Will this finally topple Arkham as the top dog and free us from ''press X to win''

Will this finally topple Arkham as the top dog and free us from ''press X to win''

Other urls found in this thread:

gamasutra.com/view/news/272694/Ratchet__Clank_2016_postmortem.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying this won't be dumbed down for masses

Insomniac is known for making actual good games unlike Rocksteady
i trust them with this

Fuck you, "press X to win" is conceptually great, that's how superheroes fight, it's just that devs don't bother to make it hard, sadly.

I wouldn't complaint if this game has Batman combat, but i would like an original combat system instead.

I want to rub that pussy!

mostly yes

Redpill me on essential press X to wincore kinogames.

Should've given the license to the infamous devs.

No one knows until they show us something that isn't scripted WOW OMG SPIDERMAN LOOKS LIKE THAT???? footage

I just played the new Ratchet and Clank and it revitalized my faith in Insomniac. I'm pretty fucking pumped for this game. I hope it's glorious.

I'm thoroughly convinced people who complain about Arkham combat being "press x to win" have either never played it or played on easy.

It's going to be awesome, Insomniac are fucking kickass developers. I wish we would get a port of Sunset Overdrive sometime.

The craziest thing is that they made it in only 10 months. There's an interesting article about it on Gamasutra

gamasutra.com/view/news/272694/Ratchet__Clank_2016_postmortem.php

I WANT TO STROKE SMUG KITTY

Yup, pressing X usually nets you a hit to the face.

>that white spider on his costume
What the fuck

It's unique. I'd rather they have something new instead of the same generic spiderman costume they've used in every game.

Besides I can guarantee it will have unlockable costumes and shit

because they wanted a costume immediately identifiable as coming from this game, so if people saw pictures or merchandise or something they would always know what media it came from

DLC costumes, you mean

I like it. Its a little less "super hero" than the usual costume and has a sort of athletic, utilitarian, modern design, which I feel fits well with Spiderman.

I also think it pops quite nicely.

"My Balloon!"

>the greatest and most dynamic superhero costume of all time
>generic
Yeah, fuck off

In Arkham Knight there was literally a stealth takedown move that could get you like 5 knockouts at once though

>Sunset Overdrive
>Fuse
>Resistance

>Good

No

>implying combat won't be another arkham clone
wew lad

Probably not. It needs to be easy and casual for normies and kids to play, especially with the next Spidey movie coming next year.

The reason why the Arkham games were great is because Rocksteady made a game that felt like you were playing as Batman. Making a Spider-Man game can't be done well because Spidey has superpowers. A room full of thugs doesn't stand a chance against Spider-Man. But for Batman, he actually has to put effort into fighting them.

this company got all triggered by palmer luckey and said they won't support occulus anymore

why would I want to buy some dumb SJW game

no thank you

>palmer luckey has deposited .03ยข in your account

You know I only care about one thing: the swinging

and unlockable costumes

I just hope it has good production values and web-swinging. Never cared for Spiderman combat as much as I cared for a good sandbox and web-swinging action.

I hope we see new gameplay at PSX in December.

>sunset Overdrive oort
as someone who owns the game you do not want it, its not a good game its slow as fuck and the story is abysmal its like ratchet and clank with no charm

so perfect for you

>it needs to be casual because of the movie coming
This is said for every game. It's not an excuse to make uninteresting gameplay, which is what sells games (and in the case of SM, doesn't sell them). Look at Battlefront: popular idea that doesn't get any attention because it's awful.

>Look at Battlefront: popular idea that doesn't get any attention because it's awful.
battlefront sold 13 million copies

I really want this game to be good, but I don't feel confident that it will be.

Only complaints so far is that he's voiced by Yuri Lowenthal.

And how much did the last SM get?

You talking about fear? You have to upgrade that and if I recall it isn't a "yeah I just took down these like 4 guys time to use it again move". The game usually makes it something you can only use in certain situations anyway since it is only a predator move and some maps make it hard to group those guys together.

If it doesn't have spidy 2 swinging it's immediately going into the trash tbqh

Also on One and PC

the fact that its not is primarily the reason it will be good

>calling it the "One"
>trying to start company-war bullshit in a thread just discussing the genre

Kill yourself fanboy shill.

>replying

oh wait, i'm doing thie same, here we go i guess

Thing i hated about the batman games, takes like 10 fucking punches to knock some random scrub out like why?

Why do you think this?

>The craziest thing is that they made it in only 10 months.

I don't believe it. The movie was announced in April 2013, and the game was announced at E3 2014 with a 2015 release. Sure the movie was delayed, but I dont believe 10 months is the total.

>phoneposting

Kill yourself for real.

Wasn't it early 2015 though?
And didnt the movie and the game share assets?
They could have just taken the (already made) assets and piece together a game from them, saving a lot of time.

Spider-Man 2 is literally a movie tie-in game and is still the best Spider-Man game ever made.

>tfw you flip the pizzas and Mr. Aziz flips out

Fear takedowns were basically a set piece in certain areas and not something you could do in a regular fight.

Just read the fucking article, has the right idea

>play Arkham games
>can't grasp basic gameplay concepts
>spam counter and extend a five man fight to over 15 minutes
>"wow this game is trash"

no this

>high budget exclusive tied to a movie
>Insomniac
No chance. Spiderman (and every other cape game) is doomed to repeat Bamham's non-combat until it hits rock bottom in popularity and we get a gem from a suicidal studio like Web of Shadows.

>the best Spider-Man game ever made.
No. And you better not be comparing Insomniac to 2004 Treyarch.

I hope this game is good.

No, that game is shit and the only thing it has going for it is all the costumes. The actual game part is garbage.

You could say the same about 2, only it has no costumes, no plot, no fan-service, no quality voice acting and no good bosses. Web swinging is literally all its has going for it and the game isn't even based around it like Ultimate.

>press x to win
Have fun trying that on the hardest difficulty and new game plus. You won't make it past the courtroom. Arkham has good combat despite what memers say.

>the core gameplay aka the most important thing is the good part of this video game

Good.

No, that's Ultimate. The core of 2 is combat and it sucks.

best spider-man game ever.

Cyanide pill yourself. Then you will receive the answers you seek. Kill yourself and they will cum.

Same, I'd take anyone who isn't Drake Bell or Lowest hall. Hell I'd take Quinton Flynn again.
Mah niggas

This a port of Spider-man 64/psx?

>XXXXYXXXXYXXXXYXXXBXXXYXXXXXY +50xp
>various animations for the same button press, some animations take an ungodly amount of time as opposed to the animation you just did five seconds ago
>mfw this is what modern gamers consider as "good gameplay" in a bta these days

>not using gadgets, dodges, stuns and ground takedowns to your favor
>somehow this is the game's fault

These are exactly the kind of people who complain about God of War because THEY mash Square instead of using the fucking combos and tools in the game.

Not going to imply that either of them is anywhere near the complexity level of Devil May Cry, but at least 9 out 10 times when people complain about Arkham games is because they played it like retards instead of trying to mix it up a little.

The chains in GoW are the best weapon in every game they appear in, though, there's no reason to use anything else.

It really peeves me when devs create a bunch of unique weapons/abilities and then make them shit.

But that's the problem user. You don't have to try even on the hardest difficulty mode, not even a little, and you'll always pass with flying colors.
Just press X until you see some guy try to throw a punch by doing a stupidly obvious and long animation, then press Y. Press B for the guys with knives, then press X. Repeat.

It's the game's fault for not creating any situation where the usage of the various gadgets is required. At least the arkham games would have been a little more challenging and fewer games would have copied the same shit. Same thing happened with Shadow of Mordor, attack attack attack counter, repeat.

Sleeping Dogs was the most guilty of them all. Why bother learning all the techniques that the game wants you to do ? The counters and environmental kills are stupidly overpowered anyway.