So is this canon or not...

So is this canon or not? I read that its considered non-canon because it wasn't written by Kojima but also that it might as well be canon because everything fits? That about right?

And should I even bother playing it before playing Peace Walker?

As said by Kojima himself, main story is canon but some details may not be canon when contradicting information in later games (PW and MGS5)

What about metal gear acid

It's treated as if the broad outline of the story happened (there was an uprising, Big Boss and Campbell were involved, FOX was disbaned and FOXHOUND was formed) and any inconsistencies are not relevant.

the canon is pretty liquid
it "fits" in the timeline but PW and later do their best to avoid explicit references to its events

Portable Ops can be skipped if you want, the story doesn't really go anywhere and the writing is average at best, it's greatest contribution is it's recruitment system and single mission based structure that was further refined in Peace Walker.

I recommend you do play it, but if it's not for you, don't feel bad for going straight to Peace Walker

Ac!d is it's own thing, much like ghost babel, play it if you want, it's a got an interesting card system
I didn't really like ac!d enough to finish it, but it was solid for the parts i did play

Not like it matters much, it's pretty much self-contained plotwise and I don't recall PW referencing anything of it.

>it's greatest contribution is it's recruitment system and single mission based structure

Kojima made the MGS database a[[ thing for the ps3 and PO is not canon, though it does show how BB met campbell and grey fox.

It is actually a really good game, well for a PSP game.

Acid is no canon, it's a spin off

>it's pretty much self-contained plotwise and I don't recall PW referencing anything of it.
it explains how BB got the idea and the funds to create outer heaven

>it explains how BB got the idea

Is it ever explicitly stated so?

>and the funds to create outer heaven

What funds now? I thought the US dismantled the whole thing at the ending? I doubt they just let him keep the stuff.

gene from PO, had the other half of the philosopfers legacy and wanted to create a soldiers heaven, a nation for soldiers, he gave it to BB after BB killed him, well while he was dying.
I suppose, although it is stated as non cannon, it could explain where BB had all the money to start MSF.

not him, but BB's learns the value of a team but still wanders in small groups or solo, it was Miller that was the one to created MSF and installed BB as the figure head.

The funds did go back to america, and MSF was funded by mercenary work and a rich oldman that got research platform in the ocean on the cheap

The real inconsistency with Big Boss receiving Gene's money and using it to form MSF is that MSF was literally a small band of mercenaries that followed Big Boss and operated out of a shack on a Costa Rican beach. MSF only really took off once Zadornov threw him a bone and gave him a defunct oil rig, and you'd think he'd never have needed that leg up if he had half of the WW2-era illuminati's own amassed wealth at his disposal.

>Portable Ops happens and FOX is disbanded due to their involvement
>BB returns to America with the Legacy, together with the SnakeEater team, they form The Patriots
>BB and Zero fight, Clark performs experiments on BB with permission, Ocelot won't get off BB's dick, and Sigint bums around
>BB leaves to travel from battlefield to battlefield and meet Miller
>together they form a mercenary band, MSF, that goes on to Peace Walker

"Canon unless contradicted by following games."

>Portable Ops can be skipped if you want, the story doesn't really go anywhere and the writing is average at best, it's greatest contribution is it's recruitment system and single mission based structure

I feel like this could be said of every post MGS4 game. The plot is basically all filler shit since they wrote themselves into a corner with 4 tying everything up.

>had all the money to start MSF.
You mean the shack? The rotten shack in costa rica? BB was poor as fuck until zadarnov showed up

>Average writing at best

Bull-fucking-shit. This is the best written game in the metal gear franchise. Kojimafags just won't admit it because it wasn't a shitfest, written by Kojima himself.

>The plot makes sense

>Big Boss is a fucking human

>No pretentious bullshit

Best fucking MGS game since MGS3.

>DO MY CONTRARIAN OPINIONS MAKE ME UNIQUE AND INTERESTING Cred Forums PLEASE VALIDATE ME
holy fucking shit dude

>Disagree with random dumbass on Cred Forums
>"MUH CONTRARIAN"

Please fucking kill yourself you raging faggot.

I don't know how else to describe the kind of retard who believes PO is well written, let alone the best in the franchise

Holy shit. I forgot all about Ac!d. I loved the games so much. I need to play them again.

Are there good PSP emulators?

PPSSPP is everything you could ever need.

PO was ment to be the start of the creation of outhaven made by Kojipro with no Kojima. Then Kojima came along and said "No rikey, I do better" and made PW.

Better than PW

I have heard of that. I'll check it out.

Any tips for finding the ISOs?

Emuparadise.

kek

Why did we need THREE games set between 3 and Metal Gear?

Maybe the illuminati weren't actually that rich and Gene had already spent everything besides 20$

We don't. We need 7

>a walking sim set in America wher BB gradually gets betrayed by all of the Patriots

and a zombie survival game set in an alternate dimension with BB's army