is still at 20

I'm sorry you're frustrated about getting one-shotted. I agree, you could consider it a bad mechanic which rewards low-skill play. But roadhog is built around this one-shot kill. They thought up the hook, and then built a character around it that is literally nothing but blatant disadvantages designed to negate the overall usefulness of the character, to even out his one-shot ability. People who want the hook combo nerfed don't understand what roadhog is for.

He is the best counter to Pharah, who is generally at least annoying as fuck, so suck a dick

>Then he is too good when he's sticking with atleast 2 other teammates.
Fucking what
Your big complaint about the character is that he kills you in a 3 vs. 1? Go fight him and his 2 teammates with 2 teammates of your own, what are you doing?

>literally a wall that goes around corners
you say what now?

Enemy Roadhog? I mean my teams personal ult-battery?

>dude I JUST POSTED THIS THREAD YESTERDAY AND IT GOT OVER 300 REPLIES LMAO
>dude IM GONNA POST IT AGAIN LMAO
>dude IM TOTALLY NOT GOING TO GET BANNED FOR THIS LMAO

defend this Cred Forums

every day until roadhog gets his nerf

Now I'm no fan of zarya's hair, but that edit looks like some wig a 60 year trailer trash crack whore would wear.

You probably cried about McCree too.

>Waaahh if it can kill me it needs to be nerfed I don't like it!

The OW userbase is so pathetic. I even bet you play someone who's embarrassingly easy to use like Reaper, Junkrat, or Hanzo.

I simply do not agree with this video.

Yes, the "pull" mechanic can be wonky.

However, landing a hook should not mean that they will be in single-combo-kill range every single time.

This happens to me a lot too.

I don't know if it's never really seeing the full length of the hook because most people do it from 10 feet away. It just always feels like it's EXTRA fucking long when you're Pharah.

Also It seems like the roadhog going for the pull somehow knows it'll make contact while he's just staring into the sky, not getting fucked by your team somehow.

Fuck

Roadhog is the worst tank anyway, he's basically DPS when you play him right. He's best when he either pops out of a corner to get a pick, or hooks people from behind a Rein shield.
The second he gets focused he either dies or has to retreat to heal, feeding ult the whole time.
Anyone in this thread who says that Roadhog is an OP tank is a QP shitter.

A shame, since he just got buffed, and has been otherwise unchanged by every other patch.
Blizzard built roadhog around having a one-shot tether kill. That is the only thing about roadhog that is never, ever going to change. He's always going to oneshot 200 health heroes, and you'd better get used to it.

>le feeding ult meme

Wow. Roadhog is totally balanced because of this thing that affects every other tank.

Not so. Winston, rein, dva and zarya negate damage with a shield. Roadhog negates damage by taking it and healing it very quickly. He's the only one that charges the enemy ult by using his survival skill.

I still think a good compromise would be to let someone retaliate while getting reeled in. Right now you can just barely get a shot off MAYBE before getting fucked.

Throw hook, player is stunned and turned towards him, while being pulled in they can use basic weapon abilities.

Doesn't really matter, good Roadhogs know that his gun is fucking brutal and will save hooks for hard to hit targets instead of anyone they see.

Are you being serious right now?

Every other tank has damage mitigation and unless they're being played by fucking idiots will never feed damage the same way Hog does.

Is this a roadhog thread?

best hero in game

sold 15 million copies

i got it last week and have been playing it since, takes about 1-2 minutes to find match. also gives you choice of various data centres so you have access to different timezones

winstons shield is shit and takes 30 seconds to recharge

dva has a gigantic head hitbox and feeds ult like no ther

Winston will always jump in with a Zarya shield. That, coupled with his bubble and jump cool down, means he won't take as much damage as a Hog. Not to mention he'll be jumping into the backlines, not fighting in the front like a Hog.

And only idiots play D.va, so my point stands.

>Remove oneshot hook, allow everyone the chance to escape after being hooked
>Roadhog is now literally useless, only tool left is scrapball which is a complete crapshoot, as it requires ridiculously precise spacing
>No one ever picks him again
Not gonna happen. Roadhog does one thing exceedingly well, and is garbage in almost every other respect. You want to nerf his one skill and you think he'll somehow still be viable. At least blizzard knows what roadhog is for, I don't have to worry about the literally retarded community begging for nerfs because someone killed them in quickplay.

>sold 15 million copies
no

Winston's shield is good. It just is supposed to be used differently from Rein and D.va's one.

I consistently get gold with her in comp because I use her thrust offensively. Many people don't seem to know this but her thrust damages enemies and you can circle around and hit an enemy like 3 times in one thrust then shoot the rest of their health away. Not to mention pushing them off the map. It's super useful and extremely under utilized by other players.

>winstons shield is shit and takes 30 seconds to recharge
Here's how to use winston's shield. Use the jump to get close to the enemy team. Immediately put down your shield and start M1'ing from the other side. Kill a squishy. Now get the fuck out when your jump recharges and the shield breaks. It's not like Rein's shield at all.

all fucking wrong and retarded fuck off

k

>Wouldn't it be great if when you hook people towards you, they can just kill you while you do it?
No. There's already an element of of risk involved in reeling in other players. If you miss the followup after hooking, or if the enemy has lots of HP, they can already take the opportunity to kill you. Hooking another roadhog in normal conditions is suicide. Hooking anyone while you have low HP is a risk. No need to actually break the hook entirely in the name of making it completely unsafe and self destructive to use.

>be plat
>get stomped because shitty diamonds
>lose 60 points
>stop on another set of diamonds/plats next match
>win 30 points
ummm.......blizztards?

>people unironically complaining about roadhog of all things
ok, now I've seen it all

more like
>how to make roadhog useless

stay away from game development, you're a complete imbecile